Results 1 to 3 of 3
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
Aasimar Ascendant (20 Level Aasimar Base Class)Aasimar Ascendant
Born of the blood of heaven mixing with humans through generations, aasimar are a race of untold potential watched carefully by the Good aligned Powers and the forces of Heaven and Hell both. Aasimar Ascendants are one reason for that. They are an aasimar in which the blood of Heaven stirs strongly, celestial power flowing into them possibly unattached to Good or Evil and admixing with their human blood to evolve and mutate into something strange and new.
Adventures: Aasimar Ascendants adventure for a variety of reasons. Few Aasimar Ascendants adventure for something as simple as wealth. Instead they usually serve some cause or the pursuit of knowledge of Heaven either to escape to the Planes still living or to learn of its role on the Prime. Good aligned Aasimar Ascendants often adventure simply to fight back against Evil, saving those in need when they come across them, but seeking out holy sites now profaned and in need of re-sanctifying, or finding those places which represent the foothold of Evil Outer Planar forces, whether deific or fiendish, and with the holy fire of their cause burning them clean. Neutral Aasimar Ascendants are more likely to simply seek knowledge, but those with a cause (and some Good aligned ones) often see it as their duty to preserve humanity and the mortal world not by improving it but by ensuring that humanity retains that essential choice that makes them human, and preserving the balance between Good and Evil (and even Law and Chaos) that allows for humanity (and other mortal races) to grow and have meaning to their existence. Evil Aasimar Ascendants may swear themselves over wholly to Evil and adventure as its champion, or may seek to take the power of Heaven into themselves; while even they rarely adventure for wealth, they often adventure for power and thus are the most likely to seek out mere wealth.
Characteristics: Aasimar Ascendants as already stated are the results of their human blood and celestial heritage mixing together to propel each other higher and further. Some, referred to as Messengers by certain scholars, draw more and more celestial power into them, acting as a conduit for Celestial forces, causing the energy of the Upper Planes flow out from them. Others, referred to as Enlightened Ones, instead find their blood mixing more and more to result in something more than mortal, but not truly celestial, instead pushing aspects of that blessed lineage higher than is even found in the angels themselves.
Alignment: Aasimar Ascendants are normally Good aligned, however this is not universal. While their celestial blood naturally calls Aasimar Ascendants to a life of heroism, charity, and altruism, not all Aasimar Ascendants heed it. Those few Aasimar Ascendants which are not Good aligned are almost evenly split between Neutral and Evil. Neutral Aasimar Ascendants are almost those who have refused the call, and seek mere knowledge not heroism, who seek to find themselves a place where they can truly belong. Evil Aasimar Ascendants heard the call and rejected it, noting their powers and feeling the demand within for more, to do more, to gain more. These Aasimar Ascendants are sometimes called Nephilim and are hated by the forces of Heaven, and are valued as mercenaries by both Baatezu and Tanar'ri.
Religion: Aasimar Ascendants tend to hold at least a fondness for Good aligned powers. Some turn this wholly into religious devotion to a single god, but many simply heed and respect the powers of Good as a whole. On rare occasion an Aasimar Ascendant's growing connection to the Upper Planes is due to a connection with a god, making them almost like a paladin or favored soul in service of that god, but such cases are the exception and not the norm. Neutral Aasimar Ascendants are rarely religious, feeling awkward serving the Good gods as they do not follow the path of Good and awkward serving Neutral gods as they are still connected to the forces of Good even if not by choice. Evil Aasimar Ascendants are more often religious than Neutral ones, but even then it is not particularly common. Still some Evil Aasimar Ascendants devote themselves deeply to gods of Evil, or Archfiends, swearing unholy allegiance to them in exchange for power.
Background: An Aasimar Ascendant can come from a variety of backgrounds. However in all cases the celestial power in their blood begins to stir and they rise to meet it. An Aasimar Ascendant must train their body and spirit to provide the celestial power room to extend, so feeling that stir many seek out training in combat which leads some to serving in town militias, or nobles' guards when they can find a way to do so without causing them to feel utter disgust in the service. Others set out to become paladins or holy templars, but find that they have their own path which does not necessitate a deity, and that they are called in service of Good and not a single god's purposes.
Races: All Aasimar Ascendants are aasimar. They typically have decent, better than the norm for humans, relations with races which hold Good in strong regard, and rarely hold true hatred for orcs and goblinoids and other 'evil' humanoid races knowing that even there 1 in 10 does not hold their twisted values and that Good can be taught. Aasimar Ascendants ironically have frosty relations with true celestials, as the latter seem to fear the potential for an Aasimar Ascendant to fall, and do not trust mortals who have access to their powers without regulation from immortal forces. Meanwhile fiends love to corrupt Aasimar Ascendants for that same hallowed might, enjoying nothing more than twisting it.
Other Classes: Aasimar Ascendants tend to get along well with paladins, especially those who serve the Cause and not a deity. Clerics and Favored Souls of good aligned gods also find an easy kinship. Monks who share their quest for self-perfection, their goal of pushing their humanity to a higher stage, often serve Aasimar Ascendants well as a second philosophical viewpoint.
Rogues, whose penchant for theft leads many away from the straight and narrow, have a harder time with the often (self-)righteous Aasimar Ascendants. Druids and Aasimar Ascendants may often find themselves uncomfortable around each other as the growing Outer Planar forces in the Ascendant could be taken as 'unnatural' for the Prime, and very much out of its normal balance, although possibly only as a reactive measure to an unbalancing concentration of darkness.
Hexblades, Dread Necromancers, and Warlocks all deal uneasily with Aasimar Ascendants. While Evil aligned Aasimar Ascendants find Hexblades fine company, Good aligned ones find their active choice towards darkness uncomfortable to say the least. Dread Necromancers not always having had the choice due to the chance of being born a natural conduit may find more kinship, especially if they are both Neutral aligned as then they both share common ground in having to resist a pull of this power in their blood that goes against their nature and their true self. Warlocks are again split, those who willfully made pacts with fiends are seen as horrors or comrades by good or evil Aasimar Ascendants respectively, while those who inherited them are pitied and, when Good aligned, seen as shining examples of how the Good in one's heart can overcome any evil. Fey pact warlocks are less noticed by Aasimar Ascendants in general, though few understand the choice of Chaos over Good or Evil.
Role: Aasimar Ascendants are front line melee combatants, although they lack many abilities directly empowering their melee combat capability. Instead they gain a smattering of spell-like abilities and other benefits. Those that focus on Enlightenment abilities become superior personal combatants and skill monkeys with Fast Healing, bonuses to select skills, the ability to increase certain ability scores, and even to enter a state of perfect action for a time. Those that focus on Message abilities serve as full party buffers. Most, however, will mix the two and serve as primary or secondary melee combatants who also serve to provide their entire party with some limited buffs.
GAME RULE INFORMATION
Aasimar Ascendants have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Strength improves their melee combat ability, and with heavy armor and a Wisdom bonus Aasimar Ascendants are more likely to use Zen Archery than Dexterity based ranged combat. Their Enlightenment and Message abilities, however, as well as their spell-like abilities and a variety of other abilities are based off of Wisdom and Charisma. While Enlightened Message, and the choice between Enlightenment and Message abilities allow for an Aasimar Ascendant to forgo one of these stats, they may also want to split their focus between them.
Hit Die: d10
Starting Age: As fighter.
Starting Wealth: 6d4 x 10 GP.
Class Skill List:
The Aasimar Ascendant's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Use Magic Device (Cha), and any 1 skill chosen at 1st level.
Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special 1st+1+2+0+2 Aura of Good, Bless, Daylight, Human Blood, Improved Energy Resistances 2nd+2+3+0+3 Bonus Feat, Protection from Evil 3rd+3+3+1+3 Enlightenment or Message 4th+4+4+1+4 Divine Grace, Holy Radiance 5th+5+4+1+4 DR 5/magic, Enlightened Message 6th+6/+1+5+2+5 Enlightenment or Message 7th+7/+2+5+2+5 Greater Electricity Resistance, Holy Smite 8th+8/+3+6+2+6 Greater Daylight, Wings 9th+9/+4+6+3+6 Enlightenment or Message 10th+10/+5+7+3+7 Blinding Flash, Spell Resistance 11th+11/+6/+1+7+3+7 Heal, Superior Electricity Resistance 12th+12/+7/+2+8+4+8 Enlightenment or Message 13th+13/+8/+3+8+4+8 DR 5/magic and evil, Heaven’s Messenger 14th+14/+9/+4+9+4+9 Holy Word 15th+15/+10/+5+9+5+9 Enlightenment or Message 16th+16/+11/+6/+1+10+5+10 Electricity Immunity, Heavenborn, Majestic Presence 17th+17/+12/+7/+2+10+5+10 Mass Heal, Sense Evil 18th+18/+13/+8/+3+11+6+11 Enlightenment or Message 19th+19/+14/+9/+4+11+6+11 DR 10/magic and evil, Summon Heavenly Forces 20th+20/+15/+10/+5+12+6+12 Blessed Revival, Hallowed Chanel
The following are all class features of the Aasimar Ascendant class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Aasimar Ascendant trains in weapons and armor. They are proficient in all simple and martial weapons as well as light, medium, and heavy armor and shields (except tower shields).
Aura of Good: Regardless of your actual alignment you radiate Good as a good aligned cleric of your class level.
Bless (Sp): You may use Bless as a spell-like ability 1/day + 1/day per 3 class levels.
Daylight (Sp): You may use Daylight as a spell-like ability an additional time each day per Aasimar Ascendant level.
Human Blood (Ex): You are considered a Humanoid with the Human subtype whenever it is beneficial to you, and may fulfill prerequisites as if you were human. Note: You are always still considered your normal type/subtype (so if something has an affect against Outsiders it’d still affect you).
Improved Energy Resistances (Ex): Your Acid, Cold, and Electricity Resistance increases by 5.
Bonus Feat (Ex): At 2nd level your human heritage manifests itself a little further, you gain a bonus feat of your choice.
Protection from Evil (Sp): At 2nd level you may use Protection from Evil as a spell-like ability 3/day.
Enlightenment or Message (I): At 3rd level, and every 3rd level thereafter, you must choose either an Enlightenment ability based on Wisdom or a Message ability based on Charisma. You do not have to choose all Enlightenment or all Message abilities, in fact most of each gain additional benefits for each ability of the other type you possess. Message abilities represent being endowed with greater Celestial ability, having ones celestial nature awaken, and acting as a conduit for celestial power which flows outwards from you; they typically provide an effect that directly affects others. Enlightenment abilities represent a growing balance between human and celestial nature and the melding of the two into one whole which allows both sides to both obtain previously undreamt of powers and which allow you to grow closer to cosmic harmony and cosmic good, the ability for human and celestial to come together to become more than human or celestial, mechanically enlightenment abilities only directly affect you personally.
- Enlightenment – One With Action (Ex): You are capable of intuiting the flow of the world to some extent and acting with it. Select 3 skills, other than Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot, you gain a morale bonus to these skills equal to your Wisdom modifier (if positive). For each Message ability you possess you may select an additional 3 skills.
- Message – Lay on Hands (Su): You can heal wounds (your own or those of others) by touch. Each day you can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to your Aasimar Ascendant level × your Charisma bonus. You may choose to divide your healing among multiple recipients, and you don’t have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action.
Alternatively you can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. You decide how many of your daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.
If you have Lay on Hands from another source, such as paladin, your levels in Aasimar Ascendant stack for determining your maximum amount. For each Enlightenment ability you possess you may 1/day as a free action refill your Lay on Hands pool by ˝ its maximum capacity.
Divine Grace (Su): At 4th level an Aasimar Ascendant gains Divine Grace as the paladin ability except they may add the higher of their Wisdom or Charisma modifier to their saving throws (instead of just using Charisma).
Holy Radiance (Su): Beginning at 4th level you may use your Daylight spell-like ability to instead grant yourself a holy radiance. If you do so this functions as the Daylight spell but its bright light only radiates out to 20 ft and good aligned creatures naturally recognize and trust the goodness of this energy granting you a +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Gather Information checks dealing with Good aligned creatures and inflicting a -2 penalty to their Bluff checks when dealing with you; against evil creatures you gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks as the hallowed radiance stirs a certain fear of you in their blackened hearts. Blind creatures within the radius of bright light are still affected by this ability. This radiance persists for 10 minutes per Aasimar Ascendant levels or until dismissed or dispelled.
If you have the Greater Daylight ability the radius of bright light is increased by 5 ft per 2 levels beyond 3rd your daylight ability is considered and the bonuses and penalties applied by this ability are increased by 1 per 3 levels beyond 3rd (so if you were a 12th level Aasimar Ascendant it’d extend 25 ft because your daylight spell is considered 6th level which is at least 2 above 3rd but not 4 above 3rd, and you’d gain a +3 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks against good creatures and they’d have a -3 penalty to Bluff checks against you).
Damage Reduction (Su): Beginning at 5th level an Aasimar Ascendant gains DR 5/magic, and their natural weapons and any weapon they wield overcome damage reduction as if magic. At 13th level this becomes 5/magic and evil, and their natural weapons and any weapon they wield overcome damage reduction as if Good and Magic. At 19th level this increases to 10/magic and evil.
Enlightened Message: Beginning at 5th level an Aasimar Ascendant learns to balance their mortal and angelic halves a little further, bringing them into greater unity. For the purposes of Enlightenment and Message abilities you add 1/3rd of your Charisma modifier to your Wisdom modifier and 1/3rd your Wisdom modifier to your Charisma modifier; this includes for the purposes of the save DCs of these abilities.
Enlightenment or Message (II): At 6th level an Aasimar Ascendant must again select between Enlightenment and Message abilities.
- Enlightenment – Flowing Life (Ex): You gain Fast Healing equal to your Wisdom when at less than ˝ hp. In addition you gain immunity to non-magical (or supernatural) diseases, and a +4 bonus on saves against poison and diseases of all kinds. If you have at least 2 Message abilities this fast healing may now go up to your full hp.
- Message – Rallying Presence (Su): You serve as an inspiration to others upon the field of battle. Allies within 20 ft gain a morale bonus on saves against fear equal to your Charisma modifier and a morale bonus on Will saves equal to ˝ your Charisma modifier. Each Enlightenment ability you possess increases the range to which this bonus extends by 10 ft.
Greater Electricity Resistance (Ex): At 7th level your electricity resistance improves by another 10 points (normally to 20).
Holy Smite (Sp): At 7th level you gain the ability to use Holy Smite as a spell-like ability twice per day. Unlike the spell the damage for this ability is not capped and may continue to increase with your caster level. In addition you gain a bonus to your caster level for this ability equal to ˝ your Wisdom modifier.
Greater Daylight: Beginning at 8th level your racial Daylight spell-like ability improves. It is considered to be heightened to a spell-level of ˝ your Aasimar Ascendant level and is no longer temporarily negated by darkness spells of lower level than its effective level. In addition for each level above 3rd it is heightened the area of bright light is increased by 20 ft.
Wings (Ex): At 8th level your celestial heritage blossoms in the form of a pair of radiant and resplendent wings. You gain a fly speed (good maneuverability) of twice your base land speed.
Enlightenment or Message (III): At 9th level an Aasimar Ascendant must again select between Enlightenment and Message abilities.
- Enlightenment – Predict the Way (Sp): Your oneness with cosmic harmony grant you glimpses into the fate that the heavens have written. A number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier (min 1/day) you can use Augury as a spell-like ability as a swift action. Each Message ability you possess increases the chance of an accurate reading by 2%, if this would increase your chance for an accurate reading to over 90% you instead gain the ability to use Divination in place of Augury without this bonus (you may still use Augury but the chance of success remains capped at 90%).
- Message – Aura of Guidance (Su): When you select this ability choose one ability score. Allies within 20 ft gain a morale bonus to ability and skill checks based off of that ability score equal to your Charisma modifier. Each Enlightenment ability you possess increases the range to which this bonus extends by 10 ft.
Blinding Flash (Sp): A number of times per day equal to 1 + your Wisdom modifier (min 1/day) you may use a daily use of your daylight spell-like ability to produce a blinding flash of light. This is considered to be an evocation spell of the same level as your daylight spell and extends in a line out to twice its bright light area. Any magical darkness in this line is instantly dispelled unless it is at least 2 levels higher than your daylight spell-like ability’s effective spell level, and any creature within the area which was not within an area of magical darkness must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + spell level + your Charisma modifier) or be blinded for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier (min 1 round), evil creatures within the line take damage equal to twice your Charisma modifier (min 0) whether they succeed on the save or not, undead and creatures with the evil subtype (regardless of their actual alignment) take four times your Charisma modifier (min 0) damage instead.
Spell Resistance (Su): At 10th level you gain Spell Resistance 10 + class level.
Heal (Sp): At 11th level you gain the ability to use Heal as a spell-like ability 1/day. When you use this ability the target and additional creatures up to your Charisma modifier (min 0) within 30 ft of the target heal 10 x your Wisdom modifier (minimum 0) hit points; in the target’s case this is in addition to the amount healed by the heal spell; this is a positive energy effect dealing damage to undead and having no effect on constructs.
Superior Electricity Resistance (Ex): At 11th level your electricity resistance improves by another 10 (normally to 30).
Enlightenment or Message (IV): At 12th level an Aasimar Ascendant must again select between Enlightenment and Message abilities.
- Enlightenment – Guidance of the Sacred Temple (Ex): An Aasimar Ascendant’s soul is in tune with the cosmos and simultaneously they are in tune with their soul. This cosmic harmony can be invoked to guide their actions. A number of times per day equal to 1 plus ˝ your Wisdom modifier you may use this ability (as a free action usable when it is not your turn) to add your Aasimar Ascendant level to any d20 roll you make; you must use this ability before making the roll. For every Message ability you possess this bonus is increased by +2.
- Message – Protective Aura (Su): You project a Magic Circle against Evil from yourself out to 20 ft. Unlike a normal Magic Circle against Evil the deflection bonus to AC against attacks from Evil creatures is equal to 3 + ˝ your Charisma modifier as is the resistance bonus to saving throws; in addition neither of these bonuses apply against attacks or effects created by you even if you are evil. Each Enlightenment ability you possess increases the range to which this magic circle extends by 10 ft.
Heaven’s Messenger (Sp): At 13th level you gain the benefits of a continuous tongues spell. If this is dispelled you may reactivate this ability as a free action.
Holy Word (Sp): At 14th level you gain the ability to use Holy Word as a spell-like ability 2 times per day. In addition to the spell’s normal effect Evil creatures (other than potentially yourself) within the area suffer 1d6 damage per 2 caster levels or 1d6 per caster level if they have the Evil subtype.
Enlightenment or Message (V): At 15th level you must again choose between Enlightenment and Message abilities.
- Enlightenment – Enlightened Body (Su): You gain a pool of ability score bonuses equal to your Wisdom modifier (if positive). You may assign points from this pool of ability score bonuses to any of your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution each point increasing the ability score it was assigned to by 1. As a swift action you may reassign these points. You may never assign more than 4 points to one ability score unless you have 8 or more points; for every 3 points you have above 5 you may assign 1 more point to each ability score. You gain 1 bonus point to assign for each Message ability you possess.
- Message – Gift of Guidance (Su): You have gained the ability to bestow some of your Wisdom and power onto others in a divine gift. As a standard action you may touch a creature and bestow one of the following gifts. You may only bestow a number of gifts equal to your Charisma modifier and may not bestow two gifts to the same creature. In addition you may only bestow a number of different gifts equal to 1 plus the number of Enlightenment abilities you have selected; each option counts as one different gift, although if you choose an option which has you select a sub option (Bestow Feat, Skill, Resistance, or Attribute) each sub option is considered a different gift. You may revoke a gift as a standard action and if a creature dies or is no longer on the same plane as you its gift is instantly revoked, you are automatically aware when a gift is revoked though not the cause of the revocation; if you die all gifts you have bestowed are instantly revoked. You may not bestow a gift upon yourself. Options for gifts are:
- Bestow Saves: The target gains a +1 sacred bonus to all saves which they have a lower saving throw modifier for than you.
- Bestow Feat: Select one feat you possess, the target gains the benefits of that feat (as if a bonus feat).
- Bestow Skill: Select one skill, the target may use your skill modifier if higher in place of their own with that skill.
- Bestow Prowess: The target gains a +1 sacred bonus to attack rolls if their BAB is lower than yours.
- Bestow Attribute: Select one ability score, the target gains a +2 sacred bonus on that ability score; this may not increase an ability score to higher than yours. Enlightened Message does not apply to determining your ability score for this ability (as it adds to the modifier not the score ).
- Bestow Resistance: Select an energy type. The target gains your energy resistance or immunity to that energy type.
- Bestow Protection: The target gains a +2 sacred bonus to AC.
Electricity Immunity (Ex): At 16th level you gain electricity immunity.
Heavenborn (Ex): Beginning at 16th level an Aasimar Ascendant no longer seems to age. They no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties they may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and they still die of old age when their time is up. In addition an Aasimar Ascendant no longer needs to eat, drink, or sleep (although they must still rest to regain spells if they have any).
Majestic Presence (Su): Beginning at 16th level when you use your Holy Radiance ability it is considered true sunlight. In addition undead and creatures with the evil subtype suffer a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, ability checks, and AC while within the area of bright light created by your Holy Radiance. A Will save (DC 10 + ˝ Aasimar Ascendant level + Cha modifier) is allowed to negate this penalty, if they succeed they are immune to your Majestic Presence for 24 hours if they fail they may make this saving throw again in one hour.
Mass Heal (Sp): Beginning at 17th level you may use Mass Heal as a spell-like ability 1/day.
Sense Evil (Su): Beginning at 17th level you gain the ability to sense the taint of evil like a crawling sensation on your skin. You can feel the presence of evil within 30 ft of you (similar to the spell Detect Evil), knowing the location (square) it is in, and whether its aura is faint, moderate, strong, or overwhelming as defined in Detect Evil. This effectively allows you to sense evil creatures as if with blindsense, although it does not allow you to differentiate evil creatures from non-evil characters under the effect of evil spells or carrying evil magical items.
Enlightenment or Message (VI): At 18th level you must once again select between an Enlightenment and Message ability.
- Enlightenment – Perfection of Action (Su): By bringing your angelic blood into perfect harmony with your human nature you are able to pull forth the untapped potential of both. A number of times per day equal to ˝ your Wisdom modifier you may activate this ability as a swift action to gain a +4 perfection bonus to all ability scores, Evasion, Mettle, a +4 dodge bonus to AC, a +4 to your Spell Resistance, and an additional attack each round at your highest attack bonus (this does not stack with haste or similar effects). This bonus lasts for 1 round + 1 round for each Message ability you possess.
- Message – Word of the End (Su): When the final battle is fated it is the angelic host that will deliver the message to all that is good, the word which will open the final clash between cosmic principles. Two times per day you may speak the Word of the End, when you do so you may either speak personally to a single creature or speak to the world as a whole.
If you speak to a single creature you whisper of its cosmic doom, its final fate, calling the end to claim it. The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + ˝ class level + Cha modifier) or have its soul/animating force detached from its body effectively destroying it and sending the soul to the afterlife (killing them if they’re alive or destroying them otherwise). This is not a death effect although Raise Dead and Revivify cannot revive creatures killed by this ability. Outsiders with the Evil subtype gain a +4 bonus on their save against this effect as they are less bound by the ruling will of the celestial planes. A creature with more hit dice than your Aasimar Ascendant level is not killed but takes 1d6 damage per Aasimar Ascendant level you possess and suffers a penalty to AC and saves equal to ˝ your Charisma modifier, and penalty equal to ˝ your Charisma modifier to saving throws for 1 minute. If a creature succeeds on its saving throw it suffers a penalty to AC and saves equal to one-third your Charisma modifier for a number of rounds equal to the number of Enlightenment abilities you possess. Once you use this use of Word of the End against a creature it is immune to your single target Word of the End.
If you speak to the world you release a destructive cone of wrath out to 60 ft or a line of destruction out to 120 ft. This cone deals 1d6 damage per Aasimar Ascendant level half of which is pure destructive force (ignores hardness and energy resistance or immunity) and half of which is sonic damage. A Fort save (DC 10 + ˝ class level + Cha modifier) is allowed to half this damage. In addition any creature which fails its Fort save is dazed for 1 round and then deafened permanently. Each Enlightenment ability you possess increases the damage dealt by this ability by 1d6.
Summon Heavenly Forces (Sp): Beginning at 19th level an Aasimar Ascendant may 1/day summon celestial creatures as a standard action. This functions as Summon Monster IX except that you may summon 1d3 creatures from the Summon Monster IX list or 1d4+1 creatures from the lower level Summon Monster lists, however you may only use this ability to summon Good aligned creatures regardless of your actual alignment.
Blessed Revival (Sp): Beginning at 20th level an Aasimar Ascendant may revive the dead. This functions as a Resurrection spell except that the deceased may have been dead for no more than 1 week and they are revived without any level loss. To use this ability requires 1 hour and once used the Aasimar Ascendant may not use this ability again for 1 week. This is the equivalent of an 8th level spell.
Hallowed Channel: At 20th level an Aasimar Ascendant gains additional uses of the various spell-like abilities they have acquired. You may now use Bless, Daylight, and Protection from Evil at-will. You gain 4 additional uses of Holy Smite, and 2 additional uses of each of Heal, Holy Word, and Mass Heal.
Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-23 at 05:45 PM.Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.
Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2
Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.
Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
Re: Aasimar Ascendant (20 Level Aasimar Base Class)
You appear to have forgotten/misplaced class skills and skill points.
For the Message / Enlightenment choices, maybe indent the message and enlightenment to make it stand out from the other features? Or some kind of formatting to make it more apparent that they're subabilities.
Overall, I'm not very impressed by this. Its mostly an unsynergistic jumble of spell-likes and bonuses that reminds me too much of monk. Granted, I think it has more power than monk, but I don't see it really bringing anything new or particularly fun to a game.
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
Re: Aasimar Ascendant (20 Level Aasimar Base Class)
Haven't yet dug deep enough to contemplate synergy, but I like it. From what I see so far there's some original stuff here to draw from.