Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Two questions. One, how old is Masala? Two, why are all saiyan tails brown instead of their hair color?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Dunno about the first, but the second I can answer: it's for the same reason my dog had black overcoat, but a white belly, golden paws and a red head. That is, they are multipigmented.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm gonna vent a bit.

I'm trying to minimize my exposure to Dragonball Super spoilers while I wait for the dub.

Though at this point i'm sure it's a losing battle. Feels like whenever I open youtube, someone, somewhere has a Dragonball Super clip recommended to me. No amount of channel-blocking seems to stop it. Now that would be bad enough, except for some unexplained reason, the creators of the video has no concept of spoiler warnings, and, in all-caps, are all too happy to title it "INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT PLOT TWIST HAPPENS, MAJOR CHARACTER REACTS"

They aren't making keeping myself spoiler-free easy.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-01-28 at 12:34 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Two questions. One, how old is Masala? Two, why are all saiyan tails brown instead of their hair color?
    About 12.

@ Ing: Yeah, thats the other reason I'm limiting what I say about DB super as well. For Super, I'd recommend just X'ing all youtube channels relating to it and only watching Super on crunchyroll.

Eidti: Oh right, you don't like the sub, forgot that for a sec. Well the dub is coming real soon, so no worries. I myself don't like how North Kai's voice is in that myself. It just feels so monotone and murky.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-01-28 at 12:53 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry.. about my absence, my wife about to give birth, and I am quite worried.... I hope things will calm down after she will give the birth...
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Will try to post when I've had enough rest.

Also, curious - what would happen if 23 tried to cosplay as The Absolute God of Hyperdeath?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Will try to post when I've had enough rest.

Also, curious - what would happen if 23 tried to cosplay as The Absolute God of Hyperdeath?
    She would gain various Asriel themed attacks, but no increase in power.

Like, she would totally be able to shoot lightning, fill the battlefield with hard to dodge star shaped blasts, fire rainbow-colored beams, dual-wield chaos sabers and so on, but it wouldn't actually make her invincible or unbeatable. If she trains, it might make her a very powerful hard to beat opponent with a very good all-around defense or something, but like all styles it would have a weakness: namely any style that emphasizes pacifistic methods, endurance, or anyone using Frisk cosplay.

Mostly because every cosplay is a mini-style unto itself and every martial arts style has a spiritual/physical weakness to it that counters it. A style based on fire wouldn't do so well against a martial arts style based on water, or so the wuxia logic goes. Think of Asriel being like a Ghost/Dark Type pokemon and Frisk being a Fairy type pokemon and you'll get it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-02-08 at 01:51 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #398

Now I simply must see 23 use the Absolute God of Hyperdeath cosplay.

Hopes and Dreams Intensifies!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but would she be able to use the Hyper Goner attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Now I simply must see 23 use the Absolute God of Hyperdeath cosplay.

Hopes and Dreams Intensifies!
    Me too!

Also, I have a better one. Oddly fitting for 23 and 22, actually.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-02-08 at 05:50 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but would she be able to use the Hyper Goner attack?
    ......Well it seems to be a method of draining a bunch of things into a singularity......so she and 22 might be the only ones who can at least in this universe/timeline? Question is, is it just a enhanced version of her energy drain as in like a cone, or is it worse and does she start sucking in MATTER to convert to energy?

Ok, you will see her do it. I'll figure out a way, with Lokote, I can pretty much make sure any foe turns up to be appropriate to use something like that.

General Blizzan by the way is only 200,000 PL. To keep things consistent with Ing's Apfel being the 3rd strongest. However with Lokote, he doesn't need to be the strongest naturally, he just needs to gain a sudden increase in power due to whatever circumstances unfold, assuming they reach Talsaiga.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ......Well it seems to be a method of draining a bunch of things into a singularity......so she and 22 might be the only ones who can at least in this universe/timeline? Question is, is it just a enhanced version of her energy drain as in like a cone, or is it worse and does she start sucking in MATTER to convert to energy?
    Well, that's a bit uncertain, due to the fact that the entire fight takes place in "the void", but I think it's fairly clear it's the latter. It may even be worse than that and actually suck in time itself, but that's just a theory ... A GAME THEORY, THANKS FOR READING.

Also, starting work on a new character, to join the group during/after the Meal Tournament arc.

Spoiler: Katnep, aka Kat or Katty
    Show
    Species: Nyagato Half-Saiyan

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Katnep looks like a normal Saiyan girl, save for a few features. She has a large pair of cat ears, matching her ears and tail in a reddish-brown color. Speaking of her tail, it's the same shape as a saiyan tail (though some Nyagato probably also have a similar tail), and it also has the telltail (get it?) rings a Nyagato's tail has. Also, the lower half of her forearms are furry (almost like really long gloves), and her hands are tipped with claws, which is a trait I figure some half-Nyagato have and some don't, like Saiyan tails. She has a medium-length haircut, with the spikiness typical of Saiyan hair, and she has green eyes. She is somewhat tall and mature for her age.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS_F_Y88BX8

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Under construction. Truncated version: Despite having a chef for a mother, her saiyan blood makes her long for combat, causing her to be angry at nyagato culture for their attitude towards the warrior caste. Now that Vodkana is training a saiyan chef(s), she's seeking her out to confront her.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Power Level: Early Android Saga

Skills:

Saiyan Armor (Item)
    Tail Immunity
    Zenkai
    Flight
    Energy Sensing
    Food Ki Sense
    Ki Blast:
    Typically caused by a closed-fisted punch, as opposed to an open-palmed blast.
    Ki Claws: Katnep can imbue her claws with ki energy, causing them to shine with a blood-red glow.
    Ki Beam
    Fast Food Beam
    Ryurihama
    Rage Ball:
    Gathers all of her energy into a single, giant sphere of rage. Resembles Frieza's Death Ball, only used with both hands. Can be used with one hand, but it's more difficult. Leaves her winded afterwards.
    Stormart Nyagato of Rage: Unlocked by focusing her saiyan pride and rage. Comparable to the kaio-ken, and as such theoretically stackable with super saiyan, if she ever unlocks it. Could also, in theory, be used as a precursor to unlocking super saiyan. Will use this ability early on, but not master it until after extensive training with Vodkana.

Spoiler: Other information
    Show
    None.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-03-25 at 03:00 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Yeeeaah....My response to any ability involving time control in an RPG is to not touch it with a ten foot pole unless I can design it very carefully to not be overpowered or gamebreaking.*

that and I don't want to see what would happen if an Android drained time energy. That could lead all manner of broken shenanigans involving time that some people probably don't want to deal with.

Spoiler: *Super spoilers
    Show
    Its a good thing we have Super already providing us weaknesses to Hit's techniques. Of course most technical explanation of his abilities is filler, but they are what I accept since otherwise he would be unbeatable, and he is already kind of really hard to beat even with his weaknesses.

Quite simply, time-based abilities seem to be countered by the person putting enough power into becoming fast enough to move despite the time freeze, essentially overpowering whatever force is causing time to stop.

Which of course doesn't explain Whis's ability to REWIND time for three minutes and why no one can counter that. Honestly, I would not surprised if Whis used that ability to be literally unbeatable by going back in time to the point where he makes a mistake in a fight and corrects it. His is one ability that probably should never be in the hands of a PC, because you just know that it will wreck any plot instantly.

Also, I recall you had ideas for a time patrol character and one based on Mettaton....what happened to those?
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, TBH I sort of lost interest in my Mettaton-inspired character. I might still make him, as I do think he would make for a fun villain, but I don't know if I would still be invested in playing him.

As for the time patroller, that's what this character is.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Well I am happy to anounce the birth of a new little brony in my growing family...

Hawk- this seems like.. an interesting mix. She is very powerful- is she a cheff? On Planet Meal, offically only chefs can be ki users... I am waiting with an anticaption for her backstory.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Congrats!

Actually, she was originally going to be a time patrol agent, but I think she works better as a native to this timeline, keeping Doctor Whooves as the main contact for all time-related functions.

So, I was thinking she would be a saiyan warrior who hates the Nyagatos. She was raised on Plant, and hates them for being a culture that so degrades the warrior culture ... which normally wouldn't even register on her radar - just another lowly culture - but she is half-nyagato. The other side of the coin, of course, is that she's only half-saiyan, meaning that she's more open to activities that aren't fighting (though fighting is still the best, got it punk?). I feel like over time, she could work on overcoming her learned hatred of cooking, calming down a bit and even learning to love it, along with maybe some other activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, guys? This is a thing that's been bugging me for a while now, but not enough that I thought to mention it, but ... could you guys try to double-space your paragraph breaks? It would make some posts a lot easier to read.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you!

The story is good- I can see her as an interesting character, and it make me happy, when people using my lore.
    Though, such high power level usualy demand an explantion. Maybe the rare hybrid?

And I'll try.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks!

In-character reason - half-breed saiyans are typically more powerful than pure-blooded saiyans, because they have better self-control due to exhibiting less rage and pride. Which isn't just me talking out my tailhole, it's also pretty well shown in the anime (discussion).

Out-of-character reasons - one, to put her on parity with the rest of the group without using the kaio-ken, and two, I assume the group will be a bit stronger once we reach the Meal arc.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-02-12 at 02:57 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Yup yup. Super Saiyan isn't just a generic transformation. Its a berserker rage. I'm actually starting my own plans on how to explore that with Yankar.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

By the way.. Meal Arc?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    By the way.. Meal Arc?
    Or, well, whatever Vodkana's character arc is.

Also, I think I just figured out how to beat Lokote in a straight-on fight.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Are we still doing it?!

And.. I am waiting for FF, her wanted Vodkana to destroy planets or something.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I think I just figured out how to beat Lokote in a straight-on fight.
    Yes, I agree. You have successfully beaten this version of Lokote. This has actually made me come up with an awesome villainous counter-plan that relies on your success.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    And.. I am waiting for FF, her wanted Vodkana to destroy planets or something.
    Actually, they wanted her to shoot the Kraken. I sort of lost track of what was going with that and have been waiting for Vodkana to do something more.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

I am bit confused about Talsagia- are we all together?

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Ok to clear things up:

-22 shot the Krakan with a stun beam to move on, I was a bit hasty about that, I think.

-It seems I produced too much confusion because I put Talsaiga all as one location since I didn't want to keep track so many locations upon it in my head, that was a mistake.

I think its:
    -Vodakana and Trombone Jr. are at Ver-Valna
    -23, 22, Masala, Starlight, Ieez and Artic are all out on the ocean
    -Apfel, I don't know where.
    -Serin-Misa and Lokote are at the Swamp of Lokote.

that clear it all up?
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Much better, sorry for being dumb...

27. - Top - End - #417

Apfel is also in Ver-Valna

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

She would gain various Asriel themed attacks, but no increase in power.
    Now, see, I figured it would be the other way around - she has to have more power in order to use/master certain forms, but those forms are inherently more powerful. So the Absolute God of Hyperdeath form would require substantially more power to achieve than, say, Papyrus or Toph, and Azzy's full power would require something akin ot God-level Goku to achieve.

Yes, I agree. You have successfully beaten this version of Lokote. This has actually made me come up with an awesome villainous counter-plan that relies on your success.
    Oh, you only know the half of it. See, Lokote is forbidden from killing anyone, right? So all 23 has to do is cosplay a form that would die from anything more than a light breeze, like Sans.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Now, see, I figured it would be the other way around - she has to have more power in order to use/master certain forms, but those forms are inherently more powerful. So the Absolute God of Hyperdeath form would require substantially more power to achieve than, say, Papyrus or Toph, and Azzy's full power would require something akin ot God-level Goku to achieve.

Oh, you only know the half of it. See, Lokote is forbidden from killing anyone, right? So all 23 has to do is cosplay a form that would die from anything more than a light breeze, like Sans.
    1. That could make sense. Asriel's Angel of death form would definitely be a power increase Asriel's adult form though. Its perfectly viable for something early like Kaio-Ken to come back and be important though, just remember.
    There is also the point that at this rate, it might take forever to get to god-level stuff though.

2. As for that, well, I never really intended for Referential Cosplay Style to be a limitless source of flexible magical power or whatever- the entire point is that its a martial arts style, and that you have to choose a limited amount of things to master and train in so that you form you own version of the style based on the limited things you chose.

Problem is, Android 23 and Android 22 have already been training in the Homestuck God Tier outfits right? So its like, if we follow your logic, shouldn't THEY be God-level cosplay as well? wouldn't that also mean that any TTGL outfits be potentially god-level as well? or since the TTGL outfit spans the scale from village to galaxy, that just means the access of how much power it has scales as well?

Basically your model would make have to make me redraw and rethink how it all works. and then there is your Sans example- IS Sans actually weak enough to be cosplayed at this stage? he is the hardest boss in Undertale, does that mean he is stronger than Asriel because of the Genocide Routes theme of Undertale being just a game, or is his cosplay so weak that even someone with a PL of 5 can access his power, due to his stats, and the main story being that Asriel a god with ALL THE STATS? Or is Sans a cosplay that starts out the weakest but with sufficient mastery become stronger than Asriel? Or is Sans simply the opposite- weak against most foes, but suddenly gaining massive amounts of strength against evil sociopaths? Undertale is very nonlinear in its presentation of how powerful one is compared to your enemies and how much you training whether it be in peace or in battle matters.

and then there is cases like Batman. how powerful would have to be to cosplay as him? Is he as strong as he is intended to be, only city level? Or since he can beat people far beyond his weight class with prep time, does that mean he is actually one of the most pwoerful cospalys you can have? and there is Superman who is completely inconsistent with how powerful he is due to his writers constantly changing hands, and his cosplay could be anywhere from Saiyan Saga to Beerus Saga levels of power.

Quite simply, it sounds like massive headache to my point of view. Especially when a characters power has nothing to do with matching the WAY they do things. Which was the original intention of making it a STYLE, to do things a certain way. Make the form dependent upon power levels being high enough and you might potentially run into the problem that one cosplay someone might want to do might be too powerful for them- or a cosplay that they might want to use on a stronger level might be too weak. Or that they might just not find any cosplay they like at their current level.

So by making it so that the Style is purely method rather having any actual raw power behind it, the intention is so that the techniques of the Cosplay are divorced from the persons power level, this makes things simple- if you want a "weak" cosplay to become godlike, you just simply need to train in it so that you become a godlike version of that cosplay. while at the same time, it makes any cosplay of a godlike character an expression of your own strength through their methods. This is so that what matters is your own characters efforts rather than the cosplay itself.

However you do have a point in that would be far more epic to use Asriel at God-levels than early levels. So. food for thought.

I'm just trying to ask and questions and say my logic for why I design the style this way, so that I can get a sense for your ideas and your logic behind your thoughts.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough. I guess it comes down to two different ways of looking at it. You look at the different forms as like different loadouts for a video game character, whereas I would probably use them as distinct forms if I were doing it. Using them in place of super saiyan 1/1.5/2/3/4/God/Blue/Rose/etc. to express a degree of power scaling and give a sense of power progression. Your method is good too, though, and I see why you use it.

As for Sans ... eh, I think he's an instance where skill with the form would trump raw power, what with all of his abilities simply overcoming his poor stats through creative application. Though I do think he's actually fairly powerful - he does have that whole "time stop" ability, ala Hit, for example, and he can summon a massive number of bones and deal karma damage. I feel like whichever method you use, his cosplay's power level would scale depending on how evil the opponent is.

Actually, with your blessing, I've been considering giving this style a go in another DBZ RP on another site.

As for Asriel, yeah, it would probably be cooler to use his cosplay at god-tier levels, but you can always reserve his "full power" form for that.

Problem is, Android 23 and Android 22 have already been training in the Homestuck God Tier outfits right? So its like, if we follow your logic, shouldn't THEY be God-level cosplay as well?
    I think the bigger question is, has Hawk seen or cared about Homestuck ever? Answer: No, she has not. What's Homestuck?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-02-18 at 01:32 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show