Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

aww! Come on! When I'll find time to reply Icly?!

Ahem.

Hawkflight I: Alright. If you idea for the My Little Namekians (bad pun intended) I'll roll with that.

Raziere I: Trigger was a poor choice of word. I meant, one of the RA being in Hell, would let us exprience the rebellion, Vodkana even could report with the telepathy of 23 and Starlight. Also, I thought it could be a metal way of an afterlife training- fight and getting "killed" over and over until she get stronger.
    so, Solitus sitting on the throne isn't that hard- most Kais are weaklings+with hold of a Trombincon he could do a LOT. And even if not, Cross Namekians would willingky help him behind the scenes.
    Another thing- it isn't THAT easy to get to the Other World. And I am sure, there are magical means to block invaders. (Aka- the RA)

Shipping- Dont forget to add Slushie to Flake's harem! She is the only reason he went down to Talsagia, fighting Blizzan and carrying her from the battle+almost killing Vodkana as revange.

As Vodkana-she is shipable with everything. Everything. Taboo is an alien word for her. See would happily ship herself with any RA member. But she won't be loyal. She neither expect others to be loyal to her. This might be changed with a very dedicated lover.

Multiversal traveler? Sure why not
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

@Igor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once the fight ends on Talsaiga, I was thinking C-II and Junior could pay a visit to Trombone Senior. Not releasing him yet, just a brief chat. Sound okay?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys hm. let see.....lots of points to address....

new people coming in, lots of things being discussed, yeah I think its time to put Talsaiga arc into its final stages. I'll be basically making Future Lokote make Blizzan immortal but with the twist being that Blizzan can only be killed by the spirit bomb so as to force the RA to use a long-charging big and slow weapon to defeat him while he uses the opportunity to try and get present Lokote in his mirror shard and kill them all. So, come up with a way to get around that. this is the final real battle.

1. No, just stepping on Blizzans toes, but Starlight can try to figure out how to do it herself. and it less a weapon-summoning power and more like Blizzan having internalized weaponry and warfare to the point where he can form ki into any weapon he wants and use them competently as progress towards become a living avatar of warfare, but if you can come up with a way to achieve the same without doing that that is awesome or reasonable, whats stopping you?

2. weird timeline discussion, yeah....Universes don't really seem to have "duplicates" per se, that is why you have Universe 13 slowly starting starting to differentiate itself from 7. It also explains why there are more varied techniques and other strangeness in Universe 13: every universe seems to have different strange abilities that don't map to other things.

3. So Artic, Vodkana, Starlight, Slushie all love Flake? that is weird. Where did I go so horribly wrong? Does she somehow tick the right sympathy notes? Will I have to make a comedy mini-arc where Flake is the unaware romance protagonist and all four tries to win her over? Maybe Saoma Ratame can make a second appearance and give her advice on this sort of thing.....

4. Sargetim I'd just post a backstory that explains where your character is from and how you got your abilities in a basic sense, keep it to the details that matter, and you'll be fine.

5. Dining Set: the traditional and probably easiest thing to do is introduce your character on Earth, the only storyline there going on is the first Budokai Tournament. Your too late to participate in it yourself, but there will be an important thing coming up after that: Shanakan and Luxana ARE there to recruit people to form an official Earth defense force, so good opportunity to jump on and if you want a fight, a duel to prove yourself capable of defending Earth is probably a good excuse for that.

6. an organization separate from Time patrol to help organize time? So....... like a Time Militia? The Androids WILL be important members to that then. They were the time travelers who basically STARTED this Universe in the first place. I think I already have a good starting list of possible threats...

7. Nope, Igor, telepathy? reporting? No, I know PC's. thats just a recipe for the attack being foiled early. If there is a way to foil it early, PCs will automatically find it, use it immediately without hesitation and everything goes wrong from there, especially since both 23 and Starlight have a ways to teleport now, and I wouldn't put it past Starlight to come up with a way to mass teleport people in the ten or more years between Hailing and Solitus arcs.

anything else I missed?
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure what you are actually addressing with #7.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm not sure what you are actually addressing with #7.
    This:
    Raziere I: Trigger was a poor choice of word. I meant, one of the RA being in Hell, would let us exprience the rebellion, Vodkana even could report with the telepathy of 23 and Starlight. Also, I thought it could be a metal way of an afterlife training- fight and getting "killed" over and over until she get stronger.
    so, Solitus sitting on the throne isn't that hard- most Kais are weaklings+with hold of a Trombincon he could do a LOT. And even if not, Cross Namekians would willingky help him behind the scenes.
    Another thing- it isn't THAT easy to get to the Other World. And I am sure, there are magical means to block invaders. (Aka- the RA)
    also note: I'm pretty sure your soul getting killed in Dragon Ball is implied to be perma-death, no way back even with Dragon Balls.

So.....yeah, Solitus's goal won't be a mass slaughter, but rather trying to take Heaven and the gods as slaves, since he believes that slavery under him is the perfect way for him to rule others using his egomania. So yeah, while he will be driving the force, he will also oddly be the one holding the other villains back because his belief that he is so perfect that EVERYONE will accept him as ruler in time, because by his reasoning, who wouldn't? and no he won't be using the Trombonicon. He believes he is too perfect to use dark magic or accept demonic deals. Solitus is weird in that while his egomania is both his villainous trait and also the thing that gives him a moral code of his own, even if its not one we would think of as moral. He has standards unlike say Blizzan.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

FF
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm.. it worth thinking about it. You mean visiting physically? He is crossified in the core of Arcos. Sleeping, in death beyond death. And no one from the Cross Clan know where he is- the Supreme Kais have sealed this information with all of their powers... His sub consiounse is very active though. Telepathiclly it's just require mediation and having will strong enough not to get mad.

If you have idea how to go pass it all...

Raziere-
    2) Hmm.. But hit's race should exist in universe 13. Right? Hmmm... I wonder how would it work with Whis.

3) Sound like a lot of fun! Unless you hate fillers too much... If it wierding you out too much, Vodkana xould back off... even if she was the first to flirt Flake. (as much as I remember)

and its your fault for making such lovable characters! (I should take a notes from you)

5) Dito.

6) I'll have to do a lot of rereads and maybe watching gameplays to understand it all.

7)
    Hmm.. I didnt meant dieing dieing. I remember scene where Pekkon(?) and Goku beating dead Freeza and other villians and someone whine

"such pain.. why can't I die?'
    "this is hell. You can't die. You keep living and suffering"

And Vodkana isn't main character material... I agree that comuicatig is issue.

Maybe if they' l learn to use the cauldron..

Hmm.. I think Vodkana could try tempting Solitus to be his concubine, or simply making a resistance movemnt.

About Solitus himself- he soubd awesome. He doesn't need magic shmagic!
    You could get inspiratio from exalted Solars for abilities.
    about enslaving.. I have an idea to offer- I am posting from my phone, ao I can't link it-
    but search youtube for "Conqurer Haki" I think something like that woukd fit Solitus.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Well yeah, Solitus IS actually basically based on Solar Exalted. I used to REALLY HATE Solar Exalted, and I was on a "I'll NEVER play Exalted at this rate!" kick at the time, so I thought "Hey why not make the villain a Solar Exalt in all but name then give him a giant ego to parody how a Solar Exalt sees himself and how Solar fans see them then just take that up to eleven, and why not draw parallels to Oxyribo while doing it?" Though Solitus might arguably more fit a Malfean Infernal as time goes on. Which would fit him getting something like King's Haki.

Conceptually Yankar also takes inspiration from Solars in a more "pure human excellence" direction. He is meant to be a character that if he met Oxyribo, would have no problem matching him skill for skill, punch for punch without needing any gene-hax, super forms, fusion or anything of that.

1. and yes Hit's race should if we want, I was thinking of detailing Hits race myself, I got a write up for how I think their race works and how its different yet similar to Arcosians, if anyone wants to read it.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Iove the fluff of Exalted but hate the crunch.
    My little brain can't handle it. I also made a grave mistake, I had two friends willing to give one chance for tabletop roleplay... and what game does baka Igor have chosen to introduce to them?
    That right.

Needless to say I dont have any irl tabletop group.

Anyway. Solitus is acting like a mad Solar. I think. But yeah , they are flank holes. I once built an architect Solar who dreaming on building exalted-only city with spirits and ghosts as slaves.

Oh. So you watched it? He has an enslaving aura. Vodkana could be a grear Trophy wife?, cosidering her heritage... but she can also stay alive, I am just violently tossing ideas at you.

1. Hmm please do tell. Maybe I want to make another member of the Galactic assasian guild...

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

ah yeah, I don't like the crunch of Exalted either, in any edition. Yes that includes 3e, which IS out. I'm sticking to Godbound.

ok, here is my writeup for Hits' race:
    Spoiler: On Hit's Race
    Show

Hit from Dragon Ball Super is an interesting fellow. He has a combat-viable time stop technique that is honestly overpowered and game-breaking, mostly because he uses it well. Its the cornerstone of his fighting style, but thats not the thing I want to talk about.

What I want to talk about is his alien species. what Iíve gleaned from various clues are these facts:
    -Hitís race can breathe in space

-Hitís race lives to 1000 without any sign of aging. He is clearly an adult, so Iíd estimate that his race has a lifespan in the thousands of years and that he has a long time to live yet.

-clearly not Arcosian, but has similar characteristics. Like what Arcosians would look like without any Bio-Armor.

-most importantly, has this ability natural to him called Improvement, or Growth. Rather than a PL boost or JUST a PL boost, this ability is one that rapidly and permanently improves skill in battle. Their brains are quite simply so adaptive and learn so fast in battle that their skill makes leaps and bounds in their techniques, strategies and control, in seconds.

This is far more interesting to me than his Time Leap technique to me, because it means Hitís Race, which for convenience I will refer to as ďHitfolkĒ until I can come up with something better, evolved in similar but different conditions to Arcosians.

Like Arcosians, they have a biology giving them immunity to the vacuum of space and no hair whatsoever. like Arcosians they seem to age much slower than humanity or Saiyans- Vegeta and Goku grew up and became great fighters over 20 years, yet Freeza didnít change or age one bit.

Unlike Arcosians however, his race canít transform. Hit himself says that he canít become more powerful through transformation, only through Improvement, and that this is the first in a long time he ever had to Improve at all. Which implies something about his race. While Arcosians evolved to be the hardiest people in the galaxy, Hit folk evolved to the fastest learners in a crisis or combat situation.

So Hit folk probably evolved on a similar gas giant to ArcosÖ.but not the same. Its probably something more like Saturn than a Brown Dwarf. One where conditions and dangers are faster changing, less stable and require constant reaction and learning to survive. A planet where if your not constantly learning how to improve yourself every single second, your dead.

So, why arenít Hitfolk just as galaxy conquering and dangerous as Arcosians? because, the Arcosian society is simply more stable. Iíd wager Hitfolk are more nomadic, constantly surviving their own planet and keeping themselves survivors to ever try to become conquerors or travel to other planets, or even set down cities. They donít have time to set down the infrastructure required. They are too busy dodging incoming meteors from the rings around them falling in, sudden storms out of nowhere, lightning storms, furious winds at insane speeds, lightning-fast predators, other tribes of Hit-Folk and so on and so forth. They simply do not have any way of getting off.

Iíd wager that Hit? was just one of them who had become really good at being really fast from dodging everything around him for centuries as well developing a technique to stop time to evade things and by some stroke of luck, found himself off planet. Everywhere else was far more stable and safe in comparison, so his Improvement no longer activated. Lacking any skills other than combat from an environment that can kill you in seconds, he turns to becoming an assassin and finds that stopping time for 0.1 seconds is good enough to do the job.

Soon he travels across the universe, happy that he has a job and experiencing a better life from his job in stable society. But he acquires a reputation as Hit the Infallible, his foes no longer challenge him after a while, and his skills become locked in stasis from not feeling as if he is in danger and thus needing to learn and react fast. He becomes bored without the natural stimulation that his planet provides. His mind basically transforms really fast to be the best it can possibly be, and without a reason to do so, it just settles. and the problem with learning things like that, is that when you have to learn something the slow way it can get much harder for you. I imagine that Hitfolk, while great at learning something in seconds in the right conditions are less well off at studying or practicing. You either Improve your skills in leaps and bounds or learn incredibly slowly at anything which to everyone else is just normal speed, so they don't bother.

Which might lead to interesting education methods. A Hitfolk would learn far better in chaotic high-stress situations than not, so their ideal learning environment would be making everything as fast-paced, quick reaction time and reflexes as much as possible. The best way to teach a Hitfolk the alphabet might be as fast as possible while shouting and flashing the letters before them as fast as possible or something. the best way to teach them facts might be through lightning quick pop-quizzes.

While Iím not sure what to call them, Iím sure they have a name for themselves that translates to something like ďThe AdaptersĒ or ďThe ImproversĒ or something like that. Something to signify their ability to learn incredibly fast.

As for reproduction, such a high-stress, high reaction time environment leaves one wondering how they reproduce at all. Certainly, they don't have time for the usual intercourse methods, that simply takes way too long! So I'm thinking that their reproduce asexually like cells, splitting off 3-4 childlike versions of themselves in one fast burst that lowers their PL a bit and their children use their Improvement to rapidly learn how to survive in their environment or die in less than a minute, during which time they will probably mutate in a way to differentiate themselves from their predecessor.

Thats my write up of them, tell me what you guys think of it, I'd like hear your thoughts.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    But starting at something like 80k, with transformation(s), and a list of like 20 powers would be completely ridiculous. Especially with some of the continuity that gave rise to those abilities. And while I may want to keep some of the story that happened (like being hunted down by a mafia composed of failed crane style students) I don't think my character needs to keep things like the super dodon ray or the hellzone grenade (and other powers) that were a reward for a convoluted namek quest line.
    Eh, it wouldn't be much different from some of the stuff our characters have. Some of them are from the future, after all, and one was basically a teenage Cell, so many of us have learned several canon techniques. Starlight's power level is 18,000, 180,000 with a x10 boost (basically kaio-ken), and she's one of the weaker fighters, using her brains over her brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    1. No, just stepping on Blizzans toes, but Starlight can try to figure out how to do it herself. and it less a weapon-summoning power and more like Blizzan having internalized weaponry and warfare to the point where he can form ki into any weapon he wants and use them competently as progress towards become a living avatar of warfare, but if you can come up with a way to achieve the same without doing that that is awesome or reasonable, whats stopping you?
    Oh, I know the how. You know how, in the season three premiere, Twilight was able to cast dark magic after seeing it only one time (essentially making her the Taskmaster of MLP)? Basically that, learning how from watching Blizzan. Her version would be something like this, only pink, and I'm debating if the main weapon should be an energy weapon too or a physical one.

3. So Artic, Vodkana, Starlight, Slushie all love Flake? that is weird. Where did I go so horribly wrong? Does she somehow tick the right sympathy notes? Will I have to make a comedy mini-arc where Flake is the unaware romance protagonist and all four tries to win her over? Maybe Saoma Ratame can make a second appearance and give her advice on this sort of thing.....
    Who said it was Flake that I ship Starlight with? ;)

Also, I never said Starlight was actively interested in anyone, just that I ship it. (I don't caaaare, I ship it~)

6. an organization separate from Time patrol to help organize time? So....... like a Time Militia? The Androids WILL be important members to that then. They were the time travelers who basically STARTED this Universe in the first place. I think I already have a good starting list of possible threats...
    Kinda, yeah. Though if What's-Her-Name is forming her own Earth Defense Force, they might work with that.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-03-22 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

@Igor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was actually thinking of a physical visit but I forgot you put him in Arcos. So a physical visit has to be pushed back to when RA is fighting Hailing. But Junior could visit as a spirit.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

https://ibb.co/kfjnFa

(Trombone's "ref")
    Oocly and Icly soon

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Blizzan's fleet is lucky to not be employing any sayajins, they would've totally fallen for it.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

I think Spoon tried to hire Sayians for his Chef unit. Actually, if Apfel hasn't canceled it, he should have a unit of ki using chefs. (even if very weak)

Spoiler: FF
    Show

In theory he could. Just take in mind it's special- not even the three sons were able to locate him.

Hawkflight-sama managed to confuse me, with her shippings...

Raziere- Godbound? Hmm?

Hitfolk's lore:

Spoiler
    Show

In general looks great! I see how deeply you gave thought about it!
    My only thought were to call them Damagians, and to give them names as Kill, Slay, Hack, Smash, Slash, Kick, Punch and etc.
    I am just nitpicking that, a race could be powerful, and yet not willing to make an empire- for example, the Yardats- the race who have taught Goku instant trasmission, could have easily troll all over the galaxy, with an ability which seemed to be alien even to Whis. So they are probably simply too peacful.
    But that really nitpicking.

Your theory about their learning abilites is very intresting. So in theory Hit is probably illiterate? I can't imagine Hitfolk children sitting in your sceanrio bothering to learn reading.. I doubt they would have books at all.

BUT.. when you are 1000 years old, and still not old- you can allow yourself to learn slower than others....

but beside that sound Super right.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Well, no. Hit is probably literate, given that he passed the test to get into the Champa Tournament. Its just that my theory is that he either had a lot of difficulty learning how to read, or he found a way to make it easier for him to learn through some method no human would ever consider or go through given the fast reaction times involved. just like how no sane human would willingly get beat up to become stronger like a Saiyan. Perhaps he learned how to read by setting it up so that someone called out various letters and he had to catch falling flash cards with the letters on it and bring it to them within seconds or something, who knows. Its an alien mind, so the methods are probably alien as well. Or maybe Hits race has a material that they can read from that is durable enough to survive their planets environment and they keep it sacred to pass on their teachings?

and Godbound is basically an rpg, about playing demigods of the old mythic sort, I have the deluxe version that has various stuff to emulate Exalted things, but the free core version is free on drivethrurpg.com. Its really good, its system light and you can basically play any Exalted you want with it if you can adapt the powers right. Haven't got any chance to actually play it though.

as for names, I don't know about that? Hit seems to be a name because he is a hit man and I doubt all his race has that name scheme? Though they are probably a single syllable or two at most, given their speed. though I guess it could be one name for them. whatever, while I like the idea of Hits race, I don't really have any particular ideas for making a character out of one at this point in time.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

I most defintly will check Godbound.

Oh. That sound awesome.

Hitfolk could be very varied and intresting. I was thinking about an assasian, but diffrent from Hit-he always by the side of the other assasians, mimicing them.
    Think of... 'Sharingan" instead of time leap.

Also, Hitfolk could be a badass Sensei with very extreme training methods.

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show

We have to do it, somehow, sometime.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-03-22 at 06:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Right, so here's the character I've been talking about. I'm really happy I write long posts up on notepad or in a word file, it makes referencing things and keeping character history straight so much easier.

Max Banders

Spoiler: Character Sheet for Max Banders
    Show
    Age: About 20 subjectively. Objectively he was born in Age 870, so...-400something?
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 200lb (that being mostly muscle and bone)
    Species: Human
    Station: Formerly Graduate Student of West City's Prestigious West City Tech, Now wayward time displaced youth.

Description:
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

Max is rather tall for a human, at 6'4. He has only a small amount of body fat, strong shoulders, and a solid body build. If he bulked up, he might be able to make a good showing at a Mr. Universe competition, but, alas, his muscles are not oversized. He has a fair amount of lean body mass, muscles built up from endurance training, like yoga, running, and practicing kata, rather than large muscle mass like one might get from a lot of weight training for burst power. Even so, his body type can provide a very imposing view for the average person, what with being taller and bigger than them. Of course he wears clothes, generally loose fitting pants secured with a belt, comfortable sneakers or boots, a simple t shirt of a single color, and when the weather calls for it, a trench coat. Knit gloves and hat optional. As he's gone through high school he's been growing his black hair out, and found that it has a natural wave in it, resulting in hair that ends in curls if he doesn't do anything with it. And, not wanting to be confused for a woman with his beautiful hair, he tends to use a little product to keep it spiked out, or ties it back into a poofy pontail. His eyes are a warm, inviting blue.

Personality:
    Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Max is driven by empathy, and tries to seek balance in his thinking process. If logic or reasoning doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard for understanding a problem, he'll try thinking with emotions. But he tends to default back to logic and reasoning more often than not.

History:

Spoiler: History, Wall of Text Warning
    Show
    A lot. But to be less evasive without dropping pages of detail the highlights include:
    Max is a reincarnated soul. In his most recent previous life, he had managed to make some headway on the path of enlightenment and cultivated just a little bit of light that stuck around in his soul after death. When his soul got in line for the next reincarnation cycle, this bit of light got noticed and the Celestial Bureaucracy decided to jar his soul until they finished debating what to do with it. After all, a soul with too much enlightenment in the mortal realm could cause a lot of chaos or be dangerous or something. This is where Universe 13's copy of Max's soul is, actually. For Max, however, the jar wound up broken when a young ogre on cleaning duty was busy rocking out to some sweet tunes on his walkman while he mopped. One thing lead to another, and a few air guitar power chords later and Max's soul slipped free from the broken jar and snuck it's way into line to get reincarnated before anyone noticed. And since the young ogre swept the mess up and didn't report anything so he wouldn't get in trouble...well, so far it's worked for Max.

He was born in an unhealthy branch off of Universe 7's timeline, with temporal conflict in it's future having already propagated subtle shockwaves into it's past. For his Age 870, Max was born into a world where Gohan had published a book on ki control and approaching it as a science instead of an art. The Pan Fighting Network had existed for years, and encouraged young people to learn how to fight and control their ki as a matter of course. Earth had been in public contact with New Namek for years, and Majins were a small but steadily growing part of the population. The New Crane school was still being taught by an aged Tien, and Krillen had taken to teaching the New Turtle School after retiring from the police force. All was not perfect, but at least there wasn't any Red Pants Army or any such shenanigans. At least not when Max was born.

While Max was growing up he was taught how to control his ki by his mother, a member of Earth's Space Defense Force, and had his scientific curiosity sparked and nurture by his father, a medical scientist working with Namekians to try and improve Earth's medical technologies. By the time he was 15 he was already taking some of his classes at West City's Technical University (West City Tech for short), while in other classes he was at the associated high school to help keep his social development more normal and less 'how do I talk to teenagers and children?'. It was also around this time that Max's association with the Namekians that his father was collaborating with bore fruit, as Max managed to figure out how to heal people with his ki. Which he immediately hid because he didn't want the kind of public attention that might garner. But when the team members of his high school sports teams started getting seriously injured during games and outside of them, rather more often than they should have been, Max started taking aside his classmates and healing their wounds so that they could compete fairly with the other high school teams. And that just didn't work for the guys running the numbers on those games that had gone to the trouble of breaking teenage knee caps to adjust the odds. It was around this time that some of those same mafioso noticed Max. They didn't know how he was doing it, but they noticed that he seemed to be the focal point for his classmates having miraculous recoveries. Max, however, hadn't noticed the Mafioso. He had been working on making a hand held device that would accept ki input and then adjust it so that what came out the other side would mimic the wave form and function of his healing waves. That Was going to be his science fair project for the year. That got shelved when the Mafioso gave him cement galoshes and tried to leave him sleeping with the fishes shortly before his summer break. While he survived the attempt on his life, he conspired with his father to use it to fake his death and proceeded to get in contact with Krillin, who had trained his mother in the New Turtle Style. Krillin, having a rather public school that made it a poor place for the kind of covert 'train you so you can defend yourself by the start of the new school year' plan relayed Max to his own instructor, the still living Turtle Hermit Roshi. With the requisite amount of raunchy romance novels, victoria's secret catologues, and actual 'adult magazines' in tow, Max appropriately bribed Roshi into teaching him for the summer. In the course of a few months Max worked himself into a lean, pleasant, fighting machine.

This is where his plan kind of fell apart though. Max was quite over confident in his skills when he finished Roshi's training, and on his way back home he came across some people terrorizing building with some hostages in tow. Suffice to say, while they wound up arrested by the police, no one was able to disarm the bomb in time and Max tanked it like a pro by hugging the damn thing. This was not something he survived, and without enough remains to identify his body, he wound up being an unknown hero for the town. When it came time for his judgement in otherworld, King Yemma had been so over worked with recent events going on elsewhere (some strange planet called Colors was attacking other planets and trying to establish itself as a space empire at the time) that instead of looking too closely at Max's soul, they just looked his his tally of good and evil actions and passed him on to heaven. However, while he was in line for the Heaven Plane, Max noticed SNAAAAKE WAAAAY. And after getting a basic description from one of the ogres he wandered out of line and started running it. It seemed more fun than heaven and he still hadn't quite given up on living. When Max got to the end of it, having flown most of the way to speed things up, He met King Kai. And also the ground. It sure seemed to like him, what with the gravity wanting to plant his face in it constantly. To keep this story simple, Max was the only smart person who wasn't an ass that had actually gotten to the end of snake way in...who knows how long? So when it came up that Max had died young, and still thought he could do more to help out in the living world, King Kai did him a favor. Well, other than teaching him martial arts. He did him the favor of fudging some paperwork back at the Celestial Bureaucracy. So Max was shuffled back to the mortal coil with a new life span and his death was written off as a corrected accounting error with appropriate action supposedly already taken.

After rising up out of the ground at the site where his remains had been buried...then patting the grass back into place so people could have their unknown hero grave site undisturbed, Max booked it back home. He had missed the first half of his next school year, and his parents had been worried when he had supposedly left Master Roshi's place months previously, but discretion being the better part of valor, Max went with not telling them he had actually been dead. However, his return to school did instigate a series of more serious attacks by the 'Crane Mafia', a group that had once been a regular flavor mafia until students of the crane school who had failed on a moral level and been expelled kept swelling the mafia's ranks. It was at this time that Max started wearing a mask while he fought, and proceeded to fight the Crane Mafia in a number of very public battles that gradually resulted in the deaths of the Crane Mafia's strongest fighters. Not the least of which was a cyborged up assassin that had been enhanced with black market Red Ribbon tech that Max had to tear the power core out of to get him to stop.

It was after these very public battles, and helping to clean up after them, that Max got into a partnership with Capsule Corp. He would be their front man, defender of West City, and they would help him navigate the realm of not getting sued for killing a crap load of mafioso. His life settled down for a bit after that. He was called in by King Kai to participate in an Otherworld Rookie Tournament, which he managed to win by the skin of his teeth. After that tournament he was summoned to train for a bit with the Old Kai, but that training was more an excuse for the Old Kai to weasel some of the same kinds of gifts that Max had given to Roshi out of him. It was less 'intense training' and more 'old kai screwing around with a mortal to get some kicks'. Max wound up with some fancy Otherworld duds out of it, and supposedly the old man had unlocked his ki to it's maximum potential. What he had actually done was force Max to put up with a series of inane tasks to put the young man through an emotional crucible to help him grow his patience and compassion. But of course he didn't tell Max that. Where's the fun in that?

The Colors War that had been raging in space and generally outside of Earth's media presence, apparently came to an end. Resolved by other people. With things apparently safe, Capsule Corp arranged for Max to go on a tour of some known planets that hadn't had official first contact envoys sent. He had built up a reputation for being a swell guy and for his part he got to count the trip for college credit. On that Capsule Corp ship Max swung by Namek first to deliver a collection of capsules to help with moderating New Namek's climate. While there, he played a small part in helping the Namekians resolve an attempted coup against the elder. To which he recieved a head pat. I mean, there was a little potential unlocking there, but it was mostly a head pat. The next stop was Yardat, a place that Capsule Corp hadn't sent a probe to yet, but had some vague idea of where it was from files that had recently declassified themselves on the CC mainframe. While there, the Yardats were friendly and taught Max the Instant Transmission in exchange for sharing some of his Earth foodstuffs with them and giving them a copy of an earth music database. There was much rejoicing as the rock flowed. The last trip on his list was easily the most dangerous. New Vegeta, estalished by a partially wished back saiyan race, had become some kind of ridiculous world of neverending coups. Saiyans would wander around in packs, victimizing eachother and engaging in combat over the littlest of things. Some would even hit super saiyan and do great combat for who would be king. You know, at least for a week or something. While there, Max helped get some of the overtaxed rejuvenator's back online, had a brief romance with a saiyan woman around his own age, and helped to set her up as king before he left. One of the oddities in his particular branch of the universe 7 timeline being that super saiyan was only about a x2 boost...and saiyans seemed to have a lot easier time accessing it. That would be the reason that kaioken kept Max pretty on par with the threats he was facing. In the end, the new saiyan King decided that if she couldn't keep Max, she could at least give him a boon and move on. Which is how he wound up with the ship he tried to fly home.

Max took a few days to modify his ship and get it in working order. And given how much of a junker it was, that was more of a 'in working order long enough to get home so I can really fix it' than a 'in proper working order'. With a wild hair of an urge, Max decided to make a practical test of his doctoral theory and modified the aging hyperlight engine of his newly acquired Arcosian Cruiser. He was going to call it a 'Max Drive', but felt that might be giving people a false impression if his theory didn't pan out. On the bright side, his theory did pan out, and Max's ship successfully exited the universal space of his branch off universe 7's timeline. Unfortunately, the Colors War kicked up into full swing while he had been on New Vegeta, and General White's powers did not interact well with CC brand teleporters that were being used to reinforce a first strike initiative against the planet Colors. By which I mean time basically exploded and his entire branch off universe 7 shriveled up and ceased to be. His ship, still aiming to land at 'Earth' wound up expending it's fuel to get him to An Earth...in Universe 13.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler: Story so far
    Show

He's going to be landing at Earth.

Abilities:

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Power level: 80k
    Power Level on Scouters: usually registers as 5. Obviously if he's in combat this varies.

Due to misadventures in his originating timeline, Max learned or developed a number of techniques:
    Ki Control: adjusting his power level and manipulating his energy on a microscopic scale. Learned from a lifetime of private study and experimentation. This is why his power level reading regularly registers as 5.

Healing Waves: Based on studied namekian techniques for healing, Max worked out his own technique based on ki to heal injuries and supply the target body with the necessary energy and materiel to rebuild itself rapidly. Also works against most diseases, though it tends to only put cancers into remission.

Ki Sensing/ 'Scrying': Coming along with Ki Control of that level, Max is particularly adept at sensing ki. To the point that if he sits down and concentrates, he can use his imagination to rebuild the ki's he's sensing into bodily shapes and get a pretty good idea of what's going on. Doesn't do sound though, and the color is meh, so it's not as good as TV. It also just doesn't work on things he can't sense...like androids.

Kamehameha: the old reliable, learned at the New Turtle School

Dodon Ray (Dodompa): a two finger beam with heat properties, learned from being attacked with it repeatedly.

Ki Shield: You'd come up with a way to block ki attacks if you got shot with this many Dodon Rays too. Max can extend his Ki Shield to cover other people and objects as well, but if he makes it much bigger than a small house, it weakens the shield.

Multi-Form: Learned from a scroll obtained by saving a rich person from yet more Crane Mafia. Splits your power level between you and your energy copies. Normally splits your power level evenly between copies, Max has worked with the technique enough to be able to adjust how much power breaks off into each split. Max's maximum is 5 splits (that is, himself and 4 energy copies).

Inner Light: Max has been working on walking the path of enlightenment since before he was born...this time. He has had at least one previous life, and while he doesn't consciously remember any of the details of his past life(ves) he was one of those kids that adults woul look at and say 'oh, he has an old soul'. Because he does. In point of fact, his soul in the year that universe 13 is in is currently on a shelf in otherworld pending paperwork on whether it will be allowed to reincarnate another time or not. The end result is that Max can develop techniques with a holy bent to them that is normally reserved strictly for gods. So far, he only has the one technique that this applies to.

Sacred Beam: a Max Banders original, though from a distance it is visually similar to a Gallic Gun. Max emanates a sphere of hostile white ki around his body before releasing it as a beam in any given direction. It can be fired from a bear hugging position, and since the ki involved is holy flavored, it tends to wreck demons and those with polluted ki. However, it Is a compelling reason for Max to not go evil. Because if he did, then used the technique, he would knock himself out of the technique by setting himself on fire. It also has a tendency to leave places with a sacred cleanliness and a light minty smell that lingers for a little while. It is also ill suited to damaging anything that isn't evil...like rocks, clothing, and innocents. By which I mean it passes by them, maybe cleans them up and leaves them with some cleanliness sparkles for a little bit.

Instant Transmission- Obtained by training on Yardat while in space to get in contact with other planets and spread good will.

Kaioken- obtained by training with king kai while he was dead. Tends to stick to x2 because he's mostly used to it, though he could probably handle x10 for a bit he wouldn't be happy.

Genki Dama- also obtained by training with king kai while he was dead.

Creation- I guess it's called Magic Materialization around here. Same general concept, forging matter from ki. He's still not very good at food yet, but he's usually using it to make clothing, simple tools, or electronic parts to be assembled into larger things or replace broken bits. His focus is more small scale precision than large scale mass production. So, create some power ranger outfits for his split forms? sure. Create a mountain? not so much, definately not all at once. Maybe if you gave him a while. Obtained by winning the rookie otherworld tournament while representing North Galaxy.

Flight- Something that like, 90% of humans knew how to do by the time Max was born. Practically a rite of passage in the same way that learning to drive a car used to be.

Genius level intelligence and a Doctorate to boot- Max was born smart, a child to a medical scientist and a member of earth's space defense forces, and he not only had a full public education, but devoured his way through a college education. He was just about done with his doctoral thesis and ready for submission when he got back to earth when his branch off universe 7 decided to give up. If someone uses a technique against him often enough (like, really obnoxiously often enough) he can eventually figure it out.

Earth Martial Arts: While he isn't a perfect practitioner of any one style, Max memorized the movements associated with every martial arts style he could be exposed to as a child. This isn't so much a power as a statement that he knows kung fu...and tai chi...and karate, and so on. If it's from space/not earth it's probably new to him.

Touch Telekinesis- Like regular telekinesis, but he has to touch things to use it. This is generally how Max achieves superhuman levels of strength, instead of directly empowering his muscles with ki. Same basic end result, but sometimes it makes physics behave different. This is something he does on a subconscious level, rather than something that he could teach or learned.

Telepathy- Part of the whole 'ask the universe for energy' thing. If Max can sense the target's ki, he can use that to open up a bridge for telepathic contact between them. More like a chat or voice chat than a direct link of thoughts, there isn't any involuntary mind reading involved.

Other information:

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    Max owns a cruiser sized space ship that was junk when the saiyans he obtained it from got it, and was slightly worse junk when they gave it to him. Built in Age 700, it was at one time an Arcosian Cruiser, built to ferry moderate amounts of personell and equipment around without having a huge crew requirement. With 190 years of existing under it'se belt, it's seen better days. Even with the maintenance Max did before trying to fly it home, it still needs more maintenance. Technically speaking, it's still a ship from the future with future technology on it. But it's in really rough shape. The cruiser also has 6 'old' scouters, battle suits, and arm blasters on it.

Max owns a box of capsules that he keeps a portable house, some storage container capsules, and the ship he was assigned by Capsule Corp to explore the galaxy with and use to make contact with some of the more wayward (by earth standards) species with. The capsule corp ship is much like the ones Goku and Vegeta utilized in their own space shenanigans, with a gravity chamber, living space, and muffin button. Max's has a neglected cappacino machine and a fridge full of beer he's never going to drink. It's also where he keeps outfits from everyone he has trained under.

Max has a red ribbon cyborg power core that he ripped out of an assassin that was trying to kill him. If installed properly, it could enhance someone up to about 10,000 bp equivalent.

Edits: some were done for formatting, and I had forgotten that Using the spirit bomb does tend to involve a bit of telepathy, and I noticed that I had forgotten touch telekinesis on the list.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-03-22 at 09:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool. Do you have any questions about any of the characters or setting?

Also, I'm planning on having one of my characters (Doctor Whooves in disguise) approach the various "temporally-displaced" characters at the tournament, would you like to be the first one he approaches? Give you a chance to get introduced to the RP without disrupting the others?

EDIT: He might not be in disguise, I haven't decided yet.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-03-22 at 10:10 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #529

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, since most of the heavy hitters are off earth or at a tournament, they might not even notice Max landing. What with...not necessarily having any kind of detection systems in place. The Red Pants Army seems the most likely to be setting up a detection system that might go 'hey wait, there's a ship at earth' but given that they're backing stuff up at Talsaiga, they might not have any resources to devote to investigating.

So to be clear: yeah, no problem with Doctor Whooves approaching him, in disguise or not. Max will react either way, but once he's on the ground he's probably going to be putting a camo tarp over his ship and sitting down to extend his senses far enough to try and telepathy King Kai about why he isn't sensing like...anyone he knows on Earth.

Edit: Oh, wow, it took like an hour to write that up. I forgot how much fun it was to describe stuff in writing. ^^
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-03-23 at 12:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, since most of the heavy hitters are off earth or at a tournament, they might not even notice Max landing. What with...not necessarily having any kind of detection systems in place. The Red Pants Army seems the most likely to be setting up a detection system that might go 'hey wait, there's a ship at earth' but given that they're backing stuff up at Talsaiga, they might not have any resources to devote to investigating.

So to be clear: yeah, no problem with Doctor Whooves approaching him, in disguise or not. Max will react either way, but once he's on the ground he's probably going to be putting a camo tarp over his ship and sitting down to extend his senses far enough to try and telepathy King Kai about why he isn't sensing like...anyone he knows on Earth.

Edit: Oh, wow, it took like an hour to write that up. I forgot how much fun it was to describe stuff in writing. ^^
    *facehoof* I keep getting you mixed up with Fine Dining Set. >_<;;
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #531

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    *facehoof* I keep getting you mixed up with Fine Dining Set. >_<;;
    That's okay, it will become a lot easier as we both start posting more as our rather different characters.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

@Sagetim: Not everyone of the Red Planet Army is on Talsaiga. For example, one of them is in the tournament and can distinquish a spaceship entering the atmosphere from a falling star.

@Ing: do you want to write Apfel's reaction to C-II's message before I move on?

23. - Top - End - #533

RedWizardGuy

@Sagetim: Not everyone of the Red Planet Army is on Talsaiga. For example, one of them is in the tournament and can distinquish a spaceship entering the atmosphere from a falling star.

@Ing: do you want to write Apfel's reaction to C-II's message before I move on?
    Well, there you go then. Somehow, despite having read their combat round for the tournament, I just forgot that the Red Army had a horse in that race. I was more concerned that Apfel? Flake? Someone had maybe perhaps left an arcosian sniping pair sitting on earth to shoot down hostile interlopers or something. I probably should have asked what happened with them before I posted. >.>;

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Well, there you go then. Somehow, despite having read their combat round for the tournament, I just forgot that the Red Army had a horse in that race. I was more concerned that Apfel? Flake? Someone had maybe perhaps left an arcosian sniping pair sitting on earth to shoot down hostile interlopers or something. I probably should have asked what happened with them before I posted. >.>;
    Those two are on Talsaiga as well, they've probably landed the ship they were attacking and are routing or killing the other Blizzan forces at this point? they were apart of the Sailor squad, so they wouldn't be there when they could be protecting Apfel.

I think the two your talking about are.....Sailor Yakara and Sailor Cirra, Yakara for her sensing abilities and Cirra for her ki blast capabilities, Vantarine and Torgas are too melee-focused.

I should really make OOTS pcitures for the Sailor Squad. I'm gonna go find photos of lobsters, I need those to accurately portray Sailor Torgas.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

25. - Top - End - #535

RedWizardGuy

Those two are on Talsaiga as well, they've probably landed the ship they were attacking and are routing or killing the other Blizzan forces at this point? they were apart of the Sailor squad, so they wouldn't be there when they could be protecting Apfel.

I think the two your talking about are.....Sailor Yakara and Sailor Cirra, Yakara for her sensing abilities and Cirra for her ki blast capabilities, Vantarine and Torgas are too melee-focused.

I should really make OOTS pcitures for the Sailor Squad. I'm gonna go find photos of lobsters, I need those to accurately portray Sailor Torgas.
    Yeah, that sounds like the two I was thinking about. I just couldn't remember if they had gone to Talsaiga or if they were hanging out on earth planning to shoot people down until given a stand down order.

And of course, if Max is going to show up somewhere unannounced, he should probably do so in a style appropriate to the time period instead of in a fully body space suit with the Capsule Corp logo plastered on it.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

For the record, intercepting ships is right down Red Planet Army's alley, they just can't do to ships that use technology unknown to them.

Which raises a question actually..

@Emperor Ing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When is Hailing's visit to Earth supposed to happen? Because as soon as C-II and Junior get back to Mars, they're going to begin building a system which would stop Arcosian spaceships in the Kuiper belt.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: On Hailing's Arrival:
    Show

Yeah can we talk about that to, Ing? cause 23's first reaction to Hailing arriving is to hold onto the Guardian position LONGER, try to send Starlight to get the Dragon Balls and put them in Equestria to protect her AND make sure there is someone off world who can wish them all back if Hailing blows up the planet while at the same time denying the Dragon Balls to Hailing, then try to lie to him as much as possible while still being the Guardian until he leaves, assuming he arrives immediately after Talsaiga Arc.

While Yankar's reaction will be to immediately try to challenge Hailing to a one on one duel just because Hailing would be a challenge to him because he would sense that he is at Freeza levels of strength. That is like "foe to beat to prove that you can walk among people like Goku as one of the greatest fighters ever." kind of bait for him. There is no way he won't try no matter how insane it is. The only bigger bait you could dangle in front of him would be a super-saiyan arriving. So we'll have to figure out how to keep that from spiraling things out of control.

And at this point, there is no one that can stand up to freeza levels of power, not truly. and you know how bad our characters been about responding to atrocities and injustices in the past. So can we like, be super-double-extra careful NOT to have a fight break out with Hailing, please?
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hailing's visit
    Show

Crushing defeat is sometimes a great motivation.
    I can offer idea or two how to do it, without us dieing already.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

@Raziere:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yankar and the tournament goers are within RPA's power to stop. So if they want a fight, they have a fight without Hailing ever noticing. Luxana can prolly be convinced to not fight or be off-planet for the visit by Shanakan. The RA doesn't have to be on Earth at the same time at all. Without the usual suspects present, Earth's just an uninteresting backwater planet, with it being completely implausible that the RA could actually be from there.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

@Raziere:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yankar and the tournament goers are within RPA's power to stop. So if they want a fight, they have a fight without Hailing ever noticing. Luxana can prolly be convinced to not fight or be off-planet for the visit by Shanakan. The RA doesn't have to be on Earth at the same time at all. Without the usual suspects present, Earth's just an uninteresting backwater planet, with it being completely implausible that the RA could actually be from there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thats the thing: We don't know WHEN he is coming, thats why I'm asking for more details and to work this out, because if he plans for Hailing to come at the same time, that plan doesn't work.

Though I guess if Hailing' ship is faster and more advanced than the RA's and departs earlier, its not implausible that he could investigate and get absolutely nothing of interest by getting there too early. I'd be less worried about the tournament goers and more worried about whether Hailing will consider the Red Planet Army a problem enough for him to wipe them out though.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew