Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

So I had a random thought i'm surprised hadn't occurred to me...

What do you guys think about chemical regenerative treatment being actively available technology in space? The concept is pretty simple, through the use of advanced space-medicine, they can restore a person's vitality, regenerating a person's youth. It's not an unlimited life-span, but in Elite: Dangerous, it can allow a human to live well past 150, and in Warhammer 40k it can allow someone to live past 400. It can function decently enough in canon, namely how Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria don't age a day from when Frieza destroys Planet Vegeta to the Namek Saga.

edit: Hmm, but then again it could mean that Hailing might very well hold control of the galaxy for another few centuries unless I ret-con him to be much older than previously stated, same with Apfel, hmm...
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-04-18 at 12:11 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Well, don't forget that the technology wouldn't necessarily be as advanced as it is later (in Freeza's time), so it might not be as viable for Hailing, where it makes more sense for later villains and what have you.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Actually I like this idea.Ing. Maybe it's even Jalo's work. (at least at other dimensions)
    in the Resucation of F, they ate using something like that on Freeza. I think?

Hmm ... Hailing taking over Earth? Actually sound intresting.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-04-18 at 02:17 AM.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Eh.

I was just hoping for some relaxation on earth actually. We keep the Hailing pressure on this too much and its like, when we will have time to properly train? I kind of wanted to set up a few things with Android 23 talking with a few people on Earth, with people in general about transferring the Guardian position, about the technological progression of Earth and what 23's thoughts on it, 23 talking with Shanakan about a thing, Tarasai talking with 23 about a thing, and I don't see taking the time to do any of that if there Arcosian Soldiers are around. The more the dangerous you make things, the more 23 is going to hold onto that Guardian position out of the belief that she needs to keep things from falling apart, the more paranoid she'll be, things like that.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

@Ing: I think chemically prolonged life could still be out-of-reach for the galactic civilization. It might even be other way around: chemical healing vats exist and are used for treating injuries, but so far they actually shorten the lifespan because they wear out the body's cells prematurely.

Artic could actually be the person to "fix" this "bug", as he has drank from the fountain of eternal youth.

EDIT:oh yeah, I'm waiting for the tournament to progress. It was... Tigra versus Masala now?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-04-18 at 02:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    EDIT:oh yeah, I'm waiting for the tournament to progress. It was... Tigra versus Masala now?
    No, its Nesuto Vs. Tigra.

Hawkflight, why are not responding to that? I'm kind of waiting and your just focusing on Starlight.

Edit: All else I'll say on the whole "Hailing ties to take over" thing is that the only person of reason left in the Tournament is Shanakan, and I'm pretty sure he can't stop Luxana, Yankar AND Masala from all attacking Hailing for their own reasons if they try. The funny thing that oddly enough none of them are technically apart of the Rebel Alliance, so Hailing basically would be just ticking off people who just want to defend the planet and not specifically trying to kill him, which he arguably already is. His own methods of being smart about these things by jumping on the slightest of suspicions and blowing up planets for posing any minuscule threat to him is just making him more enemies like most tyrants efforts often do.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-04-18 at 04:21 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fairly sure Hailin understands the futility of trying to "take over" a primitive world without mass media to propagate the message or the structure to actually rule it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed, its very likely that the closest thing to news that will reach outside the tournament of any of this will be a bunch of rumors about Lucifer and his scandalous child out of wedlock, and maybe a few people getting hanged for heresy of claiming that neither the earth or the sun are the center of the universe.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Eh.

I was just hoping for some relaxation on earth actually. We keep the Hailing pressure on this too much and its like, when we will have time to properly train? I kind of wanted to set up a few things with Android 23 talking with a few people on Earth, with people in general about transferring the Guardian position, about the technological progression of Earth and what 23's thoughts on it, 23 talking with Shanakan about a thing, Tarasai talking with 23 about a thing, and I don't see taking the time to do any of that if there Arcosian Soldiers are around. The more the dangerous you make things, the more 23 is going to hold onto that Guardian position out of the belief that she needs to keep things from falling apart, the more paranoid she'll be, things like that.
    Fair enough, just an idea I thought I'd propose.

No, its Nesuto Vs. Tigra.

Hawkflight, why are not responding to that? I'm kind of waiting and your just focusing on Starlight.
    Mostly because I'm trying to remember who Nesuto actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Nesutu is Naruto.

11. - Top - End - #911

Kinda ironic how a primitive civilization is the hardest one to conquer. The only thing that can stop an army of Homeworlders is Logistics

Also, Frozen_Feet, why do you keep spelling his name as 'Hailin?'

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

I forgot whether that g was supposed to be there or not and started omitting it at some point, I suppose.

13. - Top - End - #913

@Ing: I think chemically prolonged life could still be out-of-reach for the galactic civilization. It might even be other way around: chemical healing vats exist and are used for treating injuries, but so far they actually shorten the lifespan because they wear out the body's cells prematurely.
    I like this idea. Artic will likely utilize synthesized Senzu Bean enzymes to create a more reliable means of healing. He'll be rich!

As for Hailing taking over Earth, I have thought about it a bit and I imagine it'll go something like this:

Hailing's Guard sends ambassadors to all the nations of the world. Ambassadors being a pair of Royal Guard who deliver an ultimatum: Submit to the Empire or be destroyed. With some allowance for resistance because they have no idea that Homeworld Arcosians are walking Persons of Mass Destruction. Once they submit, well, it goes back to business as usual with Hailing doing nothing to enforce his rule anywhere on Earth except wherever it's immediately convenient for him at the time.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I like this idea. Artic will likely utilize synthesized Senzu Bean enzymes to create a more reliable means of healing. He'll be rich!

As for Hailing taking over Earth, I have thought about it a bit and I imagine it'll go something like this:

Hailing's Guard sends ambassadors to all the nations of the world. Ambassadors being a pair of Royal Guard who deliver an ultimatum: Submit to the Empire or be destroyed. With some allowance for resistance because they have no idea that Homeworld Arcosians are walking Persons of Mass Destruction. Once they submit, well, it goes back to business as usual with Hailing doing nothing to enforce his rule anywhere on Earth except wherever it's immediately convenient for him at the time.
    Hmm, I guess that would motivate Fenrir use his armies again and help creating the Earth Guard Unit.. even if they will terribly fail.

15. - Top - End - #915

He might not need to worry, as the idea is that Hailing becomes the ruler of Earth in name only. Sorta.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    He might not need to worry, as the idea is that Hailing becomes the ruler of Earth in name only. Sorta.
    Fenrir doesnt have to know their power levels, and he barely undsrstand the concept of aliens- he is a scholar, but those are quite crazy idea for such age.
    He has few tricks... and alongside Shanakhan and the others, they might be a problem...
    he wish to protect all earthlings- Humans and beastmen alike- and some alien conqurer isn't something he will tolerate. Even he dies, that ok- he has children, so the dynasty will survive until King Furry...

Also, I am considering making a new character- a shapeshifter (like Puar... but stronger and yada yada). Maybe the principal of the Shapeshifter School.
    I believe he also could be fun for gurriela scenario.

And also, .... Lucifer.

Hawk- about Trombonlings- maybe Desert steal changling eggs and curropting them into anti ki? This is the most basic technique of the Cross Clan. Eggs can't resist, so it should be easy- it might also work as vengance.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

@Ing: it's a decent plan. The hard part is finding out how many nations there are on Earth, because there's no convenient list on Spacepedia.

18. - Top - End - #918

They use InfoGalactic.

Really, they'll do a planetary scan, find the biggest castles, and send 'ambassadors' to them.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

I guess, it might be funny to roleplay how The Black Sultan trying to sacrafice black goats to Arcosians..

any objections for a shapeshifter Master character?

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

@Ing: it's a decent plan. The hard part is finding out how many nations there are on Earth, because there's no convenient list on Spacepedia.
    I'll just say that for right now, there are at least kings for North, South, East and West City and their nations, treat their actions completely comedically, and add anything else as a one time joke, because Earth shouldn't be set in stone, but rather be whatever is needed for ADVENTURE to take place, even if you conquer the entire thing. After all, the entirety of Goku's original adventure took place entirely under King Furry's rule even when there were flying cars, magical clouds, futuristic cities, strange supernatural places of magical power, Penguin Village, and so on and despite it all King Furry never really mattered as a character, Yamcha was probably more useful than him, because at least Yamcha was there to take hits and die instead of innocent civilians. Yamcha took out a Saibamen by dying, thats more than you can say for King Furry.

But then again somehow King Furry somehow doesn't age much like Dr. Briefs and Mrs. Briefs, and somehow his entire rule keeps the Earth happy, healthy and peaceful outside of Ki shenanigans and the Red Ribbon army. But then again Capsule Corp canonically controlled 40% of the worlds automobile industry in early Dragon Ball, Capsule Corp invented the Capsules that everyone uses, the Dragon Radar that they use to find the most powerful artifacts in the Universe, and has the two most powerful saiyans to ever exist on speed dial, with added bribing of the God of Destruction and his attendant that has proven successful. I think its entirely possible Bulma is the TRUE ruler of Earth guys.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

So, is Tigra not facing Lucifer then....?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Yup. Igor just decided that Lucifer jumped out of the ring to go live with Lilith. and rules are rules, you do that, you lose. Sorry.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Well, unlike our game the canon dragon ball dont so politics.
    I have created Fenrir, assuming that Furry's ancestor had to be a hero. (there are pictures of blue dog kings before him).

Well, I think Bulma COULD rule earth, but it doesnt seem to be her thing- anyway she can get people do what she want to, why playing with boring beraucracy?

About Lucifer-
    I thought it was what the crowd wanted? To prevent things from getting too silly?
    And beside- it's his luck- to avoid fighting Hailing..

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

No......Hailing is SUPPOSED to be goofy? and you were supposed to win despite the odds, the Juggernaut was supposed to lose by some technicality, and you were supposed to face Tigra.

as for his luck, I don't think you've actually avoided it, there is still the exhibition match, which has nothing to do with the tournament at all? and its not as if Hailing can't just find you wherever he is if he really wants it. there is NOTHING on Earth that can actually stop him aside from his own decisions.

Edit: Random Idea:
    Different kinds of tournaments, 1v1 Classic for the Budokai is cool but maybe we can have a duo-partner tournament where Fusion is an allowed tactic someday.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-04-19 at 01:56 PM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe I am paranoid, but I always get a feeling that most of my characters annoy the hell out of everyone In OOC way.

As for Hailing conquring Earth- maybe this is perfect time to establish the earth guardians: as Ing/Apfel said- to conqure a planet (rather than destroying it) it need more than just powerful warriors.

Even at Super, we have seen a resistance group survive... and our Earth Guardians are much stronger...

as for tournament- Well, if we ever do the Vodkana Tournament it might fit there- maybe even as 4 vs 4 since there will be so many opponets.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Apparently not. The idea mutated somewhere, from Lucifer winning the tournament, to Lilith kidnapping Lucifer in the middle of it, to Lucifer throwing the fight to become a family man. And also using it as a way to excuse himself of the exhibition match against Hailing.

Was there something specific supposed to happen between Tigra and Lucifer?

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Maybe I am paranoid, but I always get a feeling that most of my characters annoy the hell out of everyone In OOC way.
    Thats really only a problem that can be solved with experience. I remember years ago when people thought that my characters were annoying and stupid in one of the first online roleplays I tried. Thing is, it was a much worse roleplay than this, so my character didn't get ignored so much as killed repeatedly in the PvP-multi crossover mess of a roleplay it was. And most people weren't sympathetic to me, they just basically said "git gud" in ways that made them sound smarter with lots of words. y'know how got through with that? there were some people that saw more in me than that and encouraged me to get better, to keep trying. So keep trying. I there is a friend I know, used to misspell everything in his posts, not really good, but I could tell is real intelligent, but with some work, some being his friend and years later? Now he is making roleplay posts longer than mine and roleplaying in ways even I consider beyond my abilities. Though to be fair he did say he had been roleplaying on a forum that enforces things like minimum word count and spelling everything correctly so that your posts are sufficiently long. Maybe if you try such limitations, challenge yourself, you could do the same?

So long as you be patient, work to improve your flaws, consider what other people might want in their roleplaying and how your character might respond to help THAT character's story while not trampling on your own- which is a tricky thing to balance, the Androids are actually designed with this balance in mind- their entire thing is that they're supposed to interact with other people and try to help them through a sympathetic relate-able lens.

point is, we've all been there I'm guessing. the key is keep trying.

Edit: yeah, the original idea of the tournament and Tigra joining it was so that Tigra would face Lucifer in some match over some insult or whatever. that kind of got lost amidst various other things and then suddenly Hailing showed up and now the Tournament is basically nothing but a distraction for Hailing while everyone tries to figure out the situation.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-04-19 at 02:57 PM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

They really don't. In fact, I quite enjoy them. For example, Lucifer infuriates Tigra IC, but OOC I love the idea. Tigra hates his guts because he wins through sheer luck, and that insults her on a very personal level because she trained long and hard to get where she is now. The idea of someone being able to accomplish such feats through sheer luck alone goes against her core ideals - work hard, play harder, and there's no foe you cannot beat, but you have to work for it.

IC, Tigra hates his guts. OOC, I love love love the delicious, tasty drama. Pairs well with a nice Szigeti Brut Rosť*.

*You have no idea how much work I put into finding the perfect wine for that joke.

You need to work on that self-confidence, girl! (Or guy, I forget. )

Apparently not. The idea mutated somewhere, from Lucifer winning the tournament, to Lilith kidnapping Lucifer in the middle of it, to Lucifer throwing the fight to become a family man. And also using it as a way to excuse himself of the exhibition match against Hailing.

Was there something specific supposed to happen between Tigra and Lucifer?
    Eh, kind of? Mostly character development. Tigra was going to cast aside her scissor blades for the match, remarking something like, "I know your style. You rely on luck, so I'll probably trip over my own blade. No, I'm leaving nothing to chance." And going on about how his reliance on luck is an insult to martial artists everywhere, who train for years or even decades, and how he could even be legitimately good if he put a modicum of effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a friend I know, used to misspell everything in his posts, not really good, but I could tell is real intelligent, but with some work, some being his friend and years later? Now he is making roleplay posts longer than mine and roleplaying in ways even I consider beyond my abilities. Though to be fair he did say he had been roleplaying on a forum that enforces things like minimum word count and spelling everything correctly so that your posts are sufficiently long. Maybe if you try such limitations, challenge yourself, you could do the same?
    On the other side of the spectrum, it's easy to get discouraged and not posts if you set yourself too many 'requirements'. I used to be a real perfectionist when it comes to my RPing, but I quickly began to realize that I was neglecting to post so often that it annoyed people - heck, it still happens. Just look at the Land of the Six Kingdoms game and my attempt at DMing it. I put too much pressure on myself to be perfect, and in the end just didn't post for weeks at a time, and that just caused a bunch of problems.

So if you do set yourself challenges, try not to be too harsh on yourself.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-19 at 03:15 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Ah.. thank you.
    And sorry..
    I'll try..
    about Lucifer, I guess Tigra could hunt him down wherever he is?

- - - Updated - - -

Shippu
    Spoiler
    Show

Gender:Male most of the time. But he can be whatever he want
    Height: 1 meter
    Weight:
    Species: Cat Shapeshifter
    Station: Principal of the Shapeshifter School

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

Base form
    always seen with his pipe.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shippu might seems cold, and strict. But actually he is very fatherly and caring. He also craving to understand people from all forms, species and cultures- this crave is fuel his magical ability to become anyone, or make others as well. Also protecting his students and innocents if he can, are part of his motivation.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shippu is the greatest Shapeshifter ever lived on Earth. Rumors tell about a demonic heritage- Shippu neither approve or deny it. He lived amond nomads, learning to know diffrent nations, and when he gotten accepted to the Shapeshifting School... his dream came true- he soon has learned how to become anyone, and help everyone to turn into anyone they have wanted to be. soon enough, he has became the youngest principal. For time to time, he travel under other form to learn and teach the world- but beside that, he prefer smoking quietly in his office.
    Unless.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nada.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Power Level: 2400

Ki sense
    Legendary Self Shapeshifting Shippu has mastered his shapefhiting to the point, he can turn into an inanimate things, beside living things- also it's hard for him, but he can turn into immaterial beings as ghosts. Also, if he change into other specie, he gain their racial abilities.

Skill copying Shippu can change into someone specific and copy his skills- but not the power to back them up. The skills remains only at the transformed form. In order to work perfectly, he either has to know the target well enough, or get piece of him.

Invisibility

Shapeshifting Others He also may shapeshift others to animals, people or even tuna cans. Or anything.

Smoke Manipulation Using the smoke from his pipe, he can manipulate it with various ways, illusions for exmaple. Even ki attacks.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

None.

What do you think?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-04-19 at 06:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Personality: Shippu might seems cold, and strict. But actually he is very fatherly and caring. He also craving to understand people from all forms, species and cultures - this crave is fuel his magical ability to become anyone, or make others as well.
    Hmmm, he might be intrigued to meet Starlight then, her being a rare quadruped and all.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show