Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 91
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Durzan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Day 56 — 2 Months Into Your Training with Bairn


    You wake up to the familar sound of a loud buzzing in your ear. You try to ignore it, but the buzz is extremely persistent. Groggily, you open your eyes and look around, wondering where the buzzing paper was. Your eyes land on the dresser, where the vibrating message from Bairn was. It had been startling at first, but as soon as realized it was routine, you had quickly gotten used to it. The paper was basically an alarm clock. You grab the paper and open it, relieved to finally have the buzzing stop.


    Little One,


    Today is your first official day of learning how to how to use your Spark. Meet up with your colleagues in the main dining room downstairs and have some breakfast. Make sure to fill yourselves up, you will need it. Your Spark uses a lot of energy when you are first learning how to cast. When all of you are done eating and catching up with each other, meet me out in the Eastern courtyard at no later than 8:30 AM. Be sure to bring your Training Shadow, and your Focus. We will warm up with a few training sessions with your Shadows, and then proceed to learning magic! Some of you have already figured out how to cast a few minor spells, that is good… but be careful… casting spells without the proper training is extremely dangerous.


    -Bairn


    Huh. The note was shorter than usual. You glance around your room, noting the dragon roost, the dresser, the human bed, and the washing room. Glancing at the clock, you see that it is 7 AM. You are feeling a bit grungy, so maybe you should wash yourself up first before heading downstairs. Your grab some clothes and a towel from the dresser and go into the washroom to clean yourself up.

    (I would add more detail, but I am in a hurry right now, and I am sure you guys are anxious to get started.)
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

    When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    A fit, dark-haired man in deep blue clothing seems to almost materialize from nowhere, emerging soundlessly from the darkened stairway. Glancing around, Gregor notes that he appears to be the first one here. Shrugging a little, he sits down at the table and begins helping himself. As he eats breakfast in silence, he pulls a small wooden box full of gears from somewhere and begins idly tinkering with it.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Now mostly awake, Yi grumbles before going and washing his face. As he heads downstairs, he pulls on his pants, as well as his gauntlet and bracer, absently forgetting about shoes and shirt. He moves to the table and slumps down into the chair, it creaking as it takes his weight. Leaning back, he rests his legs on the corner of the table, and begins grazing through the food at the table. Still eating, he begins speaking to Gregor.

    "Watcha doin' there shorty? Metal isn't a breakfast food. Or are you one of them weirdlings that eats metal?"

    Yi continues to eat, caring little about what he is eating, completely ignoring any form of utensils. Yi's muscle ripple as he tears a loaf of bread in half before downing the entire thing in four bites.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ilena's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Aurora grumbles as she wakes up to the damn buzzing. I really hate that thing .... but she summons a quick gust of wind to bring it closer to her and using her talon to rip it open. In the months of being here she has gotten used to doing this without damaging things. Groaning again after reading it she rolls onto her back and closes her eyes. I hate mornings .... why does he have to force us to wake up so early? UGH.

    A big toothy yawn soon follows as she decides to get up, crawling into her bath, using her breath to heat it for nice warmth to it. Drix showed her how nice those can be. A twinge of sadness passes through her heart, she misses him but he has things to do just as she does. Hopefully though they will be together again soon. After her bath, Aurora climbs out and shifts to human, toweling off the water, from the note they arnt going into town so its pants and tunic today, no dress. She looks to her wardrobe, over the last few months shes taken a fancy to nice looking clothes. The necklace Drix gave to her rests on her chest, a beautiful green emerald with a silver chain and dragon claw holding it. It has a minor enchantment that when she shifts it inbeds itself to her chest.

    Finishing her morning routine and bringing her shadow she heads down to the kitchens, "Morning." She says to the others who are already there, and sits down at the table, having grabbed a plate , she unlike her one companion , eats with forks and knives, though prefering more meat then anything else. Over the last few months she has gained weight and is looking far more healthy then months ago.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

    We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

    "Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Upon waking Morgawr came to grips with the realities of human morning routines before deciding they could burn. He transformed into a dragon, plunged himself into a nearby lake, chemically sterilized himself with his breath, and arrived at breakfast wearing a tarp he saw lying around on his trip back and carrying a handful of fish gutted and prepared ceviche to have for lunch.

    After placing these on an empty plate he proceeded to take samples of all breakfast items available. He ate in silence and then went back to sleep on the bench.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Gregor rolls his eyes at Yi. "I'm making things," he says, barely bothering to look up from his little contraption. It whirs a little in his hands and he frowns, only half paying attention to the breakfast he's eating.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Dian was still having trouble waking up with nothing but a buzzing. It didn't have the bite that her previous master's wake-up calls had had. Still, this was for Master Bairn, so Dian had been making an effort.

    She'd been training herself to improve her morning routine, even with the 'gentle' wakeup call. By this point, she could essentially sleep-walk from her roost into her bath. She'd wake up in there, the combination of cold water and incessant buzzing finally shocking her mind back to alertness. Only then, ablutions completed, would she hunt down her paper and read it.

    Cool!

    So, supplies. One Tunic, long, cleanish. Nothing worse than dirt on that. It'd do. Two gloves, long. She always bought those with her. One training shadow. One necklace, long enough to fit around her dragon head. Not much clearance these days. If she kept growing this fast, she'd have to get the chain lengthened again.

    Fully equipped, Dian wandered off down to breakfast.

    As would surprise no-one, she arrived at breakfast both late and still dripping. She'd then pick a spot (about as far as she could get from the others), dump her things on one of the tables, and start collecting her food. She didn't seem to have any real interest in what she was eating - she just knew she was hungry. Growth spurts did that to a dragon.

    Food collected, she went back to her equipment and began eating quietly. Dian was not the world's most sociable dragon...

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Durzan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG!

    No sooner had you finished eating, the bell tower rung, signaling that it was now 8 AM. Almost like clockwork, more servants began trickling into the Dining Room, and grabbing plates for their big meal for the day. The Kitchen only provided two large meals a day, so everyone who worked on the manor grounds would take advantage of the large buffet of food set on the long table.

    You knew from experience that the dining room would get rather crowded soon, so you decide it might be best to get up and leave. Besides, Bairn said that you needed to be in the Eastern Courtyard by half past 8... he didn't say anything about not arriving early. You might be able to get some additional training in if you hurry... either that, or converse with your colleagues till the last possible moment, as the dining room grows progressively more crowded and loud.
    Last edited by Durzan; 2016-08-31 at 06:35 PM.
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

    When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Yi fights to grab an extra pile of food before the humans could take any. He roughly shoves his way free as they close in, eager for food. His height, strength and bulk make it a relatively easy job to escape the masses, likely leaving a bruise or two behind.

    Realising Yi need his shadow, he quickly returned to his room and recovered it. He then heads down to the Eastern Courtyard, continuing to fill his mouth with food. As he cleans off the plate, he absently throws it in a corner for a human to deal with. Humans only had so many uses.

    Just before reaching the courtyard, he passes a young attractive woman, who Yi turns to and smiles at, flexing his muscles, showing off. He ammends his thoughts on one of the more useful uses of humans. He notes to himself to track down the woman later, and discuss such things.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Durzan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Quote Originally Posted by Icilia View Post
    Yi fights to grab an extra pile of food before the humans could take any. He roughly shoves his way free as they close in, eager for food. His height, strength and bulk make it a relatively easy job to escape the masses, likely leaving a bruise or two behind.

    Realising Yi need his shadow, he quickly returned to his room and recovered it. He then heads down to the Eastern Courtyard, continuing to fill his mouth with food. As he cleans off the plate, he absently throws it in a corner for a human to deal with. Humans only had so many uses.

    Just before reaching the courtyard, he passes a young attractive woman, who Yi turns to and smiles at, flexing his muscles, showing off. He ammends his thoughts on one of the more useful uses of humans. He notes to himself to track down the woman later, and discuss such things.
    To Yi: The young woman smiles briefly at you, before hurrying off to perform some task. You realized it was probably not a good idea to stay in one place too long... Bairn's chief butler was notorious for putting to work anyone who even appeared idle... didn't matter if they were nobility, a dragon, or a servant, he would find something for them to do. Best to keep moving and at least make it appear like you were busy.

    To All Players (Once you reach the eastern courtyard):
    The Eastern Courtyard was beautiful, designed to display the beauty of nature, rather than serve as a training ground for combat. Here, secluded away from the majority of activity in the rest of the manor, is where Bairn prefers to practice magic... and train the few students he accepts. The fact that he has invited you and the others to train here, shows that you and the others have progressed enough in his eyes to learn magic.

    The large Eastern Courtyard was walled off with hedge on four sides. Opposite the entrance you came in at is another exit, which leads into a small garden. To your right and left, against the hedge walls, are small pools of water with elaborate fountains set in the middle, one of a giant bird with feathers shaped like flames, and the other a horse with a single delicate horn protruding from its head. Set just in front of the hedge wall were flower beds filled with beautiful flowers of all kinds and colors. But what draws your attention first is a large tree set near the center of the courtyard. Apart from the tree in the center and the decorations around the courtyard, this area seemed large enough to fit about 10 students in it, and still have room for each to be able to comfortably practice sparring.

    Bairn himself was standing still under the tree, his ornate staff held in one hand. His blue cloak billowed about him as if being blown by a fierce wind, although there was not even a hint of a breeze. His brown hair was a mess, and his eyes were closed, almost as if he were in meditation. The sapphire on the top of his staff glowed with a faint light. Whatever he was doing, it involved magic.

    "Your early," He said, without opening his eyes. "Come, join me."

    Bairn motioned for you to join him.
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

    When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Ahh! Crowds!

    Dian, late as she was, hadn't finished eating by the time the Gong started. But she wasn't going to stick around here (especially... 'exposed'... as she was) and wait for the humans to start bumping into her. No, she grabbed her things and ran for the exit.

    Even with his flirting stop, though, Yi easily beat her to the courtyard. The reason why was pretty obvious. By the time she reached the courtyard, she'd changed to human form, thrown on her tunic and gloves, and picked up what looked like a lot of dirt on her face.

    (The other dragons may not know this yet, since Dian doesn't seem in any hurry to volunteer information about herself or her capabilities, but her 'True Omnivore' ability makes it entirely viable for her to compensate for her abandoned breakfast by eating rock and dirt. Which is where the dirt had come from, just a few minutes after she'd bathed.)

    With Yi already present, Dian would approach to within a... 'respectful'... distance of her master, and the other dragon, and bow to him. (The master, not the dragon.)

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Standing around in the courtyard with just the master, Yi absently fidgeted with his belly button. He remembered that he probably should have put on a shirt, but considered it an accomplishment that he had managed to remember his pants. Even after all this time, he had not grown accustomed to wearing human clothing.

    With another dragon joining him in the courtyard, he slides over to stand closer to her.

    "So lovely, how are we today? You've got a lil' bit of dirt on your face. Or a lot. Why not come over here, I'll give you a hand with that." Yi ends his statement with a wink.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Dian instinctively shies away from Yi's approach. Not much, but enough to indicate she's uneasy about it. The master knows why, although the other dragons don't - if Yi actually tried to help clean her up, she'd be stuck listening to his thoughts until she managed to get away from him.

    "Leave it be. It won't melt me or anything."

    Though she does absently rub some of it off with one hand in response. Probably just to discourage Yi from trying to help out.

    Spoiler: If Yi decides to force the point
    Show

    If he touches her face, please remember to post what Yi is thinking at the time (both conscious thoughts, and general mood). Thanks!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Yi pauses briefly as Dian attempts to clean her face. He rolls his eyes watching her simply smudge her face with dirt. "Stop that. Your making your pretty face dirty. Just let me help you." Yi reaches out and attempts to help, leaning down to her height.

    Spoiler: Yi's Current Thoughts
    Show
    Yi's primary surface though was a vague physical interest in Dian and the image of a young woman in an interesting position, but as he helps Dian that quickly fades into annoyance with Dian. Not knowing the actual reason for her shying away, Yi assumes that Dian is intimidated or frightened of Yi, even though he is actually trying to help. This most likely flashes up multiple images from Yi's past of people acting fearfully towards him, and leaving him at arms reach from all. Servants, Slaves, Nobles and even other Dragons all avoided Yi.

    Yi's mood was originally bored, but slowly shifts to annoyance.


    Having finished cleaning Dian's face, he straightens and wanders off to the other side of the large tree, grumbling as he goes. He then begins a routine of push ups, sit ups and chin ups.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Morgawr remained lying on the dining hall benches. Getting to the courtyard early had no obvious advantages, and he knew he acted sufficiently uncouth by human standards to have his behavior be boorish rather than suspicious. In fact he was very interested in what the human servants would do and how they would handle his continued presence. Also, he knew from past experience that if he didn't watch someone would take his fish.
    Last edited by Mabn; 2016-09-02 at 09:58 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Gregor leaves breakfast early, his small mechanical toy only half-finished in his hands. He never was much of a socialite, and if the opportunity to learn more came up it was hardly something to pass up on. When he arrives at the courtyard and sees Bairn there, staff in hand, he reaches into one of the many hidden pockets secreted about his clothing and extracts a small metal rod. A quick push of a button sees the rod extending out to form a full staff rising all the way to Gregor's shoulders, the white crystal sphere at the end gleaming brightly in the morning sunlight. He glowers at it, as if noticing some imperfection in the design that only he can see.

    "So," he asks. "What are we to be doing today?"
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ilena's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Aurora yawns deeply as she finishes eating , she says hello to a few of the servants she knows by name, having gotten over her initial anger with them and actually started to make friends. She can be quite sociable when she gets comfortable, and when she puts the effort in to actually talk to people.

    Heading out to the training grounds, her sword hanging casually over her he shoulder and her training dummy , she heads out onto the field. Heading to the new place that Aurora has not been before, she looks around at the beauty of it. Approaching the statue of the horse with the horn and running her hand on it, hmmmm interesting creature. She glances to the others and sees Yi cleaning Dians face as she somehow managed to get dirt upon it. Weird. Oh well, she thinks to herself they are all interesting dragons.

    Seeing Bairn meditating she leaves him be until he speaks, and heads over to him, "You know , i really wish you would stop waking us up so early , you know how much I hate getting up so early in the morning." She says with her normal morning routine, every morning she complains when they get up so early, early for her being before noon.

    "One day you will see the beauty of sleeping in, one day. But what are you doing?"
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

    We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

    "Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Yi's initial contact results in another attempt by Dian to shy away; When he continues trying to 'aid' her, she goes for her staff. The... 'recollections'... eventually stay her from her intended course of action (i.e. whacking him hard between the legs), but she still tries to back away.

    Once he's finally released her, Dian speaks. Her voice seems... a touch unsteady. She's clearly not happy about what just happened to her. "...This isn't a personal thing, you understand, but NEVER TOUCH ME...again." Which probably does seem like something of an overreaction on her part. Still, she had at least tried to reassure him that it wasn't hatred or prejudice on her part...

    ...Which would have worked far better if she'd been willing to open up about the reasons for it.

    (Confusing) message hopefully delivered, she heads away in the opposite direction, trying to put their master between herself and Yi.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Durzan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    To Mowgar: You watch the servants scurry around the dining room almost like ants... but after a few moments you notice a pattern emerge. The servants would line up at the serving table, and proceed from left to right, filling their plate with as much food as possible, before hurrying to a seat and eating quickly. When a dish was emptied, a cook would pop out from the kitchen with a fresh dish of food, and fill it with fresh food, before scurrying back into the kitchen.

    After about 15 minutes of watching this, you grow bored and decide it would probably be a good idea to catch up with the others. Bairn doesn't like it when a student shows up to class late.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Gregor leaves breakfast early, his small mechanical toy only half-finished in his hands. He never was much of a socialite, and if the opportunity to learn more came up it was hardly something to pass up on. When he arrives at the courtyard and sees Bairn there, staff in hand, he reaches into one of the many hidden pockets secreted about his clothing and extracts a small metal rod. A quick push of a button sees the rod extending out to form a full staff rising all the way to Gregor's shoulders, the white crystal sphere at the end gleaming brightly in the morning sunlight. He glowers at it, as if noticing some imperfection in the design that only he can see.

    "So," he asks. "What are we to be doing today?"
    To Gregor: "We are going to cover the basics... again," Bairn said simply, not even turning to face you. His meditation was not easily broken, even when asked question.

    To Yi: "Behave yourself Yi. Dian is a dragon... not a piece of meat to drool over."


    Quote Originally Posted by Crixon View Post
    Aurora yawns deeply as she finishes eating , she says hello to a few of the servants she knows by name, having gotten over her initial anger with them and actually started to make friends. She can be quite sociable when she gets comfortable, and when she puts the effort in to actually talk to people.

    Heading out to the training grounds, her sword hanging casually over her he shoulder and her training dummy , she heads out onto the field. Heading to the new place that Aurora has not been before, she looks around at the beauty of it. Approaching the statue of the horse with the horn and running her hand on it, hmmmm interesting creature. She glances to the others and sees Yi cleaning Dians face as she somehow managed to get dirt upon it. Weird. Oh well, she thinks to herself they are all interesting dragons.

    Seeing Bairn meditating she leaves him be until he speaks, and heads over to him, "You know , i really wish you would stop waking us up so early , you know how much I hate getting up so early in the morning." She says with her normal morning routine, every morning she complains when they get up so early, early for her being before noon.

    "One day you will see the beauty of sleeping in, one day. But what are you doing?"
    To Aurora: Bairn actually turns slightly and smiles at Aurora when she approaches. His eyes are still closed, and his meditation otherwise appears undisturbed. "The early bird gets the worm, little one. When I was an apprentice, our masters would wake us up at dawn, and make us do hard labor... so from my point of view, you are the ones sleeping in."

    He pauses for a moment, then opens his eyes and looks at her. His twinkling blue eyes were calm and calculating, and his angular face was framed by short but messy brown hair. "Every morning, I wake up early and come out here to meditate and prepare myself for the day. During my long meditation, I siphon the raw energy from my surroundings, and use it to create mana."
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

    When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ilena's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    I smile a little, "Still, noon is a beautiful time to wake up." Their morning routine done she continues, "When shall we begin today?" Curious when he will be ready to start teaching them.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

    We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

    "Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Durzan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Quote Originally Posted by Crixon View Post
    I smile a little, "Still, noon is a beautiful time to wake up." Their morning routine done she continues, "When shall we begin today?" Curious when he will be ready to start teaching them.
    "We can start once Mowgar gets here," He replied, noting that the big dragon was not here with the others... as usual. He had hoped the group would socialize a bit more in the past few months, but to his chagrin, they acted like they barely knew each other... particularly the newer ones.
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

    When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Yi fumes, his breath coming out cold as his draconic breath wells up. Damn them all. Damn the Master. Damn the others. All they see is a damn brute. I try to help and yet again everyone is repulsed or assumes the damn worst. With his thought of damn, Yi's anger quickly grows. He feels his nails begin to dig into his skin from clenching. His focus begins to blur. His breath becomes heavy and quicker. Not even aware of his actions, Yi moves towards the closest wall, happening to be the furthest from the rest.

    Out of no where, a large explosion is heard, clear even all the way to the dining room. As stone and dust settle, all can see that Yi has smashed his hand through the stone wall of the courtyard, sending bricks and dusting flying. Behind the hole, two startled and frightened servants stand, covered in dust and debris. Through some shear luck, neither seems to be injured. A low, powerful growl erupts from Yi, as he slowly pulls his arm free of the damage he had caused, rotating his wrist with numerous cracks. Yi suddenly blinks twice, his eyes seeming to come into focus, looking straight at the two servants. He attempts to say something as both dart away from him. Yi sighs, dropping his arm to his side. The scent of blood slowly emanates through the air, as all who can see Yi notice that a reasonable flow of scarlet blood has begun to flow from his right arm.

    He turns his head slightly towards Bairn, and mumbles a "My apologies Master." With blood still flowing freely, Yi kneels and begins to pick up the stone scattered around.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ilena's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Aurora first jumps in surprise then sighs a little at his outburst, what now? Whats he getting pissed off about? Or did he just wake up this morning thinking, oh im going to punch a wall. She shakes her head a little, and starts approaching Yi, "Hey, let me take a look at that hand ok?"
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

    We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

    "Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Gregor resists the urge to roll his eyes at Brain - he can see where this is going. The man will no doubt spring some surprise test, either now or later, revolving around something being taught or reviewed here today. It's just as he's contemplating how best to respond that an explosion rocks the courtyard.

    "What in the infinite hells was that?" Gregir whirls around, looking for the source of the bang. His nostrils begin to pick up the scent of fresh blood.

    Did I leave the alchemy ingredients too close? he wonders.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Morgawr arrived in time with the explosion. Holding back commentary he simply sighed and waited. For a painstakingly decorated courtyard this place saw more violence then some battlegrounds. He admitted to himself he had nothing better to do than attend to this lesson, but that in itself galled him. Months of research had uncovered nothing except a growing certainty that dragons made no sense to science and science made no sense to dragons.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    "Yi's just working off his temper," Dian told Gregir, since he'd asked what had happened. "He tried to... 'impress'... me with a totally manly display of completely ignoring my desires in order to make me look prettier to him.

    Shockingly enough, my response wasn't the swoon he'd been hoping for, so he took it out on that wall. Because showing off your violent temper has long been known as the number one method of convincing people you're nothing to be afraid of.
    "

    Ultimately, Dian could understand why Yi had acted why he did (the glance into his mind was, although unpleasant, quite informative)... but that didn't mean she was happy about being forced to experience his 'issues'. And this was the best way she could think of to keep him from 'helping' her again. Other than telling him, that is, but that had an entirely different set of problems...

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Yi grumbles about it not being serious, hears Dian's commet and shakes his head to himself. Refusing help at this point would be stupid. So, rather slowly, Yi takes of his leather gauntlet and bracer to reveal his injuries. Blood was weakly flowing from multiple places, all up his forearm. Scars appear to have split open from the force of the punch.

    For Aurora
    Aurora will notice that he has scars encircly his entire right forearm, and the back of his hand. Unfortunately, it appears Yi's previous masters decided to carve their draconic binding magics directly into his flesh, even if it isn't neccesary, and it seems that the scars have never properly healed. Suprisingly though, the skin around Yi's knuckles appear to have taken no damage.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ilena's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    I take his arm gently, looking at the scars and frowning a little, "I .. dont know if i can fix these but at the very least i can make the blood stop." I close my eyes for a moment while i start working on summoning up the energies from within me, it still feels really exhilarating every time she can use it. My hands move slowly over the scars, directing the energy from inside my chest and heart to my palms and finger tips, pushing it out gently and into the wounds, a nice soothing effect spreads across his scars.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ill leave if it heals up to you/dm, and so forth.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

    We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

    "Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Durzan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    If Bairn was upset with Yi at all, his face didn't show it. His face was calm, suddenly showing no emotion now.


    He was always like this... always willing to show positive emotions and open up around those he knows well, but sometimes, often with no discernible reason, his mental walls go up and his face becomes as blank as a slate, masking whatever emotions he was feeling at the time. Maybe it was some kind of coping mechanism, a way for him to calm himself, or maybe he hid his emotions to project strength... either way, you don't know.


    "Nice thinking Yi," Bairn said calmly, "My mother's garden could use a little bit of renovating... but lets wait until after the training session before we start remodeling."


    Bairn was about to say more but stopped when Aurora tried to heal Yi's scars.


    To Aurora: As you try to weave the spell, something goes wrong. Theres a flash of light and a loud bang. The next thing you suddenly find yourself lying on the ground, your ears ringing and your head aching. Groggily you get up, your body shaking with newfound exhaustion. Clearly, the spell had not only failed, but had literally blown up in your face.


    Bairn watched Aurora clear her head, then spoke, a twinkle in his eyes.


    "Aurora, you need to be careful with magic. You can't just throw your mana around like that and expect it to do what you want it to do. Make sure you structure the energy properly as I taught you. If that had been a more powerful spell, you might very well be in little pieces all over the yard... or even worse... find yourself living the rest of your days as a frog or radish."


    Bairn turns to the others and explains what went wrong. "Aurora made two additional mistakes: First, she tried casting a spell using nothing but mana. Doing so is unwise... especially for novices. There is a reason incantations and gestures are used in most spells, even when they are not, strictly speaking, needed. They provide structure and guidelines to an otherwise dangerous process, allowing you to shape and direct the spell with both your mind and body. Of course, even with spell components, you can still make a mistake, and cause your spell to collapse into a random effect, but the chances of doing so are vastly reduced."


    "Second, she fueled the spell with her life force directly. This too is unwise, as the spell will drain your life-force until its effects are complete, it is dispelled, or until you die. Each bit of energy drawn from your body will leave you that much more tired, hungry, and exhausted. If you use all of it then your body will be nothing but an empty husk. Far safer to store a portion of your energy in a crystal or focus ahead of time, recover, and then use that energy as fuel for your spells."


    Bairn paused for a moment, taking note that everyone was now here.


    "Now, can every one line up, so we can begin?"
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

    When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: The Dragon Master: Magic 101 {IC}

    Lining up wasn't so bad. She could do that without touching anyone...

    Dian circled back around to Bairn's 'front', planted one end of her quarterstaff in the ground, and waited for the others to reach their marks as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •