New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Basement Lab]

"Well, once you get those legs coordinated, you could join the postal service. Or the football team!" Inter-district sporting competitions have been sadly neglected.
    "And if you're feeling particularly patriotic you can see if the city guard will have you, but I wouldn't bet on it."

That was pretty rude of Bram, implying that she messes people up. But all the same, welcome to the upstairs! This place is much more well lit and decorated, where, after one service hallway, they emerge into a richly upholstered lobby with a reception desk and potted plants and pillars of ever-burning flame. Neffle-things and goons in their red uniforms are all over, and generally pause to give a salute as the General passes by.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #572
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 18

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    The Toy Tinker

Lenai privately wonders if she should mention the healthful benefits of a fey's blessing, particularly one from such a powerful fey as herself, and their utility in extending the longevity of even the most sickly of walking corpses.

Best to not, actually. Let Sticks figure that out for himself once he begins to feel that new spring in his step in the weeks to come.

"This has been fruitful, but I must depart and leave you to your work. As I know you can handle yourself, you will always be welcome in Wildside for so long as we remain allied, provided you treat its inhabitants with the same care you would my gifts. I will go to arrange for your beast, and you will see her in the morning." Lenai also inclines her head professionally, to both Sticks and Jim in turn, and heads for the door. The tree outside politely opens it for her as she nears it, and then she's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Toy Tinker

Jim watches Lenai go and nods before turning to Sticks. "Okay, well, that happened. Now, you have business to deal with, mister. Not that you told me what it is, but something tells me you didn't get it done before you got distracted by pretty fairies." Jim says, crossing his arms at Sticks.
    Sticks inclines his head right back, but doesn't see a reason to fill the air with more of his words. He glances at Jim as well, and crosses his arms. He likely does a much better job of looking stern. "I require at least one other practitioner to complete the ritual, so never mind that. The preparations are done. I can afford to be distracted with business transactions." He quirks an eyebrow. "What was it you said about me? 'Keeping me in check'?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Lobby

"What, does the Guard not take Nefflerms?" Bram asks, stars in his eyes at the opulence of the place. It's practically staggering. The General is lucky she doesn't have anything too shiny in the room or she'd have to drag him behind her.

The Toy Tinker

Jim chuckles. "A little, Sticks. You were eating out of the palm of her hand! But I guess you're right, it's not like you know any other practitioners nearby." he tells the man, raising an eyebrow at him questioningly.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-02-17 at 11:13 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #574

[The Toy Tinker]

"For one thing, I didn't know you were here, you oafish house-sprite,"
    Sticks smiles just a little bit and reaches out to flick at Jim's forehead rather quickly. "And if I wanted to put you in danger of being consumed by Arioch or the demon, then surely, that would be an excellent plan. But I don't, so I shan't. If the ladies would only get here..." Sticks peers out his shop window, concerned. "It could perhaps even be done with Tep, but I'm not sure where he's gone." Eschelle, he knew at least, had taken off. Said something about a fire ruining her clothes, and Sticks asked no more. It wasn't as though she had the metaphysical might to tackle such a task as this either.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #575

Default [Southside HQ Lobby]

"It's plainly "Neffles". That other is actually the plural in the original language. Don't worry. I used to have a lot of trouble speaking Common too, but with practice you can overcome anything. No, it's more the question of loyalty. Can they really trust that you'll do what's right to the city and its people when you're so recently arrived?"

She strolls over to the desk.

"Generic new employee. Bram Masters, Male, 15 years, Experiment."

The receptionist looks up with a grin.
    "Ooh, do we get to put this one through the new aptitude tests?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim nods, chuckling. "Well, if that's what you want, I can head out, Boss. Good luck." the faun says, offering a wave.

Southside HQ Lobby

Bram decides not to say anything about the General mocking him just because he doesn't remember the stupid word that she stole from a crusty old book.
    "Wait, tests? What tests?" he asks, worried.

7. - Top - End - #577

Default [Southside HQ Lobby]

"To see what sort of job you're suited for."
    The receptionist explains.
    "That should be fine." The General says with a wave. "Sort him out and get it to Rust's department, okay? I have to see to the new hospital. Good luck, Bram."

Hopefully none of this messes with his plans.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Southside HQ Lobby

Bram seems worried, his ambition quickly crushed by his 15-year-old psyche. "Uh, are they...hard tests?" he asks. Who knows what these crazy city folk do. Especially crazy science city folk.

9. - Top - End - #579

Default [Southside HQ]

"They are thorough."
    The receptionist hands Bram a form partially filled-out with his contact information.
    "Take this to room 229, upstairs on the right."

Should Bram comply, he'll find himself enmeshed in the bureaucracy: eating weird city food, answering questions about his home and family, getting temporary space in a dorm, and undergoing an exhaustive battery of standardized tests covering things as diverse as mathematical knowledge, marksmanship, applied sciences, musical talent, and nexusian chronodynamics. They are hard, but "don't worry, you're not expected to be able to answer everything." Other test-takers and officials drift in and out of contact.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-02-17 at 01:14 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Enmeshed in Bureaucracy

Bram finds this food strange, but some degree of tasty. Moreso, his new girth his never been fed and he finds himself completely unable to stop himself from devouring plate after plate until his dragon stomach is satisfied.
    Once properly gorged, his efforts will help the test-takers establish that he's a decent shot for a kid if he's given something he can lift, he's decent at math but doesn't have much scientific background. He has a good sense of beat but doesn't have a good singing voice, and he has a good head for keeping track of space but not time. He's also very patient apparently because he doesn't get upset at all these proceedings.

11. - Top - End - #581

Default [Enmeshed in the Bureaucracy]

Well, his occupational outcomes are pretty clear then.

At the top of the printout is:
    *Special Forces - Sniper
    Recommended with lower confidence are:
    *Economist
    *Postal Service
    *Performing Arts - Drummer
    *Evangelist/Salesman

There are pages of tables and score reports explaining why, if he fills out a request to see them.

Bram is given a chance to comment on the outcomes/recommendations.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Enmeshed in Bureaucracy

"I don't know if someone my size would be very good at staying hidden. Also, I'm 15. What...what happens now?" he says in wonder at the top result. What kind of messed up place is this, assigning teenagers to the army?

13. - Top - End - #583

"I suspect you'll do fine. You don't even have wings to hide." And he'll certainly be older by the time he gets through training, right?
    Does his protestation indicate agreement generally, quibbling only about the details? Apparently they think so.
    A small folder of papers is handed over to him. Enlistment and transfer forms.
    "Make a decision, then take the top one to Rust's office on the top floor. Eventually perhaps you'll need a uniform. That might be some trouble." Not so many quadrupeds working around here. "But it'll get sorted out."

There might be a 'none of the above' clause, but it's not obvious on the papers he has.

"Don't worry. We all feel out of our depth at times. Keep the trust and you can swim just fine."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-02-17 at 02:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

[Westside streets]

A female orc, a bit shorter and thinner than typical, is walking down the street with an insouciant air. She's wearing a a leather jacket, t-shirt, denim shorts, torn fishnet stockings, and a brutal pair of combat boots. The dominant colour theme (besides her green skin) seems to be black, though she seems to have hand painted 'anarchy' and 'equality' symbols on her jacket, t-shirts, and boots. She's also added (it's obviously not professional work) spikes onto her jacket and boots. Her hair is dyed coal black, and she has gone with the extreme black eyeliner and black lipstick to complete her look. She's scanning the shops on each side of the street looking for something in particular. "Hey, Rose? Are you sure it was on this street?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2017-02-17 at 02:51 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Halton looks to the pilot, and the pilot nods. "On the run from a MegaCorp, actually. We should be in the clear; they'll never coming looking in the Nexus. And while we're here, maybe we'll do some civic restructuring. This city could need another democracy, instead of the usual juntas and crime lords."

"Might mean less work for you superhero types, though. Hope you don't hold that against us," the pilot shrugs, before Westside comes into view. Whoa, how'd they get there so fast?!
    We're on a BoatHovercopter!

Probably because when you fly above a town rather than drive or walk through it, the distances are much shorter and less convoluted. "Nah, makes sense." Gemini admits, leaning over a bit too precariously as she watches the city pass by below. "My suggestion is to make sure you have an ethics committee and be sure you have moral oversight. Simply because you probably wish to become a MegaCorp of your own or an oligarchy. Good luck though." She explains with a small shrug. "I mean, I'm planning on going to school for a degree in Morality and Ethics, but that's just me. If you have a part-time job open though, I'd like to be kept in mind. It'd get me out of babysitting too much." She admits.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

"And if I do have to travel, maybe you guys could come with,"
    the stag adds at a gentle volume. Adir tries to find Sakura's hand with his, whether on the table or under it. He smiles with all his warmth. "Might be fun. And I'm sure you could only improve my impression." The stag winks.

"I'll, uh, confess though, Empress,"
    Adir pipes up at the big lady, "I've never been an emissary before. I'm, um... I think I'm pretty good at talking with people. But I have no formal... diplomatic training?" Yeah, that would probably be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

Sakura smiles a bit and squeezes his hand. "Well, maybe." That doesn't sound so bad, but she's not entirely convinced. She can hope for the best at least.

[Moth Park]

Vax speaks a string of words in a language not often spoken. She waits, listening for a response. Apparently satisfied she turns her back to the fight and touches the tree. At the same moment, the vines on the ground surrounding them all start to writhe with an unearthly vigor.
    The Empress' Estate - The Frescots

The Empress gives a small but firm shake of her head. "Most people I would send you to speak with would be those much like yourself. You claim to not be diplomatic, but if you speak with clarity and passion I find that you will go further. If I have need of a politician or anyone else with a silver tongue, I will send another of my Knights." She explains. "As long as I do not suspect trouble, I do not see any reason to bar your family from traveling with you. It may even increase your standing among some if the time in my great-grandfather's court stands true."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Moth Park

The guards are force to retreat, one of them having to throw themselves on the ground to avoid the club. They might be brave, but they still saw value in dodging a gigantic club. They had to just keep retreating or get hit though, nothing they could do could stop that.
    Even Zhareen herself finds herself at loss when the demon starts swinging the club, but she soon realizes that she simply had to trust her instincts. They wouldn't win by fleeing, they could only win by attacking. So instead of dodging the club, she dashes towards the demon instead, attempting to get close enough that it couldn't swing it at her so easily. The hammer she holds suddenly transforms into a golden spear which she throws right at the demon. "No one shall cover in your presence ever again, beast!"
    Moth Park

If the Demon senses that Vax seems to be nearly finished with her ritual, it does not have the opportunity to show such as it finds itself under a golden assault. The tree that it been using as a club is hastily drawn back along side several other tentacles to form a protective shell around the core "body". The old tree, while strong, is hollow so it might not survive the blow depending on the force behind it. Even so, the ground trembles and Zhareen might notice that part of the Demon's body is starting to go back under the ground as it either seeks to burrow to escape or to attack from below.

Westside Streets

The orc's traveling companion is a tall young human. Her arms and legs are gangly where they can be seen, but she walks with fair ease and grace despite the well-polished black over-buckled boots that go up almost to her knees. Her expression, what can be seen of it, is puzzled as she looks around. Her hair, dyed bright neon green and with cybernetic extensions added in, goes down beyond her shoulder and a pair of thicker braids even squirms in response to her confused state. "I thought it was around here. I mean, I'd heard about the place. It shouldn't be too hard to find a tattoo shop though, right?" She asks rhetorically, her voice muffled behind a sleek black and chrome rebreather that covers her mouth and nose. The pale, nearly ghost white, face behind the rebreather is likely the result of makeup, but Rose seems to take meticulous care in applying it. Green eyeshadow and bright purple eyes seem to be put on with machine-like precision to complete her look, matching not just her hair, but the black and green striped leggings that vanish beneath a pair of black leather shorts. Her top had been a leather jacket at one point, but the lower half has been cut away and so has the right sleeve, leaving just her upper torso and left arm covered by it. Beneath, she wears yet more neon green, this time a vest and a belt that rests over her waist but isn't connected to anything. Even though it might be a bit odd for a Cyber Goth to be walking around, she definitely wears the outfit with care and pride.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Enmeshed in Bureaucracy

Bram frowns and tries to fill out paperwork, though the aide's comments only make him more aware that he's wearing bandages and nothing else. Awkwardly, he looks for an elevator to find this Rust person.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moth Park]

Oh no, that won't do at all. As the demon tries to sink back underground, it'll find that the vines covering it, once so accommodating in letting it emerge, bar its descent now. In fact, if it was so riled up by being confined to the city, it'll be even more concerning to find that the much smaller prison of the circle bars it now.

Vax spins around to look at the demon again. She has a wicked grin on her face. All around the edges of the circle, roots and vines are growing upward, to form a physical wall. The tree at the center of it all grows in kind, a canopy forming above their heads. There's something unsettling about the movements of the plant life. A deliberate intelligence is behind it. Of course, everyone present knows what's going on. Though it's not quite the same, something very similar to the demon is lending Vax its aid.

"To me, Zhareen! Drive it to me!" She spreads her arms wide in a grim sort of welcome.

18. - Top - End - #588

Luckily for Bram's poor new legs, there are elevators near the building center. And up a floor or several, he'll find the right office. A particularly scrawny neffle woman (looks more like an overcooked lizard than a dragon) oversees a pair of humans in a maze of filing cabinets.

"Yes?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Enmeshed in Bureaucracy

"I uh, they told me that I had to give you paperwork for my career. I...don't really know a lot of things. I wasn't really sure what to pick.." he admits, looking down at the pile of paperwork in his arms.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Westside Streets

"I hope they do piercings too,"
    says Perdition, the young orc. "I can't believe Dad wouldn't let me get an Industrial ear piercing, or the tongue piercing I wanted!" Dad might have had a point. Her tusks (one of them with a silver cap, where it had been broken once before) protrude from her lower lips, giving her a slight speech impediment, which her player won't bother to transcribe. A tongue piercing would make that worse, especially while it was healing.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #591

Rust raises an eyebrow.
    "You'll learn them. We look after each other here. Nobody else will."
    "Take the top choice, and maybe you can transfer later."

She shoos one of the other clerks away and holds out a hand for the papers.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #592
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    We're on a BoatHovercopter!

Probably because when you fly above a town rather than drive or walk through it, the distances are much shorter and less convoluted. "Nah, makes sense." Gemini admits, leaning over a bit too precariously as she watches the city pass by below. "My suggestion is to make sure you have an ethics committee and be sure you have moral oversight. Simply because you probably wish to become a MegaCorp of your own or an oligarchy. Good luck though." She explains with a small shrug. "I mean, I'm planning on going to school for a degree in Morality and Ethics, but that's just me. If you have a part-time job open though, I'd like to be kept in mind. It'd get me out of babysitting too much." She admits.
    "We're only an hour or so away from sending someone to VIGIL, actually. He'll be talking to them about keeping an eye on us, offer a seat on the committee to their leadership. Here's hoping that goes well," the pilot remarks, completely oblivious to his own impending fiery demise in a scene that's already nearly over.

"I'll talk to Command, see what they think. Wouldn't kill us to get some opinions from outside the echo chamber for a change. So should we land, or do you think you can make the jump from here?" I dunno Haz, we're up pretty damn high. Should you really be daring a kid to do that sort of thing?

Southside Negotiations A - An Electronic Squid Monster in The Empress's Court

It's been a long time since he's shown his face in public. Well...maybe face isn't the right word, but you get the idea, right? 2009 was eight whole years ago, after all. Nearly a decade, which is practically an eternity in the Nexus. Riverside didn't even exist back then. The only real estate worth squabbling over was Inside, but Vyrn's Empire did such a fantastic job of keeping all the would-be conquerors and warlords out that their successors hold the city to this day, despite everyone who stood against them. Of course, once Riverside did make itself known, it's no surprise all those warlords came here instead.

The Squiddly Thing Not to Be Properly Named. Now Get Going approaches the territory of the Countess of Cold, the Baroness of Blizzards, the Princess of Permafrost, the Sultana of Sleet. By that, I mean a very oddly named, robot squid roughly the size of a grown man is drifting through the air, gliding along the streets of Southside. Its eyes gleam a bright orange, its midnight blue chassis seems to swallow any light that dares touch its surface, and its multitude of orange-striped tentacles twitch and tense as it passes people by. This might be the most important diplomacy mission that The Faction embarks on, so it's only fitting that the High Commander himself should attend to the matter personally.

Southside Negotiations B - Proverbs 25:15

Ambriel's wings shift uneasily. He isn't looking forward to this. The Faction has terrifyingly little information on The General. His numbers, their armaments, their goals...all of it's a complete mystery. The amount of data collected on this elusive figure wouldn't be enough to fill a pamphlet, and yet here he is now, trying to negotiate with people who could be stark raving mad for all we know. People his coworker has already shot at not too long ago. Ambriel is definitely going to have to tread carefully here.

That said, it shouldn't take long for our diplomat to attract attention, which is exactly the intention here. Southside probably doesn't get a whole lot of visitors with huge white angel wings or ivory white hooded robes. Even if those battle-worn wings are missing a lot of feathers here and there, exposing a wiry metal framework where bone should be, it's still quite the sight. One of the General's men is sure to investigate, right? I mean, The Faction would rather not blast a hole in the ground like Gemini did, but if nothing else will get their attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #593
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Moth Park]

Oh no, that won't do at all. As the demon tries to sink back underground, it'll find that the vines covering it, once so accommodating in letting it emerge, bar its descent now. In fact, if it was so riled up by being confined to the city, it'll be even more concerning to find that the much smaller prison of the circle bars it now.

Vax spins around to look at the demon again. She has a wicked grin on her face. All around the edges of the circle, roots and vines are growing upward, to form a physical wall. The tree at the center of it all grows in kind, a canopy forming above their heads. There's something unsettling about the movements of the plant life. A deliberate intelligence is behind it. Of course, everyone present knows what's going on. Though it's not quite the same, something very similar to the demon is lending Vax its aid.

"To me, Zhareen! Drive it to me!" She spreads her arms wide in a grim sort of welcome.
    Moth Park

If the Demon senses that Vax seems to be nearly finished with her ritual, it does not have the opportunity to show such as it finds itself under a golden assault. The tree that it been using as a club is hastily drawn back along side several other tentacles to form a protective shell around the core "body". The old tree, while strong, is hollow so it might not survive the blow depending on the force behind it. Even so, the ground trembles and Zhareen might notice that part of the Demon's body is starting to go back under the ground as it either seeks to burrow to escape or to attack from below.
    Westside Streets

FLARE & BOLT Illuminates the street in almost painfully bright neon colors. A goblin standing on a step ladder is still busy putting up the last T but misplaces it as his attention is suddenly drawn to the potential customers walking by. He waves enthusiastically at them to get their attention. "Hey, you gals in need of some tattoos, piercings or, ah, your hair cut?"

Moth Park

The spear pierces the hollow tree, and impales the ground underneath it. There was some major force behind that throw.
    Yet as Zhareen raises her hand, the spear disappears in a flash of light and then reappears in the hands of its owner. She then dashes towards the demon with her spear raised, coming from the right she hopes that it will go to the left, towards Vax. She isn't sure how much a lone person charging against a demon of fear, but perhaps she could make it think attacking Vax was a better idea.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-02-18 at 09:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

[FLARE & BOLT]

Spoiler: Previously....
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [Westside streets]

A female orc, a bit shorter and thinner than typical, is walking down the street with an insouciant air. She's wearing a a leather jacket, t-shirt, denim shorts, torn fishnet stockings, and a brutal pair of combat boots. The dominant colour theme (besides her green skin) seems to be black, though she seems to have hand painted 'anarchy' and 'equality' symbols on her jacket, t-shirts, and boots. She's also added (it's obviously not professional work) spikes onto her jacket and boots. Her hair is dyed coal black, and she has gone with the extreme black eyeliner and black lipstick to complete her look. She's scanning the shops on each side of the street looking for something in particular. "Hey, Rose? Are you sure it was on this street?"
    Westside Streets

The orc's traveling companion is a tall young human. Her arms and legs are gangly where they can be seen, but she walks with fair ease and grace despite the well-polished black over-buckled boots that go up almost to her knees. Her expression, what can be seen of it, is puzzled as she looks around. Her hair, dyed bright neon green and with cybernetic extensions added in, goes down beyond her shoulder and a pair of thicker braids even squirms in response to her confused state. "I thought it was around here. I mean, I'd heard about the place. It shouldn't be too hard to find a tattoo shop though, right?" She asks rhetorically, her voice muffled behind a sleek black and chrome rebreather that covers her mouth and nose. The pale, nearly ghost white, face behind the rebreather is likely the result of makeup, but Rose seems to take meticulous care in applying it. Green eyeshadow and bright purple eyes seem to be put on with machine-like precision to complete her look, matching not just her hair, but the black and green striped leggings that vanish beneath a pair of black leather shorts. Her top had been a leather jacket at one point, but the lower half has been cut away and so has the right sleeve, leaving just her upper torso and left arm covered by it. Beneath, she wears yet more neon green, this time a vest and a belt that rests over her waist but isn't connected to anything. Even though it might be a bit odd for a Cyber Goth to be walking around, she definitely wears the outfit with care and pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Westside Streets

"I hope they do piercings too,"
    says Perdition, the young orc. "I can't believe Dad wouldn't let me get an Industrial ear piercing, or the tongue piercing I wanted!" Dad might have had a point. Her tusks (one of them with a silver cap, where it had been broken once before) protrude from her lower lips, giving her a slight speech impediment, which her player won't bother to transcribe. A tongue piercing would make that worse, especially while it was healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Westside Streets

FLARE & BOLT Illuminates the street in almost painfully bright neon colors. A goblin standing on a step ladder is still busy putting up the last T but misplaces it as his attention is suddenly drawn to the potential customers walking by. He waves enthusiastically at them to get their attention. "Hey, you gals in need of some tattoos, piercings or, ah, your hair cut?"

The orc grabs her friend's arm and points. "Rose! There's the shop!" Then she loudly calls up to the goblin, "Yes! Yes! Tattoos and piercings both! Are you good?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #595
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lazy Afternoon

Mathius sighs and deflates when he sees that the mead doesn't distract the bee-woman appropriately from his delicate orchids and decides to finish her glass himself. He knocks both his and hers back before getting out a small spray bottle and going to work watering his orchids. He tries to ignore the molestation of his flowers by the bee-woman, but after a bit of thought he shakes his head at himself. "What were you expecting to do, Mathius? Impress her with your skill of caring for so many of these? She's probably seen more impressive displays in the wild." He admits, reaching up to tug an ear in a display of self-ridicule and to relieve the tension he was feeling at seeing his precious orchids face-planted.

He pauses at that thought, snickering at the joke and making a mental note of it before he begins to hum. His throat, worked well over the years, hits his pitches perfectly.
    Lazy Afternoon

Bea (for lack of a better name) looks up and tilts her head to the side as she hears him begin his song. Her antennae twitch in time with the melody, and it's not long before she's buzzing along quietly to it, following the tune as he makes it as if she'd heard it all before, perfectly harmonizing with him no matter where he takes the melody.

A Riverwide Announcement

In all the newspapers, radio stations, and TV broadcasts she can reach (and with her stored and fettered away gold, that turns out to be quite a number) Lenai, the Mistress of Wildside, puts out the following announcement for the factions of Riverside to see:

"People of Riverside, do not think I have not noticed your city's expansions outward and upward of late. And do not think I am not sympathetic to your plight. Riverside grows quickly, flourishing under a new era of relative peace and prosperity and benefiting from the new blood who have come to claim and develop the land."

"But it struggles, fighting over each spit and stake of earth, shooting buildings skywards to capitalize on every foundation. It pushes the boundaries of the border that I set for it, and it need not do so. I am offering to you now a chance to expand further. I will, if the city wishes it, move my orchards at my own expense to clear another kilometer of arable land between the borders of Riverside and the edges of the wilds to do with as you wish."

"So, if you wish to accept my offer, all I ask is that the leaders of Riverside's factions schedule to meet with me, to discuss the division of the greater Riverside area. Proof of your current status as a political faction in Riverside will be required for admittance. I will not entertain business interests looking to purchase land for their industrial needs."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2017-02-21 at 10:36 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #596

The Empress' Estate - The Frescots

Adir seems satisfied with that answer. He smiles cheerily and takes another few bites of food, eyes first on Sakura, then gliding to the Empress.

Hrm. He's out of stuff to say. Adir was already all for this, of course, but he's got little else to ask about. Perhaps he'll do his best to make small talk for the remainder of dinner if there's no more to discuss. It's hard to make small talk with someone who's so much... larger-than-life. Literally.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

[Wildside]

Once, several summers ago, he drinks some mead, and runs wild. He runs with wolves. He thinks his Father Wolfy is one of them. He listens to the trees. Wherever he goes, there are always the bees. The Bee Mother always knows where he is, and he always plays his music to her daughters, though he leaves their honey untouched.

His dog Mori runs with him, as accepted by the forest as he is himself. They hunt together, and share their kills. Mori runs off with a wild dog for a few days. A month after she returns, he can hear seven tiny heartbeats, in addition to their two.

They begin to move more slowly as Mori grows larger... until one day, Mori barks in happy recognition, and he realizes that the trees feel familiar.

Cole the Beekeeper has returned to Wildside.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

Wenomir is... strolling through the no-man's land. He's fully armed and armoured, but he appears to be just crossing Southside at a leisurely pace, without regard for the faction divisions in it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southside]

What a lovely day for a stroll!

Wenomir will soon find himself in company, though Kal is considerably less armed and armored than he is.

The tiefling joins him casually, falling into step.

"Hi there. Lovely day. Nice sword."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

Wenomir turns to look at Kal. The tiefling feels... vaguely familiar. He's sure he's met him before, but he can't remember where. Or what his name is.

"Why, thank you. This is a surprisingly nice place, despite all the warlords squabbling over it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.