Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Gender
    Male

    Default TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    There are some places that should be left untouched.

    There are some that should be forgotten, and left alone.

    Some spite their isolation, and reach out to be known regardless.

    None of you know why you are here, or how, but you are. You've all come from different walks of life, following your own winding and branching paths from the same tree, until all those branches met and wove around each other like lost kin found again. Yet despite the similarity of basic origin, you know not these brothers and sisters you have met this day. You all sing a similar tale though. The traveling, the mist, the lost wandering, and the discovery of each other. Just as the multitude of those before have done, and the multitudes before and before.

    You've all congregated around the same place: an ancient crossroads lost in this choking mist. Just beside it, off of what used to be main roads, is a cairn of thick, flat stones piled on top of one another. In its center is a sword driven into the ground, far too dented and corroded to be of any practical or ornamental use, but standing tall all the same for the fallen one it represents. Perhaps some of you took the time to pay your respects, some instead making camp as you remained lost in this atmospheric pea soup. More than likely though, you all happened to arrive at the same time at the same place, shadowy figures lost to the grey until you all became clearer, sharper, more apparent to each other than was previously perceptible.

    What sort of fortune or wretched curse has brought you together you may never know. Still you are all here now, and as the simple functions of societal dialogue would dictate, introductions are in order.
    I've started streaming again.


    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Lander the Fighter pulls a morsel of food out of one pocket, and a small mouse out of another, and whispers to the mouse while feeding it: Well Mr. Squeakers let's see where we are now.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Perception:
    (d20+4)[23]
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig


    D&D Alignment history


    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Norion Aerlinnor rubs his head and sits up.
    "Urgh... Where am I? This doesn't look like the road..."

    He draws his rapier, just to be safe, and walks towards the figures he can see through the mist, standing near a big pile of... something, stones maybe?.
    "HEY! Do you know where I am?"

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12]
    Could have been worse, I guess.
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2016-09-04 at 09:48 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Feb 2015

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Varak does a slow stroll around the stone cairn before turning back to the others.

    "Does anyone know where we are or how we came to be here?"

    While waiting for an answer, he looks back to the mists, trying to see anything through the haze.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+3)[6]

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Brozal Bronzeguard

    Brozal had been lost before. Not like this. This didn't look anything like the area he remembered, but when the opportunity came up to make a quick coin, he thought for sure he remembered the spot. Where have ya gotten yourself this time, ya stupid dwarf, he thinks to himself as the fog starts to clear. A couple figures are in clearing ahead, and he moves carefully, pulling his shortsword in his left hand and a dagger in his right.

    He listens for a moment, then hears the others are as lost as he. Is nobody from around here? He sheathes his sword, but keeps the dagger handy as he steps into the clearing.

    He calls to the others from a distance of 15-20 feet away. "Oi! I'm looking for the Hawkhold Crossing. Do any a ya know the way there from here?"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Feb 2015

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Varak turns to the dwarf and gives him a shrug.

    "Looks like none of us even know where we are, let alone how to get somewhere else," he says while idly twirling a coin between his fingers.

    He inclines his head toward the cairn and looks back toward the dwarf.

    "Wherever we are, it doesn't seem like a friendly, cheerful place."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    A figure appears from the mists. Juliette frowns and looks at the other beings gathered at the crossroads and waves, a mix of concern and friendliness on her face as she says, "Hello there? Does anyone know where we are? I've gotten badly turned around in this damn mist."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Brozal looks at the new arrival. "Yeah, well that makes..." He turns around to count the other people in the intersection, loses track with their moving around, then finally turns back to Juliette in frustration. "Ah geez. That makes a lot of us. How do so many people get lost at one time...cursed mages. It's gotta be some sort o' magic."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Norion counts the people gathered at this crossroads: Himself, that human with the mouse, the dwarf, the newcomer, and the Drow. He very conspicuously does not sheathe his rapier.
    "There's five of us here, Master Dwarf. And if nobody knows where we are, the only question is which way we're going to go from here."

    He turns to face the cairn and scans it for any etchings, cracks, signs, or similar things, then looks back.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Investigation:[roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    Perception:[roll]1d20+6[/roll]
    Edit: Whoops. Guess I'll roll in the OOC.


    "If we're going the same way we ought to know each other. I am Norion Aerlinnor, travelling musician and expert with the bow."
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2016-09-05 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Revised

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Juliette sighs and grumbles, then rubs the back of her head as she says, "Augh, I hate mages." She shakes her head, frowns, and mutters, "As for my name, I'm Juliette."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Brozal Bronzeguard

    Brozal glares around at the trees as if his scowl would separate them and suddenly reveal Hawkhold Crossing. He nods his head slightly and lets out a resigned sigh. "Well, if some mage is going to have a game with us I say we teach him we aren't pieces to move around a board," he says, unconsciously twirling his dagger in his fingers as he looks around.

    "Brozal. Clan Bronzeguard, he says as he joins Norion in the intersection, looking for some clue of where they may be.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Investigation: (d20+5)[9]

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Feb 2015

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Varak nods to Norion, keeping one eye on the rapier, just in case. Surfacers, he thinks. Turning once more to the dwarf, he rubs his chin in a thoughtful gesture.

    "Yes, it would appear some magic has been employed on us. Strange, and somewhat troubling. In any case, here we are and it seems that we should at least attempt to work together to find what has ensorcelled us. My name is Varak, of the House..." He trails off and clears his throat. "Just Varak."

    His face flushes, violet coloring the ebony skin. He turns and checks the crossbow slung over his shoulder, hoping no one noticed the slip.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Lau stayed silent as the group conversed. Ultimately, she was a servant of Mystra, going wherever her goddess asked. If her goddess needed her here, then there was no more to say about it. While they talked, Lau tested her divine power granted to her by her goddess, and swinging her mace a few times. One she was reassured, Lau turned her attention to the group. "I am Lau, cleric of Mystra. Should we continue together to find the answer? It will likely be fascinating."
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Juliette raises her eyebrow at Lau and replies, "If you think this is going to end well for anyone..." She shakes her head and says, "Either way...Not much we can do." She punches a nearby tree out of frustration, shouting angrily, then collects herself and says, "I-I don't even." She shakes her head and kicks the cairn over, halfheartedly hoping for some response.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Brozal looks at Lau when she finally speaks up. He mulls her words over in his head a few times, then his face breaks out in a smile. "Puttin' your faith in a god who died. Not just died, but got her godly behind kicked pretty bad. Now that's ballsy. I like ya already."


    Brozal watches Juliette's outburst, watching her with the expression a parent gives a child throwing a tantrum. "Ya feel better, girl? Ya won't be much good t' anyone if ya go and break your hand before we even know what we're up against."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Estralita View Post
    Lau stayed silent as the group conversed. Ultimately, she was a servant of Mystra, going wherever her goddess asked. If her goddess needed her here, then there was no more to say about it. While they talked, Lau tested her divine power granted to her by her goddess, and swinging her mace a few times. One she was reassured, Lau turned her attention to the group. "I am Lau, cleric of Mystra.
    Norion started in surprise as Lau spoke, but quickly regained his composure.
    "My apologies. I didn't see you."
    Should we continue together to find the answer? It will likely be fascinating."
    "That seems like a good idea... It'll make it harder for the woodland creatures to eat us, at any rate."

    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Juliette raises her eyebrow at Lau and replies, "If you think this is going to end well for anyone..." She shakes her head and says, "Either way...Not much we can do." She punches a nearby tree out of frustration, shouting angrily, then collects herself and says, "I-I don't even." She shakes her head and kicks the cairn over, halfheartedly hoping for some response.
    "Are you all right, Miss Juliette? The best thing to do for now is stay calm and decide which direction we travel."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    Varak nods to Norion, keeping one eye on the rapier, just in case. Surfacers, he thinks. Turning once more to the dwarf, he rubs his chin in a thoughtful gesture.

    "Yes, it would appear some magic has been employed on us. Strange, and somewhat troubling. In any case, here we are and it seems that we should at least attempt to work together to find what has ensorcelled us. My name is Varak, of the House..." He trails off and clears his throat. "Just Varak."

    His face flushes, violet coloring the ebony skin. He turns and checks the crossbow slung over his shoulder, hoping no one noticed the slip.
    Norion looks hard at Varak for a moment, but doesn't say anything.
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2016-09-05 at 04:11 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Juliette glares daggers at Brozal, but replies to Norion, gritting her teeth, "I'm. Fine. I just...Hate being lost in the woods. And I hate people messing with my head."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Lander the Fighter We were brought here by some Withcraft, maybe we can find out why here, by why we?.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Feb 2015

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Varak meets Norion's stare evenly with a raised eyebrow.

    "Something wrong?"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Cairn Crossroads
    Daytime?


    The first few glances made by Norion and Varak reveal little else but the mists that are already present before them, Norion only seeing he vaguest of silhouettes of a mountain range.

    Lander, however, sees something more on the horizon, the silhouettes of angular shapes before that of the mountains behind them. Buildings perhaps? Yet, there is another sensation, that of being watched. You can't tell from where or what this feeling comes from, but you feel it in your gut as the hairs on the back of your neck rise from the sensation. What wonderful place have you all fallen into today?

    As Norion diverts his attention from the lay of the land to the cairn, he discerns nothing of particular note about the stones that form the mound. The blade, as rusted as it is, has the vaguest etchings of a symbol between the cross section of the guard and the blade. It seems to be avian in shape, perhaps the head or skull of some kind of bird. You could have discerned more, if the cairn were not suddenly kicked by the angered and mildly (for a Barbarian) distraught Juliette.

    As Brozal examines the crossroads they are all standing on, he gets the distinct feeling that he's never been here before, as the already obscured lands around him make it difficult to discern anything about the locale.

    I will need everyone to make a perception check.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2016-09-06 at 12:03 AM.
    I've started streaming again.


    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    Varak meets Norion's stare evenly with a raised eyebrow.

    "Something wrong?"
    "...No, it's nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Cairn Crossroads
    Daytime?


    The first few glances made by Norion and Varak reveal little else but the mists that are already present before them, Norion only seeing he vaguest of silhouettes of a mountain range.

    Lander, however, sees something more on the horizon, the silhouettes of angular shapes before that of the mountains behind them. Buildings perhaps? Yet, there is another sensation, that of being watched. You can't tell from where or what this feeling comes from, but you feel it in your gut as the hairs on the back of your neck rise from the sensation. What wonderful place have you all fallen into today?

    As Norion diverts his attention from the lay of the land to the cairn, he discerns nothing of particular note about the stones that form the mound. The blade, as rusted as it is, has the vaguest etchings of a symbol between the cross section of the guard and the blade. It seems to be avian in shape, perhaps the head or skull of some kind of bird. You could have discerned more, if the cairn were not suddenly kicked by the angered and mildly (for a Barbarian) distraught Juliette.

    As Brozal examines the crossroads they are all standing on, he gets the distinct feeling that he's never been here before, as the already obscured lands around him make it difficult to discern anything about the locale.

    I will need everyone to make a perception check.
    "Does anyone else feel like something is watching us?"

    Perception:(1d20+6)[23]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Lander the Fighter
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

    Perception:
    (d20+4)[15]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Brozal looks around the area one more time, his face slightly turned in a look of disgust. "Gah...this place... As Norion mentions as though he is feeling watched, Brozal moves in closer to the group and peers around some more.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception, as requested: (d20+3)[20]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Juliette frowns as she sets down the road in front of her, peering into the mist as she says, "Does anyone see anything?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Feb 2015

    Default Re: TechnOkami Tries DM'ing: Curse of Strahd IC

    Still keeping a cautious eye on Norion, Varak is momentarily distracted, not paying attention to much else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •