New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1435
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Since I suspect the first half of Rater's plotline will be largely between us two, if Rater keeps up the rate at which they've been filling my inbox, it wouldn't surprise me if the villain ends up knocking on the Sanctuary door within a week of the plot starting.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Rater is a he, not a they.

If my preference for playing women and children in RPs is causing confusion, I mostly do it because it helps me keep my thoughts seperate from my characters' thoughts.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Hush or I'll abolish all pronouns from English other than "it".

4. - Top - End - #994

But yeah, we've basically got everything worked out at this point.

Just need to cover Svetlana's Espada placement and the "rest and remember" because it does kind of branch off of the ending of the Gaiden.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, if someone wanted to remove the cross, they wouldn't even be able to get in unless they intended to go in without actually hurting someone.

...I'm going to assume that opening Garganta or Senkaimon within the Sanctuary isn't an option?
    Not unless the Sanctuary allows it, no. Koutarou was actually instructed not to use a direct Senkaimon into Sactuary limits because there was no telling what would happen if the Sanctuary rejected it.

Sneaking in counts as intruding, too, so if for whatever reason the entree has not been authorized to come and go, well.

Also, and it bears repeating because people often visualize it wrong: THE SANCTUARY IS UNDERGROUND. It's not a recognizable landmark in the city. Finding the way to it requires infiltrating the entry points above ground.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #996

I meant "if you're already in, you probably can't use one to get out, right?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, if you're already in, then you can use one to get out, provided you're not trying to take anything without permission.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Actually, if you're already in, then you can use one to get out, provided you're not trying to take anything without permission.
    And since the Sanctuary prevents harm, such as mind control or coercion, you have to actually have permission to take stuff.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #999

While reading some links related to the Dead Cross that Frozen PMed me, I read one ZHE affiliated Quincy claiming that all Quincy Souls are consumed bythe cross(As partof another rant that Frozen claimed was mostly propoganda)

Are we operating on the assumption that this is what happens? Because if it is, that's another deviation from canon--Judging from Mayuri's experiments with Quincies, even Ect Quincy souls passed on as normal unless they were victims of Auswallen or had a Schrift(And even then, it seems that only the Quincy that Yhwach outright killed with Auswallen that are consumed outright--Masaki was depowered and probably would have died, but we know that she was killed and eaten by Grand Fisher immediatly afterward.)

(Of course, if they are passing on then there raises the question of where all the Quincy in Soul Society are, but honestly, an argument could be made that most of the Quincy, or at least most of the qunicy who were killed by Shinigami, might have ended up in Hell if they werrent abrobed into the cross.Yhwach/whatever.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think that was ever so much as openly debated, so I'm gonna go with a no.

If memory serves, one of the people most heavily involved in the ZHE plot was Dorizzit. So you could ask him for confirmation on one end. I think Frozen was the mastermind behind the Cross aspect, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1001

Got bored. Gave a preview of my storyline.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I kind of asked you guys to run that by me. I'm trying to make this game reach a healthy conclusion here. If we can add some more along the way so much the better, but let's not get crazy adding stuff to it. That's one of the reasons these games never finish properly.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1003

I don't want to give too much away, but this storyline doesn't really add anything that wasn't either in this game or something from canon that was alluded to.

Honestly, as of now lot of it is Frozen and I wrapping up some loose ends(and giving an excuse to get characters together) so that what-ever conclusion story can go off smoothly.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1005

From where I'm sitting, there's maybe one or two things that might be questionable--I've got a handwave prepared for one and the other one is a handwave and won't even come up if people don't ask about the thing its handwaving.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Apologies for the double post, but I've got all of the relevant posts I've made in this thread in regards to the plotline(barring the recent discussion about the cross and the Sanctuary, and the bit about the Lght Novel'opening th epossibiltity of Fullbringers having pieces of the Soul King, which I dropped at Frozen's request.)
    So, after spending a couple of days talking with Frozen, I've got an idea for a story, one that could either be filler or like, actually get people together for the End game we're building towards, depending on how it goes.

First: Most of the "ways Sarah's powers could develop" stuff I've posted previously no-longer works and is getting thrown out.

Second: I'm planning to set up an Antagonist character for this story. I've got a set of abilities that they possess that I'd like to post for approval.

Spoiler: Abillities For Antagonist
    Show
    Reiryoku and Reiatsu: X has spiritual power and pressure roughly comparable to an unusually powerful Menos Grande. Their energy has the properties of a Hollow's energy and their spiritual pressure invokes feelings of madness and rage.

Superhuman Strength: X can lift thousands of pounds with a casual effort with blows to match.

Superhuman Speed: All of X's movements and senses can be safely pushed to at least four times that of the finest human athletes before applying high-speed movement techniques with which they have a great deal of proficiency with.

Superhuman Toughness: X is highly durable, possessing a toughness in excess of what is needed for them to withstand their speed and strength: Treat them as having a Hierro equivalent to an Adjucha-level Arrancar for purposes of resisting damage.

Hand to Hand combat: Moderately proficient in a loose style that consists mostly of punching, arm grabs, and dirty fighting.

Telekinesis: X possesses the ability to use their spiritual power to manipulate physical objects.

Psychometry: X can read the pasts of objects by touching them.

Zanjutsu: Moderately proficient in a fluid style that draws clear elements from both Japanese Kendo and European fencing, though when particularly frustrated they default to something more akin to an ape brandishing a stick.

Zanpakuto: Name to be revealed when Character is.
    Shikai Ability: The Shikai is absurdly durable and can cut anything that has physical presence. IfX cuts someone or something with spiritual power or other supernatural effects, they can drain that power to increase their reserves or energy. From anything that is "alive" be a mortal or spirit, X can drain some of their vitality to heal their own wounds or replenish lost stamina. X claims to be able to permanently increase their power and steal and consume souls via an application of this ability, but at this time it is unknown if they're being truthful.
    Bankai: Name to be revealed.
    Effect: the Zanpakuto becomes two massive blades resembling heavy slabs of metal shaped into rough blades with sharpened points and edges, though these weapons are far too big to be called swords. They have no crossguard due to the foot and a half wide blade being wide enough to serve that purpose. The hilts are two feet long and from pommel to tip, the blades are seven feet long. One is wielded in each hand and X is cloaked in a robe of billowing shadow. In this form, X's physical attributes and reiryoku are multiplied tenfold. In addition to the properties of the Shikai, the Bankai can cut things that lack physical presence, such as the dimensional barrier created by Garganta, or certain energy effects or knows where it is. In addition, the robe of shadow devours any focused spiritual effect directed against X, converting most Kido, Ceros and Balasa, and even some Elemental releases into raw reiryoku which is added to X's reserves.
    Not nessesarily meant to be a final boss, but thanks.
    @KD: Been meaning to ask you; On a scale of one to ten, how concerning would Masamune find it if someone broke into the Academy and stole and unclaimed Asauchi for unknown reasons while he was in the Seireitei?
    A thought?

Do we really need separate Spirit World and Living World threads anymore, since there are so few active players currently?

Asking in the interest of keeping a future story simple.
    I may be planning something that invovles the mortal world and it may end up happening before then unless the Spirit World Pace suddenly picks up considerably.
    Yay!

I get to reference a bleach Meme for the first time since joining this game.

*clear's throat.*

"Since when were you under the illusion that the appearance of Sarah's disembodied soul was a transformation?"
    And some stuff regarding what might be involved in the Storyline.
    Here's the thing.

Sarah's soul has been partly hollowfied for her entire life, due to the unique quirk of reincarnation having to do with Anim-manĝanta Diablo-Reĝino having not been purified when she re-entered its cycle.

She wasn't quite a Fullbringer, but her soul is hungry. It was this hunger that drew the leftover reiryoku and reishi from the mass-hollow attack that destroyed her home town into her and gave her the power to forge the armor--the source of protection--that she so desperately desired. It was this hunger that continued to pull spiritual energy of any kind to strengthen that armor. That called to like and allowed her armor to take on the form of a Hollow as a direct consequence of being submerged in the oppressive environment of Hueco Mundo.

It was there from the beginning. Despite their partly hollowfied nature, despite Sarah's beliefs, Fullbring is purely the domain of Human Souls--rare is it, the Fullbringer who can draw forth the true Hollow powers within them.

And yet... Sarah's Reiatsu has always felt almost purely Hollow. Her reiryoku has the properties of a Hollow's.

In a normal Fullbringer, the hollow taint, the infection, the damage, the mutation of the soul... it's relatively superficial.

In Sarah... The hollowfication goes down to the deepest reaches of her soul

Despite Sarah's thoughts, this state is not a cosmetic effect of the dream delusion.

But it's not a transformation or some special quirk.

Sarah's soul has always looked like this. She's always worn the mask of the Soul Eating Devil Queen, if only within the confines of her own soul.
    The girl reaches out and pulls the blade from the ground.

She takes it in her hands, turns it over, and starts examining the blade. She uses her fullbring on it.

Dependent on how much control the arrancar has, on how much energy he has, and how connected he is to the blade, the Arrancar might feel a tug n his spiritual power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The Arrancar puts its hands behind its back and regards Sarah calmly. If it had a human mouth, it would smile. It's curious to see if Sarah can do the same thing as its master did - namely, to unseal the blade and assume its Resurreccion herself.

To Sarah, the blade almost seems to come to life under her touch. It feels as if there are people inside it... a huge crowd of people, all holding breath in anticipation, waiting to hear her say the right words.
    There's some missing context for this next bit,but I was hitting the limits on how many posts yu can have quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "I want nothing. He wants to give you his sword", the Arrancar replies, nodding towards the wounded Hollow. The Hollow carrying it sets it down and third supports it so it can remove its sheathed sword from its waist.
    ("He" being Sarah's stalker.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1007

So... If Koutarou is a Kamen Rider, does that make the seemingly totalitarian Shinigami of this world S.H.O.C.K.E.R.?

(Shockergami? Shinocker?)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

No, because I don't watch Kamen Rider, the only actual Kamen Rider reference in the entire thread is Koutarou himself, and the closest thing to Kamen Rider that inspired me is Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-03-13 at 01:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Orc in the Playground

So... If Koutarou is a Kamen Rider, does that make the seemingly totalitarian Shinigami of this world S.H.O.C.K.E.R.?

(Shockergami? Shinocker?)
    Hmmm... arguably only if Frozen's equivalent to Kyubey looks like a red reskin of the KKK.

EDIT: I am now amused by the thought of the Captain of Medlog looking like a vampire and whomever they have as the equivalent to an ambassador looking like a mix of a cockroach and a pharaoh.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2019-03-13 at 05:46 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1010

For the record, Zaraki Nasumi being a loose piece of the "friendly" sin Rostra that went "Viper" on SS, at least as far as the Gaiden Thread is concerned, is something I figured out ages ago.

Sarah asked if it was the "pink-haired girl in the Miko's outfit" was an attempt of mine to make that known in-universe: At the time, the vision of her Koutarou was seeing was dressed in a Shinigami Uniform but with a red belt/sash.

The standard uniform is a white belt/sash. Shinigami Uniform with red belt/Sash is consistently how the component souls of the Sin rostra are said to be dressed when the Sin Rostra use their resurrection and split.

I'm reasonably certain that this might be the case in the main thread, or at the very least she's the "kid" soul that got burned purified but with leftover influence--Notably, her potential Zanpakuto Spirit is an Ouroboros, which is a recurring theme with both Mikael and the Sin Rostra, and the mountain from the Frozen Sea in her inner-world which is likewise.

On that topic: Shen Yi was last seen having been eaten by one o the Sin Rostra, one who implicitly gained whatever knowledge Shen Yi had regarding the forging of Zanpakuto based on how it either replaced Senshi's zanpakuto or reforged it into one that made Senshi into a visored.

so... Basically, everyone who's been "messing" with the PCs in the Gaiden Thread is either Mikael or a piece of a Sin Rostra.

The only thing missing is a Snake-Shoulder/Wolf-Mask Hollow making sexually charged comments to Sarah and trying to give her its sword for reasons that make sense to it but that Sarah is confused by.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

The above is mostly correct.

22. - Top - End - #1012

So, I think we're waiting on KD in spirit world.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Is Blood Cresent a reference to Getsuga Jūjishō the way Luna Crescenta is to Getsuga Tensho?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. (Though it's just the same attack done twice in rapid succession.)

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

Frozen, I'm pretty sure I should have written this in Koutarou's (horribly outdated) statblock, but his defensive eletromagnetic field is not, in fact, based on a REAL electromagnetic field, because I'm not a physicist and I only have passing knowledge of how those work. It's not based off ferromagnetism, but rather interaction between spirit particles. That's how he's able to deflect spell blasts with the thing. Sorry if I wasn't more clear before.

Kudos on using Koutarou's momentum against him, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

You have mentioned it before; as before, I'm bringing it up in the narrative to highlight how & why it makes calling his abilities "electro-magnetic" a bunch of misleading BS. Because *I* do know how magnets work.

It's not a big point or anything, but I'd suggest that you drop pointless references to physical principles and just use soft spe-fi terms like "force field" or "energy shield" in the future.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

I'll call it whatever the bloody hell I want. It's a repellant field that is formed from bloody electricity essentially interacting with itself. The name is just as appropriate as its function.

Perhaps more to the point, its functioning principle is essentially MAGIC, not physics. If we start using actual physics in a game that runs on effin' spirits fighting each other with sentient swords the bloody universe implodes.

Now consider the following - for every time I used "bloody" that wasn't me being 'british'.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1018

This is a reality where a certain subset of people can make solid concrete act as a trampoline for a few seconds by asking it nicely.

Physics is out the window.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Bleach is no stranger to mixing science in with it's magic and pseudo-physics. That's neither the issue nor the point; the issue is that calling a magic force field "electro-magnetic" creates a false expectation of it actually having something to do with electro-magnetism, and the point is that if you don't want to invoke known physical principles, you can just call it a magic force field from beginning to end.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Orc in the Playground

And yet I choose not to, because calling it something that it's not but still fits in with the thematics of the power at hand is perfectly valid, we've done it before.

See how that works?

- - - Updated - - -

This is a reality where a certain subset of people can make solid concrete act as a trampoline for a few seconds by asking it nicely.

Physics is out the window.
    Perhaps more to the point, this is a reality where if someone had a lightsaber, it would not pop someone like a balloon but would act like a lightsaber would.

For that matter, a lightsaber:

1) Does not exhibit properties of solid light, but rather something more akin to plasma
    2) Is not called a "plasma saber"
    3) Isn't really a saber on account of it lacking the aesthetical qualities of one (curved edge, a handguard, being actually used on horseback...)

The amount of energy required to make a photon solid is so great that breaking a lightsaber in half should have the properties of a multi-megaton explosion. The electromagnetic fields it would ALSO require would tear the user apart by ripping the iron molecules out of their very blood. The amount of heat that would generate would make a tanning bulb look like a lone candle underneath a starless, moonless sky.

But everyone is fine with calling it a lightsaber.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show