New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

"They say that this isn't just a war anymore; it's the war. It's the last one that really matters, and the last one that will ever matter."

~ Anonymous Shinigami trooper, Killed-in-Action by Low-Level Hollow.

50 years ago, following the most ferocious assault on the Seireitei in history, the Menos vanished. Those few not slaughtered retreated back into the wastes of Hueco Mundo, licking their wounds and struck with an unshakeable fear of the Gods of Death. Their sworn enemies routed, the Shinigami slowly relaxed their guards as the final battle gave way to apparent peace, a true victory. Over sized and under worked, the Gotei 13 diminished to the Gotei 6 as the threat of the Menos seemed ever more distant every day. Many of the older captains left for retirement or were called to Squad Zero, as their presence was no longer required.

Then, the Menos struck again.

Under the command of a new, more patient leader, the Menos raised a great city, Las Noches, from the sands of Hueco Mundo, building their strength. For fifty years, they watched. Waited. Prepared. And when the time came, they struck. The forces of Las Noches ravaged the Outer Districts of the Rukongai, slaughtering their inhabitants and annihilating the Shinigami forces sent to stop them. Caught unawares against the mightiest army sent against them in more than a millennium, the Shinigami found themselves on the losing end of a vicious war.

And yet, the Menos themselves were not so united as they seemed. On the precipice of victory, Dainichi Nyoria, the Hollow King, was struck down by his foremost warrior, the Primera Espada Jehoel Yurius, and the war was pulled to a sudden halt. The Espada, now the ruling council of Las Noches, offered the Seireitei an unprecedented deal: peace in exchange for cooperation and recognition. Baffled, but with few other viable options, the Shinigami accepted the truce offered by Las Noches, and the Gotei has begun working with the Armada in order to purify spirits when possible and capture the resulting Hollows for rehabilitation when not. Despite concerns from both sides, the arrangement has thus far proven highly effective.

Yet, all is not well.

In the Seireitei, the former Captain Commander revealed herself to be an insane being of godlike power, claiming her identity as Izanami, one of the founders of the Seireitei...and the first Hollow. After her latest outburst she has remained dormant for weeks in her creation, the artificial arm of Hiraku Masaru, but it is only a matter of time before she acts once more.

The Mortal World, too, has its share of troubles. The Cult of the First Hollow King is rising in power; the Court is nearly freed in its entirety, and only the King himself remains in captivity. Any attempt to combat the Cult has been a dismal failure, and they have eluded capture or defeat by both the Shinigami and the Armada despite staging a daring attack on the Seireitei itself. The King's freedom seems inevitable; and from there, only the Cult itself knows what is to come.

The Quincy, too, stand divided. While they know not the details, the existence of the Shinigami-Arrancar alliance is becoming obviously clear to the various houses, and all have a different idea of how to proceed. After a daring assassination by the scheming Moto clan, the Akiyama clan has been decapitated and weakened, removing the restraining bolt that has kept the Quincy clans peaceful. Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung, a violent human supremacist group, has arisen to prominence. At the same time, the resilient Anderson clan has entered into the alliance with Las Noches and the Seireitei, and Civil War has been all but declared. Although vastly outnumbered, the Andersons possess the backing of both the Armada and the Court Guard squads, along with an ace: the Seichten Streiks, a prototype bow allowing them to purify their enemies.

Mikael Esaja Rautiainen, perhaps the most powerful Medium in history, has gone to Las Noches. The actions of the disillusioned medium remain to be seen, but when he acts...the world will be forced to answer in turn.

Meanwhile, the city of Ikari has become an astonishing cluster of promising Mediums. And they might just change the course of history...if they can survive the endless assaults of Alpha-1, the Quincy superweapon that has taken control of their friend.

More recently, Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung's assault on Las Noches ended in disaster, necessitating a surrender by the survivors before they could flee to earth. Who would have guessed Von Geister himself would arrive at their welcoming party?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Bleach in the Playground: Renewed Revolution.

A few things before we begin.

You may be:

• A Shinigami.
    • A Hollow.
    • A spiritually powered mortal.

Here is an example of a low-powered foot soldier.

John Smith
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: Average.
    Weight: Average.
    Side: Seireitei.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

The most generic of everymen.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As generic as generic can get.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

John is handy with a pike, and has some talent with Kido. Overall, he's pretty average.

[Write a bunch of stuff your character can do here. The more specific the better!]

Race Specific Add-ons:[spoiler]
    Shinigami
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Example

Name: Muramasa

Release Command: "March, Muramasa!"

Appearance: An average sized katana, with a blade as black as the night sky. It faintly glints in the moonlight.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: The blade does not change, but the wielder gains a spectral cloak that floats around him/her.

Abilities: The wielder can now control up to eight nearby dead bodies, manipulating them to his/her will. The bodies retain full use of their abilities from life, and only stop when the wielder releases them from their tormented awakening.

Bankai: <NOTE: Most likely not applicable for anyone, even captains. You're a wartime Captain, a rapid promotion who has no real experience.>
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:

Abilities:

Arrancar:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Example

Name: Carpe Jugulum

Release Command: "Strike, Carpe Jugulum!"

Appearance: A small but sinister looking dagger.

Resurreccion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: The wielder is covered in armor, his/her eyes only barely visible beneath their new, three horned mask. They grow to a massive size, and their hands and feet can now work in unison in order to strike an opponent.

Abilities: The wielder has an exceedingly keen eye, able to strike with uncanny accuracy. They most often focus on the throat.

Segunda Etapa: <NOTE: Rare Rare Rare. Very few people can have this, unless they justify it really well.>
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:

Abilities:

Da Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.
    Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
    Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
    Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

1. Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
      Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. TALK major fights over with your opponent!
      This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
    3. Don't argue in the OOC!
      They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Shamelessly stolen from our last OOC write-up, which was better than anything original I could have done.

Important Links
    •Previous OOC thread
    •IC Thread (Spirit World), IC Thread (Mortal World)
    •Character Registry

A summary of the plot by Kuroimaken

Episodes:
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 8
    Episode 9
    Episode 10

Gaiden
    Gaiden Episode 1
    Gaiden Episode 2
    Gaiden: Waiting for the punchline/ W is not for Double!
    Episode from Hell: the Ripper
    One Terror
    Beachdown Apocalypse
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-03-07 at 03:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Derp! Derp! Derp!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Reposting in case people missed this. Any comments?

Zaraki Nasumi
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 157 cm (5'2")
    Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs)
    Station: Soon-to-be Academy student

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nasumi is a thin young girl who's yet to grow to her full height. She's recently been issues with the Academy uniform for girls in anticipation of her starting her studies. The most unusual thing about her is her hair and eye color. Her hair is bright magenta, apparently naturally. Her right eye is golden while her left is blue. Often looks curious or oblivious, depending on who is asked.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nasumi is mostly driven by her curiosity towards her new environment. She loves cute animals, such as wolves, crocodiles, elephants, crows and wasps. She loves ghost and horror stories, considering them great comedy - it's just sad how the "cuddly beasties" often die at the end.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thousands of people arrive in Rukongai each day from all over the world. Some people are weirder than others. Nasumi is definitely an outlier. She arrived in Soul Society only a week ago or so, with no recollection of her past life or even a name. The Shinigami responsible for assigning her new place of living gave her her name on the spot, based on few letters she could remember. The lottery draw placed her in Zaraki district, but since said district was among those destroyed, she was left wandering in the less rowdy districts. She heard Seireitei had food, and that they'd let her in if she demonstrated spiritual power. So she tagged along a bunch of older Pluses and took the Academy entry exam. She's slated to start studying as a Shinigami once enough people for a new class have arrived.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Curious about what big creature might live in the big tent just outside the Academy, she sneaked in to investigate during her first night in Seireitei. She was sorely disappointed there were no elephants there.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

High Reiryoku: Nasumi has large reserves of spiritual energy. As she has no training in Shinigami arts, this has yet to manifest in any useful form.

Cook from Hell: Nasumi likes food and likes cooking. No-one else likes her food or cooking, because she has very peculiar ideas of what makes food worth eating. Her few experiences with Academy food have made her conclude it's bland, and would be much improved by adding chili, salty liquorice and copious amounts of sugar in it. Keep her away from the kitchen.

Friend to all things: Nasumi's spiritual energy and pressure have a peculiar effect on animals. They tend to ignore her presence or consider her harmless. Nasumi exploits this trait to get near all sorts of cute animals and pet them. This effect extends to less smart Hollows as well, an anomaly as her high Reiryoku should make her especially appealing, but somehow fails to do so.

Spoiler: Potential abilities
    Show
    Zanpakuto: Shinkagenja 実化賢者
    Description: Unknown.
    Spirit: Shinkagenja's spirit is a humongous, serpentine dragon coiled in a vast black cage in the heart of the mountain, chewing its own tail in frustration. It's eyes are like gates to the fires of hell, and it's scales glimmer in thousand sickening colors when light is cast upon it.
    Inner World: A black mountain rising from a frozen sea amidst eternal darkness, with forests of dead trees dotting the mountainside. Inside of the mountain is riddled with dark tunnels and caverns, twisted black vines decorating the walls. They seem aware and possessing of some malicious intent, and they reach forward to entangle passersby when they're not looking. Nasumi's opinion on them is that "they tickle", and she considers them rather funny.

Shikai: Release command unknown
    Power(s): The basic effect of the blade is relatively benign on the surface: it alters dangerous substances so that they're less so. Contaminated water is purified, volatile chemicals become stable and toxins become inert. This makes such substances safe to handle, even to consume. This has lot of mundane uses in laboratory work, medicine or handling waste. This effect applies to the user's body and emanates some distance from them as a field, ranging from 1 to 10 meters in radius.

However, there are many non-obvious side-effects this power can have. As it allows consumption of things normally unfit for such, the user can incorporate unusual materials in their body and have it form chemical bonds normally unseen in living beings. In other words: beware of poisonous spit or radioactive blood. The more obvious way to utilize it for chaos and mayhem is to use it for carrying around high explosives and other normally unsafe materials.

Bankai: Sekai wo musaboru Bakemono 「世界を貪る化物」
    Power(s): The user's teeth become harder than diamond and impossibly sharp, their jaw becomes impossibly strong. They also become able to eat anything, one mouthful at a time. No exceptions. Nom nom.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Will she even have the time to develop from student to Captain-level in the time she has left?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-09-06 at 12:36 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Define "time she has left".

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Well, we ARE kind of headed for the endgame here. I don't think the story is going to last a year by this point. Sure, holidays are coming up, but that's not for another three months...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

I need to stop doing things I need to apologize for.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Well, we ARE kind of headed for the endgame here. I don't think the story is going to last a year by this point. Sure, holidays are coming up, but that's not for another three months...
    Well, with the issues we continually have with slower posting rates, people being away for stretches of time, etc., I myself am hesitant to put a timeframe on it. But in-game, I don't see why it wouldn't be a few in-game months, at most, before we've resolved all of the existent plotlines.
    I mean, yeah, we can keep introducing stuff, sure. And certainly we can do what we can to keep folks from having to just sit back and wait.
    But there comes a point where you do need to finish the story...

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    I need to stop doing things I need to apologize for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post
    No idea! But probably?

I can tell you this for sure, though. I'm really looking forward to KD's response and the (hopefully not so) eventual handing off of Nuala to the library. After that, I'm looking forward to interacting with Draken and Nicklance... it feels like there's quite a bit of story we could get up to!
    Apologies for the delay in posting, but holiday weekend and all that.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Just noting my tendency to apologize for every late post. And how it's rapidly becoming my catch phrase.

Show
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

You need to jazz it up if it's going to be a catchphrase.

Spoiler
    Show

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DERP HERPDERP

Hi, new thread. Good to see you. *feels dumb*

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Ammutseba, if you want Kazuki to have that chat, he can knock on Vern's door anytime.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

It will be tonight. :)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dorizzit, are you cool with Masaru (who happens to be there to get his hands treated for minor injuries) seeing Jehoel bringing Koutarou in and immediately objecting?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Please do. That sounds hilarious.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

I finally found an accurate way to sum up the Tachibana situation;

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay. Insulation is in the house. We have some rugs down until we can get carpet, and we have internet again. Next big projects are drywall and plumbing, but nothing that will render us bereft of wifi in the foreseeable future.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm waiting for Nicklance in the episode.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

And I'm waiting on Castus in SW.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm waiting for Nicklance in the episode.
    Apologies and noted. Was hospitalized.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Yikes. Hope you're all better now, Nick.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah better, waiting for the driver to respond to my lawyer's letter.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

I was wondering if something had happened to you. Too bad I was right.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Strawbs, are you perchance waiting on me in the Geister manor scene?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'll post this weekend FF, I'll be discharged.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Waiting for riccaru to post with Robin, Ammutseba to post with Nuala and Kazuki, and Nicklance to post with Jack. And I would be pleased to see something from cardrian with Torahiko as well.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem.

Considering there's probably no "take your daughter to work" day in Seireitei, this might be a tough proposition, but let's discuss it further in OOC.
    Oh, that's simple enough. Setsurou goes to work, Suguri follows him without his permission to see what's going on. Then a hollow attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

That's especially difficult on three accounts.

1) She'd need help sneaking around Setsurou. (Maybe Katsurou could help?)
    2) Seireitei has surveillance cameras pretty much 24/7, so sooner or later someone'd notice. (Sooner rather than later, probably.)
    3) Right now, Soul Society cannot be invaded by Hollows because access to voidspace (the space they travel through when using Garganta) has been cut.

So we'll have to figure something else out.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

That's especially difficult on three accounts.

1) She'd need help sneaking around Setsurou. (Maybe Katsurou could help?)
    2) Seireitei has surveillance cameras pretty much 24/7, so sooner or later someone'd notice. (Sooner rather than later, probably.)
    3) Right now, Soul Society cannot be invaded by Hollows because access to voidspace (the space they travel through when using Garganta) has been cut.

So we'll have to figure something else out.
    Well, if I've learned one thing from TV, it's that security cameras never work on small children.

And I was partially kidding about the hollow. I was thinking it could be nice to show that, yes, she can actually be an asset in battle (early warning, actually pretty strong, etc.), but that's not completely necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show