New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Yes and no. It hinges on whether Sarah's transformation is/was cosmetic or not, which you need to specify yourself in your next post, since it's you who decided she ought to at least apparently become a Hollow.

If it's a genuine tranformation, then yes, Sarah's body should've died the moment she turned from a walrus into her current form.

If it's cosmetic, it's her lingering connection to her body that has kept it in not-quite-dead state, and she could return to her body.

So there could be a small wrinkle in there, but that can be attributed to Sarah leaving her body in a highly non-standard way.

But again: it's phrased as question in the narrative because it's you who need to answer it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

Yay!

I get to reference a bleach Meme for the first time since joining this game.

*clear's throat.*

"Since when were you under the illusion that the appearance of Sarah's disembodied soul was a transformation?"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #903

I found a summary of the first two Choose your own World Novels.

You know, if anyone's interested.

I'm honestly curious about the Nail and Chain of the Soul King bits.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that's a much better checklist than what I was using, if I feel like using more stuff from those as inspiration.

5. - Top - End - #905

Honestly, I'm also a bit fascinated that a filler character(Muramasa) is in a canon storyline that simultaneous invalidates the original filler arc while bringing the fridge horror from it up to 11.

The same place I found that checklist also had a summary for the third novel, but it's actual text rather than an image.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

On another note, I didn't feel like cluttering the narration with this because Sarah wouldn't yet know any of this, but some reasons why Sarah's logic in "Mikael has fullbrought living beings, so it's possible to fullbring living people!" is flawed:

Spoiler: boring trivia
    Show
    1) when Mikael used his powers on Tamaki and Naito, he had their consent. He has never used that power on a resisting person.

2) Mikael has not, at any point, demonstrated ability to simply push living souls out of their bodies. Tamaki's and Naito's out-of-body experiences resulted from them being both physically and spiritually broken down to their component parts.

From these two, we can see what Mikael did bears no resemblance to what Sarah was trying to do.

Jehoel's case was different, because Mikael never used his powers on Jehoel directly. Instead, he asked for Jehoel to give him his Zanpakuto and used that to assume Jehoel's Resurreccion. Everything else followed from that.

The Sin Rostro were even more different, because they were not living humans, they were mindless and Mikael imbued them with power, rather than trying to overpower them.

None of this means what Sarah was trying to do is impossible, but it's also not something you need fullbringing for in the first place. If you are spiritually more powerfull than the target, like Hollows are when compared to normal humans, it's just a matter of using enough force. Or, if you're a Shinigami, the matter of using the right tools.

However, we see with Tatsuki that the level of power differential can get pretty extreme before removing a resisting person's soul becomes easy. When Yammy and Ulquiorra were introduced, Yammy uses Gonzui to draw Tatsuki's class mates' souls out of their bodies and into his gut en masse. However, Tatsuki resists. At that point, Tatsuki has barely enough power to fend off a normal Hollow, while Yammy is an Espada-class Arrancar.

Then there's, of course, X-cution versus Gotei Captains. The Shinigami vastly outclass the Fullbringers, but at no point are the spirits of the Fullbringers easily pushed out. We see some of them as spirits later on, but only after their bodies underwent lethal injuries.

7. - Top - End - #907

You know, the girl with the "Chain of the soul King'" has powers thatare just "Universal Fullbring up to 11."

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it sounds like Mikael.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #908

Summary of the Third Volume of Can't Fear Your Own World, by the same guy as the first part, but this one's not in a convinient single image so I had to copy/paste
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the past, Tokinada killed Kakyō, claiming another friend of hers was her secret lover who attacked him.

Kakyō's zanpakutō was also called Suzumushi, with the same release command, which Kaname inherited from her.

Back in present day, Shunsui directly confronts Tokinada.

We learn Byakuya & Tōshirō were sent to Earth earlier to investigate the unusual phenomena there.

Tokinada has protected himself from being tried for any crime, and can easily manipulate evidence against him.

A part of Tokinada's plan is also to simply reveal the existence of the afterlife to the humans on Earth.

Meanwhile, Shinji's bankai inverted the sense of friend-and-foe across the horde of huge-hollows he faced alone.

"Bankai, Sakashima Yokoshima Happōfusagari!" (Image)

逆様邪八宝塞

"Reversed Evil Eight Treasure Blockade"

The huge-hollows brutally killed each other, while the flower construct of Shinji's bankai protected him.

His bankai is useless against an enemy one-on-one, and is best used against multiple enemies at once.

Meanwhile, TSUKISHIMA and GINJŌ fail to attack Aura with their swords, as she can make herself intangible.

GINJŌ wishes he was better at kidō.

Yukio revealed he helped Aura to construct their replica of the Royal Palace for Tokinada.

Aura's father, Tenshiyo AGATA, was one of the fullbringers originally allied with GINJŌ in the past.

Tenshiyo was among the group of fullbringers assassinated by the shinigami that GINJŌ killed in retaliation.

TSUKISHIMA uses Book of the End to insert himself into Yukio's past, hoping to undo any potential brainwashing.

However, what TSUKISHIMA learns from Yukio's past, compels him to use Book of the End on GINJŌ and Giriko too.

Meanwhile, Shūhei finally is transported to the replica of the Royal Palace Throne Room, and encounters Hikone.

Spiritual-matter in the atmosphere makes it hard to sense who is nearby.

But Kenpachi's spiritual-pressure stands out.

Shūhei and Hikone briefly debate the philosophy of justice and evil.

Shūhei fails to bind Hikone with a kidō, before Hikone paralyses Shūhei via his soul's pressure points.

Hikone escapes the throne room to battle the shinigami below.

Meanwhile, Shunsui attempts to attack Tokinada from the shadows until Hikone arrives.

Hikone's ominous spiritual-pressure has vastly increased since his last battle, and the entire alliance are on edge.

Shunsui battles Tokinada alone, while Hikone battles the alliance.

Hikone calls out a new, third, release command, and conjures another large hollow as big as a small house:

"Hatch the deceased, Ikomikidomoe!"

It is as large as an adjuchas, but more powerful than a vastolorde, or even a vastolorde arrancar.

Hikone then fires a Cero-arrow via a quincy bow, strengthened by Blut-Arterie.

The allied arrancar charge forward to attack, and all release their zanpakutō's resurreccións.

Kenpachi wants to fight Grimmjow when this is all over.

HARRIBEL comments that Ikomikidomoe is an ancient hollow sealed within the zanpakutō in the past.

Ikomikidomoe charges up and fires wide-ranging spiritual-energy blast, damaging everyone and the entire area.

HARRIBEL blocks with a barrier of water, the quincies block with Blut-Vene, Nanao blocks with a bakudo, etc.

Meanwhile, Shunsui and Tokinada continue to fight and taunt one another.

It was a secret from the nobles that Shunsui was hiding the Ise family's Shinken Hakkyōken.

Shunsui is relieved to know that Tokinada was not involved in Nanao's mother's death.

Shunsui has a new shikai game called Yubikiri:

During the game, Shunsui is not able to lie, but if Shunsui's opponent lies once, their fingers get paralysed.

If they lie twice, their whole body feels like it's getting crushed by a fist.

If they lie three times, they feel unimaginable pain as if they are being stabbed from the inside out.

Shunsui makes Tokinada reveal that Kuten Kyōkoku is not the full release of the Tsunayashiro family zanpakutō:

And Kuten Kyōkoku is not the true full name either, as it's Enrakyoten.

"Sip from the four seas; the heavenly shores entwine. Equally duplicate ten thousands; and sharpen, Enrakyoten!"

艶羅鏡典

"Law of the Bewitching Lucid Mirror"

Similar to how Yumichika's Ruri'iro Kujaku is released under the false name of Fuji Kujaku.

Kuten Kyōkoku is likely a deliberate reference to Katen Kyōkotsu on Tokinada's part.

Shunsui had stabbed Tokinada in the back, but Tokinada pulled away and kicked Shunsui away

Upon release, Enrakyoten's guard and blade shone brightly like a mirror, briefly disorientating Shunsui.

Tokinada's body, but not clothes, recovered from the damage that Shunsui inflicted, as if there was no damage at all.

Meanwhile, Aura & Yukio oversee the battles from a digital sub-space, before heading over to Shūhei.

Meanwhile, fuelled by his desire to become King, Grimmjow and Ikomikidomoe banter, before launching into battle.

Meanwhile, Shūhei resists the call of Kazeshini within the inner world of his zanpakutō.

Shūhei eventually stands in the throne room alone, realising he has no direct way out.

Aura arrives to briefly talk with Shūhei. Leaving him with a cryptic, bewildering message, and a way out.

Meanwhile, Ikomikidomoe battles the arrancar, while Hikone battles the quincies.

Hikone has the upper-hand until Kenpachi arrives to take over battling Hikone alone, being the first to draw blood.

Ikkaku and Yumichika discover Shūhei is in the throne room above them.

We also learn the origin of Ikomikidomoe:

Thousands of years ago, Ikomikidomoe was originally one of the first adjuchas in Hueco Mundo.

Unlike other hollows, he had the ability to retain the spiritual-pressure of hollows he consumed.

Eventually he accumulated enough power to rival vastolorde arrancar such as Barragan.

Years later, after battling YAMAMOTO and the shinigami, Ikomikidomoe had even consumed the Soul King.

Ikomikidomoe ascended to the skies above Soul Society, before Ichibē & Ōetsu sealed him as a zanpakutō.

Ikomikidomoe has the traits of a gillian, adjuchas, and vastolorde.

Dordonii mentions that Nel took his spot as the 3rd Espada.

Luppi was possibly a Privaron Espada alongside Dordonii, Cirucci, and Gantenbainne?

Dordonii banters with Nel, before releasing his resurrección.

Both both he and HARRIBEL merge a tornado of wind & water surrounding Ikomikidomoe.

Ikomikidomoe blasts a Cero through it, before Cirucci and Charlotte also release their resurreccións.

Cirucci, Nel, and Charlotte all then launch consecutive attacks at Ikomikidomoe, with Nel blinding him.

The Privaron Espada have had their power greatly enhanced by both Szaelaporro and Mayuri.

Charlotte surrounds Ikomikidomoe in a black rose bush which drains its spiritual-energy.

Ikomikidomoe attempts to leap into the air to flee, but Meninas appears and punches him back down.

Ikomikidomoe also attempted to conjure copies of itself to escape in to the air.

But Liltotto ate the conjured copies of Ikomikidomoe as they appeared.

Candice and Giselle fire an array of arrows and lightning bolts to surround the area and strike Ikomikidomoe.

Bambietta then clicks her fingers and the arrows surrounding Ikomikidomoe explode.

NaNaNa spent his time observing the battle in order to paralyse Ikomikidomoe via its own spiritual-pressure.

Grimmjow and Luppi take this opportunity to fire a Desgarron and Gran Rey Cero respectively.

Meanwhile, Hikone senses the battle below and leaves the battle with Kenpachi.

Kenpachi allows him to leave due to the promise of a bankai or resurrección.

Ikomikidomoe is severely injured but standing. Grimmjow prepares to fire a Gran Rey Cero, but is halted by Hikone.

Hikone calls out true name of Ikomikidomoe:

"Ikomikidomoe Hōōraku Hakkei."

已己巳己巴 鳳落八景

"Eight picturesque views of the Fenghuang's fall."

Hikone now had black robes, a hollow-like face, arrancar-like skin, and black splotches appeared on the sword.

Ikomikidomoe was able to now unlock the hidden depths of Hikone's true spiritual-pressure.

Hikone then leapt back into the air using 'god speed' to engage Kenpachi in battle.

Meanwhile, Shūhei could sense the newly transformed Hikone quickly rising from below.

With Ikomikidomoe leaving the battlefield with Hikone, Tokinda battles the alliance on his own.

The quincies and arrancar move join the shinigami in their battle against Tokinada.

It is revealed that Tokinada's Enrakyoten has no visible blade when it's released.

Enrakyoten can instead mimic the zanpakutō abilities of any zanpakutō he has observed in the past.

He observed them either via the Visuals Department, or with Aura's help.

Enrakyoten has mimicked the following zanpakutō abilities so far:

Hanatarō YAMADA's Hisagomaru

Kenpachi KURUYASHIKI's Gagaku Kairō

Izuru KIRA's Wabisuke

Byakuya KUCHIKI's Senbonzakura

Rangiku MATSUMOTO's Haineko

Gin ICHIMARU's Shinso

Genryūsai YAMAMOTO's Ryūjinjakka

Shunsui KYŌRAKU's Katen Kyōkotsu

Rose ŌTORIBASHI's Kinshara

SOIFON's Suzumebachi

Zennosuke KURUMADANI's Tsuchinamazu

Sōsuke AIZEN's Kyōka Suigetsu

Marechiyo ŌMAEDA's Gegetsuburi

Shūhei eventually arrives, but the alliance have been ensnared by Kyōka Suigetsu.

Tokinada taunts Shūhei after questioning who is and how he arrived without the alliance.

Shunsui briefly uses that opportunity to hide Shūhei in his Kage-Oni shadow dimension, to explain the situation.

Eventually they agree that Shūhei should fight with his eyes closed, relying on his spiritual sense.

This will allow Shunsui to sense the directions of Shūhei's attacks in order to aim his own.

Aura arrived to assist Tokinada.

Tokinada taunts Shūhei, explaining the secrets of the Original Sin, the Soul King, and the 5 Great Noble Families.

Meanwhile, Ichibē recounts the Original Sin and the Soul King's origins to the Zero Squad and their Holy Soldiers:

Hundreds of millions of years after Creation, there was a world without life nor death.

Only humans and souls existed together in a single realm of existence within a self-contained cycle.

Eventually, hollows came into existence, disrupting the cycle by devouring souls.

Inevitably, the first menos soon came into being too.

But almost in response to its existence, the Soul King was born.

The Soul King vanquished the menos, and the self-contained cycle of souls continued once more.

Unfortunately, the world eventually fell back into chaos as the Soul King continued to vanquish hollows.

Soon after, 5 ancestral heads of the once 5 Great Noble Families gathered.

They intended to pool their ideas to serve a shared vision of changing the state of the world.

The Tsunayashiro ancestor was afraid the power of the Soul King would one day be used against them.

An unknown rival family ancestor wanted to cover up the 'pit' (that would later become Hell).

(Possibly the pit of chaos created by the disruption of the cycle of souls?)

The Kuchiki ancestor wanted to implement a new world order to bring balance to to the world.

The Shihōin ancestor wanted to widen the cycle of re-incarnation to avoid stagnation of their world.

The Shiba ancestor wanted to create a method to purify hollows, reverting them back into souls.

(They recognised that hollows had lost hearts that were worth saving.)

And so, a shared goal was born to separate the world of the living from the dead.

At the Tsunayashiro ancestor's insistence, the Soul King was bound and sealed within a crystal.

The Soul King's power of 'The Almighty' served as the keystone to separate and maintain the 3 worlds.

The World of the Living for humans, Soul Society for the souls, and Hueco Mundo for the hollows.

(The remains of the original menos and the hollows that came after, are the sands of Hueco Mundo.)

Yet the Tsunayashiro ancestor took things even further still. Still afraid of the Soul King's power.

First, the Soul King's Right Arm of 'stagnation' and Left Arm of 'Progress' were dismembered.

Then was his heart, organs, and legs. Leaving the Soul King as a powerless lynchpin and slave.

Ichibē mentioned that the Shiba ancestor attempted to sacrifice himself in place of the Soul King.

And so in response the Tsunayashiro ancestor 'erased them from history'.

But Kirio mentioned that Kaien and the Shiba family still retain this rebellious, chivalrous nature today.

Ichibē mentioned that Ichigo, a descendant of the Shiba family, had the best qualities to replace the Soul King.

It is unclear if YHWACH is the son of the Soul King, or a reincarnation of his power.

YHWACH is considered the originator of the quinces, while the Soul King is the source of their power.

YHWACH wanted to liberate his 'father' from his fate as the Soul King.

Meanwhile, Tokinada continues to battle Shunsui, Nanao, and the shinigami, with a clear upper hand.

Shunsui pushes Tokinada to reveal that the cost of wielding Enrakyoten, is permanently degrading his soul.

Enrakyoten is a cursed blade that the head of the Tsunayashiro family usually actively despises and avoids.

Similar to the curse of the Ise family's Shinken Hakkyōken.

However, Tokinada is the first head of the Tsunayashiro family to embrace Enrakyoten so wholeheartedly.

He believes his motivations are worth the cost of his soul, as he is fighting to expose his dark family secrets.

Tokinada uses Enrakyoten to mimic and combo a few more zanpakutō abilities:

Sajin KOMAMURA's Tenken

Tōshirō HITSUGAYA's Hyōrinmaru

While Tokinada battles and banters, Shūhei calmly focuses on dodging and reading Tokinada's varied attacks.

Shūhei battles with his eyes closed, relying on his spiritual senses only.

We learn that when Shūhei was first promoted to lieutenant, he trained to overcome fear within Kaname's bankai.

Shūhei was also the first officer to see Kaname's bankai.

Through Tokinada's words, Shūhei finally understands the true meaning of Kaname's philosophy of justice and fear.

And Kaname believes that the society created by the shinigami is inherently unjust, due to the original sin.

Back in the present, Tokinada uses Enrakyoten to mimic another zanpakutō ability:

Kaname TŌSEN's Suzumushi

Shūhei manages to instinctively block Tokinada's mimicked Suzumushi, with the chain of Kazeshini.

Shūhei speeds constantly increases as he dodges and blocks Tokinada's attacks thanks to his spiritual senses.

Tokinada attempted to use Senbonzakura to engulf Shūhei, but Shūhei managed to slice off Tokinada's right arm.

The arrancar took this opportunity to aim their long ranged attacks at the discarded Enrakyoten.

The shinigami then surrounded Aura.

Shūhei was overcome by a sense of exhaustion, but relaxed when Tokinada's spiritual-pressure disappeared.

In his moment of victory, Shūhei was reminded of a word of warning he previously heard from AIZEN.

But Shūhei was seemingly tricked into opening his eyes, and realised he was now ensnared by Kyōka Suigetsu.

The defeated Tokinada on the ground was actually Aura, and the standing Aura was actually Tokinada.

Tokinada wore the cloak invented by Kisuke that concealed his spiritual-pressure.

Tokinada revealed that he and his sword were unharmed, and used Tsuchinamazu to create a clone in his place.

GINJŌ, and Yukio arrive alongside Aura, seemingly to assist Tokinada.

Yukio says he infected GINJŌ & TSUKISHIMA with a 'virus' when TSUKISHIMA used Book of the End of them.

Tokinada then attempts to ensnare GINJŌ with Kyōka Suigetsu's complete hypnosis.

However GINJŌ reveals that he is not being controlled by Yukio, and instead attacks Tokinada.

Tokinada is attacked by GINJŌ's Cross of Scaffold, but his own spiritual-pressure resists some damage.

Tokinada uses Enrakyoten to mimic another zanpakutō ability to further block the attack:

Ichigo KUROSAKI's Zangetsu

He resisted the attack somewhat, and heals himself with Hisagomaru, and attempts to use Kyōka Suigetsu again.

Aura reveals she exploited Kyōka Suigetsu's weakness to prevent releases it's complete hypnotists any further.

By touching the blade directly, or any form Enrakyote took, Tokinada cannot activate the hypnosis.

In a flashback, we learn that upon creating Hikone for Tokinada, Aura developed a motherly attachment to him.

She devoted herself to protecting Hikone's future, and eventually stopping Tokinada from exploiting him.

Unfortunately, Tokinada anticipated Aura's betrayal and devotion to Hikone, and planned accordingly.

Tokinada uses Enrakyoten to mimic another zanpakutō ability to absorb Aura's spiritual-energy:

Yumichika AYASEGAWA's Ruri'iru Kujaku

Ruri'iru Kujaku was the perfect counter to Aura's unique abilities.

While Tokinada monologue, GINJŌ used this opportunity to attack.

Aure continued to touch Enrakyoten, despite her spiritual-energy being drained, allowing GINJŌ to attack.

She was thinking of her love for Hikone, and pondering the possible love of her own parents.

All the while, Aura continued to diffuse her form and spiritual-pressure throughout the area, weakening herself.

GINJŌ continued to attack Tokinada, while Tokinada teased him about being a Soul King candidate too.

Giriko & TSUKISHIMA arrive to help GINJŌ navigate through Tokinada's attacks.

We learn that GINJŌ and the fullbringers learnt of Aura's plans thanks to TSUKISHIMA's & Yukio's abilities.

Aura informed Yukio of her plans originally by transforming a part of her into a QR code.

Tokinada monologues, taunting GINJŌ about what he knows about everything that happened to him.

GINJŌ speculates that fullbringers are born by inheriting a fragment of the Soul King from a parent.

And hollows are initially attracted to attack the pregnant mothers for this reason.

Tokinada reveals that he created the surveillance system in GINJŌ & Ichigo's shinigami badges.

Jūshirō was always against the idea of surveillance and was confident GINJŌ would learn the truth eventually.

However due to Tokinada's assassins being killed by GINJŌ, Jūshirō was led to believe that GINJŌ was a threat.

Tokinada misled Jūshirō, making him believe that GINJŌ killed his own friends himself too.

And GINJŌ originally believed Jūshirō is the one who sent assassins after him and his friends, due to Tokinada.

And Soul Society wanted GINJŌ's corpse, in order to retrieve his inherited Soul King fragment.

GINJŌ attacked with a powerful Getsuga Tenshō, but Tokinada countered it with the built up energy of Hisagomaru.

Tokinada kept GINJŌ at bay with Enrakyoten, and called Hikone to kill Aura.

But Shūhei used this opportunity to sever Tokinada's arm for real, taking Enrakyoten with it.

Kazeshini was wrapped in the cloak invented by Kisuke that Tokinada discarded.

Tokinada is confused, assuming that should be under complete hypnosis.

But Shinji reveals that he used Sakanade on Shūhei, so Shūhei never actually saw Enrakyoten release.

This was a strategy originally devised to protect Ichigo from AIZEN's Kyōka Suigetsu.

Shunsui safely hides Enrakyoten within the shadow dimension of Katen Kyōkotsu.

GINJŌ, in his bankai-esque hollow form, attacks Tokinada with another powerful Getsuga Tenshō from behind.
    The bit about Fullbringers possibly having fragments of the soul King in them...

...Anyone mind if I do something with that? Because that ties so well with what I was planniong for thatfuture Arc.

There's also so unconfirmed spoilers regarding bits of the third book that this guy wasn't able to get translations for
    Spoiler
    Show
    People who were expecting scenes from Kenpachi, Aizen and Grimmjow will be let down.

Ukitake ordered Ginjo's execution but the Tsunayashiro family was the true mastermind.

Hisagi's Bankai is called 風死絞縄 Kazeshini Shibo Nawa. Wind of Death Hangman's Rope.

Hisagi wraps the opponent in his chains and as long as they're connected they share pain and injuries between them with the chains draining both their Reiatsu to heal them until both are exhausted. Hisagi undoes his bankai and the weakened enemy is then killed by a third party.

The Soul King is the ancestor of all Quincy.

Bambi is revived.

One poster says that the Hell Arc is next. Though this may be just hopeful thinking on their part.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, do you mind running those by me first?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #910

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Yeah, do you mind running those by me first?
    The future Arc?

I've been discussing it with Frozen, it's gonna use some stuff he set up that never went anywhere.

The gist of it is that the Antagonist of the Arc is aiming to transcend their nature and become a being who exists outside of the cycle of reincarnation becuase they perceive it to be inherantly unjust.(If you remember, the one with the allegedly soul stealing Zanpakuto)

I was going to draw on some stuff from the movies and a couple of elements original to this story, and if there are enough people who just have fragments of the Soul King in them...

I don't wanna give too much away...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm against any idea of Fullbringers in general having a strong connection to the Soul King, because it'd just be a pointless retcon. On the other hand, a specific character having a fragment of the Soul King in them would be fine by me.

You can probably get the same end result by going after some established McGuffin in our game. The obvious candidates would be Torahiko Tachibana and the giant Quincy cross ("Die Totenkreuz") that's now held in the Kuzunoha Sanctuary.

The Cross basically replaces Yhwach as the primogenitor of Quincy for our game and it has similar "fragments of power" thing going on.

12. - Top - End - #912

I mean, I don't have the exact details but "this particular mortal has a piece of the soul king in them" would handily explain why not everyone who gets attacked by a Hollow becomes a Fullbringer.

And why seemingly unpowered mortals would be targeted by Hollows in the first place.

And why two out of three individuals who can replace the Soul King were Fullbringers.

Can I get linked to bits in the thread that talks more about the Cross?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

It will take me a while to find all that stuff again.

The most immediately relevant fact about it is that Charles Anderson retrieved it from Shen Yi's castle and put it under lock and key in the Kuzunoha sanctuary in Ikari. Torahiko Tachibana has forged a connection with it and believes it to be made from the remnants of a genuine angel, but no longer has access to it.

When scratched, the Cross "bleeds", and consuming the blood turns a normal human into a Quincy. Since the transformation is inheritable, most living Quincies have never seen the Cross. The same effect can be achieved by grinding a small piece of the Cross into powder and mixing it with water. Some old Quincy crosses were made from chunks of silver carved out of the larger cross, but the practice was discontinued whem Shinigami massacred the Weisweide family and the Cross was left to gather dust at the scene of murder. After Hein Weisweide's death, the Cross was recovered by ZHE, who took it to Hueco Mundo. From there, it was in turn recovered by Torahiko and the Awakened Sin Rostro, who took it back to Earth and to Shen Yi's castle. As noted, from there it was retrieved by Charles Anderson.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Orc in the Playground

It's worth noting that the cross was recovered by rocket-sledding it across existence/the Void and the castle ended up in China.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #915

I'm not sure how relevant that is, but it's interesting enough.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Chuck also considers it a highly dangerous artifact, and if he had his druthers it would stay where it is for the rest of time.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #917

So, is the cross also the source of Schrift or just the standard Quincy powers?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

It is the source of both. It is unclear if born Quincies can gain their Schrift without making contact with the Cross, it's not come up. It would've been possible since, again, there were smaller crosses made from the main one spread across the world and passed down in the surviving Quincy families.

The single biggest collection of Quincy crosses is probably in Las Noches now, since Jehoel confiscated those from captured ZHE soldiers. No idea what he did with them.

The second strong candidate is the Anderson clan over in Australia, but since they moved on to using Seelen Streikhen and renamed themselves as Reiniger, it's up in the air what they did to any old crosses. It's within the realm of possibility that they have an old cross made from the main one as a family heirloom, gathering dust somewhere. Just finding out would be a detective story all on its own.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-03-02 at 04:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Chuck also considers it a highly dangerous artifact, and if he had his druthers it would stay where it is for the rest of time.
    For all Shinji cares, the only reason it isn't sealed away is because he can't unilaterally decide on it and there is no PoW legislation on the Unseelie Accords.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920

So, when you say "lifeless body" do you literally mean "dead?"

Or just an empty shell like before?

Because that definitely affects what comes next.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

@ Kuroimaken: A case could be made that no-one alive really owns it and it belongs in a museum if anywhere, but since the mundane world is not aware of its existence... if it was just left to gather dust in Kuzunoha cellar, no-one would care. Well, almost no-one; Torahiko still wants to save the cross (because he believes it's an angel) and the black Sin Rostro wants it for reasons which are not at all evil and horrifying. So, like... two people would care.

@Rater202: "lifeless" means a body has stopped breathing and is unconscious, but can still be resusciated. This in contrast to "dead" where the body has suffered so much damage that it can't be resusciated anymore. So, "empty shell" that will become a rotting coprse if Sarah spends enough time away from it.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-03-02 at 12:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922

Frozen, ninja'd you with a question.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ettin in the Playground

I edited in the answer.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The single biggest collection of Quincy crosses is probably in Las Noches now, since Jehoel confiscated those from captured ZHE soldiers. No idea what he did with them.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I mean, the obvious answers would be that they're either hidden somewhere in his district or they were destroyed.

Not saying for sure those are the only options, but they'd be the first things someone looking for them would think of.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Orc in the Playground

@ Kuroimaken: A case could be made that no-one alive really owns it and it belongs in a museum if anywhere, but since the mundane world is not aware of its existence... if it was just left to gather dust in Kuzunoha cellar, no-one would care. Well, almost no-one; Torahiko still wants to save the cross (because he believes it's an angel) and the black Sin Rostro wants it for reasons which are not at all evil and horrifying. So, like... two people would care.

@Rater202: "lifeless" means a body has stopped breathing and is unconscious, but can still be resusciated. This in contrast to "dead" where the body has suffered so much damage that it can't be resusciated anymore. So, "empty shell" that will become a rotting coprse if Sarah spends enough time away from it.
    Museums invite robbers. That's all I'll say on the subject.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ettin in the Playground

Well duh, it is a big chunk of silver.

28. - Top - End - #928

Well duh, it is a big chunk of silver.
    A big chunk of silver that is the corpse of an angel and/or the physical incarnation of a major chunk of the Soul King's power.

Inviting theives is the least of the problems.

Honestly, I'm reminded of an Episode of Jackie Chan adventures that ended with Jackie destroying a magical artifact that he'd originally intended to put in a Museam becuase it was too dangerous to be left intact.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Fun fact: I originally didn't have anything planned for the cross. KD suggested to me that Chuck destroy it. However, soon after that KD left the game for what I thought to be for good (same instance that led to me playing Turiel for, like, two posts), so the cross was left to gather dust untill it became part of Torahiko's plotline. Then KD returned, and I decided to create a trail of breadcrumbs to lead Chuck to the cross anyway.

30. - Top - End - #930

And the Gaiden thread just became Semi-canon.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks