Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default I Need You! (Archetype for Bard and Monk)

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has any conversations of the Pathfinder archetypes Drunken Master Monk and Magician Bard for 5th edition. I'm running a Pathfinder campaign currently and we're thinking of making the transition into 5th. My players want to retain their current characters thematically and at least somewhat mechanically. I also have a player who using a homebrew variant of the Machinesmith that I made but I'll worry about that later.

So could I get some help? I'm brand new to 5e so I can't really do the brewing myself.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: I Need You! (Archetype for Bard and Monk)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaQuackers View Post
    Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has any conversations of the Pathfinder archetypes Drunken Master Monk and Magician Bard for 5th edition. I'm running a Pathfinder campaign currently and we're thinking of making the transition into 5th. My players want to retain their current characters thematically and at least somewhat mechanically. I also have a player who using a homebrew variant of the Machinesmith that I made but I'll worry about that later.

So could I get some help? I'm brand new to 5e so I can't really do the brewing myself.
    I am unfamiliar with Pathfinder but this may help for the monk. http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2...nken-fist.html

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I Need You! (Archetype for Bard and Monk)

For the bard... just a straight Lore Bard seems like it does the trick for a magically-focused bard? Maybe trade Peerless Skill for the ability to spend Inspiration Dice on Counterspell checks, and Cutting Words for the ability to spend Inspiration Dice to boost (your own) spell attack or damage.

STaRS (and STaRS Lite)
    A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system, by me. Now officially released!

Grod's Guide to Greatness
    A big book of player options for 5e, by me

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.