Jopustopin Killian NG half-orc druid extra
    DeltaK Alth Aran CN human beguiler
    DontEvenAsk Vanowkara "Doc" Whurbek N dream dwarf (throwback) healer
    Xhosant Enby CG human paladin of freedom
    LordotTrinkets Shyugi Kamisora LN githzerai monk
    Xhosant a character CE mongrelfolk totemist

Graveyard
    Player Character Cause of Death Last Words
    LoyalPaladin Shouhei Matsumoto Digested by a flotsam ooze "But I will not go quietly!"

Spoiler: The 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running? D&D 3.5e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game? My campaign setting.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? As many players as are interested. Each party will be sized depending on the desires of its members. Players may drop out and/or join in between trips to the dungeon if they so choose. If you don't get into one group, you'll be able to join in later as people drop out.

4. What's the gaming medium? PbP on these here forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status? Starting at 0 experience.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Each character will start with 1,000gp and an adventurer's kit consisting of a backpack, 5 torches, flint & steel, 50' hempen rope, a waterskin, and clothing of your choice (excluding courtier's outfit, noble's outfit, and royal outfit).

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? No homebrew. I'm okay with classes from any allowed source. Try to keep it low-to-medium-op if possible; aim for tier 3 (things like heavily optimized tier 5 and deliberately unoptimized tier 1 are also acceptable). Try to refrain from going too high-op.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Races from any of the acceptable sources are generally acceptable.
    Pretty much any race is fine, though certain races (orcs, halflings) are rarer than usual in my setting so, they're likely to be among the last of your kind. And certain races (drow, goliath) now have the [Extraplanar] subtype.
    There's one homebrew race (the engineers) which I haven't extensively tested or gotten feedback on, so you can use it but I provisionally reserve the right to alter it on the fly if I notice major problems.
    If you want to play a creature with a level adjustment or racial hit dice, you may use a monster class. I divide all published level adjustments in half (minimum LA+1 for races that start with LA+1), so I'll generally have to homebrew up a monster class for you, but I'm willing to do that, following the Savage Species guidelines for monster classes. Otherwise, no homebrew.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? 30 point buy. First level: max hit points. Subsequent levels: half the maximum size of your hit die, plus 1 (d4=3, d6=4, d8=5, d10=6, d12=7).

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? I do use alignment. However, with the exception of class features (e.g., the paladin's code, the monk's "always lawful"), it is a description, not a restriction. There will be no "You can't do that, you're supposed to be Lawful Good", there will only be, for example, "I've noticed a consistent pattern of non-lawful behavior. Consider bumping your alignment over to Neutral Good."
    You may play any alignment, but PvP is allowed (albeit not encouraged), so an evil character in a good party may be approximately as inadvisable as a stick-up-somewhere-inappropriate paladin in an evil party.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? There are no experience penalties for multi-classing. Instead, characters get a bonus based on their racial favored class.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? We'll use the forum's dice-rolling system. In general, you should roll your own dice, either in the IC thread or the dice-rolling thread. When necessary, I will consult your sheets and use the forum's dice roller to roll reactive things (e.g. initiative, saving throws, certain spot/listen checks) for players, rather than calling for you to roll them.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. Houserules. More general information.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? A background is not required, but may be rewarded (rewards may include, but are not necessarily limited to, hanging plots on any hooks you give me). Same goes for a picture. Said background should ideally have your character plausibly winding up in the mongrelfolk city of Endeesy. Do consider including one or two obvious plot hooks for me to seize upon and abuse. Consider the 10-minute background template.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? By default, mostly hack & slash, with scattered puzzles. I'm fine with as much or as little roleplaying as the players desire -- this is a player-driven campaign, so how much of what you get will depend largely on what you do. There may be roleplaying-based challenges, which you can attempt or ignore like every other challenge I offer.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? In general: content from any 3.5e (and some 3.0) rulebook or supplement published by Wizards Of The Coast is safe to use. Other sources may be permitted on a case-by-case basis. Homebrew other than materials I provide will be permitted only very rarely. More specifically, a list of explicitly permitted sources can be found here.

Posting Policies:
    • Put your character's name, in bold, at or near the top of every post you make.
    • Post in the present tense.
    • OOC comments and die rolls should be in [spoiler] tags.
    • Out of combat, I will try to post whenever there is new information I need to convey. Post as much as you want without waiting for me, unless you're waiting on me to answer a question or describe a new area or something along those lines.
    • In combat, I will try to post once all players have posted, or once 48 hours have elapsed since the last time I posted, whichever is sooner. Players who haven't posted in that time delay until the beginning of the following round.
    • Questions/rolls about what your character knows should be posted in your IC thread.

Dice Rolls
    OOC I Archive
    OOC II Archive
    OOC III Archive
    OOC IV Archive
    OOC V Archive
    Party 1 Archive
    Party 2 Archive
    Party 3 Archive
    Party 4 Archive
    Party 5 Archive
    Party A Archive
    Party A-II Archive
    Party B Archive
    Party B-II Archive
    Party C Archive
    Party D Archive
    Last edited by Malimar; 2017-03-16 at 07:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Megadungeon (OOC) VI

I CLAIM THE FIRST POST!

Well, Mal has the first post, but I have the second first post!
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I always love that new thread smell.

Here's to another fifty pages, and beyond. You run a tight ship, Malimar, and I'm really excited to see where this game is going to take us.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Tight ship? I think it's a miracle how this game stays afloat, considering some of the breaks it took!

By the way, could we have an "important posts" spoiler? For team B, I have a few posts saved that I usually use as reference because they contain quite a bit of information. Perhaps having the links included in the first post so everyone has easy reference to them would be nice?

A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Eleanor is levelled up! Very few class features at this level. Probably to balance out the fact that one of them is White Raven Tactics...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Eleanor is levelled up! Very few class features at this level. Probably to balance out the fact that one of them is White Raven Tactics...
    "As a swift action, give someone else another turn."

Gods I love the Tome of Battle. It's a book that poses the question, "what if martial characters were as good as magical ones?"

LGBTitP

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here's me, wanting to join!

Long-time forum reader, first time poster! Your continued efforts in this megadungeon that seems to last made me sign up and want to start contributing to this community. Cheers!

I wondered where I should post my official candidature.

I see many people with accounts on the Mythweavers website, yet another site I guess I'll have to subscribe to unless there would be another way for me to post a character sheet herein.

I plan to create a carefree-yet-inspirational Strongheart Halfling Paladin.
    Or a Whisper Gnome Factotum, depending on the party's alignment.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I've had some unofficial guidelines in my head about multiple characters, but never officially laid them down; this seems like as good a time as any:

Multiple characters played by one player are allowed, but:
    At most two per person at a time, and never two characters played by one player in the same party.
    Players with no other characters in play will get priority over players with a character in play. (So, for example, if Xgya makes a character, and then Matters dies, Xgya will get first shot at the open slot in Party C instead of Bayar, because Bayar has another character in Party A. Contrariwise, if Kataun were to die, Kremti would get first shot at the open slot in Party A with a new character, because he doesn't have another character and he's been with Party A for awhile.)
    These guidelines are subject to wibbliness and probably can be overriden by the votes of the party with the open slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post

Long-time forum reader, first time poster! Your continued efforts in this megadungeon that seems to last made me sign up and want to start contributing to this community. Cheers!

I see many people with accounts on the Mythweavers website, yet another site I guess I'll have to subscribe to unless there would be another way for me to post a character sheet herein.

Hullo! Welcome to the forums!

Myth-Weavers isn't the only character sheet hosting service, but it may be the best, and is certainly the most widely-used.

All three parties are currently at standard capacity of five characters, and I'm not currently planning on starting up a fourth, but you're still certainly welcome to make a character and settle in to wait until a character dies or somebody leaves the game.

Parties are free to take on a sixth character (or even more than that!) if they want to volunteer to do so, but I'm not going to force more than five on anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    By the way, could we have an "important posts" spoiler? For team B, I have a few posts saved that I usually use as reference because they contain quite a bit of information. Perhaps having the links included in the first post so everyone has easy reference to them would be nice?
    On the one hand, sure, I've added such a thing for Party B.

On the other hand, these aren't information anybody other than Party B is likely to have, so I'm a little leery of giving it pride of place like that.
    Last edited by Malimar; 2016-09-10 at 08:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Alright, now creating a paladin.

Small questions to be answered:

The following two are related:
    Does From Smite to Song count as bardic music for pre-requisites? Specifically, taking Dragonfire Inspiration?
    Could I create a glimmerskin strongheart halfling? (strongheart loses the +1 to saves, which glimmerskins still have...)

Do you tolerate alternate alignment paladins? Paladins of Milil always seemed to me to be ideal candidates for Paladins of Freedom. No change to the sheet except for alignment at this level.

Edit: I notice your setting yet lacks a deity for artists and music lovers. Which one would you suggest, given that Milil would normally be my choice due to Smite to Song's prerequisites?
    Last edited by Xgya; 2016-09-10 at 10:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Does From Smite to Song count as bardic music for pre-requisites? Specifically, taking Dragonfire Inspiration?
    Hm. On the one hand, it's probably fine. On the other hand, I'm a bit concerned about the interaction between these two feats and my houserule that paladins get smite per encounter instead of per day. With this houserule, a From Smite to Song paladin could be better at Bardic Music than a proper bard.

Oh, I see, From Smite To Song is just Inspire Courage, not the other Bardic Musics. That makes it a bit more okay, doesn't step on the bard's toes quite so badly.

Hm, yes, I think I'm inclined to allow all aspects of this interaction. Possibly with the limitation that you can only use From Smite To Song X number of times per day, where X is the number of smites per encounter granted by your paladin levels, but that limitation might not be necessary. I'll think on it.

Could I create a glimmerskin strongheart halfling? (strongheart loses the +1 to saves, which glimmerskins still have...)
    Hm. This is a powerful combination, albeit not the most powerful LA+0 option available. I think it's prohibited by RAW (because neither is actually a template), but I think I'm inclined to allow it.

Do you tolerate alternate alignment paladins? Paladins of Milil always seemed to me to be ideal candidates for Paladins of Freedom. No change to the sheet except for alignment at this level.
    Oh, yeah, Paladins of Freedom are fine with me.

Note that this game uses a custom pantheon. Dalya might be up your alley. She was originally a halfling deity, before the Inundation wiped out most of the halflings, and has since been repurposed by newly-settled farmers as a goddess of agriculture (also fertility and art and music and frat parties and so on).

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I found where ya'll are hiding from me :O

-K

12. - Top - End - #12

XD You answered my deity question as I was editing my previous post. So, Dalya is both for agriculture and artistic liberty. Fine by me!

You're right, the combination of your houserule is what actually attracted me to the feat in the first place.

If that helps any, I intend to be one of the variant spell-less Paladins, which usually lowers it further down the tiers, because I knew the bardic music advantage would be a rather strong one.

I in fact intend to step on the bard's toes quite a lot when it comes to inspiring performances, eventually using the Harmonious Knight ACF.

I wanted to create a sanctified version of the Marshal class, using speeches or extravagant dances to inspire people instead of having auras doing it for me. No magic, pure prestige and presence.
    Last edited by Xgya; 2016-09-10 at 10:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Janver Bellfellow now has a character sheet on Mythweavers (sheet.html#id=940167), but my lack of posts on these forums prevents me from adding a link directly.

This should be what he looks like at level 1.
    If my severe caffeine deprivation made me do any kind of mistakes, please do tell.

Edit:
    Darn, I keep making edits tonight.
    I found out how bards would entirely outclass this person's ability to use Inspire Courage until the very highest levels.
    I won't qualify for Words of Creation until level 15. Quite a leeway.
    Still, I'm keeping this "Marshal with style" character as-is. The character is already doing quite well without the need for more power.
    Last edited by Xgya; 2016-09-10 at 10:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Janver Bellfellow now has a character sheet on Mythweavers (sheet.html#id=940167), but my lack of posts on these forums prevents me from adding a link directly.

This should be what he looks like at level 1.
    If my severe caffeine deprivation made me do any kind of mistakes, please do tell.
    Looks fine to me.

Turns out we're losing a player from Party C after their current mission (so, in a few weeks, probably), so you'll be able to play sooner than expected. (Party C also has an actual marshal, so there'll be a bit of buff-stacking going on. Which I don't think is a bad thing.)
    Last edited by Malimar; 2016-09-11 at 10:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to stab the dice roller.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to stab the dice roller.
    Probably a better plan than shooting it. If you shot it, you'd probably miss.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

One of the main reasons I picked a class that doesn't roll for attack. There are still rolls that can make me sad, but a bit less...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    Probably a better plan than shooting it. If you shot it, you'd probably miss.
    Yeah...
    One of the main reasons I picked a class that doesn't roll for attack. There are still rolls that can make me sad, but a bit less...
    This dice roller has been really messing with me lately.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Can go with trampling the dice roller. I bet it has low reflex save.

-K

20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground

I agree. I feel like it's been really trending low lately. Especially towards the number 8. I've rolled like 6 eights in three days.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The trick is to just have excellent luck.

(1d20)[7]

EDIT- I mean, it didn't work, but if it had worked I would seem really cool.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2016-09-11 at 09:38 PM.

LGBTitP

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kremti View Post
    Can go with trampling the dice roller. I bet it has low reflex save.

-K
    I should try that, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I agree. I feel like it's been really trending low lately. Especially towards the number 8. I've rolled like 6 eights in three days.
    Maybe how we head our posts messes with how it's seeded?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Problems with the dice roller?

(1d20)[3]

Edit: Indeed there are.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2016-09-12 at 04:34 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Default It's all in the wrist

Am I the best?

(1d20)[20]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: It's all in the wrist

Am I the best?

[roll0]
    Clearly, you cheated.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Default Rolling rage!

What?! You dare call my special wrist-action super roll technique cheating?!

I'll show you what it means, to be a true master roller!

(1d20)[6]

I meant to do that...
    Last edited by Sliver; 2016-09-12 at 05:45 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Default Re: Rolling rage!

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    The trick is to just have excellent luck.

[roll0]

EDIT- I mean, it didn't work, but if it had worked I would seem really cool.
    Indeed you would have haha.

I should try that, thanks.

Maybe how we head our posts messes with how it's seeded?
    D: No. Say it ain't so.

Am I the best?

[roll0]
    What?! You dare call my special wrist-action super roll technique cheating?!

I'll show you what it means, to be a true master roller!

[roll0]

I meant to do that...
    Bahahahaa

28. - Top - End - #28

Default Testing the dice, thus most likely ruining my luck from the start.

Ahem. A rhyme about dice rolls.

(1d20)[13] This is an skill check, as one is wont to do.
    (1d20)[3] This is an attack, when peace just won't do.
    (1d20)[13] This is a save, when the wizard strikes back.
    (1d20)[11] This is the result of a critical whack.

Edit: I guess I'll keep to peace talks, attacking just won't do.
    Last edited by Xgya; 2016-09-12 at 03:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Kobold

Welcome !

30. - Top - End - #30

Hey Malimar, is Cerise fine to attack Scorpion #3? I just want to make sure I'm reading everything alright haha. Also, can we shift through dead enemy's squares?

Attention: Party C
    After this battle, I vote we take all the remaining living scorpions to the arena. Which means we should leave them alive, but unconscious. Does RepairmanJack check this OoC? I haven't seen a post from them. (Creatures For The Arena Mission)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-09-14 at 10:48 AM.