New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Drowlbearwolf I: The Scimitar-Chuck

(Flashback to Fleeing Coward in Duck Season II where he killed me as the vigilante because I "sounded" suspicious)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    So how do you separate the jokes from the not jokes?

Everyone else who's answered my question about FC's actual intent has told me he is cunning but not that his post meant nothing or was a joke. Avatarvecna challenged FC on his statement as well. What am I not seeing?

- - - Updated - - -

I come from a different mafia culture for sure. In my world (in person games) accusing someone of being a wolf is a big deal. An "If I'm lying I'm dying" sort of deal.

I guess I need to adjust to all the audacity here. I'll stand by the FC thing not being a joke though. Did you think it was a joke? I did not get that impression from your question for FC.
    Forum mafia is very different. Posting accusations is par for the course, generally healthy for village, and expected.

As for the FC situation, I don't believe it's a joke vote because based on FC, I think I know what his reason is for voting Eggel, but I'd rather hear it from his own mouth, if possible. If the Eggel statement is what I think it is, it's null; FC makes that vote as village or wolf. It's also not convincing enough for me to vote Eggel. But I'd rather FC explain his actual intent so I don't have to assume.

I think with the knowledge we currently have (none besides our own roles and whatever is in the thread) there's nothing to point towards it being a definitive 50/50 between Eggel and FC, and it would be reasonable enough to assume that the interaction is town/town. If I had to pick one way I'd lean towards lynching Eggel, but I'd rather not.

Tanar, any reason you chose me over any of the other two vote wagons?
    Carthago Delenda Est

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

...I got confused by this game a lot faster than I thought I would.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Just commenting on this: I was a wolf my first game on this site, and I've noticed at least a couple other people who were as well (including, IIRC, Xihirli). Still, I haven't been around very long, or very often, so it's probably just a small coincidence that I noticed due to not being around very much. Newbie saying they don't see he point of A accusing B of wolfdom when A does not think A or B is a wolf is not necessarily a sign of wolfdom in Newbie, just a sign that they're still kind of inexperienced.
    I was a wolf during my first game. What a coincident!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    ...I got confused by this game a lot faster than I thought I would.
    This isn't confusing. What are you talking about?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Tanar, any reason you chose me over any of the other two vote wagons?
    I have no suspicions yet, and I didn't want to vote for either of Eggel or FC, so I chose the first person on my list of vote counts I was writing down that had two votes other than them or Duck (who I was already voting for).

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I was a wolf my first game on this site, and I've noticed at least a couple other people who were as well (including, IIRC, Xihirli).
    Nope, vanillager who claimed devil.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

Note: Suspect on norman250, for voting on existent votes. Error: Lex-Kat had 3 votes as of the vote count list.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

And I gave the best reasoning I could for what is essentially a blind day filled with random votes, which is much better than most can say. Suspect on shadow for not being helpful to town.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
    Note: Suspect on norman250, for voting on existent votes. Error: Lex-Kat had 3 votes as of the vote count list.
    Oh, you're right. I'll fix that.

10. - Top - End - #160

PirateGuy

Interesting that Tanar aedoth's stated motivation for voting Pelican should lead to a changed vote to lex but hasn't.

Tanar wanted to avoid lynching either Eggel or FC. Voted for Pelican when he thought it was two votes all.

Now we have three votes lex and three votes FC but his vote is still sitting on Pelican, leaving us at three votes for all three.

And I want to say more on what we can know day one but I'm waiting on a pm.

11. - Top - End - #161

PirateGuy

Since I've gotten communication in pm that mistakenly identified me as a mason (and I'm fairly certain at least one wolf saw it anyway) I am going to repost my *hiccup* from the pre-game post (minus the mason speculation that put me in the mason category in some mind(s)).

I am a townie who knows that flat_footed is town. I have an additional condition that I am not going to share on the forum in order to win with town. That is the sum of my abilities and forum knowledge.

So when I see this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    In this case, it was at the start of day 1 when FC would have no way of knowing who could be a wolf, unless they were a wolf themselves.
    in relation to my own ability I could easily see FC as one of the neutrals and possessing knowledge of a certain player's faction or even role.

I don't believe there are any purely vanilla roles, town or wolf faction and both Eggel and FC could be wolves together if FC's claim comes from the same root as my claim.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Colossus in the Playground

In order to avoid a three-way tie, I'll switch my vote to Fleeing Coward.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

I see I'm getting wagoned again on day 1.

If I had more time this is where my long defense would be but I'm just going to pretend that everyone voting me is a wolf picking on someone that they know doesn't have time and leave it at that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I see I'm getting wagoned again on day 1.

If I had more time this is where my long defense would be but I'm just going to pretend that everyone voting me is a wolf picking on someone that they know doesn't have time and leave it at that.
    You still have a day to defend yourself. Xihirli uses Amish clocks for Werewolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    It's like I told you before, we Amish, we do everything half again as hard as you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Ten money from flat_footed for accusing me of heresy and infidelity against our great goddess, Lolth.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-09-29 at 08:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I come from a different mafia culture for sure. In my world (in person games) accusing someone of being a wolf is a big deal. An "If I'm lying I'm dying" sort of deal.

I guess I need to adjust to all the audacity here. I'll stand by the FC thing not being a joke though. Did you think it was a joke? I did not get that impression from your question for FC.
    Just saw this question, figured I should probably answer it...and others should feel free to correct me if I'm misrepresenting the community.

Online mafia/WW is very different from IRL WW in three primary ways: firstly, it takes place over a much longer period of time, allowing for more content to be generated, which means more content that can be taken into account when voting; secondly, all generated content is available for review even several days after the fact, allowing players to analyze early phase statements/votes after a person's death reveals their role; thirdly, it's not played face-to-face, so the ability to read body language that can be so crucial for an IRL WW game is basically meaningless online. One of the results of these vast changes to the structure of the game is that accusing goes from a thing you do when you're sure of it to a replacement for "Hello", where everybody just does it a lot. The point of accusing in an online game, particularly when that accusation isn't accompanied by a vote for the accused, is to gather information from how people react.

I'm not sure if we should continue the strategy discussion here, as it relates to this game, or if we should continue it in one of the general WW chats, but I imagine there's more than a couple veterans around here that would be more than willing to help acquaint you with the strategy and though processes that go into online WW.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I think the amount of weight you're putting on what shows every sign of having been a joke post, including Fleeing Coward not voting for Eggel himself*, is...well, if I'd ever seen anyone be a wolf in their first game here I'd be voting for you.
    An odd statement. Don't new players have just as much chance of being randomly chosen to be a wolf as veterans?

There is a general culture here of not lynching new players on D1, but that's because there's almost always no good reason to vote for them and barring proof that they are a wolf, people would rather let new players play a bit longer. (There was a game a while back where a newbie outed themselves as a wolf D1 by knowing the exact number of wolves, they were indeed lynched D1.)

So how do you separate the jokes from the not jokes?

Everyone else who's answered my question about FC's actual intent has told me he is cunning but not that his post meant nothing or was a joke. Avatarvecna challenged FC on his statement as well. What am I not seeing?

Accusations are generally a smaller deal online. They create discussion, which is a good thing. That being said, usually people would state reasons why they think someone is a wolf. FC's complete lack of reasoning, plus the fact that it was early in the game when there is (almost) no information and lots of joke votes due to lack of information, plus the fact that FC didn't put his vote in red text, make me think it was a joke.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

First post was an obvious joke but I do not like the the way Eggel responded to it so now it's a genuine suspicion.
    Don't mind getting lynched since I pretty much signed up to this game to be a sacrificial lamb anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

19. - Top - End - #169

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    First post was an obvious joke but I do not like the the way Eggel responded to it so now it's a genuine suspicion.
    Don't mind getting lynched since I pretty much signed up to this game to be a sacrificial lamb anyways.
    Well I'll eat pie. I was completely wrong about the entire situation.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Bobb spends five money on pie.

- - - Updated - - -

Kidding, by the way. I will not take your money for pie. Pie is free, like health care and gold.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Free gold! I want some!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

D1 HAS ENDED

"Are these blindfolds strictly necessary?" someone asked.
    "Who said that!? Whoever said that is a drowlbearwolf! Identify yourself!" Another voice called.
    "I'm the devil."
    "Devil? We're after drowlbearwolves and driders, we don't care about any devils."
    "Maybe Devil and Drider are the same thing?" a third speaker suggested.
    "No, shut up. That's stupid and everything you ever thought was stupid. Your entire life has been a mathematical error. We're lynching you."
    The third speaker squacked.
    "Drowlbearwolves squack!"
    "What? No they don't!"
    "How would you know, unless you were one?"
    "I... but... you... huh?"
    "Time to set you on fire under the sunset."
    "We live underground."
    "THEN YOU WILL DIE IN THE SHADE!"
    The first speaker then stabbed at the person immediately to the left of the speaker they were arguing with, piercing a stomach. With a ripping motion, the first speaker tore the digestive tract out of an "innocent" drow in a blind rage.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Fleeing Coward died. He was a drow.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Role Death Money
    Murska 50
    Lex-Kat 50
    Bobb 50
    Indarra 50
    flat_footed 50 40
    Ramsus 50 60
    Generic-Guy 50
    Elenna 50
    Pelican 50
    Thematthew 50
    norman250 50
    Tanar Aerdoth 50
    Duck999 50 40
    Black Socks 50
    Eggel 50
    Silent_Interrim 50
    Kish 50
    ImperatorV 50
    Sniccups 50
    GAAD 50
    Fleeing Coward Drow Disemboweled (lynched D1) 50
    Shadow11615 50

You have 24 hours to send me night actions. Even if you don't have any powers listed, try a few things you'd expect average people to be able to do for a night-action. Some of them might be allowed.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-09-30 at 04:04 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

NIGHT ONE IS OVER

There was a dance party thrown this night to liven up everyone's spirits after Fleeing Coward's death.
    But it was very tasteful. Zombie theme, lots of Thriller Night playing. About most of the way through the party, one of the members thought "did we... did we bury FC?"
    Someone went and cremated FC.
    "FC's corpse had its wallet empty before I found him," the cremate-person told them.
    They shrugged and partied until the sun went up.
    "Is the sun up yet?" one of the blindfolded, underground partiers asked.
    Murska shrugged. "Probably."
    "WRONG!" a drowlbearwolf yelled, and pecked Murska to death.
    "Okay, let's vote!"

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Murska was killed in the night. He is covered in peck-marks. To keep him from becoming a Drowlbearwolf, his corpse was cremated. His ashes are kept ready for being alive.
    Murska was a drow and the seer.
    Also, a LOT of people tried to kill me.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Role Death Money
    Murska Seer Pecked to death in the night. 50
    Lex-Kat 50
    Bobb 50
    Indarra 50
    flat_footed 50 40
    Ramsus 50 60
    Generic-Guy 50
    Elenna 50
    Pelican 50
    Thematthew 50
    norman250 50
    Tanar Aerdoth 50
    Duck999 50 40
    Black Socks 50
    Eggel 50
    Silent_Interrim 50
    Kish 50
    ImperatorV 50
    Sniccups 50
    GAAD 50
    Fleeing Coward Drow Disemboweled (lynched D1) 50 0
    Shadow11615 50

BEGIN DAY ONE PLUS ONE
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-10-04 at 03:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

*A hand apperared in the possesions of the dead murska, grabbing his wallet, pulling out gold, papers and creditcard, as well as that stupid note whit the code for the creditcard*
    "The Drowforces of Droweutschland are going to keep this endivience for later investigation."
    "We are stealing it!"
    "Kevin, we are the state. We doesn't steal, we take what everyone agreed by being born (or moved) here."
    "But sir!"
    "Silence,
    I think i remember something. Ramsus why are you claiming to be a devil?

It was worth a try.
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-10-02 at 12:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Looting corpses only happens at night.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ühm...
    Was it 72 or 48 hours to vote who should die?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Seventy-two.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Now I KNOW Xi's using an Amish calendar.

Day One
    Night One
    Day One + One
    ???
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2016-10-01 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I'll vote for Generic-Guy for asking a ridiculous question.

30. - Top - End - #180

PirateGuy

Here are the three posters who made it to three votes and who voted for them:

Lex kat:
    flat footed
    sniccups

FC:
    kish (changed from lex kat)
    Eggel
    Lex
    Black Socks

Pelican:
    tanar aedoth
    thematthew
    duck