New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

OOC: ....*facepalm* it's been a long day and kneejerk reaction that low numbers = bad in RPGs

Lys picks up the ball and immediately lets the Purrloin out.

"Well. Lets see what's next Cheshette."

Teeth whines in mild envy as he follows Lys.

"So where to next?" she asks Elliot, "I was just heading here out of curiosity. You know. Big scary bad guy boss bein' here at some point of another. Thought it'd be a bit more. They sure didn't make this into much of a tourist trap."

There was maybe something that could be called cynicism in her voice as she said it. Or some sort of discontent. But exactly what, even Lys wasn't quite sure. Maybe she expected more. Maybe she thought things would be more different.

Cheshette paws at Lys' shoe and meows.

"Whatever, lets...get you checked up. Or something."

Then leaves, not really giving Elliot much of a chance to agree, disagree, or really talk much at all.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ken will look towards the sound of the Murkrow and Tyson upon it squawking. "Not another one." He turns to the alley, seeing how Cassandra's short adventure went.

"Find what you were looking for?" He will ask as she makes her way back to the Main Street. Then turning back towards the squawking. "Tyson how many are there?"

Ken, Zippo, and Needle will make there way over to Tyson, Kasumi, and Jet.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-14 at 06:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    The pokeball slams into the Honedge's single eye, knocking it back, but the energy field catches it before it hits the ground.

the pokeball drops into the dirt and thrashes wildly, rolling and spinning before, almost petulantly, coming to a stop at Cassandra's feet.

Spoiler: Click.
    Show

HONEDGE WAS CAUGHT
    Level 5, Male, Quirky Nature, No Guard Ability

if you check the hat at all, you find a tag inside that says 'Yojimbo'

Cassandra picks up the wicker hat, turning it over in her hands. "I wonder if this was its master's hat..."

Intuition to Figure It Out
    : 4

She shrugs and ties the hat to her backpack. It was a nice hat, the same as the hats they wore at the temple. It would be a reminder of home... after she cleaned it up a little.

When she emerges from the alley, she grins at Ken. "I caught my first ghost!"

When the other trainer moves to go help Tyson, Cassandra will try to stop him. "It was only one Murkrow. It was tormenting a Tyrogue. I'm pretty sure Tyson has it handled. He could yell for us if he needed help."

Perception to see if Tyson's okay: 12
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-15 at 11:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304

AssassinGuy

"Your first ghost? Awesome! Which one was it?" Ken is a bit excited to hear what was caught.

Listening to what Cassandra says about the Murkrow and Tyson he stops. "Yeah you're right, he should be okay if it's just one. Guess I'm a little jumpy." He lets out a laugh and puts a hand behind his head.

5. - Top - End - #305

NinjaGuy

"What? You think I'm gonna try and take it too?" he says to the Tyrogue

Tyson takes a few steps forwards slowly making his way over to Kasumi. He tries to get a better look at the object the Tyrogue is holding.

Spoiler: Pecrecption if needed
    Show

Kasmui hops up on to his shoulder and pops a bubble. "Nice one Kasumi. Looks like you sent that Murkrow running without a fight."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-15 at 08:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lyssandra:
    Show

Elliot doesn't say anything on your trip back to the pokemon center, so it passes without incident. When you get inside, the place is mostly empty, a few trainers you don't recognize are waiting in the seating area off to the left, and another is using the video-phone kiosks. There's nobody in line at the main desk however.

Ken and Cassandra:
    Tyson seems to have successfully driven off the Murkrow, and is now standing over the pokemon it had been tormenting, it's clutching its chest like it's trying to hold and protect something.

Tyson:

You can't make out exactly what it is, but it appears to be a thin plastic case. it's a little bit larger than your pokedex.

Party EXP!!!
    - Lysandra gains 1 EXP for catching Purrloin!
    - Cassandra gains .5 honedge's level in exp for battling it, + 1 trainer EXP for catching it, she gains 2 exp for avoiding a fight with grimer!
    - Ken gains Sad Panda, because he can't find anything to fight.
    - Tyson gains 2 exp for running off the Murkrow
    Spoiler: Sad Panda, Ken Only
    Show

Sad Panda is a 1 time bonus that can be cashed in when attempting to non-violently interact a pokemon with a Desperate, Lonely, Quiet, Skittish, Timid, or Serious Nature. the bonus could also be cashed in to provide a bonus to non-violent interactions with any stray or abandoned pokemon.

7. - Top - End - #307

AssassinGuy

Ken looks around at the area Tyson and the other Pokemon are in. "Yeah, you were right Cassandra. He had it covered." Ken will taker out his pokedex and register the Pokemon while he looks around.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

Perception Roll: 9
    http://orokos.com/roll/475733

Zippo continues to chitter away at Ken while sitting on his perch, while Needle stands at attention right at Ken's feet.

8. - Top - End - #308

NinjaGuy

Maybe it's a CD? I can't tell...

His shoulders shrug at the thought. He then squats low, reaching a hand out to pet Jet who sits next to him.

"So, do you have a trainer? You know, someone who you're friends with?" He removes a pokeball from his belt holding it out so that the Tyrogue can examine it from a distance. "They probably carry something like this with them."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lysandra: Once More, With Feeling
    Show

The pokemon center's main lobby is filled with calming elevator music, designed to mute any conversations and allow some measure of privacy in the otherwise wide open space. On the right, behind a large glass partition and sliding doors, is a hostel area with what looks like enough bunk beds for over 50 people. You can see a girl in a yellow skirt, white button-down shirt, and black leggings gathering her belongings into a yellow and black striped duffel bag. Her fire-red hair is done back in a pony tail bound with spiked cuffs that reaches her hips.

to the left is a seating/waiting area, occupied by a young man sprawled out across two seats, one arm propped up on the seat-backs, the other holding a book in front of his face. He's wearing faded-almost grey jeans, a grey green buttoned shirt, and a broad-brimmed olive drab safari hat. You can't read the cover of his book from here. It's blurry and refuses to snap into focus, it kinda stings your eyes to look at.
    Also in the waiting area, but sat far enough away that they must not be traveling together, is a huddle of two boys and two girls all dressed in martial arts gis.

past the seating area, in the corner, are a bank of vid-phone kiosks.

Elliot speaks up "I am reminded, I need to make a call, please excuse me." He glides across towards the kiosks.

Directly opposite the door is a reception desk womaned by two nearly identical nurses in white and beige outfits and bubblegum pink hair in looping pigtails. A large, pink, egg shaped pokemon stands near them. The one to your left is typing away at a computer. The one on the right keeps throwing glances at the book-reader and mumbling to the pokemon.

OOC: Hope this is more what you were after.

Tyson:
    The Tyrogue winces as if in pain when you ask about a trainer, it grimaces and shakes its head. It starts to back away, but pauses when you hold out the pokeball.

10. - Top - End - #310

NinjaGuy

Looks like I hit a nerve...

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna hit you with it." He stands up and uses the pokeball to recall Jet. "It's already taken."

"Try to look out for yourself in the future alright? I can't always be there to help you out so you gotta get stronger."

"You're a fighting type so I know you'll be alright!" He says over his shoulder as he walks back towards the party.

"Just turned out to be another Murkrow. They were picking on the Tyrogue over there, but it looks like it's fine now. So what'd ya end up finding in the alley?"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "So what'd ya end up finding in the alley?"
    A grin splits Cassandra's face. "I caught a Honedge! I thought I saw something that looked like a scabbard down in that alleyway, and I was totally right."

She looks at her two companions. "Are we ready to keep going to the Pokemart?"
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-17 at 01:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

OOC: players should always feel able to prod the GM to posting if you feel like the group is waiting on me to advance the story.

Ken, Cassandra, Tyson:

You arrive at the Viridian City Official Pokemon League Pokemart, accept no substitute!

Once inside, you are quickly chilled by the overzealous AC unit pumping away in the relatively small building, you are further lulled by the buzzing PA spewing elevator music. A pimply boy in an apron and glasses sits behind the counter flipping through a magazine, there is a red placard that has OUT OF STOCK written across the top. Below, written in chalk is
    TM 91

over his head, on a similar placard, PROMOTION SALE!!! - Baby food half off! purchases of 5,000 or more are accompanied by a complimentary premier ball and an entry into the pokemart sweepstakes!

the shelves are lined with very basic restorative items and pokeballs.

OOC: Players should note for future reference, any store called out as a Pokemart is an Official League-Brand store, they are rarely the ONLY stores in town. (Apricorn ball crafters, weapon smiths/ trinkets, exotic grocers, etc.)
    OOC: since it's not actually in the rules, Baby Food normally costs 200 to purchase
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-17 at 08:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

NinjaGuy

"A Honedge? Is that... the sword pokemon you were talking about before? Nice!"

He places Kasumi on top of his hat and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, let's get goin'."

14. - Top - End - #314

AssassinGuy

Ken looks at Cassandra in surprise. "Wait that's the one you were just a talking about...." Ken laughs a bit. "Well not in a weapons shop but hey that's awesome!"

He recalls Needle to his pokeball. "Might be safer in the streets at dark for you in here buddy." And places the ball back on his belt.

Walking into the PokeMart Ken is taken by surprise at the cold air. "Ok vest might be coming back on soon!" At the selection, his thoughts are voiced but the voicing seems unconscious. "Let's see, we have plenty of these so far, could use more of those..... how many pokeballs do we have and how many antidotes will we need....." Zippo takes an inquisitive stance on Ken's shoulder, mimicking his trainer. "What do y'all think we should get the most of?" He asks Cassandra and Tyson.

15. - Top - End - #315

NinjaGuy

When Ken is met by the cool night breeze Tyson laughs. "And that's why I rarely take off this jacket!"

"Just like the one back in Fuchsia. Gotta hand it to'em, the Pokemon League is consistent for sure." he remarks as the group enters the PokeMart.

After taking some time to look around, when he notices the promotion he'll reply to Ken, "Baby Food might not be a bad place to start. We should all pick up a few potions, bandages, and antidotes if we don't have'em already. I was thinking about picking up bait while we're here; and some pokeballs too of course. I think I'm gonna try and catch that Pikachu I saw before at the gym. Nurse Joy told me they were native to Viridian Forest. If you can find electric type pokemon there I wonder what else calls that forest home?"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-17 at 03:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Cassandra agrees with Tyson. "All good ideas," she says.

Cassandra goes up the counter and asks the teen if they have any iron-enriched baby food since that was what Nurse Joy had told her to get for the Pawniard when it hatched.

OOC: Cassandra will buy 15 "jars" of baby food @ 1500, 2 potions @ 400, and 2 antidotes @ 400.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

The boy shrugs at your question, he glances up and suddenly becomes much more attentive. "I, uh, yeah I'm pretty sure." He clears his throat and tosses the magazine to the side. "It's uhm. just over here." He takes you down an aisle that seems entirely dedicated to pokefeed. "Here ya go." he indicates a seemingly identical set of baby food containers, except these have a tiny blue splatter at the bottom that proclaims that it has been specially formulated for Rock, Steel, and Grass types

As he rings up your purchase he makes sure you're aware of the special Premier ball and sweep-stakes deal going on. He glances at Ken and Tyson and asks "So, uh, are you new in town or what?"
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-18 at 02:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The boy shrugs at your question, he glances up and suddenly becomes much more attentive. "I, uh, yeah I'm pretty sure." He clears his throat and tosses the magazine to the side. "It's uhm. just over here." He takes you down an aisle that seems entirely dedicated to pokefeed. "Here ya go." he indicates a seemingly identical set of baby food containers, except these have a tiny blue splatter at the bottom that proclaims that it has been specially formulated for Rock, Steel, and Grass types

As he rings up your purchase he makes sure you're aware of the special Premier ball and sweep-stakes deal going on. He glances at Ken and Tyson and asks "So, uh, are you new in town or what?"

Cassandra smiles and bows to the boy as he goes to help her. When he glances at her companions, she says, "We just started the Gym League Challenge. Tyson," she points to the one in the Fuchsia jacket, "and I just got here this morning. I'm pretty sure were gonna get supplies and head out tomorrow."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

"Oh, that's cool, I mean, yeah, I'm thinking about putting in an application myself, but I've been working here for three summers, so I don't get that much time to train, you know." He looks over at Ninja Boy and Fire Boy "What made you guys team up?" He asks, seemingly genuinely curious.
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-18 at 02:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Cassandra explains the new rules that the Professor had implemented this year where two trainers had to travel in a pair to at least Viridian. "Professor Oak put Tyson and I together. Ken just kinda joined up when we checked in at the Pokemon Center. He was with some girl named... Lucille, I think?"

"What does your team look like so far?" she asks, making an attempt at small talk while she waits for the boys. "Do you have anything you're looking forward to catching once you start the League Challenge?"
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-18 at 02:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321

AssassinGuy

Ken scans each aisle's items looking for what he may need to replace or need in prep time. "Bait and poke balls are definitely great ideas, antidotes too. Probably a ton of bugs in there."

While Cassandra is talking to the boy at the register, Ken starts to think about how he kinda just pushed himself into the group. Then proceeded to cause trouble for everyone. Guess I should think more before doing anything. No more jumping into random battles for us... At least when there's a group that can swoop down....

He turns to Tyson. "So you're both sure y'all are okay with me staying on?" At the mention of Lucille, Ken will turn and respond "That's the one! Sorry for interrupting!"

OOC: Ken will buy 3 antidotes @ $600

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ken, Tyson, and Cassandra:

The clerk shivers when you explain the new regulations. "People die!?. the clerk shuffles back and forth, "I uh... I don't have one yet, my parents have a Duramaka, poliwhirl, and munna..." he swallows heavily, and changes to your other question. "I think more than anything else, I'd want to catch a Pyroar."

When Ken chimes in about Lucille, the clerk looks between the three of you. "How come you guys didn't take her with you too?"

He does a quick count as he rings up Ken's order and observes. "You guys sure are taking a lot of Antidotes... is there a strong poison type nearby or something?"
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-18 at 02:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

NinjaGuy

Wandering the aisles, Tyson picks up several items as he listens to Cassandra's conversation. "Yeah, why wouldn't we?" he says to Ken as he continues to look through the shelves.

After browsing through the store's inventory Tyson brings his selections to the register. "This should be everything." he says the the clerk.

Tyson shrugs at the clerks inquiry about Lucille. "Last I saw her she was dragging Ken off to stand in line for check in at the Pokemon Center."

OOC: Tyson is purchasing 2x Pokeballs, 2x Antidotes, 2x Bandages, 2x Bait and 3x Baby Food for a total of 2300

"I have no idea if or what poison types live in that forest but I'd rather have antidotes and not need'em, than need'em and not have'em."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-18 at 03:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Tyson:

The clerk hands you your supplies and receipt "She disappear on you or something?" He pauses to consider your Antidote supply. "I guess that makes sense... My neighbor's Elekid was pretty badly poisoned once... it was nasty."

"Can I get you guys anything else today?" He says, almost sullen.
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-18 at 03:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"I think more than anything else, I'd want to catch a Pyroar."

When Ken chimes in about Lucille, the clerk looks between the three of you. "How come you guys didn't take her with you too?"

Poke Edu to remember what Pyroar is: 9

"Pyroar's... a lion, right?" she says slowly, struggling to bring the pokemon to mind. "That's cool! As for Lucille, she left way before we did. I saw her dragging two other trainers away while we were standing outside the Pokemon Center."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-18 at 03:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

"That's right, Pyroar is a fire-lion that lives in rolling grasslands, the area between Pallet and Viridian used to have a decent population of them before 'The Zone' was put in place." He tilts his head when you describe Lucille's behavior again. "Sounds like a habit for her..." a lightbulb goes off over his head. "Oh... she might have been in here earlier, shorter kid? looks kinda young to be a League Trainer? she had two boys in what looked like school uniforms with her. she bought up a bunch of pokeballs and healing supplies, then took off. She's... uh.. intense."

27. - Top - End - #327

AssassinGuy

Ken smiles at the clerk as he thanks him and places the antidotes in his bag. "Yeah she disappeared on me. Almost took my arm with her!" Ken laughs a bit. "Pyroar huh? I actually want to find one of those too! Also another great Fire type." Ken starts considering new nicknames for other Pokémon, specifically if he gets a Pyroar.

"Definitely want to be prepared for about anything out there." He looks at his own bag and then back to the clerk. "Actually, I may as well get some of the babyfood too. Sorry about that". Ken goes down the aisle and picks up some jars labeled for Fire and Poison types. "Here we go!"

"Yeah intense would be a kid way to describe her." Ken suppresses a cold chill at remembering Lucille's break neck pacing.

OOC: Ken also buys 4 jars of baby food @ $400
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-18 at 03:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

NinjaGuy

Tyson laughs. "That definitely sounds like her... Wonder who the other two were? Either way, she's probably long gone by now based on what Ken's told us."

"A fire lion? That's dope!" He turns his head, "Ken, you ever hear anything about Pyroar? That'd be an awesome pokemon to catch."

Rubbing his chin he continues, "Now that I think about it, there might be a pokemon like that in the Safari Zone back in Fuchsia."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Once everyone has completed their purchases, Cassandra thanks the clerk and bows to him.

"We should probably head back to the pokemon center for the night so we can get an early start for the forest in the morning. Ready guys?"

Perception for any pokemon on the way back: AP for a boost- 16

30. - Top - End - #330

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "A fire lion? That's dope!" He turns his head, "Ken, you ever hear anything about Pyroar? That'd be an awesome pokemon to catch."
    "Oh yeah! Actually now that he mentions they could have been out there I'm kinda disappointed. It's one of the high ones on the list, not nearly as high as maybe an Arcanine, like Blaine," Ken mentions off to the side, "but still pretty high." Ken turns back to the clerk and thanks him again.

When Cassandra mentions getting an early start in the morning. "Yeah you're right. It is getting pretty late, I'm ready when you both are!" On the walk back Ken continues to keep an eye open for any Pokemon that might be up and about.

Spoiler: Perception for Pokemon
    Show

Perception: 7 (It continues!)
    http://orokos.com/roll/476608