Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

"Looks pretty beat up but I think it'll make a full recovery given enough time." He looks over to the fainted Nidoran and back to the Buneary. "But honestly I'm not sure if it'll make it out here much longer..."

He pauses for a moment before pulling out an empty pokeball. "Don't worry, you're gonna be alright." He smiles at the Buneary before he taps it with the pokeball.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "Looks pretty beat up but I think it'll make a full recovery given enough time." He looks over to the fainted Nidoran and back to the Buneary. "But honestly I'm not sure if it'll make it out here much longer..."

He pauses for a moment before pulling out an empty pokeball. "Don't worry, you're gonna be alright." He smiles at the Buneary before he taps it with the pokeball.

Tyson:

The Pokeball vibrates briefly in your hand before clicking shut. Bunneary was Caught!

Spoiler: Tyson's Buneary
    Show

Buneary, Female, Level 1, Desperate Nature, Klutz Ability

Kasumi hops onto you and crawls back up onto your shoulder. looking dubiously at the newly filled pokeball.

OOC: It is worth noting that I didn't call for a roll because Bunneary's capture number was sitting somewhere in the 130s, but I would normally still require one.
    Last edited by big teej; 2016-09-26 at 09:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Tyson:

The Pokeball vibrates briefly in your hand before clicking shut. Bunneary was Caught!

Kasumi hops onto you and crawls back up onto your shoulder. looking dubiously at the newly filled pokeball.
    "We're gonna see if we can get her treated at a pokemon center. Whether she comes with us or not will be up for her to decide." Tyson attaches the Buneary's pokeball to the left side of his belt. Then gently rubs Kasumi's head. "You made that battle look easy! I guess we'll have to find you stronger opponent's huh?" He smirks.

"Now let's get this guy out of the way and eat some lunch. I'm dyin'!"

Tyson walks over to the fainted Nidoran, picks it up, and moves it off of the route and places it underneath some shrubbery where it can't easily be seen.

"I think he'll be safe there for now. This way he'll have a chance to recover." He walks back toward Cassandra. "Lunch sound good to you Cassie?"

4. - Top - End - #64

Griffon

"Be careful not to prick yourself on it's spines," Cassandra says when Tyson picks up the unconscious Nidoran. "You don't wanna end up like the Buneary."

When he mentioned lunch, her stomach growls loudly, as if on command. "Lunch sounds really good to me. Let's see if we can find somewhere close to the road that we can rest and eat."

When they find a suitable place, the Oracle puts down her backpack and gets out a couple dry bars made of fruit and oatmeal. She pours a bowl of pokemon food for Raum to eat.

5. - Top - End - #65

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    When he mentioned lunch, her stomach growls loudly, as if on command. "Lunch sounds really good to me. Let's see if we can find somewhere close to the road that we can rest and eat."

When they find a suitable place, the Oracle puts down her backpack and gets out a couple dry bars made of fruit and oatmeal. She pours a bowl of pokemon food for Raum to eat.
    Tyson will follow suit and finds a place to sit with Kasumi. He finds some pokemon food and lets the Froakie have her fill while he eats some trail mix from a bag.

"So... we having fun yet?" Tyson smiles as he eats his trail mix. He keeps an eye on Kasumi, making sure she doesn't eat too much.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2016-09-26 at 12:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

You easily find a small clearing off to the side of the route to have lunch in.

Once youíre settled in, Raum alternates between devouring his food and walking around the edge of the small clearing you are sat in. Kasumi is content to swipe a single mouthful of Raumís food when the dog isnít looking, but otherwise simply watches the devil dog with a slightly bemused expression.

You hear a swish in the trees just outside the clearing, followed by a hollow thud.

OOC: players, and their pokemon, should roll perception.
    also:
    Spoiler: Experience!
    Show

The Story So Far (I.E. unless you have information I don't, this should account for all of your exp for the game so far.
    Party:
    Encounter with Nidoran and Bunneary: 22 EXP to participating pokemon.

Cassandra:
    Catching 1 New Pokemon - 1 Trainer EXP
    Creating an Alternate Milestone - 5 Trainer EXP
    Finding Error in TM document - 1 Trainer EXP

Tyson:
    Catching 2 New Pokemon - 2 Trainer EXP
    Creating an Alternate Milestone - 5 Trainer EXP

more freebie exp can be found on the obsidian portal under Extra Curriculars
    - before taking advantage of the EXP from getting your character sheet up, let me get an example posted (should happen sometime this week)
    Last edited by big teej; 2016-09-26 at 09:53 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

NinjaGuy

Party:
    You easily find a small clearing off to the side of the route to have lunch in.

Once youíre settled in, Raum alternates between devouring his food and walking around the edge of the small clearing you are sat in. Kasumi is content to swipe a single mouthful of Raumís food when the dog isnít looking, but otherwise simply watches the devil dog with a slightly bemused expression.

You hear a swish in the trees just outside the clearing, followed by a hollow thud.
    "I'll make sure to replace that..." Tyson laughs as he watches his Kasumi's antics.

Hmm...?

Tyson's Perception: 7

http://orokos.com/roll/439669

Kasumi's Perception: 9

http://orokos.com/roll/439672

8. - Top - End - #68

Griffon

"So... we having fun yet?" Tyson smiles as he eats his trail mix.
    "This is the most exciting thing I've ever done," Cassandra replies. She grins at Tyson. "I haven't been outside the temple walls since I was a little girl. Until about a year ago, I'd never even thought about battling pokemon, or doing the league challenge. This will be a great journey for the both of us Tyson."

The oracle sees the small blue frog swipe a handful of food and laughs. "You don't need to worry about it."

Cassandra's Perception: 13

Raum's Perception: 6

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Tyson:

Perhaps too distracted by his pokemonís antics, our bleeding heart ninja boy does not notice anything unusual. Kasumi, in turn, is too busy keeping an eye on Raum and Raumís food.

Cassandra:

Raum begins digging at the ground at the edge of the clearing.

Spoiler: Hey, what's that? (Cassandra Only)
    Show
    On the opposite side of the clearing, you notice a slight quiver in a bush, and then an apricorn appearsÖ it has feet. And eyes. Those eyes look between the devil dog, the tiny frog, and the laughing ninja.

The apricorn then very slowly, takes a long, exaggerated step out into the clearing, and then another. It is creeping towards Raumís unattended food bowl. It seems unaware of you, or the fact you've noticed it.

Last edited by big teej; 2016-09-27 at 09:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Griffon

Cassandra looks intently at something across the clearing. She reaches down slowly into her bag and pulls out her pokedex.

Pokemon Education: 8

11. - Top - End - #71

NinjaGuy

Cassandra looks intently at something across the clearing. She reaches down slowly into her bag and pulls out her pokedex.
    Between mouthfuls of trail mix Tyson asks, "Uh... you alright Cassie?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:
    Spoiler: Have I seen this before?
    Show

You don't remember what it does, or what it's called, but you know from time to time your parents would have the gardens cleared of these creatures, they were smaller, and many looked like normal apricorns - even though the garden didn't have any apricorn trees.

Tyson:

Following Cassandra's intent gaze, you see a large apricorn... with eyes.... and feet. Taking careful exaggerated steps towards Raum's food bowl. It's eyes are locked on the pokemon food. It appears unaware that you have noticed it. OOC: roll poke edu

13. - Top - End - #73

NinjaGuy

Tyson:

Following Cassandra's intent gaze, you see a large apricorn... with eyes.... and feet. Taking careful exaggerated steps towards Raum's food bowl. It's eyes are locked on the pokemon food. It appears unaware that you have noticed it. OOC: roll poke edu
    Pokemon Edu.: 4

http://orokos.com/roll/440071

Hmm...? What's with the walking apricorn?

Tyson mimics Cassandra and slowly reaches into his pocket and pulls out his pokedex to register the pokemon. After doing so he'll pocket the pokedex once again before shoveling another handful of trail mix into his mouth.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2016-09-27 at 04:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

PING!

Originally Posted by Pokedex

Seedot, The Acorn Pokemon. This Grass Type Pokemon is known for scaring unwary travelers by leaping suddenly from the branches of trees. It hangs from tree branches, absorbing nutrients, until it becomes to heavy and falls off.
    Both Kasumi and Raum turn at the sudden noise and glare at the Seedot. Raum barks excitedly and Kasumi braces itself to leap upon the smaller pokemon.

The Seedot, mere feet away from the pokemon food, freezes at the idenfitying pinging of your pokedices. It's eyes bug out as it realizes it's been spotted and it turns to run away.

OOC: The entire party has intiative on the Seedot if they wish to interact with it, otherwise it will sprint away into the brush.

15. - Top - End - #75

NinjaGuy

"You can let it go Kasumi. I think it's just hungry?." Tyson says as he looks on in amusement.

16. - Top - End - #76

Griffon

If Raum starts to look like he'll attack the Seedot, she'll call him back over to her, otherwise she'll let him investigate if he wants.

"It probably wouldn't have liked Raum's food anyway. It's sour-flavored."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2016-09-28 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Missed our GMs post and thought the Seedot still hadn't seen us

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

The Seedot successfully escapes into the woods. the remainder of your meal passes uneventfully....

18. - Top - End - #78

Griffon

Once they finish eating, Cassandra will pack up her things and will resume her and Tyson's journey. While they wal she'll keep her eye out for anything.

Pickup Ability Roll: 5

19. - Top - End - #79

NinjaGuy

Tyson packs his things back into bag, picks up Kasumi, and follows Cassandra and Raum back onto Route 1.

"Hey Cassie, you mentioned before that you lived in a temple, yeah?"

OOC: "We're on the road to Viridian City!"

20. - Top - End - #80

Griffon

"I did," Cassandra answers. "It's just outside Lavender Town. My grandparents run it."

Even only a few days into her journey she couldn't deny that she already missed grandparents. Her grandfather was a strong stoic type who never minced his words. He would indulge her, his only grandchild, however, with stories of the past; most of them revolved around princes fighting dragon-type pokemon, but every once in while while grandmother wasn't listening he'd sneak one in that was a little darker, involving ghost and dark types. He'd say they were just stories, but Cassandra guessed there were probably told to him by his own grandfather, who passed them down from his grandfather. His stories were what had first made her interested in learning the art of throwing bones.

Her grandmother was gentle and considerate, a stark contrast to the Gengar that lived in her shadow. It loved to play pranks on her. It's favorite thing was to come through the mirror in her bedroom making creepy noises while it did so. But the ghost-pokemon would sometimes play with her as well, letting her chase it through the gardens, or play a not-out-to-scare-Cassandra version of hide-and-seek.

21. - Top - End - #81

NinjaGuy

"I did," Cassandra answers. "It's just outside Lavender Town. My grandparents run it."
    "Lavender..." Tyson pauses in thought. "That's not too far from Fuchsia. If we're both taking on the League Challenge I'd imagine we'll be passing through Lavender at some point. Think we could visit the temple sometime? I've never been to one."

22. - Top - End - #82

Griffon

"Of course we could visit!" the oracle replies. She smiles, happy that anyone would want to visit other than the riff-raff looking to challenge her grandparents for control of the temple.

Cassandra just hoped her grandmother hadn't manage to kill the entire garden she'd so painstakingly maintained in the time they made it there.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

Back on Route 1, your journey continues uneventfully for several hours, you occasionally hear the cries of pokemon out in the woods off the trail, but nothing that wanders out onto the Route or anything.

Kasumi begins experimenting with how large a bubble she can form before it pops.

Raum is completely fascinated by everything and covers about 2 miles for every mile his trainer does with the extra zig-zagging and back-and-forth he does over the route snuffling constantly.

it is approximately 7:00 PM.

OOC: Roll Perception.

24. - Top - End - #84

NinjaGuy

"Of course we could visit!" the oracle replies. She smiles, happy that anyone would want to visit other than the riff-raff looking to challenge her grandparents for control of the temple.
    "Then it's settled! We'll visit the temple on the way to Lavender Town and when we visit Fuchsia I'll take you on a tour of the Safari Zone. Only fair right?"

After several hours pass...

Perception: 14

http://orokos.com/roll/441281

25. - Top - End - #85

Griffon

"Then it's settled! We'll visit the temple on the way to Lavender Town and when we visit Fuchsia I'll take you on a tour of the Safari Zone. Only fair right?"

After several hours pass...
    "Sounds good to me Tyson," Cassandra replies.

Perception
    : 12

OOC: That was a bad roll for me XD Why Orokos?!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

A strange snuffling sound draws your attention into the brush on the side of the route. A brown and yellow bipedal creature is standing over a small pink quadraped with what looks like a flower growing on it's forehead. a few feet away is a small black and grey pokemon resembling a fox.

both of them appear to be fast asleep. As you watch, the yellow and brown creature leans over them and inhales deeply, making that snuffling noise that you heard before, a purple haze can be seen emerging from the sleeping creatures' noses and disappearing into the larger one's snout.

Behind you there is a ruckus in the trees, sounds like two birds having a disagreement. An impression confirmed when a rotund blue pokemon comes gliding out of the trees in a huff and alights upon Cassandra's head, looking for all the world like a blue fluffy hat.

a 2nd bird appears in the branches of the tree, preening itself with a smug expression, it has a dark blue back and white belly.

27. - Top - End - #87

NinjaGuy

Party:

A strange snuffling sound draws your attention into the brush on the side of the route. A brown and yellow bipedal creature is standing over a small pink quadraped with what looks like a flower growing on it's forehead. a few feet away is a small black and grey pokemon resembling a fox.

both of them appear to be fast asleep. As you watch, the yellow and brown creature leans over them and inhales deeply, making that snuffling noise that you heard before, a purple haze can be seen emerging from the sleeping creatures' noses and disappearing into the larger one's snout.

Behind you there is a ruckus in the trees, sounds like two birds having a disagreement. An impression confirmed when a rotund blue pokemon comes gliding out of the trees in a huff and alights upon Cassandra's head, looking for all the world like a blue fluffy hat.

a 2nd bird appears in the branches of the tree, preening itself with a smug expression, it has a dark blue back and white belly.
    As the party comes across the first scene Tyson reaches for his pokedex to help assess the situation.

Pokemon Edu.: 7 (Spent 1 AP to boost roll by 1d6, and I'm still an idiot!)

http://orokos.com/roll/442214

He'll try to register the birds after the blue one roosts on Cassandra's head.

28. - Top - End - #88

Griffon

Cassandra follows suit and pulls out her own Pokedex to figure out what Pokemon are hiding in the bushes, because she had absolutely no idea what they are off the top of her head.

Pokemon Education:.... 9, Spent 1 AP to add 1d6

Speaking of the top of her head, she squeaks a little when the blue bird lands on her. It weighs almost nothing and it's warm and fluffy. "Hi silly bird. Did that other one chase you away?" she asks it.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2016-10-03 at 10:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

Perhaps overcome by the number of pokemon in front of you, nobody recalls any useful information beyond what is provided by their Pokedex.

Ping!
    Spoiler: Pokedex Info
    Show
    (Spoiler: Pokedex info)

Originally Posted by Pokedex

Drowzee Ė The Hypnotic Pokemon, said to feed on the dreams of humans and pokemon sleeping nearby.

Deerling Ė The Season Pokemon, Deerling and itís evolved form change with each season.

Zorua Ė The Tricky Fox Pokemon. Zorua frequently disguise themselves as small human children and other pokemon.

Swablu Ė The Cotton Bird Pokemon, Swablu enjoys roosting on peoplesí heads and cleaning things with itís cotton-like wings.

Taillow Ė A Flying Type Pokemon that refuses to back down from any opponent, however, it becomes weak and whiny when hungry.

The Swablu chirps indignantly at Cassandraís question and ruffles itís cotton wings.

The Tailllow puffs out itís chest and keeps preening.

30. - Top - End - #90

NinjaGuy

Party:

Perhaps overcome by the number of pokemon in front of you, nobody recalls any useful information beyond what is provided by their Pokedex.

The Swablu chirps indignantly at Cassandraís question and ruffles itís cotton wings.

The Tailllow puffs out itís chest and keeps preening.
    Tyson can't help but laugh at Cassandra and the Swablu.

"There's no shame in running away little bird." Tyson says to the Swablu. His attention shifts back over to the Hypno and two sleeping pokemon. "Cassie, you interested in any of those pokemon? I think I might try and catch one of those sleeping pokemon... maybe another bird too." He says with a grin.

OOC: That's a lot of pokemon! Tyson is interested in catching Zorua, Taillow, and Deerling in that order. Does Cassie want any of those pokemon or have any preferences?