New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

Spoiler: Aegwynn and Gm
    Show

As the water hits Ken and he finally sees the big Poliwag tensing to attack, he blinks a couple times. Making sure there isn't anything in his eyes.

"Right, sorry about that little guys. I'll be going now."

Ken backs up away from the trio of Poliwag back to Aegwynn and Zach. When he returns, "So yeah probably a collar like you said Zach. Sorry for the side run Aegwynn!"

When he notices the owner of the property. "I'm sorry for the disruption sir. I was trying to get a look at that medallion on the big Poliwag. But yeah we wanted to check in since the notice was still posted. Anything we can help with?"

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: Occultwerks
    Show
    When the "wind" pulls at Cassandra's clothes, she could swear that it feels familiar, like something her grandmother's Gengar would do. She's proved right when the small handkerchief floats over to her. "Hey, you're a Shuppet!" She bows to the pokemon and almost overbalances. "What're you up to?"

Using Intuition as Charm with Mystic Senses:15 with an AP boost

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Ken and GM
    Show
    Aegwynn looked at the waterlogged yard and, seeing Ken backing off from a well adorned Poliwag, "I'm sure he's just curious...he means no malice, sir." she said while in the back of her head a rather hasty and mean thought streaked by, but she shook it off quickly. She turned back to the man, a rather timid look on her face as she seemed to be afraid to ask something. The yard looked like quite the job, and she wasn't sure what they had on hand that could help clear this place up. Water is in the basement though, "How much water is in the basement?" she asked rather timidly, unsure if they may be equipped to handle such a job.

4. - Top - End - #874

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Lennox and GM
    Show
    "Nice teamwork guys, you two made that look easy!" Tyson looks over just in time to see Quake hurt itself in confusion and Lennox's goat grapple the Pichu only to be met with a bolt of electricity. Nothing short of 'professional'... Never seen that pokemon before. Looks like a grass type. He pulls out his Pokedex and registers the Skiddo before pocketing it and moving towards the pile of garbage.

As he walks toward the Voltorb and passes her, he hears Genevieve giggle and ask about their respective monikers. Her comment strikes a nerve in Tyson and his eyes narrow in turn, though he does not stop or turn to face her as he replies coolly. "Nah, at least not where I'm from..."

When he reaches the pile of garbage he'll look for the Voltorb and pull it out after finding it. He takes a deep breath and exhales. "Sorry about that. A four on one didn't exactly seem like a fair fight." He looks back to alley as he rests the Voltorb against the wall of a nearby building. "Though I'm starting to think I should've let you keep going."

Who the does this guy think he is anyway? We've met less than an hour ago and he's already starting to bug me more than a Beedrill. He didn't even think to recall his Rhyhorn and now he's got his hands on that Pichu. Tyson shakes his head and rejoins his two pokemon. Whatever...

"Hey Kasumi, think you could rinse off my arms for me?" He kneels down holds out his arms in front of him, elbows bent.

Nimbus watches the struggle between the Skiddo and the Pichu with obvious concern. "Don't worry Nimbus, it'll be over soon." I hope...

Spoiler: Guile
    Show

5. - Top - End - #875

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    Show
    "Nice teamwork guys, you two made that look easy!" Tyson looks over just in time to see Quake hurt itself in confusion and Lennox's goat grapple the Pichu only to be met with a bolt of electricity.

Whoa.
    His Pokemon are strong. Not Quake strong but definitely not slouches. I gotta step my game up.
    Spoiler: Tyson and GM
    Show
    "Not Bad Twe-, Tyson. You got some pretty strong 'Mon There. Excellent work taking that Voltorb out". Lennox says walking over to Quake. "This Pichu has got some spunk. Reminds me of my Uncle's. It'll be a strong addition to my Squad." He says, grabbing a pokeball from his pocket and tossing it at the pichu

Spoiler: Roll for Capture
    Show
    Pokeball Toss: 1d20 16 Catch: 1d100 28

Spoiler: Tyson and GM (Proper Care and Such)
    Show
    Whoa, Whoa! Eaaaasy bud. Lennox says. Trying to soothe his Rhyhorn. You had a pretty rough go of it Huh, Q. Kneeling beside Rhyhorn and reaching for his potion. Try This. *Quake Consumes a Potion. "You still feeling up for the Mission?"
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Ken and Aegwynn
    Show

The man shrugs at Ken's explanation, "just kinda looked like you'd given em a scare, no harm done I guess. Mine likes to play with the wild ones that live in the creek."

He scowls again when Aegwynn asks about the basement. "I ain't been down there in a week, it was up to my waist, though I imagine by now plenty of it's soaked into stuff that it could be lower."

OOC: trying to drain this guy's basement or yard is purely optional, especially if you don't think you have any pokemon capable of doing anything about it.

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

The shuppet chirps and rotates in a noisy flutter at being acknowledged. It floats in front of you, it's tongue slowly lolling out of it's mouth as it watches you.

Spoiler: Tyson and Lennox:
    Show

The ball bounces off the Pichu's head and it disappears inside.
    Spoiler: wiggle wiggle
    Show

Spoiler: wobble wobble
    Show

Spoiler: click!
    Show

PICHU WAS CAUGHT
    Level 3, Male, Bashful Nature, Static Ability

Quake still looks around wildly, it's pupils shrunk to pin-points, it thrashes away from you at first, but your soothing words and the potion slowly bring it back and Quake soon looks around, seemingly confused (but not Confused) where it's opponents went.

Spoiler: Tyson:
    Show
    Kasumi hops over and opens her mouth to jet water onto Tyson, but instead of a steady trickle, a torrent vomits forth and a blinding white light envelopes the tiny frog. You can vaguely make out her form as she grows larger, leaner, taller. The light eventually fades, revealing the Kasumi that is instead of the Kasumi that was... She examines her new body and looks at you. she blows and pops a bubble.

Nimbus stands on watching the wild Pichu struggle against the Skiddo. Electricity sparks from it's cheek and arcs up between it's ears. That same white light consumes Nimbus, you hear a riotous cacophony of electric discharge and the light disappears, Nimbus has grown as well. It's new thunder-bolt shaped tail slaps against the ground in irritation, a stray arc of current runneling around it's body.

Spoiler: party
    Show

OOC:
    as a reminder, keep very close tabs on your pokemons exp, and make sure to let me know when a pokemon is getting close to evolving, because some pokemon I'm going to do stuff with as/before/after they evolve and need to be able to post accordingly. (as a go-to example, Magnemite to Magneton... your pokemon hits level whatever, but doesn't evolve right away, oh well, whatever right? hey... what's that sound? why is it getting louder?
    and then, suddenly, two more magnemite, shrieking, come flying out of nowhere and rocket into your magnemite. BAM
    magneton

see?

7. - Top - End - #877

NinjaGuy

Show
    Tyson's eyebrow rises slightly. What was that? "Thanks... Today's the first day I've battled with Nimbus since I caught him and he's proven to be strong despite his inexperience." He watches the Pichu disappear inside of the pokeball. At least he can do that right...

"Thanks Kasum- What the!?" Tyson falls backward onto his rear end as he watches Kasumi undergo her transformation. He shares a moment with Kasumi as the two look the Frogadier over before she finally pops a bubble. "You okay?" Kasumi winks back at him. "Yeah, you're okay." Tyson laughs, gets on his feet, and picks up the Frogadier. "Kasumi, that was cooler than an a Cubchoo! You look awesome! And you're heavy..." She pops a bubble in his face.

"Hey Nimbus, you okay..." The Pichu is enveloped in light and electricity discharges from it's cheeks. "Again!?" Tyson sets Kasumi down and walks over to Nimbus. He approaches cautiously. "Hey Nimbus, you okay?" This is probably going to hurt. He reaches out and pets the Pikachu on the head expecting a shock, slowly picking Nimbus up as he continues. "Easy boy... The fight's over now. How are'ya feelin'?

He pulls out his pokedex and registers the two pokemon. After Lennox is finished tending to his Rhyhorn Tyson will ask the other two trainers, "So are we ready to get going?"

If Lennox and Gen are ready to proceed Tyson will head to the job site with them, Kasumi and Nimbus in tow. When they arrive Tyson pulls the poster from his pocket and looks at the storefront. "Looks like the place." He walks over to the entrance and holds open the door. "Lead the way."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-05-08 at 04:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #878

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    Spoiler: Lennox and GM(Responded)
    Show
    Tyson's eyebrow rises slightly. What was that? "Thanks... Today's the first day I've battled with Nimbus since I caught him and he's proven to be strong despite his inexperience." He watches the Pichu disappear inside of the pokeball. At least he can do that right...

"Thanks Kasum- What the!?" Tyson falls backward onto his rear end as he watches Kasumi undergo her transformation. He shares a moment with Kasumi as the two look the Frogadier over before she finally pops a bubble. "You okay?" Kasumi winks back at him. "Yeah, you're okay." Tyson laughs, gets on his feet, and picks up the Frogadier. "Kasumi, that was cooler than an a Cubchoo! You look awesome! And you're heavy..." She pops a bubble in his face.

"Hey Nimbus, you okay..." The Pichu is enveloped in light and electricity discharges from it's cheeks. "Again!?" Tyson sets Kasumi down and walks over to Nimbus. He approaches cautiously. "Hey Nimbus, you okay?" This is probably going to hurt. He reaches out and pets the Pikachu on the head expecting a shock, slowly picking Nimbus up as he continues. "Easy boy... The fight's over now. How are'ya feelin'?

He pulls out his pokedex and registers the two pokemon. After Lennox is finished tending to his Rhyhorn Tyson will ask the other two trainers, "So are we ready to get going?"

And his 'mon just evolved! Jeez, I just meet this guy and he's leaving me behind. No More of that. Lennox walks over and Grabs his pokeballs off the round. "Not bad work. Not bad at all. Good Job, Djali!" He says, scratching behind her ears. "You too, Quake! Let's get going and knock out this Job. You guys deserve a break.

If Lennox and Gen are ready to proceed Tyson will head to the job site with them, Kasumi and Nimbus in tow. When they arrive Tyson pulls the poster from his pocket and looks at the storefront. "Looks like the place." He walks over to the entrance and holds open the door. "Lead the way."
    I'm ready to get going.

OOC: Pichu took no damage. Magnemite Has 1 Injury. Rhyhorn has 1 injury. Quake and Djali are out.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-05-08 at 04:50 PM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

9. - Top - End - #879

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Aegwynn and GM
    Show

Ken is a little shocked as the man explains the situation of the water level. At the same time he had seen the effects of water in buildings before, just not quite where it stays there. Ken lets Zippo back out of his ball and places the Cyndaquil on his shoulder again. "I know it's a little wet buddy but it'll dry soon."

Ken turns to the man after he finishes his explanation. "I don't actually have a Pokémon or tools like some used back home for draining the water. I'm sorry about that sir. Aegwynn, Zach, any thoughts?"
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-05-08 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Forgot the spoiler ending

10. - Top - End - #880

Show
    She timidly broke eye-contact with the homeowner when he complains about the basement. She was uncertain if any of her Pokemon could handle draining the yard without damaging it, let alone being able to rid the basement of any standing water without completely ruining the man's house. She bit her bottom lip as she thought a moment, looking to Ken when he seemed to reach out to her and Zach for any ideas. She suddenly had a burst of inspiration...but she was still uncertain if she'd even be able to do what she was thinking about. Regardless...she would need a spot to put the water. She quickly surveyed around the man's yard, looking for a spot where the water could be moved to.

Perception
    19! (1AP to boost)

Spoiler: If she can find a spot to put the water! (GM Only)
    Show
    'Looks like that's a good spot to put the water...' she thought to herself before turning to Ken and Zach, a small smile plastered upon her face, "I've got an idea for sure...but I'm still not sure if it's going to work...but it's worth a try!" she said as her eyes lit up just like they did back at the job board. Something was different this time, for before anything she lifted or manipulated with her mind seemed to take on her aura. She however seemed to lift up off of the porch and slowly drift out into the middle of the yard, no brilliant telekinetic aura surrounding her, as if she wasn't lifting herself with her own mind, but this seemed to be a trained, innate ability, looking over to Ken and Zach with brilliant glowing eyes, "Here goes nothing..." she said as she looked over to the water and began to concentrate...she'd always been able to manipulate solid objects, as taught back in the Gym, but water isn't solid...so this was a whole new concept to her. She aimed to try and gather up around what she would estimate to be about 10 gallons of water...anymore and it might be too heavy!

Focus
    15!

Spoiler: If she can lift the water! (GM Only)
    Show
    She somehow managed to gather up the liquid into an amorphous mass, floating above the yard, the entire water globule glowing brilliantly with her black and teal aura. She carefully and meticulously 'moved' it, the orb floating slowly off of the yard, pushing it to the spot she identified would be an appropriate place to dump the water.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lennox and Tyson:
    Show

Spoiler: PING!:
    Show

Originally posted by Pokedex
    Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pichu. Pikachu's tail is sometimes struck by lightning as it raises it to check its surroundings.

Frogadier, the Bubble Frog Pokémon, and the evolved form of Froakie. Frogadier's speed is unmatched. It can climb a tower over 2,000 feet tall in one minute.
    Spoiler: Perception or Focus 8
    Show

Those claims are completely unsubstantiated.

At length you arrive at the address from the notice, Omaine's Pocket-Brew and Distillery and Victuals, Spirites and Saltes inside!

The store is constructed in standard Pewter style, broad, squat, and stone, instead of the large showcase windows most stores are sporting however, this one only has a row of very thin windows well out of reach.

Genevieve thanks Tyson with a wink as she strolls into the store.
    "Salut Mons-- ahem, good afternoon sir." Genevieve says as soon as she's inside. "My friends and I heard that you are experiencing an infestation that needs dealing with."

Once inside, you see rows and rows of shelves, cases, and weird brackets set into the floor, along some of the aisles, and cluttering the shelves, are crates, barrels, bags, sacks, pots, bins, vessels, urns, bottles, flasks, vials, and all manner of other containers. ... about half the shelves are empty.

A man with oiled-back hair, wearing dress slacks, a white shirt and a black vest stands behind a counter top, smiling at Genevieve. "Uhm, yes, uh... Salut Mademoiselle" The man says uncertainly, with a distinctly Kantonese accent dripping around the vowels. Nevertheless, Genevieve applauds his efforts and giggles in delight. "You've heard correctly."

Spoiler: Aegwynn and Ken:
    Show

Zach shrugs "I got nothin, not without tearin up the guy's yard anyway. I say we go and find that...." Zach trails off watching Aegwynn float out over the water.
    Spoiler: Aegwynn
    Show

Perception: looking around, you see the creek mentioned in the notice snaking across the back yard, it looks marshier back there, but there's less standing water. Might as well put the water back where it came from right?

Focus: You're able to maneuver the blob from the front yard to the creek, you barely even falter, sure every few yards your sneakers would skim the water, or the blob would waver and start to drip, but it doesn't take more than two minutes to float it over and dump it.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

really this boils down to how long do you want to work at this, and how many focus checks you want to make. However...
    Spoiler: Intuition, Focus, Tech edu, or Gen edu 15
    Show

it occurs to you as you float back to where you started, it might be harder, but it'd be a lot faster to shove the water into the creek, you'd be able to move a lot more at a time... at the cost of the strain of moving a LOT more at a time.

Spoiler: Party OOC:
    Show

First, welcome back I hope you all managed to avoid pulling hair out, going crazy, or otherwise harming yourselves during the break.

Second, having reviewed the Groundshaper Conundrum, I am making the following tweak to the class on a Playtest Basis (i.e. taking Earth Ace will now be worth 3 exp, + an additional 3 exp every time I change it.)

Mold the Earth:
    in addition to the listed effects, the trainer may have his ground type pokemon lose two tutor points to gain the Groundshaper ability.

Third: something I really should have handled during the break, but whatever. are we still pleased with the pacing/nature of the game? as far as what we're doing/where the game's going/etc. ???

also, see the OOC thread for the Giovanni Incident discussion.

12. - Top - End - #882

Show
    OOC: Ken, you may read my spoilers concerning the movement of the water.

Focus: 21

After having maneuvered the orb of water towards the creek and letting it settle, she peered down to the water in the yard and...it was as if she had barely made a dent in the sheer amount there seemed to be. She spun around in place, still hovering over the soggy yard before a sudden realization, "Oh...if I can lift, I can push..." she exclaimed. Pushing it around should be more efficient, and would allow her to move more of it than if she attempted to lift it off of the ground. She fixed her gaze back to the creek and held her arms outward, palms facing the creek, "Here goes nothing." she said before her eyes lit up once more, willing the water, pushing it towards the creek.

Focus 9 (Need 10 for weights above heavy)

The water rippled and quaked beneath her, but it didn't seem to move. A feeling of wetness trailed down her upper lip, hand quickly retreating to her face and wiping underneath her nose, only to see that there was deep red staining her digits. Her cheeks flushed, embarrassment washing over her. It was more reactive and instinctual, it wasn't often one might see a telekinetic fail at doing something, even rarer so should they attempt to exert themselves in someway that causes their body to react negatively. She tried to shake her embarrassment to give it another try.

Focus

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Aegwynn and Ken:
    Show

OOC: Aegwynn has elected to spend 2 hours attempting to shove water back into the creek.
    for sanity and simplicity's sake, she will make 10 checks during this time, each check taking up 12 minutes. a Success will move approximately 10% of the standing water back into the creek. This will account for everything like water moving around the area she can move, more water seeping up from the ground, the poliwags interfering, and any other positive or negative factor we could account for.

Aegwynn rolls 10 Focus checks, TN 16 for each.

14. - Top - End - #884

GreataxeFighterGuy

OOC: Lennox will return Quake and Djali upon arriving and bring out Mag and Tazer(Magnemite/Pichu respectively as they are small enough to be carried on shoulder or friggin float.)

"Listen, guys." Lennox says to them. "Sorry for being so rough with you. I didn't realize the pokeball was actually another mon. You're pretty strong and You actually remind me of my uncle's favorite Pokemon" He says to the Pichu. "I bet If we work together we can be even stronger than them. Or at least, those two." he whispers pointing to Tyson and his Pikachu. "What do you say?"

"Good afternoon, sir." Lennox says, echoing his companion. "Can you tell us a bit more about the infestation, It seems to be disrupting business for you and my companions and I would like to assist" noting the walls, half-barren.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Perception (Spending 1 AP): 2d6+6 12 Trying to notice anything out of the ordinary
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-05-15 at 10:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #885

Show
    Focus Checks (3 Successes, 7 Fails)

Aegwynn spent the next little while pushing the water as best she could back to the creek, however the task at hand seemed to be more than she could handle. She got about a third of the water out, but from her own focus being broken by the Pokemon playing in the waterlogged marsh of a yard, to the feeling of more blood dribbling out of her nose, she just couldn't handle herself. After about two hours, she began to waver. She fell from the spot she hovered, collapsing onto her hands and knees in the muddy yard, panting a bit, using some of the still remaining standing water to wash her hand clean and bringing water up from her palm to her face, trying to rid her the bloody mess of her nose. "S-sorry Zach, Ken..." she stammered, "...I w-wasn't able to g-get it all. I w-wasn't t-trained to do th-that..." she said as she slowly rose to her feet, knees wobbling and whole body shaking.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-05-15 at 10:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #886

AssassinGuy

Show

Ken turns to Zach when he trails off, "think Aegwynn has an..... idea?" Ken notices her glowing and hovering in the air just as he finishes the thought.

"Thats actually pretty cool." Ken watches on in amazement as Aegwynn moves the water back into the creek. He does become alarmed at noticing the nosebleed. That isn't good...... Ken continues to watch in awe, as does Zippo.

Over the two hours Ken will discuss fire types with Zach and where he thinks some specific ones might be. "So have you heard much on Charmander habitats? I'm thinking of adding one to my team eventually."

When Aegwynn collapses and starts to apologize Ken will walk over to her.

"Hey there's no need to apologize for anything there. That was pretty amazing! Training be damned on that note." Ken is trying to offer positive thoughts, he is unsure if he is being successful.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-05-15 at 12:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #887

NinjaGuy

"So Nimbus is practically a lightning rod and Kasumi's a ninja..." He looks over to the pair of pokemon. "Wonder if any of that's true?"

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

Tyson quickly surveys the immediate area looking for the source of that familiar voice. "Must've been my imagination..." he laughs it off. Shortly after Tyson will send Elliot a message detailing what the party has decided to do and his current location. He'll inquire about Elliot's condition in addition to his current plans.

At length you arrive at the address from the notice, Omaine's Pocket-Brew and Distillery and Victuals, Spirites and Saltes inside!

Since when did Kalosian become so popular? Tyson thinks as he watches Gen's interaction with the man behind the counter. He pulls a pokeball from his belt and lets out an all white Vulpix.

"Kasumi, Jet, Nimbus, take a look around but don't touch anything okay?" He waits for the man to answer Gen's inquiry before following up with one of his own. "So why are half of the shelves empty anyway? The infestation that bad?"

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: Occultwerks
    Show
    "You wanna come with me? We could play lots of games." Cassandra will attempt to boop the Shuppet with a pokeball.

Pokeball Go!: 5

Catch?: 77

If she catches the Shuppet, Cassandra will continue to the Pokemon Center. She'll hang out outside on the patio with Reks and Raum until Lennox gets back.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lennox and Tyson:
    Show

Spoiler: Lennox:
    Show

The Pichu rests on your shoulder, but pouts as you try to explain your actions, the Magnemite floats sullenly, it's single eye staring at you, unblinking.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Also, on Perception 12. you find many strange things, in fact, everything in here that isn't alcohol looks strange, and even most of THAT looks strange!

Would you like to clarify "Out of the Ordinary"? or were you just hoping for a general overview of the place?
    also,... uh...
    assuming I have the correct sheet, I think we've had a miscommunication about how spending AP on skill checks works.
    according to the sheet I have, you have Novice perception (roll 3d6)
    and if I'm looking at the correct Orokos link, you have rolled 2d6+6

The houserule is spend an AP for an additional D6 on the roll, instead of RAW +1
    i.e.
    RAW: 3d6, spend an AP for 3d6+1
    Houserule: 3d6, spend an AP for 4d6
    /rules lawyer.

Show

you get a reply almost immediately.
    Spoiler: Text from Elliot:
    Show

I am uninjured, new acquisition has been sedated until modifications are complete, also having an illuminating conversation with a Joy who seems equally mechanically as medically inclined, a truly fascinating specimen.

Spoiler: Tyson: ooc:
    Show

Are you sure you wish to loose a Naughty natured pokemon loose unattended?

The man man turns to Tyson, his eyes visibly linger on Genevieve, or more specifically, her chest, for a few moments. "uh, yes." he clears his throat and his eyes meet yours. "I tried to get down to retrieve more stock, but they've completely taken over the place, I hadn't taken five paces from the steps before they came rushing out of the darkness. I haven't been able to get down there since! they're vicious I tell you."

Kasumi blows a bubble at the man's outburst, looking unimpressed. Jet and Nimbus both wander down some of the aisles, both occaisionally stopping to sniff at various containers.

Show

Spoiler: Ken's 2 hour conversation with Zach
    Show

Zach looks at you kinda confused when you ask about where charmander live. "You're from Cinnabar arentcha? Even before you account for the number bred in the labs, its one of the greatest concentration of fire types on the planet." He shrugs "They're supposed to live in caves and mountains, if you get lucky enough."

"watcha got on your team so far?"

Zach shrugs, crouched on the porch. "more than I coulda done. You wanna get this guy out here again and see if he'll pay us for that, or are we wantin' to head out and find that ball tonight?" He visibly blanches when he sees your face. "Why'd... why the heck would you do that to yourself just over a buncha water?"

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

The shuppet looks at the ball confused and attempts to envelope it. it's mouth and eyes widen in shock when it is energized.
    Spoiler: wiggle wiggle
    Show

Spoiler: thrash, jump, wobble
    Show

Spoiler: wiggle
    Show

Spoiler: click?
    Show

SHUPPET WAS CAUGHT
    Level 5, Male, Decisive Nature and Frisk Ability

Spoiler: Party OOC:
    Show

why does Orokos hate you guys today?
    also, please remember to include all relevant information in your capture rolls (not necessarily on orokos, but at least include it in an OOC in your post)
    Information like your level, the ball used, if you crit, etc.

20. - Top - End - #890

AssassinGuy

Show

Ken looks at Zach. "Yeah I'm from Cinnabar, but so far haven't had much luck with any that live in forest or grassland environments." Ken pats Zippo. "Honestly I had hoped to find a Vulpix roaming around. Or the yellow Fennekin. Guess Viridian Forest wasn't their home." He laughs a bit. "So far Zippo here, a a Fletchling named Aria, a male Nidoran, Needle, and a Pansear named Cicero. How about you?"

"We can try and get him out here for that much but we should get Aegwynn checked first. If no one has found the ball yet it's a safe bet we can rest up a bit and head out early." Ken looks at Aegwynn's nose and crouched down beside her. "Does that usually happen in exertion? Do you want to get checked up at the Center real quick?"
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-05-15 at 03:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #891

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: OOC: GM
    Show
    What's left on the shelf? Any indication that there is something on the shelves they don't like. Leave any identifying markings(Scratches, teeth marks, etc...)?

About Dice rolls

Dang.

"Don't be like that fellas." Lennox says to his mon. "We'll be on fun adventures in no time."

They?
    Vicious?
    Sounds like it maybe something interesting.

"Don't worry, shopkeep. We'll take care of it. No problem just point us in the right direction." Lennox says grinning.

22. - Top - End - #892

Show
    Aegwynn was still shaking as she gently nudged Ken out of the way, "Yeah...we'll go back to the center after we let...the owner know what we could do..." she said. It was clear that she was short of breath, trying to brush the mud off of her clothes as best she could to make herself presentable, sneering at Zach a bit, "I did it because I thought I could have...but maybe I'm just not ready to push myself...like that just yet..." she said between breaths, wiping her nose on her sleeve, staining it further with the color of mud and blood. She looked like she got in a fight and lost, but that was not the case at all, for she was the sole person responsible for her disheveled appearance.

She knocked on the door, trying to stand up as straight as she could, though her knees were still a little wobbly. She waited for the man to answer, though when he did, a timid demeanor seemed to overtake her again, looking to him, then the yard. "I was able to move some of the water, sir...I wasn't able to get...it all though. I'm sorry about...that." she said still a bit winded, "I thought I'd...let you know...thank you for your time sir...sorry we couldn't do more. Have a good night..." she said as she tried to recover herself enough to smile to him before turning to walk away.

23. - Top - End - #893

NinjaGuy

Tyson can't help but smile as he responds to Elliot's text.

Spoiler: Text to Elliot
    Show
    It's good to hear that you're alright. You've gotta show me this mystery pokemon after you finish repairing whatever it is you're working on! You're talking to Nurse Joy?
    Listen, I'm no expert on the matter but I think It'd be a mistake to leave the Pokemon Center without exchanging contact info with her. Her PERSONAL contact info. It isn't often that you come across someone like that.

He follows the direction of the man's gaze. Looks like we've got the job.

"Sounds like fun." He adds to to the audible pop of his Frogadier's bubble. Tyson pretends to keep an eye on his pokemon as he begins to wander through the aisles of the store.

"Is there any light in the cellar?" He calls out over the shelves. "That would help us see what we're actually dealing with. And if what you said before is true, the second you open up that door Ratatta will come running out. We should probably start preparing for a fight. If we have to battle the Ratatta in or outside of the cellar we'll try our best to avoid doing any damage to your store but I can't make any promises." Rhyhorn aren't exactly suited for indoor battles. "After we round up the rats what are we supposed to do with'em anyway? I doubt there's enough pokeballs between us to catch'em all. Maybe we can call a Pokemon Ranger or someone from the Pokemon Center to collect and relocate'em?"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-05-16 at 01:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

Spoiler: Ken's 2 hour conversation with Zach.
    Show

Zach shrugs and goes back to watching Aegwynn shove water around. "I caught a Nidoran, a Pidgey, and a Mankey on my way up here."

Zach tilts his head at Aegwynn's response, "that's... crazy. why not stop when you started bleeding? I don't think some dude's yard is worth doing yourself an injury over." He shrugs and splashes back across the path towards the road.

The man answer's the door after a few moments, "Oh hey I guess y'all couldn't--" he looks down at Aegwynn and sees the bloody and mud-stained clothes. His jaw drops. "What the hell happened to you? did some pokemon attack you? Powers Above! do you need help?

the man is clearly on the verge of a full panic.

Show

Spoiler: Lennox OOC:
    Show

Ah, clarity, the notice says that he can't replenish his stock because he can't get into the basement, he/the notice have made no mention of wild pokemon running around the store itself.

I'll also give you for free you don't see any teeth marks or the like.

don't sweat the dice roll stuff, the OOC thread is not exactly formatted, organized, or pretty to look at, I'm just throwing stuff in there as I remember/discover/decide on it.

Show

Spoiler: Text from Elliot
    Show

Actually, she's already acquired my information, so you must be right. She was quite adamant about it, even though I told her I was at least nominally committed to pursuing the circuit. The Specimen is much too dangerous to be loosed without good reason at this time, although I am pursuing a solution to this problem.

Omaine nods "yes, right this way." He leads you back through the aisles to a storm door set in the floor, "I've hung a lantern on the landing, and there are some hung bulbs down there, if they haven't broken them." He reaches over and flicks a switch. "Unless you have a lantern or a flashlight, I'm afraid that's all the lighting I can provide."

"You don't think they'll come up here, do you?" He says, looking around at his store. "I mean, so far they've seemed content to stay down there, they haven't even moved into the room at the base of the stairs anyway, it's only once you start moving through all the storage that they come out."

Omaine's face clouds and he looks thoughtful. "Oh... I hadn't even thought about getting rid of them once you're done." He also finally catches onto the fact you're going to try and take care of this right now. "Did they just send you three? are they sure that's enough? there's so many."

At this point, Genevieve rests a hand on the man's arm and smiles. "Oh come now, don't be silly, look at these two, no fiercer trainers could be found, th-we will be more than up to the task of dealing with a few ratatta." She floats over to Lennox and squeezes his bicep. "look at this, he could do it himself, and his pokemon are at least as strong as he is" she says with a wink.

25. - Top - End - #895

Show
    When the man went into a panic she held up her hands and tried to calm him down, almost in a panic herself. She was starting to stand a bit steadier now that she wasn't exerting herself in such an extreme manner. Her breathing was slowly evening out as well, "Sir...sir...I'm fine! No pokemon bothered me save for the Poliwag getting in the way as I pushed the water towards the creek...but it was a bit bigger job than I could handle. I wasn't even trained to move and lift liquids either, I'm surprised how easy it seemed on a small scale." she said with a little bit of a smile, "...just was more water than I could handle." she said before peering down at her clothes...muddy, bloody...what a mess.

"The blood...that was my nose bleeding from pushing myself. The mud...well that happened when I fell into the yard when I lost my concentration and stopped levitating..." she said rather nonchalantly. This kind of thing felt every day for her, and it often never occurred to her that so wantonly demonstrating telekinetic prowess could often weird people out or downright scare them if they weren't prepared for it, "I'm going to go with Ken and Zach here...going to go to the Pokemon Center and get checked up on to make sure I'm ok, and hopefully get a wash on my clothes. Sorry again, sir." she said to him.

She looked to Zach and Ken, more sure on her feet as the minutes passed, "Shall we head to the Pokemon Center...get a good night's rest and cleaned up and go out to West Pewter first thing in the morning?"

26. - Top - End - #896

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Show
    Omaine nods "yes, right this way." He leads you back through the aisles to a storm door set in the floor, "I've hung a lantern on the landing, and there are some hung bulbs down there, if they haven't broken them." He reaches over and flicks a switch. "Unless you have a lantern or a flashlight, I'm afraid that's all the lighting I can provide."

"You don't think they'll come up here, do you?" He says, looking around at his store. "I mean, so far they've seemed content to stay down there, they haven't even moved into the room at the base of the stairs anyway, it's only once you start moving through all the storage that they come out."

Omaine's face clouds and he looks thoughtful. "Oh... I hadn't even thought about getting rid of them once you're done." He also finally catches onto the fact you're going to try and take care of this right now. "Did they just send you three? are they sure that's enough? there's so many."

At this point, Genevieve rests a hand on the man's arm and smiles. "Oh come now, don't be silly, look at these two, no fiercer trainers could be found, th-we will be more than up to the task of dealing with a few ratatta." She floats over to Lennox and squeezes his bicep. "look at this, he could do it himself, and his pokemon are at least as strong as he is" she says with a wink.

Show
    A lantern? With all this alcohol?! No thanks.
    "No need for the lantern, seems a little dangerous considering." Lennox says, voicing his concern. "Everyone has got flashlights, right? Just in case these lights are out, we'll need to see. I'll take point. Hey shopkeep, is there a door down there? That way we can push them out without them running loose through any more of your store."

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    "I mean, so far they've seemed content to stay down there, they haven't even moved into the room at the base of the stairs anyway, it's only once you start moving through all the storage that they come out."
    "What room is at the base of the stairs? What's in it? The more info you give us the easier this will be. You can let us know while we're down there." Lennox says flipping the light switch and descending the stairs. "Stay close everyone. getting surrounded alone could be dangerous."

OOC: If the lights don't work or are broken, He'll turn on his flashlight.

27. - Top - End - #897

NinjaGuy

Show
    Tyson receives the text message as he continues to wander through the aisles and reads it over before replying. That Joy moves fast!

Spoiler: Text to Elliot
    Show
    Not bad! It's hard to tell if she's acting in a professional sense at the moment but I'd try to keep in contact with her if possible (i.e. you should get her personal info if you can). Is this an example of one of life's many 'opportunities' you mentioned before? ;)

Don't worry about it. There's no rush to see the pokemon really. I was just curious. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually. Looks like I'm off to round up some Ratatta! I'll catch up with you at the Pokemon Center if you're sleeping there tonight. Later!

Tyson follows Omaine over to the storm door and calls his pokemon over. "That should be enough light to get us started. And it just so happens that I have a flashlight right here." He reaches into his bag and produces a flashlight before sliding the bag back over his shoulder. "Looks like Lennox has a light. What about you?" He looks to Gen.

"If the Ratatta haven't already made their way into the store then they're probably content with whatever's down there like you said. Sounds like we're going to have to flush'em out and 'catch'em' one by one."

Tyson watches as Genevieve works her magic on Omaine and moves over to Lennox. She's definitely in her element...

"Yeah, you've nothing to worry about Mr...? Uh, actually I don't think I caught your name? Anyway, Gen's right. Lennox and his Rhyhorn could probably take care of this themselves; with minimal damage too! This pest problem will be over before you know it!"

"Jet, Nimbus, you're with me. Kasumi, watch us from up top." He points at the ceiling as he descends into the cellar. The Pikachu quickly climbs onto Tyson's shoulder and the Vulpix follows closely behind. The Frogadier stares at Omaine and pops one last bubble before hopping down the first couple of steps. She jumps effortlessly onto the ceiling and crawls down the passageway above the group of trainers. Tyson turns on his flashlight on the way down.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-05-17 at 01:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898

AssassinGuy

Show

In the conversation with Zach....
    That a pretty balanced set up, along with the Charmander you should be good for this gym."

After the conversation
    As he is nudged out of the way, Ken will back up and give Aegwynn the space she needs. When the man goes into a panic, Ken starts wondering how normal this must be for Aegwynn. Hopefully this is t bad on her overall health.

"Yeah returning to the Center sounds good. Need any help?" Ken will offer support but won't push if it is refused. He will also keep an eye out on the way for Pokémon.

Perception: 13
    http://orokos.com/roll/517034

29. - Top - End - #899

Show
    She shook her head, flashing Ken a small smile, "No...I should be fine to walk back to the center. I mean, it was only a fall in the mud and a bloody nose..." she said to him as they wrapped up any business they needed to with the man before heading to the Pokemon center. She will keep an eye out for pokemon on the small trek, though there was a thought eating at the back of her mind, 'I wasted so much time just trying to push the water...we could've been out in the wilderness looking for that Heavy Ball. I hope I didn't let Ken down...oh and Zach I guess...'

Perception 9

30. - Top - End - #900

GreataxeFighterGuy

Show
    Lennox makes it too the landing and begins looking for the little vermin
    Spoiler: Rolls and such
    Show

Something's... off.