Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    "Alright you two, cut it out..."

    Tyson picks up both Froakie and places them on the ground in front of him. Then he crouches low so that he can gently remove the Buneary from his sock.

    "Relax, there's nothing to worry about." He says to the cotton ball, softly rubbing it's head.

    After corralling his Pidove he'll move to an open area away from Cassandra so that she can cook in peace and begin to train Kasumi. He encourages his other pokemon to follow suit but will keep an eye on any pokemon that don't seem receptive to it, letting them do as they please.

    After a short training session Tyson returns to the campsite and happily takes up Cassandra's offer. He makes sure that each member of his team is fed and eats no more than their fair share.

    When breakfast is over Tyson helps clean up camp, packs up his sleeping bag, changes into his normal clothing, and returns everyone but Kasumi to their respective pokeball.

    "Alright, let's get this show on the road!"

    Tyson will follow his partner back onto Route 1.

    OOC:

    - Agility Training applied to any participating party pokemon
    - XP Training applied to Kasumi (8 xp), Pidove (5 xp), and Zoura (6 xp)
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2016-11-01 at 12:48 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Tyson:

    The Buneary nuzzles against the petting, clearly enjoying itself.

    The Pidove takes only minor coaxing away from the food, seeming to forget all about it as soon as you pull itís attention to you for a second.

    Kasumi and the Buneary get with the training program immediately. Pidove stares at them at first, seemingly oblivious before attempting to mimic their actions.

    The other Kasumi studies the proceedings and then begins to perfectly copy Kasumiís every move. One of the Kasumies seems unnerved by this.


    Party:

    The morning passes relatively uneventfully. You havenít seen any other trainers since you left Pallet City, but youíve seen plenty of evidence of how heavily traveled Route 1 is. About an hour after you leave your makeshift campsite behind, you find what looks like a purpose-made camp-site, complete with picnic tables, some hard packed dirt, a fire pit, and a rusting grill driven into the ground. you also see other places that look like they were cleared by trainers for use for a single night.

    It seems the woods around you woke up at least as early as you did, you can hear pokemon cries deeper within the woods and far overhead.

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Roll Perception if you wish to have an encounter. If no rolls are posted by tomorrow, I will advance the party to the next scene.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    "If we would've walked a little farther, we could've met up with some other trainers, and had a real campsite." Cassandra sighs and adjusts her backpack.

    "Have you ever spent more than a night out camping, Tyson?" she asks her partner. "Because I don't see how people do it. The ground isn't very comfortable, even with a seeping bag."

    Perception: 12

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    "If we would've walked a little farther, we could've met up with some other trainers, and had a real campsite." Cassandra sighs and adjusts her backpack.

    "Have you ever spent more than a night out camping, Tyson?" she asks her partner. "Because I don't see how people do it. The ground isn't very comfortable, even with a seeping bag."
    "Looks like it..." He says, making note of Cassandra's sigh. "Maybe we'll catch up to them today?"

    Tyson lets a laugh escape as he answers the question. "True, the ground doesn't even come close to a bed but I've gotten used to it. My parents would occasionally take me with them during their watches at the Safari Zone. We would spend anywhere from one to three days at a time out there."

    Perception Roll: 10

    http://orokos.com/roll/452727

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Party

    The trees start to thin out as you walk, according to your map, you should be within a few hours of reaching the great rocky plains that make up the rest of the trip to Viridian City.

    you hear an elaborate and acoustically pleasing bird call from the trees, you quickly locate the source, three small red pokemon roost in a cluster of branches. Their head and chest are red, with a gray body and white wingtips, their tail feathers make a pronounced V shape with white markings.

    Spoiler: Cassandra also notices
    Show

    The bird on the lowest branch has the lowest pitch to it's song, the one on the highest branch has the highest pitch, with the one on the middle branch being in between.


    Raum barks to get the humans' attention and starts sniffling towards a floating pink blob with what looks like tiny green wings coming out the top.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Roll Poke Edu or consult the Pokedex to identify the creatures if you wish.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra take out her pokedex and points it at the pink and green... thing, then checks out the adorable birds hanging out in the tree.

    "What do you think Tyson? Do we need another flying type?" she asks her partner.


    [QUOTE=big teej;21363089]

    Spoiler: Cassandra also notices
    Show

    The bird on the lowest branch has the lowest pitch to it's song, the one on the highest branch has the highest pitch, with the one on the middle branch being in between.


    Pokemon Education to figure out what this means: 11

    OOC:
    If Hat wants to battle, she'll send in Raum and have the Swablu observe.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra:

    Spoiler: Tiny Birds
    Show

    you realize that the birds, either by happenstance or design, seem to have arranged themselves by pitch. almost like a choir or a Capella group.



    Spoiler: PING!
    Show

    Hoppip - The Cottonweed Pokemon, Hoppip is as light as a feather and can be lifted and carried for miles by even a gentle breeze.
    Last edited by big teej; 2016-11-07 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Apparently you can't format spoiler titles.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    As you stare at the curious floating Pokemon and the singing birds, a breeze picks up and the Hoppip is carried away into the forest.

    shortly after, you hear a loud snap in the woods, like a large branch breaking, the Fletchling get spooked and dart away as well.

    The Moment passed, your march to Viridian begins once more, passing by uneventfully. At length, you leave the woods behind you. You have reached the rocky grassland that should, according to your map, extend almost all of the way to Viridian City. Perhaps startled by your presence, or an unseen predator, a flock of spearow arise from a relatively close tree and begin to swarm and tumble through the airÖ youíve heard horror stories of flocks of spearow shredding aspiring trainers whoíve just begun their journey.

    What do you do?

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra jumps when the flock alights from the tree. She freezes after that though, afraid the Spearow would be attracted to movement. "Do you think we should get down? Try to make ourselves as small of a target as possible?" she whispers to her partner.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra:

    Raum barks once in surprise at the appearance of the flock, then whines and hides behind your legs. Hat flinches on your head and covers its eyes with it's wings.
    Last edited by big teej; 2016-11-10 at 01:33 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Cassandra jumps when the flock alights from the tree. She freezes after that though, afraid the Spearow would be attracted to movement. "Do you think we should get down? Try to make ourselves as small of a target as possible?" she whispers to her partner.
    As the Spearow take to the sky Tyson assesses his surroundings for any sort of cover or camouflage the grassland might provide the two.

    "Let's not take any chances. Either of us could take on a single Spearow no problem, but a horde is a different story."

    OOC: Sorry for the inactivity, now I'm back on track!

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Party:

    as the spearow flock begins to circle and spiral overhead, Tyson's glance around for cover turns up nil. the closest thing would be the deep woods a few hours back down Route 1, or the tree the flock just vacated.

    Spoiler: Options you seem to be considering.
    Show

    if you wish to simply try and sprint past the flock, trusting to out run/maneuver them, roll both Acrobatics and Athletics.

    if you wish to try and sneak past, roll stealth.

    if you wish to try a different option, or quantify how you wish to pursue these options, the skills involved may change, as might the DC.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra reaches down to her belt and clicks the recall button on Hat's pokeball, praying that the red flash doesn't attract the furious birds. "I'm not seeing any other options, Tyson. I'm gonna make a run for it." (Unless she gets a sudden vision or something)

    She trusts that Raum will understand and will stay with her.

    Run from the Birds!: 8
    Dive out of the way from the Birds!: 10

    Raum running:11
    Raum diving: 11

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Tyson nods in affirmation. "Gotcha, I'll watch your back from that tree over there. If you can get past those Spearow I don't think I'll have a problem catching up. Let's split!"

    Tyson recalls Kasumi and makes a break for the tree which the Spearow vacated.

    If he's able to climb the tree he'll attempt to find a spot to hide while keeping Cassandra in view should things go south for the Oracle.

    Stealth Roll: 18

    http://orokos.com/roll/457216
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2016-11-18 at 01:58 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra:

    Fear lends you the strength to spring at top speed past the flock. As you accelerate into the field, the angry birds grow louder, and a portion of the flock breaks off and dives at you and Raum. Your world becomes a kaleidoscope of feathers, pecking beaks, squawking, scrabbling claws, and intermittent glimpses of sky and earth.

    Perhaps guided by The Sight, or through sheer, dumb luck, you manage to stay out of the way of any serious injuries, a broad network of cuts and scrapes tears holes in your clothes and leaves you covered with painful, but non-damaging injuries...

    2 of the spearow, however, manage more solid hits.

    Spoiler: Spearow Used Peck!
    Show

    Attack Vs. Modified Evasion!
    Hit 1 - 24 vs. Defense
    Hit 2 - 21 vs. Defense



    Raum, perhaps being a smaller target, manages to completely avoid serious harm, though he too is covered in a distressing number of scrapes and scratches.

    eventually, the flock seems to lose interest, perhaps satisfied with the amount of blood spilled, or your distance from their tree, the flight that attacked you spiral back up into the air, squabbling amongst themselves as they rejoin the main group.


    Tyson:

    Your Ninja skills seem to serve you well, especially with the added distraction of Cassandra and Raum sprinting across the clearing. You make it to the tree and the flock gives no indication they have noticed you.

    OOC: Roll Perception twice.


    Party:

    Cassandra is approximately a mile up the road from Tyson, covered in scrapes, minor cuts, bruises, and scratches, as is her pokemon.

    Tyson is currently up a tree with a Spearow flock overhead.

    What do you do?

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    When the Spearow finally lose interest, Cassandra takes a few more step forward and then collapses on her knees. Tears well up in her eyes as every scrape and bruise begins to throb, but a low whine from Raum gets her back on her feet. She wipes the tears from her face and makes her way to the edge of the road, finding a tree for some shade while she settles down to take care of her and her pokemon's injuries while she waits for her partner to make his way there.

    The Oracle gets out here first-aid kit and takes care of her and Raum's injuries as best as she can. She'll also release Reks and Hat for some company while she waits for Tyson. Once she feels like she's done what she can, the tears start again. She can't hold them back this time. Cassandra bawls her eyes out for a few minutes, her breath catching in her chest. We could've died, she thinks.

    It takes about ten minutes, but she manages to pull herself together, vowing that she will become stronger, that she wouldn't allow something like this to happen again.

    OOC: Cassie is at 26 HP. Yikes xD
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2016-11-21 at 02:04 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Raum mostly cooperates in sitting still while you clean and bandage his wounds.

    Hat lays his cottony wings on Raum briefly and titters quietly before lofting up to your noggin.

    Reks curiously sniffs around your more serious injuries and Raum. He walks a few yards away and sits down, facing the spearow flock. he growls at them.

    A rustling in the branches overhead draws your gaze up. A segmented green worm with tiny spherical feet is perched on a branch, a large leaf dangling from it's mouth. it stares at you and squeaks quietly.

    OOC: if you sustained an injury from the HP lost (or 2, if you took massive damage and hit 50%) roll a d6. Remember, injuries lower a random combat stage
    Spoiler: die roll
    Show

    1 lowers Attack
    2 Lowers Defense
    3 Lowers Special Attack
    4 Lowers Special Defense
    5 Lowers Speed
    6 Lowers a stat of your choice.
    Last edited by big teej; 2016-11-28 at 10:06 AM. Reason: forgot OOC:

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra pays no mind to the worm, other than pinging it with her pokedex unless it decides it wants to fight.


    Spoiler: Da Injuries!
    Show
    She only sustains one injury from hitting half HP.

    OOC: I rolled a 6 so I get to choose what's hurt. And I will go with Attack. So Cassandra has a rather nasty gash on her left arm, I suppose.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2016-11-21 at 02:34 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra:

    Spoiler: PING!
    Show

    Caterpie - The Worm Pokemon, this pokemon uses the suction cups on the bottom of its feet to climb trees and gorge itself on leaves larger than it's own body.


    The worm squeals again when your pokedex chimes and begins undulating towards the tree trunk and then down towards you. It pauses every few few to look at your pokemon and you. It emits a noise something between a squeal and a whine. It is now approximately 5 feet above your head handing partially off the tree, clutching at it with it's lower suction cups, staring at you and your pokedex.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra sighs, then looks up at the adorable worm. "Hi, Caterpie. What'cha doin?"

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Tyson lets out an audible sigh of relief once he sees Cassandra escape the flock of Spearow.

    "Ha! She made it! Now... let's get out of this tree."

    Perception Roll #1: 13

    http://orokos.com/roll/458850

    Perception Roll #2: 10

    http://orokos.com/roll/458856

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra:

    The Caterpie whines again and pulls a nearby leaf off a branch. It continues to stare at you as it begins chewing. Raum is sniffing around the base of the tree and looking up at the worm.

    Tyson:

    Spoiler: Perception 1: Success!
    Show

    The Spearow flock seems to be settling down, they're crying less, and seem to be losing altitude and landing in small groups over the hills, out of your sight. It's probably safe to descend from the tree.


    Spoiler: Perception 2: Partial Success!
    Show

    You spot a rustle of movement in the tall grass and a quick glimpse of something blue.
    two other rustling trails of movement ripple through the grass and converge on the original spot. you hear arcing electricity and see what looks like a tail with a starburst on the end emerge from the brush.
    you feel that if you'd been on the ground, you would have completely missed this.



    Party:

    OOC: Holiday break is over! what do you do?!

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra put her backpack against the tree to serve as a makeshift pillow.

    "Please keep a lookout for Tyson," she tells her pokemon. "Wake me up if you see him."

    She will then attempt to take a nap.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    You spot a rustle of movement in the tall grass and a quick glimpse of something blue.
    two other rustling trails of movement ripple through the grass and converge on the original spot. You hear arcing electricity and see what looks like a tail with a starburst on the end emerge from the brush.
    you feel that if you'd been on the ground, you would have completely missed this.
    Hmm... What's that about?

    Tyson finds his way down from the tree and looks over the field back to the tall grass.

    "Couldn't hurt to check it out."

    He walks over to the grass to investigate the movement.

    Perception: 11

    http://orokos.com/roll/461994

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

    OOC: mwuahaha, you thought it was safe to go to sleep and let another player catch up to you. but instead IT'S DREAM TIME

    You are in Lavender town, you can't see it, everything is an inky black, not even blocked off against the world around it. The only things that stand out in the black are Pokemon Tower, and the temple your grandparents watch over.... surely, this can only be Lavender Town? Both buildings are a stark white, like paper contrasting the black ink of the world, the details are picked out in that same shadow.

    your feet do not move, but you approach Pokemon tower, faster, faster, faster than your legs could ever carry you, faster than any pokemon could carry you. Just as you're about to slam into the wall and add your own personal color to this black and white world, your movement shifts, climbing the side of the tower just as quickly. you stop outside the tallest window of the tower, it's panes paper-white, it's frame ink black.

    your enter the window....

    Spoiler
    Show

    and emerge into your grandparent's temple, you are whole, it seems, you are dressed in your traveling clothes, a glance over your shoulder reveals the doors rapidly closing behind you, the world is in full color.

    This Ninja boy you travel with, Tyson, is with you. you don't see him, but you know.

    you hear your grandmother calling to you from a back room. you slide one of the panel doors back and step into another blackened space. this time, instead of an all consuming black, there are greys and purples mixed in giving the world definition. a large, black crystal juts up from the ground, splintering the wood floors around it. it emits a black, un-light that illuminates and at the same time conceals the room and it's occupants.... Tyson has approached this crystal and stands before it, hand held to touch it.

    the crystal immolates, a black, lightless flame roiling around it in response....

    Spoiler
    Show

    You Wake Up...


    You feel rested, Hat has gone to sleep on your head, snoring softly, Raum is laying at your feet, he picks his head up and looks at you. Reks is exactly where you left him, perched a few yards away on a rock, staring intently at the tree where the Spearow flock was roused from.





    Spoiler: Tyson
    Show
    OOC: I'll give sneaking up on them to you for free as a left-over from your stupidly high 'spearow can't see me' roll.

    you creep through the tall grass, making less sound than a passing Ekans, the sparking of electricity becomes mixed in with the blunt sound of bodies hitting the earth and a juvenile roar.

    you find a small open patch, no more than ten feet across, and observe three pokemon. two of them are wrestling in the dirt, the third stands off to the side and watches them with a bored expression.


    each pokemon has light blue fur on the front half of their bodies, and black hair on the posterior, they also have a shaggy black mane, and yellow bands around their forelimbs near the paws. their whip-like black tail ends in a yellow four-pointed starburst.

    they do not seem to have noticed you.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    This must be what spooked all those spearow...

    The ninja boy sizes up the three pokemon and begins to reach for his pokedex, then reconsiders.

    On second thought, making noise right now probably isn't the greatest idea. I'd like to make it out of here in one piece.

    Tyson moves from the clearing as quietly as possible and once he's made it far enough away his pace increases to a jog. He'll try to make his way in the direction Cassandra ran off, while seeking where he can in the open plains.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2016-12-07 at 02:59 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Party:

    Tyson stumbles out of the tall grass almost right on top of the tree Cassandra was dozing under. After reuniting and making sure everyone was intact, the pair set off to try and make their way back to Route 1 and Viridian City.

    You made good time, not needing to detour around any wild pokemon along the way. several hours after your encounter with the Spearow flock, you come to a river. A presumably simple but sturdy, rope and plank bridge used to cross the swift-moving waters. But it's been torn to shreds, it looks like it was chewed up by bugs, an impression only strengthened by the yellow, horned worm crawling up one of the support posts.

    Thankfully, this river is really little more than a glorified creek that takes itself very seriously. However, the speed of the current could still prove to be problematic.

    Spoiler: Options are Optional
    Show
    a series of boulders within a tantalizing leaping distance of each other starts at the shoreline and disappear into the middle of the river.

    a tree with thick branches rests just on the other side, maybe a dozen yards from the riverbank.

    you could try to move up or down river and find a shallower place to cross, or you could have a go at it here and hope for the best.

    you could try something else.
    Last edited by big teej; 2016-12-07 at 10:02 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Cassandra looks at the destroyed bridge and then the Weedle in distaste. "Caterpie are so much cuter..." she mumbles mostly to herself.

    She hefts her backpack higher on her shoulders. "It looks a little too fast to me. Do you think we should try to find a place to ford it?"

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    Tyson looses a sigh after taking a look at the bridge.

    "Just our luck huh?" he says with a half-hearted smile. "Looks like the bugs got to it first."

    "I doubt I could cross it either and Kasumi isn't strong enough of a swimmer to get us across. Guess we'll just have to find a way around it? Should we go up or down? ... I'm thinkin' up."

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Out in The Sticks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

    OOC: In the interest of moving things along, I'm going to go ahead and assume you move up-river until you find a shallower/slower place to cross.

    Party:
    Your detour takes you an hour or three and a few miles out of your way, but brings you into what seems to be a pokemon hot spot for the area. You're not even out of sight of the destroyed bridge when two, tannish rock-looking things come floating down the river, bumping into each other and submerged rocks. A blue, club-like appendage protrudes from the rear of each one, and you can hear a grumbling noise from the two stones as they pass.

    About half an hour after passing the floating stones, the river gets wider, on the far bank, a large, pink quadruped has it's tail dipped in the water, it has a blank look on it's face. A Magikarp flops in the mud nearby, unable to flop back into the water.


    An hour later, the river narrows again, and you can see the bottom through the bright, clear water. you'll get wet, but even the deepest part of the river shouldn't come up past your waist, and it's much slower here. Arguing in the mud a few dozen yards away on the opposite bank are a small, oddly colored frog-looking thing and a small black and yellow sphere, it has markings on it's face that resemble music notes, and two bulbous protrusions on the sides look almost like giant headphones. The pokemon seem to be arguing over a pile of mud nearby.

    on the near bank, a massive insect hovers over a small sleeping purple pokemon, consisting of a somewhat spherical body, two legs, and a tuft of large leaves coming out the top. the large insect is drooling and slowly descending on the other pokemon.


    past both of these examples of the cycle of life, up the river, floating lazily towards you, is what looks like an oversized lily pad with an Egg on it.

    OOC: you may interact with as many of these pokemon as you like without appreciatively hampering your progress/detour.

    roll Poke-edu to identify any given pokemon without resorting to the pokedex.
    roll Acrobatics for crossing the river safely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •