Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: MtG - You Make the Card V: Untapped Potential

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I have some comments on some of the mechanics presented here, but I don't want to jump the gun and critique a bunch of cards in someone else's contest. Would anyone like to hear my feedback?
    Go for it. I've been avoiding doing the same since I'm the judge, but it's damn tempting.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would like to see feedback, it'd help me create better cards.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    I would like to see feedback, it'd help me create better cards.
    In fact, this is something I'd really love to see more of in this thread, personally. It's great to have a judge input, obviously, but if we think the goal is for everyone to actually improve their designs for the future, giving more input to each other would be awesome to see.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Mechanic: Breathless.
    An ability that is active as long as all your lands are tapped.

In most cases players skip their first main phase: they attack first, leaving all mana open to cast instants (or bluff them), and then they play their stuff.

This is (usually) the "right" thing to do, as there is really no reason to ever play your stuff before attacking (except Haste, buffs, yadda yadda)

This mechanic is meant to give some incentive to spending your mana before attacking, thus making the "when do I play my stuff" decision actually nontrivial:

if you spend your mana before attacking (thus denying yourself access to instants etc until your next tur) you get some other bonus.

Of course there are ways around this: artifacts and creatures can give mana, there can be some sort of "cheat" spell ("your mana pool only empties at the end of turn")

Anyways.

Probably green and red mechanic, sometimes white

Sample cards:

Thorned crusher 1RG
    Creature - Plant U
    Breathless - as long as all your lands are tapped ~ has +2/+2 and Trample
    2/2

Desperate pleader W
    Creature - Human U
    Breathless - T: Target creature can't attack or block until the end of turn. Activate this ability only if all your lands are tapped.

(I'm also open to any feedback, of course)

Edit: changed name from Starved to Breathless. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-03-03 at 04:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Stampeding Elephant 2GG
    Creature - Elephant (Common)
    Trample
    Frenzy 2 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, put two +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of each end step, remove a +1/+1 counter from this creature.)
    3/3
    "Frenzy" is already the name of a mechanic from Future Sight; see Frenzy Sliver.

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Shieldbearer - WWW
    Creature - Human Soldier - U
    Indestructible, Guardian (it can block while tapped)
    1/4

Pretty similar to Vigilance, but I think it's different enough to be its own mechanic. Fading/Vanishing is a thing, after all.
    First, there's already a card named "Shield Bearer," admittedly two words instead of one, but... the same.

Second, does this accomplish anything Vigilance doesn't? I get there's literally a mechanical difference, but I think this mechanic wouldn't play as well as vigilance, since people often try to get a visual sense of what can and can't block just by looking at what's tapped vs. untapped. This would probably lead to a lot of situations where people make unintentionally bad attacks just because they couldn't see the word "guardian" printed on something they skipped over because it was tapped.

@Gandariel There are already a bunch of cards with a similar (unnamed) mechanic in Prophecy.
    Last edited by Misothene; 2017-03-01 at 03:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    In fact, this is something I'd really love to see more of in this thread, personally. It's great to have a judge input, obviously, but if we think the goal is for everyone to actually improve their designs for the future, giving more input to each other would be awesome to see.
    I agree! More feedback would be awesome.

Now, my thoughts on the mechanics presented so far. I don't mean them to be authoritative; just hoping to get a discussion on what constitutes a good keyword mechanic.

Stealth: I quite like this. It's a flavorful kind of protection that's more limited than hexproof, and offers good counterplay. I can totally see this being evergreen.
    Sanity: This can potentially run into the same issues as the hand-size-matters mechanic from Kamigawa: it discourages players from playing out the cards in their hands. Mechanics that reward inaction have a hard time being fun.
    Combination Equip: A bit complex, but pretty nice. A natural evolution of equipment, in the lineage of living weapon.
    Evade: This works as a candidate for the blue/black evergreen mechanic. It's a bit more complicated than evergreens tend to be, but it changes how you play while being quite open in design space.
    Omen: Can't really judge this from a single card. It has potential, but it depends on how it's implemented. I would recommend having hard and fast design rules on what cards with omen can do. I don't really like the proposal of omen counters having downsides, since that sends mixed messages to players.
    Sync: Nice and simple, works quite well. It's most interesting on cards with tap abilities; on normal creatures it's just vigilance.
    Bloom: Nice. A flavorful and exciting build-around mechanic. A possible concern is that it's too powerful, such that it overshadows whatever else the cards do.
    Second Strike: This would require rewriting the combat rules to add a third damage phase. I don't think that's worth the trouble for a strictly-downside mechanic.
    Pacifist: This discourages players from developing their board. It runs into the Odyssey problem: it's interesting, but it rewards behavior that's inherently unfun.
    Wisdom: Is the variable threshold really necessary? It creates a lot of added complexity, as you have to track which wisdom cards are active. I think it would be better at a fixed value of 2.
    Frenzy: As stated, the name's already taken. But I think it's a good mechanic.
    Guardian: The reason fading was changed to vanishing was to fix a problem with the original mechanic; it's not justification to create a mechanic that behaves the same as an existing mechanic but in a more unnecessarily complex manner.
    Starved: I like the idea. It seems more red than green, since it encourages reckless aggression, and I'm not too fond of the choice of name.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

7. - Top - End - #757
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CantigThimble View Post
    I assume bloom is inspired by jade golems?
    N... no... what makes you say that...

Spoiler
    Show
    Bounty of the Blossomguard 2G
    Sorcery U
    Search your library for a basic forest card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library. Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).

Flower-Crown Elephant 4WG
    Creature - Elephant U
    Vigilance
    When Flower-Crown Elephant enters the battlefield, Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).

Idol of Flowers G
    Sorcery - R
    Choose one:
    - Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).
    - Get three sigils that are copies of Idol of Flowers, put them on top of your library, then shuffle your library.

Blossoming Blades RG
    Sorcery - U
    Blossoming Blades deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
    Second Wind - If you've cast another spell this turn, Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).

Nantuko Pollenator 1G
    Creature - Insect Soldier C
    Hexproof
    When Nantuko Pollenator dies, Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).

Sprouting Death 2RG
    Sorcery C
    Sprouting Death deals 4 damage to target creature or player. Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).

Blossomguard Heirophant 5GG
    Creature - Elf Plant Cleric R
    When Blossomguard Heirophant enters the battlefield, Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have). Each token that enters the battlefield in this way has vigilance.

Staff of Flowers 2
    Artifact R
    Echo 1
    Staff of Flowers enters the battlefield with 2 durability counters on it. When it does, Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).
    Remove a durability counter from Staff of Flowers: you deal 2 damage to target creature or player and that creature or player deals damage equal to its power to you. Then if Staff of Flowers has no durability counters on it, sacrifice it.

Belinda of the Blossomguard 4GG
    Legendary Creature - Elf Advisor MR
    When Belinda of the Blossomguard enters or leaves the battlefield, Bloom (You get a blossom counter, then create a 0/0 plant creature token, with a +1/+1 counter on it for each blossom counter you have).
    5/3

...I'm afraid I just have absolutely no idea what you might mean!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Renamed Frenzy to Furor.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Renaming Starved to... Damn. Anyone got an idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

10. - Top - End - #760
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Exhaustion?

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Renamed Frenzy to Furor.
    I'd recommend Fervor (Fervour if you're british) instead. I realize that they're hardly different, but it took me a couple seconds to think of what 'furor' means, and I thought of other things first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Hmm... Spent? Breathless?

Spoiler
    Show
    I've spoiled out my old card, because I agree that it's a bad mechanic. New card!

EDIT: This card used to be called Reverberate, but that's already a card.

EDIT: Swapped out cards. Old one is Memorable Coda, from the top of the spoiled list.

Accelerando - WU
    Instant - U
    Harmony (As you cast this spell, pair it with target unpaired spell. They remain paired for as long as you control both spells.)
    Spells paired with Supporting Theme have Split Second.
    All spells that were paired with Supporting Theme gain Split Second.

This would be part of a music-themed set. I've compiled a few more cards:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Memorable Coda - 1RR
    Instant - U
    Target spell gains Reverb (As it leaves the stack, copy the card and cast the copy. If it's a permanent spell it becomes a token when it enters the battlefield)

Crescendo - 4R
    Enchantment - R
    Whenever a source you control would do damage to a player, it deals that much damage plus one.

Ritardando - 2UU
    Enchantment - R
    As an additional cost to cast Ritardando, put a beat counter on a land you control.
    Each opponent in turn puts a beat counter on lands they control.
    Lands with beat counters have "this land does not untap on its controller's untap step" and "pay 2 life: Move a beat counter from this land to target land you control".

Dramatic Reversal Accelerando - 1U
    Instant - U
    Untap all nonland permanents you control.

Maestro - 1W
    Creature - Human Performer - C
    2/3

Sforzando - R
    Instant - U
    Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Reverb. (As this spell leaves the stack, copy the card and cast the copy)

Forte - GG
    Enchantment - U
    Creatures get +1/+1.

Andante - 1B
    Sorcery - U
    Choose one:
    - Destroy target creature you don't control
    - Your opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life

Resonance - 1U
    Instant - R
    Harmony (As you cast this spell, pair it with target unpaired spell. They remain paired for as long as you control both spells.)
    Resolve spells paired with Resonance. Draw a card.

Street Musician - R
    Creature - Elf Performer - C
    Skulk
    1/2

Cut Strings - 2B
    Sorcery - C
    Destroy target creature

Victorious Anthem - WWUUBBRRGG
    Sorcery - MR
    Shuffle all hands into their owner's libraries, destroy target creature, Victorious Antehm deals 3 damage to target creature or player, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature, and gain 3 life.
    Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of your upkeep, copy this spell except for its Epic ability.)

Funeral Stirge - B
    Creature - Stirge - U
    Wither
    1/1

Applaud - W
    Instant - U
    Until the end of turn, creatures have indestructible and players cannot lose the game.

Pause for Breath - UUU
    Instant - MR
    Exile the stack. At the beginning of the next end step, return all spells exiled this way to the stack in the same order. For each spell returned this way, that spell's controller may choose new targets for it.

I'll add more as I think of them. I'm tempted to develop this into a complete set.
    Last edited by LastCenturion; 2017-03-04 at 01:59 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

12. - Top - End - #762
    Halfling in the Playground

Bloodthirsty Spree 1R
    Instant- C
    Deal 1 damage to each creature you don't control.
    Frenzy: if a creature or player was dealt damage this turn, deal 2 damage to those creatures instead.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2017-03-03 at 03:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Recklessness R
    Instant C
    Deal 2 damage to target creature or player
    Enraged- Deal 3 damage to that creature or player instead if you attacked with a creature this turn.
    This is Raid, from Khans of Tarkir.

Reverberate is already a card's name.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Guardian has precedent with Masako the Humorless, and is slightly better than vigilance.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Eh, that's a fair point BlueGhost. I think there are ways to make it work (since 3 cards are all you need and things like hope can make it easier) but that probably takes more design work than I can put into this challenge so I'll just use another mechanic I have lying around:

Muster M (If a creature entered the battlefield under your control this turn you may cast this card for its muster cost instead.)

Arrow Barrage R
    Sorcery U
    Muster 1R
    Deal 2 damage to target creature or player. If you cast this card for its muster cost you may choose an additional target for Arrow Barrage

Spoiler
    Show
    Legion Rearguard 2W
    Creature - Human Soldier C
    Muster 1W
    When Legion Rearguard enters the battlefield you may put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature you control.
    2/3

Gather Intelligence 3U
    Instant C
    Muster 1U
    Draw 2 cards.

Fresh Meat Wargolem 2B
    Creature - Zombie U
    Muster BB
    As an additional cost to cast Fresh Meat Wargolem sacrifice a creature.
    Menace
    5/5

Scout the Area 2G
    Sorcery C
    Muster 1G
    Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If Scout the Area's muster cost was paid, instead search your library for any land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Made a big change to my entry

17. - Top - End - #767

Completely redid my entry.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

18. - Top - End - #768

I'd recommend Fervor (Fervour if you're british) instead. I realize that they're hardly different, but it took me a couple seconds to think of what 'furor' means, and I thought of other things first.

Hmm... Spent? Breathless?

I've spoiled out my old card, because I agree that it's a bad mechanic. New card!

EDIT: This card used to be called Reverberate, but that's already a card.

Memorable Coda - 1RR
    Instant - U
    Target spell gains Reverb (As it resolves, copy the card and cast the copy. If it's a permanent spell it becomes a token when it enters the battlefield)

This would be part of a music-based set. I've compiled a few more cards:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crescendo - 4R
    Enchantment - R
    Whenever a source you control would do damage to a player, it deals that much damage plus one.

Ritardando - 2UU
    Enchantment - R
    As an additional cost to cast Ritardando, put a beat counter on a land you control.
    Each opponent in turn puts a beat counter on lands they control.
    Lands with beat counters have "this land does not untap on its controller's untap step" and "pay 2 life: Move a beat counter from this land to target land you control".

Dramatic Reversal Accelerando - 1U
    Instant - U
    Untap all nonland permanents you control.

Maestro - 1W
    Creature - Human Performer - C
    2/3

Sforzando - R
    Instant - U
    Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Reverb. (As this spell resolves, copy the card and cast the copy)

Forte - GG
    Enchantment - U
    Creatures get +1/+1.

Andante - 1B
    Sorcery - U
    Choose one:
    - Destroy target creature you don't control
    - Your opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life

Resonance - 1U
    Instant - R
    Resolve spells paired with Resonance. Draw a card.

Street Musician - R
    Creature - Elf Performer - C
    Skulk
    1/2

Cut Strings - 2B
    Sorcery - C
    Destroy target creature

Victorious Anthem - WWUUBBRRGG
    Sorcery - MR
    Shuffle all hands into their owner's libraries, destroy target creature, Victorious Antehm deals 3 damage to target creature or player, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature, and gain 3 life.
    Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of your upkeep, copy this spell except for its Epic ability.)

Funeral Stirge - B
    Creature - Stirge - U
    Wither
    1/1

Applaud - W
    Instant - U
    Until the end of turn, creatures have indestructible and players cannot lose the game.

I'll add more as I think of them. I'm tempted to develop this into a complete set.
    What distinguishes a spell with reverb from one that just has double the effect? If the keyword is only meaningful when it's granted to cards that don't naturally have it, that could be an issue.

Love wins. S'agapo.

19. - Top - End - #769

What distinguishes a spell with reverb from one that just has double the effect? If the keyword is only meaningful when it's granted to cards that don't naturally have it, that could be an issue.
    Well, it's multiple places on the stack instead of a single place, so you have to respond. Hmm... I could change it to be "when it leaves the stack" to make it harder to counter. I could also swap out which keyword I'm presenting with Harmony (Soulbond for spells).
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

20. - Top - End - #770
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Retort - if an opponent has cast a spell this turn then X.

The idea would be to mostly have this give minor boosts that are better to have during your turn so it isn't that oppressive during their turn.

Channeler's tower
    Land - R
    T : Add C to your mana pool. Retort - if an opponent has cast a spell this turn, instead add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

21. - Top - End - #771

I've spoiled out my old entry because it's probably not my best work. Here's a new one:

Call Lightning - RR
    Instant - R
    Deal 3 damage to target creature or player.
    Channeling (Until you cast a spell, at the beginning of each upkeep copy this spell except for it's Channeling ability)

Basically a lower-powered version of Epic and a slightly less powerful Lightning Bolt. Coincidentally, this is almost definitely the lowest CMC card to have the Epic or an Epic-like keyword.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

22. - Top - End - #772

"Silence" is a keyword action. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)

I came up with it while designing a futuristic sci-fi style set (which eventually got scrapped.) It would represent a corrupt Big Brother style power silencing rebels, through scaring them into hiding, or restricting their expression. It's like a twist on morph, and I think it can use similar ruling. The only rules-change is that now creatures can be turned face-up with their mana cost if they don't have a morph cost. The keyword would appear primarily in blue and white, and secondarily in black. It's like a strange cousin to bounce effects. I think it has the potential to give blue some much-needed limited power in a set.

The funky blue rare big dude with silence:

Arbiter of Conversion 3UU
    Creature - Human Advisor R
    When ~ enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature, then silence it. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)
    You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color when paying costs to turn a creature face up.
    3/4

Some form of government worker/oppressor who forcibly converts agitators into allies.

Spoiler: Five More
    Show
    Queller Agent 2WU
    Creature - Human Rogue C
    When ~ enters the battlefield, silence target creature. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)
    2/3

(A body meant to trade perfectly into face down 2/2s.)

Witness Protection W
    Instant U
    Choose a creature you control. The next that creature would die this turn, silence it instead. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)

(Sending someone into witness protection means giving them a new identity and life to get them out of a dangerous criminal situation.)

Pristine Reticence 3UU
    Sorcery R
    Silence all creatures. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)

(Although board wipes are usually in white and black, this is much closer to "return all creatures to their owners' hands" than "destroy all creatures," as they can all be played again. Blue is also known to replace creatures with smaller ones.)

Playing Possum 1B
    Sorcery U
    Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield, then silence it. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)

("Playing possum" is a phrase meaning pretending to be dead, and usually going into hiding too.)

Jaius, Magister of Uniform 4WU
    Legendary Creature - Sphinx Wizard M
    Flying
    When ~ enters the battlefield, silence all other creatures you control. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)
    Face down creatures you control have flying and lifelink.
    At the end of combat on your turn, if a face down creature you control dealt combat damage to a player this turn, draw a card.
    4/6

The ultimate mythic example of the mechanic, who uses it in a completely different way. He wants to bring uniformity to all, even his cohorts.
    Last edited by Passive Pete; 2017-03-04 at 02:49 PM.
    My Autobiography: 50 Feet Away, Chained to a Rock, and Surrounded by Werebears.

See that amazing avatar up there? You can get your own! Just ask Ceika!

Previously known as TheHatMan

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by Passive Pete View Post
    "Silence" is a keyword action. (To silence a creature, turn it face down. Face down creatures are 2/2. It's controller may turn it face up as a sorcery by paying its mana cost.)

I came up with it while designing a futuristic sci-fi style set (which eventually got scrapped.) It would represent a corrupt Big Brother style power silencing rebels, through scaring them into hiding, or restricting their expression. It's like a twist on morph, and I think it can use similar ruling. The only rules-change is that now creatures can be turned face-up with their mana cost if they don't have a morph cost. The keyword would appear primarily in blue and white, and secondarily in black. It's like a strange cousin to bounce effects. I think it has the potential to give blue some much-needed limited power in a set.
    Isn't this basically Manifest, but not from top of library?

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Wow yes it is. It's been a while since I made those cards. My submissions no longer count then?
    My Autobiography: 50 Feet Away, Chained to a Rock, and Surrounded by Werebears.

See that amazing avatar up there? You can get your own! Just ask Ceika!

Previously known as TheHatMan

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Manifest puts cards onto the battlefield face-down as creatures. Silence turns already existing creatures face-down. Even if you could manifest cards that were already on the battlefield, they play differently enough that they should definitely be separate mechanics.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2017-03-04 at 08:42 PM.

Love wins. S'agapo.

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by Passive Pete View Post
    Wow yes it is. It's been a while since I made those cards. My submissions no longer count then?
    Manifest puts cards onto the battlefield face-down as creatures. Silence turns already existing creatures face-down. Even if you could manifest cards that were already on the battlefield, they play differently enough that they should definitely be separate mechanics.
    Secondly Blue Ghost here. Silence is definitely its own mechanic.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

27. - Top - End - #777

You could just exile a creature and then manifest it.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    You could just exile a creature and then manifest it.
    Then +1/+1 counters and auras would be removed, plus ETB effects could trigger.

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by CantigThimble View Post
    Then +1/+1 counters and auras would be removed, plus ETB effects could trigger.
    Manifested cards don't have any rules text besides their characteristic abilities, so the ETB effects aren't an issue. Also note that -1/-1 counters, +1/+0 counter, +0/+1 counters, -1/-0 counters, charge counters, time counters, and level counters would also be removed. And +2/+2 counters.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Manifested cards don't have any rules text besides their characteristic abilities, so the ETB effects aren't an issue. Also note that -1/-1 counters, +1/+0 counter, +0/+1 counters, -1/-0 counters, charge counters, time counters, and level counters would also be removed. And +2/+2 counters.
    I meant 'when a creature enters the battlefield' like essence warden, but yes you are correct.