New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE2!-CWBG-VI-Save-The-Hufflepuffs!

Zayuz footholds generally aren't earned unless the battle scores were tied. Otherwise attacking is quite nice in that it gives either a region or a +2 to another attack if it fails.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Well then maybe you shouldn't have told me that I wasn't allowed to expand without getting wiped out.
    That is not at all what happened. I simply asked you to not expand into a single region. Which was met with threats. Leaving me with no choice but to defend myself. I am sorry that it has come to this, but you gave me no alternative.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

How did you have no alternative? You literally told me that I could not expand into the one region that led to the rest of the map. It's not even like it was that big of a deal, either. What was I to do but say 'No, you can't stop me unless you want to fight me'. And so you decided to wipe out the guy with literally two provinces because you didn't like that I had more than that.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

How did you have no alternative? You literally told me that I could not expand into the one region that led to the rest of the map. It's not even like it was that big of a deal, either. What was I to do but say 'No, you can't stop me unless you want to fight me'. And so you decided to wipe out the guy with literally two provinces because you didn't like that I had more than that.
    You could have explored into the rest of the map, as everybody else has done. I had no problem with you having provinces, I only had a problem with you having that one province. Which is what I said. You responded with threats. So, I had no alternative but to take action, and defend myself. I had no desire to wipe you out, but I could not just let you sit on my border after making threats against me. Because sooner or later, it would likely turn to you invading me, or the vassal I planned to seat there. I have been acting solely in self defence.

I did not want to go to war. I did not want to wipe you out. I have wasted numerous turns on this war, and military actions, rather than doing what I wanted and planned to do, which was grow and spread my religion.

I am sorry that this course of actions has upset you, that was not my intention. As I said in my initial messages, I really did not want to go to war, especially not with a new player. I truly am sorry.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

I have no alternatives. My only route to the rest of the map was through 428. It would have taken me three turns on average to get a single province through exploration because my rolls for that were just that bad. I couldn't just sit there and wait for you to decide I was a threat, which you would have as soon as you stopped feeling like I was a 'new' player. And I would have been so far behind in expansion from being trapped between you and the black void, you would have been able to roll over me whenever you wanted. My only hope was either A) Call you bluff or B) Hope that I could stand your attack, neither of which happened.

And for the love of god, get off your moral high horse.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

And for the love of god, get off your moral dire wolf.
    Fixed that for you.

Also, you can explore into the black void, mate =/
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-09-18 at 08:38 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, technically Daemon, you had a number of other routes. You could have gone north toward me and the Demesne, both who would be relatively friendly, you could have headed east (394 is probably very close to D4), and you could have negotiated with Catrus to be your gateway to the west. Either way, you had other options.

Just as a heads up, there are rules for landless factions. If you have an heir you can still act as in exile. You either act as kind of roving rebel or you can station your remaining troops (up to 5, if you have any) in the region of a sympathetic faction, and attempt to retake your homeland. So if you had an heir you are still in the game if you want to be.

For the record, if you have an heir, I am close enough for you to easily do that from my territories, as the Nemerians are likely to be sympathetic to humans displaced by nonhumans. I could even provide you a fleet, so you can focus on a land army.
    Last edited by EtuBrutus; 2016-09-18 at 09:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Brutus is correct. Sam and Ed were leaders of rebellions who were captured. They existed for a number of rounds before their respective realms were founded.
    Well I apologize for my mistake. And to make it up to you, I found the info for the Margraviate's region 231:

Northern Aardrosil discovers Region 231 which contains [Good] Undefined resource and a population of 678,000.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2016-09-18 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EtuBrutus View Post
    Yes, technically Daemon, you had a number of other routes. You could have gone north toward me and the Demesne, both who would be relatively friendly, you could have headed east (394 is probably very close to D4), and you could have negotiated with Catrus to be your gateway to the west. Either way, you had other options.

Just as a heads up, there are rules for landless factions. If you have an heir you can still act as in exile. You either act as kind of roving rebel or you can station your remaining troops (up to 5, if you have any) in the region of a sympathetic faction, and attempt to retake your homeland. So if you had an heir you are still in the game if you want to be.

For the record, if you have an heir, I am close enough for you to easily do that from my territories, as the Nemerians are likely to be sympathetic to humans displaced by nonhumans. I could even provide you a fleet, so you can focus on a land army.
    I keep saying that I'm gonna help the Horde, and am beginning to think nobody reads my posts

Jerry, your inbox is full.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-09-18 at 09:35 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I keep saying that I'm gonna help the Horde, and am beginning to think nobody reads my posts
    I don't. Not even the one I'm quoting. If this post relates to yours in any way that's a coincidence, nothing more.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I don't. Not even the one I'm quoting. If this post relates to yours in any way that's a coincidence, nothing more.
    Who're you again?

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

My my, the Church of Onyx has certainly been busy.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I suppose the newest map could reveal new things I missed, but I am way closer to what is going on (and could IC justify it), which is why I voiced the offer. My closest region might even be within distance loss range. And I have a pretty nice navy, which firedaemon and you lack.

Edit: Oh, I see. You claimed a random region in the area.
    Last edited by EtuBrutus; 2016-09-18 at 10:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EtuBrutus View Post
    Well, I suppose the newest map could reveal new things I missed,
    Yes.

but I am way closer to what is going on (and could IC justify it), which is why I voiced the offer. My closest region might even be within distance loss range. And I have a pretty nice navy, which firedaemon and you lack.
    "F#@$ you my navy is great! You try working with sailors that don't know the difference between port and starboard!" *Pronoe runs off crying* "I WORKED SO HARD!"

Fair enough.

Check yer PM box, btw, I gots other stuff to talk about

(and could IC justify it)
    Phelnia has been advocating her whole rule for fewer invasions and more trade/diplomacy deals to expand the Imperium's power. Primus got a request from the Silver Horde for aid some time ago. As such, we're gonna be trying to help out the Horde. We're starting by having the Custodia Alta move into nearby territory and arrange a political marriage with the nobility, giving the Imperium a foothold in the area.

The Queenlands are also pretty close by, so it's not like we're entirely without an eye in the area to begin with.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-09-18 at 10:32 PM.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerry, your inbox is full.
    Fix'd for you buddy.
    Many thanks to Kris On A Stick for use of the avatar!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Is anyone planning on holding an event this round? If not I'll put something together.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Daemon come and live with me in the South. We can get smashed on white wine and listen to break-up songs. Talk about how we'll get them back, we will. 's gonna be different this time. And besides, being away from our regions isn't so bad, is it? Don't have to shave our legs, no-one cares if we get fat. I'm glad they're gone. Glad. We can spend some time on our own, really getting to know ourselves. They were holding us back. I just hope we travel through them one day, looking all regal, and then we can be like "Oh...oh, hi there. Sorry I didn't realise that's where I was at first. Look, sorry, I'd love to talk but I've got things to do with my new regions. They have, just, all of this [Great] Gold and [Great] Backrubs - too much for me and I'm trying to set up trade routes and everything. But, hey, I'm glad you're doing well. We should totally exchange diplomats at some point." Then they'll be sorry.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Zayuz footholds generally aren't earned unless the battle scores were tied. Otherwise attacking is quite nice in that it gives either a region or a +2 to another attack if it fails.
    Hm. Good to know - I certainly messed up a battle roll or two for it. I'm a tad conflicted as to if I should recalculate the battles or let it slide. Pretty sure all but one of them will have the same outcome in any case.. I'll remove all the foothold giving in the war section.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Do you mean the Greater East Arandi Co-Prosperity Road? I thought it was worth checking in case there's another trade route that's been entirely missed.
    Yes, I do indeed mean that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Brutus is correct. Sam and Ed were leaders of rebellions who were captured. They existed for a number of rounds before their respective realms were founded.
    Heck, I ran a leader who was chased out of her lands, captured a bunch more, lost those, then committed suicide was mysteriously murdered. It was fun. Then I dropped all of it and started over with something completely unrelated.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2016-09-19 at 09:15 AM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Is anyone planning on holding an event this round? If not I'll put something together.
    Please do. I don't even remember all the people I've agreed to trade things with this round =I

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Well I apologize for my mistake. And to make it up to you, I found the info for the Margraviate's region 231:

Northern Aardrosil discovers Region 231 which contains [Good] Undefined resource and a population of 678,000.
    This apology is acceptable. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phœnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Please do. I don't even remember all the people I've agreed to trade things with this round =I
    Alrighty, I'd try to get something up tonight. If not, tomorrow morning.

Edit: Announcing the Grand Ball of Jovana de Altan! (She's turning forty, so this may or may not be a symptom of a potential midlife crisis...)

Guest list:
    Zel'Aii Fryst, Great Chief of Melrakki-ey
    Ehv'amhyr an Duulah, Kng of Aardrosil
    Niran Pratgeo of the Five Tribes Syndicate
    Zellevera Dragonsbane, Queen of the Dynasty of Escaye
    Duke Aghrim of Yahagmir, Duke Dornal of Gorthan and Duke Marl of Westan
    The Veiled Lady Rebece Petila
    Ned the Brown, Grand Abbot of the Church of Daen
    Hannah III, Queen of Nand
    The Shrouded Lord (How'd he get on the guest list?)
    Egan Oakburn, Lord Summer
    Edmun Blackblade, Margrave of the Pale Reach
    Aris Morningsworn, High Queen of Avonlea
    Linna Coalthumb, Master Architect
    Valerius Binari, King of Berrium
    Paige, Queen of the Ruby Legion
    Pontisep Etasiel "TwentyThought", Ebrimred, PhoenixCourser, "The Forbidden Courtesan”, Gearedlathe
    Baram Asker, Protos Archigos of the Ambrose Ascendancy
    Samwell Litefoot, Baron of the North Hold
    The Master of Orphans
    Vitale Santos, Dei Empyrus and Cacique of Cahoosa
    Tamurjin, Great Khan of the Silver Horde
    Andarious Titus Brynjolf II, Archduke of Nemeria
    Aneira Penddraig, Imperatrix of the Nihoni Dominion
    Phalnus, King of Besina
    Cato Leonis, Emperor of Praetoria
    Phelnia Primus, High Queen of Primus Imperium
    Nonqaba Shoksa, Queen of Bees
    Blayne Aleuta, Lady Spring
    Basically, everyone.

Edit2: Except Kalamahar and Nifhel. Obviously.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2016-09-19 at 12:42 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

On careful review, it looks as if I only have 5 of 15 regions written up...
    Not going to panic.
    Is definitely panicking.
    Many thanks to Kris On A Stick for use of the avatar!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    On careful review, it looks as if I only have 5 of 15 regions written up...
    Not going to panic.
    Is definitely panicking.
    Everyone: If you add lands to an existing posts in the Lands thread, please PM me. I will update the links in the "Rules" thread. Thank you.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Everyone: If you add lands to an existing posts in the Lands thread, please PM me. I will update the links in the "Rules" thread. Thank you.
    I don't think I ever formally thanked you for doing this table - So allow me to do so now. Thanks murgen, it's ultra convenient for me to have everything ready like that. Really appreciated.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Mary, your inbox is full. However, to answer your question, I believe Lord Winter is still a wanted man in Anceris, so I was not invited.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Mary, your inbox is full. However, to answer your question, I believe Lord Winter is still a wanted man in Anceris, so I was not invited.
    I was kind of hoping you'd forget so I could arrest him and throw him in gaol for the night. Damn it Dark, your memory ruins all my fun.
    That aside, I was going to grant him amnesty so he'd be allowed to attend despite the standing warrant against him, but I didn't expect he'd bother to show anyway so I didn't bother. So if you do want to show up, I promise not to have Lord Winter arrested. This time.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #118

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Round Opener
    If it is not stabilized soon it may prove troublesome.
    What's the actual process for that by the way? Is it "stabilise it this turn or it rebels next turn" or is there a longer timeframe?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

I was kind of hoping you'd forget so I could arrest him and throw him in gaol for the night. Damn it Dark, your memory ruins all my fun.
    That aside, I was going to grant him amnesty so he'd be allowed to attend despite the standing warrant against him, but I didn't expect he'd bother to show anyway so I didn't bother. So if you do want to show up, I promise not to have Lord Winter arrested. This time.
    Well, it will at least be less awkward. You know, what with Lord Winter's position as soon-to-be official Emperor of a restructured Demesne (if I've understood Rando's IC declaration correctly). You did invite all my vassals.

Incidentally, Rando and Gengy, I'll get a final response up in the trial thread tonight.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    However, to answer your question, I believe Lord Winter is still a wanted man in Anceris, so I was not invited.
    Wait, what happened?