New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

I am definitively interested in seeing an adaptation of that system to 5e.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I am definitively interested in seeing an adaptation of that system to 5e.
    This thread is sort of like a beginning to that. But given 5e design principles of simplicity, I'm not sure what ideas could really be included from Lemmy's list.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Just bringing this out again because someone said they couldn't create a minigun for a FFd20 game.

Now... Considering that a minigun probably counts as modern firearm in a setting with modern technology, it should probably get the Increased Ammo Capacity mod for free a few times by default (although this is just a suggestion not a rule - Read the session about how technology influences the availabilty and cost of weapons and their modifications). With that in mind, it's simply a matter of adding the Burst Fire modification to be able to shoot multiple rounds with a single action.

There isn't a "requires a tripod for stability" Flaw yet, but I might add one jjust because.

Anyway, I'm really happy to hear that people are still enjoying my little project. I hope it goes on to make many games more fun for a long time.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2021-10-03 at 03:42 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, Lemmy! I'm so glad you've still got your thread up, and it's funny that you just commented yesterday. I thought about your system again for th efirst time in a bit, and I've got a bit of a conundrum for you. Your system us a little bigger than when I last used it so I'm not too familiar with all the ins-and-outs, but how would you say your system would make a multiple-barreled firearm? Something like a twin-barreled musket, or a volley gun with many barrels. I know that presents a little bit of a balancing issue (though it's probably offset by any accuracy penalty) but I'm curious to hear what you'd think for making something like that.

EDIT: And that's what I get for posting before waking up, I feel like a dummy. Your last comment literally mentions the Burst ability and now I feel like a goof. Either way, consider this post a testament to the fact that I still think about your system sometimes even after about 5 years, hahaha.

With the Burst ability in mind though, do you think any kind of penalty is in order to balance getting a free vital strike—or, well, even better than VItal strike if you do have iterative attacks— I only mention it because the closest things I can think of are the double barreled guns which tend to have a recoil penalty
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2021-10-04 at 04:25 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Hey, Lemmy! I'm so glad you've still got your thread up, and it's funny that you just commented yesterday. I thought about your system again for th efirst time in a bit, and I've got a bit of a conundrum for you. Your system us a little bigger than when I last used it so I'm not too familiar with all the ins-and-outs, but how would you say your system would make a multiple-barreled firearm? Something like a twin-barreled musket, or a volley gun with many barrels. I know that presents a little bit of a balancing issue (though it's probably offset by any accuracy penalty) but I'm curious to hear what you'd think for making something like that.

EDIT: And that's what I get for posting before waking up, I feel like a dummy. Your last comment literally mentions the Burst ability and now I feel like a goof. Either way, consider this post a testament to the fact that I still think about your system sometimes even after about 5 years, hahaha.

With the Burst ability in mind though, do you think any kind of penalty is in order to balance getting a free vital strike—or, well, even better than VItal strike if you do have iterative attacks— I only mention it because the closest things I can think of are the double barreled guns which tend to have a recoil penalty
    Oh, hey there, Inuyasha,

Thanks for continuing to support this project. It's always great to see players enjoying it.

So, the answer to your question depends on what you want your two-barreled firearm to do. Do you want it to hold two shots, be able to make multiple shots or both??
    For the first case, just adding Improved Ammo Capacity and justifying it as having a second barrel works. For the second case, Burst Fire should do it. And of course, if you want both, just add both modifications.

You're right about the Burst Fire modification being a bit unbalanced. I could swear I had made it use a standard action, but apparently I didn't. Time to fix that.

EDIT: Oh, right. I forgot to mention: I will also add a "Recoil" Flaw for 1 cp, which adds a penalty to attack rolls when multiple attacks are made in a single turn (not counting AoO), including through the use of the Burst Fire modification, Rapid Shot, Manyshot and other similar effects.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2021-10-08 at 10:07 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This is the draft version of the Recoil weapon flaw:

Recoil: This flaw makes the weapon difficult to handle when making multiple shots in a short amount of time. When more than 1 attack is made on the same turn, all of them after the first one suffer a -2 penalty to accuracy. Attacks of opportunity do not cause this penalty (but still suffer it if it’s already in effect), but abilities and effects that make multiple attacks do (such as Manyshot or the Burst Fire modification). The penalty lasts until the end of the wielder’s turn, A successful Strength check allows the wielder to reduce to -1 (DC 10) or even completely ignore the penalty (DC 20) until the end of their turn.
    Prerequisite: None. Craft Points Value: 2

My first idea was limiting it to firearms... Then I figured other types of ranged weapon could also sue it. Then I imagined someone swinging a really heavy hammer, and that over-swing caused by the weapon's inertia to be close enough to a "recoil" to apply.

As usual, GM ask your GM if he's okay with it.

EDIT: Oh, right! I may add a note that the penalty to attack rolls and/or the DC of the Str check go up (and down) based on the weapon's size and weight, or at least on its size and weight relative to the wielder's.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2021-10-10 at 02:14 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

cool Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

I added the Recoil flaw to the document.

Therr were a few options and features that I never implemented. I might do that now, since I'm apparently working on this homebrew again.
    Homebrew Stuff:

8. - Top - End - #368
    Halfling in the Playground

It doesn't make sense that attack of opportunity does not affect recoil, a shot is a shot.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Added "Reach, Extended" modification, to those of you who want to turn your spear into a pike.

Also fixed a few typos here and there. I doubt I'll ever stop finding these...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicos View Post
    It doesn't make sense that attack of opportunity does not affect recoil, a shot is a shot.
    Because the recoil mechanic is resolved and limited by turn, AoO are exempt from causing the penalty in order to avoid over-complicating things. AoO still suffer the penalty, though.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2022-05-11 at 06:37 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well then, this got me to log into my account for the first time in ages.

So I'm working on some homebrew content using FFd20 as a base (though probably also compatible with PF1e if you drop the limit breaks) and as part of this class I kinda have to set up a weapon creation system. Also referencing stuff from Spheres, 3.5, and even BESMd20 for this content for that matter... If you're familiar with the anime/manga Elemental Gelade... I'm doing that. If you're not... basically the series focuses on beings that are capable of bonding with someone to boost their abilities and become a powerful weapon (including fancy anime special attacks).

Context explained, would you mind if I had the class reference your weapon system in these mechanics? I had been considering either making a new one, referencing (and improving upon) the mechanics from Paizo's Weapon Master's Handbook, or finding a good system someone else created and borrowing it for this. Admittedly the class will likely bend or break certain limits you've included as they are meant to be pretty powerful compared to normal weapons but based on a quick review of your ruleset it seems to be the best choice in this vein without completely building something (likely of a similar robustness) from scratch myself.

For reference the core of all this is a homebrew class, though I'll also be making a homebrew race that compliments it as well as some feats for them.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: The Giant's Homebrew Thread Necromancy System.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

12. - Top - End - #372
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre: Reopened at OP's request.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

We're back in business, boys!

Thanks to both mods for their work!

Anyway, I'm revising a few cp costs (and also fixed quite a few typos). I also gotta fix some weapons in the sample weapon list.

Next, more special materials and a couple new modifications too. At the suggestion of DurionArcanis, I want to add one that allows the user to add a mental attribute, although I'm not sure how that could be worked without making it break the "mostly non-magical" framework.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2022-11-18 at 02:32 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Lightbulb Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Here's the draft version of the next 3 modifications:

Guided: This weapon’s attacks are guided by some of the user’s mental faculties. The wielder adds one of their mental ability modifiers (Int, Wis or Cha) to the attack roll instead of Str or Dex. It does not add any ability modifier (mental or physical) to their damage rolls, however.
    Special: This modification might require unusual technology, materials or conditions to work.
    Requirements: None. Craft Points: 0

Guided, Improved: This weapon adds one of the wielder’s mental ability modifiers to their damage rolls as well as to their attack rolls.
    Special: This modification might require unusual technology, materials or conditions to work.
    Requirements: Guided modification. Craft Points: 1

Power Shot: This weapon can be charged as move action, causing its next shot to deal damage as if it were 1 size category larger. Alternatively, it can be charged as a full round action, causing its next shot to deal damage as if it were 3 size categories larger.
    Special: Depending on how the weapon works, an ability check (DC 15) might be required for the power shot to be used (e.g.: a bow that can be drawn beyond its usual limit would require a Strength check).
    Requirements: None. Craft Points: 1

I might also add a Flaw related to Power Shot, where the charge works fine, but the weapons cannot make attacks other than power shots.
    Homebrew Stuff:

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got some Elden Ring vibes from that power shot on a bow line. These look good though so far. One solid question about Power Shot though, and I suppose it's more of a GM table-to-table question but... As is depending on the method Power Shot is used could you theoretically charge a power shot outside of combat and keep it ready to launch a high powered shot on the first round of combat (or perhaps even the surprise round)? Also, that would be an interesting ability to stack with Scatter Shot.

Oh and as for Guided, there is at least one nonmagical example in 3.5 of using a mental stat for ranged weaponry, Zen Archery. As for a "nonmagical" craft logic, it could be something like what I do in my high fantasy magitech campaigns in that certain things function as if they were magic through strange means but don't actually require magical investment. Such as special "circuitry" that allows the wielder's mental focus to flow through the weapon. It's like "magic adjacent" in that it tends to use certain magic based principals but any mundane craftsman could implement them if they know how. After all in both 3.5 and PF there's a myriad of "magic adjacent" capabilities from martial initiators to unusual supernatural class or racial features and the like so it stands to reason that just about anyone can channel mental energy into something if that thing was specially designed for it.

You could also put in a flaw that makes Guided weapons require a low UMD check (done as part of use) to activate for that matter, because the ability to channel mental energy into a weapon or object could be similar to the ability to activate certain magic items blindly.
    Last edited by DurionArcanis; 2022-11-20 at 11:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm having some trouble understanding the Adaptive property.

Adaptive: As a move action, the wielder of an adaptive weapon can activate a different aspect of the weapon, giving it an additional modification in exchange for gaining a weapon flaw of equal or greater cp value. Both modification and flaw are selected at the time of the weapon’s creation, and cannot be changed without completely reshaping it. The weapon must fulfill all the requirements for both the adaptation and flaw, including modification category limitations.
    Requirements: None. Craft Points: 1 + Modification cost (maximum total of +3).

To take a simple case, if I had a simple weapon (2 points of modifications), I could give it Adaptive(Blocking, Oversized), which would cost 2 points (1 + modification cost of 1 for Blocking)? I'm not sure why I wouldn't just take Blocking directly.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post

Adaptive: As a move action, the wielder of an adaptive weapon can activate a different aspect of the weapon, giving it an additional modification in exchange for gaining a weapon flaw of equal or greater cp value. Both modification and flaw are selected at the time of the weapon’s creation, and cannot be changed without completely reshaping it. The weapon must fulfill all the requirements for both the adaptation and flaw, including modification category limitations.

To take a simple case, if I had a simple weapon (2 points of modifications), I could give it Adaptive(Blocking, Oversized), which would cost 2 points (1 + modification cost of 1 for Blocking)? I'm not sure why I wouldn't just take Blocking directly.
    The idea is that it could be useful together with a modification you do not want to see always on else you are just paying 1 more than needed for the modification.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I see- it seems overpriced on first glance, then, if I'm paying for the modification (with a 1 point extra charge, which does seem fair) but also need to take a flaw on top of that.
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2022-11-20 at 06:43 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DurionArcanis View Post
    Got some Elden Ring vibes from that power shot on a bow line. These look good though so far. One solid question about Power Shot though, and I suppose it's more of a GM table-to-table question but... As is depending on the method Power Shot is used could you theoretically charge a power shot outside of combat and keep it ready to launch a high powered shot on the first round of combat (or perhaps even the surprise round)? Also, that would be an interesting ability to stack with Scatter Shot.
    Hmmm... I should probably specify that the "charge" only holds while the user is wielding the weapon. Makes more sense and is less likely to cause unforeseen issues.

Oh and as for Guided, there is at least one nonmagical example in 3.5 of using a mental stat for ranged weaponry, Zen Archery. As for a "nonmagical" craft logic, it could be something like what I do in my high fantasy magitech campaigns in that certain things function as if they were magic through strange means but don't actually require magical investment. Such as special "circuitry" that allows the wielder's mental focus to flow through the weapon. It's like "magic adjacent" in that it tends to use certain magic based principals but any mundane craftsman could implement them if they know how. After all in both 3.5 and PF there's a myriad of "magic adjacent" capabilities from martial initiators to unusual supernatural class or racial features and the like so it stands to reason that just about anyone can channel mental energy into something if that thing was specially designed for it.
    That's a special ability of the archetype, though, not a weapon property... In any case, I think Guided is a good addition for expanding possibilities.

You could also put in a flaw that makes Guided weapons require a low UMD check (done as part of use) to activate for that matter, because the ability to channel mental energy into a weapon or object could be similar to the ability to activate certain magic items blindly.
    I don't know about anything so specific, but a general Flaw where a weapon requires a skill check to work could be pretty cool.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post

This is one that I have to revise the text/cost, but the idea is that the weapon is transforming. Essentially, when you get adaptive, you pay for 1 modification, but that modification can then be swapped by another (pre-selected) one (accompanied by a flaw). Essentially, you get two modifications for the price of one (+1 cp), you just can't use them at the same time.

I'll revise it so it's clearer and maybe more useful.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2022-11-21 at 01:33 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    That's a special ability of the archetype, though, not a weapon property... In any case, I think Guided is a good addition for expanding possibilities.
    Zen Archery in 3.5 is a feat that anyone can pick up as soon as they meet the prerequisites (with full bab as early as level 1) whereas the Zen Archer archetype has to wait until lv3 and it can only be gained through a specific class+archetype combo. As far as I can tell the only examples of mental stat weapons have been various magical enhancements though they always struck me as a bit of an overpriced approach anyways, especially for many gish characters who are going to be rather tight in their WBL as is. Though full-casters don't have to worry about it as much since very few bother with expensive 'armor' until later.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Zen Archery in 3.5 is a feat that anyone can pick up as soon as they meet the prerequisites (with full bab as early as level 1) whereas the Zen Archer archetype has to wait until lv3 and it can only be gained through a specific class+archetype combo. As far as I can tell the only examples of mental stat weapons have been various magical enhancements though they always struck me as a bit of an overpriced approach anyways, especially for many gish characters who are going to be rather tight in their WBL as is. Though full-casters don't have to worry about it as much since very few bother with expensive 'armor' until later.
    True. Although it being a feat still means it an ability of the user, not the weapon... But it could be a weapon that is connected to someone's brainwaves, or could be a living bio-organic weapon of some kind, which responds to the users Cha... Not necessarily magic, but still fantastical... Or, you know, just requires a lot of mental calculations to work.
    Homebrew Stuff:

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    True. Although it being a feat still means it an ability of the user, not the weapon... But it could be a weapon that is connected to someone's brainwaves, or could be a living bio-organic weapon of some kind, which responds to the users Cha... Not necessarily magic, but still fantastical... Or, you know, just requires a lot of mental calculations to work.
    Hell we have things that respond to brainwaves in the real world, who's to say that a fantasy world with advanced magical practices (as opposed to our technological ones) wouldn't have come up with something similar? Not to mention there's even things like mood rings that respond to body heat and even just basic reactions affected by the bio-electric field every human puts out. Even our science is starting to be able to "read" that bio-electric field which changes immensely from person to person and is affected by health, mood, and all sorts of things. It's not really all that fantastical at all to presume a world with advanced skill in magic would be able to come up with something similar (or perhaps even better considering most D&D/PF settings have been able to read and understand thoughts and auras for ages). The only real separation is that many fantasy settings don't have as much experience in the science and metallurgical practices that led to our advancements in such things... but those settings typically have sciencey types too like alchemists and artificers and while they're not the "norm" they're exposed to all this magical advancement and thus have better odds of coming up with something mundane that works with those factors. When you look at magic as less of a fantasy thing and more of a "law of reality" thing you can extrapolate how societies might have evolved and advanced their understanding of these things.

EDIT: In other words I tend to try to think beyond the "It just works" idea of magic and try to imagine how it might develop like its own branch of science as well as how the world might change if such things were commonplace. If it's common to have a handful of low level casters in even the smallest of villages then everyone has access to clean drinking water and basic magical healing and a ton of other things relatively easily.

Of course many of the features in your setup may or may not be applicable depending on the setting, hell about half the document would probably be void if you were in a low-tech low-magic environment like something closer to historical medieval or renaissance times.
    Last edited by DurionArcanis; 2022-11-24 at 10:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well, everyone... If anyone's still interested. There will be a few updates coming next week.

November and December were pretty busy months... And I've been travelling on vacation since January 1st, so I hsven't exactly had much time to work on this... Not to mention the whole "OGL 1.1" debacle really hurt my enthusiasm... But I still intend to continue updating this. At least for as long as people are interested.

Anyway... For now, I buffed the recharging modification a little bit. Next week there should be a few new weapon modifications too. Maybe a couple flaws and special materials as well.

Cheers!

Thank you for all your support and interest over the years!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2023-01-18 at 12:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll have to take a look at the changes, I'm still interested in using it though and following this so I'm glad it's still getting some love!

I do have a suggestion for another mod in your system. Essentially it's to start building something like a Switch-Axe from Monster Hunter. You've already got the Blocking, but why not take it one step forward and make a more expensive mod that allows a weapon to straight up act like a shield? I can think of this being a great addition to certain two-handed weapons such as say a buster sword or a heavy gun or even perhaps a bow. It could also be a useful trait for Splitting weapons. Additionally the Splitting could potentially be expanded upon a bit, allowing for a combined weapon that does heavy damage but when split into two (say a weapon and a bashing capable shield or simply two swords into one like the spheres Dual Blade which does 2d6 as a 2h sword but when split does 1d6 as two Light swords) the damage is lessened. Quick cost draft for the shield could be 2pts for functioning as a buckler or light shield, 3 for heavy, 4 for tower. Technically shields do count as weapons afterall, and it would be a rather handy thing for say a bow to be able to shield bash with it.

My original homebrew for the switch-axe could be briefly described as complicated-to-craft wall of text weapon that required a feat to use properly, but honestly the feat was just done as a weird balancing factor for one game and I didn't like the idea since anyone should be able to pick up the weapon and use it if they're proficient with it.
    Last edited by DurionArcanis; 2023-03-10 at 12:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

I've been playing around with this for a bit and I feel like the default ranged weapon stats are lacking. The starting 20x2 crit in particular seems to be a major point in my frustration as I can't seem to make a cool ranged weapon that's as good as a default paizo one.
    Like a longbow, you can't make a martial ranged weapon that competes with a longbow.

The melee options are amazing. I just never am satisfied with the ranged weapons I build.

Another thing in my opinion is that Solid Energy could probably be a 0pt mod. Switching from hitting touch to being able to add ability modifiers to damage is a pretty even trade off, and getting elemental damage already costs a decent chunk of points.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah unfortunately Paizo (and the WotC before it) had no established ruleset for building weapons so many are arbitrarily good. You also can't make the Split-Blade Sword for example, would require
    Exotic 1h slashing
    Mods: Disarm (1 point), Improved Damage Die x3 (9 points), Trip (0 points)
    Flaws: Reduced Critical Threat Range (3 points)

Which puts it at 7 points. You could perhaps say that the dexterity score requirement is another flaw point but that's GM arbitration.

Huh, dunno why I keep thinking Improved Damage Die is 3 points. Guess you can make the Split-Blade Sword with this (not counting the dex requirement). Still, I have found a few Paizo weapons you can't replicate so far, the Butchering Axe is one for that matter, there's no 3d6 entry or even equivalent on the 2h damage die advancement by RAW of the thing (though you could reason that the 2d8 or 2d10 becomes 3d6 instead if you want).

Ultimately though this system is far better than Paizo's own custom weapon system. The FAQ even mentions that you can't do everything with it. Ultimately if this is being allowed in a game you should work with your GM to establish certain norms and expectations, certain weapons could get certain mods for free or reduced price (such as a bow type weapon getting the Improved Reload mod for free) and certain mods could even be tweaked (such as the Elemental Damage mod being adjusted for an FFd20 game where Power Weapons are present and add the wielder's casting mod to damage not to mention the energy type changes for that system). I'm personally going through it to make a "gunblade" or firearm/sword double weapon for a Reign of Winter game late in the AP where Advanced Firearms are present so I'll be granting certain mods (particularly the Advanced Firearm mod) to the weapon for free before pitching the final product to my GM for approval. For pretty much any firearm or gunblade styled weapon designed with this for my FFd20 campaign I've been adding a couple mods for free to match the level of technology in the game and the FFd20 weapons. The system is far from perfect, but it's also by far the best set of guidelines I've encountered for creating custom weapons.

PS: Something else I noticed, the only useful part of the Chop mod is that you don't technically use up any Flaw slots, it costs the same net cost as the Increased Critical Multiplier, Improved Damage Die, and Reduced Critical Threat Range combo it grants. I'd probably make it a 1 point mod if someone went for it just so it's more worth taking.
    Last edited by DurionArcanis; 2023-10-01 at 04:18 AM.