New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    But... in my very humble opinion, shouldnt balance and clarity of rules be more important then page layout? )
    Of course it is... But then I won't be able to justify my laziness!

This might not be a bad thing, it makes double a slightly less epic modification, but opens up the door for an improved version that does allow category mixing.)
    Ugh... The mere thought of adding yet another entry for the Double modification sends chills down my spine...

Us rpg' ers arent all the kind you need to battle with fire and acid.
    When i comment on homebrew or playtests i read the whole doc and go back to the thread afterwards to comment, wich in my case means i allready forgot the small details i wanted to mention. So being able to add a small note in the doc would be wonderfull for people like me.)
    Yeah... I should probably add a "anyone with the link can see and comment" link at some point.

So there are people who actively track their encumberance? huh, dont see those often anymore.
    Maybe, because it is essentially the improved version of heavy weapons in magic of fearun, the material makes a weapon exotic as well. But at the end, 2 steps is too much depending on price, especially since heavy weapons are allready a thing.)
    Well, if they are like me, they don't track encumbrance... Unless the character is carrying an obviously heavy load, like a giant bronze statue, an anvil... Or a weapon made of Gravatus.

I'll probably end up adding the Str-requirement rule... Make it more restricted to high-strength characters.

For completions sake i guess, i think the goal of a good homebrew is to be so clear you can just give a relative unexperienced player the document and they would be able to figure it out, meaning some explenations and disclaimers to prevent confusion. For instance, a string propulsed weapon has to be two handed right? how else would it work )
    Ugh... Stop bringing up good points to ruin my laziness!

glad you dont mind, this is the kind of weapon system dream chars are made off, so if i can help make it even better i'dd love to help. (My goal is to introduce a system to my players where they can create and use their own medievel RWBY style weapons, that stuffs whack yo!)
    Hey, Ruby and Yang's weapons are actually present in the Sample Weapons chapter... Yang's Ember Celica was particularly fun to build!
    Homebrew Stuff:

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Of course it is... But then I won't be able to justify my laziness!
    Ugh... Stop bringing up good points to ruin my laziness!
    You ruined my workday, i ruin your free time! mwahaha

Ugh... The mere thought of adding yet another entry for the Double modification sends chills down my spine...
    I'dd be happy to offer suggestions or help out with wording or logistics. Just give a shout.

Hey, Ruby and Yang's weapons are actually present in the Sample Weapons chapter... Yang's Ember Celica was particularly fun to build!
    i was thinking about ways to builds Blakes weapon(s), but then i saw the double/splitting mod and couldnt figure out what value splitting has in the game. a double weapon can be used for twf, turning it into 2 weapons makes it also twf. so while i like the flavour, what use is splitting again? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You ruined my workday, i ruin your free time! mwahaha
    That's not fair! RPG homebrew projects are obviously far more important than how one makes their living!

I'dd be happy to offer suggestions or help out with wording or logistics. Just give a shout.
    I'm always happy to hear suggestions, criticism and general feedback on all aspects of my homebrew projects.

i was thinking about ways to builds Blakes weapon(s), but then i saw the double/splitting mod and couldnt figure out what value splitting has in the game. a double weapon can be used for twf, turning it into 2 weapons makes it also twf. so while i like the flavour, what use is splitting again? :P
    Give one of your weapons to an unarmed friend... Carry a concealed bayonet blade into a building where a musket would attract too much attention... Double the number of attacks necessary to disarm you... etc.

Or just use it to create a cool weapon combination.

It costs 0* points. It's not meant to be a super powerful property...
    Homebrew Stuff:

4. - Top - End - #94

PirateGuy

That's not fair! RPG homebrew projects are obviously far more important than how one makes their living!

I'm always happy to hear suggestions, criticism and general feedback on all aspects of my homebrew projects.

Give one of your weapons to an unarmed friend... Carry a concealed bayonet blade into a building where a musket would attract too much attention... Double the number of attacks necessary to disarm you... etc.

Or just use it to create a cool weapon combination.

It costs 0* points. It's not meant to be a super powerful property...
    if you have multiple double splitting weapons, can you swap out parts? can you Voltron them into a mega swiss multiblade?
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

if you have multiple double splitting weapons, can you swap out parts?
    Mechanically speaking, it's a single weapon split in two, not two different weapons combining into one, so I'd say "No, unless they're identical weapons" (like swapping bayonets between muskets).

(...) can you Voltron them into a mega swiss multiblade?
    Sadly, no... I've yet to come up with a way for multiple weapons to combine and turn into something different without making it too powerful or too weak...

Fortunatelly, between Alternate Damage Type, Double and Extendable, there are a lot of ways to create "transforming" weapons (who is to say that Alternate Damage Modification isn't your spear turning into a pole-hammer, rather than just a pole weapon with both a spike and a hammer at its end?)
    Homebrew Stuff:

6. - Top - End - #96

PirateGuy

Mechanically speaking, it's a single weapon split in two, not two different weapons combining into one, so I'd say "No, unless they're identical weapons" (like swapping bayonets between muskets).

Sadly, no... I've yet to come up with a way for multiple weapons to combine and turn into something different without making it too powerful or too weak...

Fortunatelly, between Alternate Damage Type, Double and Extendable, there are a lot of ways to create "transforming" weapons (who is to say that Alternate Damage Modification isn't your spear turning into a pole-hammer, rather than just a pole weapon with both a spike and a hammer at its end?)
    fluff is key i see :P

as for Blakes Gambol Shroud (is what her stuff is called right), those are 3 weapons: small blade with a gun in it and a big blade the smaller blade is sheathed in.
    i was thinking a double weapon, slashing one handed with a one handed firearm, one having the extend mod to attach it to a rope, sword having the modification that lets it act like a grappling hook. Then have the big blade be a one handed slashing attached to a shield with a regular old shieldsheath to store the other one in.
    thoughts?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

That and occasionally ignoring the original intention behind certain rules...

as for Blakes Gambol Shroud (is what her stuff is called right), those are 3 weapons: small blade with a gun in it and a big blade the smaller blade is sheathed in.
    i was thinking a double weapon, slashing one handed with a one handed firearm, one having the extend mod to attach it to a rope, sword having the modification that lets it act like a grappling hook. Then have the big blade be a one handed slashing attached to a shield with a regular old shieldsheath to store the other one in.
    thoughts?
    That could work... And now that we have the Energy Conduit modification, we can create Weiss' weapon as well!

I actually thought about creating a chapter for weapon sheaths, but I honestly couldn't think of enough stuff to fill even a page without it feeling like scratching the bottom of the barrel. I then thought about adding a "Sheath" modification, which would allow weapons to work as sheaths for other weapons... It isn't a bad idea, but it's arguably already within the realm of the "Utility, Major" modification.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-04-06 at 05:58 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

did i smell advented exotic modification

thoughts?
    yep its gambol shroud but its katana with machine gun grip and variable cord handle. sheath is basicly one side sharpen criket bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

9. - Top - End - #99

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    did i smell advented exotic modification

yep its gambol shroud but its katana with machine gun grip and variable cord handle. sheath is basicly one side sharpen criket bat.
    well yea, but thats details. i was thinking the basics on how to achieve the premise :P

also, elemental damage goes for touch AC, no str to dmg. so just take it with a light or finesse weapon and go to town right?
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2017-04-06 at 02:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well... I added the bare bones of the Special Ammo & Splash Weapons chapter... It's an early version, but it should be enough to give players and GMs inspiration and ideas for unusual ammo.
    Homebrew Stuff:

11. - Top - End - #101

Kobold

Can there say "load each round manually" be a drawback?

The difference between loading an assault weapon that uses a clip or belt fed loader as opposed to a shell loading shotgun.

It's ultimately one criticism I have of the system, I can't seem to find the ammo pricing rules or say an option to have universal ammo for powered weapons.

Oh is it possible to make "melee weapons" that need "ammo" yet to function properly? Might be an interesting flaw. Chainsaws come to mind, as do lightsabres and vibroblades.

Oh and what about weapons that operate on a "cooldown". Technically infinite uses, provided a catch is done such as either waiting, or recharging somemanner.

You could realistically have an entire section dedicated to having "power packs" be a seperate subsystem to costumize.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2017-04-06 at 08:36 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey there, Almarck! Thanks for participating in my humble project. You too make many different points, so I'll address them one-by-one, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Can there say "load each round manually" be a drawback?

The difference between loading an assault weapon that uses a clip or belt fed loader as opposed to a shell loading shotgun.
    Well, that's a function of ammo capacity. When you reload a weapon, you reload as much ammo as it can hold... So, say... A an assault rifle would have an ammo capacity of 100 (and supposedly be reload by changing mags, which would be reflected by a faster reload speed), while a shotgun with ammo capacity of 2 would have to be reload nearly every round.

It's ultimately one criticism I have of the system, I can't seem to find the ammo pricing rules or say an option to have universal ammo for powered weapons.
    Well... That's... Uh... Because there aren't any. I'm just starting to develop the Ammo chapter of the googledoc...

Oh is it possible to make "melee weapons" that need "ammo" yet to function properly? Might be an interesting flaw. Chainsaws come to mind, as do lightsabres and vibroblades.

Oh and what about weapons that operate on a "cooldown". Technically infinite uses, provided a catch is done such as either waiting, or recharging somemanner.
    Kinda... Some modifications require "recharging" of some kind (battery charges, fuel, etc). Those modifications can be applied to melee weapons... They are Elemental Damage (which can be used to build lightsabers or flame-throwers), energy conduit (for stun battons) and motorblade (which are there specifically to allow the creation of stuff like chainsaws).

You could realistically have an entire section dedicated to having "power packs" be a seperate subsystem to costumize.
    True... But before I knew it, this project grew immensely! So I try to finish (or at least add a reasonable amount of content) to the chapters I already started before creating a new one.

Anyway, thank you for your interest! I hope you'll continue to share your thoughts.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-04-06 at 09:56 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

13. - Top - End - #103

PirateGuy

That could work... And now that we have the Energy Conduit modification, we can create Weiss' weapon as well!

I actually thought about creating a chapter for weapon sheaths, but I honestly couldn't think of enough stuff to fill even a page without it feeling like scratching the bottom of the barrel. I then thought about adding a "Sheath" modification, which would allow weapons to work as sheaths for other weapons... It isn't a bad idea, but it's arguably already within the realm of the "Utility, Major" modification.
    Allright lets add some more builds to the example list shall we? Mind you this is a test run, looking for the edges of possibilities, it might point at some shaky rules in the system.

Gambol Shroud aka the triple threat aka Blakes Blades
    Ever wondered how to stat that intricate weapon? well look no further!
    Since they are actually 3 weapons we will stat them like so:

-First weapon: Cleaver

Template: Melee Exotic One-Handed Slashing Weapon. (6 modification points)
    [1d8, 19-20, x2]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 points), [Distracting] (1 point), [Finesse] (1 point), [Improved damage die] (2 points), [Monk] (0 points), [Twin] (1 point), [Utility, Major - Sheath] (1 point),

-Second and third weapon, the Guntana (gun and katana, get it?)

Base template: Melee Exotic Light Slashing Weapon. (6 modification points)
    [1d4, 19-20, x2]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 point), [Double] (1 point), [Extendable, Whip] (2 points), [Monk] (0 points) [Twin] (1 point), [Utility, major - grappling hook] (1 point), [Whip, reinforced] (1 point).

Double template: Ranged Exotic Light Bludgeoning Weapon (6+3 modification points)
    [1d10, 20, x2, 60 ft]
    Ammo Capacity: 10. Free action reload.
    Modifications: [Additional Damage Type, piercing] (0 points), [Double] (1 point), [Firearm] (0 points), [Improved Ammo Capacity]x3 (3 points), [Improved Damage Die]x2 (4 points), [Improved Range] (1 point), [Reduced Reload Speed, Flaw] (+1 point), [Unreliable, flaw] (+2 points)

Total cost for all of it: 114 gold pieces. Ammosoldseperately

To explain: Gambol Shroud has a large bladed cleaver wich can be used One Handed. Just like any other One Handed weapon, you could use it in two hands for more str damage, but from the show we know its not a Two handed weapon on its own, but to imply the large size we used the improved damage die. The large blade acts as a sheath, so utility modification, and works together very well with the rest of the set, so twin modification on both blades so one exotic profficiency allows you to wield both, and other feats benefit the whole set as well. Distracting is on the cleaver because of Blakes fighting style in the show (and its 0 points so just throw it on there :P). Monk is on it because of the rapid strike way of attacking involved, again its 0 points, so based on the build of the char it might not be neccesary. Deadly added for lol's and flavour.

The other part of Gambol Shroud, the guntana is a double weapon (obviously) wich can be swung on a rope, but not needs to be wielded that way, so extendable grip modification, with reinforced whip (because extendable counts as a whip, it can be used for the prerequisite of reinforced whip). It is also often used as a grappling hook to swing from, hence the utility mod. It is also used in conjunction with the cleaver part, so Twin and Monk to facilitate that fighting style. Deadly added for flavour.
    But the guntana wouldnt be a friggin' guntana without the gun part! So the other end of the double is a light firearm with unreliable (guns jam yo!) and reduced loading time (you shouldnt be able to switch magazines without some effort right?) wich gives us a total of 9 (!) modifications to add. Bullets should do bludgeoning as well as piercing, so added a damage type. We want to save some time by not reloading too often, so a magazine of 10 bullets should do the trick. A gun should be used on people outside of basic charging range, so a little more range on the gun, and off course damage.

The way i read the rules right now, these three two weapons allow you to dual wield, attack loads of time in melee, throw your sword around on a rope to swing from it or just to attack fools. And! Whips can only be added to melee weapons, and it is. The trick is that on that melee weapon is strapped a gun. Meaning you can probably pull of that trick where you swing the sword around, then use the gun on a rope for recoil/bonus shots. Since its still a double weapon, and you can two weapon fight with those. And there are feats that allow two weapon fighting with ranged and melee weapons at the same time.
    And off course you can load the gun with elemental bullets, but thats a different chapter.

Do talk to your DM about exotic proffiencies though, because it might just be you will spend 3 feats just to wield these

Sadly, the katana part of the guntana feels a little underwhelming in the damage department, but thats what you get for trying to cram a lot of cool in a single sword
    maybe later ill try to do Weiss' as well. But if someone else want to give the sytem a whirl i think you should!

On suggestions: language in the reinforced whip to include extendable in its prerequisites. Reload speeds should go free--> swift --> move --> standard --> full round. A free action is allready basically no action. might be more balanced for reloading to have an extra step in between.
    Firearm, advanced states that to add it you must have the Gunpowder modification. Wich does not exist, its just the firearm mod.
    There is an blank line missing between tangling and throwing mods.
    other small things i forgot.
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2017-04-07 at 04:51 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Allright lets add some more builds to the example list shall we? Mind you this is a test run, looking for the edges of possibilities, it might point at some shaky rules in the system.

Gambol Shroud aka the triple threat aka Blakes Blades
    Ever wondered how to stat that intricate weapon? well look no further!
    Since they are actually 3 weapons we will stat them like so:

-First weapon: Cleaver

Template: Melee Exotic One-Handed Slashing Weapon. (6 modification points)
    [1d8, 19-20, x2]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 points), [Distracting] (1 point), [Finesse] (1 point), [Improved damage die] (2 points), [Monk] (0 points), [Twin] (1 point), [Utility, Major - Sheath] (1 point),

-Second and third weapon, the Guntana (gun and katana, get it?)

Base template: Melee Exotic Light Slashing Weapon. (6 modification points)
    [1d4, 19-20, x2]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 point), [Double] (1 point), [Extendable, Whip] (2 points), [Monk] (0 points) [Twin] (1 point), [Utility, major - grappling hook] (1 point), [Whip, reinforced] (1 point).

Double template: Ranged Exotic Light Bludgeoning Weapon (6+3 modification points)
    [1d10, 20, x2, 60 ft]
    Ammo Capacity: 10. Free action reload.
    Modifications: [Additional Damage Type, piercing] (0 points), [Double] (1 point), [Firearm] (0 points), [Improved Ammo Capacity]x3 (3 points), [Improved Damage Die]x2 (4 points), [Improved Range] (1 point), [Reduced Reload Speed, Flaw] (+1 point), [Unreliable, flaw] (+2 points)

Total cost for all of it: 114 gold pieces. Ammosoldseperately

To explain: Gambol Shroud has a large bladed cleaver wich can be used One Handed. Just like any other One Handed weapon, you could use it in two hands for more str damage, but from the show we know its not a Two handed weapon on its own, but to imply the large size we used the improved damage die. The large blade acts as a sheath, so utility modification, and works together very well with the rest of the set, so twin modification on both blades so one exotic profficiency allows you to wield both, and other feats benefit the whole set as well. Distracting is on the cleaver because of Blakes fighting style in the show (and its 0 points so just throw it on there :P). Monk is on it because of the rapid strike way of attacking involved, again its 0 points, so based on the build of the char it might not be neccesary. Deadly added for lol's and flavour.

The other part of Gambol Shroud, the guntana is a double weapon (obviously) wich can be swung on a rope, but not needs to be wielded that way, so extendable grip modification, with reinforced whip (because extendable counts as a whip, it can be used for the prerequisite of reinforced whip). It is also often used as a grappling hook to swing from, hence the utility mod. It is also used in conjunction with the cleaver part, so Twin and Monk to facilitate that fighting style. Deadly added for flavour.
    But the guntana wouldnt be a friggin' guntana without the gun part! So the other end of the double is a light firearm with unreliable (guns jam yo!) and reduced loading time (you shouldnt be able to switch magazines without some effort right?) wich gives us a total of 9 (!) modifications to add. Bullets should do bludgeoning as well as piercing, so added a damage type. We want to save some time by not reloading too often, so a magazine of 10 bullets should do the trick. A gun should be used on people outside of basic charging range, so a little more range on the gun, and off course damage.

The way i read the rules right now, these three two weapons allow you to dual wield, attack loads of time in melee, throw your sword around on a rope to swing from it or just to attack fools. And! Whips can only be added to melee weapons, and it is. The trick is that on that melee weapon is strapped a gun. Meaning you can probably pull of that trick where you swing the sword around, then use the gun on a rope for recoil/bonus shots. Since its still a double weapon, and you can two weapon fight with those. And there are feats that allow two weapon fighting with ranged and melee weapons at the same time.
    And off course you can load the gun with elemental bullets, but thats a different chapter.

Do talk to your DM about exotic proffiencies though, because it might just be you will spend 3 feats just to wield these

Sadly, the katana part of the guntana feels a little underwhelming in the damage department, but thats what you get for trying to cram a lot of cool in a single sword
    maybe later ill try to do Weiss' as well. But if someone else want to give the sytem a whirl i think you should!

On suggestions: language in the reinforced whip to include extendable in its prerequisites. Reload speeds should go free--> swift --> move --> standard --> full round. A free action is allready basically no action. might be more balanced for reloading to have an extra step in between.
    Firearm, advanced states that to add it you must have the Gunpowder modification. Wich does not exist, its just the firearm mod.
    one think to add this minor utility sickle cuz blade turns 90 degres when she uses as impropto kusarigama( whip).
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #105

PirateGuy

one think to add this minor utility sickle cuz blade turns 90 degres when she uses as impropto kusarigama( whip).
    Wich would be fluff. mechanicaly the sickle mode doesnt change much.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Wich would be fluff. mechanicaly the sickle mode doesnt change much.
    reach+ damage + atleast something from angular momentum = it will deal damage if blake wants to use it.
    it s bullet speed is 1126 ft per seccond so kusarigama portion deals damage to.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The only mistake I see is that the Monk modification costs 2 points for Exotic weapons. This is because there are archetypes that give proficiency with all Monk weapons (and it's a common house-rule to give the same to Monks).

In any case... I probably wouldn't add it anyway, as her combat styles looks more like occasional TWFing than Flurry of Blows.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-04-07 at 09:23 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

reach+ damage + atleast something from angular momentum = it will deal damage if blake wants to use it.
    it s bullet speed is 1126 ft per seccond so kusarigama portion deals damage to.
    Sure, but mechanically, it uses the same stats as the normal blade...

Besides, you don't need a modification to have a blade work like a slightly different blade.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-04-07 at 09:28 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

On suggestions: language in the reinforced whip to include extendable in its prerequisites.
    Indeed. I forgot about that because I created the Extendable modification after the Reinforced Whip one.

Reload speeds should go free--> swift --> move --> standard --> full round. A free action is already basically no action. might be more balanced for reloading to have an extra step in between.
    I agree... I just went with none -> free -> move because it's how it goes in Pathfinder's RAW.

Firearm, advanced states that to add it you must have the Gunpowder modification. Which does not exist, its just the firearm mod.
    Good catch. Fixed it.

Ah, thanks... This sort of thing happens when I add/remove modifications and mess with the page layout.

Tell me when you remember!

EDIT: Oh, yeah... You should be able to comment on the googledoc now.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-04-07 at 09:39 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

20. - Top - End - #110

PirateGuy

The only mistake I see is that the Monk modification costs 2 points for Exotic weapons. This is because there are archetypes that give proficiency with all Monk weapons (and it's a common house-rule to give the same to Monks).

In any case... I probably wouldn't add it anyway, as her combat styles looks more like occasional TWFing than Flurry of Blows.
    but not bad for a first try right? :P
    but without the monk upgrade would be easier for sure. Just saw the mod, thought about her combat style and shrugged :P That aside i think i captured the weapon pretty well

21. - Top - End - #111

PirateGuy

I agree... I just went with none -> free -> move because it's how it goes in Pathfinder's RAW.

Ah, thanks... This sort of thing happens when I add/remove modifications and mess with the page layout.

EDIT: Oh, yeah... You should be able to comment on the googledoc now.
    wait thats how pathfinder does it? thats odd.

and me forgetting the little things is why i need the comments :P so ill do those now instead of gooping up the thread.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

but not bad for a first try right? :P
    but without the monk upgrade would be easier for sure. Just saw the mod, thought about her combat style and shrugged :P That aside i think i captured the weapon pretty well
    It's a really good conversion, IMHO.

wait thats how pathfinder does it? thats odd.
    Yeah... For some reason, reload speeds go from Move action straight to Free action.

and me forgetting the little things is why i need the comments :P so ill do those now instead of gooping up the thread.
    No problem. Check if the comments are working.
    Homebrew Stuff:

23. - Top - End - #113

PirateGuy

It's a really good conversion, IMHO.
    If you change the Monk part, it might fit nice in the example part :P

Yeah... For some reason, reload speeds go from Move action straight to Free action.
    in your system, string weapons, or bows, get 2 steps easier reload. but crossbows and guns need to spend at least some points to get more then one attack a round at later levels. Changing the table to include swift might actually help balance of bows vs. crossbows/guns. Other complaints about guns are allready gone, the big crits and missfires.

No problem. Check if the comments are working.
    working on my end, allready added some.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

If you change the Monk part, it might fit nice in the example part :P
    It really might... I just have to add more weapons to fill at least one more page for the Sample Weapons chapter. One of them could be lightsabers.

in your system, string weapons, or bows, get 2 steps easier reload. but crossbows and guns need to spend at least some points to get more then one attack a round at later levels. Changing the table to include swift might actually help balance of bows vs. crossbows/guns. Other complaints about guns are allready gone, the big crits and missfires.
    Well... Crossbows (Crank weapons) can already add strength modifier to damage now. Even a pseudo-Strength modifier, in the case of Crank(automatic). They compensate for the lower reload speed with higher damage. I think they are about equivalent right now.

working on my end, already added some.
    Yeah, I even replied to those.
    Homebrew Stuff:

25. - Top - End - #115

Kobold

I went Crazy... so please don't judge

New Flaws:
    Melee Munitions:
    This flaw requires the melee weapon expend some sort of resource in order to function properly; popular choices include battery power and magic. It gains an ammo capacity of 1 and is reloaded as a ranged weapon of its size. If ammo or battery power could not be spent, this weapon’s damage is reduced by 3 Steps and all beneficial magical enchantments on the weapon are suppressed.
    Special: For 3 CP, the energy is drained every time an attack is made, regardless of if it hits or misses. For 1 CP, the energy is only drained if attack does damage.
    Prerequisite: Melee weapon. Craft Points Value: 1 or 3

No Manual Reloads: This flaw makes it so that the weapon is unable to be reloaded in a combat situation. The exact specifics are left to the GM to decide, but regardless, the weapon cannot be reloaded by hand and requires specific, non stressful circumstances to do so.
    Prerequisite: Ammo Capacity. Craft Points Value: Up to 5 (weapon cannot be reloaded at all)

New Trait
    Solar Powered:
    This weapon or power source is able to recharge itself just by being in the sun. At 1 CP, the weapon regains 1 ammo every hour. At 2, 1 Ammo every 10 minutes. At 3, 1 ammo every minute.
    Prerequisite: Ammo Capacity. Craft Points Value: 1, 2, or 3

External Feed:
    This weapon is able to connect to an external source which supplies to weapon’s primary magazine with more ammunition. Attaching an external feed is dependant on the size of the external source.
    Special: The type of external source to be attached must be compatible with the weapon’s ammo type.
    Requirements: Ammo Capacity. Craft Points: 1* for Light and One-Handed Weapons. 2 for Two-Handed weapons.

Oh and some suggestions.

Reduced Ammo Capacity Speed: The weapon reduces the maximum amount of ammo it can hold by 1 step, following the appropriate progression found in table 3.04 - Weapon Ammo Capacity.
    Special: This flaw can be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
    Prerequisite: Ranged Weapon, Ammo Capacity 3 or higher. Craft Points Value: 1
    Why does it need speed?

Also, maybe changing the Firearm and Firearm Advanced traits to “High Velocity” and “Extreme Velocity” might be a good idea? The reasoning, is that this might say, allow more freedom of customization, since it would allow for say bows that could compete with firearms; essentially let the peopel using the system decide the flavor of the weapons you’re using. And it would allow more freedom in designing the ammunition system if you get to it. A number of other traits are like that, admittedly, but I just wonder if it might be a good idea to reduce the ammount of specific weapon name or type reference so that the person buying the weapon is more free to customize the ascetic feel of the weapon.

Munitions Rules (prototype)
    All weapons that consume ammo to work require munitions to work. Upon creating a weapon, determine the type of ammo it uses and the cost to purchase it.

The cost for ammo is determined by the proficiency of the weapon, under the logic of more complex weapons use more rarified ammo.
    Simple weapon ammo costs 1 copper piece, with empty clips costing 1 copper for every 10 rounds in capacity.
    Martial weapon ammo costs 1 silver piece, with empty clips costing 1 silver for every 10 rounds in capacity.
    Exotic weapon ammo costs 1 gold piece, with empty clips costing 1 gold for every 10 rounds in capacity.

Generally speaking, the type of ammo is not that important, though defining a broad category such as “bullets”, “buckshot”, or “arrows” is perhaps necessary.

Another type of “ammo” is powered munitions, in which the weapon consumes power, either magical or electronic to use its functions. Powered weapons are able to utilize the same power sources and energy; powered ammo is always treated as exotic ammo regardless of the price and any “power pack” or power storing unit made for one weapon can be attached to another. (provided that one weapon uses an external feed). This could be done to say, attach solar powered or fusion backpack storage units to feed a light saber.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2017-04-07 at 11:09 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey, Almarck! Thanks for your post. A bunch of good ideas there... It's nice to see players showing this kind of enthusiasm over this project.

Unfortunately, I'm about to leave, so I can't address all your points right now, but I address this one:

Reduced Ammo Capacity Speed: The weapon reduces the maximum amount of ammo it can hold by 1 step, following the appropriate progression found in table 3.04 - Weapon Ammo Capacity.
    Special: This flaw can be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
    Prerequisite: Ranged Weapon, Ammo Capacity 3 or higher. Craft Points Value: 1
    Why does it need speed?
    It doesn't... That was a typo from when I created the Flaw (I copy-pasted the Reduced Reload Speed and then simply adapted. Somehow the word "Speed" slipped my notice). Thanks for pointing it out. I just fixed it.

I'll make a more complete reply to your post when I come back. Thanks for your interest.
    Homebrew Stuff:

27. - Top - End - #117

PirateGuy

It really might... I just have to add more weapons to fill at least one more page for the Sample Weapons chapter. One of them could be lightsabers.
    Allright, let's do this then! (even tho waiting for another full page shouldnt matter that much in a document like this, it's what ctrl+enter is for after all)

Myrtenaster

Template: Melee Exotic Light Piercing Weapon. (6 +2 modification points)
    [1d4, 20, x3]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 points), [Energy Conduit] x4 (8 points) [Performance] (0 points), [Short flaw] (+2 points)

The perfect utility rapier, able to coat itself in 4 different kinds of ellemental energy to overcome any damage reduction you come across! The damage aint great, but if this is your weapon, the damage you do comes from your spellwork anyway!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Allright, let's do this then! (even tho waiting for another full page shouldnt matter that much in a document like this, it's what ctrl+enter is for after all)

Myrtenaster

Template: Melee Exotic Light Piercing Weapon. (6 +2 modification points)
    [1d4, 20, x3]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 points), [Energy Conduit] x4 (8 points) [Performance] (0 points), [Short flaw] (+2 points)

The perfect utility rapier, able to coat itself in 4 different kinds of elemental energy to overcome any damage reduction you come across! The damage aint great, but if this is your weapon, the damage you do comes from your spellwork anyway!
    you may want to pop almacs melee munitions modification mate so its more like
    Myrtenaster
    Template: Melee Exotic Light Piercing Weapon. (6 +3 modification points)
    [1d8, 20, x3]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 points), [Energy Conduit] (2 points) [Performance] (0 points) [ Utility minor(casting focus)] [Alternative Damage( slashing)](0 points)[Finese](0 points)[Improved Damage x2](4 points), [melee munitions](3 points)
    Here is my take on infamous rapier

29. - Top - End - #119

PirateGuy

you may want to pop almacs melee munitions modification mate so its more like
    Myrtenaster
    Template: Melee Exotic Light Piercing Weapon. (6 +3 modification points)
    [1d8, 20, x3]
    Modifications: [Deadly] (0 points), [Energy Conduit] (2 points) [Performance] (0 points) [ Utility minor(casting focus)] [Alternative Damage( slashing)](0 points)[Finese](0 points)[Improved Damage x2](4 points), [melee munitions](3 points)
    Here is my take on infamous rapier
    i dont really see it that way. first off, the melee munitions flaw isnt really fleshed out enough to use yet. Plus in the show she doesnt really reload her rapier, it just coats in elemental energy. I also dont know what casting focus does or if its viable for a minor utility, but i like the idea. you also list 3 0 point mods, the third one should be 1 cost. and you dont need finesse on a light weapon.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

You know if we put them in party weis ends up mainly wizard with rapier and during major part of show she dont uses magus stuff but who cares its lemmy's book so he is gonna decide whos build represents the weapon better mine is kinda try to reach her fluff and spirit in good terms