New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Klara Meison View Post
    You may want to look into metro 2033 novels. Series of organs connected by blood vessels would be quite similar to a bunch of underground stations connected by tunnels.

Though personally, my next plot-heavy campaign would probably be heavilly modified Hell's Rebels.
    Is that campagin online by any chance?
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoknightZero View Post
    Is that campagin online by any chance?
    It will be, when I'll nail the modifications to the plot down.
    Chief Librarian and Chronicler of Ashiel

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Make the true villain all along be Mint.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zilrax View Post
    Make the true villain all along be Mint.
    While it won't be the true villain, it and it's ban will be one of the main plot points.

5. - Top - End - #305

Well, as long as its in a system i have any knowledge of i am game if you need players.

Otherwise i will poke at it and see if it moves, if it does i scream and hite behind Ashiel and if it doesnt we double tap just in case.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

And I'll find a way to weaponize Mint. Even if I gotta Path of War it somehow mwahaha!

I'll probably have to since the most deadly use I can find for it is poisoning insects.
    Last edited by Zilrax; 2016-11-04 at 07:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

And I'll find a way to weaponize Mint. Even if I gotta Path of War it somehow mwahaha!

I'll probably have to since the most deadly use I can find for it is poisoning insects.
    You can fire a chunk of pressurised mint out of a cannon.

8. - Top - End - #308

You can fire a chunk of pressurised mint out of a cannon.
    So basically a plasma cannon, except its mint?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

So basically a plasma cannon, except its mint?
    I meant more in the sense of pressing a pack of mint into a cannonball form like this, adding some sort of fire-resistant glue, and then using that instead of a cannonball.

10. - Top - End - #310

I meant more in the sense of pressing a pack of mint into a cannonball form like this, adding some sort of fire-resistant glue, and then using that instead of a cannonball.
    And here i was thinking of liquidfied mint in a plasma cannon... hmmm... "Mint through the ages" from the first Mint based artillery to the latest knife edge mint based plasma weapons.

...wait, i think we might have walked into Zilraxs fantasy world...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

You always were in my fantasy world, if I feel like going full Solipsist on this. Which I darn well may do if I'm accepted and can play a Path of War haha.

Anyways, mostly my issue with those is I'd need a lot of money to afford a Culverin to fire the mint out of. And a lot of effort. So it'll just be easier to shove mint right into their ego and leave minty punishment to their beliefs.

Or I'll do something less silly... I mean, relatively.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Firbolg in the Playground

We should make a Pbp game here in the world of Ashiel.!
    Once D20 Legends is closer to a completed stage, I was going to make a pbp to test it.

The pbp board here is really nice. You can give each character a color and use colored text for IC speech, thus allowing you to easily control multiple characters (whether they are all NPCs, or if you have a PC with a familiar or something) in one post.

Another Ashiel Cultist saw the magnificent world of color, and exclaimed
    "For lo! The magnificent Lord Ashiel hath brought us unto a paradise of Sights."

Meanwhile, theblackcoffeegamer had had too much caffine the previous day, and his eyes were worn from a lack of sleep.
    "I see...nothing...so...tired...cannot find Ashiel's magnificent Light."
    before slumping over unconscious.

See, with Paizo-esk aliases, I can only post with ONE character per post. But here, you get 256 colors

13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Meanwhile, theblackcoffeegamer had had too much caffine the previous day, and his eyes were worn from a lack of sleep.
    "I see...nothing...so...tired...cannot find Ashiel's magnificent Light."
    before slumping over unconscious.
    Tsk, tsk. We can't be having cultists passing out from exhaustion. It's bad for their health and well being.
    Prepares to cast Create Undead...
    An easy fix.
    You are my God.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

The colors are nice.

The rolling system and how it interacts with Previews and edits is not.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    The colors are nice.

The rolling system and how it interacts with Previews and edits is not.
    Indeed... I understand why they don't let us edit rolls, but it's kinda of a pain in the ass... Even so... It isn't too bad, honestly. Specially considering we can roll on different platforms.

The real problem is getting people into the habit of visiting the thread!
    Homebrew Stuff:

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Indeed... I understand why they don't let us edit rolls, but it's kinda of a pain in the ass... Even so... It isn't too bad, honestly. Specially considering we can roll on different platforms.

The real problem is getting people into the habit of visiting the thread!
    I keep a few choice pages on the bookmark bar of firefox (which you can enable by going to view->toolbars->bookmarks toolbar). That's how I access these threads.
    You are my God.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I just never close tabs.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just never close tabs.
    Ha! Same here. I just keep a bunch of tabs open to places I visit all the time instead of closing them down. So I usually have some Fanfiction open, Reddit, Facebook, d20PFSRD, Paizo/GitP, KissAnime, KissManga, YouTube and then my naughty places in Incognito.
    Founding member of the Cult of Ashiel

19. - Top - End - #319

I just never close tabs.
    Firefox seems to get really angry after it's reached 2.x gigs of RAM. I'm 99.99% sure it's because it's a 32bit program, but I haven't found a 64bit version.
    Last edited by Ashiel; 2016-11-05 at 08:42 PM.
    You are my God.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Essentially a TPK in the Spell jammer game tonight due to the ****ty attitude of a single player... So, not fun at all.

How many TPKs have you guys had?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

None yet, but a few I've had to scramble to avert mid-combat.

One particular Hobgoblin in Skull and Shackles is infamous among my party for rolling a crit every time he attacks with his Falcata. This ended up killing their Alchemist from full HP in one shot (he stayed dead) and their Barbarian (he was Breath of Life'd). He had also shoved their current captain off the boat with Shield Slam and was homing in on murderizing the Magus when I had the whole crew of named NPCs gang up on him, so he was eventually knocked unconscious.

This omni-critting trait has persisted even after he joined their crew.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2016-11-06 at 11:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Tels View Post
    Essentially a TPK in the Spell jammer game tonight due to the ****ty attitude of a single player... So, not fun at all.

How many TPKs have you guys had?
    None so far, havent gotten far enough in any of the games to get killed apparently ^^;;

However i have met some of the bad tabletop stereotypes IRL, and i am sad to say that i thought they were friends until i saw what they made...

Example 1: your standard useless ****-rogue, stealing from party, useless in a fight, a "Social character" but the only social part of him was that he "RPed" stealing from people.

Example 2: That one noob that complained "For a game where you can do everything, you cant do anything" refering to the system of "Attacks of oppertunity" where he wanted to summon monsters in melee range, and then he sat down and pouted and made his character hang off the edge of the boat from the rest of the encounter.

Example 3: Same person as in Example 1 made yet a edgy assassin ****-rogue.... again!

Example 4: We let Example 1 and 3 actually DM for us once... just saying that his grasp of rules were so far beyond rule zero you would rather stab yourself in the neck... why? He thought 2 weretigers were a good encounter for a lvl 3 party of 5 people. "But the CR was 3!" So everything happend while he was around was retconned and we only won the fight due to him forgetting DR, and just playing them retarded.
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2016-11-07 at 12:25 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

None so far, havent gotten far enough in any of the games to get killed apparently ^^;;

However i have met some of the bad tabletop stereotypes IRL, and i am sad to say that i thought they were friends until i saw what they made...

Example 1: your standard useless ****-rogue, stealing from party, useless in a fight, a "Social character" but the only social part of him was that he "RPed" stealing from people.

Example 2: That one noob that complained "For a game where you can do everything, you cant do anything" refering to the system of "Attacks of oppertunity" where he wanted to summon monsters in melee range, and then he sat down and pouted and made his character hang off the edge of the boat from the rest of the encounter.

Example 3: Same person as in Example 1 made yet a edgy assassin ****-rogue.... again!

Example 4: We let Example 1 and 3 actually DM for us once... just saying that his grasp of rules were so far beyond rule zero you would rather stab yourself in the neck... why? He thought 2 weretigers were a good encounter for a lvl 3 party of 5 people. "But the CR was 3!" So everything happend while he was around was retconned and we only won the fight due to him forgetting DR, and just playing them retarded.
    Our problem is usually more along the lines of stubborn jerks who refuse to work together.

Spoiler: Tonight's Session
    Show
    For us, it was just a single player who's character is racist. See, we're playing Spelljammer, which, if you don't know, is basically adventures in space. Our characters were abducted by a crack crew of Goblin pirates, and then taken into space as slaves. We eventually revolted and managed to escape and were rescued by Elves who captured the ship and turned it over to us.

Anyway, there was a group of Kobolds on the ship who were also used as slaves, and we, and the Kobolds, joined forces to crew the ship. But the half-elven Wizard, Sef, is played by someone who hates Kobolds, so all of his characters hate Kobolds automatically. He constantly spouted off about how the Kobolds were vermin and an infestation and the need to exterminate them and threatened them with fireballs and the like.

My character was playing a Face!Bard because no one else puts points into the face skills; diplomancy, bluff, sense motive etc. As time went on, I was trying to befriend the Kobolods, and told them stories and tales, when it wasn't my turn to pilot the ship. See, in Spelljammer, you have a magical 'helm' which is a chair a caster sits on. The chair sucks all of the spells out of the caster, to power the ship for 12 hours or something like that. Well, none of the other casters were willing to sit on it, and I'm not completely useless without spells, so I became the ships battery.

We found an abandoned ship floating in space, so Sef, the wizard, tried to remove the helm from our ship and move it to the other ship in order to abandon the Kobolds and take only the party members. Ended up with a mutiny on the ship. Some of them were defending the party, because only Sef was a jerk, others wanted to capture all of us and lock us away. I was the only person neither side wanted locked up because they liked me.

Previous to this, a powerful Vampire stowed away on the ship and ordered us all to take him to a destination where we would be free to go on our way afterward and then locked himself in the Captain's Quarters. The other Party members thought the Vampire was behind the mutiny, so they stormed the Vampire's chambers. Missing NPCs had been turned by the Vampire and were guarding the room. Upon seeing this, Sef said something like, "Vampires in their, vermin fighting out here, **** it..." and then cast fireball. So this pretty much instantly vaporized large numbers of Kobolds in the area, and lit the ship on fire, which quickly began filling with smoke.

All of the Kobolds defending the party members quickly turned against the party. The Vampire and his minions also proceeded to kill 2 players, and also bound Sef with some iron bands of binding. When this happened, Sef decided to teleport away (as the GM decided to houserule that teleport works anywhere within a solar system). This left myself and one other party member alive.

My character was separated from the party when this all happened, as I was busy doing story time in the hold. Kobolds were guarding me, to keep me safe, and keep me from helping. I had no spells, and there was way too many for me to try and fight or use bardic performance on, and the GM himself is very wishy-washy on the use of diplomancy. I have +19 on diplomancy, and these kobolds were, apparently, completely impossible to talk to as they responded in very short sentences with little to no information.

When the party broke into the Vampires quarters, that triggered a Symbol of Fear. Immediately after triggering, I see a large blast of fire and smoke pouring into the hold. I moved around the corner as all of my guards got spooked and took off, and I see Sef's wizard say, "I told them I could do it, no one believed me! A good fireball or two is all that's needed to end this infestation!"

See, we play with a rule that, unless you specifically indicate it's out of character, then what you say is said in character. Since the player said the above, his character said it out loud. So from my character's perspective, Sef the Wizard did something to spark a fight, then vaporized a bunch of Kobolds, lit the ship on fire, and proceeded to brag about how he knew he could slaughter them all.

So at this point, 2 characters are dead, the Wizard was bound in magical bindings he can't escape from, I'm running around the ship trying to organize them to abandon it and rescue any Kobolds I can trapped in the flames, and the last party member had disappeared during the fight. I proceeded to drag the survivors down to the life boats, only for the Vampire to show up and order all the Kobolds (who now served him as The Master), to kill me because he no longer wanted any filthy pink skins on his ship. Fortunately, he left and didn't stick around, and a friendly Kobold wizard cast an illusion that the other Kobolds proceeded to kill, and helped me escape on the life raft with the other party member who survived.

So yeah. That's our game session. Campaign in shambles because one player can't stop being an ******* long enough to work together. I mean, the Elves left us with the badly damaged ship on a world that resembles Kashyyyk from Star Wars (planet covered with enormously gargantuan trees with almost no sunlight on the ground floor). We repaired it and had just got off world and were heading towards some sort of civilization when the Kobolods got sick and tired of being treated like dirt by the Wizard and mutinied. I can't blame them, and I wasn't going to help him at all, but then he made things go to hell-in-a-hand-basket with his racist, psychotic rants and fireballs.

Either it's the jerks, or it's the "ye olde skool" gamers who "have been playing D&D for 30 years, so they know what they're doing!" It's really irritating when they build a character, don't bother reading it's abilities, or the rules, or how anything works, and then just assume it all functions like it did in 2nd Edition, and then complain about the rules and the, "back in my day..." stories. When you've got 4 grognards sitting at the table reminiscing about their super bad ass characters... well, very little playing gets down. It just bogs the game down as they sit around and chat about games from the past. Meanwhile, the new players never get to have their own badass characters because people won't stop talking about the ones they used to play.

It doesn't help that the pickings for players in my area are not that great. I've tried to join/start other groups and... well, they are just as bad. At this point, I'm looking into the idea of just starting running games for a 13 year old neighbor and his buddy, because it can't be nearly as bad. Who knows, perhaps I'll get to finish a campaign. It'd be a nice change of pace from the last 7 years or so.

I guess what started off as, initially, as an example of stubborn jerks using tonight's session that then evolved into a recollection of the session and a minor rant about players where I live.
    Last edited by Tels; 2016-11-07 at 02:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324

Hey Tels if you are up for a PbP or even a online game on Roll20, skype or whatever i am game, but i think PbPs are my only way of getting proper games in as my weekends are mostly filled and i bet our timezones are out of wack.

Also that wizard was a jerk to the point i would have taken that into OOC, hell i hate players that absolutely is going to be jerk-bags... or rather un-cooperative. I dont mind evil character or characters that have a "irk" with something or someone in the party or npcs, but i at least want then to be cooperative with the party and the "conflicts" be more of a "fluff" than "i want to stab you in the back" kind (Under special circumstances it could be good, but in 99% of the cases its not)

Personally i like to play character that is smart enough to know when he can be a open douche, and with a total loyalty to the player group/allies/etc. Otherwise i just play good characters with a supportive nature in mind, its a pain in the arse dealing with "that guy" and i do whatever i can not to be a burden for the group OOC or IC. (My reasoning is that if your character wouldnt work with the group, why would they bring you along?)
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've only got to do 2 PbP so far, one had the GM disappear after ~15 posts, the other had the GM never appear after the initial post so... I wouldn't mind doing that. Skype and Roll20 are a little iffy, Alaskans don't get good internet without sacrificing children to the cause ($120 a month for 10mbs download and 1 mbs upload and yet.... we actually get around half that), so they would probably be a lot more difficult to pull off.

As it stands, I'm pretty much through with trying to get games up and running around here. I just keep coming home frustrated instead of enjoying myself. The only times I really enjoy the games is when I run them myself because I put a kibosh on a lot of the more disruptive stuff.

26. - Top - End - #326

Well, i am mostly known with the Pathfinder system so anything with that i could pick up easily.
    So yeah, it seems you might have to put up a PbP yourself, and personally i am considering making my own but i want to see how the PbP games i am in currently unfold to get some ideas.

Sadly my dream setting is kinda a "Skies of arcadia" setting with steampunk-y-airships-and-floating-islands-pirate-adventure which is hard to find a GM because i want to play it, and on the other hand i wouldnt mind GMing one... but eeeh, effort.
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2016-11-07 at 06:25 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I have had two TPKs. Technically three but they weren't game ending cus technically I survived.

The first was Skull and Shackles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diving fairly deep underwater we encountered a merfolk shark druid and a bunch of sharks. He Dispel Magic'd the waterbreathing on my Summoner, and I failed the check to hold my breath so started drowning and went unconscious, desummoning my eidolon. The sharks then murdered everyone else.

The second was in Hell's Rebels.

Spoiler
    Show
    We were in open rebellion and things were going well. The enchanter kitsune decided to then run around the town as Barzillai (He had the assume likeness feat) naked while yelling his secret plan out to the world. (I had specced hard into knowledge so I had an inkling of what he was doing, just not how.). Barzillai didn't like that.

So when we went into the castle, the sorceress from earlier spotted us out, and the whole Skinsaw cultists, Barzillai and his Erinyes bodyguards ambushed us on the way out. We were outmatched so we had to bail out, but because the party was scattered, half had to planeshift and half had to teleport. Those who teleported back to our base found it abandoned as the dragon had invaded and eliminated or scattered everyone, along with it's summoned horned devil (Supposed to be a barbed devil but...) Also we were two levels under what we should be as we had a fifth player. Anyways, so we teleported away to Vyre.

The Planeshfited people planeshifted back the next day but it took them 3 days away from the destination due to planeshift inaccuracies. And three days was how long the ritual to summon 3 pit fiends to assassinate us took. So we died to pit fiends at level 10.

Technically the third is Mummy's Mask.

Party kept getting crit by clerics with scythes who are using Channel Smite and Power Attack. I managed to suck the life out of them with my Life Leech Vitalist barely and get everyone revived at the temple of Pharasma. We've... Gotten revived there a lot. So many crits.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tels View Post
    I've only got to do 2 PbP so far, one had the GM disappear after ~15 posts, the other had the GM never appear after the initial post so... I wouldn't mind doing that. Skype and Roll20 are a little iffy, Alaskans don't get good internet without sacrificing children to the cause ($120 a month for 10mbs download and 1 mbs upload and yet.... we actually get around half that), so they would probably be a lot more difficult to pull off.
    Holy ****! US$120 for 10 Mbs?! I knew internet could be expensive up there... But that absurd!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-11-07 at 05:18 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well... A few hours until we see find out which poison the US picks... Seems like it'll be a closer race than expected.
    Homebrew Stuff:

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Well... A few hours until we see find out which poison the US picks... Seems like it'll be a closer race than expected.
    Well if you are going to flee cross-sea i would offer up a bed at my place, buuut its cold and messy ^^;
    Show