A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Build a Story, five words at a time

We will now be writing a fantasy short story! Feel free to talk about anything you wish, but you may only add five words to the story per post! This was inspired by the "Letter to the Giant" thread!

Here are the opening five words:

The paladin trudged across the
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Build a Story, five words at a time

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before,
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before, but this time would be

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before, but this time would be different. Her hands clasped tightly
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before, but this time would be different. Her hands clasped tightly around her current weapon, a
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before, but this time would be different. Her hands clasped tightly around her current weapon, a crude spiked club she obtained

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before, but this time would be different. Her hands clasped tightly around her current weapon, a crude spiked club she obtained from the ruined castle's armory.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

The paladin trudged across the desolate ruins, in search of her family's ancestral sword. Darkness had claimed it once before, but this time would be different. Her hands clasped tightly around her current weapon, a crude spiked club she obtained from the ruined castle's armory.
    Suddenly, in the distance, a
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a
    voice could be heard, calling

[Updating to try and keep this going!]
    Last edited by HerbertWest; 2016-10-05 at 08:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling
    out for the archdemon's aid
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid
    for which he attended hastily,
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily,
    spreading forth his foul reek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssal Keeper View Post
    Please do not lick members of the committee, thank you.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek.
    A Llama in the portal

16. - Top - End - #16

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal
    answered the paladin's summons and
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2016-12-27 at 09:22 PM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos

Don't tell my AA group...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos
    and Orangina, quenching his thirst.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners,
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners,
    can we not stop the

22. - Top - End - #22

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the
    demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought,
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #23

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought,
    "We know demons die from
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?" 'Tis no matter, we shall

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?" 'Tis no matter, we shall head to the market and

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?" 'Tis no matter, we shall head to the market and buy silver daggers, spears made

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?" 'Tis no matter, we shall head to the market and buy silver daggers, spears made of iron, and hundreds of

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?" 'Tis no matter, we shall head to the market and buy silver daggers, spears made of iron, and hundreds of arrowheads, each more bright and

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Suddenly, in the distance, a voice could be heard, calling out for the archdemon's aid for which he attended hastily, spreading forth his foul reek. A Llama in the portal answered the paladin's summons and brought with him some Doritos and Orangina, quenching his thirst. The paladin cried out, "For while we were still sinners, can we not stop the demon?" Gobbledegook, the Llama thought, "We know demons die from cold iron, or maybe silver?" 'Tis no matter, we shall head to the market and buy silver daggers, spears made of iron, and hundreds of arrowheads, each more bright and deadly then the last. Then
    The greatest story ever told begins with
    "If you could lend me an eye or two, I would like to tell you a tale, the tale of an industrious rogue..."
    Everything else is an imitation.