New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Savage Tide (IC) Pt 2

Not the first time he's been in such a fix within the past day or so, he'll give it that. But those wings alight on the sky like a glorious, blooming flame, so shimmery now...or perhaps that was the rapid loss of consciousness talking. He watched with a detached sense of humility and awe as she...flew down to save the captain. Well, *^@&.

Suddenly keenly aware of the fact that he is now about to die, again, he calls out to his deity for aid past the bloody chokes and incessant gargling as his body and armor fold around him. Don't hate me because I'm needy, appreciate the fact that we talk so often! So few priests take as much time to have these conversations...

As he does so, he turns a portion of his will towards the spell and directs the beast to assist Lora before even that fades away. Maybe that will put me at the front of whatever line is waiting for me. Personally, I doubt it.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    The bison disappears at the end of next round, I believe. It makes an attack against Amella's grappler. Surtros is going to try and cast sanctuary on himself. I'd also like to spend 2 action points on 'something extraordinary' in this case meaning being able to cast it during the grapple without making a Concentration check. If that's not possible, I'll just add 1d6 to the skill roll. The Will save DC is 16 to get past the spell if I pull it off, which I think means it also has to stop grappling me.

Bison Attack: (1d20+11)[29]
    Bison Damage: (1d8+12)[17]

Concentration check if necessary (1d20+8)[12] DC 21 to cast a 1st-level spell in a grapple. At least I don't take an AoO this time.
    Bonus from AP (1d6)[1]

Surtros
    13/34 Hit Points
    22 AC (10T, 22FF)
    Inspire Courage +3

Bison (disappears in 1 round)
    33/37 HP
    13 AC (9T, 13FF)
    5/magic DR
    Inspire Courage +3
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

Tchnicik's song sets the aging barbarian's mind afire as he lashes left and right. He doesn't feel his ribs crack under the impact of the plant's savage blow but uses all his strength to burst free from the grapple. As the man sized vine horror steps near him he lashes out smashing it with tremendous power to shatter it, calling on his bracers he hews left and right and left again! A blurring frenzied viking of destruction.

Spoiler: Connaught
    Show

Swift: uses bracer's of quick strikes
    Chop vine horror (1d20+8)[24] dam (1d8+16)[18] miss (1d100)[75] (01-20 misses)
    Chop vine horror (1d20+8)[9] dam (1d8+16)[23] miss (1d100)[90] (01-20 misses)
    Bracers: Chop big summoned plant (1d20+8)[25] dam (1d8+16)[22] miss (1d100)[3] (01-20 misses)
    Burn and AP: Chop big summoned plant (1d20+8)[27] dam (1d8+16)[19] miss (1d100)[2] (01-20 misses)

Hps 33/44
    Saves 8/3/5
    AC 16 (6arm) +2 frenzy
    Rage 0 /1 Rounds 2/6
    Pact: DR 1/-, +1 hit
    Vestige: Euroynme
    Walk on water, Hammer, DR2/lawful
    AP 3/6

Xtal of life leech 4/10

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Lora swoops down as the huge plant creature envelops Captain Amella completely. A cry of despair echoes from the crew as the captain is surely lost! Lora focuses her draconic talents and tries again to suppress the animating magic. Success! The mass of weeds collapses to slimy sludge, Captain Amella dragging herself free hardly able to move. The crewmen dash forward, dragging her from the raised deck down to the lower deck, headed for the door to the hold below. Urol guards them, staff held high in his tiny hands the old wee gnome trying to be brave, his crow squawking loudly and flapping about in distress.

Tchinik dashes past them, moving to try to help Surtros now that Amella is safe. He hacks and stabs at that heap, masterfully chopping for 14 damage. Even as Surtros feels the life squeezed from him he struggles to cast one last spell to win a reprieve. Aid comes from his mighty summoned animal though as the bison tears right through the vine mass for 17 damage spraying it in ropy tendrils about it and ending its danger.

Down on the sargasso Connaught battles on at the edge of the torchlight. He hews left and right, hacking all about as he tries to keep the two creatures at bay. Brutal chops strike home for 13, 18 & 17 damage and the smaller man-sized plant man is dispatched. With its master gone the looming mass behind it slumps and disperses also, leaving Connaught alone and victorious.

"C'mon, is that all you've got!" shouts Lirith as she cranks the ballista and sends a another javelin hurtling toward her foes. Sadly the shot goes wide in the swirling mist.

In answer to her bravado the two remaining foes simply continue their relentless assault. "Intruders..." as the inhuman voices carrying across the sargasso bed they raise their arms and two more massive mounds of weed rise up from the unlimited bed. The two heaps lash out with their ropy appendages at the majestic bison, smashing it for 8 & 3 damage as the animal bellows in anger.

Spoiler: rolls & info
    Show
    Tchini miss 1-20 (1d100)[37]
    Bison miss 1-20 (1d100)[70]

@razorback I think we need to add another +3 to damage from inspire courage

@Kelvin360 since the bison was redirected by me to attack Surtros' grappler, he can cast his spell without fear of losing it. So no need to spend any APs.

@DrK rather than spend that AP on a missed extra attack I'm going to switch it to spend on your attack #3 to overcome the concealment roll. So 3/3 hits rather than 2/4 misses.

Lirith vs vine horror
    balista (1d20+6)[25] damage (3d8+3)[13] miss 1-20 (1d100)[16]

assassin vines vs bison
    slam (1d20+7)[17] damage (1d6+7)[13]
    slam (1d20+7)[25] damage (1d6+7)[8]
    grapple (1d20+12)[18] vs bison (1d20+13)[18]
    grapple (1d20+12)[20] vs bison (1d20+13)[20]

never thought I'd ever have to google "what sound does a bison make?" but there you go, today I extended myself .

Spoiler: Map
    Show

=> Party

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Malmir Zeet

Intruders...

Cyric's black bollocks! Let this Hell end!

It had been a tenday and half again since being marooned on this green purgatory. First the ship was held fast. Then water became scarce.

Then the crew began to go mad and run off towards the horizon.

Then the seaweed came...

Every night he skipped from broken ship to broken ship, one step ahead of the verdant mockeries of his shipmates. Resisting all his efforts at fighting them off.

Fireproof plants! That makes no sense!

A couple days ago, while plundering hard tack from a crushed galleon, he noticed another survivor, doing their best to live another day. Malmir desperately wanted to contact this other person, but feared discovery.

He took a deep breath. He was through running. Better to die with some digni..

Hold on... they weren't talking to me. They... there are others!

Off in the distance he saw the lamplight of a ship.

An intact ship.

This was his only chance! If he could get to this ship and get it off this weed before it devoured it...

He rushed in, trusting his elfsight to guide the way.

Spoiler: Hi, it me
    Show
    Ill appear at M18.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2017-12-20 at 12:05 AM.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Sarbaz had been secretly refilling the half-elf's stores of water when he had rushed off. Turning his attention to where he had ran he heard the faint sounds of conflict and what appeared to be the mast of a ship...

Skipping across the sargasso like the deck of a lolling ship the initiate arrived on the scene just as there seemed a pause in the battle between what appeared to be a ship's crew and some strange mass of seaweed, kelp or animate plant life. The small light near his head gave him away but it was no matter he would be seen soon enough.

He paused for a moment as the sargasso near him seemed to undulate then water gushed upwards from beneath like a small spring until it coalesced into a gurgling column of water. Looking back and forth between the large mass of vines and the smaller creatures the man finally took a small piece of dried sea sponge from a pouch at his belt and ran it through the elemental at his side, before tossing it towards the smaller creatures. The sponge crew into a large sphere of freezing water.

Spoiler: Sarbaz
    Show

Move: Enter at E 18
    Standard: Cast Numbing Sphere (FB p102) into B16 and directs it to roll into B15 Damage - Cold - (1d6)[2] and Damage - Dex - (1d4)[3] Reflex DC16 Save negates all Damage.
    Swift: None
    Immediate: None

Spells:
    Numbing Sphere 5/5 Rnds.

Hps 43/43
    Saves 7/8/8
    AC 20 (Armour 1, Dex 4, Wis 4, Bns 1)
    AP 8/8

Mai Moves into F 18

6. - Top - End - #276

With the captain headed to safety Lora flies around the flank of incoming vines, leaving herself in a position to enter a diving charge. She again summons Bahamut's power to squelch magic. She focuses her voice at the plant man near her. "Yes, intruder right here! Coming for you!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Vigor Aura should still affect the captain, Surtros, bison, and everyone else around there before I fly off.

Fly to E6 (20' up from water) staying out of range of the vines.

Voracious Dispelling: at B10/C11. CL6 +2 for Dispelling cord (3 of 5 charges now used)
    Vine Man: (1d20+8)[28]
    D9 Vine: (1d20+8)[21]
    D11 Vine: (1d20+8)[22]

Enduring Exposure
    Iron Guard’s Glare
    Vigor Aura

1) Crusader’s Strike g
    2) Foehammer g
    3) Shield Block g
    4) Tactical Strike r
    5) Charging Minotaur g
    Next round maneuvers:
    Tactical Strike (last one)

HP 46/52
    AC 20
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik continues his battle song, feeling the strain, as he prepares himself and his allies while waiting for the creatures come into range.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~17; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 52; Current ~41
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 7
    Spells: 0[3]~ 1st[3]~xx 2nd[1]~
    Bardic Music (7) ~ xxx

Continue song, if creatures come into range, attack.

Effects~
    Inspire Courage = +3
    Punishing Stance: -2 to AC and +1d6 damage
    Steel Wind: O
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: O
    Leading the Attack: O
    Mountain Hammer: X

Least Armor Crystal of Arrow Deflection - +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks.
    Least Armor Crystal of Acid Protection - Resistance 5 against acid damage, up to 25 points per day.

8. - Top - End - #278

Malmir

Not willing to give up his chance, Malmir downed the Water Walking potion he'd hoarded since first taking to the sea.

This'll do me no good if I'm dead.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Gasping for breath and cloaked in the swirling divine mists of a sanctuary spell, Surtros glances at the massive bison in quiet disbelief. Shakily, he gets to his feet and pats the thing awkwardly on the nose. "Cursed beast, I was trying to do something heroic for a change," he murmurs. The creature makes a few deep chuckling noises before fading back into the ether from which it came.

Still occasionally spitting up blood, the priest draws a surge of healing magic into himself to hold off the encroaching shadows on the edge of his consciousness. The fistful of healing spells he still has wouldn't do anyone any good if he passed out.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Phasing out Hold Person for a cure moderate wounds on myself, plus the +1 from that aura. Next round I'm pulling out a cure serious on whoever is in most danger.

(2d8+6)[16]

Surtros
    14/34 Hit Points + whatever is healed from the spell
    22 AC (10T, 22FF)
    Inspire Courage +3
    Sanctuary DC 16
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: wrong thread
    Show
    Vine Horror vs Ref DC16 (1d20+1)[9]
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2017-12-22 at 01:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Two men emerge from the fog, visible at the flickering edges of the torchlight. One, a lightly armoured half-elf, clutches a potion vial and downs its contents quickly. The other a dark-skinned Chultan holding a crystal trident gestures with his free hand and speaks words of magic. A softly glowing orb of crackling frost rolls from his hand growing bigger as it freezes the sargasso seaweed near it and careers into one of the plant men, freezing it for 2 cold damage and slightly hampering it as the frost lines it. Near the spellcaster a vaguely humanoid column of seawater rises, beckoned forward by him.

As Tchinik continues to sing Lora glides overhead another pulse of her antimagic radiating out against the assaulting plant-life. Again her powers prove sufficient, the two large animated masses collapsing down into piles of sludge like their predecessors leaving only the two plant-man active. Surtros flicks the last of the much from the last creature from him, words of magic filling him with a healing force that helps with the worst of the battering he's just endured.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Vine Horror vs Ref DC16 (1d20+1)[9]

=> Connaught
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2017-12-22 at 05:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

With everything dead within sight Connaught merely roars, waving his axe around before he picks up the screams of distress and sprints towards the bow of the boat. Lost if the frenzy he can barely respond to words but the screams from his companions spur him on.

Show

double move to G17 while being angry

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Connaught jogs effortlessly through the fog toward the battle, passing a newcomers as he does and coming alongside the Chultan spellcaster and his sea elemental. On deck the wee gnome Urol hustles the crew carrying Captain Amella to safety below as she regains her footing under the draconic healing influence of Lora.

The remaining crew members continue to fire ineffectively at the plant men. <Thwap!> "Oh ha!" a delighted grin from Lirith as she fires a javelin sized balista bolt that punches through a plan man for 10 damage leaving a gaping hole but not destroying it.

"Outsiders..." again the hostile plant-men raise their arms calling up more massive lumbering piles of animated weeds. This time, as the huge masses lurch forward the two remaining plant men slide back into the fog disappearing from sight. Weed tendrils lash out the crew only barely able to duck to the deck avoiding the lethal blows.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Lirith vs vine horror
    balista (1d20+7)[22] damage (3d8+3)[15] miss 1-20 (1d100)[85]

crew vs vine horror
    light crossbow (1d20+3)[20] damage (3d8+3)[21] miss 1-20 (1d100)[3]
    light crossbow (1d20+3)[5] damage (3d8+3)[20] miss 1-20 (1d100)[34]

assassin vine vs crew
    slam (1d20+7)[9] damage (1d6+7)[9]
    slam (1d20+7)[12] damage (1d6+7)[13]

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Due to fog + darkness visibility is reduced to 30ft and everyone has 20% concealment

=> Party

14. - Top - End - #284

"Blast! They're escaping." The dragonborn wanted to pursue, but keeping the crew and ship safe had to come first. "Begone!"

Show
    Voracious Dispelling: at B10/C11. CL6 +2 for Dispelling cord (4 of 5 charges now used)
    D10 Vine: (1d20+8)[12]
    E15 Vine: (1d20+8)[18]

Enduring Exposure
    Iron Guard’s Glare
    Vigor Aura

1) Crusader’s Strike g
    2) Foehammer g
    3) Shield Block g
    4) Tactical Strike g
    5) Charging Minotaur g
    Next round maneuvers:
    (1d5)[2]
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d3)[3]

HP 46/52
    AC 20
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Again Lora's dispelling powers burst across the area and one of the two animated masses collapses, just normal seaweed again. The other readies to move toward the ship ready to board and crush all it can find!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

"Challenge Me!" the Viking roars as he stumbles into the mass of vines that pounces upon him. In is frenzy he doesn't consider anything aside from destroying the creature, hewing at it with wild abandon.

Show

Chop vine horror (1d20+8)[27] dam (1d8+16)[24] miss (1d100)[74] (01-20 misses)

Chop vine horror (1d20+8)[10] dam (1d8+16)[18] miss (1d100)[59] (01-20 misses)

Hps 36/44
    Saves 8/3/5
    AC 16 (6arm) +2 frenzy
    Rage 0 /1 Rounds 4/6
    Pact: DR 1/-, +1 hit
    Vestige: Euroynme
    Walk on water, Hammer, DR2/lawful
    AP 3/6

Xtal of life leech 7/10

17. - Top - End - #287

Malmir

"On the ship! The seaweed-men are not affected by fire!" Malmir offers as his only introduction.

Seeing cold magic have effect fills him with hope. He detaches a sliver of his life essence which forms a spectral hand.

Spoiler: Spectral Hand
    Show
    (1d4)[1] hit points from me to it

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

As the northman strides across the saragossa to attack the mass of vines the Chultan gurgles in a strange language and the watery creature strides forward between him and the vines lashing out with a pseudopod of seawater at the mass of writhing vines. He then flings a sea snake scale towards the barbarian and there is a pulse of silver light invigorating him and those caught in the flash. Mai strikes a second time at the plant beast with another briny brash as Sarbaz takes off into the mist after the retreating forms of the other creatures, the small light at his shoulder bobbing out into the fog as he pursues the elusive enemy.

Show

Note: Sarbaz has his Watch Lamp active which provides light as a torch 20' illumination 40' shadowy illumination and Mai has Darkvision 60' rolling the Miss Chance in case the fog/visibility issues are magical in effect.

Spoiler: Mai
    Show

Mai 5' Step to E 17
    Standard: Attack Vine creature Slam - (1d20+7)[15] Damage - Blunt - (1d8+4)[12] Miss Chance - (1d100)[76] 1-20=Miss
    Move: None

Spoiler: Mass Snake's Swiftness
    Show

Standard: Attack Vine creature Slam - (1d20+7)[20] Damage - Blunt - (1d8+4)[5] Miss Chance - (1d100)[26] 1-20=Miss

Move: Moving north towards where the creatures retreated in an attempt to regain LoS to them and the Sphere. (Move is 40' 8 Squares)
    Standard: Cast Mass Snake's Swiftness, centred on Connaught, 20' Burst; all allies gain an immediate standard attack

Spells:
    Numbing Sphere 4/5 Rnds.
    Snake's Swiftness Mass; 20 Burst, Centred on Connaught.

HPs 43/43
    Saves 7/8/8
    AP 8/8

Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-12-26 at 06:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Surtros' hand was already reaching out to Tchinik to heal him, but he pauses, certain that he just witnessed an illusion. He'd been so busy in combat that he hadn't realized the beasts could simply be dispelled. He shifts his focus, calling down the power to break apart the essence of the magical creature.

Show
    This will get rid of the active Sanctuary spell. Casting Dispel Magic on the last plant with an action point to add 1d6 to the d20 roll.

(1d20+6)[10]
    (1d6)[2]

30/34 Hit Points
    22 AC (10T, 22FF)
    Inspire Courage +3

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Connaught hacks mightily into the last vine creature huge blows for 24 damage sending it reeling before the water elemental crashes into it for 12 damage dispersing it into a tangled inanimate mess.

Sarbaz dashes to chase the retreating plant-men. In the fog he stumbles across the two creatures moving across the sargasso weeds.

Spoiler: spellcasting
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    This will get rid of the active Sanctuary spell. Casting Dispel Magic on the last plant with an action point to add 1d6 to the d20 roll.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    No need to cast this since the creature is destroyed. Not that those rolls would have helped

Standard: Cast Mass Snake's Swiftness, centred on Connaught, 20' Burst; all allies gain an immediate standard attack
    You can keep this spell too

Spoiler: knowledge checks Sarbaz & Malmir
    Show

know nature vs vine horror
    Malmir (1d20+5)[16]
    Sarbaz (1d20+9)[10]

know nature vs assassin vines
    Malmir (1d20+5)[22]
    Sarbaz (1d20+9)[17]

Malmir is somewhat familiar with the plant men. Known as vine horrors they are malicious sentient man-like plant creatures with the ability to animate vines (duh!). Resistant to piercing and slashing weapons they have no particular elemental immunities.

They are both knowledgeable regarding the animated assassin vines. While easily chopped apart they are resistant to electricity cold and fire.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

This post will be edited depending on outcome. If I can position myself in a way that I can hit both Vine Horrors with a 20' line from my loaction I will use Storm bolt other wise I will Roll the Sphere of the one who looks like he got hit by it last turn or baring that at least one of them if I cannot hit one with the Sphere b/c they are further than 30' and I can hit one with a bolt then I fire a bolt.

Show

Spoiler: Numbing Sphere
    Show

Damage - Cold - (1d6)[6] and Damage - Dex - (1d4)[3] Reflex DC16 Negates

OR

Spoiler: Bolt of Lightning
    Show

Damage - Electric - (3d6)[7] in 20' line

Move: Moving north towards where the creatures retreated in an attempt to regain LoS to them and the Sphere. (Move is 40' 8 Squares)
    Standard: Sub for Move to guide the Sphere OR Use Storm Bolt Feat to cast a Lightning Bolt

Spells:
    Numbing Sphere 4/5 Rnds.

HPs 43/43
    Saves 7/8/8
    AP 8/8

22. - Top - End - #292

Hindered by the fog, Lora is only able to see one of the plant men trying to make an escape. She flaps her wings to get herself going and uses her altitude to give herself extra speed to catch up with it. She nears it and unleashes a breath cone to slow the creature down.

Show
    Glide with losing altitude to catch up with at least the plant man that was closer to her. Slow Breath
    Slow: Slows for 2 rounds, DC 16 Fort save to reduce to only 1 round.

Enduring Exposure
    Iron Guard’s Glare
    Vigor Aura

1) Crusader’s Strike r
    2) Foehammer g
    3) Shield Block g
    4) Tactical Strike r
    5) Charging Minotaur g
    Next round maneuvers:
    (1d2)[1]

HP 46/52
    AC 20

Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Surtros frowns, watching as various shapes go plunging deeper into the fog. He wraps a hand around Tchinik's shoulder, and instantly the bard feels weightless and graceful, his feet floating above the deck. "I think they mean to continue this fight. They may need your help. I can tend to the crew."

Show
    Since we seem to be pursuing the retreating sea monsters I'm putting Fly on Tchinik and staying behind to cast Touch of Healing at the very least on everyone who isn't giving chase.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarbaz gestures the numbing orb across the sargasso. It rolls across the seaweed mat barely missing one of the vine horrors. Lora swoops forward through the fog as Surtros casts his spell of flying upon Tchinik.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    vine horror Ref vs Numbing Sphere DC16 (1d20+1)[18]

Glide with losing altitude to catch up with at least the plant man that was closer to her. Slow Breath
    Slow: Slows for 2 rounds, DC 16 Fort save to reduce to only 1 round.
    Can move this round but not breath as the standard action was already used on Voracious Dispelling.

staying behind to cast Touch of Healing at the very least on everyone who isn't giving chase
    other than the Captain (below decks) Lirith is the only NPC injured.

No map for this bit sorry, you guys have run "off the grid".

=> Tchinik
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2018-01-02 at 03:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik smiles at Surtos as he continues to drive his allies forward as he feels the magic lift him again, his voice gaining more depth as he lifts off the deck and flies forward.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~17; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 52; Current ~41
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 7
    Bardic Music (7) ~ xxx

Move Action
    Fly to E-12 to flank

Attack
    Attack with Leading the Attack +2 flanking
    (1d20+14)[18]

Damage
    (1d6+6)[7]+1 fire damage + (1d6)[5] Punishing Stance

Crit 18-20/x2
    (1d20+14)[15]
    (1d6+6)[9]+1 fire damage

Effects~
    Inspire Courage = +3
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: O
    Leading the Attack: X

Least Armor Crystal of Arrow Deflection - +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks.
    Least Armor Crystal of Acid Protection - Resistance 5 against acid damage, up to 25 points per day.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Chased by Sarbaz, Lora and Tchinik the vine horrors are quickly caught up with in the thick fog. The Sea Wyvern is out of sight, only a faint hint of glowing torchlight some distance away.

At the renewed assault the two plant men turn and face the attacks, a whisper of alien irritation escaping like an exasperated sigh. Again they gesture and each raises another mound of sargasso into an attacking plant monster. Appendages lash out from one almost knocking Tchinik from the sky as he flies by narrowly avoiding the strikes. Whipping tendrils lash out from another smashing into Sarbaz for 10 damage and drawing him in, crushing him for a further 12 damage as the massive clump of plant matter seeks to mindlessly subsume him!

Spoiler: rolls & info
    Show
    Sorry, I got distracted for a few days by nothing really...on with the show:

assassin vine vs Tchinik
    slam (1d20+7)[16] damage (1d6+7)[10]

assassin vine vs Sarbaz
    slam (1d20+7)[21] damage (1d6+7)[10]
    grapple vine (1d20+12)[32] vs Sarbaz (1d20+8)[18]
    constrict damage (1d6+7)[12]

So, to recap:
    2 vine horrors left (of which one is injured)
    2 more assassin vines have been animated (that makes at least 13 this fight!)
    Sarbaz is grappled

Connaught & elemental (Mai) are back at the ship (1 move action away from the combat)
    Surtros, Malmir also at the ship but a double move away unless you can move through difficult terrain easily.

=> Party

27. - Top - End - #297

Malmir

With the effects of the water walk potion, the Saragossa does not impede him too much.

He readies a spell to pass through his spectral hand, and moves towards the entangled would-be rescuer.

28. - Top - End - #298

Lora was surprised by 2 extra humanoids showing up but as one was quickly swallowed up by the vines they were obviously allies at least for this fight. "Focus on the vine men and the vines will stop!" She flies slightly above and past the fight wanting to corral in the fleeing enemy. She again focuses her power to exterminate the power feeding the vines so that the others could get to the real enemy.

Show
    Fly gaining a little altitude Glide with losing altitude to catch up with at least the plant man that was closer to her. She finely targets the area to hit both vines but no allies (vines are large, Sarbaz is only in one corner of it.
    Did they make their saving throws vs Slow Breath last round?

Voracious Dispelling. CL6 +2 for Dispelling cord (5 of 5 charges now used)
    Vine left: (1d20+8)[21]
    Vine right: (1d20+8)[18]
    AP for the one grappling the newcomer if needed (1d6)[1]

Enduring Exposure
    Iron Guard’s Glare
    Vigor Aura

1) Crusader’s Strike g
    2) Foehammer g
    3) Shield Block g
    4) Tactical Strike r
    5) Charging Minotaur g
    Next round maneuvers:
    All granted

HP 46/52
    AC 20
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik continues forward, heeding Lora's words, as he goes for one of the deadly creatures.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~17; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 52; Current ~41
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 7
    Bardic Music (7) ~ xxx

Move Action
    Fly to one of the vine horrors, the one not damaged if possible but the other if he can't get to the other.

Attack
    Attack with Sapphire Nightmare Blade
    SNB (1d20+12)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show

You attempt a Concentration check as part of this maneuver, using the target creature’s AC as the DC of the check. You then make a single melee attack against your target. The attack is also part of this maneuver. If your Concentration check succeeds, the target is fl at-footed against your attack, and you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage. If your check fails, your attack is made with a –2 penalty and deals normal damage.

(1d20+12)[15]

Damage
    (1d6+6)[9]+1 fire damage + (1d6)[3]Punishing Stance + (1d6)[4] Sapphire Nightmare Blade

Crit 18-20/x2
    (1d20+12)[22]
    (1d6+6)[8]+1 fire damage

Effects~
    Inspire Courage = +3
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: X
    Leading the Attack: X

30. - Top - End - #300

Malmir

This better work...

With a whispered prayer to Tymora, Malmir casts shocking grasp, directing his spectral hand to deliver it on the remaining plant humanoid.

Spoiler: Zap
    Show
    (1d20+8)[9] touch through hand
    (5d6)[16] damage

Beshaba's bollocks. This is why I don't pray!

Visions of rescue fade as the plantman dodges the floating hand.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2018-01-10 at 11:21 AM.