New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Savage Tide (IC) Pt 2

The howl and the fury of the storm are unimaginable. Tchinik calls out to his fellow shipmates, driving them forward. They fight to keep the ship afloat, a saga in itself as a testament to the courage and skill of the crew and passengers. It all seems as if they are about to turn the tide against itself as the ship lurches and a sounds like screaming... as if the ship itself were giving its death knell, rises above the raging storm and everyone is thrown to the dark sea...

As everyone finds themselves washing up near a shore, they race to the beach. Catching their breath, Tchinik and the others call out for other survivors, swimming out to save those they can. Once everyone that can be saved is and whatever salvage they can find, the look to those lost, burying them and saying prayers.
    With everyone finally taking a break, besides Indo, Tchinik move to talk to Captain Venkalie. "Captain, I'm sorry for the loss of your crew and ship. We can dwell on this later but right now we have to figure out how to survive. Do you know where we last were?" he says, voice full of sorrow.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bodies buried, Lora joins the group around the Captain. "We should be able to find food and water easily enough. I'll take to the skies in a few minutes to get a lay of the land and hopefully see a good place for shelter." She sits on the sand resting, awaiting the captain's input.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If it helps, assume Lora takes to the skies next to scout this part of the island. Looking for signs of life, location for shelter, and other items of note.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Farid crawls from the surf, dragging his pack behind him, and waves weakly to the others. As he clambers to his feet, he gazes into the far distance up and down the shore, hoping to see some sign of civilization. He'd only gotten a few glances of the ship's charts before the storm had blown up — plainly this wasn't Farshore, but how far off course had they been pushed?

He stares at the holed Wyvern, pondering what else from the ship can be salvaged, as Tchinik's query calls him back. "Yes, yes, I …" he begins, grasping his journal and paging quickly through it for the Rover's Chant, a prayer used by Baervan Wildwanderer's traveling priests. Then his face falls. The book had been thoroughly waterproofed, but the tumult of the shipwreck had torn those pages clean out. His gaze returns to the surf, searching in vain for floating bits of paper.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I actually had Lay of the Land but cut it for accounting reasons!

(1d20+6)[20] Know (geography)

"My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Urol's eyes brighten at Malmir's request "Ooh, ooh! I can help! I mean, I'm not a ranger, but I'd be honored to plot us a route through the mountains and down the coast to Farshore. I estimate it should take about ten days. Quick and safe. Scenic too! Let me see if I have an old map around here." He pulls out an old sodden parchment "Ah, here it is!" he smooths it out in the sun and shows you.

"Sorry about all the pictures. It was a long journey and I like to draw...Hopefully we'll get to see some of these monsters in real life!"

Spoiler: Map
    Show

You are at the shoulder about 2/3 of the way up on the right side, where the North-northeast / line intersects with the island (directly south of the T Rex picture).

Your destination Farshore is at the south on a small island.

The others gather around, except for Indo who sits astride his destrier as if ready for an afternoon ride. "Hurry up then, which way?! You've done your best to get us all killed so far but you're not going to get me! By the gods I'll have your hides when we get to Farshore. And as for you, you sorry excuse for a captain..."

As if in answer to his sniping there is a tremendous ROAR from the tree line nearby. A massive bipedal dinosaur crashes from the undergrowth. It looks like it's made of maw, with teeth like shortswords. Blinking it's beady eyes in the sunlight it immediately ROAR's again before charging across the sand towards you!

Indo screams and immediately pulls his horse around and flees away down the beach as Lirith curses him a gutless fool and the others look to you for leadership.

Spoiler: combat rolls & info
    Show
    knowledge nature
    Tchinik (1d20+4)[22]
    Lora (1d20+3)[11]
    Malmir (1d20+5)[16]
    Farid (1d20+14)[22]
    => Yep it's a Tyrannosaurus. A lethal killing machine easily capable of swallowing a person whole!

For those nostalgic like me, here we are revisiting one of the first D&D modules I ever DM'ed, age ~10:

initiative
    Tchinik (1d20+6)[17]
    Connaught (1d20)[11]
    Lora (1d20)[11]
    Malmir (1d20+3)[19]
    Farid (1d20+3)[10]
    Elmes (1d20+1)[8]
    NPCs (1d20)[19] +?
    t rex (1d20+1)[2]

=> Party
    T rex is 60ft away
    will do a map when I can

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Elmes activates a protective aura and moves forward towards the dinosaur, readying the shield, then recites a sacred passage invoking Tyr's blessing on everyone around him. "Let me take the first attack of the beast."

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: activate Protection Devotion
    Move: advance 20 feet and ready the shield.
    Standard: cast Recitation

Protection Devotion 10/10: you gain a +3 sacred bonus to AC, as does every ally within 30 feet of you.

Recitation 7/7: The spell affects all allies and foes within the spell's area at the moment you cast it (range: 60 feet). Your allies gain a +2 luck bonus on attack rolls and saving throws, or a +3 luck bonus if they worship the same patron deity as you. Enemies suffer a -2 luck penalty on attack rolls and saving throws.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

"Indo, you're whining keen must have brought the beast to us. If you value your skin, you'll keep your mouth shut lest you bring more of its bretheren upon us." Tchinik growls out at the sycophant.
    Raising his voice high, he calls out to those assembled. "Come! We have brought down bigger, nastier creatures before! Let us bring another down and see what the meat of this beast tastes like!" he cries out as he turns and points with his spear to the huge creature, "Spread out and don't let the creature corner you!" and with that, the Mulani begins a battle hymn as he drives his allies on.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~19; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 62; Current ~62
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 7
    Spells: 0[3]~ 1st[3]~ 2nd[1]~
    Bardic Music (7) ~ x

Swift Action
    Cast Inspirational Boost

Standard Action
    Begin Inspire Courage

Effects~
    Inspire Courage = +2 to hit and damage
    Punishing Stance: -2 to AC and +1d6 damage
    Steel Wind: O
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: O
    Leading the Attack: O
    Mountain Hammer: O

Least Armor Crystal of Arrow Deflection - +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks.
    Least Armor Crystal of Acid Protection - Resistance 5 against acid damage, up to 25 points per day.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

The barbarian returned from the sand dunes, nodding to Lirith happily. As Info starts to complain he angrily snarls at the pompus ass. "Shut it you fool. Many have died and we are stuck with you. On this beach though you fool no one will care if I hack you into masher food."

As Indo threatens the Captain he had snarled, axe on hand, only Lirith's restraining arm slowing him down. The T-Rex appearing from the trees was a shock! An earthy oath as he pushed Lilith behind him and gestured at the terrified cabin boy who would be but a snack for the lizard. "Get behind me!"

Feeling Savnok's influence he stretches out his arms, massive plates of black steel appearing drenched with blood as he began to firm a mass of steel.

Spoiler: Connaught
    Show

Full: summon Savnok plate (+2 fortication plate)

AC 22 (10 arm, 2 shield)
    Saves +8/3/5
    HPs 55/55

Vestige

Pact: +5 hps, +1 hit

Andras (1d20+10)[30] vs DC 22
    + Summon mount & ride bonus
    + Smite Evil/good
    + Improved critical [all]

Savnok (1d20+10)[20] vs DC 15
    + Call +2 Fortification full plate
    + DR 3/ piercing
    + Move ally

Conditions
    Inspire courage +2

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #458

"Now there's a beast! We can give it something else to try snacking on first." With a touch of her necklace a large black scorpion appears ahead of the group, and it readies its claws for the assault. Lora takes to the skies, working on gaining enough altitude to be out of the dinosaur's reach but within reach of burning with her fire breath.

Show
    Amber Amulet of Vermin. The magic lasts one minute but I doubt the scorpion will last that long. It readies a full attack for when the t-rex gets in range. Lora gains 20' in height, just behind Elmes

Claw 1: (1d20+6)[7] crit: (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9] crit: (1d6+4)[7]

Claw 2: (1d20+6)[26] crit: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6] crit: (1d6+4)[5]
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

9. - Top - End - #459

Malmir

No! I am sick of everything I encounter trying to eat me!

He looses a ball of fire at the creature’s massive head, hoping the blast radius will avoid his fellow mammals.

Are dragonfolk reptiles? I’ll have to ask later.

Spoiler: Fireball
    Show
    Hopefully high enough and far enough away from friends.
    (7d6)[22] DC 16
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

10. - Top - End - #460

Chimera

Farid is still facing the ocean when the tyrannosaurus erupts from the jungle behind him, and he jumps in surprise at its terrible bellow.

Whirling, he draws his bow and hustles out of the ocean. Though half-mesmerized by the creature's gigantic maw, he still recalls Rax Sabbara's treatise on the megafauna of Chult (completed, post-mortem, by Sabbara's assistant Tyrene — the researcher's body was never recovered.)

"It's not nimble, but it's faster than any man on foot!" he calls. "And it can swallow any one of us in a gulp!"

Show

Move action: Dark Knowledge (2 uses of 5): +1 to hit for party
    Knowledge Devotion: +2 to hit/dmg

Move action: Draw bow, get behind somebody tougher.

AC: 19 (Touch 13, FF 16)
    HP: 47/47

Active effects:
    Heart of Water
    Sea Legs
    Protection Devotion 10/10: +3 sacred bonus to AC
    Inspire Courage +2 morale hit/dmg
    Dark Knowledge +1 to hit untyped
    Knowledge Devotion: +2 Insight to hit/dmg
    Recitation: +2 luck hit/saves

Last edited by infomatic; 2018-11-27 at 05:58 PM.
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Elmes advances across the beach, shield held ready as nearby Tchinik starts a battle hymn. Connaught invokes the power of the bound Savnok and is encased in plated mail of black steel.

Lora flaps her wings and rises into the air aiming to get out of harm's way. Clasping her amulet a dark chitinous scorpion the size of a horse is summoned on the beach near Elmes. Words of a magical spell ring out and a mote of flame streaks out from Malmir exploding into searing fire as the strikes the oncoming tyrannosaur for 11 damage. Next to Malmir, Farid draws his bow as he recalls his learnings of such beasts.

Urol stands awe-struck, gazing in rapture at the huge beast thundering towards the party. "Wow!" is all the wee gnome can whisper. As Amella hastily loads her crossbow and Indo backs hesitiantly away on his horse, Lirith stands proud and bravely lets fly an arrow striking for 8 damage. "Oh you will make a fine trophy!" shouts the red-haired warrior at the looming beast.

The huge dinosaur thunders across the beach great swathes of sand flying behind it as its massively powerful legs churn the idyllic shore beneath it. It slams into the nearest opponent, the scorpion, smashing into it and mouth closing down crunching for 18 damage as chitin cracks and the magical scorpion fights to survive! It's claws snip and tear at the dinosaur for 11 damage as blood flows freely from the two creatures staining the sands red with ichor.

Spoiler: rolls & info
    Show
    t-rex vs fireball
    Ref DC16 (1d20+12)[29]

Lirith
    Move: draw bow
    Standard: bow vs t-rex (1d20+10)[29] damage (1d8+4)[8]

Captain Amella
    Move: draw crossbow
    Move: load crossbow

t-rex vs scorpion Charge!
    bite (1d20+22)[37] damage (3d6+13)[18]

scorpion 5ft steps as part of readied attack in order to be in melee range (t-rex has reach)

=> Party
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-01-13 at 03:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462

"It's an animal, let's see what it thinks about being on fire!" Lora flies up higher then unleashes a straight blast of bright orange flames with flashes of platinum down at the dinosaur. The scorpion continues its attack with claws and stinger.

Show
    Fly up to 40' and above the T-Rex. 30' line of entangling fire down, avoiding any other targets. Fire Aura is On. AP spent for +1d8 damage.

Entangling Fire Breathwith AP: 5d8 fire in half, then Reflex DC17 to half that again. (5d8)[31] Fire
    Any taking damage are then entangled and take 1d8 fire damage for (1d4)[4] rounds.
    Entangling Fire: (1d8)[7] Fire

Claw 1: (1d20+6)[16] crit: (1d20+6)[22] (entangled and it charged last round?)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8] crit: (1d6+4)[7]

Claw 2: (1d20+6)[23] crit: (1d20+6)[11] (entangled and it charged last round?)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] crit: (1d6+4)[10]

Sting: (1d20+1)[15] crit: (1d20+1)[16] (entangled and it charged last round?)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4] crit: (1d6+2)[6] Plus Fort DC 14 poison (1d4/1d4 CON)

Spoiler: Maneuvers
    Show
    Forgot to roll them before, so rolling 2 rounds worth. Next round I get my last maneuver.
    Maneuvers:
    1) Leading the Attack
    2) Foehammer
    3) Shield Block
    4) Tactical Strike
    5) Mountain Hammer

(1d5)[5]
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d3)[2]
    (1d2)[1]

EDIT: I only get 2 maneuvers initially, so those rolls are for last round, this round, and next.

EDIT: Wow, I think I hurt it a bit
    Last edited by Cavir; 2018-12-30 at 12:42 AM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

The barbarian looks about through the heavy grille of his plate helm. Focusing on the ether around him threads of sand slowly begin to form up around him taking the shape of an impressive looking horse. As the beast takes life, pulse and breath beginning he mounts up, lance in hand and looks at the flaming T-rex and the scorpion battling down the beach. "Now beast, get ready to taste my steel!"

Show

Summon Horse and mount up

AC 22 (10 arm, 2 shield)
    Saves +8/3/5
    HPs 55/55

Vestige

+ Smite Evil/good

+ DR 3/ piercing
    + Move ally

Conditions
    Inspire courage +2

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Elmes casts a spell and a longsword made of force appears next to the dinosaur, attacking it. Elmes himself keeps his position, quite satisfied with the dinosaur's attention to the scorpion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spiritual Weapon 7/7: (1d20+10)[22] for (1d8+2)[5]

Protection Devotion 9/10: you gain a +3 sacred bonus to AC, as does every ally within 30 feet of you.

Recitation 6/7: The spell affects all allies and foes within the spell's area at the moment you cast it (range: 60 feet). Your allies gain a +2 luck bonus on attack rolls and saving throws, or a +3 luck bonus if they worship the same patron deity as you. Enemies suffer a -2 luck penalty on attack rolls and saving throws.

Iron Guard's Glare in effect. While you are in this stance, any opponent that you threaten takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls against your allies. This penalty does not apply to attacks made against you. Enemies you threaten become aware of the consequences of the stance.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik, voice rising above the roar of battle, charges forward as he leans in, seeking to focus his attack on the creature's soft underbelly.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~19; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 62; Current ~62
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 7
    Bardic Music (7) ~ x

Standard Action
    Attack with Spear using Mountain Hammer
    (1d20+11)[13] Edit+1 from Dark Knowledge, for a total of 14

Damage
    (1d8+7)[14]+ (1d6)[2] Punishing Stance + (2d6)[6] Mountain Hammer

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+11)[22]
    (2d8+14)[28]

Effects~
    Dark Knowledge (Farid ) = +1 to hit
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: O
    Mountain Hammer: O

Least Armor Crystal of Arrow Deflection - +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks.
    Least Armor Crystal of Acid Protection - Resistance 5 against acid damage, up to 25 points per day.
    Last edited by razorback; 2019-01-03 at 01:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

Malmir

"Something that big should not be that fast!" Malmir yells with great indignation.

Chaging tactics, he turns invisible.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

17. - Top - End - #467

Chimera

Shaken by the creature’s assault on the scorpion, Farid’s fingers fumble a bit as he nocks an arrow in a still-wet bowstring. But he steadies himself as his new allies spring into action, particularly reassured by the Raptoran’s fiery attack. Even the largest beasts feared fire — though who knows whether different rules applied on this island?

He shakes such thoughts from his head and looses the arrow, sending another quickly behind it.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d20+14)[24] to hit for (1d8)[1]+6 = 7 (includes -2 penalty for rapid shot)
    (1d20+14)[23] to hit for (1d8)[8]+6 = 14 (includes -2 penalty for rapid shot)

Crit checks (if needed)
    (1d20+14)[26]
    (1d20+14)[26]

STATUS
    AC: 19 (touch 13)
    HP: 47

Conditions
    Inspire courage +2
    Recitation +2
    Dark Knowledge (Tactics) +1
    Knowledge Devotion +2
    Last edited by infomatic; 2019-01-03 at 01:10 PM.
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Lora breathes fire, flames washing over the mighty beast for 7 damage wrapping about it hampering it and burning for another 7 damage. The scorpion faces off against the dinosaur, a clash of the titans as its claws crush and slice for 8 & 10 damage and it stings for 4 damage. As the scorpion holds it off Connaught mounts up, ready to do battle!

Elmes invokes a prayer to Tyr and a spiritual sword flashes into being slashing at the angry lizard for 5 damage. Tchinik dashes forward heroically to stab with his longspear, a skillful blow for 22 damage as Malmir disappears invisible. Farid peppers it with arrows for 7 & 14 damage. Lirith and Amella shoot frantically too, hitting for 10 & 5 damage.

The massive jaws clamp down on the scorpion and even as it snicks and stings at the tyrannosaurus the dinosaur clamps its jaws further with a horrid wet crunching sound for 23 damage. With a soft pop the summoned scorpion vanishes back into the ether leaving a frustrated and enraged tyrannosaurus facing off against Tchinik. Lirith drops her bow and dashes up alongside him drawing her falchion as she does.

Spoiler: rolls etc
    Show
    T-Rex vs entangling fire breath
    Ref DC17 (1d20+12)[20]

T-Rex vs poison
    Fort DC14 (1d20+16)[23]

Lirith
    Standard: bow vs t-rex (1d20+10)[19] damage (1d8+4)[10]
    Move: advance & draw falchion

Captain Amella
    Standard: crossbow vs t-rex (1d20+10)[23] damage (1d8+2)[5]
    Move: load crossbow

t-rex vs scorpion
    bite (1d20+18)[25] damage (3d6+13)[28]

=> Party

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Elmes casts another spell, conjuring a layer of slippery ice right under the dinosaur, and moves forward, sword in hand, as the spiritual sword continues its attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: cast Ice Slick under the dinosaur for 7/7 rounds, it must Balance or fall
    Move: advance behind Tchinik and Lirith to have soft cover then move into melee (this should hopefully avoid reach AoO, but not sure)

Spiritual Weapon 6/7: (1d20+10)[11] for (1d8+2)[4]
    (1d20+5)[9] for (1d8+2)[5]

Protection Devotion 8/10: you gain a +3 sacred bonus to AC, as does every ally within 30 feet of you.

Recitation 5/7: The spell affects all allies and foes within the spell's area at the moment you cast it (range: 60 feet). Your allies gain a +2 luck bonus on attack rolls and saving throws, or a +3 luck bonus if they worship the same patron deity as you. Enemies suffer a -2 luck penalty on attack rolls and saving throws.

Iron Guard's Glare in effect. While you are in this stance, any opponent that you threaten takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls against your allies. This penalty does not apply to attacks made against you. Enemies you threaten become aware of the consequences of the stance.
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-01-07 at 10:16 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

Connaught curses under his breath as Lirith slips past him and towards the T-Rex, then pulls up on the reins the horse rearing dramitically before sending up clods of dirt and sand as it thunders down the beach, Connaught leans into the attack, lance couched in his arm and shield ready as he steams towards the T-rex ready to smite ot down. A great cry of "THOR..." as he stabs forward with the lance.

Show

atk +11 +2 courage, +2 charge, +1 knowledge +1 mounted -4 PA +1 vestige= (1d20+14)[34]
    damage +4 Str, +4 PA, +2 courage, +1 knowledge x 2 charge= (2d8+22)[27]

EDIT: From OOC thread - 27 to confirm and additional 37 damage

AC 22 (10 arm, 2 shield)
    Saves +8/3/5
    HPs 55/55

Vestige

+ Smite Evil/good

+ DR 3/ piercing
    + Move ally

Conditions
    Inspire courage +2
    Dark knowledge +1
    Last edited by DrK; 2019-01-07 at 05:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik almost chokes on his words as the huge beast turns towards him. Taking a hesitant step back, he then lunges forward, again looking for the underbelly as his spear darts and thrusts.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~19; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 62; Current ~62
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 7
    Bardic Music (7) ~ x

Full Attack
    1st attack with Spear
    (1d20+12)[20]

Damage
    (1d8+7)[11] + (1d6)[6]Punishing Stance

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+12)[19]
    (2d8+14)[20]

2nd attack with Spear
    (1d20+7)[21]

Damage
    (1d8+7)[9] + (1d6)[5]Punishing Stance

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+7)[12]
    (2d8+14)[23]

Effects~
    Dark Knowledge (Farid ) = +1 to hit
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: 0
    Mountain Hammer: X

22. - Top - End - #472

The scorpion was gone but it did its job better than expected. Her allies are charging in so Lora lets loose with another blast of fire on the already burning T-rex.

Show

4d8 fire, Reflex DC17 for half. (4d8)[11] Fire
    Entangling Fire: (1d8)[5] Fire Round 2 of 4

Maneuvers: granted last one (Shield Block)
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473

Chimera

"Yah!" Farid cheers reflexively as Connaught's strike hits the beast, even as he wonders who this 'Thor' is. Sure not Hathor; the warrior couldn't look less like a Turami or Mulan. Perhaps a northerner king, he thinks, even as his fingers reach again for his quiver.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

full attack

(1d20+14)[17] for (1d8+6)[9] (includes -2 penalty for rapid shot)
    (1d20+14)[16] for (1d8+6)[14] (includes -2 penalty for rapid shot)

crit checks (if needed)
    (1d20+14)[26] for (2d8+12)[26]
    (1d20+14)[19] for (2d8+12)[19]

STATUS
    AC: 19 (touch 13)
    HP: 47

Conditions
    Inspire courage +2
    Recitation +2
    Dark Knowledge (Tactics) +1
    Knowledge Devotion +2

— The Dragon, to Grendel

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Connaught thunders down the beach on horseback, strangely without his famous axe but no less effective as his lance spears the mighty lizard, a tremendous wound punching right through its thigh for 64 damage causing it to stumble unsteadily. Tchinik sees his chance and a couple of lethal blows with his spear for 17 & 14 damage see it falter and then finally as it roars the Chessentan is able to strike through its maw into its tiny brain.

With a heavy thump the mighty tyrannosaurus collapses to the sand a great mountain of muscle and terror now bested by the heroes!

Lirith shouts a cry of triumph, clapping Tchinik on the back and locking forearms in a warriors celebration with Connaught. She moves forward to inspect the trophy as Tavey the cabin boy skips forward helping to wrench free the weapons and clean them up. Urol comes to inspect the beast too, but is soon distracted by some nearby seaweed as his crow flaps about scavenging among the washed up flotsam. Very slowly Indo rides back to join the party, scowling and moody as usual.

25. - Top - End - #475

The tyrannosaurus crumbles to the ground and simmers for a few seconds more. "Yaah!!" screams the dragonborn from above. Once the flames die out she lands on it, looks to the rest of the group, and grins a with her dragon teeth. "World's largest spit roast?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476

Malmir

Still unseen, Malmir skulks a back-trail to see if more of these monsters are about. Or if their conflagration drew curious-or hostile-locals.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik, as the creature falls, takes an unsteady step back at the sheer magnitude of the creature that was about to trample him. "My thanks, friend Connaught, for the mighty blow that allowed me to finish the beast off, and everyone else. Truely a group effort that we could only accomplish through teamwork." he says as his voice rises high. With that, and a bit of a struggle, he removes his spear from the creatures head. "OI! Lora, I've had alligator before... I hope it's not too different though we may deforest this island building a fire big enough to cook it." he says with a laugh.

28. - Top - End - #478

Chimera

"It may be a feast, but it may not be our feast," Farid says. "A kill like this will attract scavengers — there may be whole packs of them that follow this creature, as the hyenas do the lion, for the meals it provides them."

He glances at the carcass, and at the bits of flotsam from the ship. "We should take what we can carry, but not linger to see how big this island's hyenas grow."
    Last edited by infomatic; 2019-01-14 at 05:11 PM.
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

29. - Top - End - #479

"Fine, we can't stay here nor near here for the night, but no need to run. There's fresh meat to be had and plenty of massive teeth for souvenirs for any who want to remember this victory. Give me a hand cutting this up and others make a fire. We can smoke the meat to travel with."

"Which way will we go? Follow the coast south? Quicker travel and no sudden ambushes."

Show
    Survival +8. Taking 20 and have others who can help. Should be plenty of food now and later.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-01-14 at 11:04 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught

Connaught wheels around, bloodied lance in hand and celebrates with the rest. Accepting Tchinik's words he grins. "Aye, a good trophy for us all. We work well as a team." Grasping Lirith's hand he embraces her, "Next time don't be running at giant things with teeth eh?"

he drops from the saddle and inspects the beast before using a dagger to work free one of the massive canines as a trophy. "Make a fine short blade eh" he offer to Loras, Tchinik and the rest. "Plenty of teeth for those who fight," then with a glare at Indo h he speaks up more loudly plainly addressing the noble, "None for the corward mind...".

Taking a massive cut of meat to smoke and helping gather driftwood he helps Loras begin a T-rex sized barbeque, thoughts happy at the prospect and stomach rumbling at the prospect of such a fine feast.