New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Savage Tide (IC) Pt 2

"Well, I don't suppose anyone brought a vial or three of acid, by any chance? Guess I'll have to add this to my list of things we need to buy next time we are in a town." With that, he gives a chuckle.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing the slowness at which the small elemental is struggling to undermine the iron wall, Connaught steps in and starts to help hacking away at crumbling stone surrounds. It's noisy work but before long the wall is loosening and you're able to pry back the metal. Thankfully it's still somewhat supported and doesn't fall back due to the wedge.

The darkened chamber beyond bears a strange resemblance to the previous one, in that the floor consists of a stone scale model of an ancient city. Yet where the previous model was terribly damaged, this chamber seems relatively well preserved. The layout and style of he city is quite different, with four wide canals converging upon a wide lake at the center, from which rises a great stone pyramid. Mighty temples rise from the low angular buildings while the stone wall display lifelike depictions of leering bats, lizards and snakes.

To the south there is a large alcove with a single passagway leading onward.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught peers through, a wide grin on his bearded face as he spies a small city of gold beyond. "Aye folks. This looks interesting. Its been a bit dangerous so far with that wall of fire and the like. DO you think there's any traps about here before I start tearing the things apart?" He paces into the room trailing the elemental as he peers around the strange room and the three dimensional pyramid. Axe in had he waves the others into the room.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let's find out. Lora, would you mind scanning for magic before I go check for traps?" Sure, Amiyah can cast detect magic, but why use up a spell when Lora can do it naturally?

Sometimes she really envies the dragonborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

As befitting someone who still exists, Surtros stays out of everyone's way, letting them accomplish their assigned tasks.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Gladly." Lora nods and calls upon her innate ability to sense magic and directs it around the room.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Also, Spot: (1d20+14)[28]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

As Connaught waves them into the room Lora barely has time to register the many deeply gouged claws marks on the other side of the now-sundered iron wall. A horrendous ear-splitting shriek resonates through the room as a fearsome demonic creature launches itself from the southern passageway. Looking like an emaciated human-sized bat it has a long barbed tail and wicked-looking claws. Black hairless skin is stretched over it's frame and it has the skull-like head of a demon with glowing red eyes!

It flaps into the air in the center of the room ready to swoop...

Spoiler: Actions & initiative
    Show
    Varrangoin has surprise.
    Surprise action: Move to H47. Height 10ft (ie out of normal melee reach)

Initiative
    Amiyah (1d20+3)[20]
    Tchinik (1d20+4)[13]
    Urol (1d20+1)[11]
    Lora (1d20)[8]
    Surtros (1d20)[7]
    Varrangoin (1d20+3)[6]
    Connaught (1d20)[6]

Knowledge Arcana checks
    Lora (1d20+1)[5]
    Tchinik (1d20+4)[10]
    Amiyah (1d20+13)[14]
    Connaught (1d20+5)[18]

Spoiler: Knowledge - Connaught only
    Show
    It's a lesser varrangoin, an intelligent & evil denizen (magical beast) of the Abyss. It has a poisonous barb on its tail, and you can tell by it's glowing red eyes that this one can breath fire (and is resistant to fire). They have spell resistance and are resistant to weapons not forged from cold iron. Oh and they explode when they die. Have fun!

Spoiler: Map
    Show

=> Party (except Connaught who is flat-footed)

8. - Top - End - #68

"The wall was to keep that thing in. Wonder if there are more coming."

Loradralsornux moves up next to the elemental up front. She bangs her morningstar against her shield, attracting the bat thing's attention. She calls out in draconic. "Come on! Come at me!" She follows the challenge with a cone of platinum mist surrounding the creature, slowing it down.

Show
    From OOC:
    Granted: (1d5)[3], (1d4)[3]
    1) Crusader’s Strike
    2) Foehammer
    3) Shield Block - Granted
    4) Tactical Strike - Granted
    5) Charging Minotaur

Those of us with Spellcraft 2+ are part of the teamwork trick "Spell Barrage" Since I've triggered a reflex save, it gets a -2 to its reflex save if anyone else causes it to have to make another reflex save this round. No idea if this bat thing is powerful or if we'll be meeting up with squads of them, so we may not want to waste spells here.

Specials
    Aura: Fire Resist 5 for allies within 30'
    Iron Guard’s Glare
    Will use Shield Block if the opportunity appears

Actions
    Move to G45 (Should be close enough for a 15' cone. If not, move to G46)
    Slow breath (15' cone). 2 rounds slowed. Reflex DC 16 save to reduce to 1 round.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I knew this excursion was going too well. Summoning a hippogriff now!" Celestial bison are tougher and stronger, but what if the fiend has a ranged attack? No, better to summon a flying creature. Khalil hunches down on the wizard's shoulder, not wanting to move and attract the flying fiend's attention, as Amiyah begins her spell.

Show
    Summon monster III for a celestial hippogriff, +4 to Str and Con from Augment Summoning.

Why is it that evil spellcasters get a wider variety of things to summon? So unfair. :(

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, that has got to be the biggest bat I've ever heard of!" Tchinik says with surprise as he spins his spear towards the creature and then mumbles "I really need to invest in a bow..."
    He then starts to bring his allies spirits up with words of encouragement.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~ 17 ; Current ~ 16
    HP ~ 52 ; Current ~ 52
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 6

Free Action
    Speak

Swift Action
    Cast Inspirational Boost

Standard Action
    Begin Inspire Courage

Effects ~

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, to have the luxury of wasting time with a perfect opportunity to deliver the classic 'oh, I didn't see this coming at all!' What comes out, however, is a sermon, in a language long forgotten or perhaps not a language at all, yet its words ring true in their hearts. Courage. Surety. Faith. Conviction. The blessing swirls to life around them to invite a sense of impertinent confidence in direct opposition to the horror before them, a gambler's smile looking down on them from the either. Telling the children to behave themselves. Mother knows best.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    5-foot step to H41 to give Tchinik some room and Amiyah some cover. Then casting mass conviction centered on Lora. It gives all of us except the bat +3 to all saving throws for the next hour.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

As the bat-creature swoops about the room Lora blasts it with her dragon's breath, slowing it to a more languid state as it now struggles to beat it's wings. As the spellcasting starts and Tchinik's words of inspiration ring out Urol grips his little staff with two hands like a club in case it comes near him.

The abyssal bat flaps its wings and hovers in place, a vile stream of words hissing from it's jaws, Connaught the only one that can understand "Sutolore is free again!". It's demonic head and eyes flare up momentarily, illuminating its skull from the inside as if it contains the fires of the Hells, and then a great blast of searing flame and heat bursts forth as it breathes fire about the room.

"Oooh, kill it kill it!" shrieks Urol, his beard singed and sparking.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    varrangoin Ref save vs DC 16 (1d20+9)[13] Fail slowed 2 rounds (-1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves)

Urol: Ready attack (quarterstaff)

Varrangoin
    Hover (10ft up - need a reach weapon to attack in melee)
    Standard: Breath (3d6)[6] fire damage, DC13 Ref for half damage. It affects everyone except Amiyah & Tchinik.

Urol ref (1d20+2)[10] + buffs (save)
    Miss Crazzle ref (1d20+4)[19] + buffs (save)

Show

=> Party
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2016-11-12 at 02:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught curses under his breath as he and the earth spirit he is bound to curse at the flying beast flapping out of reach. Yanking out a throwing ace he hurls it one handed as the flame recedes.

"Get down here you flying ugly beast

Spoiler: Connaught
    Show

Draw and throw throwing axe (1d20+8)[13] dam [roll[1d6+6[/roll]

Hps 44/44
    Saves 8/3/5
    AC 16 (6arm, FF16, Touch 10)
    Rage 1/1
    Pact: DR 1/-, +1 hit
    Vestige: Agares
    Earth master, earthquake step, element companion, immune fear, tongues

Spells
    Endure elements, conviction (+3 saves), inspire courage +2?

14. - Top - End - #74

"Get down here you flying ugly beast"
    "I think I can deal with that." The dragonborn opens her wings wide and high. She flaps them as she leaps into the air, straight up. With another flap of her wings she launches herself at the bat creature looking to tangle herself up with the creature and drag them both down.

Show
    Fly up 10' then forward 5' to G46.
    Grapple attack. If successful then stop flying and let it deal with my weight including armor and gear. To save time I'll do the rolls and GF can add the modifiers as needed.

S1) AoO: (1d20)[10] + mod vs AC20 (bat still slowed)

S2) If AoO does damage beyond DR2/Magic, grapple fails
    Melee touch attack: (1d20+6)[11] (with +2 for Inspirational Boost) (bat still slowed)

S3) If S2 is successful, opposed grapple roll
    Lora: (1d20+6)[9] (with +2 for Inspirational Boost) + AP (1d6)[2]
    Bat: (1d20)[5] + mod (bat still slowed)

Hehe- if Steely Resolve 5 handles the damage on the AoO, can grapple still continue?

EDIT: Argh, should have had AP on touch attack
    Last edited by Cavir; 2016-11-13 at 12:04 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik, continuing to bolster his allies, runs forward and moves to a more advantageous position.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~17; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 52; Current ~48
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 6
    Spells: 0[3]~ 1st[3]~x 2nd[1]~
    Bardic Music (7) ~ xx

Full round
    Move to J-48 without provoking

Effects~
    Punishing Stance: -2 to AC and +1d6 damage
    Steel Wind: O
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade: O
    Leading the Attack: O
    Mountain Hammer: O

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Bereft of many other options that wouldn't seem wasteful against one mere enemy, Surtros holds his shield firmly and puts away his mace.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    We don't know if it speaks common, so I'm not willing to blow my Command nuke.

Standard Action: Total defense to put my AC up to 24.
    Move Action: Sheathe heavy mace.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

A cloud of silver mist forms five feet away from the fiend's back. As Amiyah speaks her last word, the mist coalesces into a hippogriff with shining silver feathers, its claws and beak gleaming gold. The wizard points at her enemy. "Attack!" Her summoned ally screeches a battle cry and surges forward, claws and beak at the ready!

I hope this is the worst thing we have to face here, because I only have so many high-level spells. But whether it's a demon or a devil, it will have damage resistance of some kind, and none of them have cold iron or silver weapons. It's up to her to give her comrades the boost they'll need to power through. Amiyah chants another spell, hands flying in intricate gestures. The party and the hippogriff see the world slowing down around them...

Show
    Hippogriff will make a full attack with smite evil against the fiend. Do you want me to calculate and roll that?

Amiyah is casting haste on everyone.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Connaught hurls a weighted axe at the varrangoin. It flaps aside, narrowly dodging and lashing out at Lora with it's vicious tail as it evades her attempts to grab it. Tchinik moves in while Urol and Surtros stand their ground weapons at the ready. Amiyah completes her casting and a glorious fantastical creature forms, launching itself at the vile varrangoin its beak slashing for 2 damage even as Amiyah casts another spell and the party speeds up unnaturally.

Still hampered by the sluggish spell and assaulted by the conjured hippogriff the creature again breathes fire trying to drive it off. Even as it does a strange thing happens, a softly glowing orb materializes in the air flitting about next to Lora and the demon bat. An alien buzzing emanates from it, which only Connaught with his supernatural powers can understand as "Intruders. Tlanextli will exterminate." A jolt of electricity zaps from it shocking the varrangoin for 3 electricity damage.

Spoiler: info
    Show
    varrangoin tail vs Lora damage (1d4+1)[2] less DR = nil damage

hippogriff vs varrangoin
    claw (1d20+8)[12] Miss damage (1d4+9)[10] w/ smite
    claw (1d20+8)[9] Miss damage (1d4+6)[7]
    bite (1d20+3)[16] Hit damage (1d8+4)[12] less DR
    +2 extra for flank

Varrangoin
    Hover (10ft up - need a reach weapon to attack in melee)
    Standard: Breath (3d6)[13] fire damage, DC16 Ref for half damage. It affects hippogriff & Tchinik. Less resistance.

knowledge check to ID glowing orb (yes it speaks like a dalek!)
    tchinik (1d20+4)[10] Fail

wisp vs varrangoin
    Shock (1d20+16)[20] melee touch (2d8)[13] electricity (less resist)

Just a reminder to post stat blocks/ effects/ reactive items please. It saves me looking them up for each character & I'll miss something important (like that armband of elusive action, Cavir ).

Show

=> Party

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik continues to inspire his allies as he stabs upwards at the flying creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~17; Current ~ 15 and 17 vs ranged attacks (Crystal)
    HP ~ 52; Current ~48
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 5
    Bardic Music (7) ~ xx

Full round
    Not sure if Tchinik needs to move. If he does, he takes a 5 foot step before attacking with spear using Mountain Hammer

(1d20+11)[24] + (1d6)[5] AP

Damage
    (1d8+6)[12] + (2d6)[7] Mountain Hammer

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+11)[26] + (1d6)[4] AP (not sure if the AP carries over or not)
    (2d8+12)[19]

Effects~
    Inspire Courage w/ Inspirational Boost = +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage roll

Mountain Hammer: X

Least Armor Crystal of Arrow Deflection - +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks.
    Least Armor Crystal of Acid Protection - Resistance 5 against acid damage, up to 25 points per day.
    Safewing Emblem

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. Now that she's summoned help and hasted everyone else, just what can Amiyah do? Most fiends have elemental resistances, and her ice spells probably aren't powerful enough to get through. She can't think of an illusion that would be useful here, grease won't make a difference against a flying enemy, transposition would do more harm than good, she forgot to buy silver or cold iron crossbow bolts and doesn't know which one to use here anyway.

Wait. She has fey spells now! Fiends are smart enough to be affected by mind-affecting spells, right? And this one can't be too powerful by fiendish standards, otherwise they would all be dead by now. Encouraged, Amiyah reaches for the bond she shares with the Summer Court. I give them a spell I have prepared- minor image, it's not going to do much good here- and... there! The illusion spell vanishes from her mental spellbook, replaced by something utterly unfamiliar that she somehow knows how to cast. The wizard chants strange words, makes odd gestures, and waves a feather in the air. I hope this works, or I'm going to look so silly!

Show
    I really should have stocked up on cold iron and silver crossbow bolts in Tashluta...

Dropping minor image for Tasha's hideous laughter. Will save DC 16. Yay, I get to play with a new class ability!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Surtros watches the claws of the hippogriff essentially bounce off most of the creature's hide and lowers his crossbow. He didn't really want to break out the artillery so early, but this sort of situation is technically why he decided to double down on the Hammersphere's enchantment. Seconds later, a massive glowing battleaxe taps the fiend on the shoulder, then takes a swing at its head, whistling the opening notes to whatever the Faerunian equivalent of 'I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay' is.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    And this is more or less why I decided that I wanted to memorize an extra casting of Spiritual Weapon. This'll be a quick shot of DR-penetrating force damage, if you please.

(1d20+9)[28]
    (1d8+2)[6]

22. - Top - End - #82

The creature's tail makes contact but can not penetrate the tough draconic skin. Lora's attempt to grapple the thing also fails.

Lora is happy to see the hippogriff join in on the battle, in a perfect spot for flanking. The burst of speed from Amiyah brings out a toothy smile on the dragonborn. Lora flaps her wings to again move in to try dragging the enemy down to the ground.

Show
    Grapple attack. If successful stop flying and let it deal with my weight (including armor and gear) then use haste action to pin it. If the grapple fails, use haste to try grapple again.

Spoiler: Grapple 1
    Show
    S1) AoO: armband of elusive action to avoid AoO

S2) Melee touch attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    +2 for Inspirational Boost
    +1 for haste
    +2 for flanking
    +1 str
    +3 bab
    (bat still slowed)

Lora: (1d20+4)[21] + AP (1d6)[3] (see questions below on modifier)
    Bat: (1d20)[13] + mod (bat still slowed)
    Unarmed Strike: (1d3)[2] nonlethal

Spoiler: Pin Check if Grapple successful
    Show
    Lora: (1d20+4)[12] (see questions below on modifier)
    Bat: (1d20)[3] + mod (bat still slowed)

Spoiler: Grapple 2 if needed
    Show
    S1) AoO: (1d20)[19] + mod vs AC 20 (bat still slowed)

S2) Melee touch attack: (1d20+9)[18]
    +2 for Inspirational Boost
    +1 for haste
    +2 for flanking
    +1 str
    +3 bab
    (bat still slowed)

Lora: (1d20+4)[17] (see questions below on modifier)
    Bat: (1d20)[2] + mod (bat still slowed)
    Unarmed Strike: (1d3)[2] nonlethal

Spoiler: Effects
    Show
    - Inspire Courage w/ Inspirational Boost = +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage roll
    - Fire Resist 5 for party
    - Haste
    - Stance: Iron Guard’s Glare
    - Shield Block (DS2) Immediate to grant adjacent ally +7 AC
    - Steely Resolve
    - Least Crystal of Mind Cloaking (500gp) MiC p25 +1 saves vs mind spells/abils
    - Crystal of arrow deflection (500gp) +2 AC vs ranged attacks
    - AC 20, 49hp, saves 10/3/7

1) Crusader’s Strike - Granted
    2) Foehammer
    5) Charging Minotaur - Granted

Questions:
    - Does Haste and Courage affect grapple checks? If so add +3 to each of my grapple rolls.
    - If I pin it: "At your opponent’s option, you may also be unable to speak." Can I block its breath attack then?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught looks angrily at the beast flapping above out of his reach. With the lord of the earth bound to his soul he was angry with the creature! Hearing the strange other creature attaxking the flapping one he looked to the others - "Leave the glowing thing alone - it defends the city from the flapping demon!". Looking up at the demon he gestures - "Beast. Come down here and face me!"

Spoiler: Connaught
    Show

Ready to chop if it comes into reach PA 2 (1d20+11)[21] dam (1d8+11)[12] Bull rush if hit (1d20+12)[19] vs (1d20)[4] +??

Hps 44/44
    Saves 8/3/5
    Rage 1/1

Spells

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Tchinik stabs upward at the demonic creature with a savage mighty blow for 19 damage. Amiyah casts a spell to little effect. The magical hippogriff swoops past the varrangoin, lashing out at it. Its strikes do not connect, and the varrangoin also retaliates futilely. As the hippogriff flaps its wings and circles back a flash of energy passes from the nearby glowing wisp, shocking the poor creature for 10 electricity damage.

Surtros casts his spell and a sorcerous axe magically appears, swinging at the varrangoin for 6 damage. Lora flaps her wings and hurtles in toward the bat thing again this time grabbing it and sending them both plummeting in a tangled mess to fall upon the model city below. With a shout Connaught leaps forward, his mighty blow unnaturally resisted and only inflicting 1 damage.

The pinned varrangoin skull flares up again, giving a seconds warning as a gout of flame issues forth across Lora, Connaught and his bound companion.

The buzzing ball of light also drops down, although this time as everyone struggles on the ground it darts forward and zaps Lora for 5 electricity damage

Show
    @Razorback, no need to spend an AP. The attack hits without it.

hippogriff vs varrangoin
    claw (1d20+13)[18] Hit damage (1d4+8)[9]
    hippogriff circles the room as a move action to stay aloft. This draws AoO...

Varrangoin AoO vs hippogriff bite(1d20+5)[12] Miss damage (1d6+2)[5]
    Wisp AoO vs hippogriff touch (1d20+12)[15] Hit damage (2d6)[10] electricity

If I pin it: "At your opponent’s option, you may also be unable to speak." Can I block its breath attack then?
    I will say.....no. I wouldn't do that to you either .

Breath (3d6)[12] fire damage, DC16 Ref for half damage (minus any resistance). This affects Lora, Connaught & Muddy

Wisp vs Lora touch (1d20+16)[29] Hit damage (2d6)[5] electricity

Show

=> Party

25. - Top - End - #85

Lora successfully drags it down to the ground for all to pound on. ZAP is the thanks she gets in return. "Hey! Tell that glowing thing to leave us alone too or it won't be defending anything much longer!

Goal accomplished, the dragonborn releases the bat creature so that all can beat it into the ground. Opposite Connaught, she swings at the creature with Bahamut's might empowering the strike and follows it up with another strike.

Show

Free: release grapple, entering H48 (under the hippogriff, flanking with Connaught)
    Full attack: Foehammer + melee (from Haste). Yeah, finally using a maneuver for a strike.

Don't know if possible but if so, Iron Guard Stance/Shield Block only threatening the Wisp if it attacks the party. It is free to attack the bat. Otherwise try considering it a friendly for now.

to hit: +3 BAB, +1 STR, +2 Courage, +1 Haste, +2 flanking, +1 Counterstrike
    damage: +1 STR, +2 Courage, +1 Counterstrike

Foehammer (ignore DR): (1d20+10)[24] crit: (1d20+10)[14]
    damage: (1d8+4)[6] + (2d6)[7]
    crit: (1d8+4)[11] + (2d6)[3]

melee: (1d20+10)[11] crit: (1d20+10)[15]
    damage: (1d8+4)[12] crit: (1d8+4)[9]

End of my turn, damage pool moves to hp.
    Spoiler: Effects
    Show
    - Inspire Courage w/ Inspirational Boost = +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage roll
    - Fire Resist 5 for party
    - Haste
    - Stance: Iron Guard’s Glare
    - Shield Block (DS2) Immediate to grant adjacent ally +7 AC
    - Steely Resolve
    - Least Crystal of Mind Cloaking (500gp) MiC p25 +1 saves vs mind spells/abils
    - Crystal of arrow deflection (500gp) +2 AC vs ranged attacks
    - Armband of Elusive Action
    - AC 21 (haste), 37/52hp, saves 10/3/7

1) Crusader’s Strike - Granted
    2) Foehammer - Expended
    5) Charging Minotaur - Granted

Next round: maneuvers reset, granting: (2d5)[1][3](4)

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Tchinik has a hard time keeping up his battle hymn as he smiles broadly as he spear bites deep into the creature.
    Continuing, he lunges forward, using his moment to try and push his spear clean through the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Tchinik
    AC ~17; Current ~ 16 and 18 vs ranged attacks (Crystal)
    HP ~ 52; Current ~48
    AP ~ 7 ; Current ~ 6
    Bardic Music (7) ~ xx

Full round
    Full attack with haste
    1st attack
    (1d20+12)[24]

Damage
    (1d8+6)[9]

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+12)[25]
    (2d8+12)[21]

2nd attack
    (1d20+12)[30]

Damage
    (1d8+6)[14]

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+12)[19]
    (2d8+12)[19]

Effects~
    Inspire Courage w/ Inspirational Boost = +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage roll
    Haste = A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex save

Mountain Hammer: X

Least Armor Crystal of Arrow Deflection - +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks.
    Least Armor Crystal of Acid Protection - Resistance 5 against acid damage, up to 25 points per day.
    Safewing Emblem

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

The axe fakes another swing, then spins itself in a circle and hefts a while before unceremoniously dropping down blade-first with a dull brassy note.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    (1d20+9)[17]
    (1d8+2)[5]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Connaught laughs a hearty bellow as the demon plummets from the sky thudding into the ground. Ignoring the sheet of fire that washes over him, the warding of the dragonborn taking the worst of the damage he leaps in, axe swinging in brutal double handed arcs at the pinned beast wriggling on the floor. He wades in, "Come on you beast. Time to end your vile ways. Good catch there, hold it still while I hack its head off!"

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Ref save vs fire (1d20+6)[7] Vs DC16 for 7 or 1 damage

Atk (PA4): Attack (1d20+12)[24] Dam (1d8+15)[19]
    Atk (PA4 with AP) Attack (1d20+12)[17] Dam (1d8+15)[16]

Hps 44/44
    Saves 8/3/5
    Rage 1/1

AP: 5/6

Spells

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Amiyah can't think of anything else to do right now- she still has bands of steel but wants to save it for later- so she might as well try her fey magic again. Once more she chants, sacrificing an ice knife to the Summer Queen, and waves a feather to ensnare the fiend's mind.

Show
    Let's try Tasha's hideous laughter again!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Lora releases the struggling bat-demon, rolling back as she does and swinging with her morningstar smashing it for 13 damage. Tchinik stabs at it again, his first mighty hit somehow resisted by its impervious hide but the second striking true for 4 damage. Surtros' axe whirls and swings but the varrangoin hisses and manages to duck but not so Connaught's axe, which thunks home satisfyingly for 9 damage.

The hippogriff whirls about the room again, claws raking the varrangoin for 2 damage. However it's graceful flight again draws attacks, the glowing wisp again shocking it for 10 electricity damage even as Lora tries to protect it. Lora does draw its attention though, as she finds out as it zaps her too for 3 electricity damage!

The varrangoin, free from the hampering grapple and reeling from its wounds flaps once more into the air lashing out futilely at Lora as it does.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Amiyah vs spell resist DC? Amiyah (1d20+6)[13] PC win
    varrangoin vs laughter Will DC16 (1d20+2)[18] Save

don't forget your hippogriff actions!
    hippogriff vs varrangoin
    claw (1d20+12)[27] damage (1d4+8)[12] Hit
    claw (1d20+12)[30] damage (1d4+8)[9] Hit
    bite (1d20+7)[15] damage (1d4+6)[9] Miss

don't forget elemental companion actions
    rocky ft step then slam (1d20+5)[20] Hit damage (1d6+4)[8]

Varrangoin AoO vs hippogriff bite (1d20+4)[11] Miss damage (1d6+2)[4]
    Wisp AoO vs hippogriff touch (1d20+14)[26] Hit damage (2d6)[10] electricity

Wisp vs Lora touch (1d20+16)[20] Hit damage (2d6)[3] electricity

varrangoin vs Lora
    fly 5ft up (not even sure if this can be done as a 5ft step...still in melee range from ground though)
    bite (1d20+10)[17] Miss damage (1d6+2)[7]
    claw (1d20+8)[10] Miss damage (1d4+1)[2]
    claw (1d20+8)[20] Miss damage (1d4+1)[4]
    tail sting (1d8)[7] Miss damage (1d4+1)[5] + poison?

Show

=> Party
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2016-12-10 at 04:47 AM.