Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Vasian Raiders (IC)

Vasus, once a paradise world, it was destroyed, but not my outsiders, by the Vasians themselves, greed, the bane of the Vasian people, they mined, they forested, and they left no stone upturned. Soon there was nothing left, no Trees, no Ore, no Resources, no Air, no Food, no Water, their only option was expansion. They had three other planets in their system, those where also striped, they where lucky, one of their planets was an Ice planet, it was striped clear, they needed the Water, but that would run out eventually. They started a Navy, one that would reach out into the stars, there where many volenteers, although they knew Ship life would be hard, it might be better then living in a Dome, where they were packed into bunks in order to fit the entire population. When their one ship returned many years later, the Vasian population had halved, they simple could not grow enough food, and water was scarce, this lead to Riots, causing more deaths.

The ship that returned was lucky, they had run into an alien race called the Tau, they had agreed to be part of their empire in return for Food, Water and a Phased Warp-Drive, they had lied to the Tau, as they refused to be slaves. And so the Raiding began, it quickly became apparent to them that their one ship was a marvel of Technology, it was more powerful then any ship they came across, allowing them to stay in orbit as they raided settlements. On a lucky raid they found the one thing that would define the Black Guard for years to come, the Teleporter, something that the Vasians thought impossible until now, but just like the Phased Warp-Drive, they would fail to replicate it.

You where there that day, you had helped secure the Teleporter, you where Promoted to Black Guard there, and now you where coming home.

A loud siren rang throughout the Dome city and the 'Vasian Pride', you had become accustomed to it by now, it meant you where to arrive at 'Pride' within 12 hours, however the last raid had just finished a few hours ago, and you still stood in line waiting to get out of the Ship, you could see many faces frown, they would not see their family today. The small ships that where bring soldiers down started bring them back up, the ships would go down with supplies and returned with soldiers. Most of the Soldiers that failed to make it to the surface grumbled and returned to their Rooms, an officer, male with black hair and a pail face waded through the crowd he stopped as he came across your group, "There was supposed to be a ceremony" the man was clearly talking to your squad "But it'll have to wait, Requisition Officer Mentral van Heir will supply you with your badges and gear for your new Rank, you'll find his office near the Medbay on the fifth floor" he nods to you all and begins to wade back through the crowd

----------

OOC: Basically at this point, the main reason I stopped is because I'm getting a headache from staring a a white screen for so long, but feel free to do some fluff stuff here, introduce you character (To the players rather then the characters, at this point your characters have spent the voyage back in the same room, so they should know each other by now.) or call back the officer while you still can to get more information if you need it.
    I do GM, but I prefer to play as a player.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show

Spoiler: BAN LIST
    Show
    If you are on this list, don't bother applying to a game I'm GMing, you had your chance.

Simsimillia, GameOfChampions

Due to some personal issues I will be unable to start any campaigns at this time, please don't PM me, as I won't reply for a long time.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vasian Raiders (IC)

Cpl Nate "Hotstuff" Vargus

At the officer's words Nate paused and signed looking at the long queue that led to the now sealed air locks and the craft down to the dome beneath. Cursing he nodded to Stella with a frown, "Cone on, let's head up to med bay, you know I love the nurses." Stella rolled her blue eyes before nodding assent and the pair of them headed smartly upstairs, Nate stopping once to check his hair and tilt his uniform cap at a more jaunty angle and wipe down his marksmanship badge.

Reaching the med bay he looked around for a nurse to ask for directions to Van Heir's office...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everyone on the Medbay seems to be busy, they seem to be getting the wounded ready depart for Vasus. One man briefly looks your way "This Bay's full, 3rd floor still has room", he then proceeds with his work, disappearing behind a curtain. There seems to be a lot of soldiers coming and going, so you could press the doctor or just as one of them, or try to find it yourself.
    Show

Show
    If you are on this list, don't bother applying to a game I'm GMing, you had your chance.

Due to some personal issues I will be unable to start any campaigns at this time, please don't PM me, as I won't reply for a long time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Hey Hotstuff" Nate heard a deep voice saying, and it sounded like some grafted hiver was about to bully him saying his nickname in that tone

He was tapped on the shoulder and it was Slatan, the large lad with the bull neck and rope like hair that didn't belong on someone that youthful

despite such a primitive appearance he had childishly sad eyes "can you help me?" he said "I was ordered to go to med bay but I didn't catch why, I think I'm lost, can I follow you around?"

He was wearing full battle gear as he always did, making him seem even larger, only thing missing was ammo and his weapon. Holding his helmet with a painted white skull on it in his hands

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Nate and Stella both turn, a grin breaking out revealing perfect white teeth. Nate appreciated the fire support from the bug man and he'd saved their hides on several occasions.

"Hey Slatan. I was hunting nurses to cope with going back on a raid. We've been summoned to see Van Heir. He's just down the corridor. Let's move."

Making sure Slatan and Stella are following he heads down to the office they had been sent. Knocking politely he waits to be summoned inside.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Thressa will catch up to Nate and Slaten with a somewhat forced smile on her face, hoping to hide a bad mood from her squadmates, ignoring Corten and his complaints at the delay. "Maybe we should wait for the others. Does anyone have an idea what Van Heir wants with us?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Reid grumbles under his breath, but not loud enough to draw the ire of a superior officer... he wasn't upset enough to draw that kind of flak down on him. He nods to his friend Oskan and jerks his head in the direction of the med bay and starts wading through the crowds to the med area, he wasn't waiting for Oskan since he had been across the bay and it would take even longer to wait for him.

The jovial guardsman makes his way up to the bay and starts to look around, asking a few personal as he knocked on offices in his search for Mentral.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

You all manage to find the office, it's only a few meters down the hall from the Medbay and has a sign stating Requisition Office. Soldiers seem to be coming and going through what looks like an Automatic Door, as you approach the door opens you can see that the room is filled with separating beams, likely for busy days where they would help make a line. At the end of the room you can see five soldiers in line and a desk that spans the entire wall, the desk is protected by glass with a tray that can only be accessed by one side at a time. There seems to be room for four officers to stand behind, however only one man seems to be there at the moment. You can also see that there is a door on the other side of the glass, though it's unlabeled. The line move reasonable fast, some soldiers leaving with small items such as rations and clothing, others leaving with pieces of paper.
    ------
    OOC: Basically whoever posts first it first in the line, I was going to generate a line, but that would either take to long (as you'll have to work it out) or it'll be Random (which wouldn't make much sense) and it doesn't really mater who's first in line. For those of you who are confused as to why you are here please reread the first post.
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Nate "hotstuff" Vargus

Still in the lead Nate and Stella enter the long line shaking their heads that so much of their life is being disciplined to stand in line. Glancing back to the others he looks around "Anyone else got that sinking feeling that we are about to be deployed somewhere else?". He quietens as he approaches the head of the line, saluting the officer. Cpl's Vargus and Gibbs reporting as ordered sir...." before waiting to see what unpleasant fate was about to befall them.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man behind the desk looks up at you briefly, then begins typing on what seems to be an old computer "Yes, I see, you would be the newly promoted Black Guard squad" he makes a few more keystrokes, "Now, you are required to hand over your Flak gear and your rifles within the week or one hundred and sixty eight hours, as for your new armor and weaponry, they will be supplied to you when you hand over you other gear" he taps another key and something starts to print behind him, he snatches the paper and cut's it into ten smaller bits before putting it into the tray in front of him and shoving it forward "There are ten coupons here one for each of you, make sure you hand them in with your gear in order to get your new gear" He makes a few more keystrokes, "As for heavy weapons, well, you know the drill, they'll get handed out when you're deployed as usual" you see that a line is now forming behind you "Now, will there be any other requisitions today?"
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Slatan steps up with a frown and painful expression, nearly about to cup his hands forward.

"Slatan Mak'Muk'Mak'Mel reporting" he said rather unsure

"But I don't want to request anything, I'm here to do as I was told, you just need to tell me what to do. I can hand over my gear right here and now if you need me to" he spoke fast, as if concerned about taking too much of the clerks time.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Thressa goes to join the line, but before she can reach it a large pack of chattering techies blocks her way. By the time they've cleared out the entire squad is ahead of her.

She will sigh, and get in line, looking about for something interesting.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Reid finds the line shortly and joins it waving Oskan to join him when he makes his way up. After a few minutes he figures out the drill and starts to gather up all his gear to pass in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not really sure what to do here if we're just waiting in line.

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Nate "Hotstuff" Vargus

The Cpl looks about the officer before taking the coupons and saluting. "Sir, yes sir." Heading out he hands out the coupons to all the members of the squad that he can find before he reads the instructions and then heads towards the equipment depot to gear up for whatever new raid that he will take part in. Looking around he finds Slatan, the big gunner ever a comforting figure. "Looks like deployment again. You be watching my back again with that big beast are you? I'll cook 'em with plasma and you hose them down eh?" Looking at the coupons he nods towards the equipment dispensary. "Come on them, best be about it, at least be first in line to catch some shut eye before deployment."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sergeant Kaitlin Holt stood a bit apart from the rest of the squad, watching them move, make smalltalk, joke. Her squad now, she reminded herself. She knew some of them back from boot camp when they had been whipped into shape by Drill Sergeant Wiley. Others had joined later to fill familiar uniforms with fresh faces, regardless, they were all her responsibility now. She wondered how she had gotten here, from simple Raider, just another grunt amongst many, to her own small but prestigious command. The answer was simple, she had stepped up when noone else hadn't. Sergeant Lenk had taken a lasbolt to the head and Kaitlin had picked up the slack, took command because noone else seemed willing. She pushed them forward and they secured the device.

"Yo! You sleepin' or somethin' boss?", suddenly Bess sounded off at her, bringing her back into the here and now. For a moment she looked slightly confused at the very young private, just old enough to join the military, perhaps younger, before she noticed that she was next in line and people were waiting on her. She shook her head slightly, stepped forward and went through the same procedure as the others.

16. - Top - End - #16

Slatan's face lights up when shown such kindness

"Yes!" he yells with a big smile when Nate talks about shooting people, although the fact people had to die was unfortunate, if only we could shoot each other without killing he thought

"I'll surpress anyone who tries to take the cloths off your back, Nate. You'll be safe knowing tracers whip past your rear at all times" he'd start following him around clutching his requisition coupons looking happy

"Nate, how can they expect us to get shut eye right after they give us our weapons, It'll keep me up all night messing around with it" he said with sincerity.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Requisition Officer listens to each request, nodding and repeating "I'll see what I can do" to each requisition, as if he was ordered to say that to any requisition. After everyone had made there requisition re looked up from his computer and saying "Requisitions will be added to your kit when you turn in your gear, if they're approved that is."
    ------
    OOC: This doesn't stop any additional requisitions, but when I post tomorrow (in about 24 hours) there won't be any thereafter, and I will jump forward until something relevant happens (Unless someone makes a post that would require more time in the present).
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

After you went to the Requisitions Officer, you left for your bunks, many days past, in that time you all managed to turn in your gear to get your new gear. Thressa and Kaitlin both get there Autoguns however they aren't given Combat Shotguns, and Reid is given his Heavy Flamer and is assured he will get his ammunition before his mission but doesn't get a regular Flamer.

After a two months, a siren rings followed by an intercom calling the Black Guard for Briefing in the 3rd deck Armory, that was unusual, every briefing you had before you joined the Black Guard had been in one of the Docks.

---

OOC: I'm running out of time, but feel free to do some RP here before I continue.

Slatan (Checkmate-Pony) doesn't have his Heavy Stubber ammunition yet.

Nate Vargus (DrK) doesn't have his Plasma gun ammunition yet.

Thressa (Masterkerfuffle) and Kaitlin (Simsimillia) have 6 clips for there Autoguns, but don't have a Combat Shotgun (Autogun is replacing your Main Weapon for this mission)

Reid has a Heavy Flamer, but doesn't have his Heavy Stubber ammunition yet and doesn't have a Flamer.

No one has their lethal Grenades (Frag and Krak) nor do you have Locator Beacons yet (You don't know that this will be you form of transport yet.
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Reid had been passing time in the time honored tradition of soldiers the galaxy over... gambling over cards and that's exactly what he was doing when the call came. He grins at the other men in his game "Sorry Mates that's me, don't worry I'll be back taking all your money before you know it." He gives them a cheeky wave and a wink before throwing down his hand and making his way over to his bunk to grab his gear as quickly as he can before making his way down to the briefing room for his first mission.

He whistles as he enters the room "Daaaaaamn. This is a hell of a lot nicer then where we used to be briefed." He takes a seat then lights up a lho stick as he waits.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Nate Vargus

The two months has been successful. Nate having tumbled 2 of the female troopers from 3rd company in the discreet privacy of the various laundries and dark corners of the vessel. Aside from that the normal training regime of morning "fitness" where short moustached PT instructors screamed at him was followed by live fire at the rifle range and then cards, chow and more cards. Each day a mind numbing blur into the next. All the while the tension slowly cranked up like a pressure cooker in the large cavernous barracks.

The call to the armoury was a welcome relief as he and Stella trooped down pushing through a few folk to join Reid and Slatan. "Finally go time eh? Let's get this on." The bravado covering a quiver of fear.

21. - Top - End - #21

RedKnightGirl

The past two months Kaitlin had spend most of the time with additional training in regards to leadership aside of the usual drill. She still didn't feel quite ready for this. When they had been out in the field in all the Chaos it had been easy to step up and take charge. Now, not so much. Waiting was like a poison to a soldier and they had waited a long time when the alarm sounded and they were called to the briefing room. Grabbing her gear she headed towards there.

When she arrived, Private Reid Invansk and his glimming Lho-stick immediately stuck out to her.

"Private Invansk, put that thing out or I'll make you eat it!", Kaitlin barked at the soldier in a commanding voice. She allowed them a lot of slack when they were off duty, but there was no room for that now.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Thressa has spent the last two months of travel rereading her medical texts for the hundredth time, practicing with her new autogun, and sleeping far more than necessary. Which is exactly what she's doing when the call to action finally comes in. With a shout to rouse Corten, she hops out of bed and begins frantically packing her gear for the mission, all the while swearing virulently under her breath.

She arrives in the briefing room just in time and sheepishly takes her place among the others. "Sorry Sarge, I won't be late again."

23. - Top - End - #23

He nearly didn't make it, getting lost was shockingly common for him. He showed up for breifing on the 3rd armoury deck, less like a man, and more like an exhausted draft horse.

He came in logging his heavy stubber, without a shirt and covered in sweat and grease, he had been working hard on something alright (usually what he spent most him time doing: Working out and quietly obsess over war-gear). Even his hair was wet and hung long and dark, huffing like an ox, he had his shirt with him but had it around his neck instead, and looked like he had used it to clean his weapon instead.

He even brought a beer box to sit on, and a camping stool for Chani who would follow as quietly as her Demeanour.

Slatan would stand idle and ready with the same vacuous expression he usually had when attending these things. Chani standing in his damp shadow.
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2016-10-11 at 12:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

While you where all entering the Armour what looked to be nine other squads where doing the same, all forming there own groups of ten. When everyone was there it looked to be around a hundred armored men filling the large armory, you could see numbers one to nine on the other squads shoulders, while on your own was the number ten.

Five more men entered the room, they where far heavier armored and instead of a number, they had a gold star on their shoulder they shoved their way to the front where a small elevated platform was, they stood on the platform, the mans who stood in the center had gold trimmed armour, it was clear that he was your Commander, General Victus van Valvic. When he spoke, his helmet seemed to double as a microphone as the room was filled with his voice "As many of you know, during our last raid we recovered an Artifact capable of teleportation, in what little time they had, our scientists believe they have figured out how it works." He paused for some time as if contemplating something "I would send my own squad through, but command doesn't agree. We are going to need a squad to volunteer, this will be a field test, we will teleport you in, you will capture a key target, and we will teleport you out" it's at this point that you notice that the elevated platform they are standing on, is in fact the Teleporter pad. Chatter seems to pick up at this point, you here people wondering out loud what could happen, thing like being teleported into space, or even into a wall. One squad remains quite though, the squad with the number one on there shoulder, likely due to training or just respecting their Sergeant's decision.

---
    OOC: So basically, here is your chance to choose to ether go in by drop ship like the rest of the raid, or to try to prove yourselves by going with the Teleporter, you can discuss it in or out of character, but in the end it's Simsimillia's choice (because the Sergeant has the last say).
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25

with an optimistic smile he shoved his hand in the air

"I volunteer! And if my squad does not; I request transfer to a squad that does" he was suddenly very excited, no doubt brought on by the chance to see the magic from the dark age of technology first hand

"We will be unstoppable" he proclaimed with a grin and clenched his fists on either side, and his sweaty torso inflated slightly.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

The General looks in Slatan's direction and shakes his head "If that is how you treat your squad, then perhaps I will transfer you. Back to your old unit, because clearly you are not ready for the responsibility of the Black Guard" He then looks towards Kaitlin "Sergeant, since you are clearly unable to keep your men in check, your squad will not be suited for this mission" The second squad Sergeant steps forward "We'll do in sir". The general nods "Everyone else, dismissed. We make planet fall in seven hours, be ready".
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #27

RedKnightGirl

Kaitlin just glowered at Slatan. If look could kill the man would've dropped dead now. She wouldn't make a scene now, but it was clear that Slatan, and the rest of her squad would get something to hear from her later.

When she addressed the General, her voice was calm, betraying the clenched fists behind her back.

"Sir, I'm sorry, it won't happen again, Sir."

When they were dismissed she turned to her squad, her voice still calm but with a dangerous tone beneath. "Our quarters, now. Be there be in five or never again. Got me?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Nate Vargus

Watching Slatan get a dressing down from on high Nate shakes his sadly before leaning in close to Stella. "Can't say I'm sad to be avoiding some weird ye olde' magic device. Give me the damnned drop ship anyday.". Stella looks at him, her purple tinged eyes widening, "Are you frakking kidding me. Trapped in a steel tube with you lot throwing your guts up. I'll take dark age tech' anyday." Nate grins widely at her as she stalks off towards the Sgt's quarters for their dressing down.

Walking with the others he catches up with the big man. "No worries Slatan. Can't knock wanting to get to grips with the enemy. Now we'll only be cursing you if the drop explodes or drops us off in a sewage farm like it did last year..."

29. - Top - End - #29

Slatan was just scowling intensely, bitter and hateful look, but he with his forehead often looked like that

"Was a joke" he whispered slowly and grumpy not looking at Nate

"General is a jester: asks for volunteers, then strikes me down for volunteering"

"It's..." he was clearly thinking of much harsher words but avoided doing that so close to the mentioning of the general

"It's stupid" he growled "I'll find some vegetables to stick in my ears soon"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

At Slatan's outburst, Thressa stared in shock for several seconds. She's not exactly disappointed about not being chosen for the teleporter, but a lecture from Sargeant Holt is something to be dreaded.
    All the same she will try to comfort the big man with a smile. "Don't take it too hard, Slatan, I'll bet those smug bastards will be teleported right onto the frontlines. We'll be much safer this way."