A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Out of the Silence (OOC)

Stasis. A state or condition where nothing changes. No progress. And as apt a word as any, you think. There is no way to track the days here, not when the sun remains fixed in the sky. And a miserable sun at that, dull and red and sullen, too close, it is a pulsing constant desert heat upon the endless grey sands and jagged craggy stones. A hot wind churns the sands into a stinging wind, casting the grey misery into the ashen skies and revealing the serried ranks of the dead resting in state. Or trying to. Occasionally one will grumble and curse, unable to rest, aware only of the misery of ceaseless ages. It rises, only to forget why and lie down once again. From time to time, misshapen and monstrous nameless things can be seen to stalk the shadows hungrily.

Hell. Hell or close enough. And where Izanami makes her home. The true silent majority and the last repository for all their knowledge. And perhaps your last hope.

Welcome one and all, champions of your various worlds. Here put the final updates on your sheets, finish hammering out those last minute details and more importantly start going from characters to a party. How did you meet? How did your quest bring you here? And what happens next?

Discuss strategy, OOC feedback, general shenanigans and even just life updates. Because let's be honest, it beats the alternative.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Out of the Silence (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    [URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502307-Out-of-the-Silence-(OOC)&p=21260569#post21260569"]
    Snowbluff-- Ah, a famous face! No need for gold, all expenses paid. Please don't kill the conductor and break the train...
    I actually really like trains. There is a train museum nearby that my dad would take me to all of the time. It's a cool place. They run a bunch of old trains and trolleys. I think they even have some old steam ones working.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello everyone! Glad to be included! Macsen will speak in Regal Blue.

Macsen got here trying to find the souls of his world's dead.

As for strategy: he's an okay lock-down AoO build, though not as good as some probably are. He's really much better as an uber charger, and he can use his many methods of generating AoO's to beef up his attack and damage with Stormguard Warrior.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hello, so glad to be a part of all of this!

For the TL:DR version of my background: I came to this physically, via travel through the Astral Sea. I am looking for answers, both about my unknowable relationship with the Illithid God, and about why the barriers between worlds are acting so strangely. I suspect, for no good reason, the two are connected and bode the conclusion of the prophesy/histories of Sargonne.

I am requesting Teal for my text speech. It seems fitting.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Woot, I got selected!

Damascus will speak in dark red
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

“Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I've got to text some colors

storm
    tempest
    nature
    disaster
    green
    snake
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Woohoo! I'm am officially on the hype train! I'm on my way to dinner right now, but expect more hype when I get home!

Edit:
    Back from dinner and time to hype! Alrighty. So Tenzan will have been on Izanami's plane for a long time now. Whether that's a long time on his "Prime" plane (a feudal Japan inspired land with a tendency to be invaded by demon armies from the abyss) is up to the GM.

He is fairly "old school" in terms of tradition and technique, but he is forgiving and adventurous. Nothing matters more than his clan's traditions and honor to him, except his sister Miyako. I'm going to read through everybody's backstory tonight and then I'll post how he would probably function with him. I'm excited for our pseudo illithid in particular. Do you have any idea what she looks like? A mind flayer? A purple human? I'm curious.

I'll probably claim dark gray.

I'm taking purple. It'll stand out.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-10-01 at 10:02 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I'm interested in Mari as well. Looks like you're not actually an Illithid, it you used to the Illithid feats to emulate one. Neat.

Tempest dislikes mindflayers on the basis that they are evil, an abomination, and have no real place in nature. However, he's quite wise and a good judge of character.

Testing tornado
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-10-01 at 09:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

I updated this! As is typical for games with Snowbluff and I in them, you must select a theme song for your character!

Table of Players
    Username Character Race Sheet Theme Song
    BelGareth Damascus Unseelie Human [Sheet] Heathens
    Breitheamh "Macsen" Breinas "Wledig" Half-Elf [Sheet] I Will Find You
    Feathersnow Mari/Ulpshuonoomn Human (w/Illithid feats) [Sheet] Runaway Trains
    LoyalPaladin Tenzan Ametsuchi Human [Sheet] Hail to the King
    Snowbluff Tempest Human [Sheet] <Insert Theme Song>

Testing tornado
    That's a winner.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-10-03 at 10:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Theme song

Heathens
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Theme song

Heathens
    Added to the table!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm interested in Mari as well. Looks like you're not actually an Illithid, it you used to the Illithid feats to emulate one. Neat.

Tempest dislikes mindflayers on the basis that they are evil, an abomination, and have no real place in nature. However, he's quite wise and a good judge of character.

Testing tornado

Mari is, technically, not evil. She is a LN divine servant of the LE genderless deity of curiousity, however. As for her appearance, she wears a cowl and face scarf, both black. And, if you were to try to see her otherwise, she would use Metamorphosis to look like a bog-standard, middle aged female Aasimar. That said, her hand and what you can see of her face look very ill. She seems to have huge cataracts in her eyes and her skin looks bluish, clammy, and wrinkled.

As for your assessment of Mind-Flayers, she would generally agree, with the caveat that could be/have been otherwise. Illithids seems so horrible because they are traumatized and displaced from their proper environment. (This is niave nonsense, probably, but Mari believes it, and her Divine Patron encourages her to continue down this doomed road.)

As for Abominations, Mari is technically an abomination among Mindflayers for retaining sovery much of her host body's memories and personality. Such beings figure in their prophecies as omen of apocalypse.

Theme song: Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
    GNU Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post

That's a winner.
    I concur. Tempest will speak in mother ****ing tornadoes, and Lamia Lamina will speak in snek

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Mari is, technically, not evil. She is a LN divine servant of the LE genderless deity of curiousity, however. As for her appearance, she wears a cowl and face scarf, both black. And, if you were to try to see her otherwise, she would use Metamorphosis to look like a bog-standard, middle aged female Aasimar. That said, her hand and what you can see of her face look very ill. She seems to have huge cataracts in her eyes and her skin looks bluish, clammy, and wrinkled.
    A LE deity that isn't Wee Jas? Blasphemy.
    As for your assessment of Mind-Flayers, she would generally agree, with the caveat that could be/have been otherwise. Illithids seems so horrible because they are traumatized and displaced from their proper environment. (This is niave nonsense, probably, but Mari believes it, and her Divine Patron encourages her to continue down this doomed road.)

As for Abominations, Mari is technically an abomination among Mindflayers for retaining sovery much of her host body's memories and personality. Such beings figure in their prophecies as omen of apocalypse.
    So you are like a double abomination that works with the host? Are you Tok'ra?

I've been thinking about a theme song. Since people have been using modern stuff, I thought about using a piece from the Revengeance OST. Not sure about A Stranger I Remain, It has to be this way, but probably definitely not Rules of Nature.

14. - Top - End - #14

Tenzan has no vendetta against Mindflayers, but that's probably because he has little experience with them. He wouldn't like what they do.

Added!

I've been thinking about a theme song. Since people have been using modern stuff, I thought about using a piece from the Revengeance OST. Not sure about A Stranger I Remain, It has to be this way, but probably definitely not Rules of Nature.
    Pick one!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

As a note to all, I probably won't be able to post anything until Wednesday at earliest. Keep working on your interpersonal stuff and all until then
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    As a note to all, I probably won't be able to post anything until Wednesday at earliest. Keep working on your interpersonal stuff and all until then
    Sounds like a plan!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

So for theme songs, the first thing that popped into my head was Follow Me by Muse, but then I thought about how great the Braveheart, Gladiator, and Last of the Mohicans soundtracks are.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Ooooh, last of the mohicans!
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

As for Snowbluff's question- definitely not Tok'ra. The personalities are integrated, with the host personality having existed for decades while the Illithid personality has existed for months. Also, I have no real animosity towards my more predatory kindred, and I while I am deeply heterodox, being Theist rather than Deist in my veneration of Ilesensine, I am in no way part of an organized movement.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Macsen's theme song is I Will Find You from Last of the Mohicans. It best encapsulates his character at this moment. The Braveheart one would have been best during his younger days as the commander of the armies of Therunael, but he is not that man anymore.
    Show

Town Square execution.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    Macsen's theme song is I Will Find You from Last of the Mohicans. It best encapsulates his character at this moment. The Braveheart one would have been best during his younger days as the commander of the armies of Therunael, but he is not that man anymore.
    I updated the table. I just need Snow's final pick!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I may or may not have singing dancing animated coins following me about.

Would it be too much to force one of my summons to permancy my animated objects...oh damnit, his cl is too low...If only there was a staff or something that had permancy on it!
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, I'm working it it, LP.

We need to work on more character stuff, and I need to prepare my gajillion druid spells. Anyone want to notice that we're all humans of some sort?

24. - Top - End - #24

I'm not.

We need to work on more character stuff, and I need to prepare my gajillion druid spells. Anyone want to notice that we're all humans of some sort?
    That's the truth. We seem like a fairly compatible party, though. So I'm not entirely sure what needs to be worked out. Maybe some healing spells from you would be nice?

This is how I see Tenzan interacting with everyone.
    Damascus: Probably the strangest of all for Tenzan. Depending on his personality IC, it could go either way. But Tenzan is friendly and competent. So I think Damascus' interaction with Tenzan will shape how Tenzan interacts with Damascus.

Macsen: Probably the most compatible member of the party with Tenzan. They have a lot in common, including family they'd love to come back into contact with. I could see them becoming "brothers in battle".

Mari / Ulpshuonoomn: Since he probably has little to no interaction with illithids and isn't really unnerved by strange appearances, I'm sure Tenzan will have no problem with this duo. Unless she begins eating brains of non-evil people. Tenzan isn't a paladin, but he has a lot in common with them. He'd like to see people being honorable and trending towards [Good]. If she is "well behaved", I could even see Tenzan attempting to befriend or mentor this duo if they'd have it.

Tempest: Another compatible member for Tenzan. They're both old souls who can cast powerful spells. They might not be the most social with each other, but left to their own devices they could probably do some serious work together.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I thought that was interesting. Humans, in the end, are too juicy to pass up!
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

26. - Top - End - #26

Not being able to buyoff LA made it not worth it to be anything else haha. Otherwise I shun humans like the plague.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

That's the truth. We seem like a fairly compatible party, though. So I'm not entirely sure what needs to be worked out. Maybe some healing spells from you would be nice?
    I'll look into it.
    No other race really grabbed me for this build.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

I'll look into it.

No other race really grabbed me for this build.
    Me either, and sometimes, its just easier to relate and create a character, when they are human (like yourself)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

its just easier to relate and create a character, when they are human (like yourself)
    I can't relate.

Druid spells are prepared. Working on preparing my wizard spells (which is waaaaay less work).

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Not being able to buyoff LA made it not worth it to be anything else haha. Otherwise I shun humans like the plague.
    That is the truth. The fact I was starved for feats even with VoP made it easier, too.
    GNU Terry Pratchett