New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Age of Worms (IC) Pt 2

Kuln sheathes his swords then moves forward and draws his crossbow, taking a bead on one of the lizardmen.

Spoiler
    Show

If he can't sheath two swords as a move action, he drops the one with the cold crystal.

As moving to J-29, take out crossbow.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Jhann

"Double damn!" Jhann shouts as his sword hits shield. Again. "You burn well enough though!" He says and flames once again race the length of his greatsword as his swings it wildly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Burning Blade Boost.
    Full Attack: Attack twice, taking a 5ft step to close in after the 1st attack if it drops the lizardman.

Attack 1 (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage (2d6+4)[9] and (1d6+6)[10] fire damage.

Attack 2 (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage (2d6+4)[11] and (1d6+6)[10] fire damage.

Stance Active: Bolstering Voice
    Readied Maneuvers: Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike (1), Fire Riposte, White Raven Tactics (2), Death Mark (3)
    Granted Maneuvers: Fire Riposte
    Expended Maneuvers: Burning Blade.
    Newly Granted Maneuver: (1d3)[3]

Party Buffs: Endure Exposure, Energy Shield (2 fire damage)
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos curses before whistling the dogs. "If they are infested with these then they may be too far gone go help. We may have to kill them all". He sounds sad as he says it but is clearly disturbed by the vile worm ridden corpse.

Kurnos steps up behind Jhann, clawing at the only one he can reach.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam (1d4+7)[10]
    Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam (1d4+7)[10]
    Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam (1d4+7)[9]
    Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam (1d4+7)[11]
    Dragon tail Claw [roll]1d20+5[/roll dam (1d8+5)[8]

Incarnum:
    1E Wormtail belt (+2NA, +1/Essentia, +1DC/essentia, Sting 1d6, DC 12+CON+Ess 1d4/1d4 Str)
    1E Dread carapce (PA, -1/+1, bites -1+2, +1/Ess)
    0E Dragon Tail: (1d8 tail, +1 enh/essentia)
    0E Dissolving Spittle (1d6 acid+1/Ess, 30ft touch)
    2E Astral Vamrbace (DR 2/magic +2/Ess)

Kurnos:
    AC 23 FF21 Touch 12 +3 NA (belt) = 26
    Saves +8/8/8
    HPs 46/46
    Effect: energy shield aur, Bulls strength (5 mins), Girallion blessing 50 mins

Primus:
    AC 20 FF 18, Touch 11 +3 NA (belt) = 23
    Saves +10/7/6
    HPs 64/66
    Effect: energy shield aura, Bulls Strength (5 mins), Girallion blessing 50 mins

Secundus
    AC 23 FF 20, Touch 13, +3 NA (belt) = 26
    Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
    HPs 49/49
    Effect: energy shield aura

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Susebron was getting confused, they were dropping the lizardmen with ease, but then one just exploded into green worms!

He shook himself and tried his best to orient himself so he could help his new companions, but the damn tunnel was hampering his movement.

Spoiler
    Show

not sure where the bad guys are on the map tbh.

He'll ready an action to attack any lizardman that gets near
    and manuever his Dark companion to help anyone out.

Attack - (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage - (1d10+3)[12] + -1 to armor or natural armor

Effects: Destruction devotion 6/10

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Keston bashes the warrior that has just erupted in worms, but it is quite dead. Kurnos pushes in next to Jhann, a razor sharp claw flicking out for 10 damage and tearing the throat from one of the few remaining warriors. It's all too much for the last of them. Seeing the carnage, the eruption of vile worms and the many unfazed opponents still bearing down on them the final four lizardfolk warriors turn and flee down the passage after their companions.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Lizardfolk have all fled down the tunnel to the west.

=> Party

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Keston turns to the soldier. "Quick, grab some armor and a weapon, there's more to rescue. What can you tell us about the area and what we're up against?" While listening to the answers Keston searches Kotabas's body. To the rest of the group: "Anyone injured? Better to be healed now with more fights to come. Kurnos, if you still have that vigor wand I could use a charge now to save my magic for later. Time is of the essence but we don't want to run blindly into a trap."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Kuln, scanning around and seeing all of the troops fleeing, says "I'm good. We need to keep the pressure on them before they can regroup and mount a resistance." as he moves to pick up his dropped sword, sheathing it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spending another round meditating to get his maneuver back.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"Unnh" the soldier croaks out his words as the healing helps with the worst of his injuries "they took us deeper in, a few chambers beyond. Redeye is....mad. There's no mercy in that fiend. Marzena and the others are with the shaman Hishka and it's serpent servant. They're being prepared for a feast. We must rescue them! They're kept separate from Redeye - I don't think he trusts the shaman."

He describes the way forward, through a couple of sleeping chambers to the tunnel branch that leads to either Redeye or Hishka.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos listens looking unhappily at the pile of green worms. "Those creatures are not natural and there is an evil blight in these caverns. It seems like this Red-Eye is the greater threat if he is mad. Shall we seek this Red-Eye and strike him down, then once he is dealt with we can seek to negotiate with the shaman. With our current magic's in place I doubt that they could stand for long against us." Hw wiggles his 4 long clawed arms as an example.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"I wonder if these worms got into his brain... making him crazy???" Kuln says quietly , mostly to himself, with a shudder.
    Shaking his head, he nods to Kurnos, then looks to the solder. "What's your name? Can you lead us down the correct tunnel to Red-Eye? Yes? Good. I think we need to get moving before they can muster." he says eagerly, waiting on the others.

11. - Top - End - #101

As the soldier describes what he knows, Keston checks the area, particularly the fallen, for any magic. "If the prisoners are being prepared to be the main course getting to them first sounds prudent. Thoughts?" He turns back to the soldier. Have you seen Redeye? We heard he died long ago but has returned. Is he undead? Would either of them have many others with them?"

Show
    Cast detect magic (from cleric side of gestalt).
    Hoping to get the soldier's name too.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

12. - Top - End - #102

Jhann

"There's no use in hiding now." Jhann says to Kuln. "Let me and Kurnos take the front with his pack. We'll trap the lizards between a hard place and our blades." He says.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"Lead on, then, man, lead on." Kuln says with a dark grin as he readies to follow the others.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

As the party speaks with the rescued soldier Keston checks the fallen form of Kotabas. His cantrip detects the aura of magic about the body and he quickly searches.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Spider carapace armour (magic hide armour)
    Magic amulet
    Magic potion x2
    pouch of 320cp, 75sp, 81gp

Mindful of the need for haste you urge the man to lead you onward after the fleeing lizardfolk. Travelling through dank tunnels and several communal living areas you come to a junction where he halts. "That way is where they held us" he gestures down a short passageway to a chamber where you can see several lizardfolk moving carefully backward, wary of you and evidently not hostile right now. "And through there, that's where the leader Redeye is" he indicates another tunnel, the chamber beyond obscured with roots and trunks but torchlight flickering from within.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos looks to Jhaan, a hand resting on Secundus's blood splattered back and atvthe retreating lizards. "Hmm, these ones aren't attacking us. That bodes well. I think Keston may be right, if we can speak with the shaman and save the prisoners then crush red-eye. We'll have to just be fast!

With all 4 arms waving and two tails raised in dangerous "strike" positions he advances a loud - "take us to shaman. We will speak not kill" in an attempt to convince them to not start a fight and get themselves killed.

16. - Top - End - #106

Keston uses the last charge of a wand to heal himself. Searching the dead, he grabs the amulet, 2 potions, and hefty pouch of almost 10 pounds in coins. Fortunately his magic backpack hides the weight of the coins. Knowing time is key but that knowledge could also help the fight, he pulls out a scroll and uses it to identify the amulet. "Kotobas has magical armor on if anyone wants to grab it."

With the rest of the party already moving down the tunnel, Keston quicksteps to catch up. He smiles with Kurnos' being on the same page and awaits their answer.

Show
    Last charge of Lesser Vigor wand to heal myself fully.
    Identify scroll (have 3) to ID the amulet. Potions will have to wait.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Susebron, silent up until now nods at Kurnos' words.

He had been untouched in the previous battle, but he felt the adrenaline pumping through him, words and whispers in his head spoke of caution. Charging into this lair might not have been the best option, but they were there.

"I agree, let us free those prisoners first, gods know what they might do them if we are caught in a battle with RedEye himself."

His companion, the shadow cat, pads silently along, staying next to Kurnos, ready for any attack.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-02-16 at 02:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Kuln nods at the others. "We can pick up weapons as we go, to arm them, so they can help and defend themselves. Let's do this." Once the front line starts moving, the nimble gnome quickly follows, darting to and fro as he goes.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Keston inspects the crude amulet as he hurries to keep up with the others.

Spoiler: Amulet
    Show

Catching up, he finds the fearsome Kurnos wildly gesturing at a room full of lizardfolk in an attempt to communicate, hounds and companions bristling with weaponry flanking him. As Keston hurriedly speaks words of reassurance in their draconic tongue to calm the agitated lizard tribe a stooped figure shuffles forward. The ungainly lizardman is bedecked in necklaces and bracelets of animal teeth and has many trinkets and baubles hanging from it's harness. A large serpent, as big as a man, slithers through the roots next to it and rises up under it's caressing talons. It holds out a hand to calm its fellows before speaking in halting Common trade tongue.

"I am Hishka, shaman of the Redeye tribe. You are here for your kin, for revenge, and perhaps for Redeye himself. Redeye has overreached himself and brought ruin upon the tribe. He must be killed. Only then is there any chance of peace between softskins and scaled ones. You have killed Kotabas, that is good. Kill Redeye and return our brood eggs that he and his dragon protect, then we will free your people. Fear not, the dragon is not here, it has been gone for months. Here - a gesture of goodwill..." It waves it's hands and the crowd of lizard warriors parts revealing three battered and bloodied humans - two soldiers and a slim robed woman, presumably the missing battlemage Marzena. "...I release the fighters to you now. The female, after."

The two soldiers are pushed across the room to your care, eyes wide with hope.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"Come on, boys, don't stand there looking like this is your first fight, peein' your pants. We still have work to do." he says as he waves the two soldiers over, keeping a wary eye on the lizardmen.

21. - Top - End - #111

"Greetings Hishka. Yes, peace between softskins and scaled ones is good." As the two soldiers approach Keston nods at them, touches both on the shoulders, and their worst wounds heal. "We're not here to slaughter all. We are here for our kin, Redeye, and one issue to discuss when we come back. You will control the tribe if Redeye is no more?"

Keston looks at the woman. "Marzena? Delfen sent us. We'll be back soon. Mystra watch over you." He gestures to her with an open hand, the same hand he healed the soldiers with, while looking at Hishka with a questioning look.

Show
    Touch of Healing on the soldiers and Marzena if allowed, putting each up to 1/2 hp, at 9hp per touch.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Jhann

"I figured if we kept killing ya we'd find someone eventually that wanted to talk sense." He said to the snake-man while he welcomed the two soldiers. He digs into his pack and takes out two sunrods and hands them to the men. "Only strike them on if you need to, but they can be used in a pinch as a stout club. Sorry I don't have any more serviceable weapons to give you at the moment."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos looks at the shaman, before nodding to himself judging the lizard to be likley somewhat trustworthy. He offers up his shortspear to one of the now healed guards. "YOu three stay back here. Keep an eye on Marzena, we are here for her as well as the three off of you." Glancing around at the rest of the party he grins and nods towards where this "mad lizard king". "Best be quick before our enchantments wear off. Lets see if we can bring about a change here. Peace between them the lizards and us would be the best thing here. And I don't fancy hanging around if a dragon be coming back here!"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

"With Redeye and Kotabas slain there will be none but me to guide the tribe. Then you can take a message of peace to your kings and queens" hisses Hishka.

Marzena nods in gratitude, broken bones in her jaw knitting together and grazes healing at the touch of Keston. The soldiers look nervously as Jhann offers them sunrods and the gnome beckons them to join the fight, but when Kurnos offers a less suicidal option to simply guard Marzena they sigh, visibly relieved.

Anxious to end the confrontation with Redeye before the rest of the tribe you hasten to his nearby lair. As you approach the entrance a harsh voice hisses loudly from within "Come softskins, you would challenge me in my own lair?! I will rend you limb from limb and feast on you even as you draw your last breath! Come! Face me now weaklings!"

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Redeye is in the room NW from you, ie around Y15
    Please remember to post any effects etc as you go, it's been a while and helps me to track things.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

At Redeyes challenge, Susebron narrows his eyes and swings his sword in a readying flourish like move, he looks to Jhann and nods, indicating he is ready for action, and he would follow, or cover him as needed.

The shadowy panther that followed him raised its hackles, you could almost hear a low growl, but you are unsure if that is a trick of your mind, or merely another noise within the dank lair of the lizardfolk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #116

Jhann

"For Tyr!" Jhann shouts as he clangs his bracers together. "For honor!" He shouts as he advances, greatsword held at length towards the small horde of lizardfolk. He slashes down at the ground, scorching a burning red line into the earth. "No lizardman passes this line alive." He says and sets his guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to AF20. Total Defense as a standard action (AC is 25 for the round).

Maneuvers Readied: Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Death Mark, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade.
    Maneuvers Granted: (1d5)[1] (Revitalizing Strike), (1d4)[3] (Fire Riposte)
    Maneuvers Expended: None
    Newly Granted Maneuver (end of turn): (1d3)[1] (White Raven Tactics)

Immediate Action: If Jhann is hit in melee, he will use Fire Riposte to attack back. Melee touch attack (+9), deals 4d6 fire damage.

Stance Active: Bolstering Voice (+2 Will Saves, +4 vs Fear)
    Aura Active: Resistance (Allies have Resist Fire 5)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2017-02-27 at 09:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Keston calls out. "It is merely the room where you end, here and now!"

He turns to the party. "Mystra guide your strikes true."

Show
    Cast Bless (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls)
    If there's time I'd do things like cast Divine Protection, Shield on whoever could use it, activate Zosiel's Diadem, and use the Pearl of Power to regain Command.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

With massive long claws and tails glowing with incarnum Kurnos vaults atop the massive Primus and grins at the others nodding to the lower of the two entryways into the room. "I go low and you go high eh?". Spurring the dog forward he pushes forward, masked face staring at the dimness as he grins behind the mask. "Scaled one, you shall be rent limb from limb and my dogs shall feast on your bones and your scales shall give me an armoured vest!"

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Kurnos:
    Mount upon on Primus
    Move to AB15 with secundus in tow

Incarnum:
    1E Wormtail belt (+2NA, +1/Essentia, +1DC/essentia, Sting 1d6, DC 12+CON+Ess 1d4/1d4 Str)
    1E Dread carapce (PA, -1/+1, bites -1+2, +1/Ess)
    0E Dragon Tail: (1d8 tail, +1 enh/essentia)
    0E Dissolving Spittle (1d6 acid+1/Ess, 30ft touch)
    2E Astral Vamrbace (DR 2/magic +2/Ess)

Kurnos:
    AC 23 FF21 Touch 12 +3 NA (belt) = 26
    Saves +8/8/8
    HPs 46/46
    Effect: energy shield aur, Bulls strength (5 mins), Girallion blessing 50 mins

Primus:
    AC 20 FF 18, Touch 11 +3 NA (belt) = 23
    Saves +10/7/6
    HPs 64/66
    Effect: energy shield aura, Bulls Strength (5 mins), Girallion blessing 50 mins

Secundus
    AC 23 FF 20, Touch 13, +3 NA (belt) = 26
    Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
    HPs 49/49
    Effect: energy shield aura

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

With a crooked grin on his face and a disapproving nod of his head, Kuln comes rushing forward, nearly getting trampled by the towering Jhann.
    "You snakemen talk to much. Would have been better if you had given up rather than end up dead." he says as he disappears.

Spoiler
    Show

Kuln
    AC ~20; Current ~ 20/24 if they are giants
    HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
    AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

I'm still using the last Knowledge Devotion check, which was +1.
    If not
    Spoiler: Devotion Check
    Show

Knowledge devotion
    (1d20)[20]+5 Arcana, +6 Dungeoneering, +4 Nature and most of the rest.
    You then receive an insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls against that creature type for the remainder of the combat.

Check Result Bonus Granted
    15 or below +1
    16—25 +2
    26—30 +3
    31—35 +4
    36 or higher +5

Move Action
    Move to AF-21

Standard Action
    Shadow Jaunt to AG-31

Effects ~
    Child of Shadows Stance = If you move at least 10 feet during your turn, you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn.
    +4 dodge vs giants
    Knowledge Devotion check = +1 insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade 0
    Cloak of Deception 0
    Shadow Jaunt X
    Wolf Fang Strike 0

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Susebron shakes his head, but moves forward, blade ready in his hand. His shadow panther matches his pace, ready to move and distract what foes lay beyond. He moved past and then next to Jhann, he intones a word and his eyes come alive with ethereal blue energy.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to AA18
    DC will move to Z18
    Casts Deathwatch

Nothing else special :(

AC: 20
    HP's:37/37
    Effects: Deathwatch
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A