A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Out of the Silence: Fading Stars

Stasis. A state or condition where nothing changes. No progress. And as apt a word as any, you think. There is no way to track the days here, not when the sun remains fixed in the sky. And a miserable sun at that, dull and red and sullen, too close, it is a pulsing constant desert heat upon the endless grey sands and jagged craggy stones. A hot wind churns the sands into a stinging wind, casting the grey misery into the ashen skies and revealing the serried ranks of the dead resting in state. Or trying to. Occasionally one will grumble and curse, unable to rest, aware only of the misery of ceaseless ages. It rises, only to forget why and lie down once again. From time to time, misshapen and monstrous nameless things can be seen to stalk the shadows hungrily.

Hell. Hell or close enough. And where Izanami makes her home. The true silent majority and the last repository for all their knowledge. And perhaps your last hope.

But how to find a goddess in a land with no maps, and no geography to speak of? The ever shifting sands cover any landmark worth mentioning, the twisted jagged stones vanishing under their grainy shrouds to strike at unsuspecting feet. Divinations crumble with a cold finality here, and clockwork timepieces ceased to function in juddering stops long ago. If time had any meaning.

A searing buffet picks up from... somewhere. There is no east or west. Your compass' needle hangs limply beneath its glass. The wind bears stinging sands and fragments of what you long ago realised is bone, worn to shards and dust by the constant choking winds.

'Don't really see the point,' a voice from behind, and somewhat below croaks in a parched and broken rattle. The sands have receded down the dune, revealing the long rotted and petrified hulk of some ancient ship, a tangle of shattered wooden ribs jutting like teeth from it's cracked spine-like keel. Leaning against one of the ribs is another desiccated corpse, limbs creaking and cracking as it heaves itself to a seated position, ash grey sands cascading off of grey flesh. Dried eyes rattle in their sockets as they seem to focus on you. 'You can patter about. Nothing changes, you give up eventually. Might as well have a bit of a rest. Got plenty of prime boat to choose from. Might even have a good memory of a grog or two. You look fresh. Any news worth hearing? Good war? Maybe one of those star crossed doomed lovers tales? It's been a long while since I heard one.' it rasped. 'But there's a whole big bunch of you, all kitted up for war. That what killed you? What are you in for?'
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2016-10-04 at 01:14 PM.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Out of the Silence: Fading Stars

Damascus had just arrived, randomly he might add. He would need to get some scrolls for Mr. Fire if he was going to keep using him as he had done. But nonetheless, he was here, and Mr. Fire had gone back home, to be called again when needed.

Damascus smiled slightly, the name was juvenile at best, but mocking a Firre eladrin, and having them suffer it, was one of his few enjoyments.

Pushing the thought aside, he sensed the undead being behind him the moment he had arrived, though, to be fair, he was ready for undead in this place, one would be crazy not to.

<Doesn't stop you, things get a little lopsided with you around, and you don't focus much>

He ignored him, Karsus could be cold, and belligerent sometimes, but he was important. And much like Mr. Fire, ignoring him, only fueled his fire.

<Kill it> Vanus piped in.

<Kill it? it's already dead, how do you propose to kill it?> Gaea chimed in, before Zuriel would. They always teamed up against Vanus, taking the 'higher' road when possible. Damascus usually found it annoying, but on occasion, he enjoyed the banter against the other 'morally greyer vestiges'.

Damascus squeezed his hand, the one with the bow hidden inside his glove. He wanted to use it, but no, this undead being was exactly that, destroying him meant nothing. Besides, he might be able to barter with the thing.

Turning, he sought to see the creature with his eyes, having already sensed the thing a dozen other ways. He regarded the pitiful sun, and the wind as he did so. This was truly an awful place, and the dust was getting in his clothes.

slowly, he regarded the man, or whatever, and frowned.

"Not at all." he said, slowly "I came here by request." he tilted his head to the side, as if he was sizing up his new conversational partner "I would ask what bought you here, but I think that is obvious. You say you have't heard a good tale in a time? Well, perhaps I can offer one up to you, I have a great story about a recent war on a prime world, but I need something in return." he finishes with a raised eyebrow.

<kill him> Vanus says again.

<Oh for cryin out loud!> Zuriel exclaims
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2016-10-04 at 01:35 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

“Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The corpse shrugs, the gesture shucking more sand off of it, cascading between dry exposed ribs. 'What are you looking for? Comfortable place to rot? Know a couple. A good memory? Not many left.'
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

He narrows his eyes.

"Im looking for Izanami." he simply says.

<Ooh, way to go, he's going to be in stitches, and your sweet talking is going to unlock the floodgates of this poor souls mouth.> Desharis says
    <Nah, I think he's going to get this one> Karsus pipes in <look at it, this thing has nothing to do, this is the most action it's seen in ages>
    <Do you really think it can remember though?> Gaea asks.
    <I'll bet it can> Karsus replies
    <with what exactly?> Zuriel says in return.

Spoiler
    Show

For what its worth

Diplomacy - (1d20+44)[53]
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2016-10-04 at 01:56 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tenzan

Wastes. Gray wastes in every direction. How long had he been here? Years? Centuries? A millennia? Tenzan had no idea. He saw a minor disturbance in the waste and without anything else to do he followed its source to a now uncovered vessel. He arrived just in time to hear a newcomer inquire about Izanami.

"That information wont do you any good, I'm afraid." He carelessly pipes up from behind. "Take a look above you, she's locked up there." He shrugs.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

The corpse raises it's eyebrows enough for dust to pour from the sockets and one dried eye to fall with it. One hand casually takes it from the dust to replace it again. 'To Diyu with the dusty old bitch,' it says ruefully. 'Good thing you got time then, if you're here.' As it speaks a flask of some sort, translucent and insubstantial appears in one hand and it takes a drink. It seems to focus a bit more and some substance flushes its face. 'Look for a big old flying fortress that travels from horizon to horizon. Can't miss it,' it spits with a baleful dry cackle. 'Of course, the place is on the large size, and,' he adds narrowing his remaining eye, now a shade of brilliant blue, 'judging by the fact that you draw breath, you might not have so much time as that.'

'Best bet would be to get her attention then,' he says with a resigned shrug, holding out the flask. 'Top me off if you'd be so kind.'

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Tempest and Lamia Lamina

A pale man with windswept blonde hair and grey eyes stands idly by, a winged serpent draped around his shoulders. He's not kitted for war but wears a simple pair of trousers and a traveler's cloak.

"Some would say that there is no such thing as a good war..."
    Tempest mutters.

"Oh buck up," his snake, Lamia, say, using her telepathy.

"Now if we start breaking things, I could get her attention."

"The body just said that, weren't you paying attention?"

"No, of course not. Now when you could tell me every little thing that is said."

"Uh, really?"

"I did not hear a word. I always had planned to make a mess in the first place, despite there not being much in the first place. Of course, some people wanted information first,"
    Tempest grumbles.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Damascus turns from the undead man asking for a refill.

<A refill of what?> asks Gaea, she was always curious, seemingly naive most of the time.

Again, he could sense the newcomers before they even spoke.

<Oh goody, more people.> chimed Karsus <Perhaps they'll make a big deal for us, and we can meet this Izanami woman.>

Smiling, he nods to the people speaking all of a sudden. Here he was, in the land of the dead, and he thought he would be alone. Go figure. Fate, again, has a way of taking his plans and defecating all over them.

"And you two would be?" he asks.

Spoiler
    Show

If you are a living being, upon hearing me, make a Will save DC 34, or treat me as friendly.

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"Our names are not important," Tempest says.

"Were spooooooky because we're ghosts!" Says the snake.

"Oh quiet. That joke has not been funny in a 150 years."

"You've been dead 180."

"Who's counting?"

"You are. Now are we going to do the mysterious or actually introduce ourselves."

"Fine. It matters little. I am simply known as Tempest, and this is my companion, Lamia Lamina," Tempest says. The snake lifts her black and white tail off of Taric's arm and extends it towards the binder.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-10-04 at 03:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Tenzan

Crossing his arms guardedly, he replies. "What sort of man asks for another's name before introducing himself?" His eyebrows are knitted together out of concern for where tradition has gone. "I am Tenzan Ametsuchi, martyred heir to the Ametsuchi clan." His eyes, deep red and penetrating fix on Damascus. "And who are you?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    If you are a living being, upon hearing me, make a Will save DC 34, or treat me as friendly.
    Mind Blank?

Will Save (Just in case it doesn't apply.)
    (1d20+26)[40]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Macsen closed his eyes and took a cleansing breath, trying to calm his anxious mind. It didn't help. The Realm of the Dead just seemed so........dead. It was depressing. He wasn't sure how long he would have to find the souls of Therunael, nor did he have any idea how many other planes he would have to search.

He wasn't quite sure what he'd been expecting, but this just seemed hopeless.

Take stock of what you know, he thinks, opening his eyes. The sovereign here is Izanami, and.....

Was that it? Was that all he knew?

He rubs his eyes and scratches his chin, smiling wryly. No idea where I am and no clue what to do? Just the way I like it.

He raises himself several inches off the ground and hangs there for a moment, letting the weightlessness wash over him, then gently touches down and keeps walking.

When he sees the small gathering at the dune, he heads toward them, just in time to hear someone ask for introductions.

"My name is Macsen," he says, caring not if the question was not actually directed at him. "And who might you be?"
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2016-10-04 at 03:51 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

<Oh dear, you hurt his feelings. You should apologize, hurt feelings can fester like wounds> Gaea speaks up, she was being chatty today.
    <No, let him sit and spin, he was rude, but then calls you out, who does he think he is?> Karsus intones his old wisdom.
    <Kill them> Vanus says, again.

Damascus listens and smiles, bobbing his head at the introductions. "Oh but of course, I am known as Damascus. I would say I am sorry about the break of etiquette, but I was not aware of one."

<and we don't care> Desharis spoke up

"But as you spoke up first..."

<careful honey, you don't want to annoy this one too> He stopped, mouth open, then closed it "nevermind." he stops to regard yet another newcomer, had fate colluded with destiny to bring all them together, it was overwhelmingly obvious something was happening.

He nodded to the newest member of their intrepid band, and slowly rose from the depressing ashes, looking into the horizon for any 'castles'.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The corpse glances at the group with his one eye before gently popping the other back in with a rattle. 'Sorry 'gov, told you the place was big,' he said, gesturing towards the empty ashen sky. 'No proper horizons, no real distance. Just misery. Infinite, really.' the man begins to sweep the flask over the wooden ribs of the ship, like a prisoner across bars, a distracting rattle as he expectantly shakes the ephemeral thing.

14. - Top - End - #14

Tenzan

Tenzan bows respectfully to the newcomers, as would be tradition for his realm. He turns his gaze on the undead. "I am sorry, fellow. I do not have any sustenance to offer you." He peers into the sky, his eyes showing him the world's true form. "This realm is quite expansive. But you'll see her fortress every now and again." He'll of course introduce himself to Tempest and awkwardly shake Lamina's tail.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ulpshuonoomn/Mari

This place. The sands, like an endless hourglass. It should be dry, but it is too worn, too fine. Like an eternal rash. The empty, eternal Day. Grating, meaningless. This is the Hell that Ilesensine shields us from.

This place. The sky, like a leering corpse. It should be full of stars or clouds, but it is blank, featureless. Like an eternal headache. The empty, eternal Twilight. Maddening, pointless. This is the Hell that Kord should have saved me from.

A hooded figure shuffles to meet the others. She, It, felt them with no sense that has a proper name in any spoken language. The part that was a woman fears the isolation. The part that is not human fears it far more. Neither want to face themself or their fear. They see that at least one of them are friends. Perhaps they,too, are servants of Knowledge. Knowledge will be needed. Grelv said that, and, even were he not a great orator, she would believe him after what she had seen back in the Astral Sea.

Hello, strangers. They call me Mari. I am a traveler from a distant land, come to seek answers about the cracks in the Great Wheel. The Warden of this realm is one of the few that may know of what is to come. My Provider is neither friend nor foe of Inazami, and I would hear her speak, if she would deign it.

What to say, too much, too little? Her Emissary title was as much burden as boon, for she could not hide the patronage of the Great Mind from anyone native to this world, and few from outside it who were not its foes. And few who knew the nature of The Great Mind would be kind. She had not lied, barely obfuscated.

This people seemed nice. After her return to Sigil, she had come to accept low standards indeed.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Tempest and Lamia Lamina

Lamia seemed shocked that Tenzan accepted her gesture. "Wow! I thought you guys weren't understanding. Well, I guess that some people still have some manners then." She slithers off of Tempest and onto Tenzan, getting cozy. She weighs a good 100 pounds, so the relief prompts Tempest to stretch his shoulders.

Tempest glances at Mari. "I am seeking her as well. Give me a moment, I am working on drawing her attention." he begins to cast a spell of Contro-

"YOU SHOULD MAKE A BLIZZARD!"
    interrupts Lamia.

"Excuse me?" Tempest asks.

"It's super boring here, right? The snow would give them something to do. They could make snow angels, snow forts, and snow me, and have snowball fights."

"Lamia, you're cold blooded. You hate the cold."

Lamia subconsciously tightens herself around Tenzan. "D-don't be ridiculous," she stammers.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-10-04 at 10:50 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

17. - Top - End - #17

Tenzan

Listening to Mari's remarks carefully, Tenzan replies. "Provider? This sounds like a business agreement." His expression is relatively unchanging and he always appears to be taking in new information. "This is quite the ensemble of beings, I have trouble believing it is merely happenstance that has us together."

When Lamia transfers from Tempest to himself, he is unphased as well. Snakes have never really bothered him and this one was fairly small. Lung dragons were practically snakes and he'd ridden one of those. Or at least tried.

As an attempt to be helpful, Tenzan offers one of his many memories of drinking foreign ale, which he was only moderately fond of to begin with, to the boatman. "Let us attend to the important discussion at hand. You seek Izanami's flying fortress? It travels the sky in regular intervals." He reaches one hand up to stroke the snake along her scales, impressed by her scales' sheen. She must be in the top 1% of snakes. "Unfortunately for all here, time is convoluted in this realm and it is impossible to tell you what those regular intervals are."
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-10-05 at 09:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The faithful call the Deity "Provider" for it is their providence that will remember us and see our memories through the cycles of eternity. To describe the deity as having gender, or even as performing an action, would be blasphemy. That they exist is enough.

Mari says this earnestly, and without any hostility. She is glad that the Cult of Ilesensine is Deist. It allows her to skirt any details about who or what her deity is with ignorant (or worse, not ignorant) unbelievers.

But, in any event, you are not wrong to think I am here intentionally. A great bard and sage sent me to this world from the Astral Sea, and he suspected this area would be propitious. As for waiting, time is of especial interest to my Deity and people. Waiting is a sacrament. Unless, of course, it can be avoided.
    she says this last with a chuckle. If her face were not obscured, you would think she cracked a smile.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Tempest and Lamia Lamina

Lamina hisses at Mari.

"I concur,"
    Tempest says, as if he understood what she meant. "Tell everything or tell us nothing. I've no time for vague and half truths." Tempest says this, even though he now probably, or perhaps because he truly, knows enough to glean of which Deity Mari speaks.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The figure seems confused, even looks around, as though there were some mistake.

I am being honest. I am an emissary and faithful follower of the greater god Ilesensine, called the Great Mind. Who possesses neither gender, nor who is seen to perform any action. But, independent of that, the great Elder Wyrm Kobold sage Grelv-Ytyakl asked me to come here to learn what I could of the great disaster that has befallen the Cosmos. Barriers between worlds have become weak, while gateways have become unreliable. An elder Devil like She who rules this place is likely to know much.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Macsen listens, barely following the conversation. Whatever about strange gods and flying fortresses was well above his understanding of the universe. The fact that two of these strangers seemed to be suddenly at odds, while a talking snake was waxed poetic about the virtues of snowfall was just a little outside his idea of normalcy.

But, something this newcomer, Mari, had said, peaked his interest.

"What did you say about disaster befalling the cosmos and barriers breaking?" he asks the hooded figure.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

22. - Top - End - #22

Tezan

"Elder... wyrm... kobold?" Tenzan questions quietly to himself. He felt as though those words did not belong together, but that was unimportant.

Watching the newcomers question each other with scrutiny, Tenzan chimes in. "Please, be silent for a moment and listen." He'll wait for silence to fall and then continue. "I have been here for a long time. I have seen a great many things. Izanami, who I would prefer to be spoken of with respect and reverence, has only only left her place of solitude and rest once." His eyes scan over these newcomers, taking in all of their details and sizing them all up. "When a mortal was bold enough to attempt to steal souls from her domain."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Damascus had already grown tired of the boring prattle of the others. this is why he chose not to join any groups, they did this.

<oh dear, but you are lonely maybe...>
    <Leave the boy alone Gaea, he can handle it, he has done for years now>
    retorted Karsus.

Shaking his head, he thought of the best way to get attention...and it came to him.

<Call a genie and have him light up the sky> Zceryl answered in kind.

And so, while floating in the dreary sky, illuminescent golden wings beating slowly, keeping him held aloft. He summoned a Genie. As the being appeared before him, he turned to regard Damascus and smiled.

"Ah yes, I'm glad it was you who answered the call, please light up the sky with a sign, I want to grab someones attention."

The genie nodded, and began casting a spell, suddenly a glowing 'Hello?' appeared in common above his head, flashing in neon green.

Nodding in satisfaction, he dismissed Lord Wishy.

Spoiler
    Show

Summon alien to summon Genie, have him cast Permanent Image. Max size is 24 10ft cubes.

So it will be 30ft tall x 80 ft long x 10 ft wide.

Flashing green Neon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Mari/Ulpshuonoomn
    Well, sort of stealing souls, that is as much as we can do to get the Lady's attention. Thank you, friend.
    I would try to go to her directly, if I know the way. But, obviously, I do not, nor, I suppose, do any of you.

Whew, that went better than attempting to introduce herself normally did. At least without polymorph powers...

Right they are to fear, even if we mean them no specific harm today.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2016-10-06 at 04:55 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

'A light show. Those are the best ways to attract the bitch-queen. I'm not complaining,' the corpse gripes. 'It's the most action I've seen in... well, Diyu if I know. I have an idea, let's go with the souls plan. I found a volunteer,' he adds, waving his arm forlornly.

You get the feeling he is giving you very leading advice.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Tempest and Lamia Lamina

Tempest looks at Tanzin. "Would be so glad as to ascribe a mechanism to that method?"

"Weren't you listening? This guy says we should jack him,"
    Lamia says.

"What, should we try planeshifting him? I'm concerned something horrible might happen, considering the state of the planes."

"If you don't do, I'll find another way to steal him. I'll jump on him and say 'hey I'm taking this guy, he is mine.'"

"Fine."
    Tempest walks up to the soul. "You. I choose you. Your soul is now forfeit unto me," he says halfheartedly, poking the soul with a Greater Planeshift, in an attempt to sending him to the previous afterlife Tempest occupied.

27. - Top - End - #27

Tenzan

Eyes still watching this group carefully, Tezan sighs and looks at the undead. "Why do I feel like this is going to bite me?" He'll then board the Undead's vessel. "Does this move?"

Tenzan's eyes widen, taking in the spell that was just cast by Tempest. "Hundreds... maybe thousands of years worshiping Izanami and now I'm going to ruffle her feathers. Please forgive me, mistress."
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-10-07 at 10:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Macsen

Macsen gives a look of confusion to each member of the little gathering in turn. Two of them had just performed immensely powerful feats of magic without so much as blinking, the hooded one who spoke in cryptic riddles just seemed to be ignoring him.

He turns last to Tenzan, who, despite the red eyes, seems the most normal of any of them, and grabs his shoulder to get his attention.

"You seem less weird than them and less ignorant than me, so can you please explain to me what is going on? I came here looking for the souls of my world's dead, but the hood just said something about disaster in the cosmos, and no one else seems to be concerned about it."
    Show

Town Square execution.

29. - Top - End - #29

Tenzan

Being nearly impossible to catch off-guard, Tenzan is unsurprised by Macsen grabbing hold of his shoulder, but does not think he is a threat to his safety... yet. He focuses his attention directly on Macsen and his gaze is incredibly intense. "There are many after-lives, spanning a variety of planescapes. Are you sure your world's dead come here?" He raises an eyebrow. "As to a cataclysmic event of degradation of the cosmos, I do not have much insight. I've been here for a long time, as I stated earlier." He crosses his arms. Macsen, was it? Tenzan pushes through to Macsen's mind telepathically. If your cause is noble, perhaps 'saving the cosmos' and finding your dead are meant to align.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Macsen

The warrior frowns at the voice in his head, his hand instinctively reaching for the chain at his belt.

Yes, Macsen is my name, and Tenzan is yours, if I heard correctly. You should know that I do not generally appreciate other people in my mind; there are too many dark memories that I would rather not relive---a quick flash of memory bursts through Macsen's mind into Tenzan's, an image of Macsen with tears in his eyes putting a sword through a young man in armor---my cause is not 'noble,' but it is mine, he continues. 'Saving the cosmos,' however, is a just cause that I would aid in if I can. My loved ones can wait.
    Show

Town Square execution.