Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 67
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)





















































































































































































































    Thought and consciousness came crashing back into the flesh. Muscles twitched, unused to the need to strain and flex. Bloodied coughing and choking strangled and choked as air begun to fill mended lungs. Searing pain swelled into crippling agony, as nerves stuttered to life to hammer the mind with a hundred signals of once-lethal wounds. Confusion became fear. They were without sight. A chilling prickle begun to creep up the spike. The body wouldn't move - they couldn't move. An unsettling dampness permeated everything and the mouldering smell of rich dirt was accompanied by the CLANG of a fallen shovel.

    They were being buried alive?

    The mind begun to race with suddenly restored cognitive functions. Think. They could think. Move. They could move. Hear. They could hear. Something was restraining their hands and feet. The stench of mildew and sour flaxseed stung the eyes and nose. The thick burlap canvas covering the face blocked out all vision leaving them blind. A loud bang of something slamming into a wall echoed out, accompanied by a vicious growl. A muffled cry sounded from nearby, a rustling. Was there other people? A louder bang. Closer. Dust fell from above and covered the sack. Something was going on.

    A muffled cry was accompanied by a woman's voice. "...Dear child, this is your last chance. Do not squander this remarkable opportunity." A very young girl's voice spoke out on the verge of tears. "Sister, I give up! Please, PLEASE! Make them stop!" - "I'm afraid, I cannot. This is not a Burden, it is a Trail issued by Our Fair Lady. You must succeed, or you must-" The girl had begun screaming her lungs out, shouting with all her might, suddenly interrupting her mysterious counter-part. "HELP ME! HELP ME, SOMEONE- UGH!" A violent hammer and sharp crack sounded out from somewhere nearby. The floor slightly shook beneath the impact. "SMITH, BRAVE, DAWN! SOMEONE, ANYONE! HELP ME, HELP ME! OH GO-" A second sharp snapping sounded out, it was the sound of thick wood beginning to give way - the sound of siege. A foul smell had started to fill the air, overcoming the mouldering flax and soil. Something decaying, something dead and rotting. The girl was screaming something unintelligible now but the hammering sounds pounded forth with a rising tempo and the splintering wood creeked and snapped. Popped and splintered. It was all dangerously close. Something was coming. Something very bad.



    [Roll Initiative]


    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.







    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-07-08 at 01:33 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Hido Asmodel


    Hido's eyes shot open as he fought against his restraints, struggling to free himself before he took a few deep breaths to calm himself. The bindings restricting him, slowly loosened as he pulled himself free. He looked around as he gained his bearings, noticing the shapes moving more frequently now as the splintering of wood grew louder. He rolled off of his bed and rolled back in the other direction, hiding under the bed before whatever was coming, found it's way into this room. He looked around the room from his position to try to get a better grasp of the situation. What the hell is going on here...how the hell am I going to get out is the better question. He narrowed his dull gray eyes, surveying the room trying to determine who was the biggest threat first as he quickly made a few intricate hand seals, materializing a kunai into his hands. He bit back a gasp as he noticed the numerous stitches adorning his body from the tears in his clothes.


    Spoiler: Prone
    Show

    The character is lying on the ground. A prone attacker has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A prone defender gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.

    Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move Action: Stealth
    (1d20+16)[26]

    Perception vs. Room
    (1d20+8)[19]
    Last edited by Almighty Eevee; 2016-10-08 at 02:06 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Asaelgash's eyes snapped open, but the darkness still stifled his senses. His thoughts raced as he tried to place where he was and what had happened to him. Bursts of red assaulted his mind as the truth came to him in the image of silver blades rising and falling in concert. He tried to shift his body, but the bindings denied all movement. With a loud snarl, Asaelgash viciously contorted his body, allowing his hardened scales to slice through the fabric in dozens of small tears. Claws ripped, muscles flexed and fangs tore through the rest of the restraints.

    Rising quickly from the ruined body bag, Asaelgash notes the frenzied movements from bags similar to his. Ignoring the motions of weaker creatures, he scans the area for anything he can use as a weapon.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Looking for anything the could be an improvised weapon. If nothing is apparent, his next action would be to break something to make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

    Extended Signature

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    The struggle to breath was the first think that brought him back to his senses. The air filling his mended lungs was not as sweet as it should be, the mold and mildew tainting that which should be pleasant. Opening his eyes and seeing a darkness that was not completely unknown to him. Catching his breath and trying to calm himself, he hears the voices of two women talking one sounds older and the other young. Having heard their quick conversation and the ever closer banging and crunching or metal on wood he begins to struggle against his bonds. Knowing that whatever was coming wasn't good, you could smell it on the air and taste the foulness of it in your mouth. Whatever was heading his way was not something that he wanted to deal with right now, not while he was still trying to get all his senses back in order.

    Working his way out of this bag was not easy, especially while having all this noise to distract you. Twisting and turning to try and get his arms free resulted in more pain than he wanted as it seemed he was strapped in pretty tight and with no regard for his wings. The pain subsiding as he stops his struggle to regain his composure it dawns on him that if he just pulled his wings in closer he could probably give himself enough room to escape the straps, and then he would only have to work on getting out of the bag. Doing exactly that worked for the most part, he was able to get one of his hands free from the straps. With one hand free he quickly finds the buckle for the straps that covered his torso, once those were freed he began work on the ones on his legs. Having fully released himself from the straps he finds it quite easy to then get out of the bag as it didn't seem built to contain a "Living" body and wasn't completely closed shut on him.

    Finally free from the bag he begins to take in his surroundings as quick as he can. Its dark in this room but that's fine he prefers it that way, makes it harder for whatever was causing that girl to scream and that banging that kept getting closer to find you. From what he can tell though the room he was in looked worse than any of the tunnels he had been through while working for the Bellflower network. Quickly checking over his person to see if he had any weapons to use he is surprised to find a lone pellet grenade still in his pocket. "Now this will be good, hopefully works on whatever manner of beast is causing this racket." Keeping the grenade in hand he begins to take in the forms of whoever else has woken up in this decrepit tomb.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception check to see whose freed on third round.
    (1d20+10)[23]

    Stealth check also cause it safer that way
    (1d20+11)[23]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-09 at 12:48 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Delilah lets out a slurred groan before bursting into a fit of racking coughs, expelling random detritus from her lungs. Oddly enough her brain didn't register that anomaly due to its state of disorientation caused by the current deprivation of oxygen. After a few rapid shallow breaths she was able to form a single conscious thought Sweet baby Shelyn, please oh please don't let this be another one night stand with another BDSM freak from Nidal..... It was a slow process but eventually the elven witch was able to gain control over her breathing long enough to try to move yet had little to know success. What tipped her off that this wasn't a normal hangover was the fact that the dull throbbing pain was not radiating from her skull but from her chest meaning alcohol had nothing to do with it or she had somehow got her hands on and consumed Chelish Hellfire Chili whilst drunk.

    A few seconds passed before she made another half hearted attempt at slipping from her non visible restraints; however, the pitiful effort yielded no success considering she was more concerned with how she got in this predicament. The last memory she could recall was chugging down a Dwelven Boilermaker (Dwarf Fire Whiskey and Elven Absinthe: Warning do not try this at home unless you are either suicidal or a seasoned alcoholic) atop of Steve her Platonic Interspecies Life Partner as a crowd of blurred faces cheered her on drunkingly. That was all and to be honest that was a pretty tame memory for the fortuneteller. The earthen taste of minerals that crept up on her tongue and the obnoxious high pitched chirps that emanated from her genital region were enough to shake her from her temporary introspective session. Grumbling bitterly, Delilah used her many years experience of 'Bedroom Yoga' and her limber form to slip free of her bonds then proceeded to tear off the bag.

    By the blessings of Cayden Cailean the room was blissfully dim, even though she didn't have an ethanol induced migraine she felt like she wouldn't be able to handle sunlight at this given moment. Her initial gaze at her location was interrupted sharply by the sudden and rather vicious pecking of a quite perturbed Thrush who had been imprisoned in probably one of the filthiest places in all of Golarion.

    The elf takes a weak swipe at the uppity bird "Oh piss off Yune! It's not like you haven't been in worse situations around me... OH HELL NO!" Her eyes notice the tattered remnants of her blouse.

    "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F*CKING SH*TTING ME! THIS WAS MY FAVORITE PARTY SHIRT!?!? MOTHER F*CKING SH*T EASTING DONKEY RAPING C*CK JUGGLING DOUCHE CANOE! DID THE ASSHAT THAT WENT ALL FERAL ON MY SHIRT REALIZE HOW MUCH THIS SH*T COSTS AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT MY DRINKING BUDGET? WHEN I CATCH THIS C*NTY QUEEF LORD I AM GOING TO EVISCERATE THEM!"

    By now the elf was red with fury and panting heavily from her passionate outburst of obscenities though after a few seconds she realized she wasn't alone. She took a moment to assess the new figures in her immediate proximity and once satisfied that they were not the perpetrator in question she calmly addressed them "Any of you got a smoke or a flask, my buzz has worn off and believe you me I need a drink right about now."
    Blarg...

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)



    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.







    The gloom of the moist dank room came to the large serpentine creature first. Asaelgash's snake-like eyes popped open beneath the thick cover which was his corpse-bad. His muscles flexed and ached, twisted and struggled. The bristled scales upon his skin nipping and cutting into the fabric until he simply ripped free of the restraints. He ripped the remainder of from his face, and glanced about. It looked as if it could be some rotting grave place within an old residential house. Other bodies in laid out on his side of the room in similar full-size body bags begun to stir. It was an odd sight, perhaps more fitting in the macabre atelier of some necromancer - perhaps this was just that...







    The powerful-framed lizard-man rose from the unpleasant bed glancing around the room as the sound of the pounding intensified.

    Thane had fought and struggled with the troublesome bodybag until he finally succeeded in freeing an arm with a painful gesture, and loosening the restraints. He pulled free from the bag, looking about the room's unkempt condition. An indoor graveyard. Now he'd seen it all. His body ached, and his feathers were ruffled, but aside from two-dozen or so roughly stitched together holes crisscrossing his bruised body, and his ruined closed - he seemed to be 'alright'. The crashing from further inside the house hinted that may not remain the case... He felt some reassurance with the grenade in hand, but it was one-shot he couldn't afford to waste. A great reptilian creature came somewhat into view at the far end of the room away from the hall. It looked about, as if it were searching for something. After a moment it seemed to give up before flipping over an empty bed and striking one of the bed's legs with a powerful hammering blow with its arm. The thick wood splintered, but didn't break. The sound echoed through the house...

    Hido found his mind swirling, his eyes fluttering open and taking account of his situation. He shifted and squirmed, nearly escaping, yet the restraints held him firm. Resolving there was little other choice, he resorted to exercising one of his more practiced escape techniques. Dislocating his own arm, and slithering out of the bindings his movements had loosened. He pulled the body bag off himself as he slid his shoulder back into place with a silent flinch and twitch of the eye from the agonizing trick. The THWACK of a great scaled beast to the side of him thoroughly held his attention, as the lizard-creature beat upon the wooden leg of an upturned bed...





    With a mighty crack and THWAP the large lizardman broke the leg free from the bed. One end was narrowed and well-suited for a firm grasp, with a bulbous knob at the end, while the splintered squared-length made for a reasonable club. It wasn't any kind of wood his beady-eyes had ever seen, it was stiff, rigid and dense - making it particularly unwieldy from the weight. A deep brownish timber with a burled pattern that looked particularly ancient. He gave it a few test swings, it felt like it would do considerable damage, but it wouldn't be easy to use. The sharp snapping from removing the leg caused the others to visible cringe.

    Hido didn't waste any time as the creature was at work testing out its crude new weapon. With a sharp well-practiced routine, she tucked in his arms and straightened out - rolling off the bed, slapping down an arm to stop his movement as he hit the ground, before reversing his movement to stow himself away underneath the bed with out a making a single excessive gesture. That noise couldn't have gone unnoticed... The big stupid creature looked like it would make a perfectly reasonable distraction while he plotted his escape. His eyes darted about, the room was fairly long, and the hall leading out could hardly be called a hall, it was a 5ft length before exiting out into another much larger room. The dim light made it difficult to see for lesser men - but he was not like lesser men. Indeed, he was unlike other humans... He closed his eyes, sharpening his focus. Opening his eyes, his iris's had taken a deep red glow as the corruption begun to fill him - the darkness parted before his vision, and his gaze pierced the shade about him. Seeing through the darkness, he could make out part of the room past this one - it was long, far too large to see from end to end. His gaze swept over the dirt floor. Rough mounds of dirt was scattered about. They were generally indistinguishable from the rest, but under his gaze, he could tell something was amiss. This low to the ground, he could make out the shape of a hand, and their a face. Bits of cloth and metal mingled and buried about in a haphazard manner. He dug down into the soil unearthing a bit of fabric, then a bag... Digging into the sack he pulled out a handful of putrid rotting organs. The maggot filled half-decayed lower intestines of a man... The flies swarmed out and fecal matter dripped into his hands. With a repulsive gesture, he threw the gore aside, overcome with the grotesque discovery. He could feel the bile rise in the back of his throat. He fought, but couldn't keep it down, spraying a stream of bloody sludge from his stomach into the earth. What was this place...

    Spoiler: A Weapon of Sorts
    Show

    Asaelgash's broken bed-leg functions as an Improvised Club. However, due to the weight and difficult handling. It gains a -1 Penalty to hit and +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage. This penalty stacks with those applied normally from wielding an Improvised Weapon.


    Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Hido has partial-cover while prone underneath the bed. However his stealth is negated by creatures which have observed his movement.


    Spoiler: Fistful of Gore
    Show
    Hido has been unfortunate to have recovered a rotting handful of rotting organs. The sight is so foul he's unable to maintain his resolve: Hido is Nauseated for [2 Rounds]

    Nauseated

    Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.



    Thane looked about the room as he took a crouch next to the bed. There was nothing to hide behind. His eyes moved about frantically, A weapon. A way out. Something. His eyes fell to the dirt. There were things... buried.

    The unusual sound of chirping from one of the body-bags followed by bits of random bits of spoken internal-dialogue came from a squirming sack. It was the last bag still moving about. After a long while, the witch finally crawled out erupting into a burst of profanities as she was able to view her attire in the dim light of the corpse-house. He shouting voice echoed out and drowned the banging and crashing coming from the adjacent room. All went silent. The banging had ceased. A weak voice, the voice of the girl spoke out; "...Who are you? Who's there?" A cacophonous sinister voice rang out, speaking from some disembodied throat without form. The volume shook the very walls sending splinters cracking down their their surface as the peeling paint cracked. The words spoke both within each of their minds, in their native tongues, and outwardly from above:






    The girl was screaming out again, but this time in frustration. "WHAT CHALLENGE!? I DIDN'T CHALLENGE ANYONE! SPEAKER, I MADE NO CLAIM TO THAT!" A woman walked out from the abysmal shadows of the other room standing at the edge of the corpse-room's sole entrance and exit. "The Dark Speaker does not address you, dear child..." The woman, her skin as pale as death, smiled coldly at the souls within the room. "...He speaks to you." She was dressed in clerical vestments, which were impeccably clean and well tended despite the locale. Her eyes were cold and distant, almost detached. Or perhaps, numb. "...We were not expecting, guests. Welcome. I am Sister Helen, a Pale Sister of Our Fair Lady. It is quite unusual to receive a Challenger... Let alone, four. You may partake in The Trial. Those among you who live, may participate in The Crucible. Best you arm yourself quickly, there are various bits-and-bobs about." Her voice was sharp and curt, like the principle of a school-house. She twisted the heavy switch in her hand before swatting it in her palm with a motion of impatience. "Speaker, you may resume." The girl frantically cried out from somewhere behind Sister Helen. "Wait! WAIT!! Ugh-" The hammering resumed, horrible gargling howls and roars washed into their ears. Dust begun to fall from the mouldering ceiling planks which made the roof.

    Thane retained his wits and focus long enough for his eyes to pick out the dull glint of a pommel's bearing. He dug down into the dirt and revealed the hilt of a sword. He grasped the weapon and pulled out the blade. He squinted at the sight of the worn and broken blade. Half of the longsword was simply missing, and what remained was dinged and knicked horribly. Scratches from claws ruined the polish and ran down the length of its steel recalling some horrific battle it had seen in the hands of its, no-doubt, deceased owner. The jagged tip was still fit for thrusting into something's skull, but it was in dire need of repair. He brushed off the mud from the damp soil beneath the surface after inspecting the weapon. Upon it's blade was a marred silver inlay - perhaps the name of its original owner. It read: 'VOSPER'.

    Spoiler: Knowledge (Local) / Knowledge (History) - [DC17
    Show
    ]

    The Founder of Seven-Arrows, Hero of The Shattered Crusade


    Not everyone remembered the name of The Whispering Lord, the man-god who had stood against the full brunt of The Runelords alone in the final conclusive battle of The Shattered Crusade in the coastal town of SandPoint. Raph'æl Vosper had become both a legend and perhaps the first real proof the world had begun to change. Others viewed it as proof that perhaps Aroden himself might return if some long-dead deity from another time could walk the earth once again.

    The sword was perhaps a fine weapon once, masterly forged and well balanced. Yet, now it was just mangled steel in need of far more than a little spit and polish. It would take a great deal of work to restore, but perhaps there was more to this weapon than met the eye. Strangely enough however, it was well known that Vosper himself never wielded actual weapons in combat, and overcame both god and man with his voice and command of song. It was a mystery. A piece of history forgotten? Or perhaps there was other more complex answers lingering beneath the surface of this paradox.





    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Post in any order, actions are resolved by the following stack:

    Thane: (1d20+4)[19] (1st)
    Asaelgash: (1d20)[19] (2nd)
    Delilah: (1d20+4)[18] (3rd)
    Hido: (1d20+8)[16] (4th)








    [Round 4 Begins]




    (Pale Sister)
    Sister Helen


    Last edited by Mornings; 2016-10-10 at 02:25 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    As the woman's words cut through the room, Asaelgash seems to find an acceptable balance within the bedpost and lowers his arm. Turning the the right, he allows the club to swing lazily at his side with the motion. As his arm drifts back and forth with the weapon, Asaelgash pauses at the foot of the last bed. With a wet THUD, he allows the club's circle to swing his arm out wide and crash into the middle of the unmoving body bag. Growling to himself, he wanders down the line of beds, absentmindedly sending his club into the middle of each bed. A small hiss escapes as he passes by where Hido is hiding, the sounds of retching obvious. A small curl edges upward from the side of his mouth as he drives the club into the bed opposite Hido's.

    Continuing his steps forward, he approaches the bed across from where Thane is rising from the filth. Noting the broken sword, Asaelgash locks his gaze with Thane. The club's macabre dance never slows as words flow over fangs and another THUD is dampened by ruined bedding. "jikmadator laraeki ihk jikmadator mamissi."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Asaelgash moves to M3, and then to K3 and I3, ending at G3. Each time, he's allowing the club to impact the midriff of the person inside the bodybag. He's listening for a solid response, to indicate if the corpse within is wearing armor of any sort. I had him move at his standard rate, hitting the beds at L4 K4 I4 and G4, which would leave him opposite Thane's current location.

    Should any impact provide a solid response, Asaelgash will stop to tear into that bag presumably next round) to see if anything inside is salvageable. I can update my actions if need be to address such a discovery.

    The words are spoken in Draconic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

    Extended Signature

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    The elf stopped her growling and looked at the odd woman, noting her garb the witch wrinkled her nose "Ah hell no, this better not be a convent dammit. There is no way anyone is going to make me wear a penguin suit."

    The scaled chicken rasped out in a tongue Delilah was not used to hearing from others "You're lucky you didn't pull that with me or I would shove it straight up your cloaca... As for the sword, meh, it's not like we have the luxury of being choosy at this moment. Praise be to the heavens I don't have to harvest bat sh*t right now."

    She stretched for a moment before scanning the room for anything usable for components, she already had access to wool from her destroyed blouse but what she needed and that would be obtainable was powdered iron/rust or some spider web. She stomped towards the corner of the room in search for the latter item on her list. In a pinch she could go without spells but it wouldn't hurt to have something to fall back on in case the others she was stuck with me a grizzly fate that forced her to flee for her life.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Looking for spell components in B1 so perception (1d20+15)[30] primarily looking for a couple of spider webs and any rusted metal she can scrape off for the rust.
    Blarg...

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Hido Asmodel

    Hido listened as best as he could but soon after abandoned all pretenses of stealth as his mind reeled in disgust at being surronded by even more viscera. He wiped his mouth clean of bile as he pulled himself out from under the bed. He shook shook his head slowly, trying to clear his mind of the sight, while trying to get away from it as quickly as possible. May not have been... my brightest move. "The hell was she going on about, 'Challengers'." He asked towards the closet 'living' individual, choosing to ignore the brute, beating on the motionless bags. He held his stomach with a small wince as he steadied against the bed, as another rush of bile threatened to escape his lips.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Hido crawls out from under the bed and stands up next to it in J2
    Last edited by Almighty Eevee; 2016-10-11 at 09:03 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    "The Pale Lady, Wait I've heard that somewhere before... if its who i think it is we are boned." Taking the broken sword up from the floor and seeing the name Vosper on the hilt was really confusing. The only Vosper coming to mind was The Whispering Lord, Raph'æl Vosper, but he never used a sword or any weapon for that matter, so why the hell was his name on this broken blade. Determining that this was the least of his worries and that he can figure it out later he stood up from his bed and made his way over towards the Sister. Pointing the sword at the Sister he decides that he needs to set her straight and get some answers. "None of us made any such challenge to your "Pale Lady", Now how about you tell us what the F*ck is going on, Last i remember i was killed by a bunch of F*ckin halfling Sh*ts and now I'm here with your B*tch *ss telling me that us four are making some sort of challenge. And could you please shut that other B*tch up she is really getting on my nerves right now with all that f*cking screaming."

    Keeping the broken blade pointed at the Sister he begins looking around the room checking out the three people that had woken up. "Aight got a Girl with a bird and an Alcohol addiction, A Lizard that looks like he just wants to beat something to death, And a Human that can't stand gore. Great this bunch is gonna be some fun." Looking back towards the sister he tries to catch a glimpse of what is going on in the other room.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Moving from G2 to D5 (G2>F3>E3>D3>D4>D5)

    Perception for looking into the next room
    (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-11 at 02:18 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)







    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.




    Spoiler: A Weapon of Sorts - Asaelgash's Weapon
    Show

    Asaelgash's broken bed-leg functions as an Improvised Club. However, due to the weight and difficult handling. It gains a -1 Penalty to hit and +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage. This penalty stacks with those applied normally from wielding an Improvised Weapon.


    Spoiler: Hido's Status
    Show

    Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Hido has partial-cover while prone underneath the bed. However his stealth is negated by creatures which have observed his movement.


    Spoiler: Fistful of Gore
    Show
    Hido has been unfortunate to have recovered a rotting handful of rotting organs. The sight is so foul he's unable to maintain his resolve: Hido is Nauseated for [1/2 Rounds]


    Nauseated

    Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Post in any order, actions are resolved by the following stack:

    Thane: (1d20+4)[19] (1st)
    Asaelgash: (1d20)[19] (2nd)
    Delilah: (1d20+4)[18] (3rd)
    Hido: (1d20+8)[16] (4th)


    The apparent 'nun', Sister Helen smiled softly as Thane waved his broken sword in her face. "I do apologize. I know this must all be somewhat confusing..." The walls shook as an exceptionally powerful blow rang out from further inside. Thane squinted his eyes, and while he could see out in the darkness, the room was much larger than his vision would allow. Indeed, this rotting residential house possessed an enormous interior. Yet, it was filled with dirt. Decaying limbs and remains lay strewn about half buried, and a young child's arm lay defiantly reaching up from a mound, with an outstretched hand frozen in rigor mortis. Though he could only make out roughly half the shape from the distance some 60ft away, he could see the large ceremonious alter baring the likeness to some robbed woman. An impeccably fine work rendered in marble. A large basin filled with coagulating blood in which small ghostly fires heating iron spikes rested, mirrors of glass reflected the light away from the interior of the room. The carved figure held the basin in her stone hands as if collecting something. "The Favored Children, those who have accepted the teachings and the blessed word of The Pale Lady had chosen each of you - watching you, measuring your worth. You were found suitable, and thus were your lives offered up in tribute as an offering to Our Fair Lady... However, in accordance with our sacred tenets the bodies must lay at rest for 7 days within The Buried Hall, before the remains are minced and buried to nurture the earth. Upon completion of this holy rite, the sacrifice is accepted, and The Favored may become a Pale Blade of Our Fair Lady. Yet, the truly worthy gifts... The exceptional. They do not always remain, dead. All in accordance with Our Fair Lady's design. The Risen demanding their life, may live again should they contest The Favored's claim. You have risen - your right to contest your murderer validated... But before that, you must first, survive." Thane could barely make out a young girl fighting back against a heavy wooden door. A heavy darkwood beam blocking entrance was splintered in two behind her. The wooden blanks were lined with steel rims and bolted, yet twisted metal and fractured wood left a fourth of the portal's closure shattered. A series of sharp rasping rakes bit into the metal - thick claws, as if made of some strange bronzed and blackened metal carved through the surface with vicious fury. The girl, just outside his range of vision, fought and struggled frantically, sliding back in the dirt and hammering herself against its surface in a futile contest of strength. A thick gray miasma begun to flow in through the cracks and holes in the door as the gapes widened. A horrid stench beginning to slowly mingle with the air that threatened to blind and suffocate him from its oppressive musk. His skin begun to bristle and itch, as if small incests ran down his exposed flesh. The girl begun to thrash about, pinching her nose and closing her eyes to summon the strength to keep the door closed while the putrid mist washed over her... " Ah, so the time has come. I trust you've made your preparations? The girl has bought you more time than you justly deserve. Do try not to waste so precious a gift. "

    The young woman raised a hand out behind her, a deep purple light beginning to surround her hand. She traced an arcane sigil in the air, then another, followed by a rounded winded crest. She choked out the last verbal component of her spell a prismatic ripple of chaotic energy shimmered across the walls, and a pulse of reality bending translucent waves crashed into the world as the magic begun to take shape.

    "Mother Moon; Starsong of all nights!"
    "Here all dark gathers to quell your sacred light!"
    "Let not life pass before all unliving... Let not dreadful eyes rest upon your faithful!"

    The symbols spun into life surrounding the girl with an aura of lightly pulsing energy before she completely vanished from sight, leaving neither footprint nor trace she had been- The doors exploded open in a shower of wood and steel beams. Roiling 30ft wide clouds caustic choking mist drifted into the room. The gleam of some terrible creature's eye briefly reflected in the dim light before vanishing completely in the cloud-bank. A howling guttural growl unlike man or animal pierced his ears. It felt as if the temperature had begun to drop slightly, from cool to cold. A second bank of cloudy mist begun to roil into the room in slow approach. He had a very bad feeling about this.

    Spoiler: The Pale Lady (Thane Knowledge Religion - Success)
    Show

    - Journal Entries Received In Kintargo, dated the 1st day of Desnus; AR 4683 -

    First Entry
    Deep in the woods—any woods and every woods— lived a witch known as The Pale Lady or The Flower Mistress. So the song sang, but The Fair Lady was no witch at all, but a faerie queen—an evil faerie queen of The Winter Court. As you can imagine, the finer points of that distinction are lost on the peasant farmers who lose their children to her malicious ways. Her domain is sealed away most of the year, but every spring the veil between worlds is thin enough that the Pale Lady can send out her army of emaciated animal thralls to steal the sons of honest people in a grand ritual they do call, The Masque of Flowers. Animals are men—animals wear the skin of men, and children. Passing unnoticed before the eyes of the ignorant.

    Second Entry
    She is callous and cruel to human eyes, but in truth she simply has no more concern for men than men have for goats or chickens. They are domesticated beasts and little more. Only magicians and elves are worthy of her hospitality, and she is eager to host them should they heap the proper levels of flattery upon her glory. She never wears any adornment or clothing, save one piece. While entertaining she wears a simple crown woven from the thorns of a white rose bush. She does not understand the symbolism, only that it seems to be an important symbol to men and thus she has adopted it. She is a polyglot who fluently speaks a dozen human languages and even more nonhuman languages. She is faerie queen and peerless sorceress, who commands Words of Creation. She has a desire for power and considers herself a minor goddess—A notion not misplaced. For she is one of The Eldest. Goddess of The First World, and Queen among the fey-kind. She had previously endeavored greatly to find even more of these words, but, after finding (and learning) the first, she lost her stomach for it. She desperately seeks those schooled in the ways of the most ancients of magics, that she might resume her task to claim greater measures of this transcendental force.

    Third Entry
    Almost two years ago, one of those sons made it back.
    He spoke of how many of the children were taken away never to be seen again. He spoke of his grueling labor as a slave, working her vast fields of flowers. He spoke of emaciated rabbit men who acted as mute overseers, able to make no noise beyond a warbling scream. He also spoke of a vast cube of stone, sealed in the back chambers of the Great Hall, of vast riches, and of visiting magicians who made pacts with The Pale Lady for training in the dark arts. He learned the secret ways in and out of her domain. He has told all who will listen, but only the nuns of the abbey have ever believed him.

    The nuns of the abbey ask the wrong questions and pass unnoticed. They don't know I'm watching—I'm always watching.

    Fourth Entry
    More are returning—enchanted—enthralled. The nuns only come back once a year, and more children leave with them. What of the ritual, what of The Masque? Or perhaps, I've missed something, perhaps we all dance to her tune. She is cunning. The days of rabbit-men are over. Something darker lingers at the edge of my mind.

    Fifth Entry
    She's taken me. I couldn't have known. It was a trap. But she can't stop me now, even without The Flame. I went back in the past, though I couldn't find Raph'æl in time, I did the next best thing. I found Gal'bertel S'Sisery—The Witch of Undercity—the boy who returned. Vospher has to know. The Pathfinders will make it in time, before Seven-Arrows falls. Now that she has Mellyn—I fear for The Swallowfeld Children.

    ~ DEVIL MAKER


    The great lizardman had begun his sauntering approach to the far end of the room intent of checking each body for armor or other vestments he might use as the assassin emerged from his hiding place and the witch ranted on as she moved to the corner of the room. The walls shook, and the words of the spell reached their ears along with the distorting wave of power which seemed to pass through both the air and walls without concern, bending their vision like running water before returning to its original shape. It was as if the released magic had distorted something in the very world about them. "A convent? I suppose it is something of the sort... Though not intended for individuals of your, quality... It would bring great satisfaction if you were to accept the merciful glory of Our Fair Lady. Though, I suspect this to be particularly unlikely. First I suppose, you may wish to focus on completing this trial, and besting your Challenger in Sacred Combat." The large lizard brought his club down on the body with a resounding wet THUD.

    Spoiler: Lizardman Smacks Things
    Show

    Beginning and ending a movement is a Move Action - therefore, you cannot move > perform action > move, in a single round of combat without specific feats that allow you to do just that. Further, interacting with the beds and such is atleast a Move Action. Moving a bed would be, though attacking a bed would be an Attack Action (Standard Action). You cannot perform more than two standard actions during a round.

    Originally, I was contemplating just letting you whack everything, and then telling you this. But, for the sake of fairness. I decided against it.


    The body bag exploded beneath the solid impact like a ripe fruit. Sharp hissing streams of blackened ooze flung out as the bag exploded open. A shower of gore splattered him, the thick muck seeming to bubble and freeze at the same time chilling his scaly skin till black. The sharp numbing pain of the unexpectedly violent pop of the bodies chest cavity leaving him slick with the foul grime. It burned and covered his skin with ice as it begun to freeze him under its touch. massive husks of black gory sacks stirred on the ground, beginning to clatter and gnash rows of sharp teeth. Then another, another - and even another... Massive fleshy bags of rot like maggots from within the thing chittered out from the bloated organs of black freezing blood. They skittered forward oozing streams of puss and black sludge like grotesque parasitic insects. The gore was thick on him, and was seemingly only getting worse the longer it sat on his skin. The sticky substance running down his face and limbs.

    Spoiler: BlackBlood Blight
    Show

    Asaelgash is covered with a blast of thick gore and is dealt 4 Points of Cold Damage
    In addition Asaelgash contracts BloodBlood Blight I:

    BlackBlood Blight I:
    Receiving Blight: Blight is inflicted in 'Stacks', represented by the current Blight's number. Each number applies an effect independently
    Removing Blight: Removing Blight requires a creature spend time cleaning the blood off of themselves. Consuming an action to clean removes all Stacks of Blight for Stacks below 4. Being Blighted makes receiving additional blight easier, as the DC becomes more difficult, and additional penalties or damage is applied. Penalties do not 'tick' until the end of the effected creature's round.

    I Stack: Swift Action
    II Stack: Move Action
    III Stack: Standard Action
    IV Stack: Full Round Action
    V Stack+: Full Round Action to Reduce Stack by 1


    The wretchedly large maggots wriggled and squirmed within reach to reel and nip at the lizard man, hungry for more flesh. The sudden slight of the strange dripping creatures as the lizard was caught in the burst of gore and black sludge caught Hido off-guard, but not unaware. The creatures looked common enough, but mutated to some degree. The hissing and chill smoke rising from the lizardman's skin didn't inspire an abundance of confidence. He couldn't be sure just what kind of creatures he was looking at. Delilah plucked at the corner finding 4 spiderwebs lingering in the corner, but looking about she couldn't find any manner of rust.. the whole of the place seemed to be made of wood. Yet, something caught her eye in the soil... She bent over and brushed off the dirt revealing what she first thought to be a rusty pipe, pulling the metal up from the ground, much to her surprise she retrieved an old rusted pistol. It indeed had the rust she needed, yet it still had good powder and a single round loaded in the barrel. The sudden movement behind her didn't go unnoticed, she keenly caught sight of the strange maggots and the lizardman's precarious predicament.

    "Damned fools, use this!"

    Thane looked out as a gruff old man's voice called out from across the chamber. He couldn't make it out with the short range of his vision, but from far out across the way a double-barreled musket fly through the air before landing across the room in the dirt. A loud crash as a door slammed shut closely followed. That weapon didn't look rusted or old. It very well could have been new, and was rather heavily decorated and gleaming with a soft magical glow...

    [Round 5 Begins] - Players Win Initiative!

    Spoiler: The Buried Hall - Main Chamber (Precarious Footing)
    Show


    Moving in the knee-deep soil is far too difficult to be done competently. The Main Chamber (Beginning at Row 7) counts as Difficult Terrain. However creatures may attempt to move full speed. Moving half speed requires a DC14 Acrobatics Check to safely move without tripping on buried debris. Failure knocks the creature prone. Moving below half speed requires no Check. For every 5ft traveled beyond half movement, the creature must attempt another Acrobatics Check with a Cumulative +1 to the DC of the Check. If the creature fails after moving 10ft or more beyond half their movement speed, they suffer 2 Points of Bludgeoning Damage as they trip on the stones and buried materials under the soil.

    - Creature's may attempt a DC20 Acrobatics Check to attempt a 5ft Step. If this check is failed, the movement is not completed and the creature falls prone in the square they are currently occupying.



    [STANDARD MAP]




    Spoiler: VISIBLE AREA (Total Map)
    Show







  12. - Top - End - #12
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna be a busy day for me. Going to get my action posted and update with more RP later.

    Asaelgash moves to F3, sloughs off the nasty stuff and readies an action to strike at the worms if they come within reach.


    Asaelgash looks at the filth coating his already ruined outfit and at the worms that burst from the corpse. With a dismissive gesture, he turns from the monstrous worms and walks down the room past Hido, stopping only when he gets past a pair of beds.

    "sjek wux shilta ti resksik wer slathalin, leor doutan de coi."

    Turning to face the worms once more, Asaelgash hisses a challenge and waits for them.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2016-10-12 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

    Extended Signature

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Hido Asmodel

    "For the love of Desna. Bags with maggot-ridden entrails, corpses with large maggots and then 'THIS CHICK' comes in here telling us to kill our murderer. Could today get any better?" Hido growled out as he followed behind the lizardman. He felt his stomach calming down as he regained his senses. He gave an obsecne gesture towards the Pale sister as he turned back to the threat at the end of the room.



    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hido moves to E3
    Last edited by Almighty Eevee; 2016-10-12 at 10:20 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Delilah gave a tired sigh, she constantly wondered why she always seemed to end up in these horrible situations. Why couldn't she wake up in a luxurious mansion surrounded by exotic libations and man servants instead of a condemned hell hole and rotting corpses. She rolled her eyes at the limp challenge issued by the scaled one before she gingerly sauntered closer to put an end to this silly farce.

    "Step aside boys, let a woman show you how these things are handled." Taking out one of the webs she holds it up as an offering to the arcane powers that be, channeling the awesome force of the cosmos through her stunted body. A soft chant slowly escaped her lips as she entered a brief trance. The power rushed through her and burned the web as its price.

    Instantly thick strings of sticky web materialized out of the nothingness and shot out covering the back of the room where their supposed challenge awaited.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Delilah will move to D3 and cast web targeting M3 forcing all of the things to make a reflex save DC 17 lest they be grappled!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2016-10-12 at 10:27 PM.
    Blarg...

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)



    Looking past the Sister into the room he couldn't help but wonder what the hell this place really was. Watching the girl struggle against the door he knew that whatever she was holding back was not going to be fun to fight. "A gift you say, Sh*t this seems more like a curse. A gift would have been giving us more of a fighting chance." Standing in awe as the girl performed her magic, and flinching slightly as the door exploded, He felt some fear creep into him as he caught the glimmer of Red eyes and heard a roar of an animal he could not place. The chill in the air was causing him to shiver slightly as he was not expecting it.

    Hearing the old man call out and a rifle fly threw the air, he heads straight for it as it is definitely a better weapon right now than this old broken sword. Moving in the filth was easier said than done, it was a struggle most of the way. Thinking back on what the Sister said, about how the bodies are ground up and buried, he couldn't help but wonder "Am i walking through the ground up remains of dead bodies right now?". This thought caused him to miss a step and lose his footing, slipping on what felt like a smooth round stone he lands on his back on the soil. to most this might have caused them some issue but he had been knocked down enough that he had learned ways of getting up quickly. Rolling out of the fall he continues to make his way to the rifle. Finally making it to the rifle he looks around quickly trying to spot the old man or even the door that he had heard. "Where you at old man?F*cking people man, can't anyone give us weapons we know how to use."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move Action: Move from D6>D7>D8>D9>D10>D11
    Swift Action: Ki Stand
    Move Action: Move from D11>D12>D13
    Free Action: Perception check: (1d20+10)[15]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-16 at 01:25 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)







    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.




    Spoiler: A Weapon of Sorts - Asaelgash's Weapon
    Show

    Asaelgash's broken bed-leg functions as an Improvised Club. However, due to the weight and difficult handling. It gains a -1 Penalty to hit and +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage. This penalty stacks with those applied normally from wielding an Improvised Weapon.


    Spoiler: Hido's Status
    Show

    Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Hido has partial-cover while prone underneath the bed. However his stealth is negated by creatures which have observed his movement.


    Spoiler: Fistful of Gore
    Show
    Hido has been unfortunate to have recovered a rotting handful of rotting organs. The sight is so foul he's unable to maintain his resolve: Hido is Nauseated for [0/2 Rounds]


    Nauseated

    Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.


    Spoiler: Archive - Checks
    Show


    Spoiler: The Pale Lady (Thane Knowledge Religion - Success)
    Show

    - Journal Entries Received In Kintargo, dated the 1st day of Desnus; AR 4683 -

    First Entry
    Deep in the woods—any woods and every woods— lived a witch known as The Pale Lady or The Flower Mistress. So the song sang, but The Fair Lady was no witch at all, but a faerie queen—an evil faerie queen of The Winter Court. As you can imagine, the finer points of that distinction are lost on the peasant farmers who lose their children to her malicious ways. Her domain is sealed away most of the year, but every spring the veil between worlds is thin enough that the Pale Lady can send out her army of emaciated animal thralls to steal the sons of honest people in a grand ritual they do call, The Masque of Flowers. Animals are men—animals wear the skin of men, and children. Passing unnoticed before the eyes of the ignorant.

    Second Entry
    She is callous and cruel to human eyes, but in truth she simply has no more concern for men than men have for goats or chickens. They are domesticated beasts and little more. Only magicians and elves are worthy of her hospitality, and she is eager to host them should they heap the proper levels of flattery upon her glory. She never wears any adornment or clothing, save one piece. While entertaining she wears a simple crown woven from the thorns of a white rose bush. She does not understand the symbolism, only that it seems to be an important symbol to men and thus she has adopted it. She is a polyglot who fluently speaks a dozen human languages and even more nonhuman languages. She is faerie queen and peerless sorceress, who commands Words of Creation. She has a desire for power and considers herself a minor goddess—A notion not misplaced. For she is one of The Eldest. Goddess of The First World, and Queen among the fey-kind. She had previously endeavored greatly to find even more of these words, but, after finding (and learning) the first, she lost her stomach for it. She desperately seeks those schooled in the ways of the most ancients of magics, that she might resume her task to claim greater measures of this transcendental force.

    Third Entry
    Almost two years ago, one of those sons made it back.
    He spoke of how many of the children were taken away never to be seen again. He spoke of his grueling labor as a slave, working her vast fields of flowers. He spoke of emaciated rabbit men who acted as mute overseers, able to make no noise beyond a warbling scream. He also spoke of a vast cube of stone, sealed in the back chambers of the Great Hall, of vast riches, and of visiting magicians who made pacts with The Pale Lady for training in the dark arts. He learned the secret ways in and out of her domain. He has told all who will listen, but only the nuns of the abbey have ever believed him.

    The nuns of the abbey ask the wrong questions and pass unnoticed. They don't know I'm watching—I'm always watching.

    Fourth Entry
    More are returning—enchanted—enthralled. The nuns only come back once a year, and more children leave with them. What of the ritual, what of The Masque? Or perhaps, I've missed something, perhaps we all dance to her tune. She is cunning. The days of rabbit-men are over. Something darker lingers at the edge of my mind.

    Fifth Entry
    She's taken me. I couldn't have known. It was a trap. But she can't stop me now, even without The Flame. I went back in the past, though I couldn't find Raph'æl in time, I did the next best thing. I found Gal'bertel S'Sisery—The Witch of Undercity—the boy who returned. Vospher has to know. The Pathfinders will make it in time, before Seven-Arrows falls. Now that she has Mellyn—I fear for The Swallowfeld Children.

    ~ DEVIL MAKER


    Spoiler: BlackBlood Blight
    Show

    Asaelgash is covered with a blast of thick gore and is dealt 4 Points of Cold Damage
    In addition Asaelgash contracts BloodBlood Blight I:

    BlackBlood Blight I:
    Receiving Blight: Blight is inflicted in 'Stacks', represented by the current Blight's number. Each number applies an effect independently
    Removing Blight: Removing Blight requires a creature spend time cleaning the blood off of themselves. Consuming an action to clean removes all Stacks of Blight for Stacks below 4. Being Blighted makes receiving additional blight easier, as the DC becomes more difficult, and additional penalties or damage is applied. Penalties do not 'tick' until the end of the effected creature's round.

    I Stack: Swift Action
    II Stack: Move Action
    III Stack: Standard Action
    IV Stack: Full Round Action (Action Provokes)
    V Stack+: Full Round Action to Reduce Stack by 1 (Action Provokes)


    Spoiler: The Buried Hall - Main Chamber (Precarious Footing)
    Show


    Moving in the knee-deep soil is far too difficult to be done competently. The Main Chamber (Beginning at Row 7) counts as Difficult Terrain. However creatures may attempt to move full speed. Moving half speed requires a DC14 Acrobatics Check to safely move without tripping on buried debris. Failure knocks the creature prone. Moving below half speed requires no Check. For every 5ft traveled beyond half movement, the creature must attempt another Acrobatics Check with a Cumulative +1 to the DC of the Check. If the creature fails after moving 10ft or more beyond half their movement speed, they suffer 2 Points of Bludgeoning Damage as they trip on the stones and buried materials under the soil.

    - Creature's may attempt a DC20 Acrobatics Check to attempt a 5ft Step. If this check is failed, the movement is not completed and the creature falls prone in the square they are currently occupying.


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Post in any order, actions are resolved by the following stack:

    Thane: (1d20+4)[19] (1st)
    Asaelgash: (1d20)[19] (2nd)
    Delilah: (1d20+4)[18] (3rd)
    Hido: (1d20+8)[16] (4th)


    The rifle tossed out from the dark held Thane's eye as readily as the waves of mist. There wasn't any time. He shoved past the nun and bolted for the firearm, he didn't know how to use the weapon, but he knew what guns could do and the thought of having a functional weapon seemed a preferable fate. The roiling mounds of dirt were far more difficult to traverse than he initially thought. His first step sunk him down to his knee in soil and buried debris. He pulled himself up , found a foothold upon a stone and crossed a narrow path skipping between rocks until the solid footing ran out. With little other option he sprung out, he landed upon a moist patch, slipping and falling into a pool of grime and decaying filth - the general outline of a foot was visible below him, but he paid no mind. Following the momentum, he rolled with the fall before springing to his feet to continue his mad dash.

    He stood above the firearm looking it over. It was an exceptionally made weapon - barrels of mithril and a stock of darkwood with outrageously detailed carvings filling its surface. The first barrel of the doubled weapon ended in a cawing raven's head from which the ammunition would be discharged. It had the look of a collector's display piece, more for aesthetics than function. The mist begun to creep in even further as his ears picked up a distance voice seemingly growing in audibility, as the sword in his hand began to emit a dim glow of sapphire light;

    "....Stumbling, he stood before the weapon as the creatures stalked about him. They gnashed their fangs, and shook their terrible heads in anticipation for the kill as the girl watched from a distance. It was plain upon her face, why should she brave certain death for those who showed no desire to aid herself. She was certain she could defeat the creatures after - They did become so fat and slow after they had just eaten... There was little choice, there was no escape from this place. Not until all the creatures were slain, or they each laid dead. The walls were made of rotting wood, but these halls might as well have been endless. There was no exit. There was no.. escape. The Dark Teller had seen to that..."

    The voice stopped in confusion, an echo resounded as if the voice were being repeated elsewhere at a distance. It was coming from the sword. Thane couldn't be sure what to make of it. It was as if he were tapping into the monologue of some displaced narrator, the voice of some aloft god looking down upon his dire circumstance, and if what he said as true. There was no running. Either these creatures had to die, or they would.

    "...Curious. He could hear me through Mellyn's sword. Somewhere in the past, when it still retained a measure of its ability. It was without a doubt a temporal paradox fabricated from both it- and my own, state of dissociated presence, and disjointed absence. Much like myself, it both was-and-wasn't, there. Here. Was. Though perhaps he was unaware to step before the alter- he had the inclination. Words seemed to come to mind; 'Thane Kurick accepts The Trail, and requests...'. Well, requests, whatever he pleased. The rules were simple. Those who braved the challenges and contested their murderer's could request an article of their arms, their armor, or the miscellaneous tools they had lost. Most other Children simply acquired their equipment by amassing Fervor from completed burdens and slaying enemies recognized by The Dark Speaker... Most Children did this. But Candlelight wasn't like the others, she was shy, scared easily and never adjusted to combat. But something terrible lurked inside her, a fire that could drown the world under the curtain of death. It was a gift well known to The Pale Lady, and she intended to break the child and bring her into the fold. One way, or the other. But, not all men were so blessed. Thane would need the aide of daring men like Harvold Corval to manufacture the weapons he would need to contest his murderers, The Pale Lady and the pretense of fate. He couldn't have known just how far this would go, and that The Pale Lady was only the beginning. Though he didn't know who or what that strange voice was, DEVIL MAKER would come to tell him it was a man named Professor Kardimine Kell Eron. A man he knew very well, the answers lay with him."

    Much like an old recording, the voice muffled and was drowned out by static. It was as if a vox recording from some where else, from some other time was cut open briefly by the sword and played in his mind. He knew he wasn't hearing anything physically. It was something projecting into him. The glow of the sword begun to fade. It was without a doubt something far more than a sword, and the names were familiar. The same names he'd seen in the journal. It has been a stolen book from The Decemvirate's Libraries. A precious tome. He didn't understand the significance of it at the time, aside from reference to some obscure deity, but now it seemed to be coming full circle. The voice said he could reclaim a weapon, armor, or the various tools he had once carried from the alter before himself. He had the feeling he might have discovered that if the girl who vanished had found him a suitable friend, instead of a fitting sacrifice. There were a millions things he didn't know - but he didn't have time to think. Just as the voice had said, he could see the glint of burning eyes pass through the smoke as it rushed inside like a stream of smog. The great cloud of stinking musk ended directly in front of his face. The guttural growls seemed to come from no-where and everywhere at once. He needed to act quickly if he didn't want to end up as another corpse in the soil...

    He couldn't see where the old-man was, but he could barely make out another hall, and possible a door far across the main chamber which he stood. Before, perhaps was the door which the great flumes of smoke and mist poured out from. He couldn't stay where he was for long. He had to keep moving.

    Asaelgash walked out from amid the creatures as they squirmed about. The things looked troublesome in more ways than one, dripping the putrid black ooze from their porous skin. The elven witch walked up from behind him with a word and grand flare. As the arcane energies filled her body and consumed the web, a sudden lurching surge ripped through her limbs. A wave of confusion and sickening confusion shook her as the magics threatened to disintegrate internally before they could spring into the world in their imagined form. She wrestled with the spell, streams of prismatic light shimmered from her fingertips as she actively re-wove the magics as they escaped her fingertips as wisps of dancing gray light. She bound the energy to arcane sigils in the air, giving it tangible form to combat the destructive-chaotic hammering which twisted and contorted the energy, threatening to release an unprecedented explosion of raw magic into the material plane. It was Wild Magic. She could feel it in her skin, as the light took on form, they were too close to something - standing upon the precipice of a thresh hold connecting to the Prime Material and Elsewhere. It took a grunt and strain until the completed spell shattered forth into the world releasing a near identical distorting surge which twisted the air and passed through walls and the insubstantial like a transient metaphysical wave. The magics fabricated limbs of thick string which exploded outward exactly where she had imagined it, catching the maggots in her snare. Hido looked on in surprise as the magic snare exploded into reality in a great 20ft blast that ended directly before him. Thick strings as thick as arms of the arresting white material loomed directly in front of his nose. Resolving his movement was all the more justified, he turned away and moved back further into the room with the others.

    Sister Helen gave a quiet applause. "Very impressive, dear elf. Magic is exceptionally difficult to form here while the veil separating ours and Our Fair Lady's world is so thin. No doubt your mastery will win you great favor, but I do wonder how long you can maintain this resolve. Magic is a commodity which Our Fair Lady greatly values, and tends to judge critically. There are a number of difficulties you will need to learn to overcome. I look forward to seeing your flourishing prosperity, assuming you survive this Trial." The maggots squirmed about, but only one of the creatures managed to wrangle free of the sticky walls of goo before moving forward a step and getting stuck again. The things looked like they would be firmly held for quite some time.




    [Round 6 Begins] - Players Win Initiative!

    [STANDARD MAP]



    Spoiler: Visible Area: Total Map
    Show





    Last edited by Mornings; 2016-10-14 at 04:04 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Hido Asmodel


    He looked back to see the maggots wriggling around inside of the webbing and gulped in slight realization that he could be trapped among them. Sure would be great if I had my gear... Not the worst situation I've ever been in, looks like I'll just have to improvise. He slid behind the witch and moved over the wall. He readied his Kunai as he drove it into the wall repeatedly to peel away chunks of wood into sharpened pieces.



    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hido moves to D1 and proceeded to chip at the wall to make Wooden Stakes.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    With a wicked grin, Asaelgash locks his gaze onto Delilah and inclines his head slightly. Striding towards the robed woman, he notes the quickly spreading cloud in the next room. Glancing down at his ruined clothes, Asaelgash tears a large portion free and ties it over his snout. Facing the woman, he seems to size her up and glances askance to the other members of the returned.

    "You would find me a more worthy gift by returning what's been taken from me. By our very deaths, and return to life, our right to demand has already been recognized. I do not think my Nuwa'jimos" Asaelgash spits this word out in Draconian, "would accept less."
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2016-10-15 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

    Extended Signature

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)



    Hearing the odd voice resounding in his head should have been the weirdest thing to ever happen to him, Yet haven woken from the dead still took the cake on the weird scale. "Don't think anyone would believe me if i told them of this damn voice, Well it said i could get some of my gear back at the Altar. Guess that's where I'm going to head to." Swiftly picking up the musket in one hand while still holding the sword in the other he makes his way over to the Altar. Looking up at the Altar he thought back to what that voice told him "Well, Let's see if im crazy or not."

    "Thane Kurick accepts The Trail, and requests his miscellaneous tools."

    Having said what the voice had spoken, he takes another look around for anything else that could be of use.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move Action: Pickup Musket
    Move Action: Moving from D13>D14>D15>D16>D17
    Free Action: Perception: (1d20+10)[15]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-16 at 01:25 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    The elf's breathing was laboured, she had not expected this twist in her current predicament. She managed an overly sweet smile when the priestess opened her mouth "Oh, why thank you, how lovely of you to notice. You should give it a try..." The last sentence came out as a snarl.

    Noting that she was successful at halting the progress of the figures in the corner, the witch turned her attention to their true threat which had yet to properly manifest itself before them. She casually sauntered up to the priestess and prepared herself for what was to come. She looked at what she hoped was a woman and decided to press her luck for some information about what the were about to face.

    "So any useful hints or tidbits, it seems you wish for dear old me to survive so giving me a little info on the situation wouldn't tamper with the trial since I still have to survive it."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    diplomacy? (1d20+11)[30] moving to E7 and if I am able I will ready an action (hex) if the thing comes in close
    Blarg...

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)






    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.




    Spoiler: A Weapon of Sorts - Asaelgash's Weapon
    Show

    Asaelgash's broken bed-leg functions as an Improvised Club. However, due to the weight and difficult handling. It gains a -1 Penalty to hit and +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage. This penalty stacks with those applied normally from wielding an Improvised Weapon.


    Spoiler: Archive - Checks
    Show


    Spoiler: The Pale Lady (Thane Knowledge Religion - Success)
    Show

    - Journal Entries Received In Kintargo, dated the 1st day of Desnus; AR 4683 -

    First Entry
    Deep in the woods—any woods and every woods— lived a witch known as The Pale Lady or The Flower Mistress. So the song sang, but The Fair Lady was no witch at all, but a faerie queen—an evil faerie queen of The Winter Court. As you can imagine, the finer points of that distinction are lost on the peasant farmers who lose their children to her malicious ways. Her domain is sealed away most of the year, but every spring the veil between worlds is thin enough that the Pale Lady can send out her army of emaciated animal thralls to steal the sons of honest people in a grand ritual they do call, The Masque of Flowers. Animals are men—animals wear the skin of men, and children. Passing unnoticed before the eyes of the ignorant.

    Second Entry
    She is callous and cruel to human eyes, but in truth she simply has no more concern for men than men have for goats or chickens. They are domesticated beasts and little more. Only magicians and elves are worthy of her hospitality, and she is eager to host them should they heap the proper levels of flattery upon her glory. She never wears any adornment or clothing, save one piece. While entertaining she wears a simple crown woven from the thorns of a white rose bush. She does not understand the symbolism, only that it seems to be an important symbol to men and thus she has adopted it. She is a polyglot who fluently speaks a dozen human languages and even more nonhuman languages. She is faerie queen and peerless sorceress, who commands Words of Creation. She has a desire for power and considers herself a minor goddess—A notion not misplaced. For she is one of The Eldest. Goddess of The First World, and Queen among the fey-kind. She had previously endeavored greatly to find even more of these words, but, after finding (and learning) the first, she lost her stomach for it. She desperately seeks those schooled in the ways of the most ancients of magics, that she might resume her task to claim greater measures of this transcendental force.

    Third Entry
    Almost two years ago, one of those sons made it back.
    He spoke of how many of the children were taken away never to be seen again. He spoke of his grueling labor as a slave, working her vast fields of flowers. He spoke of emaciated rabbit men who acted as mute overseers, able to make no noise beyond a warbling scream. He also spoke of a vast cube of stone, sealed in the back chambers of the Great Hall, of vast riches, and of visiting magicians who made pacts with The Pale Lady for training in the dark arts. He learned the secret ways in and out of her domain. He has told all who will listen, but only the nuns of the abbey have ever believed him.

    The nuns of the abbey ask the wrong questions and pass unnoticed. They don't know I'm watching—I'm always watching.

    Fourth Entry
    More are returning—enchanted—enthralled. The nuns only come back once a year, and more children leave with them. What of the ritual, what of The Masque? Or perhaps, I've missed something, perhaps we all dance to her tune. She is cunning. The days of rabbit-men are over. Something darker lingers at the edge of my mind.

    Fifth Entry
    She's taken me. I couldn't have known. It was a trap. But she can't stop me now, even without The Flame. I went back in the past, though I couldn't find Raph'æl in time, I did the next best thing. I found Gal'bertel S'Sisery—The Witch of Undercity—the boy who returned. Vospher has to know. The Pathfinders will make it in time, before Seven-Arrows falls. Now that she has Mellyn—I fear for The Swallowfeld Children.

    ~ DEVIL MAKER


    Spoiler: BlackBlood Blight
    Show

    Asaelgash is covered with a blast of thick gore and is dealt 4 Points of Cold Damage
    In addition Asaelgash contracts BloodBlood Blight I:

    BlackBlood Blight I:
    Receiving Blight: Blight is inflicted in 'Stacks', represented by the current Blight's number. Each number applies an effect independently
    Removing Blight: Removing Blight requires a creature spend time cleaning the blood off of themselves. Consuming an action to clean removes all Stacks of Blight for Stacks below 4. Being Blighted makes receiving additional blight easier, as the DC becomes more difficult, and additional penalties or damage is applied. Penalties do not 'tick' until the end of the effected creature's round.

    I Stack: Swift Action
    II Stack: Move Action
    III Stack: Standard Action
    IV Stack: Full Round Action (Action Provokes)
    V Stack+: Full Round Action to Reduce Stack by 1 (Action Provokes)


    Spoiler: The Buried Hall - Main Chamber (Precarious Footing)
    Show


    Moving in the knee-deep soil is far too difficult to be done competently. The Main Chamber (Beginning at Row 7) counts as Difficult Terrain. However creatures may attempt to move full speed. Moving half speed requires a DC14 Acrobatics Check to safely move without tripping on buried debris. Failure knocks the creature prone. Moving below half speed requires no Check. For every 5ft traveled beyond half movement, the creature must attempt another Acrobatics Check with a Cumulative +1 to the DC of the Check. If the creature fails after moving 10ft or more beyond half their movement speed, they suffer 2 Points of Bludgeoning Damage as they trip on the stones and buried materials under the soil.

    - Creature's may attempt a DC20 Acrobatics Check to attempt a 5ft Step. If this check is failed, the movement is not completed and the creature falls prone in the square they are currently occupying.


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Post in any order, actions are resolved by the following stack:

    Thane: (1d20+4)[19] (1st)
    Asaelgash: (1d20)[19] (2nd)
    Delilah: (1d20+4)[18] (3rd)
    Hido: (1d20+8)[16] (4th)



    Thane trudged through the dirt and debris grabbing the elaborate rifle as he went. The weapon was lighter than he would have thought, it was a curious thing. As he stepped down from the elevated piles of dirt and corpses he took a good look at the thing, a name was depressed into the stick in a silver relief 'CORVAL', the voice had mentioned a man with that last name... He was sure it couldn't be mere coincidence.

    Stepping unto the massive partially buried prayer mat, he saw the deep black surface begin to turn and lighten with shades of green. The flood of mist crashed in around him, seemingly held at bay by some unexplainable field of force running around the consecrated ground. There was something unique about this place, the stature of the angelic figure of stone carved before him held a basin of burning blood filled with long and cruel looking spikes heated in basting flames. It was a young girls face while looked down upon him, almost life-like in its artistic quality. With no better option, he spoke the words...



    The mist was banished from about him. From before the alter a great void yawned open, consuming the world about them within its terrible black maw. A whirling stream of wind screamed out in deafening cacophony as if all the air in the plane were being sucked into the pitch-black vacuum of space. It keened and screeched in agonizing choir - then... silence. There were no walls. There was no mounds. No maggots. No corpses. No smoke. No creatures. No sound. They stood within a gazebo of clear crystal, surrounded by the infinite expanse of dim stars of emerald light. It was like that time. When they were falling. When they had died. A voice brought them back from the Infinite Stairs within Pharasma's court, back to the living. Dragging them out from the steel jaws of death. They each stood within that dark, under the gleam of countless green freckles of light. Sister Helen and the rest stood on nothing but the dark surface of space like each of the others except for Thane. Their positions had remained exactly as they were, as they had been within the corpse-house. Somewhere behind them, a younger girl stood within the deeper dark near where the corpses had been placed at rest. Her features were obscured, blurred like a portrait with the acrylics of a visage melted by heat of days under the sun. Her vestments were evidently clerical in nature, and a Wayfinder hung from her belt. The large staff in her hand ended with the markings similar to another woman standing before Thane. The deep gray of her cloak seemed to contrast the darkness. She lifted a gleaming lantern which burned with a rich sage light identical to the stars, as if the celestial body had been contained within the vessel. Her lips moved, but no voice reached his ears. Instead, the voice pierced through his being, soundlessly and without spoken phrases. The raw intent she wished to express was conveyed across some sympathetic cognitive reciprocation fabricated between them - he needed not hear words, such a thing seemed so inefficient - so trivial and flawed. He simply conceived that which she desired to speak.





















    With that final word a gleam of small light, like a firefly with that same eerie greenish glow flickered out and entered his chest. Quietly. Undramatically. He felt no different as the expanse of stars quickly dissolved leaving each of them back in the dirt-buried confines of the decaying building. Just like that, it was over. They could no be sure of what had just transpired, yet Sister Helen seemed to have not been phased in the slightest. The smoke had returned, though still held at bay by the sacred aura of the alter. Thane's miscellaneous equipment slowly materialized on the floor in two piles. The one nearest him was all of his carrying containers, his pack, belt pouches, his now-empty Efficient Quiver, and mounds of neatly arrayed arrows. Nothing was in its proper place, each item now individually freely laying upon the thick prayer mat. The second pile another 5ft away was al his other various items and tools. His eyes darted about trying to get a grasp on his surroundings once again, his eyes came upon a human femur that looked like it might due as a solid improvised club, but aside from that nothing stood out, almost all of his surroundings was completely obscured, as if by clouds. A deep and throaty cackle sounded from over his shoulder, as if some invisible entity were leering down upon him - he felt a breath, and the stench of warm rot tickle his ear before sliding away. The mocking laughter became a voice as something- someone, spoke out in a bestial tone.

    "Hehe.... Destroy, me? Amusing. Interesting... I knew I chose wisely. I shall let my children feast upon the others. How will you entertain me, I do wonder? L'Drada."

    "Do not bore me... Or I shall grind your bones into dust."



    Spoiler: Tempus Edax Rerum
    Show


    Devouring Time

    The L'Drada has learned the fundamental innate abilities of the Mylthar Draeval, a sentient time-destroying Calamity.

    ✥ The L'Drada may now deal damage to an Aegisir or other Ascendant Creature normally. The L'Drada is treated as possessing a Mythic Tier equal to half their Character Levels for determining effects and bypassing DR/Epic. Mythic Effects which negate the abilities of non-mythic creatures do not effect L'Drada. Effects which only target non-mythic creatures cannot effect L'Drada. For all purposes in resolving such abilities, L'Drada function as Mythic Creatures, and this Mythic Tiered resistance stacks with any actual Mythic Tiers the L'Drada possesses. L'Drada gain the Divergent Subtype.

    ✥ The L'Drada may retain both pools of Perdition and Condemnation which may be spent on acquired abilities.

    ✥ The L'Drada begins play with the 1st Level Mylthar Draeval ability: Tempus Edax Rerum

    Tempus Edax Rerum (Ex): As a Standard Action the Mylthar Draeval may attempt an Ego Check versus the current plane he is on. If he is a native of the plane which he is attempting this check, the DC is reduced by half (Ego DC: 10+1d100). Each time he attempts a new Ego Check versus the plane, he receives a +10 Circumstance Bonus, but all subsequent checks after the first are as a Full Round Action. Upon success, the Mylthar Draeval has a 50% chance of creating either a Calamity Key or Apocalypse Key. Each key is a sentient artifact with a will of its own and cannot be destroyed by any means L'Drada or Aegisir can control. The Mylthar Draeval cannot communicate with the Key, but if it chooses to, it may communicate with him. The Mylthar Draeval is given a single sentence or phrase which encompasses the Key's objective or personality in addition to if the Key targets either the Past or Future. Each Key can only be activated by being used in a DEVIL DOOR. Upon use the Key creates Divergence and functions as a Greater Wish spell. The Wish cannot target a specific creature or entity unless the Key's objective targets a specific entity, if so, it does so by default.

    ✥ Calamity Key's will attempt to provide the closest possible outcome to the L'Drada's Wish within its objective and persona, but the Wish will be negated after a random amount of time as a second persona of the Key is created after use called a Calamity Edge. This second persona is a duplicate of the activated Calamity Key which is actively working against all objectives of the original Key and is granted a Wish of its own upon creation. An activated Calamity Key and its Calamity Edge always negate each other in the end, often leaving untold suffering in its wake. The Calamity Key and Calamity Edge are part of the same persona and share all memories and knowledge as they work to destroy one another in a contest neither can win.

    ✥ Apocalypse Key's are inherently evil and wicked creations, born of a maleficence and malignant persona. Each Key is different, but will come in one of two forms. The Apocalypse Key will actively work to assist the L'Drada to ensure it is activated, and reward him with his wish - while bringing about terrors and doom which will threaten to consume existence within the plane. Or, alternatively, actively lie and betray the L'Drada for its own destructive ends. This form of Key can disguise itself as another persona, objective, or even another form of key, such as a Calamity Key. Apocalypse Key's are exceedingly dangerous because of this and due to their power and elusive nature, it is impossible for Lesser Mylthar Draeval to even know what evils they are ushering into the world.

    Each key possesses boons which they may grant to the Mylthar Draeval unique to them. In addition to their own unique Ego Checks. Each Key is competing against one another, and only 1 of each Key may be created upon a plane at a single time. Keys may be lost or stolen by other Mylthar Draeval, or the Key may abandon their creator in search of another Mylthar Draeval if they suspect one may exist. Keys are not physical objects, but may be stolen by other Mylthar Draeval with a Key Calling Combat Maneuver. This is a Combat Maneuver with a range of 10ft, and uses the Mylthar Draeval's CMB. If it exceeds or meets the targets CMD the Mylthar Draeval may steal a single Key. Boons are not lost for loosing a Key, but are lost if the Key retracts its own blessing. A Key cannot grant its various blessings multiple times, but only has a handful of unique enhancements and powers it may grant to a single creature. Keys will usually grant these benefits to those they feel are most likely to assist them in accomplishing their objective.

    As Keys can determine the mode of communication between themselves and their host, and if two-way communication is even possible - Skill Checks against them are normally not possible, and an Ego Check must be attempted in its place unless otherwise stated. Unless the Mylthar Draeval possesses an ability to identify a Key's true type, only DEVIL MAKER can identify a key with absolute accuracy. This ability may be used to create a Key on the current plane a number of times per day equal to 3 + the Creatures' HD.




    The Lizardman was back in the halls after the sudden cosmic displacement, those around him seemed equally confused by the sudden shift in planar existence only to be suddenly returned. He'd spoken the words, but he had almost forgotten what he'd said after the world-shaking bend in the recognizable. The nun gestured out to the smoke filled room, billowing clouds had begun to filter through the holes and gaping spaces in the walls filling the back of the room with the mist. "As you can see, that much is within your own power. If you are brave enough... Strong enough, to claim it and take back what is your own. Your hesitant response is the only thing to blame now for the vast difference between you and him. " Her outstretched out pointed out at the streams of diminishing emerald light which pierced the smoke briefly like bolts of electric energy. Hido shook his head, he was confused but he didn't let it diminish his focus. His kunai stabbed into the wood, again and again. The rotting wood cracked and chipped off a wooden stake. The wood was bad, vary bad. But it was something. He pryed the stake off the wall looking it over. It would have to do.

    Spoiler: Hido's Wooden Stake
    Show

    The wood is incredibly rotted out, making the thing fragile to the point of almost being unfit to be used as a weapon.

    The Wooden Stake functions as a (Wooden Stake) and is not an improvised weapon:
    1d4 x2 10 ft. 1 lb. P - Special: 75% Chance to be destroyed after use


    Sister Helen gave a soft smile at Delilah's words, they were evidently well received. "Yes, I'm sure Our Fair Lady would be pleased to receive an individual much like yourself. The Pale Sisters exist to aid those chosen to compete for her favor and facilitate The Dark Speaker's Burdens and Trials. We have every liberty to provide you information at our own discretion. Some more than others... " She glanced at the lizard. "The smoke is noxious and caustic to living material. Your lizard-companion does have the right idea. Breathing in the fumes can render creatures unconscious, or if left in the miasma for long enough, death. That man, Thane Kurick faces possibly the most dire of threats - an immortal magician named Visionary. His beasts, The Wolves of Timberline are what linger in the mists - soon to be upon you. Treacherous beasts which guard and prowl The Pasture keeping the Children in-line and other creatures out. Their bones and claws are as metal. Their blood, black as tar. They do not tire. Nor rest. They do not ill, nor think. They follow the orders of their master with unerring precision and are filled with only hunger. Wretched creatures to be sure, but they are no better than beasts... They fear fire and are dangerously vulnerable to flame, but without Candlelight's aid that is likely no longer a concern any longer. This Trial is to defeat these beasts, not Visionary. Though if he were to fall the beasts would as well. Though that would be a far more difficult task - he would not have revealed himself had his interest not been piqued." She pointed at the barely visible alter. "Speak your name and the words '-accepts The Trail, and requests her..' - you may ask to be returned a weapon, an article of armor, or all of your items which are not either of those two, much like your friend. I recommend you decide quickly, the choice will soon be lost. There is no safety from the creatures here."

    It was so subtle, no one truly noticed the girl tip-toeing past them. She was laughably short, almost childlike with the visage of a doll. Her clerical vestments were crisp and impeccably clean despite the dirt. It was her. The one lingering at the edge of the darkness of the cold lifeless vacuum of stars without a face. Her attire gave her petite form the appearance of a bell, with her feet barely visible trudging through the muck. Though Thane didn't see her, he could feel her. She tip-toed around the big lizard while hefting around a large prayer rod inscribed with numerous shifting words in a strange languages which fluctuated and slithered as if they were not physically carved into the surface but played along it in an animated dance. Sister Helen's face filled with confusion as her brow furrowed "....Impossible, how could-" The short girl raised her staff into the air and released it as it spun to life pinned in place as it seemed to take on life. "Amarillis, if you would. Banish this dismal shade." A whirl of condensing light crashed into existence blowing the smoke about her away in a sphere of semi-physical light that swirled about like wind. She pointed above her and the staff belched forth a small sphere which erupted into the blazing luminescence of a star. A cascading nova of burning light washed over the buried halls and rooms, piercing both walls and their eye lids to burn itself into their retinas as the sun's rays vanquished the fog and revealed sinister beasts lurking under its once-protective cover. Their features were hardly visible, but their lumber quadruped forms fitted with massive ripping muscles and a maw fitted with teeth as large as daggers was evident... The enemy had been revealed. In the dizzying blast of light Thane could see the fierce creature looming in the corner by the alter, waiting for a chance to strike - but then the light stole his vision. They all recoiled in pain as the massive blast blinded them, some more than others. The creatures stumbled about, dazed from the sudden flash. Delilah could feel the mist strike her as it roiled in, only to be swept aside and dispelled by standing within the edge of the whirling tempest of wind-light. The sting of the mist was painful and further evidenced by the lizardman besides her. Some of his scales had begun to crack as the acidic cloud burned at him.

    Though Kurick was blind and reeling from the burning gleam that seared itself into the back of his retinas. Though the world was dark and spinning, filled with dipping prismatic shapes, blurred and spinning. He could make out the formless golden silhouette of the girl - The Calamity Key. Her name was....

    Spoiler: Ascendant Daylight
    Show

    All creatures within the 120 ft blast are blinded for 1 round. Creatures with Darkvision are blinded for an additional 1d6 Rounds. Creatures with Low-Light Vision are blinded for an additional 1d4 Rounds. Creatures which can dismiss their source of Darkvision or Low-Light Vision suffer this duration while that vision-effect is active, but do not suffer the blinded condition while using normal vision. Creatures without eyes are not effected by this spell.



    [Asaelgash] Mist Exposure (1 Round - Masked): [1 Point of Acid Damage]



    [Round 6 Begins] - Players Win Initiative!

    [STANDARD MAP]



    Spoiler: Expanded Map
    Show











  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Hido Asmodel


    Hido recoiled from the bright light and instinctively threw a hand over his eyes as the red drained from his eyes, slowly changing them back to a dull gray. He slowly lowered his hand as his eyes were starting to adjust while he looked towards the sudden light. The acidic mist seems to be warded off thanks to the light and judging from the hiss of the Lizard's scales he had to move quickly. He secured the cloth around his mouth and tucked his arms in as he ran through the mist, gritting his teeth as he hurried towards the glowing orb of light."When is the latest we can accept this challenge? Don't really feel like grabbing my gear while getting bitten by hounds.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hido moves to D8
    (1d20+8)[14] vs. DC14
    (1d20+8)[13] vs. DC15
    Last edited by Almighty Eevee; 2016-10-17 at 07:28 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)



    "Aegisir, L'Drada, what the hell is that? F*ck it whatever will figure that out later, for now i gotta kill these creatures where ever they are." Sensing something moving from where he had come he turned slightly only to be met with a blinding light. As he turned back to shield himself from it he caught sight of the hound like creature at the edge of the altar. Then all was white, unable to see he moved slowly positioning himself below the bags that had once carried all his gear. Dropping the sword to the ground he lifted the musket up to his should and aimed at where the creature was. Feeling he had a good aim on the creature despite not seeing it he pulled the trigger of the musket.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Free Action: 5ft step from D17>E18
    Standard Action: Shoot at Creature in CA1 with musket - (1d20+3)[5] - 50% miss chance Calling high to hit (1d100)[28]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-17 at 07:54 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Delilah's smile soured... She really didn't want to join this bloody cult but at this point in time she didn't have much choice in the matter since she needed any edge to survive this nightmare.

    She bit the inside of her cheek as she spewed out the hateful words in the most sarcastic tone possible "Oh great and powerful Pale Lady on the First World, I humbly accept your offer and step upon the path of thr trail... Now goddamit gimme something to shoot these bloody wolves!"

    She glared at the thing south of her, conjuring the negative forces of the world and focusing it upon the creature in hopes of wrecking its day before stepping back into the other room.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Misfortune hex on wolf that is dirextly below her then moving 10ft to her left
    Blarg...

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    A sharp cry cuts through the air as Asaelgash's eyes are blinded. The brilliance defied any attempt he made to protect himself from it and the club came up in front of him instinctively. With an unsteady left claw, Asaelgash struggled to stay on his feet and clutched onto the bed post closest to him. Once that single point of stability was found, his grip shifts slightly on the makeshift weapon. A savage snarl builds in his mind and erupts from his mouth in defiance of the piercing light that stole his vision. The club comes up suddenly and hisses through the air, warding off any who dared approach.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Asaelgash steadies himself against the bed frame at E2, before lashing out at E3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

    Extended Signature

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)






    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.




    Spoiler: A Weapon of Sorts - Asaelgash's Weapon
    Show

    Asaelgash's broken bed-leg functions as an Improvised Club. However, due to the weight and difficult handling. It gains a -1 Penalty to hit and +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage. This penalty stacks with those applied normally from wielding an Improvised Weapon.


    Spoiler: Archive - Checks
    Show


    Spoiler: The Pale Lady (Thane Knowledge Religion - Success)
    Show

    - Journal Entries Received In Kintargo, dated the 1st day of Desnus; AR 4683 -

    First Entry
    Deep in the woods—any woods and every woods— lived a witch known as The Pale Lady or The Flower Mistress. So the song sang, but The Fair Lady was no witch at all, but a faerie queen—an evil faerie queen of The Winter Court. As you can imagine, the finer points of that distinction are lost on the peasant farmers who lose their children to her malicious ways. Her domain is sealed away most of the year, but every spring the veil between worlds is thin enough that the Pale Lady can send out her army of emaciated animal thralls to steal the sons of honest people in a grand ritual they do call, The Masque of Flowers. Animals are men—animals wear the skin of men, and children. Passing unnoticed before the eyes of the ignorant.

    Second Entry
    She is callous and cruel to human eyes, but in truth she simply has no more concern for men than men have for goats or chickens. They are domesticated beasts and little more. Only magicians and elves are worthy of her hospitality, and she is eager to host them should they heap the proper levels of flattery upon her glory. She never wears any adornment or clothing, save one piece. While entertaining she wears a simple crown woven from the thorns of a white rose bush. She does not understand the symbolism, only that it seems to be an important symbol to men and thus she has adopted it. She is a polyglot who fluently speaks a dozen human languages and even more nonhuman languages. She is faerie queen and peerless sorceress, who commands Words of Creation. She has a desire for power and considers herself a minor goddess—A notion not misplaced. For she is one of The Eldest. Goddess of The First World, and Queen among the fey-kind. She had previously endeavored greatly to find even more of these words, but, after finding (and learning) the first, she lost her stomach for it. She desperately seeks those schooled in the ways of the most ancients of magics, that she might resume her task to claim greater measures of this transcendental force.

    Third Entry
    Almost two years ago, one of those sons made it back.
    He spoke of how many of the children were taken away never to be seen again. He spoke of his grueling labor as a slave, working her vast fields of flowers. He spoke of emaciated rabbit men who acted as mute overseers, able to make no noise beyond a warbling scream. He also spoke of a vast cube of stone, sealed in the back chambers of the Great Hall, of vast riches, and of visiting magicians who made pacts with The Pale Lady for training in the dark arts. He learned the secret ways in and out of her domain. He has told all who will listen, but only the nuns of the abbey have ever believed him.

    The nuns of the abbey ask the wrong questions and pass unnoticed. They don't know I'm watching—I'm always watching.

    Fourth Entry
    More are returning—enchanted—enthralled. The nuns only come back once a year, and more children leave with them. What of the ritual, what of The Masque? Or perhaps, I've missed something, perhaps we all dance to her tune. She is cunning. The days of rabbit-men are over. Something darker lingers at the edge of my mind.

    Fifth Entry
    She's taken me. I couldn't have known. It was a trap. But she can't stop me now, even without The Flame. I went back in the past, though I couldn't find Raph'æl in time, I did the next best thing. I found Gal'bertel S'Sisery—The Witch of Undercity—the boy who returned. Vospher has to know. The Pathfinders will make it in time, before Seven-Arrows falls. Now that she has Mellyn—I fear for The Swallowfeld Children.

    ~ DEVIL MAKER


    Spoiler: BlackBlood Blight
    Show

    Asaelgash is covered with a blast of thick gore and is dealt 4 Points of Cold Damage
    In addition Asaelgash contracts BloodBlood Blight I:

    BlackBlood Blight I:
    Receiving Blight: Blight is inflicted in 'Stacks', represented by the current Blight's number. Each number applies an effect independently
    Removing Blight: Removing Blight requires a creature spend time cleaning the blood off of themselves. Consuming an action to clean removes all Stacks of Blight for Stacks below 4. Being Blighted makes receiving additional blight easier, as the DC becomes more difficult, and additional penalties or damage is applied. Penalties do not 'tick' until the end of the effected creature's round.

    I Stack: Swift Action
    II Stack: Move Action
    III Stack: Standard Action
    IV Stack: Full Round Action (Action Provokes)
    V Stack+: Full Round Action to Reduce Stack by 1 (Action Provokes)


    Spoiler: The Buried Hall - Main Chamber (Precarious Footing)
    Show


    Moving in the knee-deep soil is far too difficult to be done competently. The Main Chamber (Beginning at Row 7) counts as Difficult Terrain. However creatures may attempt to move full speed. Moving half speed requires a DC14 Acrobatics Check to safely move without tripping on buried debris. Failure knocks the creature prone. Moving below half speed requires no Check. For every 5ft traveled beyond half movement, the creature must attempt another Acrobatics Check with a Cumulative +1 to the DC of the Check. If the creature fails after moving 10ft or more beyond half their movement speed, they suffer 2 Points of Bludgeoning Damage as they trip on the stones and buried materials under the soil.

    - Creature's may attempt a DC20 Acrobatics Check to attempt a 5ft Step. If this check is failed, the movement is not completed and the creature falls prone in the square they are currently occupying.


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Post in any order, actions are resolved by the following stack:

    Thane: (1d20+4)[19] (1st)
    Asaelgash: (1d20)[19] (2nd)
    Delilah: (1d20+4)[18] (3rd)
    Hido: (1d20+8)[16] (4th)


    The short cleric trudged forward as the whirling light around her slowly begun to diminish in size. Her short stature did little to aid her in crossing the rough and slick patches of tainted earth but she moved forward with purpose stopping where she could and continuing where she may. She turned around while producing a silver stake shaped in the image of a veiled praying figure. With a sharp motion she tossed the figurine at the witch's feet. A second orb of wind-light, wider than the first.

    Thane reeled back from the blinding flash but could recall where he had seen the strange toothy beast. He stepped out to the side drawing a line of sight with the place the thing had been patiently waiting to spring upon him, leveling the weapon, briefly stopping to steady the barrel. He pulled the trigger-


    People. Faces. Nameless places. They all came tumbling into his mind like some roiling stream, as if a sudden bout of amnesia had been lifted- but he could not recall any of these things. As if he looked through the eyes of someone else, another him, he witnessed a great deal of woe. Sadness filling his thoughts for some unknowable misery visited upon himself and those he knew. A field of graves under dismal skies left him choking and gagging for breath, the knot in his throat wouldn't budge. His hands shook and the weapon didn't discharge a round. The hammer fell and struck something with a jarring blue spark and nothing more.

    Asaelgash swung his stick blindly in a stupor. The lizardman's skin burned and cracked. Lines of dead flesh begun to trace its way up and down his arms and scales flaked and fell from his flesh as the air burnt him. It had begun becoming difficult to breath through the smog and his vicious-wild motions only served to aggravate the condition. He felt a wearyness creep into his limbs, a subtle sluggishness easy to dismiss, but evident.

    [Asaelgash] Mist Exposure (2 Round - Masked): [1 Point of Acid Damage] & [Speed Reduced 5 ft]

    Delilah called forth the subtle energies which she commanded gesturing with a stern gaze at the shape of the dark murderous creature slinking forward through the mist. Though her vision was blotted and distorted from the flash, she remember where it had been well enough. A silent hum followed by a dim gleam washed over the beast. It shook its heavy body, stopping briefly as the energy was dissolved seemingly without the slightest hint of effect. The smog roiled in further, she could feel the moisture in the air move past her . The new orb of moving light kept the burning fumes at bay for now, but by how it felt. She imagined it would begin to shrink and diminish in a short time as well. Then she would burn, just the same. Sister Helen shook her head. "...I'm afraid you've thoroughly failed in your phrasing. Any less or more than what I have spoken will render your decree invalid, but you may only accept the trail upon standing before the alter... Unfortunately, you've other problems now." Her comment was somewhat cold and dismissive as if her opportunity had already come and gone.

    The assassin scampered forward. He'd made it a point to take good measure of the room and commit it to memory before he'd been blinded, but that seemed like it may have been less of an issue versus the burning fumes fastly flooding the room. He dashed off in the direction of the cleric. He kicked off into the mounds of soil of the room, hurtling over large stones and debris before slipping and tumbling down into the soil where he was intending to stop. The cleric looked down at him "...As long as you're alive, you've the opportunity. Perhaps, you may be of some help. There is a beast upon the alter, destroy it!" She pointed down at the masked man, the heavy staff twitched and spun to life scooping him up and tossing him away towards the alter as a gurgling creature lunged out at Thane. The monstrous looking thing was heavy flapping fur and skin placed over the frame of preserved and sickly muscle and calcified bone which gleamed like steel. Hido's vision had already begun to return to him. Though his sight was filled with blue spots, that didn't detract from the vision of a wild bloody eyed creature crashing into the Aasimar. It crashed into the ground from its perch at the side of the alter, wildly flailing blindly in deathly fury, kicking up small items and tossing them about. Fangs, claws, and wild movement smashed into the black winged man throwing him to the ground. The creature's dripping maw found a firm grasp on his arm, its body coiled and thrashed left and right to tear into flesh. Thick black ooze dripped from tainted dagger-like teeth. Blood spurt from the puncture wound which dug into Thane's arm, but the pain manageable, until-

    Every tendon in his body stood on end. Each muscle tightened until sharply taught. His mind reeled and his eyes rolled back into his head as the waves of agony beat him into paralysis. His limbs begun to grotesquely twitch and spasm. He rolled on the ground as every nerve misfired and contorted him strangely in a twitching writhing ball of blood. Frothy suds ran down his chin and his head twitched back and forth in either direction as the toxic sludge blackened the skin where he had been bitten. The foam from his mouth mixed with the blood from his nose and eyes as his figure suddenly broke into sharp convulsions. Hido couldn't help but flinch at the disturbing sight as the wild beast torn into the feathered man before casting its cold dead gleaming eyes at him.

    Spoiler: Thane Status
    Show

    ~ Paralyzed: 4/4 Rounds
    ~ Blind: 3/3 Rounds
    ~ Prone


    Sister Helen's words seemed to hold some kind of meaning, but it didn't take long to understand. The distant vision of the pouncing creature and the terrible fate of the angel-blooded man seemed like a horror which would soon be visited upon her as a wild snarling beast came crashing from around the corner and into her. Its massive jaw snapped and snarled but the monstrocity fumbled around blindly, rolling and growling, clawing at everything almost like the lizardman. The creature found its footing, sniffing the air before belching forth a sinister snarl. The black ooze from its rabid maw hissed as it touched the ground, freezing the soil and rock beneath its feet.

    Spoiler: Blinded Status
    Show

    Creatures who don't roll their rounds of blindness will be given the maximum duration for their form of vision.


    Spoiler: Caustic Fog - Perception DC15 or DC20
    Show

    The acidic fog seems to be having other effects in the room.
    - Creatures in the room may make a DC15 Perception
    - Creatures outside the room may make a DC20 Perception

    Upon success you realize the maggots are beginning to dissolve due to the acidic air, leaving pools of black blood to seep into the soil.



    [Round 6 Begins] - Players Win Initiative!


    [STANDARD MAP]



    Spoiler: Room Focus
    Show



    Spoiler: Alter Focus
    Show



  27. - Top - End - #27
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Asaelgash blinks rapidly as his sight gradually returns to him. Although the air is thick with poisonous fumes, he can make out the form of a wolf squaring off against the witch. A smile creeps across his reptilian face and his eyes show his eagerness. Now this is more like it! Wolves had, and always would seem to be, an issue in the swamp where Asaelgash's tribe lived. They could be an issue in large numbers, and it was rare to ever catch one on its own like this. With so little on hand, it seemed as though they would eat well tonight. The wolf's pelt could also form some value without his customary armor on hand. Roaring a challenge, Asaelgash thunders forward towards his prey, salivating at the thought of roast wolf once again. After a few steps, though, the form of the wolf started to shift drastically. The fur seemed too large for the form that wore it, and bones and muscles seemed to prod out of it from the wrong angles. As the last of his vision cleared, Asaelgash realized just how foolish he was to think a wolf would be down here amidst other horrors. This creature, though out of a nightmare, was simply the perverted dream of a deranged mage.

    He had known far greater horrors and had no fear of this one. With no more reason to protect the pelt from damage, Asaelgash drops the club behind the witch, in case she needed to do more than wave her hands around. Armed only with the tools he was born with, Asaelgash closed the last few steps and struck hard at the beast.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move to D5, dropping the club at D4. Using Combat Expertise for -1 Att/+1 AC and attack E-6.
    Bite - (1d20+7)[12]
    Lefty - (1d20+7)[9]
    Righty - (1d20+7)[26]

    Bite - (1d3+5)[6]
    Lefty - (1d2+5)[6]
    [roll=Righty]1d2+5[roll]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

    Extended Signature

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)



    Hido flinched at the sight of the grotesque sight in front of him. Once he got a hold of his nerves he noticed it seemed the creature was acting on instict as if it were still blinded by the light from before. Moving quickly he stood over the downed Aasimar and swung his kunai at the Ghoul, hoping to put it to rest once more.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Attack (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage (1d4+4)[6]
    Sneak Attack Damage (2d6)[9]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)

    Delilah yelped as the searing light burned her sensitive eyes, which caused her already not so stellar mood to further plummet, but she kept somewhat calm. Taking a step back she glared again at the wolf, adding her own growing malice to the over all effect.

    She growled to the lizard "About bloody time you decided to come over and do something."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    5ft step back and redo misfortune DC16 will save... who knows may get lucky for once.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2016-10-20 at 11:51 PM.
    Blarg...

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Time As Surrogate Religion (IC)






    Spoiler: Bagged & Tagged
    Show

    Characters are tightly bound within their respective body-bags. The tight straps are restraining the limbs and preventing further movement. Status: Characters are Blind & Helpless

    - As a Full Round Action You may Attempt a DC16 Strength Check or DC16 Escape Artist check. Failure grants you a cumulative +1 bonus to the respective Check attempted as you begin to loosen your bonds.

    Spoiler: On Success
    Show


    Upon success Character notice they are wearing the exact cloths they had wore during their murder. Terrible cuts from over two dozen knife wounds have left your cloths shredded and torn: (Cloths have the Broken condition, and grant none of their respective benefits if they possess any. Cloths may be mended by needle and thread with 2 hours of work, or with a DC20 Profession (Tailor) Check.)

    Unarmed & Dangerous
    Characters do not have any of their equipment, to include armor and weapons.
    Characters retain 1 small item secreted away on their person, or just overlooked (this may be a Familiar or Spellbook).

    Primal Surge
    Characters with access to a Spell List may attempt a DC20 Spellcraft Check or DC20 Knowledge: Arcana Check, revealing something strange lingering in the air. Characters without a Spell List cannot attempt these Checks.

    Other Bodies
    11 other body bags lay upon the dozen molding beds through out the room. Some are beginning to move. You may free another creature as a Standard Action.

    The Dirt Room
    the 60ft long, 25ft wide room you awake in looks like its fit to be condemned. The walls are covered with black mold and the paint has long ago peeled away revealing ugly weeping rust and termite infested wood. 12 beds fill the room, 6 on each side. A number of bodies on the left-side of the room are beginning to stir - faceless amorphous body-bags of dirt covered white burlap tied with thick bands of the same rotting material. The ground is covered with thick dirt, as if the interior of this building had been converted into some kind of greenhouse for the dead. The lighting is incredibly dim (Low-Light/Dim Light) with only a small ray of illumination creeping in from the hall at the end of the room. The north-side of the room's right side leads out into the rest of the building, but the 10ft space is partially blocked by a poorly placed bed which a still corpse-bag rests. The dirt looks remarkably higher and far more unruly outside of the room, but its difficult to make out anything else, as the source of light is unnaturally angled, perhaps by mirrors. The screams still sound from further inside.

    Spoiler: Not Undead, But Unliving
    Show


    You are pale of skin and covered with stitched wounds. While not undead, you could easily be confused with a walking corpse...


    Hungerless
    Character's are not Undead Creatures, and gain no benefits specific to undead. However, they will not die of starvation or thirst. Refraining from eating or drinking will Fatigue and Exhaust you normally, but you will suffer no lethal damage from this condition. Instead damage which would be received is non-lethal, but may not exceed your Hit Points. This damage will only leave you Staggered, but will render you unconscious if additional Non-lethal damage is accrued from another source. Non-lethal damage becomes lethal damage as normal if it exceeds your maximum Hit Point total.

    Undead Resilience
    Dying once has made you more difficult to kill. Your maximum Hit Points is increases by 3. Every Hit Die gained beyond 3rd increases this bonus by 1. Additionally when reduced below 0 Hit Points you naturally begin to heal: Every 3 Rounds the Character naturally recovers 1 Hit Point until 0 Hit Points is reached. This is a regenerative effect.

    Lessened Life-Essence
    You are not undead and are not healed by Negative Energy. If you are healed by Negative Energy normally, this feature is lost and replaced with this one: Characters are only healed by half from sources of Positive Energy (rounded down - minimum 1). Similarly, your resistance versus negative energy effects has increased: You receive a +4 Racial Bonus against Ability Drain, Death Effects, Disease, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy effects.




    Spoiler: A Weapon of Sorts - Asaelgash's Weapon
    Show

    Asaelgash's broken bed-leg functions as an Improvised Club. However, due to the weight and difficult handling. It gains a -1 Penalty to hit and +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage. This penalty stacks with those applied normally from wielding an Improvised Weapon.


    Spoiler: Archive - Checks
    Show


    Spoiler: The Pale Lady (Thane Knowledge Religion - Success)
    Show

    - Journal Entries Received In Kintargo, dated the 1st day of Desnus; AR 4683 -

    First Entry
    Deep in the woods—any woods and every woods— lived a witch known as The Pale Lady or The Flower Mistress. So the song sang, but The Fair Lady was no witch at all, but a faerie queen—an evil faerie queen of The Winter Court. As you can imagine, the finer points of that distinction are lost on the peasant farmers who lose their children to her malicious ways. Her domain is sealed away most of the year, but every spring the veil between worlds is thin enough that the Pale Lady can send out her army of emaciated animal thralls to steal the sons of honest people in a grand ritual they do call, The Masque of Flowers. Animals are men—animals wear the skin of men, and children. Passing unnoticed before the eyes of the ignorant.

    Second Entry
    She is callous and cruel to human eyes, but in truth she simply has no more concern for men than men have for goats or chickens. They are domesticated beasts and little more. Only magicians and elves are worthy of her hospitality, and she is eager to host them should they heap the proper levels of flattery upon her glory. She never wears any adornment or clothing, save one piece. While entertaining she wears a simple crown woven from the thorns of a white rose bush. She does not understand the symbolism, only that it seems to be an important symbol to men and thus she has adopted it. She is a polyglot who fluently speaks a dozen human languages and even more nonhuman languages. She is faerie queen and peerless sorceress, who commands Words of Creation. She has a desire for power and considers herself a minor goddess—A notion not misplaced. For she is one of The Eldest. Goddess of The First World, and Queen among the fey-kind. She had previously endeavored greatly to find even more of these words, but, after finding (and learning) the first, she lost her stomach for it. She desperately seeks those schooled in the ways of the most ancients of magics, that she might resume her task to claim greater measures of this transcendental force.

    Third Entry
    Almost two years ago, one of those sons made it back.
    He spoke of how many of the children were taken away never to be seen again. He spoke of his grueling labor as a slave, working her vast fields of flowers. He spoke of emaciated rabbit men who acted as mute overseers, able to make no noise beyond a warbling scream. He also spoke of a vast cube of stone, sealed in the back chambers of the Great Hall, of vast riches, and of visiting magicians who made pacts with The Pale Lady for training in the dark arts. He learned the secret ways in and out of her domain. He has told all who will listen, but only the nuns of the abbey have ever believed him.

    The nuns of the abbey ask the wrong questions and pass unnoticed. They don't know I'm watching—I'm always watching.

    Fourth Entry
    More are returning—enchanted—enthralled. The nuns only come back once a year, and more children leave with them. What of the ritual, what of The Masque? Or perhaps, I've missed something, perhaps we all dance to her tune. She is cunning. The days of rabbit-men are over. Something darker lingers at the edge of my mind.

    Fifth Entry
    She's taken me. I couldn't have known. It was a trap. But she can't stop me now, even without The Flame. I went back in the past, though I couldn't find Raph'æl in time, I did the next best thing. I found Gal'bertel S'Sisery—The Witch of Undercity—the boy who returned. Vospher has to know. The Pathfinders will make it in time, before Seven-Arrows falls. Now that she has Mellyn—I fear for The Swallowfeld Children.

    ~ DEVIL MAKER


    Spoiler: The Buried Hall - Main Chamber (Precarious Footing)
    Show


    Moving in the knee-deep soil is far too difficult to be done competently. The Main Chamber (Beginning at Row 7) counts as Difficult Terrain. However creatures may attempt to move full speed. Moving half speed requires a DC14 Acrobatics Check to safely move without tripping on buried debris. Failure knocks the creature prone. Moving below half speed requires no Check. For every 5ft traveled beyond half movement, the creature must attempt another Acrobatics Check with a Cumulative +1 to the DC of the Check. If the creature fails after moving 10ft or more beyond half their movement speed, they suffer 2 Points of Bludgeoning Damage as they trip on the stones and buried materials under the soil.

    - Creature's may attempt a DC20 Acrobatics Check to attempt a 5ft Step. If this check is failed, the movement is not completed and the creature falls prone in the square they are currently occupying.


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Post in any order, actions are resolved by the following stack:

    Thane: (1d20+4)[19] (1st)
    Asaelgash: (1d20)[19] (2nd)
    Delilah: (1d20+4)[18] (3rd)
    Hido: (1d20+8)[16] (4th)


    Spoiler: Thane Status
    Show

    ~ Paralyzed: 3/4 Rounds
    ~ Blind: 2/3 Rounds
    ~ Prone


    Thane continued to squirm uncontrollably on the ground as if possessed. The darkened cursed flesh on his arm seemed to deepen as the putrid inky gel seeped into his veins causing them to pulse strangely under his skin. The kicking and thrashing as the beast loomed over him was a strange sight. The large reptilian beast hulked across the room, tossing the massive club to the side as he snapped out at the flailing beast with his snarling jaw. He bite down into the mangy creature and shook his jaw in bloodied glee. His teeth and gums soaked in the black goo and the taste of decay and bile filled his mouth with a chilling frost. He reeled back as the gelatinous fluid covered his mouth and face filling him with pain. Releasing the creature from his jaw, it staggered and swayed as it bled from the holes piercing its rotting face, but that did little to alleviate the simple fact, the blood was dangerous.

    Spoiler: BlackBlood Blight (Asaelgash)
    Show

    Asaelgash is covered with a blast of thick gore and is dealt 1 Point of Cold Damage
    In addition Asaelgash contracts BloodBlood Blight I:

    BlackBlood Blight I:
    Receiving Blight: Blight is inflicted in 'Stacks', represented by the current Blight's number. Each number applies an effect independently
    Removing Blight: Removing Blight requires a creature spend time cleaning the blood off of themselves. Consuming an action to clean removes all Stacks of Blight for Stacks below 4. Being Blighted makes receiving additional blight easier, as the DC becomes more difficult, and additional penalties or damage is applied. Penalties do not 'tick' until the end of the effected creature's round.

    I Stack: Swift Action
    II Stack: Move Action
    III Stack: Standard Action
    IV Stack: Full Round Action
    V Stack+: Full Round Action to Reduce Stack by 1


    Delilah slid back in hasty retreat, the snapping beast snarled and gargled blood from the wound as Asaelgash recoiled from the chilling retaliation to his bite. She waved out a hand as gouts of darkened light simmered out from shade into the world. The beast twitched as its shadow seemed to lighten and distort oddly as the pseudo-magic finally took hold upon the beasts vary fate.

    From across the room, Hido could see things quickly beginning to cascade and surmount. The battle had begun in full, the beasts had stolen the offensive from him, but he didn't need to relinquish the initiative. He'd seen what the creatures could do, and the twitching spectacle of Thane's form could have just of easily had been himself. It was clear whatever this madhouse was, he was going to require assistance to escape with his limbs and sanity intact. He stepped over Thane with a swift skidding step and led with a hard elbow to the beasts face to push it off balance in it's blinded stupor. It shuddered in surprise, staggering back before he brought an arm around the creature's snout, lifting its head and stabbing it in the neck- again, then one more time until he could feel the keen point of his blackened steel kunai pierce into the lower cranium just above the spine. He twisted and ripped the weapon free, splattered with freezing blackened gore. He left the body sloppily flop to the ground with a wet THUD as his muscles tightened and his skin burned from the life stealing frost of the black blood across his skin. The beasts were dripping sacks of deathly gore. The pain was great, perhaps even enough to cripple or maim lesser men, but he fought back the sensation with grim determination. There was more killing to be done.

    Spoiler: BlackBlood Blight (Hido)
    Show

    Hido is covered with a blast of thick gore and is dealt 4 Points of Cold Damage
    In addition Asaelgash contracts BloodBlood Blight I:

    BlackBlood Blight I:
    Receiving Blight: Blight is inflicted in 'Stacks', represented by the current Blight's number. Each number applies an effect independently
    Removing Blight: Removing Blight requires a creature spend time cleaning the blood off of themselves. Consuming an action to clean removes all Stacks of Blight for Stacks below 4. Being Blighted makes receiving additional blight easier, as the DC becomes more difficult, and additional penalties or damage is applied. Penalties do not 'tick' until the end of the effected creature's round.

    I Stack: Swift Action
    II Stack: Move Action
    III Stack: Standard Action
    IV Stack: Full Round Action
    V Stack+: Full Round Action to Reduce Stack by 1



    The well of wind-light diminished from the holy device the cleric had cast behind herself, and likewise the barrier around her only surround herself now as the original sphere continued to diminish in its size and intensity. The witch begun to cough and hack as she struggled to breath. It was the first time she'd been caught by the smog, but Asaelgash was shielded as they traded places. She could feel herself tire, and her movements slacken. She had no time to think more on it - A second beast dived through the mist in a blind fury, it tumbled bit and growled but could not find the lizard as it crashed into him and bounded back. The wolf which had attacked Delilah belched out a defiant cry and flew into a wild rage of claws and teeth, which, much like its companion failed to find its mark.


    [Delilah] Mist Exposure (1 Round - NO MASK): [1 Point of Acid Damage] & [Speed Reduced 5 ft]

    Spoiler: Delilah Status
    Show
    ~ Blind 3/4 Rounds





    [Round 9 Begins] - Players Win Initiative!


    [STANDARD MAP]



    Spoiler: Room Focus
    Show


    Spoiler: Alter Focus
    Show





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •