Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the tip of my tongue

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    ello ello ello! Whats all this then?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    You know, I'll never know why everyone is so violent towards pint-size. Sure he's a tool, but I can't think of anything that warrants the savage beatings he regularly gets. If anything, quick physical retribution only encourages him to think "Oh, I've been hit we're even" whereas if the subject were actually shown to be upset then he'd probably be more likely to quit it.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2016-10-14 at 02:40 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Ah, that new thread smell...

    Also, really glad to be back to the Bubbles stuff.


    Currently Recruiting: Nothing currently. Maybe come sign up?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Don't jinx it!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    You know, I'll never know why everyone is so violent towards pint-size. Sure he's a tool, but I can't think of anything that warrants the savage beatings he regularly gets. If anything, quick physical retribution only encourages him to think "Oh, I've been hit we're even" whereas if the subject were actually shown to be upset then he'd probably be more likely to quit it.
    Because he can take it. People aren't going to hold back on being violent towards him because it isn't really going to, you know, hurt him. Inconvenience him, maybe, but he does worse to himself all the time.

    Plus, it was a reindeer. Why would it hold back?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rooster707's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Dallas-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Checking in!

    I'll be back in... let's see, about 20 pages, probably?
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Because he can take it. People aren't going to hold back on being violent towards him because it isn't really going to, you know, hurt him. Inconvenience him, maybe, but he does worse to himself all the time.

    Plus, it was a reindeer. Why would it hold back?
    I wasn't talking so much about the reindeer, but in general. Bubbles's and Faye's comment was what got me thinking about it. If Bubbles, instead of punching him, got visibly upset and went "Hey, cut it out" it wouldn't be fun for him anymore and he'd actually stop. The posturing is counter-intuitive to enforcing their desired behavior.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Island of tea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Do they really want him to stop? He doesn't usually cause much damage, and the main cast seem to find him more amusing than offensive. Anyway, creative and/or violent retribution is great stress-relief.

    Bubbles might be an exception, but she's not great at interpreting normal behaviour, nevermind Pintsize's idiocy.
    Last edited by FLHerne; 2016-10-15 at 07:17 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Problem is, if Faye hits Pintsize, she hits him with a human fist. A fleshy, soft fits. Maybe dents his chassis a bit but nothing major. Probably hurts her more than him.
    When Bubbles hits him, a freaking war droid just attacked him. I'm not sure if his AI core is tripple shielded like the combat bots...
    Last edited by Morquard; 2016-10-15 at 10:35 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Problem is, if Faye hits Pintsize, she hits him with a human fist. A fleshy, soft fits. Maybe dents his chassis a bit but nothing major. Probably hurts her more than him.
    When Bubbles hits him, a freaking war droid just attacked him. I'm not sure if his AI core is tripple shielded like the combat bots...
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Martin or Pintsize were making frequent backups ever since he nearly erased himself.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by FLHerne View Post
    Do they really want him to stop? He doesn't usually cause much damage, and the main cast seem to find him more amusing than offensive. Anyway, creative and/or violent retribution is great stress-relief.
    That's the rub, innit? If they don't want him to stop, why are they posturing like they do want him to? If they want him to stop, why not make a more effective attempt?

    Unless it is just posturing. In which case, what does it say about them if they care more about looking like they want to stop crude behavior than actually stopping it.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    That's the rub, innit? If they don't want him to stop, why are they posturing like they do want him to? If they want him to stop, why not make a more effective attempt?

    Unless it is just posturing. In which case, what does it say about them if they care more about looking like they want to stop crude behavior than actually stopping it.
    You're acting like the main cast consists of perfect angels with no problems in their heads that would cause them to want a talking punching bag that doesn't actually get hurt.


    Currently Recruiting: Nothing currently. Maybe come sign up?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Meh, its the robot equivalent of a slap to the back of the head. When you go too far your friends tend to give you a swat to bring you back in line.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Obviously, Pintsize has blackmail on the entire cast. If they try to distance themselves from him, everyone finds out Marten's darkest secret - he doesn't actually like indie music, and memorized all the band names just so he could get friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    This most recent comic gave me a good chuckle.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere...

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    OK, I may be reading too much into this, but Bubbles identified Lady Robocop on sight as a problem, not just an innocent bystander. L.R. immediately realized she was made, and instead of running or standing her ground, hid. Bubbles pulled a harmless but troublesome prank to eliminate the problem.

    I think these two know each other.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    OK, I may be reading too much into this, but Bubbles identified Lady Robocop on sight as a problem, not just an innocent bystander. L.R. immediately realized she was made, and instead of running or standing her ground, hid. Bubbles pulled a harmless but troublesome prank to eliminate the problem.

    I think these two know each other.
    CW also seems to expect her to understand who "that state police unit" is. Bubbles is a military robot, after all. She can probably guess who would be following them even if she didn't know for sure.

    Also, does bubbles seem taller in this comic than she did in the last one?
    Last edited by Keltest; 2016-10-17 at 07:59 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Also, does bubbles seem taller in this comic than she did in the last one?
    And has a different looking head. Mid-comic style change!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Also, does bubbles seem taller in this comic than she did in the last one?
    She has always been huge.

    She is behind Faye in the first panel, so that makes her look a little taller still.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Bubbles olfactory sensors are sure weird...

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    I giggled at this one. I guess Bubbles is a bit of a tea snob!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I guess Bubbles is a bit of a tea snob!
    Not so. Snobbery is about social climbing, about liking or approving of things that other people, particularly aristocrats, like, whether you would naturally like them yourself or not. Bubbles likes or dislikes tea for what it is.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Cikomyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    She is growing into a bit of a Connaisseur, knowing what she likes and what she does not.

    Which is fine. She would only turn into a bad person if she disparaged Claire's teamaking abilities in a mean way.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    I guess snob is an ambivalent term.
    Of course it carries a negative connotation but at some basic level it just means she has a restricted taste for things... if she doesn't like the tea she doesn't have to pretend.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    I find Bubbles just gets better and better.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    I agree with Faye, if I saw an army of Bubbles approaching and an army of Pintsize's approaching me, without having any experience with either character, I would probably prefer to face the army of Bubbles.


    Currently Recruiting: Nothing currently. Maybe come sign up?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    It's amazing Pintsize didn't ask this sooner.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Is it bad that I kind of want to know now? She wears body armor, and has synthetic skin on her face, does she have synth skin on her body as well? I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I have a thing for tall muscular people. But yes also that.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Is it bad that I kind of want to know now? She wears body armor, and has synthetic skin on her face, does she have synth skin on her body as well? I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I have a thing for tall muscular people. But yes also that.
    Does she wear body armor, or is she just covered in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •