New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1289
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ghost in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

[Deep in the Woods]

Kestrel tensed up as Atreyu's grip tightened around her, a shiver running down her spine. His laugh, his voice, all seemed to be in a tone that wasn't menacing yet somehow managed to carry the hint of some threat, something she misjudged. As he continued to talk, leaning ever closer to her in such a way that his hot breath brushed over her neck, she came to realise she had been much too quick in coming to her conclusion. And much too slow in catching the rabbits.

In a sudden movement the young birdgirl finds herself thrown over the werewolves shoulder with a yell. She squirmed about in his grip, protesting loudly to the sudden undignified turn of events. "Hey! Atreyu! P-put me down, this isn't funny! Oi, I said put me down! I could keep up with you on foot, this, t-this is humiliating!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Halfling in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

"Y'ain't tryin' to squirm yer way outta the consequences of our little arrangement now are ya, missy?" Atreyu asks in an amused tone, shifting his hand to get a better grip on the squirming bird-lady. Which just happens to result in his hand resting on her butt. Nothing more than an unfortunate side-effect of him making sure she can't wriggle free, I'm sure.

"Best hold on tight there, Kestrel. This is gonna get a little bumpy." And with hares and birdgirl retrieved, Atreyu hunches down low and starts running, each step almost like a leap as he launches himself expertly through the forest, nimbly ducking between branches, bounding straight over patches of thorny vines, generally demonstrating that he is very much at home in this sort of environment.

Still, it probably doesn't make for a particularly enjoyable experience for a birdgirl bouncing about on his shoulder, seeing the scenery zip by behind him, forced to look behind as she is. Perhaps it'd be best to try and focus her gaze elsewhere? This angle does afford her a particularly nice view of wolfbutt, for example.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

"I don't recall being flung over your shoulder being part of th- H-HEY, W-WATCH WHERE YOU'RE PUTTING YOUR HAND!!!" Atreyu couldn't see it, but a blush had quickly formed on Kestrel's face from the moment she felt his hand on her rear. She continued to squirm about in protest, but rather unfortunately for her it seemed the werewolf's new grip was proving to be quite effective. Eventually the bird-woman had to admit defeat, and she indignantly resigned herself to her fate.

'A little bumpy' turned out to be a bit of an understatement, and indeed Kestrel found herself having to hang on, wrapping her arms around Atreyu's waist in an effort to make the situation even just slightly less uncomfortable. From her position, dangling over Atreyu's shoulder while basically him, staring at the scenery meant she had to awkwardly crane her neck. Furthermore, it was starting to make her motion sick. But once again misfortune would strike her, because it seemed the only way that she could 'rest' her head would leave her staring at his furry butt. So that's how she would spend her time. Furiously blushing, hugging the werewolf despite all of her complaints, and staring at his rear. Kestrel was far from being happy about this turn of events.

4. - Top - End - #1114

[Deep in the Woods]

"Alright, alright Missy, you've made yer point." Atreyu remarks with a chuckle after probably much longer than Kestrel would like, coming to a halt and letting her down.

His tail's been wagging a little bit. Seems he's been enjoying this trek. I wonder why?

"I may be just tryin' to have a little fun, but I reckon that was a little too undignifed fer you. Still, we do need to get a move on and yer gonna have to accept y'ain't as fast as me through this terrain, so some sorta carrying's gotta be involved. So...how about this?"

Atreyu scoops Kes up and pulls her against his soft fuzzy chest, one hand acting as a seat for her, while the other rests on her back. "Now I'm gonna need at least one hand fer some of this, so you'd best wrap yer arms and legs around me and hold on tight." He instructs with a measured tone-

Wait, did he just flash a sly grin at her for a second? Was that a little wink?

He gives her just a moment to react, then takes off at speed again, tearing through the forest once more.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ghost in the Playground

The tail wag did not go unnoticed by Kestrel, causing a pout to slip onto her face as Atreyu (seemingly) relented. Still, she didn't quite seem ready yet to admit that there was absolutely no way for her to keep up with him on foot, so she mumbled and grumbled complaints as they shifted positions. Initially, it didn't quite occur to her what the werewolf was doing. And she already knew from experience that holding on would make the journey less bumpy, so she wrapped her limbs around his muscled and furred body with little hesitation.

But then she saw that devilish grin and the wink.

"Wait, hang on, don't you dare start running again now-" Kestrel was far too late though, and she once more found herself being carried through the woods at a breakneck pace. The sly wolf even still had his hand on her rear!

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Deep in the Woods]

As some small mercy for Kestrel, Atreyu's too busy navigating through the woods to show too much amusement at her misfortune.

...if you can call it misfortune. She may be caught in a somewhat embarassing position as she's carried through the woods, but at least she's still being taken to safety, right?

Kestrel's just going to have to put up with being pressed against the wolf's chest with his hand on her butt, though, as for the best part of an hour he sets a blistering pace through the woods, and true to his word there's several occasions where she'll have to cling on without support, as he clambers up trees and cliffsides, or clears large patches of difficult terrain with leaps only possible through supernatural strength.

All in all, something that would certainly be quite the challenge for anyone not benefiting from Atreyu's extensive array of survival skills to clear in an hour.

And then, at least, the safety of Atreyu's camp is revealed. The werewolf clambers up another tree to reveal a mess of interlocking branches from several neighbouring trees, all woven together with druidic magic to create a fairly substantial canopy. There's not much by way of luxuries, but there's quite a large pile of assorted furs, some parcels formed from wrapped and bound leaves, and several thick vines tied together to form a rope leading down to the forest floor below, where Atreyu appears to have cleared out a spot for campfires. "Alright Missy, we're here."

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

As it turns out, Atreyu had not been exaggerating about how long and difficult the route to his camp was. Kestrel begrudgingly had to admit to herself that actually, yeah, he was right, there was no way she could have kept up with him. So the birdgirl tried to settle in for the ride and get comfortable, as much as one could when clinging right up against the chest of a werewolf bounding through a wild forest. It didn't escape her notice however, that whenever he let go of her so she had to cling on purely by herself, that when he gripped her again his hand would always make it's way to her rear. He had to be doing that on purpose, right?

At last it seemed the two had arrived at their destination, and Kestrel found herself looking around in astonishment. She had expected just a tent, a campfire, maybe an overturned log to use as a seat. That's the most she had ever had for a camp. The birdgirl had definitely not expected to see tree branches woven together to make some treetop hideout. However her initial excitement and shock wasn't quite enough to keep her from hurriedly extracting herself from the werewolf's arms and seating herself done on the pile of furrs. "You knew exactly what you were doing, putting your hand... well, you know where!" Kestrel said accusingly, folding her arms with a huff while visibly blushing.

Even as she pouted though, she did feel a bit guilty for her small outburst. After all, Atreyu had saved her from a potentially quite dangerous situation. She honestly wasn't sure she could've found her way out of the forest if he hadn't showed up, so she relented, and mumbled out a "but, um... thanks though. For the help." It was an honest thank you, even if it didn't necessarily seem like one with the way she was staring awkwardly at the floor.
    Last edited by Meowmai; 2021-01-07 at 09:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1118

[Deep in the Woods]

Atreyu flops down onto the furs beside Kestrel with a chuckle, "Well now Missy, if'n you recall, I did say if things were too slow, I'd have to take matters into my own hands." He counters with a sly grin. "And as far as matters go, I ain't gonna lie, this was one of the more enjoyable ones to have to take into my own hands."

Yup. He definitely knew what he was doing.

But look at that blushing, pouting birdlady! Atreyu can't help but lean over to pat her head and give her feathers a little ruffle.

"Haha, sorry. Reckon perhaps I've been out here too long. Losin' a bit of my civility." He glances off down towards the campfire. It's already getting quite late in the evening. "Took quite a few days to hunt down these furs. We'd best get to cooking quickly 'fore it gets too dark, else we're like to attract things we'd rather not."

He turns back to Kes, his bright orange eyes gleaming with mischief. "Oughta warn ya too, Kestrel. It gets awful cold at night. There's barely enough here to keep me warm. Ain't enough for two separate beds, which means we'll have to share."

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

That sly, cheeky scoundrel! She knew it! She knew that he had done that intentionally! Kestrel shot Atreyu a glare, although unfortunately for her it seemed that her reactions were having the opposite effect than she intended. In fact, she just seemed to be amusing him further- to the point that he reached out to pat and ruffle her! Who was he, thinking he could just condescendingly treat her like this!

... well, okay, she had to admit the pats did feel very nice. But still, how dare he!

It is hard to stay grumpy at someone who saved you for long though, so Kestrel relented and accepted his apology. The pouty expression on her face still stuck around somewhat though. She nodded in agreement with his suggestion they start making dinner. "Sounds like a good idea. I could use a hot meal." However, despite all her hopes, it seemed that Atreyu hadn't quite finished with embarrassing her just yet. Kestrel looked up at him, her own eyes narrowing as his own seemed to shine. "What!? No, no, you're kidding me! It surely can't be that cold! This... this is just some stupid excuse so you can tease me more, right!? I'm onto you!"

10. - Top - End - #1120

[Deep in the Woods]

Atreyu smiles innocently.

Okay, so as a werewolf with lots of sharp pointy teeth, it doesn't look that innocent. Snuggled into the furs beside Kestrel, he turns and mutters a word, causing a mote of flame to appear in his hand. It casts a flickering orange glow over the two of them for a moment, then he turns and casually lobs the fire down at the prepped campfire spot below.

"Fire's lit. We can get to cooking. Would y'care to do the honours? They're yer kills after all." Look at him, cheekily disregarding Kes's accusations! Well, for the moment anyway. He gets up and pulls away part of the foliage, grabbing the vine rope and offering a hand to her to join him. And boy, as soon as she steps away from the furs, now that she's not huddled up against a werewolf either, Kes will be able to tell it is starting to feel quite cold already.

"You needn't worry, Missy, but if yer that concerned yer welcome to take half the furs an' see how long y'last 'fore getting too cold. But I promise, we'd be better off sharing. You don't need ta be concerned, I won't bite." He pauses, and flashes her a grin, "Well, not unless y'ask nicely, anyways."

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

The smile that Atreyu flashed towards her didn't do much to put Kestrel at ease. The flame he soon summoned didn't help much either- the flickering light illuminating his toothy grin in a manner that looked rather menacingly. In all honesty, it creeped her out a little, so she almost sighed in relief once he tossed the fire down to ignite the campfire. He sure had a lot of useful tricks up his sleeve, didn't he? She kinda wished she could summon fire like that. Lighting one with just a tinderbox at hand could be a real pain.

"Yeah, why not." The archer wanted to prove she was at least somewhat capable of surviving in the wilds, and showing she could butcher and cook her kills seemed like a good way to do that. "But don't think you can just change the subject like that!" Though, upon getting up out of the fur pile to join Atreyu as he beckoned, Kestrel found herself realising (not for the first time) that he might just have a point. She could feel the chill in the air already, and she could tell the temperature was only going to drop further as the night grew darker.

As it turns out though, Atreyu did intend on addressing her accusation, though while his initial response was reasonable it seemed he couldn't help but throw in another tease. Not knowing how to respond, Kestrel just blushed and mumbled, "W-well, maybe, we'll just have to see..." Not quite ready to admit she was wrong about the cold. It took her a moment to realise she hadn't exactly specified which part of the conversation she was responding to. "... about the sharing, I mean! N-not the biting! I meant we'll see how cold it gets! she hastily blurted out, her face growing even redder.

12. - Top - End - #1122

[Deep in the Woods]

Poor Kestrel. Atreyu's teasing seems to be getting to her a little bit, doesn't it? He pokes his head into a small patch of bushes down by the fire and pulls out a handful of large branches, which he snaps over his knee and carefully adds to the fire to get it going properly. "Hmm, good thing I'm taking you outta here tomorrow. Nearly out. I'd have to restock, otherwise. Reckon we got maybe half an hour of flame here, Missy. Oughta be enough to get the food cooked if you skin 'em right quick. I trust y'got a knife or somethin' fer the task?" He asks, laying the hares out for her.

She did bring a knife, right? Otherwise this might be a bit difficult.

Now with the important survival-y stuff out the way, he can get back to addressing her other comment. "Well now, Kestrel. If the colour in yer cheeks is anythin' to go by, I reckon you were thinking about the biting when y'said that. At least a little." He chuckles, grabbing a couple of thinner branches out of the dwindling pile and setting to work carefully whittling them down with his claws to act as skewers for the hares. "If yer feelin' at all curious, I'm more'n happy to indulge yer curiousity."

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

Kestrel nearly sighed in relief as Atreyu started to discuss the matter of preparing the rabbits, in mislead belief that he wasn't going to comment on the biting thing. She was already embarrassed enough for one night! "Mhm, yeah, don't worry, I know what I'm doing." And for once, that was a hundred percent truthful about her skills. Drawing a small hunting knife, Kestrel set about skinning and gutting the two rabbits at a quite decent pace.

Unfortunately, it seemed Atreyu was not in fact willing to let that comment about the biting drop. "I-I don't know what you're talking about! That was just a slip of the tongue, it... it didn't mean anything!" Thankfully, her task of butchering the rabbits gave her a good excuse to keep her face turned away from the werewolf, so he couldn't see her cheeks burning even further red.

14. - Top - End - #1124

[Deep in the Woods]

"Oh reeeally?" Atreyu asks, shuffling over beside Kes. He reaches out to catch a claw under her chin and lift her head back up. No hiding that blush from him, Kestrel! Though he's being very playful about it, so she could easily shift out of the way. "Because if you were curious, well, I'd be lying if'n I didn't acknowledge that yer quite the cute little thing, Missy, and I'd more than a little curious myself."

He takes the prepared hares and skewers them, embedding the skewers in the ground a fair way back from the fire.

"Set 'em like this and they'll cook nice and slow, which oughta give us plenty of time to have a little appetiser before the main course." He grins and licks his lips.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

Uh oh. It seems there's no escape for Kestrel from Atreyu's constant teasing, and her responses are only egging him on more. And it doesn't help that, well, despite all of her denial and protests, deep down she kind of enjoys the teasing. So when his claw lifts her head up by her chin, bringing the bird to look into the werewolf's eyes and reveal her blush, her heart almost skipped a beat. "U-um, t-thanks, b-but," Kestrel started, mumbling shyly. She wanted to keep denying it. Or alternatively, just curl up in a ball on the spot and hide her shame. Except... she also was curious. "b-but," she stuttered again, clearly indecisive.

It didn't take her long to cave in to her real feelings. Was it the tone of Atreyu's voice? Was it the way he licked his lips, flashing a glimpse of his teeth? Whatever the reason, a few words spilled out of Kestrel's mouth before she could stop herself.

"... I m-might be a little curious..." Her feathers drooped, the complete opposite to the way they had flared out when she first met Atreyu earlier that day. It was as if she was shrinking. But from nervousness? Shame and embarrassment? Perhaps it was a mix of both.

16. - Top - End - #1126

[Deep in the Woods]

"Well now, that ain't somethin' to be ashamed of, Missy." Atreyu leans back and takes a moment to make sure the hare-skewers are positioned appropriately. A little gesture causes a vine to curl round the base of each skewer, slowly rotating them to make sure their meal is evenly slow-cooked to perfection.

"Ain't how I expected my day to go, meeting such good company as yerself." With his back to the fire, Atreyu gently pets Kestrel's feathers, trying to put her at ease. It'll make her reaction in a moment all the more fun...

Abruptly he turns, growls, and smiles menacingly, the flames casting an ominous glow over him, making his eyes and teeth glimmer in the swiftly-darkening night. And then he pounces, picking Kes up in one smooth motion and pinning her against the nearest tree. "Now how about I get on with indulging yer curiousity?" He asks, leaning in close, the curtain falling around them as his claws start to tear into her clothes.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

The curtains part, revealing two figures up in the treetops, now clothed again, huddled together in the furrs and enjoying their meal. the air is getting colder rapidly now, and Kestrel finds herself wriggling up close to Atreyu's body to keep herself warm. A vivid blush still paints her face.

Digging into the rabbit, some much needed energy is returned to the birdgirl. She hadn't eaten too much that day at all, and the recent... activities took a lot out of her. The usually excitable and talkative bird was staying almost completely quiet for once. It seems what had happened behind the curtains made her suddenly a lot shyer. Still, she did try to speak a little bit, for the sake of conversation, or perhaps as a distraction from previous events. "T-thanks for cooking the rabbits, they're r-really quite nice."

18. - Top - End - #1128

[Deep in the Woods]

"Yer welcome, Missy. And I oughta be thankin' you fer catching 'em." Atreyu answers, showing remarkable decorum in his rabbit-eating for a big toothy wolfman. As he nibbles away at his meal, he slips his free arm round Kes to pull her in nice and close. "Reckon I, ah, also owe you an apology though, fer the state of your clothing. Guess I got a little carried away. I can do some repairs myself, come the morning." He pauses and turns to grin at her, "Least enough to spare yer dignity when yer back in civilisation."

Alas, poor Kes, not even the curtain can spare her from teasing.

"I had hoped a lil' explorin' of yer curiousity would help ya to relax and open up a bit, though. Seems to have made your quieter. I hope you're feelin' alright. I'd hate to think we did anything you got regrets about afterwards."

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

"U-um, thanks..." Despite her embarrassment, she chuckled slightly in response. The current state of her clothes was certainly no good for returning to Inside. She continued to tear into her rabbit, in a manner that was definitely messier than Atreyu's. Though something did occur to her then. "Are you sure that uh, just one rabbit is enough for you?" Atreyu was much bigger than her after all, and surely a werewolf would have a much more ravenous appetite than a rather short birdgirl.

She paused for a moment as Atreyu voiced his concerns, trying to put her thoughts together. "I... I am feeling alright. Don't worry! I... well I really really enjoyed everything we just did." A blush rose to her cheeks. "It's just... I dunno, this kind of thing always seems to... shake up my confidence in some way, like, I end up feeling really ashamed that I enjoyed it," she admitted. Trying to show that she was being honest when she told him that she didn't regret any of it, she shifted a little as best she could to wrap her own arms around him in turn and hold herself tight against him.
    Last edited by Meowmai; 2021-03-13 at 04:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130

[Deep in the Woods]

"Don't you worry 'bout me, missy. One rabbit is plenty." Atreyu sets the remains of his meal aside and focuses his attention on the much more important task of cuddling Kes and running a hand through her feathers. "And I'm glad yer alright. I'd hate to have left ya disappointed. Ain't somethin' I'm in the habit of doin'." He chuckles and reaches round to pull one of the furs over them.

"Reckon we should get some rest now though, and see about gettin' you back to civilisation tomorrow. We'll get yer clothes fixed up a bit and-" He leans forward and winks at her, "As much as I'd like to leave some of those marks on ya, we'll see about gettin' you cleaned up properly in the morning too."

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ghost in the Playground

[Deep in the Woods]

Kestrel let out what could only be described as a soft, cheerful chirp as Atreyu's hand stroked her feathers. She too finishes with her rabbit, before nuzzling into Atreyu's fur. "More than alright," she replied, "in fact I um, would like to do more with you someday." Her blush remained at his continued gentle teasing, one of her hands running up to trace the bruises on her neck and shoulders.

"And yeah, rest sounds good now. I think I need it after all that." She couldn't help but chuckle shyly again. She closed her eyes, settling into the furs and up against Atreyu till she found the most comfortable position.
    Last edited by Meowmai; 2021-03-25 at 05:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132

[Deep in the Woods]

A peaceful night passes. Well, for Atreyu at least. There's no shortage of strange noises out here in the wilderness that may disturb Kes, but Atreyu seems quite content to sleep through it. Hopefully the safety of their perch in the trees, the warmth of the furs, and the soft fuzzy werewolf beneath her will keep any concerns at bay.

Morning comes, and with it, precious warmth. In fact, as soon as the sun rises, the woods heat up quite quickly. It will probably ruin any plans Kestrel has to sleep in.

Atreyu, certainly, has no plans to do so. He slips out very early in the morning, casually removing Kes's torn clothing and leaving her nicely tucked up in the furs. He sits himself down, takes a few moments to focus, then gets to work on repairing her outfit as best as it can be, using a makeshift bone-needle and a few strands of plant fibres.

Hopefully Kestrel doesn't mind waking up to find herself clothes-free.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Off to the obelisk.
    Somewhere deep in the desert.

It had been many miles since a shade of color other than that of a dry dull yellow or rough off red had been seen. Fitting it was to see only colours representative of heat as if the wilderness spoke to her, ensuring its message was heard loud and clear across every single one of her heightened and abused senses.

I will cook you, I will burn you alive and eat you. You cannot stand to my tireless rage. There is nothing out here for you except an eternal grave. I will burry you in my endless expanse. You will be forgotten by everyone one, even time itself. Here you are nothing.

These words, these promises and threats were all around her. It was in the uncomfortable embrace of the suns constant and intense glaring gaze. The very same that caused her pale porcelain skin to swelter beneath her boiling black leathers.
    It was screamed directly into her face by the dry howling merciless winds that pelted her petite frail frame, tearing at her clothes, buffeting her tiny body about. The winds seemingly trying angrily to shake some sense into the girl and turn her around.
    It could be felt as every single grain of sand fought with her, desperate to find and bite at her bare skin, searching maliciously for a way to hinder, wound, inconvenience or injure her. It swarmed her body like a plague, clawing like a banshee at the glass of her goggles. tugging ruthlessly on her clothing and crawling into every loose crevice it could find.
    The ground grabbed hungrily at her feet, not wanting to let go, trying to drag her down into its hot embrace. Every step requiring far more exertion than should be necessary. It rolled beneath her, tipped up and was forever uneven, unpredictable, a constant uphill struggle.

The sun should have set long ago by now, but it hadn’t. A dark twist of fate, a warp of time, a malicious unimaginable spell. It didn’t matter why. In fact, she wasn’t even sure things would be better in the dark. Right now her world was seemingly confined to a tight tiny space around and simultaneously a vast unimaginable endless desert filled with deadly monsters. Somewhere out there amongst all the death and sand was a large obelisk. That was her destination.

She hoped and almost even prayed that she was not on this journey alone. Flyers had been posted out in various taverns but she was not sure how well received they were.

It was amidst one of Raeh’s silent one sided debates with the murderous environment did it actually respond. The soft sandy ground that already hated her began to violently tremble so bad she could barely stand.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ghost in the Playground

Deep in the Woods

Sleep did not come to Kestrel quite as easily as it did to Atreyu at first, but it did eventually come. All the odd and spooky noises of the forest that threatened to keep her awake could not fight off the exhaustion the birdgirl was feeling after that vigorous 'exercise.' And once she did slip into the embrace of deep sleep, there was little that could wake her, and her night became peaceful.

Eventually though, the bright light of the sun filtered through her eyelids, and Kestrel began to stir. She mumbled something incomprehensible under her breath, and rolled over, but it seemed she could not escape the daylight. And now that she was stirring, she began to notice just how hot it was, with the morning's warmth on top of all the furs she was under. With a defeated groan, she opened her eyes, and threw off the furs, seeking escape from the heat. And it was only then that she realised she was completely naked.

She sat up with a bolt, a blush on her face, doing her best to awkwardly cover herself. She looked around for the werewolf, and upon sighting him opened her mouth in confusion. "Hey!, Did you-" she stopped when she saw what he was doing, seeing what remained of her clothes being sewn together into something... that was at least wearable with some small amount of dignity. "Oh, um, thanks... uh..." She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes, before smiling in spite of her awkwardness. "Morning! How early is it? It feels way to early."

25. - Top - End - #1135

[Deep in the Woods]

"Mornin', Missy. Looked like ya slept well." Atreyu holds up the repaired clothes and offers them out to her. Though probably not something she'd want to be seen in public wearing with how many stitches and seams are running across the material, it is at least a complete outfit again.

"Ain't much, but it oughta hold. Least, 'til I can see about getting ya something more appropriate back in civilisation. Mind you don't do anything too reckless in 'em though. They ain't likely to hold up ta much." He walks over with a grin, reaching out to give Kestrel's feathers a pat. "Means we can't do a repeat of last night's activities. Well, not unless you want to do so before getting dressed, anyways." He remarks with a chuckle, letting his gaze linger just a little.

Seems there's no escape from his teasing.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Orc in the Playground

Off to the Obelisk

Someone else is headed that way. They're apparently unarmed, a female half-elf with skin the colour of polished oak, short brown hair and deep green eyes. She's wearing a red-lined yellow jacket and a pair of yellow trousers and no shoes. She's walking, rather than running, and hiding from the sun under a lacy white parasol.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Off to the obelisk.
    Somewhere deep in the desert.

Raeh couldn’t and didn’t believe her eyes. Surely she was hallucinating. Still she paused to watch the mysterious figure carrying a parasol form and slowly draw nearer.
    Features and shapes began to take hold when the ground beneath her feet rumbled again. This time it was closer.
    The shaking grew into a loud rumbling and Raeh fought not to sink into the shifting sand. There was a slight rise and fall of the ground that twisted her stomach only momentarily before she was thrown into the air with an explosion of sand.

Bursting forth from beneath the desert a large snapping maw followed Raeh. It was huge! The massive mouth was filled with multiple rows of razor-sharp teeth, it’s shape comparable to a large shark of the seas only its eyes were further atop its head, like its body that followed, more similar to a gator or legged snake.
    Thick hardened plates of blue-brown armoured it’s long sleek body, down its strong stumpy legs all the way to the terribly large and deadly claws on each toe.

Coming out of its cavernous hole completely, it licked its lips hungrily as it looked down at Raeh with its horrid empty yellow eyes, highlighted by the dark scales surrounding them.
    It was the length of three horses and despite its belly being so close the the ground it was probably as tall as one too.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-21 at 09:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Orc in the Playground

Off to the Obelisk Deep in the Desert

The half-elf sees the beastie and grins, tossing the parasol aside. Suddenly, she's no longer a half-elf, but instead a... thing. Half bison, with curved horns and a humped back, hooves on its feet, half magpie, covered in black and white feathers, with a large beak and wings, half oak with leaves and acorns in its feathers and fur, and with far too many hands. The creature bounds forward towards the worm, one of its many hands pulling a purple sword wreathed in black flame from... somewhere.

The monster aims to hit the worm just behind the head, goring with its horns, slashing with its flaming sword and pecking with its beak.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Off to the Obelisk Deep in the Desert

The half-elf sees the beastie and grins, tossing the parasol aside. Suddenly, she's no longer a half-elf, but instead a... thing. Half bison, with curved horns and a humped back, hooves on its feet, half magpie, covered in black and white feathers, with a large beak and wings, half oak with leaves and acorns in its feathers and fur, and with far too many hands. The creature bounds forward towards the worm, one of its many hands pulling a purple sword wreathed in black flame from... somewhere.

The monster aims to hit the worm just behind the head, goring with its horns, slashing with its flaming sword and pecking with its beak.
    The sudden emergence of this new creature caused the monster and Raeh to both look that way. While Raeh lay confused, exhausted and dumbfounded, the monster spun on the spot faster than should be possible. Even the large heavily armoured killing machine knew not to ignore what was charging at it.
    It’s short but powerful legs dig into the dirt and propelled its streamlined form at the target where they would meet head on, its large deadly maw slightly twisting to the side as it lashed out. There was a small moment when the mouth opened wide enough to conceal a small human that the creature could no longer see its prey.

Raeh could barely shield herself from the dust that flew up at her from the creatures movements, let alone act or offer aid.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-24 at 01:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Orc in the Playground

Off to the Obelisk

The moment the worm can no longer see the attacking... thing, it disappears, reappearing atop the worm's head, slashing down with its flaming sword and cackling out a magpie-laugh. Its hooves don't really purchase easily, but the many hands will try to grab hold and grip onto the worm instead. Well, the ones not trying to stab with the sword, any way. Hopefully she can get a good enough grip to not be in immediate danger.