New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

Mysterious Crater

"How should I know? You were the one that appeared with it, you buffoon. I had hoped you could at least have provided some insight to how it could be defeated when you woke up, but it would seem you lack even that." She lets out another sight. "Light grant me strength."

Her eyes then shot back at him. "But, if you want to redeem yourself, killing that thing would be a good start. This place is supposed to grant back life, not... whatever that is. So tell me what you can do, that sword of yours is still in the crater." She gestures down there.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Crater

Kurrack ponders, then says: What I can do... I can eat, sleep, drink, ponder, elaborate, tell stories, and kill many things. Give me two minutes at maximum, and that undead tentacle pig will be in the ground, permanently.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #273

Mysterious Crater

"And you'll do this, completely unarmed?"
    She sounds skeptical to say at least. "I don't even know who you are, or what race you're supposed to belong to."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

[Cliffside]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    It's a bladed throwing weapon! Close enough.

Willa bats the blow away with her staff. Now, she probably could use this weapon from farther away if she wanted to, but she has no experience with it, so her best hope is to just go up to it and stab it in whatever passes for its throat. So she approaches it at a trot, trying to move quickly but not wanting to recklessly approach it.
    As Willa approaches, the gremlin's mouth opens wide... in fact, it seems it's mostly mouth at the moment, with a gaping black abyss behind those teeth. It seems to be waiting for her to strike.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mysterious Crater

"And you'll do this, completely unarmed?"
    She sounds skeptical to say at least. "I don't even know who you are, or what race you're supposed to belong to."
    Kurrack scowls, and says: I am the Dread druid of the Tau! I've killed Tyrinids unarmed bigger than that boar! I've stood in the fighting pits of the Dark Eldar! I've had so many victories against the enemy that when I think of feasting upon their corpses, my stomachs growl with fullness as no other Kroot's has ever done! While you were washing your hair in a waterfall, I was bringing death across the expanse, so do not question me!

Kurrack then blinks, and sits back down, his anger subsided.

I'm... I never should have spoken that way. I'm a guest here, and I should have not offended you.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Acidic blood boils out in and around the dog's bite. The snake lets go as the fist connects with its eye, lashing out wildly attempting to slice something with its fangs.
    Blink Bunny Burrow

The dog, near death, still burrows its teeth. Ne-Gok-Sa, blocks blocks the first snake bite, and in doing so plunges his sword into the snakes mouth.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Cliffside

The beast will have to wait, as Willa isn't ready yet.
    "Are you done yet?" she calls to Astrana.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #278

Mysterious Crater

Kurrack's little speech doesn't seem to make the woman more amendable, even after he apologizes. "Why don't you put your words where your mouth is and prove your claims? I can even more sure you don't die right away." She was pretty sure it wouldn't have been such a great loss though. But perhaps there was some truth to this creatures words, as drunk as he was.

Cliffside

"Not yet, I'm trying to hurry, but these things take time." Astrana replies. She hadn't expect it to get out of the trap this quickly!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-25 at 06:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Crater

Kurrack's little speech doesn't seem to make the woman more amendable, even after he apologizes. "Why don't you put your words where your mouth is and prove your claims? I can even more sure you don't die right away." She was pretty sure it wouldn't have been such a great loss though. But perhaps there was some truth to this creatures words, as drunk as he was.
    Kurrack sighs, and says: Nothing like hate filled adrenaline to get you out of hangover-mode.

Kurrack then looks down to where the boar is, does some math on his fingers, and then does a forward leap with his fist aimed in front of him. Kurrack's math was perfect. Unless the boar has super-speed, Kurrack should hit the thing with the force of a school bus.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Blink Bunny Burrow

The dog, near death, still burrows its teeth. Ne-Gok-Sa, blocks blocks the first snake bite, and in doing so plunges his sword into the snakes mouth.
    The sword goes right through the snake's mouth. A mix of blood and venom sprays out as the serpent goes into death throes, thrashing wildly.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Both dogs are dead, but Ne-Gok-Sa can make more. That's a lot of acid though, and the alien did not want to be near that snake. He dashes away a few paces.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Kurrack sighs, and says: Nothing like hate filled adrenaline to get you out of hangover-mode.

Kurrack then looks down to where the boar is, does some math on his fingers, and then does a forward leap with his fist aimed in front of him. Kurrack's math was perfect. Unless the boar has super-speed, Kurrack should hit the thing with the force of a school bus.
    [Mysterious Crater]

There is a problem with that tactic, as mentioned before, the trees growing at the bottom of the crater creates such a thick vegetation that it is impossible to see what is going on underneath. He can see some of the trees moving, but it won't give him a perfect indicator exactly where the boar is.
    "It is being driven mad by something that has infected it and there is no way for me to remove it."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Crater]

There is a problem with that tactic, as mentioned before, the trees growing at the bottom of the crater creates such a thick vegetation that it is impossible to see what is going on underneath. He can see some of the trees moving, but it won't give him a perfect indicator exactly where the boar is.
    "It is being driven mad by something that has infected it and there is no way for me to remove it."
    ((Ah, whoops. Forgot about that))

In this case, Kurrack starts jumping from tree branch to tree branch, trying to get a bead on the tentacle boar, maybe even he'd find his chain-sword.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Mysterious Crater]

The giant vultures have already started to circle above, suggesting that whatever the outcome, at least someone would get fed tonight.
    When Kurrack descends, he can hear what sounds like a fight, there are growls and yips echoing through the crater and once he gets closer, he can see the boar fighting against a group of hyenas. Two of them are already on the ground, bleeding, but the boar is blocking the exit out of the crater so the pack appears to be trapped down here with it.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

[Cliffside]

The gremlin's body becomes smaller yet heavier, its teeth becoming short and broad. They tear into the warding spell, and its hands, now shovel-like claws, follow suit. Soon, a crack appears, through which the thing slithers out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Crater]

The giant vultures have already started to circle above, suggesting that whatever the outcome, at least someone would get fed tonight.
    When Kurrack descends, he can hear what sounds like a fight, there are growls and yips echoing through the crater and once he gets closer, he can see the boar fighting against a group of hyenas. Two of them are already on the ground, bleeding, but the boar is blocking the exit out of the crater so the pack appears to be trapped down here with it.
    Kurrack will need to be stealthy for this one. There was one thing towards his advantage though, and that was that Kurrack had a slightly larger brain than the boar's, one that was capable, most of the time anyway, of rational thought. Kurrack started to descend, and on the way picked up some moss. Once Kurrack was somewhere near the boar, he did his best to get his scent on the moss, then broke off a branch from the tree he was hiding on.. He wrapped the branch with the smelly alcohol infused moss, and threw it somewhere away from himself. Hopefully, after the Boar finished up with fighting, the noise and the smell should attract its attention, giving Kurrack enough time to reclaim his weapon and leap back into the trees.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Cliffside

Willa is not surprised, but she is worried. She holds her staff in front of her, expecting the gremlin to strike.
    "Well I have no time left so do your best please!" she yells to the tiefling.

18. - Top - End - #288

[Mysterious Crater]

Kurrack might have to wait then as the hyenas and the boar are taking part of a prolonged struggle as the hyenas are attempting to provoke the boar into attacking one of them so the rest can escape. Eventually, this ruse works and the hyenas escape, but with the boar right behind them. They are moving out of the crater now.

Cliffside

"Use the staff to fend it off until I can finish this." Astrana advises as she attempts to focus on her drawing.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-31 at 03:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

[Cliffside]

The gremling crawls around Willa, its eyes alive with mindless malice and hunter. Its body churns and shifts again. The limbs grow long, and the torso smaller, until it resembles a large, grotesque spider with only two pairs of legs. It jumps towards Willa and tries to bury its many teeth in the nearest body part it can grab.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cliffside]

Willa tucks the boomerang into her belt and swings the staff like a baseball bat with both hands, trying to knock the 'spider' away before it can take a bite out of her. This will be followed up with a series of swings mostly just trying to keep it off of her.

21. - Top - End - #291

[Cliffside]

"Good! I'll tell you when i'm finished!" Sketching this fast was difficult!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

[Cliffside]

When the staff hits the gremlin, it's knocked back, but then it clings to the staff with skin that's suddenly sticky. It digs its legs into the ground, trying to pull the staff out of Willa's hands.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Cliffside

Willa mentally screams about what a terrible plan this was, and adjusts her grip on the staff, digging in her four feet (she would have said heels despite not really having them) into the ground, wrenching against the monster. If she's lucky, this little tug-of-war will eat up more of this monster's valuable time.

24. - Top - End - #294

Cliffside

Astrana now focuses only on the sketching, she would most likely be finished the next round... or so.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

[Cliffside]

The gremlin suddenly unsticks itself from the staff, dropping to the ground and skittering towards Willa on spider-like legs, trying to bite her ankle.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Cliffside

Willa attempts to swiftly spin around. It requires a bit of jumping, on those hooves. But all so she can properly buck and kick the gremlin in the face with her back hooves.

It would hurt very much if it connected with a normal living thing. Horses are large and have lots of muscle.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Ravaged Village]

Guinness and Aaron will be dropped off at a large encampment near some mountains. The drop ship that transported them will remain at the back of the camp for later extraction.

They will both be greeted by a short, bald man, with a long belt of various knives along his waist. "Thank you for coming. My name is Garalatt. I lead this hunting party. Recently, what seems like a very large werewolf attacked the camp during the night. We should have been able to stop it, but it somehow switched it's position in the blink of an eye, and it could somehow seem to be in two places at once. Many of my people died, and not so people in this party are hunters. There are families and all sorts of normal people here. We know the beast comes from the caves in the mountains, although we don't know which one."

This seems apparent, as the tents have large claw marks and traces of blood can be seen, as well as the smell of death still being in the camp.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    [Ravaged Village]

Guinness and Aaron will be dropped off at a large encampment near some mountains. The drop ship that transported them will remain at the back of the camp for later extraction.

They will both be greeted by a short, bald man, with a long belt of various knives along his waist. "Thank you for coming. My name is Garalatt. I lead this hunting party. Recently, what seems like a very large werewolf attacked the camp during the night. We should have been able to stop it, but it somehow switched it's position in the blink of an eye, and it could somehow seem to be in two places at once. Many of my people died, and not so people in this party are hunters. There are families and all sorts of normal people here. We know the beast comes from the caves in the mountains, although we don't know which one."

This seems apparent, as the tents have large claw marks and traces of blood can be seen, as well as the smell of death still being in the camp.
    Aaron says "Do you know what the werewolf likes to eat? We could bait them into a trap where we could take them out from a distance.

((Description coming soon))
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ravaged Village]

Guinness considers suggesting spelunking, having some cave experience, but it probably wouldn't mesh well with a sniper's talents. "There might have been two of them. We should be careful not to discount the possibility. It'd be just our bad case of running jelly." The last thing they need is to be sniping one while another catches them off guard. Though if it is as fast as they say, it might not need another pack member to pull that off.

Oh right. Introductions. "Greetings Garalatt. I'm Sergeant Guinness." Thank goodness that's over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

[Cliffside]

The gremlin might be a shapeshifting, insanely durable thing from the depths, but being kicked by a horse is being kicked by a horse. The creature tumbles away, flailing its legs, but silent.