New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Mysterious Crater

Kurrack folds his arms, and says: Noble hunter, I apologize of how I treated your your companion, and I hope you have the capacity to forgive me. However, while I hunt the boar, I ask that you make camp elsewhere. This area is the domain of a great goddess, and she holds much power. While I cannot force you to leave, I can at least warn you of possible danger.

Kurrack has no idea what this "Lady of the Waterfall" (name he came up with) really is, but from what little he can remember, he knows she has great power. Kurrack was responsible for one disappearance in Huntside, and no matter how bad*** these newcomers look, he could be responsible for more.
    Mysterious Crater

"We're not planning to stay long, we're just here for these old bones." The goblin gestures at one of the giant cadavers that loiters the bottom of the crater. "If the goddess has an issue with this, then I will take the full blame." He smiles. "So please, leave us to our business."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Crater

Fine, Kurrack says. He then preps for a jump back into the tree, and leaps for it. He then starts to bound from tree to tree, until he's almost sure the goblins lost track of him. When he's sure of this, he starts to make a stealthy approach back to the Lady of the Waterfall. If he starts to think that the goblins might be noticing him coming back, he then makes his way following the boar's tracks.

If he does make his way back to the Lady of the Waterfall, he says this: Hey, got my sword back. Oh, there are some goblin squatters wanting take one of the monster corpses, you got a problem with that?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Mountains

Fel nods in agreement.

I completely agree, I sure don't want to be stuck in here, whanging my head on a dangly rock.

But how exactly do we lure it outside?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountains

There a chance that this thing be attracted to meat? Other than ours, I mean. Xavouir offers.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

5. - Top - End - #395

Mysterious Crater

Fine, Kurrack says. He then preps for a jump back into the tree, and leaps for it. He then starts to bound from tree to tree, until he's almost sure the goblins lost track of him. When he's sure of this, he starts to make a stealthy approach back to the Lady of the Waterfall. If he starts to think that the goblins might be noticing him coming back, he then makes his way following the boar's tracks.

If he does make his way back to the Lady of the Waterfall, he says this: Hey, got my sword back. Oh, there are some goblin squatters wanting take one of the monster corpses, you got a problem with that?
    Mysterious Crater

The 'Lady of the Waterfall' seems to have been looking for him as well as they both met one another as Kurrack is on his way up the crater, having to go the same way as the boar and hyena's did.
    She holds up her arm by the elbow and puts her hand by her chin, giving him a puzzled look as he explains. "Goblin... squatters? That all you hunters and beasts picked the same day to show up seems odd. However, if I did have a problem with it, what would you do? There seem to be something going on here and I intend to find out what."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mysterious Crater

The 'Lady of the Waterfall' seems to have been looking for him as well as they both met one another as Kurrack is on his way up the crater, having to go the same way as the boar and hyena's did.
    She holds up her arm by the elbow and puts her hand by her chin, giving him a puzzled look as he explains. "Goblin... squatters? That all you hunters and beasts picked the same day to show up seems odd. However, if I did have a problem with it, what would you do? There seem to be something going on here and I intend to find out what."
    Kurrack nods: Good point. So I kill beastie boar whilst you watch the gobbos?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountains]

"Do you hear that? It's coming," Wenomir says. "We might not have to lure it out. Get ready."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    The bullet grazes the arm of the beast. It fully realizes that Aaron is shooting from somewhere and runs back to its original point behind the hill. The darkness makes it much harder to see, but someone with good night vision (most likely not a problem to this group) could see a silent shadow of the wolf sneaking towards their general direction.
    Aaron aims and fires one more shot. After that, he picks up his SCAR H and sets it to semi auto.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

9. - Top - End - #399

Kurrack nods: Good point. So I kill beastie boar whilst you watch the gobbos?
    Mysterious Crater

She raises an eyebrow, staring at him with her black eyes. "Yes, what did happen to the boar? Is it still in the crater? I heard a lot of noises in this direction so I figured you were fighting it. I wasn't actually planning on staying this long, but if there is something suspicious going on..."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Crater

The boar killed a few animals, then ran off. That's when I got my sword back and encountered the goblins.

11. - Top - End - #401

Mountains

In a short while coming into the light of the sun that enters the cave, a creature rolled into a wheel shaped, back and tail covered in yellow fading to the blue shade of its body. As it enters the light, the monster speeds up the rotation of itself, racing out as a multi-ton shot toward those who entered its territory.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

Guinness is a little distracted summoning a new demon to notice the shadow. The demon rises up, crackling with electricity and shining light in quite a few directions. The Vidofnir. It's a little like an electric stork.
    Spoiler
    Show

While the Vidofnir might end up keeping the shadows at bay, it also pretty much gives away Guinness' current location. So he starts heading away from the demon and the wolf, scurrying along away from the fight.

Fortunately, Legion, being a floating mass of head whose primary job is to spot things, does see the werewolf's shadow. It pauses its plodding trip, to fire a few large shards of ice at the moving shadow from its mouth. Awfully sharp and cold those magic icicles. Quite dangerous. Well to normal flesh. I don't know if they would do anything against a shadow. Still, ice magic is the best a floating heads can offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Aaron aims and fires one more shot. After that, he picks up his SCAR H and sets it to semi auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caves]

Guinness is a little distracted summoning a new demon to notice the shadow. The demon rises up, crackling with electricity and shining light in quite a few directions. The Vidofnir. It's a little like an electric stork.
    Spoiler
    Show

While the Vidofnir might end up keeping the shadows at bay, it also pretty much gives away Guinness' current location. So he starts heading away from the demon and the wolf, scurrying along away from the fight.

Fortunately, Legion, being a floating mass of head whose primary job is to spot things, does see the werewolf's shadow. It pauses its plodding trip, to fire a few large shards of ice at the moving shadow from its mouth. Awfully sharp and cold those magic icicles. Quite dangerous. Well to normal flesh. I don't know if they would do anything against a shadow. Still, ice magic is the best a floating heads can offer.
    Aaron's shot misses, being rather quick and having an extremely low time frame. Each ice shard slows down the shadow, but after a few hits, it begins regaining speed. The "real" wolf is nowhere to be seen.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Mountains

In a short while coming into the light of the sun that enters the cave, a creature rolled into a wheel shaped, back and tail covered in yellow fading to the blue shade of its body. As it enters the light, the monster speeds up the rotation of itself, racing out as a multi-ton shot toward those who entered its territory.
    Felandria will instinctively step in front of the others, using what little room there is in the cave to grow a little bigger, hopefully enough to absorb the blow if Plan A doesn't work.

Plan A, of course, being her sword, which she holds firmly in front of her, hoping the creature will impale itself.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2017-10-22 at 04:16 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405

Mysterious Crater

The boar killed a few animals, then ran off. That's when I got my sword back and encountered the goblins.
    Mysterious Crater

"It's just another beast, but I would like to know what happened to it when it came back to life all of sudden." She pauses and then offers her clawed, grey-skinned hand. "I'm Minerva by the way. Not sure if I actually caught your name..."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountains

Xavouir's left hand extends, and Kitty flies into it. Xavouir's hood flies back, revealing a red skinned man with long black hair. Six horns raise from his head, and his mouth spreads to an all K-9 snarl. He has four eyes, each one a dark shade of purple. An echoing feminine voice coming from the snarl then says: De sepulcris dominae mihi vires!

At this sentance, The black blade ignites in purple flame. Xavouir/Kitty then puts both hands on the blade, going into a defensive stance.

Mysterious Carter

I'm, uh, Kurrack. Kurrack Lai. Kurrack accepts the hand, then continues saying: I don't remember much of how the boar came back. I remeber a flash, and dark tendrils extending from it. Then, poof. It's back on its feet.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-22 at 06:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountains]

Well, this is new. Wenomir wasn't expecting something wheel-shaped. Since Felandria is taking the brunt of the attack, all that's left for him is to get ready for the monster's reaction.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #408

Mountains

The creature slams into Felandria's sword, the sound of its metallic hide scrapping on the blade, perhaps knocking her sword away. Sliding out of the impact, the creature uncurls itself, revealing itself to be a large creature with stout legs, small arms and a reddish colored chin that dominates its head. It slams its chin on the ground and roar, the impact shaking this area of the mountains.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Aaron's shot misses, being rather quick and having an extremely low time frame. Each ice shard slows down the shadow, but after a few hits, it begins regaining speed. The "real" wolf is nowhere to be seen.
    Aaron sits and waits, scanning the field with his scope. He may not know where the target is, but for the moment, the target doesn't know where he is. As long as he stays still, the longer that will remain.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

Guinness ducks behind a tree and pulls his pistol, just in case the demons can't handle the wolf. Legion stops spewing ice at its target for the moment, floating closer anyways. Vidofnir on the other hand just sparks up all over the place, shooting lightning into the air haphazardly to light up the area nearby.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Aaron sits and waits, scanning the field with his scope. He may not know where the target is, but for the moment, the target doesn't know where he is. As long as he stays still, the longer that will remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caves]

Guinness ducks behind a tree and pulls his pistol, just in case the demons can't handle the wolf. Legion stops spewing ice at its target for the moment, floating closer anyways. Vidofnir on the other hand just sparks up all over the place, shooting lightning into the air haphazardly to light up the area nearby.
    [Caves]

The real werewolf is still not seen. The shadow sticks out like a sore thumb in the light, and also slows down dramatically, seemingly being exhausted and looking near death. The slowness is obviously not from ice, but from damage, just as the light is causing.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Primal Jungle

Arf continues gnawing on the huge beat's tail.

"ARF ARF!"

This may or may not cause it any real degree of discomfort. Chomps CAN gnaw through metal if they're given the chance, so maybe it might become a nuisance?

Yellow, meanwhile, reacts to the molten blob in a fashion that might surprise the huge beast at least a little bit. She leaps from her perch toward the incoming projectile and-!

"mLOM!"

She lashes out her tongue, snags the huge thing in mid-air, yanks it back into her own mouth (somehow), and-

"PLEH!"

-spits it back toward the beast with impressive velocity. A moment later she hits the ground sprinting, making good time in spite of the marshy soil. Her route is taking her away from the beast for now, though carefully calculated to get the creature to run straight into the pitfall if it peruses. And if it doesn't... well. She'll just have to double back around and try to get it really angry. With any luck, Sam might even do something helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Primal Jungle]

Sam creeps out from behind his rock, carefully placing himself behind the pitfall. Then, he readies his caravan gun, and fires it at the monster. Now, with its sawed-off barrel it's unlikely he'll be able to do much damage from a long range like this, but that's not the point. The point is to make it annoyed. And that he thinks he can do, even while hastily shoving another shell into the barrels.
    Primal Jungle

The beast rocks back a half step when its own fireball slams into its flank and explodes in a violent ball of fire and pitch. The tarry substance clings to its side and while sizzling can be heard, it just seems to piss the dinosaur off rather than truly hurt it. It gives one more of its ear-splitting roars only to get cut off when the shotgun fires and it finds its cheek hit by a shotgun slug. It pauses then, letting the others have a chance to see a small bloody wound form and begin to weep as slowly turns towards the one who shot it. It casts a harsh glare at Sam, but it seems to think heavily for a moment.

Instead of engaging like it seems to want to do, it simply turns around in a huff and begins to walk off in the other direction. Its tail swishes back and forth behind it, hitting trees and rocks and water in an effort to scrape the chain-chomp off but overall it doesn't seem entirely too concerned by it.

23. - Top - End - #413

Mysterious Carter

I'm, uh, Kurrack. Kurrack Lai. Kurrack accepts the hand, then continues saying: I don't remember much of how the boar came back. I remeber a flash, and dark tendrils extending from it. Then, poof. It's back on its feet.
    Mysterious Carter

"Yes, I saw that too. A mysterious force seemed to have taken hold of it. Likely related to that black blood it was dripping all over the place. I've seen those types of boars before, giant animals are the most common type of beast here in the hunting grounds, but I've never seen a single one doing that, or bleeding black blood."
    She replies, her hand feeling awfully cold as he shakes it. "Do you think those goblins might know more about it?"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Mountains

The creature slams into Felandria's sword, the sound of its metallic hide scrapping on the blade, perhaps knocking her sword away. Sliding out of the impact, the creature uncurls itself, revealing itself to be a large creature with stout legs, small arms and a reddish colored chin that dominates its head. It slams its chin on the ground and roar, the impact shaking this area of the mountains.
    The sword does indeed get knocked out of her hand, fortunately, one of the enchantments allows her to recall it.

She is also knocked back a couple of steps by the creature, and once she gets her bearings, she turns to the others.

Any ideas?

We could probably use one.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountains]

"We need to lure it outside the cave," Wenomir says curtly, before throwing a knife at the creature - whatever weak spot he can see. Then he'll start backing away, ready for its reaction. They need more space to maneuver, or the thing will just squish them.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountains

Kitty / Xavouir points the dark flaming black blade at the creature, letting loose a gout of Holy Flame with the intent to get the creature burning. Burning creatures may get angerier, but an angry target is one who doesn't protect their weak-spots.

Mysterious Crater

They said they were hunting it, but I didn't exactly get on the best terms with them. Plus their leader is a really smug a**hole. Kurrack explains.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-28 at 06:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

[Caves]

The real werewolf is still not seen. The shadow sticks out like a sore thumb in the light, and also slows down dramatically, seemingly being exhausted and looking near death. The slowness is obviously not from ice, but from damage, just as the light is causing.
    Aaron fires once in the air and then ducks behind the nearest concealment from where he shot.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

Guinness instructs the two demons to move in on the shadow, which they do, concentrating primarily on generating light. The dwarf scans outwards towards the perimeter of the area. They might be hurting the shadow but there's no guarantee they were hurting the werewolf itself and it may be sneaking around them to flank them the old fashioned way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #419
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Primordial Jungle]

What an annoying creature.

Though, funny, it probably thinks more or less the same of them.

As the beast's tail sways this way and that, Yellow sticks two fingers in her mouth and gives a shrill whistle. At the sound, Arf's chain plunges downward and upon the chomp-flail's handle touching the ground it suddenly holds fast. It doen't look like it's actually attached to anything, but in spite of that the rod-like handle has become virtually immovable.

Hmmm...

Sounds like adventurer shenanigans.

This may prove to be a pretty good momentary distraction, so Yellow is going to opt for Plan B. She gets a running start and will aim to leap onto the monster's back during the momentary confusion when it discovers that it has been restrained. This is, obviously, far more risky than she would like. But the ugly thing isn't going to play nice and bumble into her pitfall trap. So that means a more direct route is going to be required.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

[Primordial Jungle]

Sam hasn't been given any instructions, so he's just going to let the yoshi do her thing until he gets some. Which is unlikely because she can't talk. So he sticks to the plan and just fires his gun again. He's aiming low so as to not hit Yellow in the process, followed immediately by loading new shells into it.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-11-02 at 05:20 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]