New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

By a River
    Krur activates his energy shields, hoping that they might be able to block an enemy which is composed of energy itself. He sets his pistol to "full auto" and hopes he has enough ammo to clear out most of the creatures."Doc! If you've got something up your sleeve, now might be the time to use it."
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-09 at 05:30 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    By a River
    Krur activates his energy shields, hoping that they might be able to block an enemy which is composed of energy itself. He sets his pistol to "full auto" and hopes he has enough ammo to clear out most of the creatures."Doc! If you've got something up your sleeve, now might be the time to use it."
    Dots of vaguely canine forms are all about, nearly a dozen of them by the last count. I do say last, because now they're charging at you. Six at you, six at D.J. Your laser fire kills off two of them, your energy shields dissuade the rest. D.J. Throws some sort of pendant at the ground, and a large gaping maw swallows up three of his. D.J. then brings his cane down on one, killing it. The other two fall back with the four that were on you.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

By a River
    Krur begins to back off. "I've got 3 shots left. We need to find a defensive position, stat!"

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

By a River
    Krur begins to back off. "I've got 3 shots left. We need to find a defensive position, stat!"
    D.J. follows Krur's lead, along with two dogs. The other four are nowhere to be seen. D.J. whacks one of the hounds nipping on his heels, but the other still follows.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

By a River
    Krur switches his gun back off full auto and fires on the remaining dog.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #516
    Halfling in the Playground

[Wandering]

"What?"
    Fettina asks of Electra. "How could you do that?"

She glances at Fayyaad. "It's just called the Hunting Grounds. Big game reserve. Lots of beautiful critters. I come here sometimes to practice my shooting," she says. Such as it is. She's still not very good at it yet.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

"I could teleport home, grab a bottle of something, and bring it back with me," Electra says with a smile. "My teleportation isn't always friendly with people's stomachs, though, especially when they're a bit tipsy, which is why I didn't offer before, but it wouldn't bother me. Would you like me to?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

"Let's just keep moving," Fayyaad says. "We've drunk plenty back in the Den, and I think Tina has other entertainment lined up, right?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

By a River
    Krur switches his gun back off full auto and fires on the remaining dog.
    The dog falls, and D.J. gets next to Krur.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

By a River
    "Whew! I think we chased them off." Krur removes his helmet and wipes sweat from his brow.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Wandering]

"I could teleport home, grab a bottle of something, and bring it back with me," Electra says with a smile. "My teleportation isn't always friendly with people's stomachs, though, especially when they're a bit tipsy, which is why I didn't offer before, but it wouldn't bother me. Would you like me to?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wandering]

"Let's just keep moving," Fayyaad says. "We've drunk plenty back in the Den, and I think Tina has other entertainment lined up, right?"
    "Other entertainment is right," says Tina, fluttering her eyelashes at the two of them. "He's right. Don't worry about it, Electra. Plenty to drink where we're going anyway."

Fettina will lead her companions down into the valley, at least seventy feet deep. They walk down a gravel path into the floor of a misshapen stone bowl with crumbling edges. A huge bonfire paints the walls in ripe orange and sweltering red. Figures dance a mad and shameless jig around the giant burning stack in the center of the valley floor. A few other people lie on quilts and rugs laid in the dirt around the flames, resting or drinking from great clay jugs and spotty tin cups. Beyond the fire's edge, a camp has formed around the edges of the little stone gulley, tents made of hide and ash-wood and bone. Many busy figures can be seen oiling spears, stringing bows, fletching arrows, polishing guns, and sharpening cutting implements made from bone, stone and steel alike.

They are monsters, every one, and though it is not as easy to tell at first glance, they are all hunters as well. The skins and hides of the living range from bright, coarse yellow fur to smooth, supple green packed with muscle. Rotund ogre-bellies and toothy canid jaws heave with laughter. The world is heat, and comfort, and peaceful cheery noise. The occasional hoot, roar or yelp echoes up from somewhere in the odd little thorp, but it seems those gathered here are mostly winding down to celebrate and cavort for the evening.

Beyond the pyre, the corpse of something that can only be described as a sort of... giant feathered drake appears to be cooking, suspended by iron pikes over a ditch full of burning coals. The monster was at least the length of a city bus when it was alive. The smell the feast of meat exhibits is so strong, salty-sweet and tantalizing that it is almost a mental compulsion in itself.

"I know somebody here who can hook us up,"
    says Tina, turning to grin at them, examining their reactions. "I'm sure she'll be happy to see some people that don't need such big doses. Then, maybe we can eat... or dance? And there's other stuff..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #522

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

Electra shrugs and smiles gently as she follows Tina down into the valley. She seems to relax slightly at the sight of the camp, oddly enough. She was expecting something a bit more exotic in terms of inhabitants, so this is a nice surprise. Not to mention that the scent of the cooking meat has started to whet her appetite. The mention of not needing such big doses focuses her attention back on Tina.

"I wouldn't be so sure about needing a smaller dose in my case. My systems are surprisingly good at breaking things down." A bit of embarassment shows through her smile, and she winks at Fayyaad.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

By a River
    "Whew! I think we chased them off." Krur removes his helmet and wipes sweat from his brow.
    That we have. We should leave though, those dogs are unnatural. More unnatural than usual, I mean.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

By a River
    Krur holsters the pistol. Scanning the horizon, he spots an uneven dark spot.."I think there's a town over there. It'd be a lot safer than this wilderness." He sets off for the town.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #525

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Kurrack eventually hops down, warily, and starts to casually towards the no doubt suffering individual. As he does this he's whistling (He has a beak though, so who knows how he's doing it), and has his chainsword brandished in his right hand as he flicks a bullet from one finger to the next on his left.

Oof, that looks just *augh*. Man, I might actually puke. No, no, I'm totally kidding. I've seen people in waay worse places than you, pal. Say, have you ever considered becoming a decoration? I think I might hang you up on yonder tree, then leave you for this boar I've been hearing so much about, or as bait for your buddies. Man, either way you'll probably die. Or, and this is a big or so pay attention, you could answer some questions, I'll wash you off on the river, and pull up some o' my Shamantic, Druidic powers from the almighty Ancestors themselves to send you running for the lodge. Which option sounds more appealing, chum?[/COLOR]
    [Mysterious Crater]

Kurrack will see a goblin kneeling near a heavily wounded gnoll. As soon as he gets close, the goblin draws his blaster gun. "**** off!" He shouts and fires off a blast towards the kroot.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

Fayyaad takes a look around. There's all sorts of people he'd never seen before... and he's never really known this kind of place, either. This could be interesting.

"I think I'll be fine with a smaller dose at first. The rest of the plan sounds pretty good too."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mysterious Crater]

Kurrack will see a goblin kneeling near a heavily wounded gnoll. As soon as he gets close, the goblin draws his blaster gun. "**** off!" He shouts and fires off a blast towards the kroot.
    The blast hits him in the chest, but his armor absorbs most of it. That being said, Kurrack does grunt with pain.

That almost packed a punch, Snob. Why don't you run on back to your team, tell em where I am. I'll let you go. I promise. I need your buddies here, like soon. It'll save me the trouble of hunting them later.

Or, you could leave. Like the lodge itself. Get out the nexus somehow, and run as fast as you can. This whole kerfuffle doesn't concern you.

Or you could stay. Then I'll kill you while your friend watches, and he'll know that you didn't leave because of him. Your options suck, but those are the only ones you have.

Kurrack revs his chainsword.

So Snob, what's it gonna be? Make your choice knowing that no matter what you'll decide to do, your friend will still be alive. Depends on whether you'll be though.

By a River
    Krur holsters the pistol. Scanning the horizon, he spots an uneven dark spot.."I think there's a town over there. It'd be a lot safer than this wilderness." He sets off for the town.
    Agreed. Let us be off. DJ starts to briskly walk where the orc pointed.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-02-16 at 03:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

By a River -> Dust Storm

As Krur and DJ walk toward the town, the wind begins to pick up. Soon, a vicious dust storm has formed, and the town is still several miles away. The dust makes it impossible to see more than a few meters, even for Krur's sensors. There's a rocky outcrop nearby that might provide some shelter.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #529

[Mysterious Crater]

The goblin stares at him in disbelief, fires off another blast, and then runs off. Leaving the injured gnoll behind.

"Coward..." The gnoll groans with a cough, then turning to look at Kurrack. "So... what now?"

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Wandering]

Electra shrugs and smiles gently as she follows Tina down into the valley. She seems to relax slightly at the sight of the camp, oddly enough. She was expecting something a bit more exotic in terms of inhabitants, so this is a nice surprise. Not to mention that the scent of the cooking meat has started to whet her appetite. The mention of not needing such big doses focuses her attention back on Tina.

"I wouldn't be so sure about needing a smaller dose in my case. My systems are surprisingly good at breaking things down." A bit of embarassment shows through her smile, and she winks at Fayyaad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wandering]

Fayyaad takes a look around. There's all sorts of people he'd never seen before... and he's never really known this kind of place, either. This could be interesting.

"I think I'll be fine with a smaller dose at first. The rest of the plan sounds pretty good too."

"Well, come on then,"
    says Fettina, smiling, as she leads them into the camp. A few faces are raised and hands waved as Tina moves forward. She returns the greetings in kind, and a few of the bawdier or more amicable people present greet Elektra and Fayyaad as well in voices both sonorous and savage.

It isn't overlong before they reach a cave hewn into the side of the canyon. There is what looks like a small living space arranged in front of the torchlit hole, and as the three approach a figure emerges.

A woman of Amazonian height and physical proportion stands in the rocky recess, holding a torch that burns with blue fire. In her opposite hand is the haft of a spear, apparently snapped in two, with a tip of gouged and weather-beaten bronze. Her skin is nearly the same color as the metal. She wears a tattered toga to her mid thigh, the hem stained with dirt and other dark stains. Oh, and she has an enormous pair of scarlet wings folded behind her back. They are so long they almost drag in the dirt, even carefully raised, and she probably overmatches the wingspan of most small planes when they are spread.

This stranger halts before them, sandals spread in the dirt. "Tina," she frowns and quirks an eyebrow. She is scarred, one might notice. Most prominently on the left side of her otherwise carefully-sculpted mouth, where it looks like something hooked inside her lips and gave her a permanent half grin. Still, her lustrous beauty, her fierce good looks haven't yet been greatly worn down with the passage of time or battle. "And accompaniment. How do you do?"

"Hey, Extrix,"
    says Tina, grinning a pearly grin. "Fayyaad, Elektra, Extrix. Extrix, my friends Fayyaad and Elektra." She grins a little wider. "We're here for one of your potions."

"Mm, yes? Is that so?"
    says the winged woman called Extrix, straight to business. Tina seems to have deliberately positioned herself off to one side so the rather imposing woman can walk right up to Fayyaad and Elektra. She puts her hands on her hips, peering down. "So? How would Fayyaad and Elektra like to feel this evening?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #531

NinjaGuy

Electra nods at the winged woman when Tina introduces them, and looks thoughtful for a moment when Extrix asks how she wants to feel tonight.

"A little more free would be nice, I think. Expand my mind just a bit, that sort of thing."

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

"Relaxed and carefree sounds right for tonight," Fayyaad says, looking Extrix up and down. Tina really does have a good taste in friends.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mysterious Crater]

The goblin stares at him in disbelief, fires off another blast, and then runs off. Leaving the injured gnoll behind.

"Coward..." The gnoll groans with a cough, then turning to look at Kurrack. "So... what now?"
    Kurrack backs up a bit from the blast, grunting in displeasure, and then sighs listening to the gnoll.

You're hurt. I heal you, then tie you up on yonder tree. You'll tell your buddies to leave. You live if they leave. If they leave without you I'll cut you down and make sure you get out of the lodge okay. Deal?

By a River -> Dust Storm

As Krur and DJ walk toward the town, the wind begins to pick up. Soon, a vicious dust storm has formed, and the town is still several miles away. The dust makes it impossible to see more than a few meters, even for Krur's sensors. There's a rocky outcrop nearby that might provide some shelter.
    DJ tries to point out the rock outcropping to Krur as he makes his way towards it.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-02-19 at 11:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

East Gate

So, this is the place, eh?"
    A dwarf pauses as she crosses the gate threshold, admiring the village in front of her. It was no dwarven fortress, but it had a rough-and-tumble nature that she found positively delightful. Lucretia the dwarf was burly, had an eagre gleam in her eye, and wore an eye-searingly bright orange coat. Her red hair was shaved to the scalp on one side and grown long on the other, clustered together in dreads decorated with semi-precious jewels, much in the same manner as her four-inch long beard. Chain mail clanked as she walked, and strapped to her back were an axe and a warhammer, both plain but sturdy looking.

Well, there was no use in just standing gawping. Hefting her pack, Lucretia strode into Huntside to do... uh... whatever it was she was supposed to do to let her hunt monsters. She wasn't really sure on that point. Probably it would just sort itself out and she could get to the fighting soon. Probably.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

[East Gate]

Not far from the gate sits who appears to be a bipedal sabretooth cat. Her fur is dark grey, with white splotches that resemble scars, and she has dark grey curved horns. She's dressed in slacks and polishing a large greatsword, made in equal parts of metal and the bones of something large.

"If you're looking for the local settlement of hunters, then yeah."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Dust Storm
    Krur follows DJ to the rock outcrop. Nestled among the rocks is a tunnel leading down. Its entrance provides excellent protection from the wind outside.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #537
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

East Gate

"Heeey," Lucretia approaches the char, eyeing her with a mix of curiousity and awe. Some sort of cool cat person? This place was already great. "Name's Lucretia Flintmane, you can call me Lu though. You know where I can find lodging or if I'm supposed to talk to someone or something?" she spoke in a thick dwarvish accent that I'm definitely not going to type phonetically.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

[East Gate]

"I'm Thariza... just Thariza," the Charr says, as if there's supposed to be something more there. "There's some lodging available, in that great tree in the middle. Apart from that, anyone's welcome here. As long as you keep your weapons holstered and don't make trouble."

29. - Top - End - #539
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

East Gate

"In the tree huh? That's some elf bull**** but okay." Lucretia looks over at the tree then back at Thariza. "You been around here long Thariza?"

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

[East Gate]

"I don't know about elfs, whoever those are," Thariza says. Maybe they're like sylvari, living in trees and all. "Long enough to get the general idea about the place. I've been drifting for a while, and landed here most recently."