New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Forest]

The sniper slices triumphantly into Ifrit - but then gets grabbed! They didn't think he could still move his arm like that; he must have been exaggerating the wound to draw them in. And what's worse, it worked!

They struggle madly, clawing at Ifrit's arm to try to get him to let go.

"Maybe it's just a giant forest shark. We can probably take it." Anchor looks for a fin breaking the surface of the water. Which she doesn't find, just sees the ground disturbed by the monster.

"Okay, no. Split up a bit, it can only chase one of us, right?"
    Anchor turns and runs towards deeper into the forest, hopping up to grab a low-ish branch and start to climb. Surely a subterranean monster won't climb trees too well.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-10-27 at 11:09 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

Crashed Ship - Kendra

"No, let the others rot or freeze or stagger out on their own."
    Angel Slayer comments, helping the woman in the chamber to sit up so she can cough and try to recover. "Heal her however you can. Harm her and your life will be forfeit. Understand that." He warns just as the power finishes turning off and the chambers begin to flicker off one by one by one...

Crashed Ship - Cat and the Power Cradle

It was almost certainly a good idea to open the hatches before trying to remove the power core for they would have almost certainly sealed shut once it was turned off. The cables are difficult to turn, but proper leverage or at least using the crowbar to help will eventually cause it to loosen up to the point where hands can turn it loose. Provided of course that Rein can figure out that it is a left-hand thread. What kind of mad species uses that kind of threading?

If he's able to figure that out, it is just a simple matter of reaching in and pulling out the piece. His hand is barely small enough to fit in, and it will definitely be almost bone-breaking to pull his hand out with the core intact. It is hot in his hands, almost searingly so, and it almost feels static-y to the touch...

There was more than a good chance it was radioactive to boot, but he now has it in hand and the rest of the ship has lost power.

Crashed Ship - Dour Duo

The monster roars when its head is struck on the wounded side, steam hissing from the cold impact and audible cracking noises able to be heard. Instead of backing off or attacking however, he turns his single angry eye on his attacker and lowers his tail to rest right above the wounded spear-woman. The flaming edge is poised, ready to strike to finish her off, and he gives a low growl. The threat should be quite clear.

Crashed Ship - Two

Worst kind. Sick kind. Some bring disease of body. Others of mind or knowledge. Others plagues themselves.
    The slime tries to explain, completing the explanation with a series of hand gestures that don't truly seem to mean much. Ship paid big price to transport safely. We Many are susceptible and should flee.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Crashed Ship - Kendra

"Yes, yes, I get it," Kendra says, making a shoo-shoo motion at Angel Slayer as she move next to the woman, before placing a gentle hand on her, supporting her. She smiles at the woman in a motherly fashion.

"I'm here to help. Try and relax, ok? This won't hurt, I promise."

She closes her eyes for a moment, focusing, before opening them once more. Her irises flare orange for a moment, like flames flaring up, as a soft blue glow surrounds both of them. The woman, assuming she doesn't try and resist for some reason, will feel a warming sensation, as though she's just been immersed in a pleasantly warm bath, but the sensation flows into her very being, to her core. A split second later, the sensation will fade, but will leave in its stead energy and strength where there was once weakness and pain. Any injury the woman sustained from cryosleep or the thawing process will have been healed, leaving her fresh, as though she'd just awakened from a particularly energizing nap.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crashed Ship - Despicable Duo

Violet looks up as Glavvy shifts. As the tail moves she shifts her spear so she can (theoretically) hurt the monster with it if it tries to hit her. She tenses up as it nears her but looks confused when it stops.

Oh, you think you're a clever mother lover huh? Frig that, keep shooting! She calls as she figures out Glavvy's gambit. With her good leg she throws herself at Glavvy, trying to jam her spear into the beast's leg. She ain't nobody's hostage.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-11-02 at 06:22 AM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashed Ship - RobinHoldt]

Who the Magtok uses left-handed... Whatever. Rein gets it off, slower than he'd prefer, but progress is made. He starts to put a glove on when he notes the size of the hole. Tsking, he settles for a cloth handkerchief instead, wrapping it delicately around the core and pulling it back... Pulling it... Gah. Yanking it and clenching his mouth tight enough to make his teeth grind and tears begin to form at the edge of his eyes. It hurt so much, Rein had forgotten what a thrill it was. Still, this would certainly make using a gun with any form of kickback difficult. Let's try to avoid a scenario in which he needs to.

This core was still pretty hot. He'd need to find a container for it at some point. Soon if there happens to be one lying around, but he doesn't spend time past a cursory glance looking for one. More than likely he just ends up slipping it into his pants' pocket, keeping it wrapped up in the cloth. Reinholdt then strips off his jacket and rubs it along his head and neck, mopping up sweat he's built up through these recent exertions. Certain the jacket has as much of his scent he can get on there in a short period, he goes to the far hatch and tosses the jacket as far as he can out that direction. Those monsters are probably going to get in here soon and when they do, he's hoping to throw them off the trail and have them go further into the ship, chasing after the scented jacket.

He himself, however, floats up to the ceiling hatch and enters the maintenance tunnel for Zero-G. After checking and confirming he can't close the hatch behind him because of the power being off, he moves deeper in. The goal now is to loop out a ways and then back towards where he first entered the ship, trying to bypass whatever hideous devourers await. If the tunnel even heads in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #816

[Crashed Ship - Desperate Duo]

Ravanys has her gun aimed for another shot, but freezes in place when she sees what the creature is doing. Her eye flicks back and forth between Violet and the beast.

Clever boy.

She lowers her gun, but doesn't let it go.

Guess things got out of hand here pretty quick, huh? She flashes a quick grin.

And then the psycho tries stabbing the monster again. Ravanys rolls her eye.

Hey! Let it go, woman! Sheesh.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Crashed Ship - Endangered Duo

The Glavenus only hisses when the spear sinks into the thick muscle of his leg, slipping between hardened plates of his hide. When Ravanys lowers her gun though, Glavvy tilts his tail slightly and uses it to scoop below Violet to toss her towards the shooter. While the tail is hot and Violet is likely to get burned from it, it is better than being sliced in half by the super-heated tail-blade.

He'll stay and watch the pair afterward, not willing to turn his back to the two. Provided he isn't attacked again, he'll let the two do as they wish.

Crashed Ship - Kendra

The moment she feels healed, the doctor rolls out of the cryo chamber and onto the floor to begin losing her...well, if it was lunch it was something utterly indescribable. She heaves up a black-grey goo which Angel Slayer backs away from, but after a bit of squirming the mass settles down and the woman slowly gets up to her feet while wiping her mouth on her sleeve. "Primitive ****ing cryosleep always ***** ****** up my colonies." She grumbles, spitting out a bit more in disgust before leaning on her sleep chamber to recover while looking at Kendra. "To whom do I owe the pleasure?" She asks.

Crashed Ship - Rein

The scratching at the walls and doors gets louder, but Rein's cleverness will have paid off for the moment as the noises don't seem to be gathering at the Zero-G hatch. There wasn't a container in the room so he'll be forced to have the oddly warm and tingly rock in his pocket as he escapes. If he can escape. When he gets into the Zero-G hatch, there's a small tunnel leading upwards to a junction of half a dozen other tunnels. Each one is labeled in the alien language, but three seem to be heading in the direction that he came from. One is angled upward, one directly horizontal, and one downward but towards the prow of the ship.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashed Ship - Rein]

Cats like warm things. Warm and tingly things are the best.

A dozen directions crossroads are certainly not. angled upwards was probably safer, but had less exits from what he recalled. Horizontal theoretically should be the right way but almost seemed too obvious and might curve. Down and towards the prow was probably the way to go. He's already elevated above where he entered so a little down is good and he's almost certain there were holes to escape from in that direction. Granted, that also means things could enter, but there's a risk of that regardless and if he's going to encounter resistance, he'd rather it be near an exit than deep in the bowels of a futuristic labyrinth.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #819

Depleted Duo

Violet's not in any real shape to stop Glavvy from throwing her at Ravanys, but he'll have to wrench the spear out of his own leg as he does it - she's spitefully clinging to it. She swears (predictably) as her wounds are cauterised by the heat from the tail, and then starts swearing up a storm as she lands badly next to Ravanys. She manages at least to flip off Glavenus as she lays there groaning on the floor.

She really needs to get her leg looked at.

Show

10. - Top - End - #820

Default Re: [Forest]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The sniper slices triumphantly into Ifrit - but then gets grabbed! They didn't think he could still move his arm like that; he must have been exaggerating the wound to draw them in. And what's worse, it worked!

They struggle madly, clawing at Ifrit's arm to try to get him to let go.

"Maybe it's just a giant forest shark. We can probably take it." Anchor looks for a fin breaking the surface of the water. Which she doesn't find, just sees the ground disturbed by the monster.

"Okay, no. Split up a bit, it can only chase one of us, right?"
    Anchor turns and runs towards deeper into the forest, hopping up to grab a low-ish branch and start to climb. Surely a subterranean monster won't climb trees too well.
    ((Sorry))
    [Forest]

Ifrit will swing the sniper up and smash it down to the ground hoping to break a bone or two. Still this hurts him as well and his grip loosens a bit so the sniper might get away if he can react after getting smashed trhough the ground. In all this makes Ifrit unable to move frome the coming danger.

Karl in that time makes a sudden turn in the opposite direction Anchor goes. Nothing much to argue and nothing then a big rock will help him in his opinion.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #821

[Crashed Ship - Cautious Duo]

Ravanys keeps her eye on the creature. Seems like it wants to end things now, but you can't be too sure.

She makes no attempts to catch Violet as the woman gets tossed towards her.

So...learned your lesson?

She gives a quick glance to Anulhi. Hey. Got any potions for our idiot here?

Ravanys reaches her free hand behind her and teleports in some bandages, which she tosses to Violet.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #822

NinjaGuy

Crashed Ship - Kendra

"You may call me Kendra. I'm an...adventurer, of sorts." The best descriptor she can come up with, but considering how rare what she actually is seems to be, there's no reason to add confusion to the situation by muddying it with a term she'll then have to explain. Instead, she offers the woman a supportive hand. "Think you're up to walking, now? From what your friend said, sticking around might not be the best idea."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #823

Default [Forest]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Ifrit will swing the sniper up and smash it down to the ground hoping to break a bone or two. Still this hurts him as well and his grip loosens a bit so the sniper might get away if he can react after getting smashed trhough the ground. In all this makes Ifrit unable to move frome the coming danger.

Karl in that time makes a sudden turn in the opposite direction Anchor goes. Nothing much to argue and nothing then a big rock will help him in his opinion.
    ((Ah, I missed this scene too! Sorry!))

The sniper hits the ground with a crash and a sickening tearing sound - they won't be using that arm anytime soon. Or even getting back on their feet, though they do twist out of Ifrit's grasp and crawl a few inches.

The titanic burrowing creature arrives. It erupts from the earth underneath Ifrit (the summon is the largest and therefore the most delicious). First come the pincers, closing around Ifrit to try to swallow him, then a half-dozen spindly legs dragging the beast further out of its burrow. A centipede of monstrous scope, covered in velvety fur like a mole, with soulful human eyes and a mouth full of jagged teeth rather than clicking mandibles.

A big rock is great. Cover is always useful, and it probably can't dig through solid rock, if you can find some actual boulders to shelter atop.

Anchor, from her tree branch, shoots a bolt of fire towards the giant monster.
    This annoys it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Crashed Ship - Kendra

When the doctor takes Kendra's hand to help her up, there's a bit of stickiness on her hand which makes the woman frown once she's up. "Sorry, thought I got all the gunk off of me." She admits, wiping her hand on her jumpsuit and leaving a black stain behind. "Got a large number of nannite colonies living inside me and cryosleep messes them up something fierce. Had to purge the dead ones." She explains, still looking disgusted as she continues to wipe her hand off.

"Which way?" She asks.

Crashed Ship - Terrifying Twosome

Glavvy, recognizing the familiar gesture as one typical of Hunters bidding him farewell, mimics it as best as he can with his small arms and pairs of fingers. Afterwards he'll lean his great head down to rip the spear from his leg before spitting it down at his feet to take a long look at it. He hadn't seen a spear yet, so this was certainly new. He could tell that it wasn't a very good weapon compared to what he's faced before, but if the intruders are watching they'll see him looking it over quite clinically. When he's done, he'll look at the tip of his tail and try giving a few experimental short jabs into the air with it. He might not have won the fight and be worthy of a reward or at the very least some measure of healing, but he had gained a bit of knowledge.

Knowledge he didn't know what to do with, but he was willing to experiment. He keeps his eye on the pair still, but he does continue to try and use his tail in the foreign way that the spear would have been used.

Crashed Ship - Rein

It was quite the good idea that Rein didn't go back directly. It wasn't that it was too easy or a trap, but it would have lead him right over an open vent above the Devourer's Pit. As it stands, his choice of direction is fine at first. The air seems clean and unfouled, the gentle decline makes it an easy way to travel, and there doesn't seem to be all that many turnoffs. The ones there are, are all sealed shut due to the lack of power, but the breeze coming from below at least promises that his scent won't be carried before him and that he'd have a constant supply of breathable air.

It takes a good five minutes of moving through the vent before he finally comes across his first obstacle. A thick layer of spider webs, old but vision obscuring, blocks his way. It'd be easy enough to tear through but the question is if he wants to.

15. - Top - End - #825

Crashed Ship - Pacified Pair

No, heck you. is pretty close to what Violet groaned out so let's roll with that. She drags herself over to a nearby crate and leans against it. You shoulda kept shooting it. She says, slathering some more ointment all up her burnt side, swearing profusely in between words. We almost had it. You got any grog? She asks, wincing as her movements tweak her leg. How the heck are we getting out of here. is again very similiar to what she actually said.

Show

16. - Top - End - #826

[Crashed Ship - Placated Pair]

Ravanys will crouch down next to Violet. She clearly doesn't want to leave the injured woman completely alone. She's also keeping the creature in her view. Just in case.

I wouldn't have even fought it in the first place. No reason to, till you pissed it off, you idiot.

She'll teleport in some more ointment of her own to help with the injuries. But no alcohol.

Well, I'm still wanting to explore a bit, see if there's anything good in here. If you wanna leave, you could go right out the door we came in. Ravanys nods towards the opening. Should still be clear. Probably.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashed Ship - Rein]

The catboy really doesn't want to. Reinholdt was afraid of this. He specifically avoided the webbed entrance for a reason. Gah. At least it's a sign of being close to the exit. And he can't afford to turn around and choose another path. Whatever swarm was trying to eat him might have made it up into the vents by now. Granted, the amount of webs suggests another swarm is responsible. That or whatever made all these was already on the ship when it crashed. A possibility since the webbing looks old.

Well then maybe it died in the crash? Yeah. Y-yeah, let's just presume that. Jussst in case though, Rein will pull out of his hammerspace a XM42 flamethrower and prep it halfway, before just holding it to one side. He won't be able to use it at a moment's notice, especially since his other hand will be utilizing a small pole (not a ten foot one) to work on sweeping away the webs for him. He'd go slow and sweep slowly to prevent as many vibrations as he can, but this approach will wear him out if he takes too long, especially holding that flamethrower one handed like that. So he'll keep up a moderately reckless pace of sweeping web aside and continuing forward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #828

[Forest]

Ifrit is swallowed hole. The hurt summon doesn't manage to dodge. As he is swallowed he tries to rise his heat, but as the teeth close around him he drops this attemp.

The titanic centipede might be annoyed again, because the moment it got his teeth into the summons flesh, it just disapears. Ifrit has suffered mayor damage through the fight and summons tend to return to their plane before risking mayor injury.

Karl notice the disapereance of his summon. He feels a bit easy now as the presure of keeping Ifrit in this world is gone. He needs a few moments to realize what the bad side of this is.Rigth now he can't go directly for another summon. he needs at least a few minutes of rest. He tries to find a hiding spot somewhere between big rocks or so.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashed Ship - Storage Area?]

Having been stunned and knocked away by the powerful creature's roar, Anulhi only just stirs herself back to proper consciousness, blinking once or twice before staggering forward. After shaking her head, the somewhat anxious halfling steps forward towards Ravanys, glancing disdainfully as she notices Violet, all burnt and cut apart.

Frowning a little, she retrieves a potion from her knapsack, gently handing it over towards Ravanys.

"Well, ugh. I guess, have her take this. Ick, I've an awful headache..."

"Are... are you alright?"

20. - Top - End - #830

Crashed Ship - Together Again Trio

Violet will drink whatever potions she's handed.

Oh hey! Sleeping beauty, awake again! She pauses in her roasting to wince as her leg twinges again. Just because it's facing the right way now doesn't mean it's better. Glad you could HELP. She says. She is not being earnest. She's being Violet.

Show

21. - Top - End - #831

NinjaGuy

Crashed Ship - Kendra

"No worries, it happens," Kendra says, wiping her hand on her cloak absentmindedly as she looks to Angel Slayer. "Yes, which way, Angel Slayer?"

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Heart of the Jungle

The Goddess had bid him to Hunt, and so Glavvy did. If he could recognize that he was feeling trepidation however, he would. A Divine Beast such as the one she had pointed him towards for a trial was no small monster, and while Glavvy considered himself an Apex predator, these things were on another level entirely. One did not simply walk into their territory and survive, particularly if one antagonized them like he was being asked to. Not just that, but there would likely be other Hunters present the moment the fight started. A test, a trial, a hunt.

One that was more than likely to end with his own demise.

Still, The Voice in his head belonging to Her had bid him to seek it out, to prove himself, and so he would. But not without a bit of preparation. The beast gorged himself as he traveled to the jungle, feeding off of all the small prey he could find, drinking as much water as his belly could hold, and swallow as much small rock as possible to fill his gullet with fuel for his fire. Still, he felt unsettled and nervous as he finally breaches the Divine Beast's territory.

Now all that was left was to announce is presence.

He chooses a large boulder to scrape his tail-blade upon, sharpening it and producing a loud screech similar to that of metal on rock before he lets loose with a single loud roar of challenge. It was time to fight.
    [Heart of the Jungle]

The screech echoes through the air, hitting trees and bouncing off, traveling further, the echoes descending further and further into the gloom and darkness of the jungle's heart. Even if Glavvy didn't know what lurked here, this place would be foreboding, and the way sound echoes is something he's only found in caves before, making this seem all the more like the yawning maw of some terrible creature on a scale unimaginable.

Birds flee the trees, and the normal sounds of the forest simply cease. There's no sound, and the Jungle's heart falls eerily silent. Deafeningly so. And in that silence, can be felt a pulse, a rhythm, quiet for the moment but... growing. Growing growing, seeming to come from the trees, the grass, the very earth beneath the hunter's clawed feet. Despite having no sound, it continues to become more and more intense, until he can feel it in his bones. Something is here.
    Last edited by Halae; 2018-11-22 at 01:32 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Orc in the Playground

[Crashed Ship - Two]

Inwardly, Two felt fear of something new for the first time in a long while.

Outwardly, her act doesn't crack, save a conspicuous pause.

"Oh. Unfortunate. That changes things." A-2 retrieves a small device and presses a button, speaking into it. "This is Infinite Descent Operative A-2 broadcasting on all channels. I implore you to heed this signal no matter your opinion of us. Reconnaissance suggests this ship contains unknown bio- and info-hazards, carried by prisoners aboard. Avoid all contact with any escaped prisoners. Drones are en route to establish a quarantine. Those of you with means of escape who have not been exposed, evacuate now. Message repeats..." She affixes the beacon to a wall.

"I am calling air support to prevent any prisoner escapes. Not taking chances. None of them will escape. "

[Crashed Ship and Surroundings]

The above message starts playing on any compatible communications devices in the area, unless the ship's construction results in the message being jammed. Two's voice carries her signature robotic monotone despite the urgency of the message.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #834

[Crashed Ship - Three Again]

Ravanys will go to slap Violet in the back of the head for her attitude. Not too hard. The woman is injured, after all.

Be nice, or next time you get yourself in trouble, we'll just record it and put it online.

She nods to Anulhi. Yeah, I'm fine. Big guy here didn't get me too bad, and what you gave me earlier helped.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashed Ship - Together Again Trio]

This particular elixir, far stronger than the previous potion, tastes solely of potent spearmint, intense and unforgivingly harsh. It's curative effects, fortunately, are far stronger than that of the previous potion, and ought to repair most, if not all, of Violet's wounds, albeit in a somewhat painful sort of way.

Anulhi ignores her, for the most part, merely grimacing and shaking her head before muttering and scolding a little, an unusually cold tone to her otherwise cheery voice.

"You're lucky you're still standing! I can't believe you! The nerve! You're going to be sore for days!"

"And what if I hadn't been here, what then?"

--

Fuming somewhat, she turns to Ravanys, her tone softer and more considerate.

"What about you, are you hurt?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-11-22 at 03:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #836

Default [Forest]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Ifrit is swallowed hole. The hurt summon doesn't manage to dodge. As he is swallowed he tries to rise his heat, but as the teeth close around him he drops this attemp.

The titanic centipede might be annoyed again, because the moment it got his teeth into the summons flesh, it just disapears. Ifrit has suffered mayor damage through the fight and summons tend to return to their plane before risking mayor injury.

Karl notice the disapereance of his summon. He feels a bit easy now as the presure of keeping Ifrit in this world is gone. He needs a few moments to realize what the bad side of this is.Rigth now he can't go directly for another summon. he needs at least a few minutes of rest. He tries to find a hiding spot somewhere between big rocks or so.
    You know what's worse than food that's too hot?
    Food that's too hot and then disappears!
    The centipede hisses its anger at Ifrit and the world, and turns on Anchor, chomping through the trunk of the tree she's hiding in with a single bite.
    She responds to this by jumping forward, over the monster's jaws and onto its (extremely long) back.

This can only end well.

Karl can certainly hide amongst the rocks and be safe. For at least a few more moments.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Crashed Ship - Trio

Luckily there's still several decently sized silver bars laying around and waiting to be given a good and caring home. Glavvy won't care at all if they are grabbed provided he's not poked again.

Crashed Ship - Kendra

Angel Slayer is about to reply when he hears the broadcast over his helmet's comms. "It would seem this ship is to be placed under quarantine. If we are to escape, we must do so shortly. You were the one that came in through the front hatch. Perhaps we can leave the same way? It would be exposed so if we tarry too long then perhaps we'll be caught in the open when the quarantine hits, but it would be quickest." Angel Slayer points out as he simply leans down to pick up the scientist woman to carry her. "Lead on. We'll follow and if we get out of here, I'll even gift you my weapon for payment since we've little time to loot now."

Kendra's hand will itch a bit from the nannite goo after a few minutes, but nothing else seems to happen because of it.

Crashed Ship - Two

The slime looks a bit puzzled at Two's words but after it pieces them together it simply has a single question. "What of us?" It asks. Obviously it wanted to be sure that the safety of The Many would be prioritized. Being placed under quarantine did not sound like a pleasant idea.

Crashed Ship - Rein

The old webbing gives way pretty easily, but newer and thicker and wetter webbing rears its ugly head quickly enough. Nothing seems to leap out at him when he starts batting it away though and in minutes he'll find the exit in front of him. It looks to drop down into a mess hall, tables bolted to the floor, and a nice large cushion of dripping webbing below to catch his fall...

There's also quite a bit of angry muttering coming from the kitchen itself, as well as the sound of metal on metal as something goes rummaging through drawers.

Heart of the Forest

Glavvy isn't still as he waits to be attacked. Slowly he draws a circle in the ground around him with the edge of his tail, gouging it down several inches and letting the heated edge burn anything it touches. When he starts to feel the...thing approach, he pauses though, trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. It wasn't from above, nor was it from any path he could see, which meant there was only one real choice left. He parts his legs, getting more stable footing before igniting his tail fully and slamming it point down into the ground as far as it'll go. It was uncomfortable and left him exposed but it felt like that it was the only option left to him if he was to stand a chance.

28. - Top - End - #838

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Crashed Ship - Three Again]

Ravanys will go to slap Violet in the back of the head for her attitude. Not too hard. The woman is injured, after all.

Be nice, or next time you get yourself in trouble, we'll just record it and put it online.

She nods to Anulhi. Yeah, I'm fine. Big guy here didn't get me too bad, and what you gave me earlier helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    [Crashed Ship - Together Again Trio]

This particular elixir, far stronger than the previous potion, tastes solely of potent spearmint, intense and unforgivingly harsh. It's curative effects, fortunately, are far stronger than that of the previous potion, and ought to repair most, if not all, of Violet's wounds, albeit in a somewhat painful sort of way.

Anulhi ignores her, for the most part, merely grimacing and shaking her head before muttering and scolding a little, an unusually cold tone to her otherwise cheery voice.

"You're lucky you're still standing! I can't believe you! The nerve! You're going to be sore for days!"

"And what if I hadn't been here, what then?"

--

Fuming somewhat, she turns to Ravanys, her tone softer and more considerate.

"What about you, are you hurt?"
    Crashed Ship - Trio

Luckily there's still several decently sized silver bars laying around and waiting to be given a good and caring home. Glavvy won't care at all if they are grabbed provided he's not poked again.
    This stuff really needs some friggin' rum. She says. She's slapped in the back of the head, going to round on Ravanys, before her phone starts beeping at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Crashed Ship and Surroundings]

The above message starts playing on any compatible communications devices in the area, unless the ship's construction results in the message being jammed. Two's voice carries her signature robotic monotone despite the urgency of the message.
    ((check the full post for the message))

Oh, sweet, someone's fire bombing us. Violet says, pushing herself to her feet. Just what we friggin' need. HEY! GIANT IDIOT! She yells at Glavenus. GET OUT OF HERE OR I'LL COME BACK AND WEAR YOUR CHARRED SKULL LIKE A HAT! She seizes as many silver bars as she can and starts to leg it out of the ship.

Show

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Heart of the Forest

Glavvy isn't still as he waits to be attacked. Slowly he draws a circle in the ground around him with the edge of his tail, gouging it down several inches and letting the heated edge burn anything it touches. When he starts to feel the...thing approach, he pauses though, trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. It wasn't from above, nor was it from any path he could see, which meant there was only one real choice left. He parts his legs, getting more stable footing before igniting his tail fully and slamming it point down into the ground as far as it'll go. It was uncomfortable and left him exposed but it felt like that it was the only option left to him if he was to stand a chance.
    [Heart of the Jungle]

The thrum of power continues for a long moment, and then, suddenly, it stops. The lack is completely different, like a pressure was just removed from one's very spirit. But it doesn't change the fact that it's here, somehow. And when Glavvy turns his head slightly, he'll catch the scent of wet, freshly tilled earth, and turning towards the source, he'll see something awful, and completely out of place. This thing isn't in the ground, or coming along a forest trail. He knows this now, because he can see a blood red eyeball protruding from the tree to his left.

Catching sight of it, he'll have just a moment to notice the fact that something is bulging under the ground, rushing at him like a bullet under the dirt, and will reach him in but a moment.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #840

[Crashed Ship - Trio]

Ravanys raises her eyebrow at the message being broadcast. That doesn't sound like firebombing, but yeah, we should probably get going. She'll stroll over and grab a couple bars of silver, though. Hannah might find a use for it.

She faces Glavvy, hoping he can understand her. Hey! People are gonna be surrounding this place soon! Might wanna leave! She gives accompanying arm gestures to help illustrate all this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS