New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Forest]

No it won't! It needs its blood to live!
    It bites down on the gun, mangling it pretty catastrophically, but is visibly weakening already.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

Forest

Koshal jumps back and fires the rest of his magic bullets, all seven of them.
    Goodbye, lead loot.

Faye starts bounding back to Koshal but it might be too late to do much.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #123

Default [Forest]

In fact, it is too late for Faye. Point blank shots with all those magically enhanced bullets have put an end to the monster.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Koshal lets out a big breath, reloading his pistol with a spare and retrieving his mangled rifle. Faye and Dune walk over as he stares at the body.
    "Isn't something supposed to happen when you kill something here?" he asks Faye, who only tilts her head at him.

5. - Top - End - #125

Default [Forest]

Koshla should find that he knows exactly what Faye's tilt of the head means. He can understand and make himself understood to animals very clearly.

Scavengers will be here soon. Plus, he should probably collect his horse before it's eaten by a giant eagle or something.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Well, he did anyway, with her being part of him and all, but he'll figure it out soon enough when he starts realizing just how grumpy Dune is most of the time. Though it's different because Faye is as smart as he is while Dune is just a dumb horse.

Still, Koshal straps the mangled firearm to Dune's saddle and takes off. Maybe he'll find something on the way back, but he's already risked a lot and had a few close calls. Going out here alone might not have been the brightest idea.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Huntside Mess Hall

The bird-person known as Kurrack Lai walks in and finds a place to sit. He then waits for Fendrick.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huntside Mess Hall

Fendrick the rat-man walks up to where the bird-man Kurrack Lai is sat waiting. Fendrick's biscuity brown fur is recently-combed, his tweed waistcoat is dashing yet practical. He wears a jasper ring that gives him improved night vision. On his waist is a sheath with a gladius sword in it. Fendrick is carrying a crossbow and has a stash of crossbow bolts; plenty for the hunt. He purchased them on his way with gold earned on his previous adventure. His whiskers twitch in excitement; he is keen, yet inexperienced.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huntside Mess Hall

As the two enter the mess hall, a hooded individual sitting in the corner of the room looks up, two glowing red eyes twinkling in the shadows. As they take a seat, the figure raise from its seat and slowly approach the two. "Excuse me, gentlemen?" In the light they can see that the figure, which have no distinguishable gender, beyond its slender humanoid form, wears bandages over their entire body. The few spots that the bandages doesn't cover, such as the figures "eyes" emit a red glow as if the figure was made up of pure light.
    "I couldn't help but to notice your gear. You are adventurers, yes? Since I could use some help in the retrieval of a object."

Seems like classic adventure stuff, being contacted by a shadowy stranger in a corner.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurrack looks at Fendrick, and says: Told you I could see the future. We would be happy to help, sir or madam. I still don't get humans that much.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huntside Mess Hall

Fendrick beams; as he does so his ratty teeth look a little strange. He is more than happy to help. His ratty tail swishes with excitement.

12. - Top - End - #132

Huntside Mess Hall

"Humans? Have no fear then, since I am not one of them." The bandaged entity sits down by their table. "But my name is Zhara, and what I am is a collector of artifacts. I recently came across information that a particularly interesting one is located here within the hunting grounds." Zhara gestures towards the table and a illusionary map of the hunting ground appears upon it with a big red X marking a location deep within. "According to my information, a graveyard for beasts is located here, and within it, the artifact that is said to have created it." Zhara makes a sweeping gesture and a small illusion of a black gnarled staff appears, hoovering above the X on the map. "I cannot be certain of what it looks like, but it is supposed to sit in the middle of a wellspring of water. Once you located the spring, you should be able to find the artifact. The payment will be determined by you of course, I have several ways of paying my dues." Zhara pauses. "Any questions?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I am assuming that there will be undead afoot. If so, do you know if they are run of the mill zombies or something unique? asks Kurrack.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huntside Mess Hall

Fendrick is more than a little nervous, but has no questions to ask. He merely hopes his novice skill level won't let him down. He is more keen on the actual adventure and on appearing brave than on the reward, although the talk of reward so soon does pique his interest... It sounds like this will be quite the challenge! Fendrick shifts slightly in his seat as he contemplates the task ahead...

15. - Top - End - #135

Huntside Mess Hall

Zhara shrugs. "My sources doesn't tell me anything about any undead guarding the area, but as you might have been able to guess, I haven't actually been there myself. However, whatever the case, it is located in the middle of the hunting grounds after all, which means it must be filled with monsters." Zhara explains. "Anything else? Your payment is of course up to you."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-06-11 at 02:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurrack leaps from his seat. I think my associate here and I will accept your offer.What do say, Fen?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huntside Mess Hall

Fendrick also gets up from his seat; he agrees!

18. - Top - End - #138

Huntside Mess Hall

"Excellent!" Zhara stands up as well, pointing out a part quite some distance from the red X, where now a green X appears. "This is our location." They then trace a line from the green X towards the red one. "This should be the closest path to your destination, avoiding these mountains is important as they are a wyvern breeding ground, so I suggest you walk around them. Zhara ends at the red X first indicated. "As long as you follow this path, I shouldn't expect too much trouble until you get get to the graveyard. So unless you have any other quandaries, I suggest you start moving. Keep in mind, I only want the artifact, everything else you find is yours to keep."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-06-11 at 12:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurrack starts towards the door. Been a while since he has actually done something, so he takes his chainsword out and gives it a little test. Unbalanced as ever, Kurrack puts the big thing away in disappointment.

Right then, Fen. Let's be off.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-11 at 12:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huntside Mess Hall

Fendrick follows, eager to not appear afraid.

21. - Top - End - #141

Huntside Mess Hall==> Mysterious Crater

Zhara bows as they leave. "Good luck." They bid them.

If they do follow the map, perhaps one of them copied it on a piece of paper, they will after quite some time reach what must be a enormous crater in the ground. If the map is correct, the artifact should be somewhere within it. Yet as the trees down in the crater grow so densely, it is impossible to see what is really down there. There is simply too much vegetation in the way.
    What they can see however are enormous white spines sticking out from the vegetation. It might take them a moment to realize it, but these are actually bones of what most have been gigantic creatures the size of houses, taller than even the tallest of trees in this area.

The challenge is going to be to get down in the crater somehow, it is pretty steep and there are enormous vulture-like birds flying above it. Occasionally swooping down into crater below through the dense foliage. They can see that a few of these birds have built nests among the enormous bones, using them as homes for their hatchlings. Those birds do not look particularly friendly though, might be best to keep a distance from them.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-06-11 at 01:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, Fen, I got ourselves a plan, starts Kurrack, quietly of course.

I'm going to go over yonder, far away from this crater, and activate my chainsword while you sneak down the side of the crater and snatch that artifact. It'll be risky, which is why I am currently praying to the ancestors that these birds of prey will see a kinship in me. If you find anything bigger than an elephant, book it. You said you had experience before this, so if there is something small and handle-able, I trust you to take care of it. Any questions?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Hunting Grounds Mess Hall

Spoiler: What the dude who just walked through the front door looks like (guy on the rock)
    Show

The dude who just walked in is followed by two alien looking "hounds". A voice emanates throughout the walls, and says: I am Ne-Gok-Sa, conqueror of death itself. I require an exotic animal, of which can be cooked and eaten.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

A bored-looking green spotted woman looks up from her drink. Personally, I'd recommend the blink rabbits. Quite tender and they have a good zap of magical energy. Maybe some shrieking scallions to complement them. Oh, and don't forget the wild time - really helps keep the magical kick in."
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2017-06-21 at 11:55 PM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Hunting Grounds Mess Hall - Forest

Ne-Gok-Sa makes a chittering sound, akin to some form of large insect. He storms out of the mess hall without another word. He looked towards his hounds, psychically transmitting their target. The dogs look towards one another, start to fight, and then run off into the forest. The dog's progress is silent, and if they find another creature larger than the bunny, they have orders to run back to Ne-Gok-Sa.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Game flushes in all directions as the hounds run through the grass. Finally the hounds catch a scent, leading to a warren of burrows.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Ne-Gok-Sa follows the dogs there, and starts to stealthy project his thoughts that delicious bunny food is right outside the burrows. If one of the rabbits fall for it, Ne-Gok-Sa will stab it in the head.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Forest

Suddenly, a rabbit blinks up above the burrow quickly, perched on a nearby ledge! It's only there for a moment though.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Tree

[closed scene for now]
    A tanned, teenage centauress is here, munching on something. Her hair and tail are long and black with a white coat on her lower half. Her pronounced curves have drawn some attention. Especially given that she is only clad in a few pouches and a red scarf. She carries a long wooden staff with feathers and hair tassles. Right now she is only standing there, biding time.

30. - Top - End - #150

Great Tree

Slowly moving past is a hyena the size of a horse, mounted by a red-skinned woman with horns. She is wearing a split riding skirt and matching black sports bra. It appears that the tiefling is heading for the tree itself, perhaps to the huntside lodge, and will just be passing by.