New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

Blink Bunny Burrow

Ne-Gok-Sa goes into a defensive stance.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mess Hall]

And now there was a high priest and a shaman? She had heard of communities like that, but there usually was a rivalry between the priest and the shaman. This seemed to be something else though. It felt like they were hiding something from Willa.
    "I see, that's an unusual division of power. Could you explain your relationship to this priest? Is she your superior? Usually communities have either a god or a number of spirits, not both."
    Mess Hall

"Alexis is the high priestess for the entire town. I only work for the Herd who live there. Moreover, Alexis communes with the goddess herself. Mostly I deal with the spirits, who are on a bit of a lower level. Smaller scope,
    smaller congregation."
    Willa explains.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mess Hall]

Sounds like how the old empire's set up, with a god, and then a cabal of warlocks working underneath her. Sounded like this tribe was a bit more sophisticated than Astrana first had thought. They obviously had a more advanced structure than most communities she had contact with, using both a god and spirits to support their people.

Willa hinted at some potential conflict between the "older gods" though, but it didn't sound like she knew much more about that. Whatever it was though, Astrana did not want to get involved with it. Willa seemed to trust these people, so who was she to judge even if she suspected they'd sacrifice her on a altar to some hungry blood gods in the end?

"Okay, I think I understand now. Hopefully you don't have any probation against killing though as I'm planning to kill a beast out here. Any good at fighting with a weapon? A spear for instance?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mess Hall]

Willa pats her staff. The metal end looks quite solid.
    "I've been trained in the sword, spear, bow, gun, and staff. So yes." she says. Libra didn't take away her knight training did she? She doesn't plan on finding out.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Blink Bunny Burrow

Ne-Gok-Sa goes into a defensive stance.
    Something large and serpentine is coming. Very, very large. And it seems to be projecting some sort of anti-magic field.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Uh-oh. Got time for one last command to the dogs I guess. We have enough dead bunnies for this "stew" I do believe. Focus your attacks on the large creature coming our way!
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

7. - Top - End - #217

[Mess Hall]

"Excellent, since my current project involves stabbing an animal to death. Think you can do that? Hopefully we will it trapped, so you will have an easier time with it." Astrana explains. "Sacrifice is the key to success for shamans and warlocks, it is an essential part of our trade. The more you want done, the greater the sacrifice. Though that is true in any line of work really. Outs is just a bit more literal."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Mess Hall

"Oh yeah, of course. Normally my sacrifices are pacts, basic rules I abide by, but I've butchered animals before. Farm life and all that. I only have my staff and a little knife, though." she admits, going through her many pockets.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Uh-oh. Got time for one last command to the dogs I guess. We have enough dead bunnies for this "stew" I do believe. Focus your attacks on the large creature coming our way!
    A large, serpentine creature lunges through the burrow, the dirt seeming to disintegrate around it. It lunges towards the nearest dog, revealing huge fangs longer than the dog's head.

10. - Top - End - #220

Mess Hall

"I will provide the weapon in this case, so don't worry about that. The difficult part will be to drive the beast into the trap. Once that is done, finishing it off with the weapon will be easy." Astrana argues. "With any luck, something has already fallen into it."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mess Hall]

Willa nods and reaches into a satchel, pulling out...a shirt? That's slipped on rather unceremoniously.
    "How big a beast are we talking about here? I hope this is enough to keep the blood off me. I admit you didn't look like someone who was carrying too many weapons on their person." she admits. Unless Astrana has hammerspace she doesn't seem like she could be carrying more than a few knives.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Sadly, the dog is eaten. The other one though lunges at the beast's right flank, hopefully making an incision. If the attack is successful, Ne-Gok-Sa makes a quick dashing blow at the wound, seeking to make the creature bleed.

13. - Top - End - #223

[Mess Hall]

Astrana smiles. "The best weapons don't announce themselves." She then reaches down and a curved wooden tool with a beak at the end that must have been fastened at her hip. "This is a kylie, a beaked boomerang. Might be a bit more difficult to use than your traditional weapons. The theory is that you throw the beak against the head or the throat of the beast, impaling it. Some would call this weapon primitive, but I believe with a boost it would be quite fearsome. The difficult part is of course hunting down and killing a predator with it, which is why I feel that I need some aid."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mess Hall]

Willa raises an eyebrow. Interesting, to say the least.
    "Well, alright. Are we going now, today? Because I'm ready whenever you are." she says, trying her best to sound confident.

15. - Top - End - #225

Near Mysterious Crater

Thank goodness it isn't a blink bunny. I'd have to start quoting Monty Python! yells Kurrack Lai as he employs his species infamous leaping abilities, jumping over the overgrown hog with ease, and landing on a tree branch where a bird (even if humanoid) would be if they were a cliche. Kurrack is a cliche, and he rests on the branch, wondering what the boar will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Mess Hall]

Willa raises an eyebrow. Interesting, to say the least.
    "Well, alright. Are we going now, today? Because I'm ready whenever you are." she says, trying her best to sound confident.
    Near Mysterious Crater

The hog simply charges onward, disappearing among the trees which shakes violently as it passes by. If the hog had gone into the tree Kurrack jumped up in, it would probably have fallen over. So if the hog comes back, he might be in trouble.

[Mess Hall]

Astrana considers for a moment. "Think you could do it today? I'm not sure I got all the proper tools for it, but if you feel you could make up for it..."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mess Hall]

"Well, if it's something bigger than me than I'd say we scram, but if it's a reasonable size I could do my best on it. I think we can, as long as we'red smart about it." Willa thinks, trying her best to remember everything Astrana told her. It doesn't sound too bad. Stab and/or beat something to death that's been trapped. But the Grounds isn't exactly a safe place.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Sadly, the dog is eaten. The other one though lunges at the beast's right flank, hopefully making an incision. If the attack is successful, Ne-Gok-Sa makes a quick dashing blow at the wound, seeking to make the creature bleed.
    The snake writhes and twists as the dog's teeth bite into it, throwing its full gaping mouth at the animal. Unfortunately, this leaves its flank open for Ne-Gok-Sa's attack to cut deep into it. The blood boils and bubbles with acid over the weapon.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Near Mysterious Crater

Kurrack deactivates his chain sword, and jumps into some nearby bushes, hoping to get the drop on the boar if he gets the chance.

Blink Bunny Burrow

Ne-Gok-Sa's weapon is made from a very formidable metal, and he keeps on slicing and dicing the overgrown snake.

19. - Top - End - #229

Near Mysterious Crater

Kurrack is lucky(?) in the sense that the boar doesn't seem to be coming back his way. Instead he can see it suddenly charge down into the crater to an uncertain fate. Why it, or any of the other giant beasts, would go down there is still a mystery.

The giant vultures are already flocking around the spot where the boar came down at though, another free meal.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Mess Hall]

"Well, if it's something bigger than me than I'd say we scram, but if it's a reasonable size I could do my best on it. I think we can, as long as we'red smart about it." Willa thinks, trying her best to remember everything Astrana told her. It doesn't sound too bad. Stab and/or beat something to death that's been trapped. But the Grounds isn't exactly a safe place.
    [Mess Hall]

"Being smart is what hunting is all about. But if you feel up for it, then let us go and see the traps." Astrana replies as she gets up from her seat, moving towards the exit. She hated leaving safety behind, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-05 at 06:51 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Ne-Gok-Sa's weapon is made from a very formidable metal, and he keeps on slicing and dicing the overgrown snake.
    That sword hurt! The snake hisses loudly and turns its fangs directly on Ne-Gok-Sa, lunging surprisingly quickly for a creature of its size, poison dripping from its fangs.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Ne-Gok-Sa quickly brings up his armored arm to absorb the blow, and tries to impale the creature in the head with his blade.

Mysterious Crater

Oh ****, that kid's still in there! mutters Kurrack. He quickly springs to his feet and rushes down the crater, his chain-sword now activated.

<Come at me you piece of **** ***** **** with a **** ***** for a ******* stick up your ***** **** ******! **** YOU!> screams Kurrack in his native language.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountains]

Stories of a dark beast in the mountains are heard throughout the hunting grounds. It is said that the creature's shadow looks like a werewolf, but it can somehow travel around people without them even noticing. The creature dwells in the caverns and hunts at night. The one to claim its head would obtain great glory.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Blink Bunny Burrow

Ne-Gok-Sa quickly brings up his armored arm to absorb the blow, and tries to impale the creature in the head with his blade.
    The snake's smarter than it looks. It twists its head at the last minute, trying to impale the arm holding the sword with its fangs.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Remind me what size Ne-Gok-Sa is again?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    The snake's smarter than it looks. It twists its head at the last minute, trying to impale the arm holding the sword with its fangs.

Show
    Remind me what size Ne-Gok-Sa is again?
    Show
    Medium, and the sword is his right arm.

http://img15.deviantart.net/6a81/i/2...rs-dau0sz5.jpg

Ne-Gok-Sa chitters in pain, but thankfully the snake seemed to forget about the dog. The creature carries out its previous command, and buries its fangs into the creature's wound. This will most likely kill the dog, but it will give Ne-Gok-Sa an opening to pull his arm out. Hopefully.

25. - Top - End - #235

Blink Bunny Burrow

Mysterious Crater

Oh ****, that kid's still in there! mutters Kurrack. He quickly springs to his feet and rushes down the crater, his chain-sword now activated.

<Come at me you piece of **** ***** **** with a **** ***** for a ******* stick up your ***** **** ******! **** YOU!> screams Kurrack in his native language.
    Mysterious Crater

As Kurrack attempts to rush down the crater, he will immediately find just how steep it is. If he is charging full speed down it, he will almost certainly fall right into it, head first, just like the boar did. So he either have to throw himself down there, or hit the breaks right away and walk down.
    There is no telling just how deep the crater is due to the thick vegetation, so he might break his neck throwing himself down there, or just suffer minor injuries.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Crater

Caught up in the taunt he was making, and being a little drunk from Trog's a bit earlier, Kurrack does indeed fall in.

<Oh s***.>

27. - Top - End - #237

Mysterious Crater

Then falling it is, and it is a long fall. Fortunately for Kurrack however, the aforementioned thick vegetation does slowly break his fall as he goes through several vines on his way down, finally landing on soft tall grass. That is not to say he comes out unscratched out of that fall, landing will hurt a lot and potentially cause more than just minor injuries.

Either way, the air within the crater is extremely damp, making it almost hard to breath. The hundreds of flies down here doesn't seem to mind though as they immediately lands on the fallen Kurrack and starts to wander all over his body.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-09 at 12:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Crater

Ow. That hurt. Why are all these bugs on me? I eat bugs. Maybe I'll have a sna-

FOCUS. BOAR, KID IN DANGER.

Right, kid. Oh, that is one dead boar. Huh.

Kurrack starts to gather his surroundings, sees if there are any immediate threats.

29. - Top - End - #239

Mysterious Crater

Besides the swarm of flies that surround him, the vegetation prevents him from seeing very far. The stench of decay mixed with the humid air would leave an impact on humans visiting the crater, but perhaps kroot's are made of sterner stuff.
    Either way, there doesn't appear to be anything immediately threatening nearby as far as he can see. He can hear a nearby waterfall though, this place would probably have been pretty nice if not for all the dead beasts laying around, and the flies of course.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Medium, and the sword is his right arm.

http://img15.deviantart.net/6a81/i/2...rs-dau0sz5.jpg

Ne-Gok-Sa chitters in pain, but thankfully the snake seemed to forget about the dog. The creature carries out its previous command, and buries its fangs into the creature's wound. This will most likely kill the dog, but it will give Ne-Gok-Sa an opening to pull his arm out. Hopefully.
    The massive snake writhes, but tries its best to keep its jaw shut, flinging its head around.