Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 76
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Kenabres is a city of virtue, a glorious spotless one , with crusaders, churches, cathedrals and even the famous Hall of Heroes. Today is not just another day...it's Amasse. West of the Saint Clydwell Cathedral, in the central plaza that where most of the celebration takes place, even if it is citywide. The Saint Clydwell cathedral honors a champion of Iomedae who sacrificed himself to seal demons from an inescapable prison. The catherdral is an impressive great stone building with green copper steeple and stained-glass windows portraying the imprisonment of all kinds of Demons.

    Armasse is traditionally a scholar holy day but since the death of Aroden, this Holy day has become a day to train commoners and choose squires while enjoying some time away from the horrors of war and the roaming horrors from the Abyss in the worldwound.

    Jousting matches, strength competition and even performers from far away lands who came to entertain the people of Kenabres.

    ooc: This is the occasion to introduce your character, feel free to play some games around in your introduction post.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-17 at 11:05 AM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Dirk sighed, slumping forward. He cast an uninterested, unfocused gaze over the jousting arena. The din of the crowd seemed distant, his mind wondering elsewhere. It was too loud and too crowded. Whatever. He jolted back to the present when twin finger's jabbed his ribs on either sad. Gela and Cyme sat on opposite side of him, giving him disapproving glares. Cyme pipped up "Pay attention Dirk! Avoth is about to start his joust!" Dirk blinked rapidly, sitting up straighter. He realized he was actually sitting lower than the twin Halflings. "Sorry..." he mumbled.

    He didn't like big crowds. Everyone was so noisy and packed together it was insufferable. He only came because he knew the joust was important for Avoth. He'd cheer on his friend, even if he had to deal with the crowds. This time last year, he spent the holiday in quiet prayer. Nice, quiet, solitude prayer. But last year, he didn't know Cyme or Gela or Avoth. He didn't have friends to cheer on.

    Avoth had just entered the arena, clad in ceremonial armor. Dirk pulled his mouth into a tight, but genuine smile. C'mon Avoth... you can do it... He cheered. Though only the twins could hear him.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Spoiler: Valeth
    Show

    Valeth
    M NG Human Bloodrager (Spelleater), Level 1, Init 2, HP 12/12, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 0, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Halberd +4(+3) (1d10+4(+7), 3)
    Light Crossbow (30) +3 (1d8, 19-20)
    Claws (Raging) +6/+6 (+5/+5) (1d6+5 (+7), 202)
    Scale Mail (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 17, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 13
    Condition None

    This man is taller and broader than average, dressed in typical Taldan soldier's garb. He carries a large polearm and crossbow, but little else. A common soldier's presence in Kenabres of his own accord is unusual to say the least, even more so that he spends most of his time in the libraries or consulting with scholars of Abyssal lore. His hair and beard are unkempt, and his eyes have a haunted, desperate look.


    Valeth wanders the square aimlessly, passingly glancing at the festivities or the mock battles while actively avoiding looking at the Cathedral's stained-glass windows.

    One particularly heated contest catches his eye, two aspiring knights battling with blunted greatswords. They're fairly evenly matched, and the fight is getting interesting. As he watches, Valeth's heart begins to pound. His breaths quicken, his vision begins to redden... until he abruptly turns away, a look of horror on his face quickly changing to a mask of calm. He resumes his walk.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC




    He never liked big crowds, always felt like the world was closing in on him. Plus it made it even harder to watch your back and purse from any would be thieves or assassins. But here he was making his way around the festivities trying to find something that interested him. "Wonder if they have an Archery competition going on this year." He knew that there was Jousting going on but that would hold his interest like a leaky bucket. Wandering further into the Festivities his eyes are drawn to the various performers from far away lands.

    Having not been keeping his eyes on the road he suddenly bumps into someone. "Sorry about that, was distracted by those lovely dancers over there." Pointing towards the dancers he once again apologizes for bumping into the person. "Maybe i should find somewhere to sit down instead of just wandering." Hearing his stomach growl it was decided that he would find a nice restaurant to get some food and hopefully something good to drink. Taking a look at his surroundings he makes his way towards the closest restaurant.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception to find a good restaurant: (1d20+2)[7]

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    A tall, muscular young woman clad in shining scale mail and a red-crested helmet winds her way through the crowd, occasionally throwing a nervous glance over her shoulder. The hilt of the bastard sword sticking up over said shoulder makes this a little difficult, as do the well-filled pack and light shield strapped onto her back. Finally she slows down and relaxes a bit. Thank the Inheritor, I thought I'd never lose him! Zenaida traveled to Kenabres from Magnimar in the company of several other crusaders. Most of them ranged from 'good company' to 'tolerable', but Porfirizo had been driving her insane with his clumsy attempts at gallantry and badly written love poems.

    So for now she's alone in the crowd and content to be so. The paladin meanders from jousting arena to musical trio to strength competition, taking in the sights, until her stomach makes it known that she left the inn before breakfast and this is completely unacceptable. Time to find a restaurant...


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zenaida will show up at the same restaurant as Dryden.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC



    Martias wandered disconsolately through the streets, with the frustrating feeling that he ought to be enjoying himself. As a boy, he always looked forward to the excitement and fun of Amasse, and in the last few years he's come to appreciate its scholarly links too. So why couldn't he relax and enjoy himself today? He'd been on edge since going to the morning service at the cathedral. Perhaps it was just anxiety about joining the crusade. Was he really ready? Maybe he should have stayed on at the academy for a bit longer, studied his magic further. What if the recruiters said he wasn't ready? What if they didn't? What if he was attacked by a demon that was too powerful for him? ...Iomedae would protect him. Or if not, he'd die and go to his eternal reward. Somehow that wasn't quite as comforting as it had been earlier.

    There something else, too. All day, he'd had this odd feeling that...something important was going to happen. Maybe that was why he'd put his armour on and picked up his rapier this morning, almost without thinking about it. Presumably it was just nervousness about the crusade coming out.

    Martias tried again to distract himself watching the entertainers, but it was no use. His mind kept drifting back to the crusade. Well, he might as well treat himself to a nice meal, at least. He headed in the direction of a pleasant little restaurant he knew of.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Naturally, this will be the same restaurant as Zenaida and Dryden go to.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    As fate would have it, our group of adventurers were all headed toward the same restaurant, Dryden had chosen one of the best spot in town, as they welcomed him with open arms, the wonderful smells coming from the place were enough to invite anybody in...then everything turned dark.

    As your group wake up in total darkness, your heads are throbbing , with crazy headache and ears are ringing. Each of you, have troubles breathing and in the dark, you can all hear moans of pain , rocks clattering, as your senses return in the pitch black surroundings.

    ooc: It's dark all around you.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Valeth groans as he pulls himself into a sitting position. "What happened? The last thing I remember is wandering through the plaza... I stopped for something to eat, and then..."

    Hearing voices in the darkness, he calls out to them, as loudly as he can manage given the circumstances.

    "Hello, is anyone out there?"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    "What the hells?" It's not exactly considered appropriate for a paladin to swear, but Zenaida's head is pounding like a festival drum, it's pitch black, somehow she's lying down on a bunch of rocks in full armor and traveling gear, and she has no idea what just happened.

    Yeah. This is an occasion for swearing.

    Fortunately she's been trained for the 'how to light a torch in complete darkness' scenario. Zenaida twists around until she can get her backpack open, then starts feeling inside for a torch. Success! Her flint and steel is in her bandolier, much easier to get to. With a few seconds of fumbling, she manages to make the sparks catch on the torch's tar-soaked head.

    The sudden light is painful, especially given her headache, but Zenaida just squints and holds the torch high as her eyes adjust. "There we go. Does anyone know how we got here?"
    Last edited by Phasm; 2016-10-17 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC



    Opening his eyes and being greeted with total darkness was not at all what he had been expecting when he walked into the restaurant. The headache and ringing aside, he knew he needed to get his breath back. Standing up as best as he could he pulls out a tindertwig and precedes to light it. Looking around the area he is in he takes in the other forms that are around him. "Everyone alright, or have a clue as to what the hell just happened?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Lighting a Tindertwig to get some light in the area.
    Perception after that to see where he is at (1d20+2)[5]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    As your headaches begin to clear, you recall what happened.

    The restaurant was near the end of the Plaza, offered a clear view of the festivities at noon. Armasse officially began at noon, with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hulrun himself, ruler of Kenabres. The crowd gathered in Clydwell Plaza quieted as the aged inquisitor took the stage, clad in shining, resplendent armor. He cleared his throat, but just as he was about to speak, a bright light shone from the west, as if the sun were rising from the wrong direction. Hulrun's shadow fell huge and distorted across the cathedral's facade. A moment later, the sound of a thunderous explosion ripped through the air and earth, along with a violent tremor.

    To the west, the fortress known as the Kite-the location of Kenabres's wardstone-had vanished. In its place, a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupted into the heavens.

    That's when most people in the restaurant headed out to see what was going on, including your group.

    A moment later, a powerful roar accompanied a welcomesight rising from the crowd-Kenabres's greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who had until that moment been attending the opening ceremony disguised as a human.

    Above, another form appeared, as nightmarish as the dragon was breathtaking. A humanoid shape three times the size of any man, with skin coated in fire and lightning, gripped a flaming sword and whip. The creature's identity was immediately obvious:

    Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, had come to Kenabres!

    As the ground continued to shake and disgorge demons into the streets, the dragon and the balor lord clashed above. The fight was over in a few harrowing moments, as the balor cut deep into Terendelev's body, swooping down to strike the dragon and arresting her charge. A few more blows, and the titanic duo spiraled downward toward the crowd.

    In the middle of all this, near the restaurant demons charged in, as Martias attempted to get as many people out of the restaurant as possible, with the demons cutting through the crowd like butter. Valeth came to be face to face with imps and red demons that reminded him so much of his own visage.

    Dirk was about to be cut down, when Cyme and Avoth, charged into the disgusting large demon in front of him. "Get out of here! We got this!", as Dirk could only see them getting poisoned little by little, as they kept flanking the large demon and putting on the floor, as more demons were coming. "Well brother, how many are we taking with us?"

    Dryden saw the crow like demons descending from the sky, spreading their spores, killing people left and right, as he grabbed what he could to shoot at them from the sky. His arrows not able to pierce the skin of the demons.

    Zenadia, as her fellow paladins was part of the people fighting in the front. Portirizo, had jumped in front of spears and flames, to protect a child and told the kid to run away before falling dead on the floor. But the battle had just ended...

    The sight of the dragon smashing into the facade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness would ever forget. At that moment, a titanic demon erupted at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashed into this world, destroying the restaurant.

    The rift it created shot across the plaza, and this time there was no escape-it opened below your feet, angling away into darkness.

    Even as you fell, the dragon noticed your plight. Though she saw death standing over her, she seized this final chance to save a few more souls. After she uttered a few arcane words and stretched out a bleeding talon, you felt her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Yet the fall remained as inexorable, and as you drifted downward into the depths, the last thing you saw was the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head fell, the rift above you slammed shut, and the light of the world above was gone.

    As now, you can see the wall behind with bodies all over the place, showing how close you came from dying with them. Citizen of Kenabres whom the dragon could not save. Some people appear to be alive among the bodies, not many, just your group and three more persons.

    ooc: You can check on them, as they barely came back or even understand what's going on.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-17 at 08:41 PM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Dirk smacked his lips, suddenly very parched. He turned his head lazily in the flickering torchlight, regaining his bearings. He snapped upright as the last few minutes came back to him. Cyme... Azoth... no! He bite his lips, fighting back tears. A shudder of loss, grief and loneliness wracked him.

    Taking in a deep raping breathe he took in the scene around him. Bodies, no corpses, everywhere. Seven others, eight including himself. Three of them seem still out of it and injured. Balling a fist, he slammed the ground. Damnit Dirk! Pull yourself together! No time to wallow, people need you!

    Standing up on shaking legs, he approached the one who looked the most wounded. He took time to study them then apply what first aid he could.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm on mobile and can't check my sheet for my Heal modifier.
    Heal check [roll]1d20 [/roll]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    The ceiling and far walls of this vast cavern recede into darkness. On one side, the wall has collapsed in an enormous mound of rubble-here and there the arms or legs of victims who didn't survive the fall protrude. In the back of the cavern, a disturbing shape looms. Nearly the size of a horse, what appears to be an immense black spider crouches silent and still on the ground.

    Meanwhile Dirk approaches, there is a human woman, who is staying in her corner, appearing calm at first glance but Dirk can tell from just a quick glance that her leg is obviously broken, she has short dark hair and wear leather. She did try to stand but quickly fell back down. He gathers splints of woods, and a rope, beginning to wrap it around her leg, it would take Dirk a couple of minutes to heal her.

    An elf with a burned face and his eyes appear to have been damaged, wearing a robe and silver hair. He appears to be disturbed with the idea that he lost his sight. He doesn't let Dirk approach him, obviously still in shock about the situation. "Who are you? what's going?"

    A portly man in a corner, wearing luxurious clothes and jewels meanwhile does attract the attention. "I'm hurt! Somebody help me!" He barely has any kind of wounds to be quite honest.

    ooc: Meanwhile what does everybody else want to do? check on the spider like figure? Talk with the people in front of you?
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Noticing the ominous shape in the corner, Valeth will grab his halberd and approach it cautiously, trying to get a better look.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Perception: 6
    Stealth: 5

    Edit:borked up the rolls, see ooc for proper rolling
    Last edited by doko239; 2016-10-17 at 10:20 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    "Oh no... oh my gods..." It's all coming back to her now. Zenaida bites her lip hard, the light of her torch wavering as her hand trembles just slightly. Annoyingly chivalrous Porfirizo, the knights Andre and Gianna, the tiny but valiant sorceress Rose... are any of them still alive?

    She can't allow herself to think about them too much at the moment. There are people who need help and a cavern to somehow escape. Zenaida pushes herself to her feet and looks around for her sword; it was in her hand when she fell. Metal gleams a short distance away, and when she cautiously makes her way over the rubble, there it is. Her graduation gift from Chaplain Tira. Having her beloved cold iron sword in her hand makes the situation a little less painful.

    A man with a halberd is checking out the motionless spider-ish shape in the back of the cavern, so Zenaida walks over toward the burned elf. "Hello, sir. I'm Zenaida Radulescu. Can you see at all? Do you want assistance?" She grimaces slightly. "I'm afraid I can't offer you any healing, I'm not powerful enough for that yet."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Valeth walks toward the spider, not seeing clearly and bumping into some rubbles making some noise, but the spider doesn't move from the ground. As he is close enough to realize that spider is already dead but can hear noises coming from the inside of the spider corpse, as if something is inside of it.

    As two giants maggots burst from the body of the spider, undulating toward Valeth. As the Elf is about to talk but Zenadia notices the upcoming danger.

    ooc:
    The Map
    The barbarian with the spear = Valeth
    Green hair Elf = Martias
    Paladin with shield = Zenadia
    Archer = Dryden
    Green robe healer = Dirk

    Initiative:
    Maggots - (1d20-1)[6]
    Dirk - (1d20+2)[21] (technically busy tending to the wounded)
    Dryden - (1d20+4)[21]
    Martias - (1d20+4)[14]
    Valeth - (1d20+2)[20]
    Zenadia - (1d20+0)[15]

    Everybody goes before the maggots. Feel free to roll knowledge(Nature) if you do have it to learn more about giant maggots.
    I believe if you have a MW account, you can move the token directly. If not, I'll move them. This fight shouldn't take too long.
    Reminder if you have a bab of +1 or a full bab class basically, you can draw your weapon as part of a move action.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-18 at 05:06 AM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC



    OOC: This is Martias's point of view of all the events since waking up.


    Martias offers a quick prayer for help before opening his eyes. For a moment he sees only blackness, before there's a sound of a flint and steel nearby and sudden torchlight. Looking around the room, the memory of the attack returns to him, and he frantically looks around while reaching for his rapier. Fortunately, it seems to have landed near him - he remembers he was holding onto it tightly until he blacked out.

    Having recovered his weapon, he then takes a proper look at the room. There seem to be a few people standing up, a few more who are injured. He's about to head over to try to calm the merchant when there's a sound of ripping flesh as maggots burst from the corpse of the spider. Seeing a danger which is better suited to his skills, Martias rushes over to fight alongside the man with the spear. He considers using his magic to enhance the rapier, but decides against it - it only lasts for a short time, and he may well have more cause to use it later on.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Oddly, I can't seem to move the tokens, although I can change the grid and things. Anyway, move 6L (the maggots are still flatfooted, right? If not, then make that 5L) and attack the adjacent maggot. I'm assuming that Martias already had his rapier in hand before the maggots appeared, so doesn't need to waste an action drawing.

    Attack - (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Last edited by pi4t; 2016-10-18 at 06:46 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Valeth will step up to the closer of the two and swing with all his might:
    Spoiler: attack rolls
    Show

    Power Attack in use
    (1d20+3)[19] for (1d10+7)[17] damage

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Dirk's eyes bulge and his works stills for a moment as he takes in those around him. The two men with close range weapons were already charging the Maggots, the woman likely would too. The merchant and the blind elf hopefully would stay away and his current patient was in no condition to walk, more or less fight. The final person, he had a bow. He'd likely stay back as well. Dirk projected his will out to the man with the Halberd, the man with the Rapier and the woman with the Broadsword. "Please be careful! I only have so much mental energy!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pausing the Heal check for one round, used Standard to connect Martias, Valeth and Zenadia to my collective.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Martias tries to pierce the maggot but maybe the recent fall still affect more than he thought missing the maggot. Then Right After, Valeth doesn't waste any time cleaving into the maggot side, now the maggot lies on the ground, almost inert.

    ooc: The Giant Maggot is unconscious, removed from the map. Map updated.
    Dryden and Zenadia still got some actions for this turn, before Giant Maggot turn.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-18 at 02:09 PM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    "A giant maggot? Great. Hold that thought, I'll be right back." Halberd Wielder and a man with a rapier have already slain one of the disgusting beasts, so hopefully Zenaida and whoever else is still combat capable can get the other one. Sword in one hand and torch in the other, she charges toward the creature with a furious jingling of mail and strikes!


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For some reason I can't move the icon, even though I'm logged in to Myth Weavers. Zenaida will move up next to Valeth and attack.

    Attack: (1d20+4)[13]

    Damage: (1d10+3)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Looking around at the people who survived he is slightly saddened that more didn't make it. Watching someone move closer to the body of a spider he is slightly surprised to see the two large maggots come bursting out of it. "Well Sh*t looks like we have company." Pulling out his bow and knocking an arrow he watches are one of the maggots is vicously hit with a Halberd. Noticing another person charge at the other maggot and swing on it he decides that he should take action and help.

    Drawing back the arrow he takes aim at the maggot. Wanting to ensure that it dies he boosts himself slightly using his training. Letting the arrow fly at his target with great force.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Free action: draw bow
    Swift action: Horizon Wind Lancet
    Attack action: Shoot maggot with a Sharp Common arrow (1d20+5)[13] Dmg (1d8)[3] (1d6)[3] (1d6)[3] 1d8bow+1d6fire+1d6HWL+1sharp+2str Total= 12dmg
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-18 at 06:23 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Zenaida and Dryden were quick to dispatch of the Giant maggot, as her sword cut into the beast and Dryden arrow pierced right into the creature, putting it down in an instant.

    As the last of the giant maggot fall down on the ground, our group could see among the rubbles from a distance, some silver scales lie scattered amid the stones. There are five silver scales each roughly the size of a human palm.

    Dirk has time to resume fixing the leg of the woman in front of him.

    ooc: Each of you get 100 xp for the encounter. The scales are among the rubble and the three npcs are still in the back panicking. If you are wondering yeah, it is medium xp progression.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC



    Martias recovers himself, and shakes his head to try to clear it. "Sorry for not being more help there; I stumbled at precisely the wrong moment." He tries to think practically about their next move, and not think about the slaughter of Kenabres. "We ought to tend to the wounded, and then get away from here. Lots of us apparently ended up here, so if there are demons around they may come to finish off any survivors."

    "Incidentally, did someone just make some sort of psychic connection with me?"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For simplicity, I'm just assuming that Martias' +7 modifier to knowledge:arcana and spellcraft means he realised the basics of what happened when Dirk added him to his collective.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    The portly balding gentleman is the first to speak among the three, making a scene of his small scratch.
    "Someone tend to my wounds! Protect me and bring me home safe, and I promise to you, a lot of gold! and riches! Someone help me! I'm the magnificent Horgus Gwerm!"

    Meanwhile the woman, finally stands up after Dirk manage to grab splinter of woods and rope around to make someone to help her move around. "Thank you, I'm Anevia by the way." She has a short sword and a short bow, appearing to be the most battle prepared out of the three.

    The blind Elf on the other end...

    "Okay this is enough! First of all, who is here? Who are you? I'm Aravashnial, tell me your names, what do you do? and also what's the situation? I will find a plan out of this mess! Just follow my lead!"


    ooc:
    Yeah Martias identify the psychic connection.

    You can attempt diplomacy checks on each of the three npc, individually, if you want to improve their attitude toward your group. You can of course just talk with them in general. Arashvashnial is extremely wounded, and could use some kind of magical healing or potions with his burned face and eyes. Anevia while her leg is fixed is wounded as well, could use some healing. Horgus has superficial damage.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-18 at 08:31 PM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    Dirk offered a small smile, not meeting Anevia's eyes. "Er, your welcome. Dirk. Uh, my name's Dirk." Turning towards the man with the Rapier, he nodded. "That, uh, was me. My psionic talents, uh, work better when I create a psychic tether. I need to see to these two though." Indicating Anevia and Arvashnial. He took a moment, reaching out towards Anevia and Arvashnial, severing the tether to the woman and the man with the Halberd. Once he made the connection he walked over to the posturing elf.

    Arvashnial, uh, Sir? Please calm down. I'm going to tend to your wounds. I, uh, can't help your eyes but I can ease the pain. Dirk touched the elf's hand lightly, a faintly purple substance appearing at the point of contact. Dirk grit his teeth, hissing in pain as his face started to blister and boil, flushing as the wounds moved from the elf to himself. When he let go of the elf, his skin returned to normal pallor, but he was noticeably more fatigued.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Transfer Wounds. He'll use it a second time, if the first time was insufficient. If he overheals at all, he'll transfer the remainder to Anevia.
    If I roll a 1, all healing goes to Arvashnial
    If I roll a 2 or 3, 1 healing goes back to Dirk
    If I roll a 4 or 5, 2 healing goes back to Dirk
    If I roll a 6, 3 healing goes back to Dirk.
    First Transfer Wounds (1d6)[3]
    Second Transfer Wounds (1d6)[5]
    I'll decide if I can handle/need to do more first aid after the results of this play out.

    Totals:
    Dirk suffers 8 NL (3 and 5)
    Dirk heals 3 (1 and 2)
    Arvashnial heals 8 (any excess goes to Anevia)
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2016-10-18 at 10:49 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    "Ugh, nasty." Zenaida looks around for something to clean her sword with, but doesn't find anything. She sighs and uses the hem of her red cloak. One simply does not sheathe a dirty sword. Blade cleaned to her satisfaction, the paladin makes her way back toward Aravashnial. "I'm Zenaida Radulescu, paladin of Iomedae. Pleasure to meet you, Aravashnial, Dirk, Anevia, Horgus. I just wish it were under better circumstances."

    It looks like Dirk has the healing covered, although that's the strangest healing spell she's ever seen, so Zenaida takes a good look around the cavern. Glints of silver among the rocks catch her eye. "Hmm, what have we here?" Sheathing her sword, she walks over to pick one up. "Oh my... these look like dragon scales. Poor Terendelev. May Pharasma guide her safely home." Zenaida closes her eyes briefly in a moment of respectful silence for the valiant dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    As Zenaida picks up a scale, she suddenly get a flash of insight into the silver scale power, as if the scale had become some kind of a minor artifact due to Terendev sacrifice, as she could see electricity or cold, not harming her in any shape or form.

    Aravashnial feels better to say the least, but Dirk can tell that the elf isn't totally healed.

    ooc: Going to give time for people to catch up a bit on that part but yeah Zenaida, the terendev scale that you hold in your hand, as long as you carry it on your person, three times per day, you can use Resist Energy only against cold or electricity at CL 19th, so it would give you Resist Cold or Electricity 30 for 190 min. You can also tell that you can only carry one scale at time, or the powers don't work.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-19 at 05:44 AM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC



    "And may Iomedae guide us safely home...or to whatever may be left of it." Martias looks almost on the edge of tears for a moment, but regains his composure quickly. "Martius Silanus, warrior and mage. Not a very experienced one, though. Incidentally did anyone get a clear look at the rift as we fell down? It would be useful to know whether it was just a crack that opened up leading to underground caves, or whether it was a portal to...another plane. I'm afraid my guess would be the latter, which will probably make getting back much more difficult."

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

    "Uh, I don't think we crossed a planar border. We'd be besieged by Demon's right now if we did. Not just some oversized maggots. So probably underground, beneath Kenabres. We still must find our way out though. Dirk sighed, summoning up his mental energy. The soft tinkle of bells emanate from him as he and Anevia are coated in a fine layer of dew which quickly dissipates.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifested Natural Healing on Anevia
    Anevia heals 3 HP (excess goes back to Dirk).
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2016-10-19 at 05:57 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •