New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

"I'm Dryden, if you couldn't tell i use a bow." having said his peace he makes his way over to the silver scales. Picking one up he stares at it in amazement. "Well this is an interesting trinket. Those able should grab one for themselves, could prove useful to us later."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Perception of the room: (1d20+2)[12]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2016-10-20 at 12:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

As dryden pick up the scale, he gets a flash of insight. He sees his weapon glowing with a holy light in the flash of insight. Beside that, the scales are the obvious valuable in the room and on the other side, there are two paths, one going left and the other going right. The darkness prevent to see what's in each path at the moment.

"Valeth, Dirk, Dryden, Zenaida, and Martius. Some familiar people are here too...Dryden is it? bowman right? You'll be my eyes! I'll count on you to tell me what we see in front of us." Aravashnial, the blind elf is quick to give order, as if he wants to take charge of the expedition.

"Oh great, the conspiracy theorist Elf now want to take the lead!" As Horgrus is quick to point it. Strangely the elf doesn't respond.

ooc: Currently you can go left or right to the east. Your light is a little too far away to see what's in each path. Dryden with your scale you can cast Align weapon three times per day at CL 19 only to make it lawful or good.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-20 at 01:37 PM.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Satisfied that everyone was patched up, Dirk grabbed one of the scales. He studied it for the moment, before addressing the group. "Uh, we should stick together. Unless someone has a better idea, I guess we go right? "
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #34

HalfOrcPirate

Dirk get a vision from the silver scale. A pillar of roiling clouds that he can stand on and move around.

ooc: Three times per day, Dirk can cast levitate CL 19th, it appears a pillar of roiling clouds matching your altitude , 5 feet in diameter and creatures or object inside of the pillar get a 20% miss chance.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sticking together is definitely a good idea." Zenaida carefully tucks her dragon scale into her bandolier. "Does anyone here know the light spell? It would be nice to have more light than just this torch."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

6. - Top - End - #36

Valeth will also retrieve one of the scales before turning to face the group once again. "We should be cautious. No telling what else might be waiting in these caverns for us. The last thing we need is to run into more of those demons."

7. - Top - End - #37

HalfOrcPirate

Valeth picks up the scale and sees the ability to make his weapon able to pierce through demons and the likes, glowing with a bright light, seeing even his abyssal claws glowing with holy light.

ooc: Valeth can use align weapon three times per day, CL 19th only to make it lawful or good. Unlike regular align weapon, you can use it on unarmed strikes or natural weapons.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Phasm View Post
    "Sticking together is definitely a good idea." Zenaida carefully tucks her dragon scale into her bandolier. "Does anyone here know the light spell? It would be nice to have more light than just this torch."
    "I know it, but sadly I didn't prepare it spell today; I wasn't expecting to end up underground, after all." Martius, wondering why everyone seems to be picking up a scale each, reaches over to take the last one. "Either direction is as good as the other at the moment, so I suppose we might as well go right. ...Actually, just one moment." He begins to cast a spell.

Show
    Casting Detect Magic to see if I can detect anything from either corridor.

9. - Top - End - #39

HalfOrcPirate

Martias pick up the scale and get an image in mind, showing him the ability to change his appearance, taking on the forms of various kind of humanoids.

As Martias observes both paths, he can detect some magic items in the backpack in the right path.

The left path:
    This smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite.

The right path:
    A stone ledge juts out at a right angle on the south wall of this cavern, fourteen feet off the ground. The leather strap of a backpack hangs from the edge of the ledge, while above, a narrow fissure yawns up into the dark.

ooc: You can cast Alter-Self , three times per day at CL 19th, as usual limited to medium or small humanoids. Which can give you various ability such as darkvision, scent etc...and size bonus to strength or dex.
    A DC 20 climb check on slippery rock if you want to reach the backpack with climbing or you can just use the pillar of roiling clouds to reach it. If you still want to go left, you can search the campsite.

10. - Top - End - #40

"Oh...that's why everyone is picking these up...

Anyway, there's some sort of magic items down the right hand path which might be useful. Can't tell exactly what, though. It might be best avoid the left passage if we can, as it looks like there was some sort of attack there. A long time ago, though: there's nothing left but bones."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"Er... This scale. I don't know how, but I know it can cast some levitation magic on someone. We can use that to retrieve that backpack. " Dirk looked at Anevia, and whispered, somewhat embarrassed. "Uh, I can help you. Walk, I mean. If you need help. Because of your leg. You shouldn't put too much weight on it.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #42

"Well, that will be useful, though I wish it had not had to come from the source it had. Everyone ready to move? By the way, we should probably have at least two people with torches, if we have enough spares." Martias begins walking down the corridor, checking to see that someone with a torch is following.

13. - Top - End - #43

Valeth moves to the front. "I'm best suited for the front lines, I'll take the lead." He looks to Dirk. "If you can get me up to that pack I'll retrieve it for us."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk nodded, holding the scale upwards. He pushed his psyche through the residual magic in the scale, willing it towards Valeth.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenaida sighs at Martias' admission that he hasn't prepared the light spell, and at the distinct lack of any other people coming forward with light sources. Honestly, is she the only one here who plans ahead for fighting demons in the dark? Demons like the darkness, they can see in the dark, Chaplain Tira told her and the other Magnimaran crusaders to expect night attacks!

Well. Not everyone had the advantage of advice from a seasoned warrior who knows all about demons and their abilities. Zenaida has to keep reminding herself of that fact. "I only have five torches, counting this one, which last for an hour each. Hopefully that backpack will have torches or a lantern, otherwise we'll have to try and improvise something until tomorrow morning." Functional morning, that is. Not like they can see the sky down here. "I'll take the right flank. I can't use my shield if I'm also the torch-bearer, so it would be nice to have someone on the left flank."
    Last edited by Phasm; 2016-10-23 at 09:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

HalfOrcPirate

As the pillar of clouds manage to lift Valeth, he finally could reach the backpack and retrieving it was fairly easy. Ahead of the group, there is just a single path moving forward.

"I'll be fine but thank you for the offer. I can at least walk, slowly but surely." As Anevia keep looking around for any kind of a danger.

Horgus meanwhile appears belligerent. "Well did you find anything interesting in that junk up there?"

Arashvahnial, the blind elf, is meanwhile using his quarterstaff to guide himself forward.

ooc: Levitate will be active for 17 more minutes on Valeth, Here we are looking at a Masterwork Backpack, with 10 days of trail ration, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows and two potions.
    Reminder you can identify potions by sampling the containers with a perception check or the usual method which is detect magic combined with spellcraft on each item.

17. - Top - End - #47

Martias leans in to get a better view of the potions, recasting Detect Magic as he does so.

Show
    Spellcraft rolls to identify the potions. Ignore the second if the potions are actually the same type, of course.
    (1d20+7)[20]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    Last edited by pi4t; 2016-10-24 at 07:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

HalfOrcPirate

Martias identifies one potion of cure light wounds and one potion of lesser restoration.

19. - Top - End - #49

"Hmm. This one is a healing potion, and the other will counter various specific harmful effects. Who's going to carry them?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk raised his hand slightly. Uh, I guess me? I don't have much in the way of self defense, so being able to give out potions to who needs them is probably a good idea.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #51

Turning to the blind elf "Sorry Aravashnial, but I dont feel like being someones eyes. Plus i feel like being at the front of our group will be my best position seeing as i don't want to have to be shooting my arrows through the entire party." Watching Valeth and Dirk mess with the backpack that they found and then pass around potions he begins to make his way forward again heading to the edge of the light that the torch is providing. "Hopefully we won't be stuck in here for hours on end."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Moving to the edge of the light that the Torch gives.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oil but no lantern... pity. Still, the other items should be useful!" Especially the potions and that backpack, it looks extremely well made. Once everyone else has taken what appeals to them, Zenaida picks up the backpack and straps it to the one she already has. After we stop to rest, I'll transfer my things to this nice new backpack and leave the old one behind. Normal backpacks don't sell for very much, not enough to justify the weight.

23. - Top - End - #53

HalfOrcPirate

Arashvanial the blind elf, simply moves forward, not saying much at the moment. Horgus is staying way in the back, while Anevia is in the back but mostly due to her limping.

"Just get me to surface and you'll be paid for your services." As Horgus is more than ready to get out of here.

Ahead of the group Several mounds of rock lie in heaps in this cavern, recently fallen from the walls and ceiling. Now and then, bits of dust settle from cracks in the stone above.

The group has no difficulty in spotting a a pale scaled snake on the ground, apparently hissing and ready to attack on the ground.

Show

Let me know of course, if you want to backtrack and check the other path, if not moving forward by default.
    If you want to attack the viper, here's the creature initiative (essentially roll for initiative, if you beat it, get to act before the snake, if not, snake acts first and we go into combat round.)

Front people 20 ft from the snake, middle people 30 ft from the snake, back people 40 ft from the snake.
    This corridor was indeed 10 feet wide, so you can potentially stack two people in front, middle, and back side by side.

24. - Top - End - #54

HalfOrcPirate

ooc: Bah forgot to roll for initiative for the snake (read ooc) it only matters if you want to attack first or not:
    (1d20+5)[17]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenaida eyes the snake, but makes no move to attack. "Do you want to fight it or just, I don't know, toss a piece of cloth over it and run? I don't have any antivenom." She pauses. "Anyone here know how to tell a venomous snake from a nonvenomous snake?"

26. - Top - End - #56

HalfOrcPirate

As the snake hisses ready to attack.

Ooc:
    Round 1
    Snake initiative 17 (rolled in OOC)
    Dryden initiative 16 (rolled in OOC)
    Dirk (1d20+2)[15]
    Martias (1d20+4)[20]
    Valeth (1d20+2)[4]
    Zenadia (1d20+0)[7]

Edit: the map.
    Martias get to act before the snake, followed by the snake , then everybody else.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-27 at 10:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Martias leaps forward in an attempt to kill the snake before it can attack, trying to redeem himself after the last battle.

Show

Move me round to the other side of the snake, so we can flank if I don't manage to kill it.
    Rolls:
    Please be decent!
    attack - (1d20+4)[17]
    damage - (1d6+4)[9]
    Last edited by pi4t; 2016-10-28 at 06:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

HalfOrcPirate

Martias leaps at the snake and with one swift strike, cut into the snake flank. The snake is now unconscious. Ahead of our hero journey, they could see a long winding tunnel.

ooc: combat over. Someone can feel free to execute the snake or just go on your merry way. Now you have the choice of moving forward or backtrack and check the other path. 100 xp for each of you.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-10-28 at 04:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk winced as Martias struck. He knew it was just a viper, but he didn't enjoy slaughter for the sake of slaughter. Dirk trotted over to the unconscious snake, examining the wound, before applying his expertise. Just because it attacked us (or at least tried) didn't mean they had to kill it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal to stabilize! Dirk is a bleeding heart sometimes, sue him. (1d20+7)[24]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #60

HalfOrcPirate

The viper will definitely not die and dirk would even notice that the viper was hurt probably by the rocks falling down on him. It might explain the viper aggressive behavior. Now the path ahead appears to be the only way forward.