New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous : The worldwound Incursion IC

Dirk sighs a breathe of relief. So, uh, lets go then? Sooner we are out of here, the sooner we can... I dunno. Lets... just keep moving forward. Dirk's pale cheeks burned crimson. He wanted to sound optimistic, but he sounded maudlin to himself.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenaida nods to Dirk. "Onward we go."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The group moves forward into the winding tunnel, for what seemed like a long time, for roughly 25 minutes.

A single sizable 20-foot-tall building remains in the center of this 30-foot-high cave, a bunkerlike structure with no windows and walls of worked stone blocks. A 10-foot-long carving of a hammer decorates the building's facade. The ruins of collapsed outbuildings stand to either side.

ooc: Knowledge religion check to recognize the symbol on the building. The stone door requires a strength check to pry open.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenaida raises her torch to get a better view of the carving, tempted to let out a whistle of appreciation. But in a cave, the echoes might attract enemies. "Wow, would you look at that! Impressive. Aravashnial, we're looking at a stone building, maybe twenty feet tall, with no windows and a huge carving of a hammer on the side. Looks like there were outbuildings at one point, but they're all collapsed." Now what does that hammer remind her of? She taps the flat of her sword against her leg, thinking.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Knowledge (religion): (1d20+4)[20]

5. - Top - End - #65

HalfOrcPirate

This is a symbol of Torag, a dwarf god, also known as the father of creation by. He values honor, planning and well-made steel. He is a distant deity, not trying to get involved too much with his followers, hoping that they would become strong and determined on their own, just giving powers to his clerics. Torag is a Lawful Good deity.

ooc: Forgot to mention that the tunnel you took to get here technically has a path heading south also, to another area. So you can check the temple or keep going south.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aha, now I remember! That's the symbol of Torag. He's the god of dwarves, craftsmanship, honor and planning ahead." Zenaida smiles, happy to have successfully remembered something from her tutors' lectures on the gods of other races. "I'd say that this was a dwarven chapel. Anyone else want to investigate it?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

We should make sure if anyone survived inside. It's also somewhere we can hole up if we can't find our way out soon. Dirk held his arm, defensively. He was out of his element (not that he really had one) and it was starting to wear on his confidence.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

"If the chapel is still in use, we may also find allies there. Agreed, let's investigate."

9. - Top - End - #69

HalfOrcPirate

ooc: Still going to need someone to do a strength check or take 20 to open the stone door.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk eyed the others apprehensively. When no one stepped forwards, he gave a withering sigh. He trudged up to the door, heaving his meager weight against it, straining to open it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20, since no one else is doing it.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #71

HalfOrcPirate

Dirk slid down the door of the temple after many attempts, since all of his peers stood there watching him. As the healer manages to budge the stone door after awhile.

Inside, your group see:
    A stone bench lines the southern wall of this chamber. At the far side of the room, a basin of water sits atop a stone pedestal. A stone door engraved with an image of a hammer stands to the north.

Anevia looks around at the temple. "I could use a little bit of rest, my leg is still not fully healed."
    Horgus meanwhile looks at her and then at the group. "You know, it's already going to be pretty hard to make it to surface with all wounded...on top of it, we have someone slowing us down. Perhaps, she could handle the underground while we go look for help."

Anevia doesn't appear pleased by the statement. "I'm not surprised that someone who is afraid to acknowledge his own faith, how can you not be moved by being in a forgotten temple? Your shame of your religion is as bad as worshiping demons!"

Horgus looks surprised by the statement but retort quickly. "You are one to talk! You dare give me some moral lessons? I know that you and your friends have been trying to steal from me! Would you deny it?"

As Anevia with an exasperated look, narrow her eyes and stay silent.

ooc: 100 xp each of you for getting into the temple. Up to you if you want to talk to Anevia or Horgus about the argument. If you want to check on items in the antechamber, just let me know or if you want to go through the next door.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2016-11-04 at 12:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk slumps against the wall, a bit winded. He wanted to make a wry remark at his new companions, but decided against it. Looking at the two bickers, he swallowed air and pulled himself back to his feet. Please, no bickering. We all want to get to the surface. It's a good idea to rest, I can finish tending to the wounded, and the rest will help us stay fresh. Put your differences aside, at least till we're back on the surface. Please.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll search the rooms in a bit, I've got the best perception.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenaida opted to watch the group's collective backs while they tried to break into the temple. It's only paranoia if you haven't got any enemies!

Once Dirk has the door open, she decides it's safe enough to join the rest inside. "Dirk is correct. This is not the time or place for personal issues. That being said, I do not intend to leave anyone behind." She looks around at the room and spots a door. "Hmm, I wonder what's back there? Dryden, would you mind covering me while I check?" Once she gets an answer, Zenaida crosses the temple... and hesitates. Maybe it would be better to detect evil before opening the door, as opposed to after. You never know, there could be demons trapped by the rockfall as well! Closing her eyes, the paladin lowers her mental shields to check for auras.

14. - Top - End - #74

HalfOrcPirate

Dirk looking around recognizes that the water is holy water in the basin. Zenaida can feel evil not only in the temple but the other side of the door.

ooc: Going to need diplomacy checks for the npcs, if nobody wants to roll diplomacy checks, just let me know and we will move on.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenaida sucks in a quick breath at the miasma coming from behind the door. "Ooh, there's something very evil back there. I would really appreciate it if those of you who can fight would back me up when I open the door." If it's a demon, it needs to be smote with extreme prejudice. If it's not a demon, it still needs to be smote.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm sorry, somehow I missed this update!

Diplomacy for my previous post: (1d20+7)[16]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Evil, within the temple? Odd. And worrying." Martias draws his rapier, and positions himself near to the door.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2016-11-11 at 11:45 AM.