Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 391 to 408 of 408
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Spoiler: Errich
    Show
    Errich notices that Vulmar stumbled on the name Herzfeld. Vulmar was likely being deliberately misleading about something, though it is difficult to discern what. No outright lie was told, that much is for sure. Vulmar's suggestion not to go after the Duke was certainly an honest one. But there is enough to arouse suspicion in Errich.

    Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    The crates resist Stran's direct attempt at opening them with his hands. The locks hold their covers shut and their construction is sturdy enough to not be easy to pull apart. Not that Stran's attempt was particularly stellar.

    He would have to find another means to open the crates.

    At least from moving the crates around Stran could hear what is inside. Or that is the idea, anyways. What he hears is a sound not unlike sand running down cloth. It is very unusual and difficult to attach to actual objects, especially giving that the crates are far too heavy to actually be just sand and cloth. Unfortunately, the crates are watertight and it is not possible to smell or otherwise perceive the interior.

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Evodine Sildacin, Initiate of the Order of the Griffon

    Evodine barricades the door after she and Bredenbent slip through. She looks Roxana over. "How are you? Did the goblins hurt you badly? How many of them have you seen? How are they armed? Can you fight?" Evodine then suddenly realizes she is talking faster then Roxana would be able to answer and stops to take a breath. "I'm sorry. I'm Trayvara. This is Bredenbent," she says as she nods her head in his direction. "We were at the spring when Lord Pompousbutt send you in here alone...so we followed."

    Mentioning the spring sends an idea to Evodine's racing mind. She pulls out the waterskin full of spring water and hands it to Roxana. "Here. Drink this."
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

    Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show


    Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saint Jimmy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Errich sighs, because of Herzfeld situation and having to go through the cycle of him explaining and the other guy not believing again.


    My name is Duke Alejandro Desafios. Yes, I am fully aware that no one knows me here. All I can tell you is that Jurgen Herzfeld allowed me to stay here after my family was killed by political rivals far away.

    Thank you for your advice,
    he adds glumly.

    Errich is also sounding really moody right now (talking about how his family died) and if they try to press on it, responds rather curtly by saying

    My family is dead, and Jurgen is allowing me political asylum. You seem like good people and I thank you for your help, but I don't want to talk about what happened, and there's really nothing you can do to make me.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

    Deception
    (d20+6)[14]

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    My character snort, say playfully and try to not sound nervous: " Im not as trained as you but if I bring you out of this mess, you own me one. "

    He then look around ...

    Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Rolled 20 total in Survival

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kobold-Bard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Gelećek

    Well I can't deny being a Wizard, magic is how I've paid my way since I stopped tilling fields. But I'm neither adventurer nor assassin.

    He listens to the three offers and whilst the third immediately jumps out, that coud be nothing or it could be more of the duke's 'associates' doing their work. He believes he has the best chance with the catacombs, and starts plotting ways his existing skills may be of use.

    With your permission I elect to take on the catacombs.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Spoiler: Evodine
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    She looks Roxana over. "How are you? Did the goblins hurt you badly? How many of them have you seen? How are they armed? Can you fight?" Evodine then suddenly realizes she is talking faster then Roxana would be able to answer and stops to take a breath. "I'm sorry. I'm Trayvara. This is Bredenbent," she says as she nods her head in his direction. "We were at the spring when Lord Pompousbutt send you in here alone...so we followed."

    Mentioning the spring sends an idea to Evodine's racing mind. She pulls out the waterskin full of spring water and hands it to Roxana. "Here. Drink this."
    "I think I'll live," says Roxana, "but thanks for asking. I didn't stop to keep count, but I definitely saw their leader. He was doing some... ritual. Ha, it's like the stories mother used to read me. Except I'm unsure if I'm the hero or damsel in distress." She takes a deep breath. "Hello Trayvara. Hello Bredenbent. Lest you think I'm ungrateful, let me just say your faces were a welcome sight." A moment of silence passes as she thinks. In the meantime, she gratefully accepts Evodine's waterskin and drinks from it. "That's much better, but you should know the legends of the spring's healing properties are exaggerated. On the other hand, there is certainly something magical about the spring's source. Anyhow, I was thinking that the presence of the goblins' leader might permit a diplomatic approach. It's your call, though; I'm in no position to disagree, but now that you're here, we certainly can make it out safely. I cannot say the same for the goblins' reported victims. I'd hate to leave them."

    Spoiler: Errich
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    Errich is also sounding really moody right now (talking about how his family died) and if they try to press on it, responds rather curtly by saying
    My family is dead, and Jurgen is allowing me political asylum. You seem like good people and I thank you for your help, but I don't want to talk about what happened, and there's really nothing you can do to make me.
    Vulmar nods courteously and says, "My sympathies. I like to believe the necromancer's days are numbered. With any luck, Herzfeld will return to us, and the Queen will send her crusaders to assist us with our adversary."

    Cheldric stirs. "Say, friend, you might've found our conversation unenlightening. I confess, we're no experts. You should speak to Cleric Rothsbach. Since the necromancer has begun hounding these lands, Heather Rothsbach has taken quite an interest in the necromancer's deadly affairs. You may find her at the Temple of Bahamut in Rose Ward. For my part... Excuse our seeming detachment, but we must concern ourselves strategically with the Duke's defense, and I cannot lie to him or any of his guests. Herzfeld's options are not looking good at the moment."

    Spoiler: Guhzunthite
    Show
    Guhzunthite manages to pick a path in the dark. It is not so much that he can see in the pitch black under the thick forest canopy but that he remembers the River of Giants and its position relative to the Northern Antelope, a favored constellation among survivalists. Now all that remains is to avoid hurting himself and Lothzar while they stumble in the dark, and thankfully the paths he meticulously picks for the next hour or so are relatively gentle and free of hazards.

    The woods grow sparser and the canopy pulls away to reveal a bright moon above surrounded by twinkling stars. A sudden cool breeze rushes by and the trees rustle softly in the otherwise quiet night. If the cosmos felt a disturbance at the great violence which transpired just over an hour ago, the night sky did not show it. (Constitution saving throw.)

    Spoiler: Gelećek
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Well I can't deny being a Wizard, magic is how I've paid my way since I stopped tilling fields. But I'm neither adventurer nor assassin.

    He listens to the three offers and whilst the third immediately jumps out, that coud be nothing or it could be more of the duke's 'associates' doing their work. He believes he has the best chance with the catacombs, and starts plotting ways his existing skills may be of use.

    With your permission I elect to take on the catacombs.
    "You have both my permission and my thanks," says Sara. "As it happens, I've been meaning to map out the underground for a while, but only small sections have been completed in-between our busy schedule of ruins and temples. I cannot fault the Empire for shoddy construction; many relics from their occupation centuries ago survive today. Gives us plenty to do."

    She hands Gelećek a map case, containing within a few maps on rolled parchment detailing Borden's underground. It appears the catacombs are accessible from several locations in the nobles' quarter, including but not limited to the Duke's castle, a watch fort, an old temple of Pelor, and a place called Tullinger's Cemetery. Some of it has already been mapped, though many corridors trail off into blank patches of parchment, indicating that whoever compiled these maps never bothered to check down these corridors. It is hardly blameworthy; the catacombs look truly labyrinthine.

    "I need the maps back later," says Sara. "Cartographers don't come cheap—so try not to ruin these maps! Anyhow, I need you to figure out this block." She indicates a blank portion of the map. The fastest route there is down to the sewers using a manhole beside an Amsbaden bank branch and through a straight tunnel to a catacomb gate. The region past the gate is uncharted. "If you'd note the gate," says Sara, "I suspect like the other entrances it is locked. It's very probable no one possesses the key any longer, it being as old as it is. Feel free to break the original lock, but be sure to lock it anew to make sure no one tries to wander in." She hands Gelećek a sturdy lock and its associated key. Both are iron. "Anything else? Hmm..."

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Guhzunthite sigh and say in a low voice: " So, are you still lost? I think we should consider making a camp now that we are in the clear. I doubt those creatures are chasing us after all. "

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Evodine looks to Bredenbent as she thinks. "We could sneak out and have the lord send in a larger force. That would take time." She looks back to Roxana. "You say the leader is doing some sort of ritua? And they just dragged some villagers down here?" She looks at the door, peering past it really, imagining the things going on down the other hall. "We can't leave those poor people there. As soon as you're ready, we should move on them."

    Evodine looks back to Bredenbent, shaking her head. "I think after this, I'll just set up a flower booth back at the capital."
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

    Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show


    Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DJCamWozzle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Stran goes back through the offices again, this time taking items that he deems valuable. He flips through the books quickly to see if the workers hid anything within the pages. As he conducts his search for any sort of key that may open the chests, he stops on the sledgehammer. If no key could be found, blunt force could work, right?

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Stran checks the offices again for any keys to open the chests up with. He will also take the following:
    Handkerchief with embroidered address
    Vial with red liquied
    the hourglass
    map of the mystery region
    flask of alchemist's fire.
    If no key presents itself, he will use the sledgehammer and try busting the locks off.
    I walk away from the corpse...eyelids fluttering in the wind.

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saint Jimmy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)


    Yes, I believe that I shall speak with the cleric at a more seemly hour.

    He thanks the men and walks off, thinking about how he could somehow juggle the party and this new development.

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kobold-Bard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Gelećek

    No, thank you. Since this is a real mission, I trust I've been given all information relevant and available.

    He leaves and heads for the bank entrance to the catacombs.

    -----
    Insight on Sara: (d20+3)[18]
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Spoiler: Guhzunthite
    Show
    Guhzunthite gains one level of exhaustion. Guhzunthite levels up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Guhzunthite sigh and say in a low voice: " So, are you still lost? I think we should consider making a camp now that we are in the clear. I doubt those creatures are chasing us after all."
    "Lost?" says Lothzar. "I cannot see in this pitch black. I second the suggestion to rest." He sits against a nearby tree. "These woods are too dry for my tastes."

    Spoiler: Evodine
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    Evodine looks to Bredenbent as she thinks. "We could sneak out and have the lord send in a larger force. That would take time." She looks back to Roxana. "You say the leader is doing some sort of ritua? And they just dragged some villagers down here?" She looks at the door, peering past it really, imagining the things going on down the other hall. "We can't leave those poor people there. As soon as you're ready, we should move on them."
    Roxana nods.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    Evodine looks back to Bredenbent, shaking her head. "I think after this, I'll just set up a flower booth back at the capital."
    Bredenbent flashes a rare smile. "And here I thought you were discovering your love for adventure." He turns his attention to the door, readying his bow. Roxana likewise readies her bow. "Let's go," he says.

    The door opens up to the dark caverns. Roxana's torchlight spills out, illuminating the damp rock floor and walls. In the distance, Evodine can hear a rhythmic voice chanting.

    "It's begun," whispers Roxana.

    Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    Stran finds no key. After going around the offices to collect several items, he returns to the crates with the sledgehammer he found and attempts to strike off the locks. It takes him a minute and half of exerted swinging to smash the lock off, but he manages to do so, also taking a chunk of wood with the lock. Opening the crate reveals that it is packed with salt, many gold coins' worth. (Perception check: (1d20+1)[8].)

    Spoiler: Errich
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post

    Yes, I believe that I shall speak with the cleric at a more seemly hour.

    He thanks the men and walks off, thinking about how he could somehow juggle the party and this new development.
    Cheldric and Vulmar nod courteously and walk down the hallway. They turn a corner and their footsteps recede into silence.

    Errich is standing in the servants' quarters.

    Spoiler: Gelećek
    Show
    Sara is a tired veteran of many expeditions, and her demeanor reflects this. Nonetheless, she seems quite enthusiastic, if controlled, about her work.

    It is past midday by the time Gelećek arrives at the Amsbaden Group's branch. Six armed figures patrol perimeter of the building. To the building's left is a boutique magic items shop. To its right is a small cafe. In the alley between the Amsbaden building and the boutique shop is a manhole. Walking into the alley, Gelećek finds that the manhole cover can easily be lifted. A ladder descends down the manhole, but he cannot see the bottom, as it is pitch black down there.

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    Stran finds nothing more. He moves from crate to crate, breaking each open one after another. It usually takes several tries to smash the locks off with the sledgehammer, but they always eventually give. Each time, he finds that the crates contain salt. Every single crate brought from the Red Jailer. (Intelligence check: (1d20+3)[11].)
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-12-15 at 12:52 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    Stran notices nothing further.

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saint Jimmy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Knowing he would be completely unable to sleep, Errich goes back to his room and plans out his course of action.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    How much time is left until the party? That will impact what Errich does.

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DJCamWozzle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    "What...what the hell is all this?!" Stran begins pouring the crates out and digging through the salty piles, searching to see if there's anything deeper hidden inside. There had to be something more, would they really cause such a big fuss over salt?
    I walk away from the corpse...eyelids fluttering in the wind.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    Evodine rushes out the door toward the chanting, short sword and dagger both drawn and ready.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move toward the goblins, attack if I have enough movement to get there. If not, then move as far as possible and ready an action to attack if the goblins close on Evodine.

    Attack: (d20+5)[10] for (d6+3)[7] damage
    Attack 2: (Dagger) (d20+5)[6] for (d4)[3]
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

    Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show


    Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

    My character just take his bedroll out and not his tent since the weather isnt bad.

    " Well we are both exhausted. Let's rest and pray for the best."

    Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    I'll update my character tommorow, Im not at home right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •