New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Aiming a Weapon

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Aiming a Weapon

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since Ive posted, but I would love some thoughts from the playground about a game I am making, or more specifically about Aiming and what governs it. I am working on a game with 5 ability scores instead of the common dnd-style 6. I want to make aiming a weapon (melee or ranged) be governed by the Intellect Ability, and wonder your thoughts on that?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Aiming a Weapon

Hmm, it is eye-to-hand coordination. What other ability scores does your system have?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Might, Agility, Vitality, Intellect, Spirit.

Ive been doing a lot of thinking and realize that one doesnt have to be smart to be a good fighter (it helps of course). So I think perhaps I will just give the option to use Mit, Agl, or Int. Maybe not even restrict it, but recognize that there are moments when any of them could be used.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Sniping is as much about weaponising math as hand-eye coordination. So I can se why intellect could work over dexterity, at least for the kind of shots requiring a parabolic arc. Maybe not for every shot though...
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"