Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default DnD 5e, Lvl 1, Recruiting Second Party

Altab was the pinnacle of magic and knowledge. The diversity of its spell casters surpassed even those of Yevmak while the cornucopia of innovations from the Library of Kiera drew the enlightened from all the planes of existence. Each year, the volume and variety of exotic trade and commerce grew and these in turn attracted the most noble and most corrupt of souls from the neighboring lands. Yet, the days when Elves shared drink with Dwarves in merrily lit taverns are long gone.

During the last two centuries, Altab has been decimated not by war or disease but by progress and science. Discovery of the Crepitis in Zoltax led to the forging of Endematous steel. Endematous steel was the solution for those who did not have the ability or drive to study the intricacies of Arcana. In a few decades, Zoltax became a gargantuan power. Fueled by the Crepitis, its denizens devoured their natural resources and soon cast their glance on the surrounding lands and even the multi-planes.

Many blamed the frailty of High King Shadar while others attributed the betrayal of Aurin and the Wildlands as the cause Altabís current state. Regardless of the source, the lands of Altab have been stripped of most of its raw Arcana. Zoltax propaganda beguiled the public to treat Arcane casters as the bane of society and harbingers of misfortune. Hunted and tortured by Zoltax mercenaries, Arcane users fled to Yevmak in droves.

Yet it was not just Arcane casters that were cast into the roles of societal untouchables. All non-human races became suspect as Zoltax science spread its doctrines. While still tolerated in Altab, all non-humans were considered suspect and a wide berth was given to them by the uneducated masses. However, those of noble birth, good of heart or of erudition regarded the other races with respect and those who fought in the war of the Saphhire Nine treated them as kin.

Recently, the forces of Zoltax have been spotted crossing the Sea of Sika. Concerned with the possible ramifications of these sightings, the High Court has sent numerous emissaries across the land bearing invitations to ask for assistance in intelligence collection. As you ready to gather your morning meal, such an emissary has arrived to deliver your invitation. Collecting minimal gear and equipment, you ride with haste to the Capital City of Kor (see below for details).

Party 1:

Party 2:

Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-11-01 at 06:03 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Altab, 5e w/ Homebrew, low lvl & magic, new players welcome.

Looks like a pretty interesting pitch, but uhh, will there be any technical information? Gonna be a smidgen hard to make a character, or even know whether I'm interested or not without some more information...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

System: DnD 5e
    Player Count: 4 (1 already taken)
    Style of Play: PbP, minimum of 1 post/day
    Allowed Content: PHB, characters provided Homebrew content based on their BG
    Character Creation:
    • Backstory: Required (put in character sheet). The better the detail, the more I use for the campaign & more customized your equipment
    • Experience: 0, starting @ lvl 1
    • Wealth: 0, you don't need to buy anything at the start
    • Equipement: pick out 200gp worth (no magical). You don't get to keep the gp that you don't spend.
    • Ability Scores: Fill in stats with the following - 18, 16, 16, 14, 10, 8
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max
    • Alignment: Any

Other Notes:

• Read the overall PbP guide here
    • Character sheets on MythWeavers (remember to grant me viewing permission so I can see them, my ID is Archangelat)
    • I emphasize good story telling and RP over mechanics in my campaign. That said, there will be plenty of combat, not as much as riddles and puzzle solving (as these tend to slow the game down).
    • If there is a critical moment in the story and you have not posted for a bit, I will have your character react as I think he/she would in the circumstance to move the game along.
    • Use the forum dice roller for dice rolls please.
    • I'm pretty open to negotiating anything as long as your story is good and your RP is solid.
    • It's been awhile since I've DM'ed and haven't really done 5E so be patient at times and bear w/ me.
    • I'm always open to suggestions/concerns via PM.
    • Your party will face choices that affect the outcome of the game. The choices are often mutually exclusive. If you guys are really curious I will post the general results of the other choices in the OOC if they don't affect the plot too much.

World Map is here
    Altab Map w/ some descriptions is here
    Post any questions you have below
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-29 at 08:11 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin-pult View Post
    Looks like a pretty interesting pitch, but uhh, will there be any technical information? Gonna be a smidgen hard to make a character, or even know whether I'm interested or not without some more information...
    Yea I was writing it as you were posting :P. Made it a second post as it was getting too long.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: DnD 5e, low lvl & magic, new players welcome

I'm definitely interested. I'm thinking some kind of ranged scout/sharpshooter as my character, but don't know if I want to make them a fighter or rogue. Or something else. I'll think about it and get back to you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Posting interest as either a fighter or some other frontliner.
    Playground in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

low lvl & magic

How low, is low magic?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm intrigued and also like the one post per day minimum. Too many other threads I've been in have declined simply because folks are not active enough.

Consider this a post for interest. I'll take a look at the map and think about a character.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaK View Post
    I'm definitely interested. I'm thinking some kind of ranged scout/sharpshooter as my character, but don't know if I want to make them a fighter or rogue. Or something else. I'll think about it and get back to you.
    Sounds good, both would work out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    low lvl & magic

How low, is low magic?
    Low magic more as in there will be various anti-magic elements in the story. Not that you can't play a magic user or anything, just that it will be much more challenging in this campaign to do so.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelat View Post
    Low magic more as in there will be various anti-magic elements in the story. Not that you can't play a magic user or anything, just that it will be much more challenging in this campaign to do so.
    So what you're saying is, a world with general mistrust and/or hatred of magic, in some places spilling over into racism against non-humans as well?

Half-elf sorcerer it is!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol, I was debating between and elf sorcerer and a halfling monk. Thanks for making the decision easy. I'll be putting together a halfling monk soon.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

So what you're saying is, a world with general mistrust and/or hatred of magic, in some places spilling over into racism against non-humans as well?

Half-elf sorcerer it is!
    Bingo you got it. More of the backstory gets revealed as you travel along.

Quote Originally Posted by Armored Walrus View Post
    Lol, I was debating between and elf sorcerer and a halfling monk. Thanks for making the decision easy. I'll be putting together a halfling monk soon.
    Halfling monk? All those yummy AC bonus & self-reliance skills. Good stuff :).
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, I was just thinking monk. Maybe bard. Or rogue. In fact, I think inspiration just struck for a Human Rogue...
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I was halfway into building that elf sorcerer - ashamed of his abilities because he's been convinced they are dirty, wants to deny even having them, but can't help himself as sometimes the magic just gushes out of him. Going to have to come up with something as compelling for the monk other than the image of Yoda spinning around during a lightsaber duel.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Estralita View Post
    Aww, I was just thinking monk. Maybe bard. Or rogue. In fact, I think inspiration just struck for a Human Rogue...
    Rogues are always sexy w/ those useful skill points.

I was halfway into building that elf sorcerer - ashamed of his abilities because he's been convinced they are dirty, wants to deny even having them, but can't help himself as sometimes the magic just gushes out of him. Going to have to come up with something as compelling for the monk other than the image of Yoda spinning around during a lightsaber duel.
    Lol, Yoda monk sounds pretty fun. If you want ideas for monk, then:

• He can be one of the last protectors of Allistone
    • He can be a monk preaching humility and piety in the merchant kingdom of Hurama
    • He can be helping to keep the last semblance of law and order in Sidperles
    • Exchanging manual labor for room and board w/ a farmer
    • Just having escaped from Ogres in the Kingdom of Pyrinus
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

16. - Top - End - #16

I'm definitely interested. I am a new to D&D 5ed, but I am vetaran role-player.

I will play a wizard. Additional challenges mean there is more role-playing fun.
    Last edited by Pol Detson; 2016-10-27 at 05:14 PM.
    DM: Swordpoints, Storms and Stars IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

If I can play a Champion Fighter, a Rogue, or maybe a Ranger in a PbP game at this Forum, sure, yes and always please!

Submitted for your approval

Spoiler: Wood-elf Fighter Erevan's backstory
    Show

Though he'd "lived", if you could call it "living" for years, growing soft in this city of men, Theren remembered the forest.

Erevan loved the forest.

The sound of the wind, the river, the birds.
    And foot steps.
    He loved his family as well, but he always felt the call of the forest, where he could live without speaking, and be still.
    And listen.
    And wait.
    For his prey.
    He told himself he hunted to feed his family and neighbors, but deep inside he knew that wasn't true.
    He needed the sounds of the woods, as well as the quiet.
    And to watch
    And to listen.

He heard the woods burning.

He had lived through forest-fires before, but this was different. There had been no lighting. And he heard screaming. Elf screams!
    In an instant from so still he would appear to be part of the woods, he became quick as a deer running from a couger, and he ran towards home.
    Towards his family.
    Towards everyone he knew.
    He saw the burned bodies.
    And the arrows.
    And something else.

A banner.

Men's banner.

Erevan knew then that he would leave the woods.

He had a new prey.

Erevan the Wood Elf Fighter

If you prefer here's an alternative (no sheet yet):
    Spoiler: Human Barbarian "Ox" Ossian's backstory
    Show

The girl screamed while the soldiers laughed.
    He's forgotten so much, but he could remember that.
    He didn't understand.
    When the King's soldiers took Paw away, Ma said Paw "was going to the King to be a hero", but they were hurting her! Heroes didn't do that!
    Ma said that he was as strong as Paw now, maybe stronger, even though he didn't have a beard yet.
    Ma said he needed to do what Paw used to, cut the tree's, dig the wells, and when the time came slaughter the pigs. With axe, hammer and shovel he would swing hisarms and do what Ma said.
    Ma said "Ossian, you listen now to your cousin Gwen, she's got a good head".
    Maw was the only one who called him "Ossian", everyone else called him "Ox".
    Gwen was screaming!
    Maw said "you need to do what your Paw would do".
    Paw was a hero.
    So he swung his arms.
    The soldiers stopped laughing, but Gwen still screamed.
    "You've got to run Ox, they'll kill you"! "Run far, go to the rebels".
    So he ran.
    He ran far and met the rebels.
    They gave him a sword.
    And he did what they told him.
    He swung his arms.
    So much he has forgotten.
    But he remembered somethings.
    He remembered Maw's, Paw's, and Gwen's faces.
    Now when he looked into the water he saw Paw's face, but Paw's beard was never grey was it?
    He remembered that they called him "hero" once, now if anyone used that word about him they put "was a" in front of it.
    He remembered he used to be strong.
    He was still strong, but not like he was.
    And he remembered the King.
    And that she would be back.
    And he would have to swing his arms again.

I am absolutely willing to change the PC to match the campaign!
    Last edited by 2D8HP; 2016-10-28 at 10:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Alrighty, I've got all the mechanical stuff in order now. It's quite late here, so I'll get most of the fluff done tomorrow.

Arvad Dreamseeker (WIP)
    (Except for the bow and arrow, this is basically what he looks like.)

Spoiler: Backstory (WIP)
    Show

Arvad is the son of a human man and an elven woman, who lived modestly but happily in a small human village on the border between the lands of Kor and the lands of king Smolt. While there were some who grumbled about having an elf among them, the couple was generally accepted. This changed, however, when a series of bad harvests had the peasants looking for something or someone to blame for their misfortune. It wasn't long before that blame fell on the mixed couple and the "cursed halfbreed" they had birthed a few years earlier. Sensing the growing animosity, Arvad's mother sent a message for her father, an old elven sage, asking him to take away his grandson to a safe place. This saved Arvad's life, for it was not long after that the animosity culminated in the angry peasants, led by a cruel local magistrate, hanged his father and burned his mother at the stake.
    Arvad thus ended up spending most of his life with his grandfather in a secluded refuge for scholars and mages in Allistone, where he was trained in lore and magic once his inheritance of draconic magic showed itself. Prone to daydreaming about finding lost secrets of magic and ushering in a new age of acceptance and tolerance for the arcane, Arvad's grandfather nicknamed him "little dreamer", which later made him take on the moniker Dreamseeker, as he decided after 32 years that, despite being immensely grateful towards his grandfather, he could not spend his life in seclusion. He wanted to travel the lands, learn of it, and unearth the secrets it held. He was convinced that it was ignorance that made people lash out at the arcane and non-humans. And ignorance could only be countered with knowledge and truth. So with a dream and a bag packed by a doting old elf, the young idealist set out to change the world.

This is just a rough draft of the background. I'll likely add more details to it tomorrow. But it gives a basic idea of the character, I think.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    If I can play a Champion Fighter, a Rogue, or maybe a Ranger in a PbP game at this Forum, sure, yes and always please!

Submitted for your approval

Spoiler: Wood-elf Fighter Erevan's backstory
    Show

Though he'd "lived", if you could call it "living" for years, growing soft in this city of men, Theren remembered the forest.

Erevan loved the forest.

The sound of the wind, the river, the birds.
    And foot steps.
    He loved his family as well, but he always felt the call of the forest, where he could live without speaking, and be still.
    And listen.
    And wait.
    For his prey.
    He told himself he hunted to feed his family and neighbors, but deep inside he knew that wasn't true.
    He needed the sounds of the woods, as well as the quiet.
    And to watch
    And to listen.

He heard the woods burning.

He had lived through forest-fires before, but this was different. There had been no lighting. And he heard screaming. Elf screams!
    In an instant from so still he would appear to be part of the woods, he became quick as a deer running from a couger, and he ran towards home.
    Towards his family.
    Towards everyone he knew.
    He saw the burned bodies.
    And the arrows.
    And something else.

A banner.

Men's banner.

Erevan knew then that he would leave the woods.

He had a new prey.

Erevan the Wood Elf Fighter

If you prefer here's an alternative (no sheet yet):
    Spoiler: Human Barbarian "Ox" Ossian's backstory
    Show

The girl screamed while the soldiers laughed.
    He's forgotten so much, but he could remember that.
    He didn't understand.
    When the King's soldiers took Paw away, Ma said Paw "was going to the King to be a hero", but they were hurting her! Heroes didn't do that!
    Ma said that he was as strong as Paw now, maybe stronger, even though he didn't have a beard yet.
    Ma said he needed to do what Paw used to, cut the tree's, dig the wells, and when the time came slaughter the pigs. With axe, hammer and shovel he would swing hisarms and do what Ma said.
    Ma said "Ossian, you listen now to your cousin Gwen, she's got a good head".
    Maw was the only one who called him "Ossian", everyone else called him "Ox".
    Gwen was screaming!
    Maw said "you need to do what your Paw would do".
    Paw was a hero.
    So he swung his arms.
    The soldiers stopped laughing, but Gwen still screamed.
    "You've got to run Ox, they'll kill you"! "Run far, go to the rebels".
    So he ran.
    He ran far and met the rebels.
    They gave him a sword.
    And he did what they told him.
    He swung his arms.
    So much he has forgotten.
    But he remembered somethings.
    He remembered Maw's, Paw's, and Gwen's faces.
    Now when he looked into the water he saw Paw's face, but Paw's beard was never grey was it?
    He remembered that they called him "hero" once, now if anyone used that word about him they put "was a" in front of it.
    He remembered he used to be strong.
    He was still strong, but not like he was.
    And he remembered the King.
    And that she would be back.
    And he would have to swing his arms again.

I am absolutely willing to change the PC to match the campaign!
    Did you use the scores I gave you guys for attributes? If so surprised you didn't put the 18 into your DEX.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol Detson View Post
    I'm definitely interested. I am a new to D&D 5ed, but I am vetaran role-player.

I will play a wizard. Additional challenges mean there is more role-playing fun.
    That's the attitude. Looking forward to your sheet and BG.

Alrighty, I've got all the mechanical stuff in order now. It's quite late here, so I'll get most of the fluff done tomorrow.

Arvad Dreamseeker (WIP)
    (Except for the bow and arrow, this is basically what he looks like.)

Spoiler: Backstory (WIP)
    Show

Arvad is the son of a human man and an elven woman, who lived modestly but happily in a small human village on the border between the lands of Kor and the lands of king Smolt. While there were some who grumbled about having an elf among them, the couple was generally accepted. This changed, however, when a series of bad harvests had the peasants looking for something or someone to blame for their misfortune. It wasn't long before that blame fell on the mixed couple and the "cursed halfbreed" they had birthed a few years earlier. Sensing the growing animosity, Arvad's mother sent a message for her father, an old elven sage, asking him to take away his grandson to a safe place. This saved Arvad's life, for it was not long after that the animosity culminated in the angry peasants, led by a cruel local magistrate, hanged his father and burned his mother at the stake.
    Arvad thus ended up spending most of his life with his grandfather in a secluded refuge for scholars and mages in Allistone, where he was trained in lore and magic once his inheritance of draconic magic showed itself. Prone to daydreaming about finding lost secrets of magic and ushering in a new age of acceptance and tolerance for the arcane, Arvad's grandfather nicknamed him "little dreamer", which later made him take on the moniker Dreamseeker, as he decided after 32 years that, despite being immensely grateful towards his grandfather, he could not spend his life in seclusion. He wanted to travel the lands, learn of it, and unearth the secrets it held. He was convinced that it was ignorance that made people lash out at the arcane and non-humans. And ignorance could only be countered with knowledge and truth. So with a dream and a bag packed by a doting old elf, the young idealist set out to change the world.

This is just a rough draft of the background. I'll likely add more details to it tomorrow. But it gives a basic idea of the character, I think.
    Love it so far. So decided to go w/ the more conservative Draconic lineage vs wild magic eh? :P. Please put your BG into your CS please as that makes it easier to reference later. Thanks.
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-27 at 06:18 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Love it so far. So decided to go w/ the more conservative Draconic lineage vs wild magic eh? :P. Please put your BG into your CS please as that makes it easier to reference later. Thanks.
    I just generally like the draconic bloodline better than wild magic, really.I don't mind some randomness from magic now and then, but the wild magic table is a bit much. At least for this character concept, anyway.
    Plus, like I said there's just something in the draconic lineage that speaks to me.

I will add the BG to the sheet post-haste.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I just generally like the draconic bloodline better than wild magic, really.I don't mind some randomness from magic now and then, but the wild magic table is a bit much. At least for this character concept, anyway.
    Plus, like I said there's just something in the draconic lineage that speaks to me.

I will add the BG to the sheet post-haste.
    Yep I'm on the same page w/ you regarding the chaos table. They should just have left the consequences up to the GM discretion.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground

Question Re: DnD 5e, low lvl & magic, new players welcome

Did you use the scores I gave you guys for attributes? If so surprised you didn't put the 18 into your DEX.
    Ability Scores: Fill in stats with the following - 18, 16, 16, 14, 10, 8
    Post any questions you have below
    Holy Moly!
    *gulp*
    Is that stat array before or after racial modifiers?
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

23. - Top - End - #23

There's enough interest here that I'll quit out. Have a good one.
    Playground in the Playground

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol, Yoda monk sounds pretty fun. If you want ideas for monk, then:

• He can be one of the last protectors of Allistone
    • He can be a monk preaching humility and piety in the merchant kingdom of Hurama
    • He can be helping to keep the last semblance of law and order in Sidperles
    • Exchanging manual labor for room and board w/ a farmer
    • Just having escaped from Ogres in the Kingdom of Pyrinus
    What's the status of halflings on this continent? Are they essentially wherever humans are and accepted as more or less "short humans"? Do they keep to themselves in some out of the way pastoral region, do they live in isolated villages of demi-humans?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Holy Moly!
    *gulp*
    Is that stat array before or after racial modifiers?
    Before. You might need it or not depending on how you guys play it out :P. Also, your Ox's BG seems to have much more character in there and might be a better match as there is no good frontline so far.

That said, I want you to play the character you want to play :).
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-27 at 09:04 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's the raw bones of Kiko. Left the deity blank until further input from DM. I'll work on backstory.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

What's the status of halflings on this continent? Are they essentially wherever humans are and accepted as more or less "short humans"? Do they keep to themselves in some out of the way pastoral region, do they live in isolated villages of demi-humans?
    They are tolerated by most as humans with a defect (which is better than another race). As such they can be found in any region that humans are, just much less so in number (1:100).
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, here goes.

Spoiler: Kiko's background
    Show
    Kiko's first memory is of flame. The sounds of his brothers' and sisters' screams, the smell of soot and charred flesh as his mother cradled him in her arms as she stumbled through the streets, the searing pain in his face, shoulder and chest, he doesn't think he remembers these - only the dancing flames.

Chakol, the monk who found him lying, bawling and naked in the street, inches from his dead mother's outstretched arms, only filled in the details many years later. No one ever knew if it was the Arcane who set the fire, or those hunting him, but the warren of tiny huts that sheltered most of Kiko's diminutive clan on the outskirts of the village went up like kindling, regardless of the source. Kiko's entire family was roasted alive, and he was barely saved, having been covered in charred and melted flesh across a quarter of his body.

Under Chakol's tutelage, Kiko believes he has learned to accept what happened that night, and the fact that he was helpless to do anything about it. He learned the way of the Monks of the valley monastery - a peaceful mind, an active body, and a serving soul. As the years went by, he progressed, learning a trade mending and making small items for local homesteaders, honing his physical quickness, and deepening his connection to his inner life force - his ki.

Despite his appearance - the angry red, twisted flesh covers half of his face, envelops his left shoulder and most of his left arm - Kiko's earnest honesty, and deep empathy made it easy for him to get along with people. When the monastery sent him out each year for his annual month of service, he had little trouble finding work mending pots, making pins, and doing other small metalcrafts.

But then another memory of flame.

He was returning from his month of wandering, looking forward to Chakol's hearty laughter, Daivol's creamy ale - thick enough to float a copper on it - and Krenshaw's capon and roasted potatoes, when he smelled the sour stench of charred wood. He sprinted to the crest of the final hill, dreading the view of the monastery that the outlook would provide, and felt anew the pain, heard the screams, and saw the flames, if only in his mind's eye. The burning had clearly happened not long after he left. Nothing was left now but a sooty ruin, blackened stone heaped in piles where the timbers that once held them up had burned away.

Talking to the dwellers of the nearest town, he learned that Chakol had been accused of harboring an Arcane by a roving Zoltaxian hit squad. Unwilling to reveal anything to the bandits, Chakol barred the doors and refused to treat with them. They responded by setting fires all around the monastery and burning it to the ground.

Feeling lost, Kiko simply wandered away. He has spent the last decade wandering, making a living using his tinker's skills, barely remembering his teachings, but trying to remember how to accept; trying to decide whether he hated the Arcanes, the Zoltaxian's or himself more. Trying not to see the flames.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Consider me interested. You mentioned arcane casters specifically, what's the status of divine casters in the setting? Also what deities are used?

Thinking a cleric as no one else has taken interest in them, though barbarian is also tempting with the high stats (18 Str, 16 Dex, 16 Con, 16 AC while running around naked, more potentially with the right race).

What's the climate like? The map makes me think cold, mountainous, and encourages my mind to drift towards barbarian, but since it looks quite like a satellite image I'm not going to go off that assumption without asking for more detail.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

We need a female up in here :

Spoiler: Bard - Talia
    Show
    Pain and the taste of blood. Why? Why her? She had nothing to her name. No food, no money, no home. She had never harmed a person in her life. So why target her? To even go so far as to cut out her tongue?

Cruel.
    Despicable.
    Worthless.

At least they didn't touch her fingers.

As she stumbled out of the alleyway she took solace in the fact they would not return to bother her again. Their burnt bodies lying in the dirt made sure of that.

Orphaned at a young age, Talia has spent most of her life on the streets with only her mother's lyre for company. By day she sang and played in the marketplace and by night she hid from those who sought to harm her for what she really was, a half-breed. First they found her mother, now they had found her. She hated them; so much so that she could still feel the sting of her Breath deep in her throat when she thought of them and what they had done. But she had to go, couldn't stay. They probably had friends, family who would be looking for them, who would kill her if they found her. She had to go. But where?

Thoughts? I'll post the character sheet when I finish picking my spells.
    Last edited by kuroneko17; 2016-10-28 at 12:28 AM.