Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 121

Thread: Altab [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Altab [IC]

    After arriving at the Capital City, you were stopped at the gates. Unnerved by your appearance, the gate guards ready their arms. However, you quickly diffuse the tension by presenting your Royal Invite.

    Though skeptical, the guards return to their posts as a guide escorts you into the City.

    After several hours, you finally arrive at entrance of the High Court upon which you are greeted by a courtier who escorts you to the waiting room.

    "Please make yourself comfortable for the time being. Adviser Maltek will be arriving promptly to greet you," stated the courtier as he quickly made his exit.

    Though polite, you detect a clear sense of disdain emanating from the courtier as he turns away from you.

    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-28 at 03:42 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Human Barbarian "Ox" Ossian

    Well isn't this cozy?

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Arvad looked around the waiting room with big eyes, pulling out a book filled with scraps of paper stuck inbetween the pages and a piece of graphite as he walked over to study the decorations more closely.
    "Fascinating. Such colorful and flamboyant decorations, not unlike a peacock displaying its tail. I wonder if this is intentionally done to impress waiting guests, or simply the local style... Oooh, is that a hint of the elven style of murals? That is simply amazing, to find something like that in human architecture. I was led to believe it was not welcome anymore..." He prattled out loud to himself, excitedly scribbling down notes and drawing crude pictures of the room's decorations in his book.
    It seemed that he had completely forgotten where he was, and that he was not alone in the room in his happy zeal to study the room.
    "Ooh, but grandpa Peri did say that the high king wasn't someone who hated non-humans... I wonder when they knew each other... Must have been quite a while ago, what with both of them being pretty old..." The excitable blonde went on, his voice falling to an audible mutter as his thoughts went of tangent. He still showed no indication of noticing the other inhabitants of the room.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Oh do you like it? I'm so glad. I had worked so hard on it!" chimed a small musical voice in response to Arvad's comments.

    As the Half Elf lad looked around for the voice, a flood of commentary suddenly flooded the room.

    "You can't believe how long it took me to just convince everyone of letting me do the decorations for this room, especially Maltek. I mean you should have just seen the room before I arrived. All shaded, dark and bland. You would think that this was a place to bury the dead. I mean I know humans are not as colorful as us fairy folks but the ones I had known before were never this bad. Well they are not all like this at all. Old King Shadar is so much more fun and creative and awesome than Maltek for example. He's always got some super yummy fruit for me and I don't think I've ever seen him without a smile....Well that's not quite true. He seems much less happy these days. What with all the Undead popping up out of nowhere, those pesky Zotax constructs and those unruly Pirates. I mean when's the last time you even seen or heard of the Undead around here am I right?"

    Finally Arvad spotted the owner of the monologue a few feet above his head.

    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-28 at 04:57 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Oh my!" Arvad exclaimed in astonishment as the tiny winged creature revealed itself. "A fay, in the middle of a human castle of all places! What a marvel!" He smiled gleefully, his eyes sparkling with wonder. He then abruptly looked mortified, before continuing on in another language. More precisely in Sylvan, the language of the fay.
    ["Where are my manners, I'm certain it is proper etiquette to always greet a fay in their native tongue if possible. My grandfather always said so, at any rate. I am Arvad, called dreamseeker, apprentice scholar. If it's not rude, may I ask what manner of fay you are? My first guess would either a sprite or pixie, but my studies in the good folk was quite some years ago. And you are the first I meet in person. Such an honor. I've always loved the poetry and songs of the fay. This also explains the fascinating interior design in here. Fay aesthetics are legendary."]
    Arvad talked excitedly, with just as much glee and fervor as the fairy. First the chance to study the hallowed halls of the high king, and now a friendly fay, which even gave him a chance to practice his lingustics, too. This was a good day indeed!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Dreamseeker, what a neat name! You certainly look beautiful enough to be in someone's dreams. I don't think I know of any good songs or poems though. Or in fact much of manners. I had to learn to become a scary Druid before I was old enough to learn all those stuff. I'm a Pixie of course dummy! Oh maybe I shouldn't have called you that? But then again that's what the Elder Dragons called us kids. That reminds me, have you seen any old big Brass Dragons on your journey here?" quipped the Pixie.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Archangelat View Post
    After arriving at the Capital City, you were stopped at the gates. Unnerved by your appearance, the gate guards ready their arms. However, you quickly diffuse the tension by presenting your Royal Invite.

    Though skeptical, the guards return to their posts as a guide escorts you into the City.

    After several hours, you finally arrive at entrance of the High Court upon which you are greeted by a courtier who escorts you to the waiting room.

    "Please make yourself comfortable for the time being. Adviser Maltek will be arriving promptly to greet you," stated the courtier as he quickly made his exit.

    Though polite, you detect a clear sense of disdain emanating from the courtier as he turns away from you.
    Brother Kiko

    Kiko silently bristled at the courtier's tone. He was taught never to think too highly of himself, but also that he was just as good as anyone else. He kept his peace, however; he could tell he would probably be doing a lot of that as long as they remained in the city. Not for the first time, he had second thoughts of even coming here, but he had a deep feeling that it was about time for him to find some direction in his life, and this was as good a beginning as any.

    He silently studied the room - the large, gaping human, the pixie and half-elf absorbed in their conversation. He was sure he was meant to be overawed by the flamboyant decor, but mostly it made him tired. This whole situation filled him with misgivings; these weren't the kind of people he was used to. Still, a journey of a thousand miles, etc. He sighed. He made his decision, and resolved to see this through.

    "Hello."
    Last edited by Armored Walrus; 2016-10-28 at 09:34 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=990823

    Talia glanced around as she entered the room and immediately noticed the three other inhabitants; one human, one short-human, and one...was that an elf?! Since arriving in Capital City this morning she'd been in a constant state of shock; multiple races walked the streets and she had even seen some conversing with each other! It was like night and day from her previous city where non-humans were routinely beaten in broad daylight without the crowd even batting an eye. She was still mulling over this revelation when a bright fluttering caught her attention and she couldn't help but gasp. What was that thing the elf was talking to? Completely focused on the fascinating creature, she hardly noticed the courtier sneering in their direction as he exited the room behind her leaving the small group alone. Mesmerized, Talia unconsciously started to drift towards the pair, fingers fiddling with the plectrum she constantly held in her right hand.
    Last edited by kuroneko17; 2016-10-29 at 12:04 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Human Barbarian "Ox" Ossian

    Uncomfortable amidst such strange opulence, and distrustful of nobility, "Ox" closes his eyes in the hopes it will prove a dream, only to remember how that morning he saw a man who looked how Paw looked when the Kings men took him away, and the young lady that man was with looked like cousin Gwen.
    But they couldn't be. Ossian was now older then Paw had been when he last saw him, so "Paw" could not be Paw, and Gwen? She would now have grey hairs as well.
    More and more he saw memories walking in the day, which wouldn't do. Best not to remember.


    Can I get a drink, sir?

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Arvad was shaken out of his reverie by the halflings greeting, finally noting that he and the fairy were not the only ones in the room. "Hello to yourself. Pardon my rudeness, I tend to get caught up in things that interest me. My name is Arvad Dreamseeker." He answered back cheerily, before also noting the hooded female that had been inching closer to himself and the as of yet unnamed pixie. "And hello to you as well. I am terribly sorry for monopolising as fascinating a conversation partner as the good pixie here. By all means, do join us. Conversation only gets better with more people, yes? Again, I am Arvad. It's very nice to meet you. And no, I haven't had the pleasure to meet any kind of dragon on my way here, much less a brass one. I would love to though. Dragons are said to be wise and knowledgeable beyond mortal ken. The things they could teach us unenlightened..." Arvad went on, stepping over and happily clasping Talia's hand and bobbing it up and down in greeting, a wide smile on his face. Completely disregarding any social norms he may be overstepping in regards to personal space, and turning back to his conversation with the pixie mid-greeting. It all made for a quite confusing pattern for those around him, albeit an enthusiastic one.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Oh hello there. Water? Sure we have water. Did you just want water? We have water of fruits, of flowers or even of dew. Oh and then did you want water from a certain location? The mountains of..."

    Abruptly, the Pixie halted in his usual unfiltered speech and stood motionless with a glazed veil over his eyes. Slowly the Pixie turned towards Talia who also exhibited the same motionless and vapid gaze.

    For Talia:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Silence you insignificant pest! Your current owners may be lenient soft humans but do no forget your true Masters!

    Ah, so your prior Master was a Brass Dragon was it. Explains much about the incessant prattle. Go and close the drapes for this room immediately."


    Oh the irony. Forced to use this host for the time being. Then again they deserve this fate. I might not be able to take revenge on them in this world but I sure can make good use of their precious little mute offspring, isn't that right my child?

    (OOC: roll a Wisdom save)


    For Arvad:
    Spoiler
    Show

    As the Half-Elf shook Talia's hand, he suddenly felt a chill down his back. The chill was accompanied by a sense of awe and wonder, similar to what he had felt as a young kid when his Grandfather first took him to see the last Golden Dragons of Allistone. Yet, there was never this chill. This feeling of emptiness, loneliness and perhaps even a sense of primal savagery and gnawing hunger.


    (OOC: everyone else roll for whatever you deem appropriate or do nothing, your choice )
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-29 at 06:24 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Arvad's eyes widened and his brows rose in suprise at the sudden sensation he got from the woman. It was weird, unexplained and reminded him of his grandfather and dragons, so it was definitely somehow magical.
    Curious. Very curious... And remarkable. He thought as he tried to sort through the different emotions he felt from the odd connection. Hunger? Savagery? he couldn't really relate to those, so instead he latched onto what he DID understand. Loneliness. He then mumbled the first thing that came to his mind.
    "Uuuhm, would you... er, do you need a hug?" He asked uncertainly. It was what his grandfather had always done for him when he had refused to reason through confusing things logically. When one was calm and safe, the understanding could begin.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Arvad went on, stepping over and happily clasping Talia's hand and bobbing it up and down in greeting, a wide smile on his face. Completely disregarding any social norms he may be overstepping in regards to personal space, and turning back to his conversation with the pixie mid-greeting. It all made for a quite confusing pattern for those around him, albeit an enthusiastic one.
    Stunned, Talia could only watch in silence as the elf grabbed her hand and shook it. After he released her hand she couldn't help but stare at it. When was the last time someone had greeted her in this fashion? Actually, had anyone ever done so before?

    Just then her mind went blank. (Roll in OOC)

    "Uuuhm, would you... er, do you need a hug?" He asked uncertainly.
    Who's voice was that?, she thought. Shaking off the chill that had just come over her, Talia glanced up when she heard the elf's question. First a handshake and now a hug? This elf was very strange indeed. In response to his question she held up both hands and shook her head.
    Last edited by kuroneko17; 2016-10-30 at 02:34 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Oh, er, alright. I'm sorry for assuming, it's just I always found a hug helps with lots of things, and you seemed..." Arvad stammered, blushing from embarassment. His brow then wrinkled slightly as he trailed of, unsure what he was about to say.
    "... Huh, I'm not quite sure what I thought you seemed... Anyway, terribly sorry. I'm not very good at social stuff. I've lived a pretty secluded life with my grandfather and his friends." He scratched his cheek awkwardly, glancing left and right.

    "A-anyhoo, Like I said, feel free to join us. What do you think about this place? I personally find it surprising that the high king still has non-human design made by a pixie, wonderful though it is, on open display. I mean, the sentiment in human occupied lands is generally negative towards non-humans, yes? Which means it would look unfavorably in the eyes of the other rulers if he openly displays such interior design. Remarkable show of confidence. But perhaps not the wisest move, politically speaking." He went on, quickly trying to make up for his blunder by talking about something more interesting.
    "Oh I would just love to pick his brain about this... The most influental ruler's quite possibly not hateful view on non-humans. That would certainly make the commonfolk see that there is nothing to fear from elves, dwarves and other civilised folk, and that we'd all be happier in a peaceful, enlightened co-existence..."
    By now Arvad had once again taken on a contemplative tone, talking as much to himself as those around him. He unconsciously reached up and lightly touched one his slightly pointed ears, before tucking it in under his widebrimmed hat with a small sigh.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Brother Kiko

    Kiko watched this exchange thoughtfully, feeling as though he had missed something. He stepped further into the room, his walk a smooth, flowing motion, as though he might be either about to dance or about to commit violence. The puckered red flesh covering his face, and the part of his arm revealed by his loose-fitting homespun shirt don't seem to hamper his movements at all.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Human Barbarian "Ox" Ossian

    Definitely having hallucinations.
    A young Elf? How many years had it been?
    A butterfly man? Couldn't be.
    A two legged human sized Dragon?! Now he knew he was losing what little wits he had left.

    A drug?
    Ah........no.
    But, can I get a drink, please?
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig


    D&D Alignment history


    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Talia listened intently as the elf rambled on. She opened her mouth to say something, grimaced, and then closed it with a sigh. From beside the elf she heard the older human ask for a drink. The idea of water and some food did sound nice and, against her wishes, her stomach rumbled in agreement.
    Last edited by kuroneko17; 2016-10-29 at 07:45 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    As suddenly as it had occurred, both Pipper and Talia reverted back to their original state of being. Clearly fazed by the event that took place Pipper responded slowly to Ox's request.

    "Um...yes a drink of course. I'll go get you some water."

    For Talia:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Hm...maybe you aren't as fragile and helpless as you seem. This bodes quite well then. Just remember little one, you have the blood of a blue dragon and deny it as you will, your blood allegiance will never be for good, though it really matters very little."


    For Kiko:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Halfling moved quietly through the crowd like a gentle breeze on a summer day, he suddenly felt a sudden growing pulsating warmth throughout the scar of his face. Though not explicitly painful, the sensation was definitely uncomfortable and getting worse the closer he was to Talia. Yet the feeling was transient much like the the blink of a Willow' Wisp.


    For those with passive perception 12 or higher:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Watch where you're going you gnat!" cried out a voice as Pipper flew out of the room.

    "I'm sorry, I was just getting the guests some water."

    "Well be quick with it and bring it to the training stadium."


    As the party started to engage in conversation among themselves, a figure in a red cloak entered the room.



    "I do apologize everyone for your long wait. I am Maltek, humble adviser to the High King. May his reign last for eternity.

    I have been expecting you all for quite awhile. Well some of you at least, the others I don't quite recall. Nevertheless I am honored that you have all chosen to heed the invitations.

    While I am sure you are all hungry and tired, Sir Lutic has requested that you be escorted over to the Stadium.

    Do not worry, food and drinks will be awaiting for you there. In the mean time, please follow me and I will explain why you have been invited and answer any questions you may have."
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-10-29 at 08:18 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    A stadium?... Arvad thought to himself, once more being jolted out of his thoughts by the new arrival. He burned to ask question, many of them in fact, but since the man had just said he would answer in due time, Arvad felt it would be a tad rude to immediately pry after that. Why they would need to go to a stadium for it, though, he didn't understand.
    Perhaps an obscure human custom... I do hope that the pixie wasn't hurt. Gnat isn't a very nice way to call someone at all. This man may not be as nice toward non-humans as I'd like... Then again, how could a man end up as a king's advisor without being intelligent and well-informed? Hmm, a piece of knowledge to uncover. How fun!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Heading: Brother Kiko

    Kiko listens warily to Maltek's greeting, not liking the sound of a training stadium. But he simply sighs and say, "If this is what we must do, we may as well make the best of it. Lead on, Maltek."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Talia had an immediate dislike for the adviser. Glancing around at the others, she resolved to follow him at a distance to the stadium.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    After awaiting a few moments for the party to gather themselves and ask any questions, Maltek decided to break the silence.

    "I am sure you are all wondering as to the purpose for your invitation but have been too polite to ask. Therefore, allow me this time to briefly explain. As some of you may know, Zoltax has been increasing their efforts in advancing their technology and ideals to Altab. Unfortunately, along with those ideals and technology come a different culture.

    As innovative as Zoltax technology is, I personally am still a favorite of the prior days of magic and the wonder that come along with it. Nevertheless, the world is changing and the increasing intrusions by the Zoltax forces must be addressed.

    To this end, each of you have been invited to act as a scouting party and assess what is the underlying goal for the latest waves of Zoltax forces that have been scouted on Altab's Western coasts.

    Well I think that should be enough and just in time as well"
    stated Maltek as the party arrived before the entrance of Training Stadium.


    From the center entrance way, emerged a tall human bearing sword and shield.


    Stern of demeanor and hardened by countless battles, the figure spoke with a thundering boom:

    "What took you so long Maltek? Spend long enough in fancy cloth sure makes a man forget how to walk at a decent pace eh?"

    "I was merely making sure you had enough time to prepare for our guests Sir Lutic,"
    responded Maltek as he greeted the warrior.

    "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Sir Lutic, Master Trainer of the court. At this time, I shall leave you all in his capable hands while I attend to more pressing concerns."

    As Maltek left the alcove of the Training Stadium, Lutic greeted the party.

    "Ah so y'all be the new meat. Excellent! Wanna make sure y'all be ready fo'da Zoltak critters out there. Had Datan scrap up a few 1st gen Zoltak scouts fo u folks to practice on. Yo Datan, de'm scouts be ready?" hollered Lutic towards another entrance way.

    "Yes, yes. Be patient, can't rush genius you know? Just have to power them up" responded a slightly perturbed voice.

    "Aight den. There be water n' mead for drinkn' and help yerselvs to wutever equipment u be needin'. When u all be rdy, head on in. I be watchin' from up top with Datan. D'em 1st gens be slow but tough. As long as u be light on ur toes, y'all should be fine, especially u brotha'," stated Lutic as he clapped the Barbarian on the shoulder with enough force to have knocked down any normal warrior.

    (OOC: scrub your equipment and pick out 200gp worth of new combat equipment. No you don't get to keep what you don't spend as gold. Roll initiatives.)
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Ox"

    *sigh*


    So generous.


    Is this another dream?

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    chooses as equipment:
    Longbow (50gp),
    Greatsword (50gp),
    Explorers pack (10gp),
    Travelers cloths (2gp),
    Quiver (1gp),
    20 arrows (1gp),
    Hooded lantern (5gp),
    2 flask's of lantern oil (2sp),
    Healers kit (5gp),
    Climbers kit (25gp), and a
    Flask of Alchemist's Fire (50gp), and
    Extra rations (8sp)


    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Initiative: (d20+10)[26]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Brother Kiko

    Kiko glides silently to the equipment racks. He selects a shortbow on a strap, which he straps across his back, inspects and discards a few dozen arrows before finding a quiver full that satisfies him - strapping the quiver across his back as well, tucks a dagger through his rope belt at either hip, and then hefts a simple wooden staff in his hand. He walks over to the refreshments, takes a small sip of water, then paces to the center of the arena, assuming a stance, on the balls of his feet, looking relaxed, yet somehow simultaneously ready to explode into sudden motion.

    "I am ready," he announces in a clear voice.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Talia inspected the equipment with open-eyed wonder. So many items and she could choose from any of them? Her fingers itched to touch everything. Carefully she picked over the selection and chose what she though would be useful. After packing most of her items away in the backpack, Talia situated herself behind the old human and the halfling. Removing her lyre from her cloak, she stroked the old wood lovingly and plucked one of the strings. A single clear note echoed around the stadium and she smiled, ready.

    Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    Leather armor 10gp
    Dagger x2 4gp
    Crossbow, hand 75gp
    Crossbow bolts x280 14gp
    Case, crossbow bolt 1gp
    Backpack 2gp
    Bedroll 1gp
    Pot, iron 2gp
    Mess kit 2sp
    Rations x10 5gp
    Rope, silk 10gp
    Holy water x3 75gp
    Waterskin 2sp


    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Initiation roll in OOC: 8
    Last edited by kuroneko17; 2016-10-30 at 01:55 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Wasting no time, the Paladin steps into the Training Stadium. In the distance, he spots 3 constructs in a line with a fourth hidden slightly in the shadows.


    (OOC: go to OOC thread to place yourself on the battle map in the first two rows farthest from the scouts. For any that haven't rolled initiative, if you roll above 12, you go before the scouts.)
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2016-11-03 at 09:16 AM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

    Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    As the group prepared for the coming skirmish Talia began to strum her lyre. The music started slow and steady but as her fingers glided across the strings it soon rose to a fever-pitch filling the stadium with a heart-racing melody. She smirked to herself. Do you feel inspired Old human?

    (OOC: inspiration dice for you 2D8HP)
    Last edited by kuroneko17; 2016-10-30 at 05:01 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Ox"






    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    From "N-21", fire an arrow at nearest construct.


    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Longbow,
    Attack: (d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (d8+4)[5]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    Without wasting any time, Kiko launches into action. He jogs forward a bit, drops his staff at his feet, unslings the bow and fires an arrow.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[15] Damage: (1d6+7)[10] Aiming at Scout 3 (depending on how you are doing diagonal squares, that should just barely be normal range. If you need a roll for disadvantage, here it is: (1d20+7)[18]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Altab [IC]

    "Uhm, there must have been made some mistake here..." Arvad called out nervously as the people around him moved to engage the odd constructs on the other side of the arena, in the vain hope that the trainer or advisor would hear him.
    "I am a scholar, not a spy or agent, and most certainly not a warrior. I don't think I'm supposed to be here... Besides, I find that violence is a horrid way of solving conflicts, and one that should best be avoided. Talking out ones' differences is much more beneficial for all involved. especially when one of those involved, like me, is not trained in combat." He went on, his gaze flickering nervously between where the rough human "trainer" had disappeared, his apparent companions, and the eerie enemies at the other end of the stadium.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    A believer in reason and peace, Arvad does nothing besides trying to make sense of the situation and resolving it without fighting. He's super helpful!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •