Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Surreal dreamland IC

Welcome to the Surreal dreamland IC

Original post: Here
    Occ: here

You notice yourself in a room.

The room is made of mirrors. The walls the floor and the ceiling.

The mirrors reflect each other, that creates mirrors within mirrors. You see infinite versions of yourself.

There is also a door in front of you.

You are alone, but you feel as if people were with you.

What do you do?
    Last edited by Perch; 2016-10-30 at 06:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Surreal dreamland IC - Callas' POV (Correct my methodology as necessary)

Where am I? How...did I get here?

I notice the door; the only point of reference among the kaleidoscope of reflections. Reflections that remind me...yes, that's right. I couldn't even manage to kill myself properly. Without bothering to try the doorknob, I swoosh towards the doorway. Bonk!

Urgh. Apparently, doors are still within my grasp. I try the doorknob. Swoosh.

Or not. Why, why am I so useless...? I'll be stuck in this box forever. At least I think I shan't inconvenience anybody in here, but, failure that I am, I've probably gotten myself stuck in somebody's pantry and they'll have to call an unlucky bunch of unoriginal supernatural exterminators with a catchy theme song to capture me with a glorified vacuum cleaner. Oh, well, I suppose all I can do is rest and enjoy the rest of my seemingly interminable life.

As I lean my vaguely proportioned head on the door, I suddenly fall flat on my face. Typical. I resign myself to my fate, and manage to screw up eternal purgatory as well. Might as well have a look around, I think, raising my head to look around...
    Last edited by P53UDONYM; 2016-10-30 at 06:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Surreal dreamland IC

Sir Corgington Goodboy Esquire the First

"What is this?" The incredibly handsome hound questions, looking at his reflections. "I've been surrounded by other dashing devils!" He barks. "Have at the!" Sir Corgington Goodboy Esquire the First charges the nearest mirror. "Tally ho!"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Is the mirror more than 1.3 inches thick?!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I don't waste time wondering where I am. I can't stay here, there are people out there who don't know that they're wrong about things!
    It may be difficult, and, worse, undignified, but it must be done! I attempt to open the door with my mouth.
    Spoiler: Sig
    Show
    An Atlas of Impossible Worlds

I am kinda bad for typos, sorry.
    I mean, I forgot to capitalise my username. So yeah... pretty bad.

Genuine apologies to those people in pbp games I have been distracted from by real life issues.

Spoiler: Quotes collected in a futile attempt to fill the gnawing emptiness inside me:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    You have no idea how hard this made me laugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alandra View Post
    Your character is really cool, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Also basically everything azaph said so far.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Alan woke with a start. Well, 'woke' into Dreams. Opium was some truly magical stuff. Of course, sometimes the results were less pleasant he mused as he saw an infinite number of his haggard and strained reflections staring back at him.

Well bugger. I was hoping for the brothel again.

One thing always followed the next. Dreams were infinitely maleable. It just took a flexible mind and a little will. And mirrors were good links to just about anything...

Mirrorglass to glass, he thought as he blearily ran his fingers over the nearest wall, eyes closed. It helped to close his eyes he found. It was so much easier to convince yourself (and your dream) of something new if you weren't looking right at it. Now feel was an anchor. Mirrors and windows felt the same, as such, when he opened his eyes...

Well?

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting to transmute the nearest mirror to glass so I can see through it. I will then repeat as needed.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Hello? Is anybody here?" Eliza looks around the room. Wasn't she somewhere else just moments ago? This might be one of the stranger things that have happened to her, even in wonderland.
    She takes a moment to look around the room and raps against one of the mirrors. "Hello?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Dodici looked around with some confusion. How exactly he had came to be in this room filled with mirrors? He couldn't remember. It must, Dodici decided, be a case of amnesia, but was it retrograde amnesia or anterograde amnesia? Hmm... how to tell...

Aha! What if Dodici made a smudge mark on one of the mirrors, turned around, waited a minute, then turned back? If he then found he couldn't remember who made the mark, then he would have to have anterograde amnesia. No, wait, if that was the case, he wouldn't remember the purpose of his smudge scheme in the first place, so the plan wouldn't work. But then Dodici realized that the fact that he could remember coming up with the plan meant that he didn't have anterograde amnesia after all!

So, he was just dealing with a little memory loss. All those words in his brain must have been crammed in so tightly that eventually, something gave way and memories shot out of his mind like an uncoiling spring. Now that that was settled, where was he? Well, given all the mirrors, Dodici had to be in some sort of fitting room for trying on new clothes, perhaps at a fashionable tailor's shop. Dodici looked over all his garments, then studied the outfits of his infinitely reflected forms to examine them from every angle imaginable. Oddly, all of them looked quite familiar.

But wait! If Dodici had one mental affliction - amnesia - was it so improbable that he had others? Maybe he was dealing with some form of deja-vu that caused him to think strange clothes were familiar instead of strange situations. Yes, that was clearly what was going on here. And since it was an entirely new sort of phenomenon, that meant it would get a new name that Dodici could add to the dictionary! What to call it, what to - of course! Deja-shoe!

Grinning at his good fortune, Dodici reached for the door handle, eager to get back to his study and write down the new word.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Callas

You look around and see nothing but mirrors. You can't shake the feeling you are not alone and now you feel as if someone is watching you.

Sir Corgington Goodboy

As you charge to the wall you hit your head with full strength and die you notice the wall wasn't made of solid glass but rather a strange liquid.

Now you find yourself lost in a weird sea that smells like sadness and taste like butter.

You are not alone a handsome gentleman is with you.

The sun is setting, the sky is blue and you must choose if you are going to swim to the west or east, since everybody knows a gentleman would never swim north or south that would be rude.

What do you do?

Spoiler
    Show

Professor Hermes

You succeed in you task, the doorknob tasted like lemons.

You find yourself in a room full of staircases. All the stairs lead to a trap door in the ceilling. Under the stairs is a infinite abyss of mirrors and windows. Some rats using climbing equipment and whips are cleaning the windows.

There is a thick grey fog around the area. It smells like vanilla.

You are not alone a blond haired human with brightly colored, Renaissance-era clothes is with you.

What do you do?

Spoiler
    Show

Alan Lidel

As you try to transmute you notice the material is not glass but rather some sort of unstable space bending material. It has teleported you to a a huge lake made of salty water, it tastes like butter and smell like sadness.

There is a dog with you.

The sun is setting, the sky is blue and you must choose if you are going to swim to the west or east, since you feel the south would take to the border of the world and north to the frigid waters where a giant is crying.

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show

Elizabeth Reading

Nobody answers but now you feel as if you called the attention of someone.. Or something.

The mirror feels wet and gelatinous as if you could pass through it.

Dodici

As you go through the door you notice a giant tortoise wearing the cap and gown.

You find yourself in a room full of staircases. All the stairs lead to a trap door in the ceilling. Under the stairs is a infinite abyss of mirrors and windows. Some rats using climbing equipment and whips are cleaning the windows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Perch; 2016-11-04 at 11:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Doors are my nemesis. (What's this feeling...?) Let's try going through the mirrors, then. (Like I'm...being watched?)

I charge (... doesn't matter) at the mirrored wall to the left of the door, knowing full well that if I don't get through, (... I'm dead either way...) I'm going to break my ethereal nose.
    Last edited by P53UDONYM; 2016-11-01 at 06:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

This didn't look like a tailor's shop! This didn't look like a tailor's shop at all! Dodici reluctantly discarded his earlier theory as to where he was, but decided to write down 'deja-shoe' in the dictionary anyways, since, after all, it did seem like something which could occur.

Then the abcedist noted the scholarly-attired tortoise next to him. Aha! Surely this fellow would know exactly where they were! Indeed, a tortoise would have had exceptional difficulty getting down all these stairs, so he wouldn't be where he was unless he had an exceptionally good reason.

"Hello there, good sir!" said Dodici, taking a gamble at the tortoise's gender. "Would you happen to know where we are, and perhaps also where the nearest source of writing supplies is?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Callas

You are teleported .

You are floating above a crossroad, the path to the north takes to a victorian looking house.

There is a giant snail with three arms, one holding a halberd, the other a pen and the last one paper scrolls going to the house.

The path to west go to a checkpoint in the mountais.

The path to south goes to a village.

You can't see where the path to east go, it seems to be a grass field.
    Last edited by Perch; 2016-11-01 at 10:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

A shiver runs down Elizas spine. Something is not right here. Has she just heard something? Is this just her imagination?

Then she notices how the mirror feels. It is made out of ... jelly? How does this work? This new puzzle all but wipes every other thought from her mind. Her fear lingers a moment, but looses against her curiosity.
    She prods the mirror, first gently, then stronger, until her finger goes through the material. Eliza pushes her hand through the mirror and tries to rip a chunk out of it, so she can have a closer look at the material.

13. - Top - End - #13

"What ho?" He gurgles and begins to paddle. "With me, young lad!" He shouts to the gentleman as he begins to paddle west.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. It was to be that sort of dream then. Well, it still beat the bitter world used car sales.

Alan lay back in the water, sun falling on his face. Drifting, that was the ticket. It had been a while since he last swam, or floated, but the sensation was the same. He closed his eyes, remembering, focusing on the feeling.

As he opened them again, he was now drifting at speed like a human raft after the talking dog, catching up to his side.

'To where?' Alan asked.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elizabeth Reading

As you pull a chunk out of the looking glass it stretches and stretches until a part of it rips off and turns intro water.

From the hole in the mirror cracks start to take over the entire room and soon the entire place breaks apart.

You start falling in a infinite abyss made of black windows in a white void until you arrive in a black section of it, it is made of black marble and has white windows. Now you are floating as if there was an invisible floor underneath you.

There is a giant rat in front of you. He is cleaning one of the windows.

What do you do?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Sir Corgington Goodboy Esquire the First And Alan Lidel

As you two start talking a red door pass by floating in the salty water. It is a big enough so there is room for two people, despite the fact that tragic lovers from shipwrecks scenarios tend to disagree with that.

The door is also floating west in a very high speed.

What do you do?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Perch; 2016-11-04 at 12:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

"We are sailing!" The hound bellows as he grabs the gentleman and hoists him onto the door, before climbing aboard himself. "Sailing to the west!"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Eliza screams in shock when the room falls apart. The abyss looks like she might be falling for all eternity and Eliza is very relieved when she starts floating.
    For the moment, she is not in the mood for more experiments. Instead she tries to move in the direction of the rat and begins talking to it.
    "Hello! Who are you? I am Elizabeth Reading, but you can call me Eliza, if you want to. Can you tell me where we are? I seem to have lost my way. Is this a building? Does the abyss stretch on for all eternity? Is there a way outside? Except for the windows, I mean."
    Eliza moves to one of the windows, if she can, and looks outside. Then she continues to talk.
    "You must have a lot of work with so many windows. Do you live here all alone or are there other people in this building?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elizabeth Reading

The rat seems overwhelmed with so many questions.

"How did you get here girl?"

"This is the box of mirrors in the house of the Duke of clocks."

"I just work here. This are the windows to the windows around the whole world."

You see a a vast field in a farm and after a flash you see the interior of a castle, everything is white the walls, the ceiling and the furniture, after another flash you see the interior of a cathedral. It seems the windows act as portals to windows alla round the dreamland.

"The work never ends and the Duke barely pay us enough to eat." The rat seems really melancholic for a moment.

"I don't live here, me and my brothers used to work here for the Knight of mirrors, but he sold his house to the duke and that horrible man decided to put all the mirror and windows of the house inside this box."

The rat snaps back to reality and begin to question Elizabeth.

"That still don't explain how you got here. People only randomly appear inside the mirror sections of the box not in the windows section. How did you get here? Are you a thief?"

The rat panics and starts screaming.

"THIEF! THIEF! THIEF! SOMEONE HELP ME! THERE IS A THIEF IS HERE!"
    Last edited by Perch; 2016-11-04 at 07:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Calm down, please, calm down! I am no thief, I haven't done anything. I just appeared in a room full of mirrors, but when I poked one of the mirrors a bit, it shattered and the whole room with it. So I fell on this - floor or whatever we are standing on."
    Eliza makes a wide gesture with her arms and tries to look harmless.
    "Just think about it! If I was a thief, I would have never talked to you! I would be skulking around in the shadows, not walking openly. And I would be where the treasures are, not in a room full of windows and nothingness."
    Last edited by Alandra; 2016-11-04 at 07:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elizabeth Reading

"...oh."

The rat seems calm now.

"You..broke one of the mirror boxes?... That will end in tears I'm sure."

"The Duke told us to treat all the people randomly teleported here as guests. But he didn't said anything about guests breaking his stuff... I'm not sure who will take the blame for that... But any way you better move, there is tea at the living room. Just go up the staris."

The rat take you to a door that you couldn't see from your angle since it is absurtly thin.

Professor Hermes, Dodici and Elizabeth Reading

As you go throughthe you end up in another room.

You are not alone, there is a giant tortoise wearing a cap and gown and a blond haired human with brightly colored, Renaissance-era clothes is with you.

The human is talking to the tortoise.

"Hello there, good sir!" said Dodici, taking a gamble at the tortoise's gender. "Would you happen to know where we are, and perhaps also where the nearest source of writing supplies is?"

They don't seem to notice your presence.

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    azaph haven't logged in a while, so we may have to autopilot Prof. Hermes for now.
    Last edited by Perch; 2016-11-05 at 06:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

After everything else that has happened, Eliza is relieved to see a human being, even if he wears strange clothes. And in comparison, the giant tortoise seems positively normal, too.
    "Hello!", she says, "Have you also appeared in a room full of mirrors? I've been told that we are in the house of the Duke of clocks. I am Elizabeth Reading, by the way, but everyone calls me Eliza." Always eager for information, she adds: "If you want to know more about this place, we could ask one of the rats, that are working here. They seem to know quite a lot. Oh, and before I forget, they told me that there is a living room up the stairs, where we can get tea, if we want to."
    Last edited by Alandra; 2016-11-06 at 05:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Dodici turned to greet the rather peculiarly dressed newcomer. Although her clothes were dreadfully unstylish - especially so for visiting a duke - he appreciated the information she brought.

"Hello, madam Eliza! I'm Dodici, at your service! Assuming that service involves hanging from things right-side up or defining words, because those are the only tasks I'm really good at. I did indeed find myself in a room filled with mirrors recently - just a few moments ago, in fact!"

The well-attired dictionary editor looked downwards at all the mirrors and windows lining the yawning abyss beneath.

"Actually, I think I still am in a room filled with mirrors! Fancy that! So, this is the Duke of Clock's house, is it? I don't recall receiving an invitation from the Duke, although I do have amnesia - retrograde, not anterograde, mind you - so that's not too odd. Let me see if I'm still carrying it..."

After a quick search of Dodici's belongings turned up no invitation, he began to get a bit worried.

"Oh, dear. I'm afraid I've lost it. And if you had to be told that this is the Duke's house, I suppose you don't have one either. Oh my - it's very rude to just show up in someone's house without an invitation - people have been sentenced to hang for lesser crimes! What am I to do now? Ah - I know! Maybe my invitation just got lost down that pit! I'll ask one of those rats."

Dodici skipped down the stairs, then flipped upside down to hang off the last step of one of them by one foot. Having put himself as close to the rats as possible, he then called out to the nearest one.

"Hello down there! Would you have happened to notice an invitation from the Duke dropping past you recently? And if not, would you mind loaning me your invitation for a bit?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Alan stared at the door. He knew how this worked by now. He would open to door to someplace terrible. Or worse. Someplace sickeningly cute. He cupped his hands to the sea and concentrated until he was holding whiskey. It wouldn;t work, you couldn't concentrate on drunkenness, that was the whole point. But the bitter turpentine smell made him feel better.

'What's west?'

24. - Top - End - #24

"I haven't the foggiest! But you can bet it will be much better than whatever is east." He barks, taking 'point' of their new vessel. "If you are to be my first mate, I'll need your name!"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Alan shrugs. Why not? He hadn't gone sailing in a while. He held out a hand to shake paws with the little corgi. 'Alan. Alan Lidel. If we go south we can see the end of the world. I've never seen that before.'

26. - Top - End - #26

Sir Corgington Goodboy Esquire the First shakes Alan's human paw. "South? What an excellent idea, first mate Alan!" Sir Corgington Goodboy Esquire the First attempts to open the door they are sailing on.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Eliza is confused. "An invitation? But why would you need one? Did you want to come here? Do you think that the Duke did something, so we would come here?" She thinks a moment. "Well, the rat did say that we are all guests of the Duke, so maybe this is deliberate? But the rat also said that people just appear randomly. On the other hand, that does not need to be true from the perspective of the Duke. And why do people appear at all?" By now, she is mainly talking to herself.

Eliza is very impressed, when Dodici just flips around the staircase, as if there was no such thing as gravity.
    She briefly considers using her own talents to talk to the rats, but decides against it. With her luck today, whatever she summons would just disappear at the worst possible moment and she really does not want to fall in the abyss again.

Instead, she decides to summon a book about the Duke of clocks. That ability might be even more unreliable than her other one, but at least it can't hurt to try.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Professor Hermes, Dodici and Elizabeth Reading

As Dodici ask the question the rat got suprised, lost his balance and end up falling in the abyss of windows bellow.

A friend of his start complaning.

"The box is no place for guests, go away, be gone, just go up and leave the box"

The book Eliza summons is called "Noble houses and royalty from the Pale realm of the dreamlands", but when you open it is nothing but blank pages, depsite that you can't shake the feeling there is something written on it.

As you open the door you both fall through it.

The door closes and locks.

You are now in the endless corridor full of doors of all colors and sizes. It is very dark. It smells like oranges. There is a giant frog sleeping holding a golden key.

What do you do?

29. - Top - End - #29

Sir Corgington Goodboy Esquire the First barks loudly. "Awake amphibious key keeper! Direct us out of this place!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

The giant frog open his eyes. He look at the dog and says,

"What are you and your pet doing here? Don't you know the doors must stay lock at all times?"

"By the royal Decree of the court of hearths number 101/616, all the doors in the nexus must remain closed and locked. No being in the wonderland may travel through them.
    "

The big frog seems to bery angry, he swallows the key after spiting a paper scroll.

"So, basically you two just committed a crime, how do you plead?"

Says the frog in a imperious and rude tone of voice.