New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 2016 Holiday Ornaments (and 2017 Monster Calendar) are on sale now!

Small error: the back page of the 2014 calendar pdf is actually the page of the 2015 calendar.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Huh, I don't think I ever realized that there were runes in the April 2016 calendar.

*checks thread*

Never came up. As I check the physical calendar, I can see them now, but they were way too tiny to make out. Looks to be that same font Rich has used before.

Now that we can blow it up, anyone want to take a crack at decoding it?
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey guys, could we keep the spoilers down, please?
    There are people who don't want to know what's on the picture of a given month before the month has come.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    Do CafePress promo codes not apply to OotS merchandise?
    Frustratingly, no.

CafePress only allows its promo codes to work in the "Marketplace" on the CafePress main website, and I would need to opt in to having my stuff displayed there. The problem is, I would have to agree to give up control of how the artwork is applied to items—meaning they could slap it on items for which a given piece of art isn't properly sized or colored. And they set all the commission rates for stuff in the Marketplace, paying content creators between $0.50 and $1.00 per item sold. It's a terrible deal that basically uses people's artwork as cheap content fodder for their own benefit, which is why OOTS stuff isn't in the Marketplace in the first place. But it does mean that their promo codes won't work on my stuff. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    Hey guys, could we keep the spoilers down, please?
    There are people who don't want to know what's on the picture of a given month before the month has come.
    Yeah, let's put discussion of the calendar's content into spoiler tags, please. I'll go back and spoil-tag a few posts now, too.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Thank you so much for putting the PDF on sale, Giant. I got overconfident because previous years always had extra calendars and when I went to order mine (later than usual), they were out of stock. I bought the whole bundle even though I already have the first 3, and I'll see if I can get this one printed somehow. Thanks so much for all your effort, even including a notice so that we can print our own calendar :)
    Turns out my husband predicted that I would drop the ball and ordered the calendar for me on time! It arrived today, and I couldn't be happier. I'm still very grateful to you, Giant, and still very glad I got the PDF bundle, but I was wrong about not getting the (officially printed) calendar this year.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Huh, I don't think I ever realized that there were runes in the April 2016 calendar.

*checks thread*

Never came up. As I check the physical calendar, I can see them now, but they were way too tiny to make out. Looks to be that same font Rich has used before.

Now that we can blow it up, anyone want to take a crack at decoding it?
    Deciphered it back then:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    With the help of the solved cryptogram in OOTS #1020 (Scroll Left), I have solved the cryptogram on the April 2016 calendar page.
    For the sake of convenience, here's the solution again, heavily protected by spoiler tags:
    Spoiler: April 2016 calendar cryptogram solution
    Show
    The Monster in the Darkness is
    Spoiler: continued
    Show
    not
    Show
    a toaster. He is
    Show
    also not
    Show
    a very large
    Spoiler: final cryptogram spoiler
    Show
    heirloom tomato.
    Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show
    But he could be a colossal heirloom tomato!
    Last edited by Dr. Gamera; 2016-12-19 at 07:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Still no tracking number, but it doesn't matter much anymore since it just came in!

Question for the Giant concerning May...

Spoiler: Just in case
    Show
    Was the diacritic in "Scoundrél" left out intentionally?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

Ack, after shelling out the money for international shipping, now there's a dirt cheap pdf version?

Oh well, does not matter, I guess I'd have bought the paper calendar anyway. After all, I bought all 4 pdf calendars, even though I have them all on paper as well. Download is complete, yay, I'll check it out immediately.

9. - Top - End - #99

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Frustratingly, no.

CafePress only allows its promo codes to work in the "Marketplace" on the CafePress main website, and I would need to opt in to having my stuff displayed there. The problem is, I would have to agree to give up control of how the artwork is applied to items—meaning they could slap it on items for which a given piece of art isn't properly sized or colored. And they set all the commission rates for stuff in the Marketplace, paying content creators between $0.50 and $1.00 per item sold. It's a terrible deal that basically uses people's artwork as cheap content fodder for their own benefit, which is why OOTS stuff isn't in the Marketplace in the first place. But it does mean that their promo codes won't work on my stuff. Sorry about that.
    Appreciate the info, thank you.
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Spoiler: Monster Identification
    Show
    In the background, you have a blink dog, a satyr, a lillend and a centaur.

At the table, you have Julio, some elf, a titaness, a pixie and what looks like a red slaad.

I'm still trying to find and ID everything in September. I'm up to ten monsters.
    Thanks!

Spoiler: Response about a different month
    Show
    Wow, ten in September?! Way ahead of me. I'd be interested in those identifications as well.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    Thanks!

Spoiler: Response about a different month
    Show
    Wow, ten in September?! Way ahead of me. I'd be interested in those identifications as well.
    Spoiler: Clearly, September is Best Month
    Show
    The only ones I could instantly identify were the mimic and darkmantle (well, and invisible stalker, but had to have that pointed out to me by the text)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Show
    The only ones I could instantly identify were the mimic and darkmantle (well, and invisible stalker, but had to have that pointed out to me by the text)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a Bag of Devouring as well, as identified by the text

As well as a bonus monster in the calendar month itself!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2016-12-20 at 02:23 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Show
    Spoiler: Answer
    Show

There's also a goldbug, a cloaker, a lurker above and what I think is a corpse candle. The thing in the calendar portion would be the aforementioned invisible stalker.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't forget:

Spoiler
    Show

The Trapper (monster pretending to be the floor).

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

All right! Just got mine in the mail yesterday! It's now hanging in my cube at work.

Great calendar!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    Small error: the back page of the 2014 calendar pdf is actually the page of the 2015 calendar.
    I noticed this as well. Fortunately, this doesn't really cause any problems.

Also, thank you, Giant, for making these available in pdf.
    Last edited by GreyTraveller; 2016-12-21 at 10:08 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107

PirateWench

Was there a battle ornament in 2012?
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreyTraveller View Post
    I noticed this as well. Fortunately, this doesn't really cause any problems.
    Are you sure about that? The current 2014 calendar pdf has a wrong copyright statement, since that's on the back cover, and that could be a problem. Anyway, I'd like to see the contents of the text box of the actual 2014 calendar's back cover.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

As well as a bonus monster in the calendar month itself!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The real monsters...ARE HUMANS!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

just got my calendar and... it's awesome!!
    I think my favorite months are February (CPPD) and September (Haley)
    My new tumblr on all things meta:

http://meta-net.tumblr.com/

Yes, Tarquin is there as the ultimate meta-villain.
    Open to suggestions or submissions

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The main theme of the comic is, "I'm glad I have a job where I can work in my pajamas."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Did anyone who ordered this year's battle ornament think it was kind of off?

No fault of Giant - the artwork on the CafePress site looks great - it's why I ordered it. It's just that the entire print on the finished product looks pretty muddy, "There must" got cut off by the hole, and the year is nearly invisible.

I have had some issues with non-OOTS CafePress ornaments in the past, but before I go jumping through the hoops of returning, explaining why the gift isn't here, etc. I wanted to see if it was a one-time bad print, or if all prints of this ornament came out like that and an exchange would be a waste of time.

There is a pic below of the ornament with the CafePress envelope so you can see the muddiness isn't just a crappy picture.

Spoiler: Photo of ornament
    Show

EDIT: So it doesn't like my Drive link, and I can't post a Photobucket link until I get up to 10 posts. So if you're interested, open that spoiler link in a new tab and that should give you the picture.
    Last edited by Spunk115; 2016-12-27 at 03:43 PM. Reason: link sorcery

22. - Top - End - #112
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk115 View Post
    Did anyone who ordered this year's battle ornament think it was kind of off?

No fault of Giant - the artwork on the CafePress site looks great - it's why I ordered it. It's just that the entire print on the finished product looks pretty muddy, "There must" got cut off by the hole, and the year is nearly invisible.

I have had some issues with non-OOTS CafePress ornaments in the past, but before I go jumping through the hoops of returning, explaining why the gift isn't here, etc. I wanted to see if it was a one-time bad print, or if all prints of this ornament came out like that and an exchange would be a waste of time.

There is a pic below of the ornament with the CafePress envelope so you can see the muddiness isn't just a crappy picture.

Spoiler: Photo of ornament
    Show

EDIT: So it doesn't like my Drive link, and I can't post a Photobucket link until I get up to 10 posts. So if you're interested, open that spoiler link in a new tab and that should give you the picture.
    I don't have an issue with the clarity of the print, but my Belkar oval ornament also had the ribbon/hook hole punched through the text, rather than above as in the sample image (do note that I consider this an insignificant flaw, but if Rich is so inclined, prodding CafePress about quality control).

(Funnily enough, my Monster-in-the-Dark and O-Chul round ornament from a few years back has a printing error where it seems to have not printed one of the colors. That color, you ask? Blue. I should buy a replacement/duplicate tonight in the hopes of getting a correct print.)

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    (Funnily enough, my Monster-in-the-Dark and O-Chul round ornament from a few years back has a printing error where it seems to have not printed one of the colors. That color, you ask? Blue. I should buy a replacement/duplicate tonight in the hopes of getting a correct print.)
    It's a rare collector's edition!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk115 View Post
    Try this one:

Spoiler
    Show

You were linking to the page that contained the image, not the image itself.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Try this one:

Spoiler
    Show

That one doesn't work for me either.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

26. - Top - End - #116

Likewise for me.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Try this one:

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like Google is making a random link each time we try to access that image, which means it might not show up for everyone as time passes.

Just click on this link to see it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1T...pPZFRBblk/view

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh. Well that's weird.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Just click on this link to see it:
    Much appreciated...and I can't quote the link. Ha!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Ugh, that is awful. They have a clear template that shows where the hole is, and I follow it the same every year. And suddenly, the hole is somewhere else. CafePress continues to do themselves no favors in the Should I Take My Business Elsewhere department.

Prodding them about quality control is a wasted effort; you get some vague customer service boilerplates and that's it.

I would not take it personally if you need to return it, that's not really an acceptable product. Sorry about that.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~