Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default House of Glass (Dark Heresy OOC)

House of Glass - OOC
    All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Welcome to Game 4 of my ongoing Dark Heresy campaign, featuring the adventures of Acolyte Cell Sigma. This is one I've wanted to do for quite some time, so I hope I can do the concept proper justice.

IC Thread

Activity:
    • Expected rate of posting is at least once per day.
    • If you don’t post in 48 hours, I will autopilot your character.
    • If you don’t post in a week, I reserve the right to kill off your character.

Going on hiatus with prior warning is absolutely fine: the above rules apply to unexpected disappearances. Drop me a notification before you’re going away/losing your internet access/what have you, and I’ll happily play your character as an NPC until you can return.

Rolls:
    • Make all rolls using the forum dice roller, either in a spoiler-box in the relevant IC post, or in a separate post in this thread.
    • Some rolls (mainly ones at which you should not know whether you have succeeded or failed, and Perils of the Warp/Psychic Phenomena) I will make in secret.
    • As a time-saving device, I will roll all initiatives at the start of an encounter, allowing you to get straight to your actions rather than waiting about for each other.

Combat:
    When in combat, do not wait to post in sequence of initiative: post whenever you are free to post. If your actions depend on someone ahead of you in the initiative order, you can leave conditional instructions OOC. I will conduct my rolling for each combat round in this thread, and post an IC summary that signifies the end of the current round & the start of the next.

Specific Combat Rulings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Attacks
    All-out Attacks and Guarded Attacks can be made in conjunction with a Swift Attack or Lightning Attack, each remaining a Full Action and allowing the attacker to use their full number of attacks. The +20% from an AOA only applies to the first attack made; the -10% from a Guarded Attack applies to both attacks.

Spoilers
    A spoiler titled 'X Only' is intended only for the eyes of the player playing the character X. Please don't read 'em if they're not intended for you - you could spoil some surprises.

Please put your character sheet in your first post in this thread – either formatted into the post itself, or via a link. It helps me to find them if they’re all in one place.

Things you know and evidence against Remus Arcturos: a finely crafted link.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-01-14 at 07:56 AM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: House of Glass (Dark Heresy OOC)

Annie Lee

Finest Gun in Metallicus

I could take your eye out with a scrap-bow from a hundred meters. Do I need to prove that before I get some ****ing respect?

WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
    35 53 32 27 43 33 26 35 53

Wounds: 14
    Fate: 2/2

Insanity: 1
    Corruption: 0
    Divination: Thought Begets Heresy, Heresy Begets Retribution

Traits: Packing Iron, Way Of The Gun, Caves Of Steel, Hivebound, Wary, Knave Of Pistols

Skills: Speak Language (Gunmetallicus Dialect, Low Gothic), Blather, Charm, Deceive+10, Awareness, Common Lore (Imperium), Dodge+10, Sleight Of Hand, Security, Concealment, Gamble, Silent Move

Talents: Ambidextrous, Crack Shot, Deadeye Shot, Gunslinger, Hard Target, Hip Shooting, Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Mighty Shot, Peer (Underworld), Pistol Weapon Training (SP), Quick Draw, Rapid Reaction, Rapid Reload, Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic),

Gear
    Spoiler
    Show
    26 thrones (sold Shotgun, sold Quilted Vest)

Autopistol + 2 clips
    Flak Coat
    Club
    Knife

Stub Revolver +12 Manstoppers
    Phobos Stubber +4 clips

Mauler Bolt Pistol (1d10+5 damage, pen 4, clip 6, Reliable) 375
    Red-Dot Sight 50
    4 Clips Ammo 384
    Xenos Mesh 375
    Salvation pistol 80
    246 Thrones

Pistols
    Spoiler
    Show
    Phobos Stubber
    A cheap, rattling stub automatic, Annie's stubber is dull gunmetal, the grip wrapped around with a heavy layer of insulating tape for a better grasp. Annie bought it from an infernis pistol-seller not long before being hired for the inquisiton. Firing small-calibre caseless rounds, Annie found that the Phobos's vents were poorly drilled, causing it to pull left. An hour in the workshop later, and Annie had re-drilled the vents, adding a notable hiss to the Phobos' normal rattle.

Twycross Musketeer Heavy Revolver
    Annie's revolver- her weapon of choice- is a massive, expensive pistol, firing rounds nearly the size of her thumb. Known amongst gunslingers as a "punch-gun", for the concussive effects of it's rounds, the Musketeer is perfectly designed for use with titanium-tipped rounds Extensively modified with a custom-tooled bone grip, finely-tweaked ironsights, and brass filligree along the barrel, a change that cost her several jobs worth of wages. At heart, though, it's the cheap, bulky punch-gun that Annie borrowed from her sister and then never returned.

A99 Sub-Machine Gun (Autopistol)

Mauler Bolt Pistol
    Annie's first purchase with her newfound wealth, the massive bolt pistol was originally custom-tooled for a minor Scintillan noble. Annie has since replaced the gold-leaf detailing with clumsily tooled patterns of her own design, and spent considerable time and effort training with the massive gun.

Salvation Pistol

XP Expenditure
    Spoiler
    Show

Rank 1 0-500 (*Metallican Gunslinger)
    Dodge 100
    Crack Shot 100
    Mighty Shot 200
    Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) 100

Rank 2 500-1000
    BS+5
    Ag+5
    Fel+5
    Quick Draw
    Rapid Reaction*

Rank 3 1000-2000
    Sleight Of Hand
    Security
    Decieve+10
    Concealment

Sound Constitution
    Gamble
    Deadeye Shot*
    Rapid Reload*

Rank 4 2000-3000
    Sound Constitution
    Dodge +10
    Hard Target
    Silent Move
    BS+10

Rank 5 3000-3800/3850
    Gunslinger*
    Peer (Underworld)
    Hip Shooting*
    Pistol Training (Bolt) (note: taken from "Rogue" rank for 100xp, not "Metallican Gunslinger" for 200xp)
    Sharpshooter
    +10 Fellowship

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Annie Lee was the finest shooter for miles around. Everyone knew that. Everyone was a crack shot in Metallicus, and the city hardly held contests, but everybody knew that when you were getting into a scrap, the woman you wanted on your side was Annie. Not really a part of any major gangs, Annie would arrive in town when needed, leave when paid, and move from place to place putting rounds in heads. She wasn't an assassin, just... unaligned.

And then she took a contract she shouldn't have. A new group, in black robes, with shadows that didn't fit them right. They paid well, and they wanted a woman killed. A woman impervious to bullets, and accompanied by warriors who could strike her down with a look.

When she recovered, she found that the inquisition paid far better than anyone else. That they were willing to purchase the use of someone of her skills, and willing to forgive the round that would have ended her new master's life.

Questions
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How did you meet your inquisitor?"

Annie laughed, and spun her revolver around her finger. "End of a barrel, i met'er. Was hired to kill'er by some real nasty folks- I don't ask questions, a job's a job, savvy, but these were real nasty. Cultists, I found out later. Lucky, really. She were nice enough to understand it weren't nuthin personal, and offered me a job. Once the gut-shot 'ealed."

She stood, and briefly pulled her shirt up to reveal a heavily scarred midriff. "First scar for 'is majesty. Aint the last, neither." She sat again, and took another swig of her drink. "Means I can't 'ave many of these, neither."

"What does the inquisition mean to you?"

"Another client. Another person givin' me jobs an' payin' me well." She looked briefly pensive, before shrugging it of. "In the end, though, it's wierd. Once the inquisition was scary shapes in the darkness and bogeys that'd eat yer eyes if you didnt say yer prayers. Now... they're another job, right?"

She looked around, sharply. "Not that i'd be takin' jobs from the other side, though. I got morals, like."

What Will You Sacrifice?

A sharp bark of laughter. "I ain't sacrificin' nuthin'. I work cos i'm paid, I shoot who they want me to cos i'm paid. It's a good job. And don't get me wrong, I like the 'perium. I've seen the other side and I don't want none of it. But there ain't much I'd die for, and this amount ain't it."

"What do you desire?"

"'nuther of these, cheers." She tapped the empty glass on the table.

"Oh, like, in general? Dunno. Enough to get me through the day, an' through the next day, an' so on until I get another job. An' if I get to throw everythin into a little nest egg for when I retire, so much the better. An' another of these."

"What do you hate?"

"Scabs. Scavvies. Ponces, bastards who don't pay, twists. Spooks- just another kinda twist ain't they? Stupid mother****ers. An' whoever's shootin back."
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2016-11-04 at 07:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mouse"
    Career: Adept(Saboteur)
    Spoiler
    Show

WS:(15+6) 21
    BS:(20+16+5)41
    S: (20+19)39
    T: (20+12)32
    Agi:(20+10)30
    Int: (25+19+3+3+10)60
    Per:(20+17+5)42
    Wp:(20+19+5)44
    Fel:(20+9)29
    Wounds: 10/10
    Fate: 2/2
    Divination: Truth is Subjective (+3 Int, 3 Corruption)
    Corruption: 10
    Insanity: 6
    Handedness: Left

Spoiler: Skills
    Show

Awareness(Per) +20
    Common Lore(Administratum)(Int)
    Common Lore(Imperium)(Int)
    Common Lore(Machine Cult)(Int)
    Common Lore(Tech)(Int)
    Demolitions(Int)
    Dodge(Agi)
    Inquiry(Fel)
    Literacy(Int)
    Logic(Int)
    Scholastic Lore(Bureaucracy)(Int)
    Scholastic Lore(Legend)(Int)
    Scrutiny(Per)
    Security +20(Agi)
    Speak Language(Low Gothic)(Int)
    Swim(Str)
    Tech-Use(Int)
    Trade(Cartographer)(Int)
    Trade(Copyist)(Int)

Spoiler: Traits
    Show

Fit For Purpose: +3 Intelligence
    Stranger to the Cult: -10 on checks involving knowledge of Imperial Creed. -5 Penalty to Fel Tests to interact with members of the Ecclesiarchy in formal settings.
    Creedo Omnissiah: Begin with Technical Knock Talent

Spoiler: Talents
    Show

Armour of Contempt: Reduce Corruption gain by 1. WP test to avoid effects of Corruption for 1 round.
    Basic Weapon Training(SP): Capable of using Basic SP weapons.
    Electro-Graft Use: +10 to Common Lore, Inquiry, and Tech-Use tests while connected to a data-port.
    Pistol Training(Las): Capable of using Las Pistols.
    Pistol Training(SP): Capable of using SP Pistols.
    Resistance(Cold): +10 to tests made to resist/avoid cold.
    Technical Knock: Unjam any firearm at a touch as a half-action once per round.
    Total Recall: Automatically remember trivial information. Complex stuff may require an intelligence test.
    Unremarkable: Attempts to recall or describe Mouse suffer a -20 penalty.

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show

Armor:
    Serephim Mirror Shield: AP:8(Right arm and 1 body part) Damage:1d5-1 Primitive; Defensive 3kg
    Hardened Body Glove: AP: 3(arms, legs, body) weight: 5kg

Weapons:
    Vanaheim Shotgun: Class: Basic Range 40m RoF: S/3/6 Damage: 1d10+4 I Pen: 0 Clip: 15 Rld: Full Special: Scatter Wgt: 8kg
    Civitas Laspistol: Class: Pistol Range: 25m RoF: S/2/- Damage: 1d10+1 E Pen: 0 Clip: 25 Rld: Full Special: Reliable Wgt: 2kg
    Puritan - 14: Class: Pistol Range: 20/15 RoF: S/3/6 or S/-/- Damage: 1d10+2 I/1d10+4 Pen: 0 Clip: 15/1 Rld: Full/Full Special: -/Scatter Wgt: 1.7kg

Misc. Items
    Administratum Robes(Common Quality)
    Autoquill - +10 to Trade(Copyist)
    Backpack
    Dataslate
    Det Cord and Tape 2kg
    Grenade, Frag x3 1.5kg
    Grenade, Krak x1 .5kg
    Microbead
    Multikey - +30 to Security Tests
    Rebreather 1kg - +30 to Toughness Tests to resist gas. May re-roll failed results.
    Ration Pack x3
    Vox Bug x1
    Tracking Device x1
    Privacy Field x1

Shells - 60
    Bullets - 60
    Charge Packs(Pistol) - 3
    93thrones

Spoiler: Expenditures
    Show

Stub Revolver(Sold) +30
    Chrono(Sold) +30
    Armored Body Glove - 300
    Multikey - 150
    Microbead - 20
    Ration pack x 3 - 30
    Rebreather - 50
    Shells(70) - 3
    Bullets(70) - 3
    3 Charge Packs(Pistol) - 30
    Civitas Laspistol - 40
    Puritan 14 - 100
    1 Inferno Shell - 18
    2 Frag Grenades - 20
    1 Krak Grenade - 50
    2kg Det Cord/Tape - 40
    1kg Promethium - 60

+2,004 Thrones!

Vox Bug - 500
    Tracking Device - 200
    Privacy Field - 1250

Total: 165 Thrones left

Bullets(20) - 1
    Shells(20) - 1
    2 Frag Grenades - 20
    1 Krak Grenade - 50

Thrones Left: 93 Thrones

Spoiler: Experience
    Show

0-499: Archivist
    Pistol Training(Las)(200)
    Simple Intelligence Advancement(100)
    Scholastic Lore(Legend)(Int)(100)
    Simple Wp Advancement(100)

500-999: Scrivener
    Simple Perception Advancement(100)
    Trade(Cartographer)(100)
    Common Lore (Administratum)(100)
    Logic(100)
    Inquiry(100)

1,000-1,999: Saboteur
    Simple BS Advancement(250)
    Intermediate Int Advancement(250)
    Awareness(100)
    Demolitions(100)
    Security(100)
    Security+10(200)

2,000-2,999: Inditor
    Tech-Use(100)
    Basic Weapons Training(SP)(150)
    Scholastic Lore(Bureaucracy)(150)
    Electro Graft Use(250)
    Awareness +10(Elite)(150)
    Awareness +20(100)
    Total Recall(100)

3,000-5,999: Scholar
    Dodge(100)
    Swim(200)
    Security +20(300)
    Scrutiny(100)
    Armour of Contempt(100)

Total: 3,800/3,800

Mouse speaks Gray.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2016-11-01 at 11:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Phaella d'Windermere. Finished, as best as I can determine.

Spoiler: Background
    Show

House d'Windermere isn't one of the great movers and shakers of the Calixis sector - or even of the Malfian sub. They are, however, stronger than maybe they should be, and have proven over the centuries to be a vexingly difficult thorn in the side to get rid of.

Many noble houses sport strong private armies to defend themselves: Highly trained elite troops, assassins, bodyguards, private retinues. And while d'Windermere does have troops at it's disposal, the real defence of the house is it's Legal Branch.

Countless times, when a squabble has arisen with some other house, they have found themselves fighting not only d'Windermere paramilitaries, but also Arbitrators, Magistratum or PDF forces - because some legal genius found a way to implicate the Imperial authorities on the side of the d'Windermeres.

Phaella, for her part, was raised under the strict supervision of the elder d'Windermere's. Recognized early as unusually bright, she was trained by the finest legal minds of the sector, and no effort was spared to place her into influential positions where she could benefit her house.

The culmination of was her appointment as Legate Investigator at the inquest following the debacle at Tranch. Given a large part of the power of a full inquisitor, she precided over the investigation, the law suits and legal procedures - and succeeded in both bringing about some measure of justice, but also in ridding the sector of a number of sworn enemies of House d'Windermere.

Building on her past experience as a court interrogator, litigator and investigator, she has now been assigned to Inquisitor Stone for what she hopes will be her next step on the path to becoming a full inquisitor herself.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's Joss. You know what I grabbed, since you helped me with it.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"My first birthright was wealth, power, influence. My second stripped me of those, but gave me form and function. In rebirth, I became a master-crafted weapon, blessed with a portion of the Emperor’s grace, and let slip the chuggish bonds of flesh and time."

Enoch, The Silver Aeon, Theomancer of the Calixis Scholastica Psykana Divinatio

Name: Enoch (previously Alaric Videlius)
    Homeworld: Noble Born, of Hive Tarsus, Scintilla
    Career: Imperial Psyker / Theomancer (Daemon Hunter, p. 60)
    Rank: 5, Scholar Medicae (Theomancer at rank 4, replacing Scholar Materium)
    Divination: "To war is human." +3 Agility.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once, when his name was Alaric, he had a beautiful singing voice – but as the saying goes, so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned …

The Videlius dynasty of Hive Tarsus were a prominent clan in the moneyed circles of those who facilitated the turgid flow of trade on and off Scintilla. The current patriarch, Mercutio Videlius, was renowned as a shrewd magnate, compassionate to his friends but ruthless towards his enemies. As a Tarsus noble, he was faithful to the extreme, donating a significant proportion of his vast income to the Cathedral of Illumination and other of the Hive’s charities – and not just to buy favour with the Ecclesiarchy, but because truly his heart was filled with joy by the light of the God-Emperor. He cleaved unto two things: the Golden Throne, and his family.

His firstborn son Alaric was the apple of his eye. He loved all six of his children, of course, and his lady wife, but knowing that Alaric would inherit the dynasty elevated his scion to an exalted rank in Mercutio’s esteem. And Alaric was as good a son as he could ask for: a dutiful boy who did his best to meet every challenge his father set him, and learn everything he would require to one day assume the Videlius mantle. In truth, there was nothing particularly exceptional about Alaric – he was not noticeably gifted either physically or mentally – but he took pride in his rank in the nobility, and worked hard to live up to his father’s expectations. And so all was well in the depths of Hive Tarsus during Alaric’s childhood. It was only when he was becoming a man that Fate revealed how it had marked his cards.

The young man started to notice it when he was around sixteen or seventeen years of age – the bad dreams were only the first of it. He seemed to become clumsier, and unlucky. Delicate objects were unsafe in his possession, and in time even his friends started to have accidents around him – at first of the type that made good stories, but then bones were broken and guns were drawn and lives were threatened and Alaric stopped going with his friends to seek adventurous fun in the Hiveskin. But solitude was no guarantee of safety either – shadows seemed longer and more viscous when he was alone in the depths of the family estate. Soon there were whispers around every corner, shadowy figures watching him from just out of sight, and the boy tried to avoid handling knives, or looking in mirrors, or letting a voxcaster play beyond the end of the recorded music …

Subconsciously, part of him knew. But Alaric didn’t want to think about what was really happening, or what it meant for his future. He hid it as best he could from the rest of his family – and to the extent that Mercutio was aware of the changes in his favoured son, he too suppressed the knowledge. Despite his burning faith, the elder Videlius assured himself that Alaric was alright, and that nothing had gone wrong with his best-laid plans …

That simmering pressure in the Warp burst into terrible reality for the nascent young psyker and his family one terrible night when Alaric was 18. He had confined himself to his bedroom for more than a week, claiming illness, but the other members of the household knew that no illness could cause the power failures that plagued the mansion, nor the screams echoing through corridors, nor the terror young Odessa was put through when her bedlinen tried to strangle her. Yet still Mercutio delayed, desperately torn between his love for his son and his duty to the Imperium at large. He waited too long. And on that night, Alaric burst out of his seclusion, floating through the halls of the Videlius mansion as bitter electricity crackled around him, lighting baleful fires and creating a howling storm of Warp energy. Finally Mercutio evacuated the household, braving the terrifying changeable maze the house had become with his trusty bolt pistol to rescue the children and retainers even as Alaric’s rebirth raged around them.

The patriarch was too late to save his eldest daughter. When Mercutio found Severine, she was suspended in mid-air beside Alaric, her body being ravaged by sudden mutations. To the extent that Alaric was conscious, he was morose, wracked with guilt and grief at what he had done, but that did not stop Mercutio from raising his pistol and preparing to end the boy’s life. And then – in another sign that Fate had more plans for Alaric – the Videlius mansion was invaded by agents of the Inquisition and the Adeptus Astra Telepathica. With their arcane skills and tools they subdued the psyker before Mercutio could kill it, and took him away to await transport on their Black Ship. And though Mercutio should have known that this spelled Alaric’s end (and even that the young man was hardly responsible for what had happened), it seemed like the grossest injustice, and he swore that even the Inquisition and the Adeptus would not stop him from exacting his revenge on the thing that had once been his son.

Twelve years have passed since that day. Alaric survived his sanctioning, and more, which was no surprise to those who had tracked him down and marked him as unusually potent. But he, too, could not dissociate himself from the shame of the apocalypse he had unleashed on his family, so he slipped his old identity and forged a new life, as Enoch, no more and no less than a student of the Scholastica Psykana. But Time – hah! – does not heal all wounds. The scars in Enoch’s psyche run deep. He yet remembers the life of privilege that was taken from him, and how he was remunerated for that loss. And though he has become a driven Diviner and Theomancer, and accepted his secondment from the Scholastica into the Inquisition with grace and pride, there is yet a part of him that waits for a reckoning …

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When everything was taken from him, Enoch was paid back in just one denomination of coin: the awakening of his not inconsiderable powers as a psyker. And though the dreadful ecstasy on Terra did much to break the once-proud boy and forge a dutiful Imperial servant, there is a seam of bitterness deep within him that remains impervious. So where once another person took pride in their wealth and nobility, now Enoch is proud of his power. It sets him aside from the blunderous crowd of those not so gifted. He is, of course, aware of the dangers of his calling – but now that it is his nature to manipulate the Empyrean, he could no more shy away from those dangers than a sabre-wolf could deny the thrill of the fight in its blood. And his calling as a Diviner has only made him feel more elevated from the throng. Others are beholden to the chains of time, the bonds of cause and effect, but to Enoch such laws are merely suggestions. Enoch is only a chattel to the strictures of the Scholastica Psykana, and perhaps in time even freedom from those will be within his grasp …

So, to others, he can be elitist, and arrogant, and obsessed with his research into how the twin flows of time and the Warp interact. He cares little for what others think of him, and is not prone to generosity. He is, furthermore, a dirty coward at heart, and it is only the constant pressure of adding more shame to his already burgeoning account thereof that prevents him from turning tail and running, abandoning his allies at the first sign of danger. Still, to those that can tolerate him, he can be a useful asset. When he is convinced to demonstrate his powers in a manner that not only shows off his skill, but also aids some greater purpose, he will happily oblige to take orders and follow a plan. And he regards it as no small honour to have been plucked from the Scholastica into the service of the Inquisition, and will everything in his power to demonstrate his suitability for the task at hand.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A gaunt man of average height, the toll of sanctioning is clear on his sallow face and in his weathered skin, leaving him looking older than his three decades. His remaining copper hair stands naturally straight upwards in a flame-like quiff, as if each strand is striving to escape his bony skull. His sunken eyes are deep dark blue, and seem to shimmer in twilight. A silvery band of metal around his forehead is connected by various wires and tubes to the focusing unit grafted between his scapulae. He is branded with several rings of warding runes in tattoos around his neck (above the visible protrusion of the vox inducer in the hanging folds of his larynx), and chest, and midriff, and circling each wrist and ankle. He wears standard Scholastica robes, taking pride in the uniform but not bothering to make it any more ostentatious than the bare fabric, save perhaps a badge signifying his role as a Theomancer. He still carries, too, his Aquila-topped staff as a symbol of office, but in combat relies more on his monofilament sword or laspistol – that is, if his powers cannot defuse the situation enough to make them unnecessary.

Profile:
    WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
    32 22 36 26 32 37 40 42 36

Insanity Points: 4
    Corruption Points: 0
    Wounds: 10/10
    Fate points: 2/2
    Fatigue: 0

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Skill Characteristic Proficiency Target Roll Notes
    Trained
    Awareness Perception 40
    Carouse Toughness 26
    Deceive Fellowship 36 +10 bonus when dealing with high authority and in formal situations
    Forbidden Lore (Psykers) Intelligence 37
    Forbidden Lore (Warp) Intelligence 37
    Invocation Willpower 42 Has Psy-Focus
    Literacy Intelligence +10 47
    Logic Intelligence 37
    Psyniscience Perception +10 50
    Scholastic Lore (Occult) Intelligence 37
    Speak Language (High Gothic) Intelligence 37
    Speak Language (Low Gothic) Intelligence +10 47
    Trade (Soothsayer) Fellowship +10 46
    Other Notes
    Charm Fellowship 18 +10 bonus when dealing with high authority and in formal situations
    Scrutiny Perception 20 +10 bonus when dealing with high authority and in formal situations

Talents:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name Description
    Etiquette +10 bonus to Charm, Deceive, Scrutiny when dealing with authority/formality
    Emperor’s Tarot Theomancer psychic power
    Foresight Spend 10 minutes in contemplation to earn +10 to next relevant Int test
    Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
    Minor Psychic Power (x10) Account for 10 minor powers
    Peer (Nobility, Mercantile) +10 bonus when interacting with these groups
    Pistol Weapon Training (Las)
    Power Well +1 to all psychic manifestation rolls
    Psy Rating 4 Roll 4d10+WP bonus, accounts for 8 minor and 3 major powers
    Psychic Power (Personal Augury) Major power available to Theomancers
    Vendetta The Videlius family are not fans of Alaric’s continued existence

Trappings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weapons, ammo and armour:

Name Class Range RoF Dam Pen Clip Rld Special Ammo
    Mars Pattern Mark IV Command Laspistol Pistol 70m S/2/- 1d10+3 E 0 13/15 Full Accurate, Reliable, Red Dot Sight 3 charge packs
    Mono Sword Melee - - 1d10 R 2 - - Balanced -
    Staff Melee - - 1d10 I 0 - - Balanced, Primitive, Two-handed -
    Psykana Mercy Blade Melee, Thrown 3m - 1d5 R 0 - - Primitive -

(For the Mark IV Laspistol, note the Inquisitor’s Handbook p. 177 and 251, and p. 15 of the Dark Heresy Official Errata v3.0)

Xeno Mesh (AP 4, Arms, Body, Legs)

Other gear:
    Scholastica robe (Common Quality clothing), deck of cards, Psy-Focus (Emperor's Tarot), sanctioning brand (tattoos around neck, chest, waist, wrists and ankles)

Psychic Powers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name Threshold Focus Time Sustain Range Effect
    Minor
    Chameleon 7 Half Action Yes Self +30 bonus to Concealment, opponents using ranged weapons suffer -20 BS
    Déjà vu 8 Half Action No 30m Target must pass WP test or repeat last action
    Distortion (The Radical's Handbook) 6 Full Action Yes Touch Become totally unrecognisable to others
    Fearful Aura 7 Full Action Yes Self Fear Rating 2, 10 points overbleed increases Fear rating by 1
    Forget Me 6 Half Action No 10m Pass +10 WP test or forget me for 1d10 minutes. Overbleed has various effects.
    Inspiring Aura 6 Full Action Yes Self Allies that can see you gain +20 against fear and pinning, and like you.
    Knack 7 Half Action No Self +10 bonus to one non-combat test until end of next turn.
    Lucky 6 Half Action No Self May re-roll one die until end of next turn
    Mutable Features (The Radical's Handbook) 8 Full Action Yes Self Assume the appearance of an individual whose features you know well. Others take WP test to see through Deception, difficulty increases per +5 Overbleed
    Precognition 6 Half Action Yes Self +10 to Dodge and Parry.
    Sense Presence 7 Half Action Yes 50m Detect all living creatures in range, 5 points overbleed increases range by 10m.
    Spectral Hands 10 Full Action No 30m Apply force (Strength = WP) within range
    Touch of Madness 11 Full Action No 100m Target passes WP test or suffers Mental Trauma. 10 points overbleed affect additional target.
    Trick 5 Half Action Yes Self Gain Gamble at +20
    Truth-Seeker (The Radical's Handbook) 6 Full Action Yes Touch Target must pass Challenging (+0) WP test to utter a falsehood (may remain silent instead), difficulty increases per +5 Overbleed
    Unnatural Aim 8 Half Action No Self Ranged attacks count as being at Point Blank Range (+30) until end of next turn.
    Weapon Jinx 8 Full Action No 50m All electronic devices are jammed for 1 round, can test WP to jam a weapon. Every 5 points of Overbleed increases range by 10m orweapons by 1.
    White Noise 8 Full Action Yes 10m Make detection by psychic or technological means more difficult
    Major
    Emperor’s Tarot (Theomancer power) 12 - - Self Can make a Lore skill test as if it were trained, or reroll it if already trained, once per game session - cf. Daemon Hunter, p. 61.
    Far Sight (Divination) 17 Full Action Yes 1 km per WP bonus Perceive events at faraway places.
    Glimpse (Divination) 18 Half Action No Self +30 to one skill test until end of next turn.
    Personal Augury (Divination) 14 Full Action No Touch Peer into the fate of a single, willing target.
    Psychometry (Divination) 16 Full Action Yes Self Read emotional and psychic residues attached to an object or location.

XP record: 50/3650 (unspent/accumulated)
    Advances taken:
    Spoiler
    Show

Starts with 2 minor psychic powers from Psy Rating 1

Sanctionite
    Forbidden Lore (Warp)
    Scholastic Lore (Occult)
    Minor Psychic Power
    Willpower Advance (Simple, +5)
    Intelligence Advance (Simple, +5)

Neonate
    Perception Advance (Simple, +5)
    Deceive
    Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
    Psy Rating 2 (+2 minor psychic powers)

Aspirant
    Minor Psychic Power x7
    Willpower Advance (Intermediate, +10)
    Trade (Soothsayer) +10

Theomancer
    Psy Rating 3 (+2 minor psychic powers, +1 major psychic power)
    Emperor’s Tarot (psychic power)
    Psyniscience +10
    Logic
    Psychic Power (Personal Augury)
    Foresight
    Power Well

Scholar Medicae
    Psy Rating 4 (+2 minor psychic powers, +2 major psychic powers)
    Minor Psychic Power (x2)
    Carouse
    Awareness

Thrones: 1897
    Last edited by Thragka; 2016-11-15 at 07:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I think that's everyone's sheets, then. Huzzah! Now we can use this thread to talk about stuff.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so the briefing part of this is basically over. You've got the run of the place for a bit, anything you particularly want to do?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Find our rooms and strategize? Making a good defensible position would be a good idea.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Seems sensible to me. I'm also thinking of Annie trying to track down Arcturos and speak to him in person - if he doesn't know that we ratted him out, we're actually plausible allies - he did help us a lot. I think Annie - and Joss, with his crush - could be convincingly outraged that our best friend is being investigated unfairly - of course he didn't do anything wrong! We saw him kill a daemon!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I somehow screwed up my awareness roll in the main thread, so I'll post it here

(1d100)[78] vs 32+10
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Big post from me, I had quite a lot to get through. If I've missed something you wanted to know about, please remind me here.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I'm really not sure if dataslates have the capacity for reading out loud. It's something modern tablets can do, but dataslates are not really tablets, since some of them hold only one file. I suppose it would be possible to get a variant with a small speaker, but the quality you're getting is likely closer to Microsoft Sam than Siri. 40k is weird about technology. The lasgun is a super advanced laser weapon, mass produced and readily available everywhere civilised, generally seen as among the weakest of the weapons around compared to things like automatic rocket-propelled grenade launchers and guns that shoot miniature stars... and yet there are entire planets that still think blackpowder muskets are the nuts.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, back to business. It's the new year, so welcome to 2017, and that means the return of updates, of which there is now a new one. It's quite shiny. Bask in it. Yes.

ahem.

How was everyone's holidays?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I got a shiny from my sweetie!

Holidays were good. Looking at having a new job in the new year. Shouldn't effect my posting rate too badly unless it completely zonks me out. But I'll keep you posted, Dest.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

This was requested, and it sounded like a good idea to do, so here it is; one hot-off-the-grill rundown of everything you know about R.A.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adventure One: Sepheris Secundus
    R.A. financed illicit Xenos research conducted by a rogue Mechanicus Magos, and hired Malfian Bloodsworn to help cover up the hidden facility

Adventure Two: Klybo
    Viator Raltus, a known associate of the Magos from adventure one, is found to have Malfian Bloodsworn protecting him. These are also paid by R.A.
    Additionally, Raltus' personal cogitator contains coded messages sent by R.A. His research turned out to have involved a Necron device designed to alter humans in some way, and he had been sending messages and recieving funding and direction from R.A, who was staying on...

Adventure Three: Landunder
    R.A. was, for an unknown reason, on Landunder. Investigations there uncovered a daemonic threat, which was being covertly fought by Inquisitor Remus Arcturos. Inquisitor Arcturos is from Malfi. Inquisitor Arcturos worked with Cell Sigma (you guys) to destroy the daemon. Inquisitor Arcturos is also Ordo Xenos, and owns a sword of Xenos construction, placing him decidedly on the Radical side of things. He expressed the opinion that warp entities are the greatest threat to humanity that there is.

I think I've covere3d the salient bits, but I have probably missed something. If you can think of anything that might be relevant, I'll happily add it here. I will also link this post from the first post, for easy reference. In the meantime, here's Valle's formal accusation:

Spoiler
    Show
    CLASSIFICATION: Primus
    CLEARANCE: Obsidian
    ENCRYPTION: Sine-code AA23
    DATE: 999.M41
    AUTHOR: Inquisitor Kadis Valle, Ordo Hereticus, with Authorisation from Lord Inquisitor Argus Stone, ref. 667H SS, 114X K, 8897M L
    SUBJECT: Call to High Conclave
    RECIPIENT: -a =][=, spec ref; Inquisitor Remus Arcuros, Ordo Xenos

+++MESSAGE BEGINS+++

Inquisitor Remus Arcturos stands accused of sedition, treason, heresy and obstruction of on agent of the Inquisition in course of their lawful duties. By his right as an Inquisitor of the Holy Ordos, Arcturos is called to stand trial by High Conclave at the Tricorn Palace, Lord Inquisitor Argus Stone to preside. Inquisitor Valle will present evidence of the crimes of Inquisitor Arcturos, guilt to be decided. All active Inquisitors within range are called to attend as a jury of peers.

Evidence includes, but is not necessarily limited to;
    Bloodsworn Charters, initials R.A., retrieved from Sephiris Secundus and Klybo.
    Statements by Bloodsworn, deceased, re: financial backing of one Magos Moreus. Statements recorded after the fact.
    Pict-records, documents and wreckage retrieved from Sephiris Secundus
    Pict-records, documents and wreckage retrieved from Klybo
    transaction records and personal accounts
    communication records, retrieved Klybo, ref: V. Raltus
    Statements by Inquisitorial Investigation Team designation "Sigma" re. Sephiris Secundus, Klybo, Landunder

Inquisitor Arcturos is invited to prepare his defence and present himself at the Tricorn Palace. Failure to do so will be seen as an admission of guilt.

Thought for the Day: The traitor's hand lies closer than you think.

+++MESSAGE REPEATS+++

Cookies for anyone who figures out my reference codes in the Author line.

Also, a word of direction, since we seem to have stalled a bit and that often comes from players not being quite sure what to do. This beginning section is intended as "INQ 101, Intro to Inquisitorial Politics." You are invited to talk to Inquisitors, ask awkward questions, and do whatever sort of looking up of records that you might like.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-01-14 at 07:54 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

So, where does Arcturos get his money from? If he's financing these massive projects (presumably with no return), then how is he funding that? If he's malfian, presumably he's noble-born? Could we look into the family fortunes?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

You could indeed. Do you want to check the Inquisition data archives, or try something else?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I assume the data-archives will have that, or store something similar that we can use to get the same info - newspaper archives for example, could give us an idea of if the family is failing or thriving. (Though they might not let just anyone pick up sensitive data on an inquisitor. Alternatively one of the other anti-arcturos inquisitors might have already dug this up - sounds like the sort of information an inquisitor might keep on a rival just in case, and they would have been able to get info straight from malfi.

Either way, any but that last suggestion would be something for Mouse and Phaella to work on: I'm not sure Annie and Joss are even literate.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss certainly isn't (hooray feralworlder's background) Anyways, you asked us to roll inquiry. Joss doesn't have it trained at all, so I think I just roll a straight d100?

(1d100)[2]
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

There, I have gone and done an update. Work wiped me out this weekend, and I've been wrestling with a cold as well, so I didn't feel up to it till today. Sorry about that.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Double post combo wombo. I've only updated for Joss and Annie for now, because I'm not sure what Phaella wants to do next and I haven't got a response from Mouse yet. If I don't hear anything in the next couple days, there will be proddings.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

cross-posting to both my DM threads. I'm going on vacation next week. If you haven't posted, do so, and I'll do an update when I get back. If you have posted, then there'll be a new update in about a week, sorry about the wait. I'll be back next monday, and after that things should go back to normal.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

And it's all MY fault! Muahahaha! I have once again kidnapped the DM and brought him to the terrible overheated wastes of Florida! Fear my nefarious plan to visit snuggles upon him! Ahahaha!

hehe, just teasing, folks. We'll see you all in a week.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Good question in the IC, Kaptin. Wolf said he'd post, but that was a few days ago. Art's already posted, haven't heard from Swordfish in a while, Thragka's on break.

Soooo... Wolfy? Swordfish? Where are you guys?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Right, that's me posted IC. Just pausing here to let you guys go over things, if you'd like. If nobody posts soon I'll follow up with the events of the next day.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, moving on to the next day. Please post detailling your plans with what you're going to do to try and secure the notes/conversation log.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Literacy Test for research in Tomes and Paper: (1d100)[40]vs60
    Tech-Use for Electronic Research: (1d100)[39] vs70 (+10 for Electro-Graft use)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

For Annie and Phaella, there's not too much I can post IC. Moreus is indeed the Magos from the first adventure. He is deceased. I think you were trying to find out what the beasts had been made for. In any case, Kaptin? You about?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Cross-posting to all of my games. I'm going out of town on the 21st, and will not be back until ~ Sept 1st. I also have work for the next couple days. Don't expect updates until I get back, though if you write something short in the meantime and post it OOC, I may offer some bonus XP.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: