Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Bespin Gambit

Welcome to The Bespin Gambit campaign! Our players and their characters, to get familiar:

• tigerusthegreat, playing Loku Kanoloa
    • Darkstorm, playing Verena Talos
    • CrimsonKnight, playing Vinto Hreeda
    • EarthenRite, playing MHD-19

I assume everyone has read over the Learn to Play guide. It should have covered the basic mechanics of a turn, alternating activations, and most of the symbols you need to understand. I'm happy to entertain questions before we begin.

In terms of how to proceed with your turn, we're going to be following these guidelines:

• In the event that your actions trigger a scripted event, I will consider your actions redacted past the point at which you triggered it - you will have the opportunity to make new choices based on the new information. Important: anything listed after the triggering action will be disregarded, even if you planned to take the same course of action. This is to prevent you feeling committed because you got a particularly good dice roll in your original action.

• Dice rolls can be done in-thread using the [rollv] command. Only rolls with [rollv] are accepted, as I need to see the individual values on the dice. Dice results will be processed left to right following this procedure: for colored dice, BGRY. For monochrome dice, BW. In other words, if you need to roll two red dice and a yellow die and roll 5, 5, 1, this result will be read as 5 Red, 5 Red, 1 Yellow. I would ask that you indicate what your dice roll represents to save a bit of time, by naming your dice pool, e.g. (BG), (BYY), (W). Dice results correspond to the results on this chart, read with 1 in the leftmost column and 6 in the rightmost.

• Please roll the defenses for enemies you are attacking, one line below your attack roll. I will be doing the same when attacking you. This format is not conducive to waiting for everyone to respond to attacks with a defense check when it can simply be done.

• Make sure your post is fully correct before you make rolls. If you're uncertain, a multi-post is fine. Do not edit or delete posts containing rolls - once they're made, they're made.

• In the case of need for a vote, three votes in either direction shall constitute grounds to proceed.

• Maps will have a basic coordinate system of letters and numbers. Please use these to indicate movement.

Now, some basic information about the game before we begin:

• This is a skirmish-style, objective-based game. Most missions are time-limited, and most of those time limits favor me, not you. If you spend too much time trying to kill every enemy, there is a strong chance that you will be unable to complete your early missions.

• Credits are handed out to the group and spent by the group.

• Doors may be interacted with to open them unless mission rules say otherwise. Mission rules may often lock doors to one or both sides until a condition is met or give them health and defense so they can be destroyed. Opening a door often triggers a mission event.

• Crates may be interacted with to acquire a Supply Card. These are one-use items that can significantly help you during a mission - grenades, medkits, stolen data, valuable goods. Supply Cards do not carry over between missions. Every Crate collected is worth an additional 50 credits at the end of the mission.

• Terminals are objects which tend to unlock mission events or give access to new rules when interacted with. Sometimes terminals are objects to be destroyed.

• Mission tokens may represent any number of things, as defined by the mission briefing. They have no consistent rules and cannot be interacted with unless specifically instructed.

• All cards in the game may be viewed at boardwars.eu via their image database. The Core Box contains most of the materials that we will be using. I will link other materials as necessary.

• At the end of each mission, an Upgrade Stage will take place during which you may spend XP and credits. I will provide a list of items currently available for you to look through for purchase. As you earn credits, I earn Influence, which I may spend on Agendas to cause complications in future missions.

• Periodically, a Side Mission will become available to conduct. You will have two choices of Side Mission; the one that is selected will be the next mission conducted, while the other will be reshuffled into the Side Mission deck. This deck contains one Side Mission pertinent to each of your characters; four Side Missions that give special rewards; and four Side Mission slots which allow you to recruit allies. As a group you will decide on how to fill these slots.

• If you have earned any Allies, you may bring one and only one Ally with you at the start of a mission. If you bring an Ally, I receive Threat points equal to their deployment value, which I may use when permitted to bring more forces to the table.

Any questions, comments, concerns so far?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Bespin Gambit

Mission I: Back-Room Bargains

A notorious band of mercenaries, hoping to expand their operations, have recently set up a deal with Imperial operatives. If their negotiations go through, the union of both groups could be a powerful new threat to the struggling Rebel Alliance. This deal must be stopped at all costs.

In their arrogance, however, the mercenaries have tipped their hand too soon. Intercepted communications reveal that they have captured the partner of an agent working with Lando Calrissian and plan to use this person as collateral for the deal. If you could find out where they're holding the prisoner and exfiltrate him before the exchange is made, you might just kill two birds with one stone.

You've traced the mercenaries to the slums of Cloud City. With little time to stop a deal with the Empire, you forge ahead into the mercenary hideout. Confirming your fears, you see mercenaries and Imperials already working side by side as guards.

Mission-Specific Rules

• The door to the Hall is locked. A Rebel figure may attack the door (Health: 5, defense 1 block).
    • The deal will complete at the end of Round 5 if the door to the Back Room is closed.
    • When an Elite Hired Gun is defeated, set it aside. These figures cannot be reinforced.
    The mission will progress when the door to the Back Room opens or when the deal is complete. The mission ends at the end of Round 7 or when all heroes are wounded.

Mission Map

• Please deploy to the Entrance token (the blue tile) or any adjacent space. One Rebel must deploy on top of the Entrance.
    • When all Rebels have deployed, the first Rebel may take their turn.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-26 at 09:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Verena can start in N11.
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Loku will start at o12
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #5

Vinto will start on O11.

6. - Top - End - #6

Beholder

Would it be possible to post the image linked here too? I have a hard time viewing imgur maps with any zoom at all.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

My preference is not to do straight image embeds, it's a lot more clutter to wrangle than splitting it out. Nevertheless, if we can't find a workaround, this will have to do for now.

Spoiler: Mission Map
    Show

Rebel Turn

8. - Top - End - #8

Based on our starting location Earthen, the only remaining space you have to deploy is on N12 where the GM has already positioned you. I guess that means we can start then? I'll lead things off.

Vinto Turn
    First Action: Move to K11.
    Second Action: Attack my wayward kin (aka the Hired Gun) at J11.
    Vinto Attack (BY) (2d6)[4][4](8)
    Hired Gun Defense (W) (1d6)[3]
    Results: 2d, 4a, 2s vs 2e. Triggering Boltslinger to deal 1d to the Officer.

Question before I formally end my turn: for my pistol's reroll ability, do I have to reroll all dice, or could I choose to just reroll one if desired?
    Last edited by CrimsonKnight; 2017-12-25 at 09:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

It's all or none.

10. - Top - End - #10

Alright, then Vinto's turn is done.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

One of the Rodian mercenaries says something in Huttese, sounding quite derisive. Vinto's eye twitches. As he turns his pistol back toward his kin, the Imperial officer slinks into the darkness, nursing his blaster wound.

In The Shadows: The Imperial Officer becomes Hidden.

Hidden condition: Attacks against you have -2 Accuracy. Your next attack gains +1 surge. Discard this condition after you attack.

The Elite Hired Guns attack Vinto.

(GY)(2d6)[3][1](4)
    (W)(1d6)[3](3)

(GY)(2d6)[4][3](7)
    (W)(1d6)[5](5)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Vinto takes 4 total damage as the Hired Guns slink back behind their colleagues.

Rebel Turn

Show

13. - Top - End - #13

BlackDragon

Verena rushes foward weapons in hand trying to end this deal before it began.

Move and strain move 1 to I12
    Attack officer with knife
    R(1d6)[1](1)
    (1d6)[1](1)

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

That's 2 damage and kill. Activating Close quarters to fire with the officers weapon vs H15 thug.

BY(2d6)[5][6](11)
    (1d6)[2](2)

15. - Top - End - #15

BlackDragon

2 damage to the thug.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

The Rodians continue the assault on Vinto.

(GY)(2d6)[1][3](4)
    (W)(1d6)[3](3)

(GY)(2d6)[4][6](10)
    (W)(1d6)[1](1)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Vinto takes 5 more damage.

Rebel Turn

Show

Also I know I missed the two damage to H15. It will be reflected on the next map version.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-26 at 08:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

MHD-19, you'll need this.

Spoiler: EarthenRite
    Show
    Available Medical supplies for you to draw on, so you know in advance what's there.

• 2x Adrenal Stim
    • 2x Bacta Infusion
    • 2x Emergency Medpac
    • 1x Artificial Stimulants
    • 1x Painkillers

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Loku: strain 2 to move to M13.

Attack 1: fire at H15.

bg - (2d6)[1][6](7)
    w - (1d6)[4](4)

Attack 2 vs h15 (if defeated g14)

bg - (2d6)[6][1](7)
    w - (1d6)[6](6)

Current Games:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

A1: 2d 1s 8a vs 1b 1e 5r. 1 damage

A2: 1d 1s 9a vs 5r 1dodge -1dodge. Surge for recover. 1/5 strain. 1 damage

Enemy takes 2d overall.

Current Games:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Parting Shot

Firing on Vinto.

(GY)(2d6)[6][4](10)
    (W)(1d6)[1](1)

Vinto is Wounded
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-26 at 09:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks Loku, the droid might have had a chance to rescue him otherwise.

MHD-19's turn and then the first round ends.

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

I missed you update that he had damage and was looking at the map. Otherwise i would have hit the other one first. Oh well.

Current Games:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Incidentally, if you're interested in cross-game chatter with the other party, I've put up a thread for that. The Alliance Regroups!

25. - Top - End - #25

Beholder

MHD-19 Actions:

1. Take 1 Strain to search deck for emergency medpack.
    2. Take 2 Strain to move to L11
    3. Rest to recover 4 strain, then use the Medpack on my Rodian friend.
    4. I become focused since I did not attack.

“There is a high probability of blaster fire causing continued burns. Refrain from placing your flesh in its path. Your treatment code is Z192.”
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-12-26 at 04:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Unfortunately, it's too late to heal me, I'm back at zero damage after becoming Wounded. Only thing you could do to help me would be to grab the Painkillers instead and give it to me on Turn 2 to aid my reduced Endurance and Speed.
    Last edited by CrimsonKnight; 2017-12-26 at 05:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

ALERT! The thread was created for anyone who loves optimization, combat fun and who wants to use powerful villain for high overpowered and epic adventures! (Players and DM's)
    If you do not like this type of material and feel offended, please f.u.c.k you, here is not your place, move on!
    I'm sure it's not possible to defeat it with a single PC. So do not waste your time, only a legion can defeat you ... or not.

Our group was defeated by a villain, we simply ignored the DM's warnings and it was TPK. After analyzing the build of the villain, we realized that we could not defeat him.
    All this was the fault of one of our Wizard's group, said the Sorceres are a disgrace and defeat them.
    Then the end of the Wizards and their allies began.

BACKGROUND: The birth of the Nameless King was a disaster, his parents were killed by a sudden explosion and snakes covered the baby like a throne. Camponents tried to kill the red-eyed, white-haired baby with an arrow, but a shield of energy blocked the attack (Shield Spell). The development of the orphan baby was a mystery, but he survived without any love and affection alone in the world. His name was Lucius Threvor.
    The young red-eyed elf was not in the world around him, he was different from everyone, he felt a hatred ... But he always followed rules strictly, always manipulative and with an intimidating image.

Lucius Threvor

The beginning of the end:
    The young elf was taken to necromancy school to understand his power. But, his personality strength and arrogance did not accept the way they learned magic. His inability to learn large numbers of spells and his way of manipulating magic challenged school leaders. Expelled and humiliated by Wizard Balther with 6 powerful undeads around him, he fled the big city and hid in the darkness. Though humiliated, he worshiped the dark and deep eyes of sinister magic.
    In the darkness, the chaotic power began to manifest, but he did not surrender, control and mold to his pleasure. After defeating defeating some opponents, he created his first skeleton with his already decomposing body. It was bone-shaped power.

Wrath of The Necromancer King

With such power, he ventured into the depths, made powerful Pacts, and acquired powerful eyes that saw in the deepest darkness and powers ever imagined.
    The villain loved to hide in the shadows as he watched his Undead devour the invaders of darkness.
    When his power reached an unattainable level, he began mortal duels and learned defensive tactics and manipulation, Otherworldly Wings and the power of flying freely began to cause mass destruction.
    Now with the bodies of the dead, he brought them back to serve him. Able to manipulate illusions, battle tactics and a legion of undead he destroyed and annihilated the school of necromancy, turning them all into new tools.
    With his Temple, the surrogate ability to hide in the shadows and power of destruction he is advancing his troops to the end of those who abandoned him.
    The ultimate power in his hand, he learns to manipulate the most powerful beings with such mastery that no other spellcaster would do.
    After long years, his name has been forgotten and is now known as "Nameless King", the killer of Wizards.

He discovered the true power of his magical blood, The Blood Magic (Maho). The power of the villain still increases, when he kills a defenseless victim he becomes more powerful! The power of True Blood Sorcerer is coming!

Blood Sorcerer

GOAL: The main objective of the villain is to acquire the artifact that allows to know the true names of Devils and Devils to use them to his pleasure.

Nameless King

"PRATICES AND STUDY ARE FOR AMATEUR. TRUE POWER IS A BIRTHRIGHT".
    "Sorcerer King, Scion of Tiamat"

BUILD:

Nameless King (Divine Soul Sorcerer 17 / Hexblade 3)

Medium humanoid (Wood Elf), Lawful Evil
    Armor Class 31 (Shield +3, Robe of Archmagi, +4 Dex, +6 Charisma - Dragon Mask +1 Warding Bond)
    Hit Points 135 (120 + Heroes' Feast)
    Speed 30ft, Fly Speed 40 (30 +10 longstride)ft
    Initiative +9 (+4 Dex +5 Alert feat)

Wood Elf (+2 Dex +1 Wis)
    STR
    8 (-1)
    DEX
    18 (+4)
    CON
    14 (+2)
    INT
    8 (-1)
    WIS
    8 (-1)
    CHA
    20 +2 (Tome) = 22 (+6)

Saving Throws Cha+13, CON +9, DEX +5 (Advantage against Spells and other magical effects) (+1 Warding Bond)
    Skills Stealth +20 (+6 Proficiency +10 Pass without trace Spells + 4 dex, Darkness/Invisibility Advantage), Sleigh of Hand +10 (+6 proficiency +4 Dex), Perception +5, Acrobatics +10 (+6 proficiency + 4 dex)

Damage Resistance: All damage (Simulacrum's Warding Bond)
    Immunities: Poison, Divination, Charmed, Frightened, Psychic Damage, Fire (Dragon Mask)

Senses passive: Perception 15, See invisible
    Magic Resistance: The Nameless King has advantage on saving
    throws against spells and other magical effects.

Spellcasting:

The Nameless is an 17th-level Sorcerer and 3rd-level Warlock. Its
    spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 22, +14 to hit
    with spell attacks).

Cantrips (at will):.Eldrich Blast, Mage Hand, Blade Ward, Prestidigitation, Guidance, Minor Image, Toll of Dead, Sacred Flame
    1st level (4 slots): Cure Wounds (free), Sanctuary, Longstride (feat bonus)
    2nd level (3 slots): See Invisible, Silence, Earth Bind, Pass without trace (feat bonus), Warding Bond
    3rd level (3 slots): Counterspell, Revify, Anime Dead, Major Image, Magic Circle, Tidal Wave
    4th level (3 slots): Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility, Freedom of Movement, Death Ward
    5th level (3 slots): Planar Binding
    6th level .(1 slot): Planar Ally
    7th level (l slot): Teleport
    8th level (l slot):
    9th level (l slot): Wish

ACTIONS
    Ranged Weapon Attack (Oathbow): +15 to hit, reach 600 feet, one target. Hit: 64 (1d8 +6 +3d6 +3 Purple Worm Posion (DC 19, 42 average damage) piercing damage.

Itens:
    +3 Shield
    Robe of The Archmagi
    Periapt of Proof against Poison
    Staff of Swarming Insects
    Purple Worm Poison
    Dragon Mask

Feature and Spells know:

Some Background Feature
    Font Of Magic (17)
    Metamagic
    MM: Distant Spell
    MM: Twin Spell
    MM: Heightein Spell
    MM: Subtle Spell
    Divine Magic
    Favor Of The Gods
    Empowered Healing
    Otherworldy Wings
    Pact Magic
    Invocation
    Eldritch Spear
    Repelling Blast
    Pact of the Blade
    Hexblade's Curse
    Hex Warrior
    ASIs: Spell Sniper, Alert, War Caster, Wood Elf Magic
    Warlock 4 Spells Know
    Sorcerer 15 Spells Know

Don't know about Coffeelock ?
    Find here[/url]

The Villain Active Spells:
    Well, the DM was pretty clear. Coffeelock keeps steath and buffs when start an Attack/Defense . This is Coffeelock's signature. Then, Death Ward, Contingency: Teleport, Sanctuary, Mirror Image, See Invisible and any other Spell Know. If the spells are over, he returns to his Temple of Gods for Short Rest.

Coffeelock 2.0

Heroes of the Orient, pg 10.
    Now Coffeelocks can regenerate 5+ spell level. This is dangerous and expensive. With access to Greater Restauration (Via Simulacrum or Summons) or Legendary Resistence (1/day). This is so important to never need sleep again.
    This is even more powerful for a Coffeelock villain where he can accumulate Hit Dice and get more and more powerful! The world needs to stop the advance of death!

Blood Magic
    Blood magic, or maho as it is also called, is perhaps the most seductive
    and effective tool of evil in the Orient. Maho wielders, or maho-tsukai, have
    served the will of the Shadowlands for centuries, both within the empire
    and without. While the Phoenix Inquisitors and Snake Clan Bailiffs have
    dedicated themselves to purging maho from the empire, it is often those
    most dedicated to its eradication who are most likely to find themselves seduced
    by its power.
    And it is power, most often, that seduces, for maho is an easy path to
    tremendous magical power. Young shugenjas frustrated at the slow pace at
    which their power grows, old scholars chafing at the limitations of their elemental
    magic, peasant folk-magic practitioners - for all these spellcasters,
    maho offers a way to overcome obstacles that the sanctioned magic of the
    empire cannot provide.
    A creature that succumbs to maho becomes a slave of evil and the
    Shadowlands. The maho can be a great basis for an adventure in the Orient,
    and might even lead a group of adventurers into the Shadowlands
    themselves.
    Maybe the clans have been so effective at combating the maho, that
    it has been centuries since the last maho-tsukai, in which case the maho
    might be considered myth, rather than fact. Similarly, there might have
    been no activity within the crawdad-patrolled outer reaches of the Shadowlands
    for centuries, reducing the prestige of the Crawdad Clan, and lowering
    the guard of all clans against the Shadowlands and it’s Taint.

PC’s and the Maho
    It is okay if a PC becomes tempted by the maho. A PC who can cast spells,
    can draw upon the maho to gain certain benefits, which might help turn
    things around in the here and now, but will have dire consequences in the
    long run.
    A PC can gain the following benefits by drawing upon the maho:
    • Expend a hit die and add it to an attack’s attack and damage rolls
    Expend a hit die and regain a used spell slot with a spell slot level
    equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting modifier

• Kill a defenseless creature to gain an additional hit die, which lasts
    until the creature’s next long rest

Whenever a PC draws upon the maho, he must attempt a DC15 Wisdom
    saving throw. On a successful save, the PC can draw upon the maho
    without any physical or spiritual consequence, although his or her reputation
    might suffer if the act is witnessed. On a failed save, the PC becomes
    paralyzed and enters a catatonic state. The paralysis lasts for 24 hours, after
    which the PC awakens as a slave of evil, and now no longer a PC. The
    PC’s personality is effectively gone, as the maho has taken over, making the
    character an NPC.
    Friends and fellow adventurer’s should use the 24 hours of paralysis, to
    locate spellcasting services, as a greater restoration or wish spell can pull
    the afflicted PC back from the maho.
    After each saving throw against the maho (whether success or failure),
    the DC increases by 1, and cannot be reduced again by any means, making
    it increasingly hard to resist the maho with each attempt. Additionally, with
    each use of maho, the character gains 1 to it’s Taint score (see the “Taint
    Score” section later in this chapter).
    A character that succumbs to the maho is called a maho-tsukai. Several
    cults exist that practice maho. These cults are often small and contained,
    rarely having more than twenty members. The most powerful (or sometimes
    the most charismatic) is usually the leader of a cult, and they rarely
    have knowledge of other cults.
    In your game, a particularly powerful or charismatic maho-tsukai, could
    potentially try to unite the different cults, spelling disaster for the Orient, if
    the cults aren’t stopped by brage heroes.

Direct Combat tatic:

The NK and his Simulacrum is flying 1200' way and/or Stealth (+20 Stealth check and advantage, Darkness or Invisibility). We have 2 concentration spells at same time. Twin Invisibility and Pass without trace.

The NK's Attack:

1) Long Range: Distant Metamagic + Spell sniper feat + Eldritch Spear (1.200 feet range) + Repelling Blast (Each hit, 10 feet away, WOW 80' repelling per round is really cool effect). If the enemies is close enough, he casts Distant Dimension Door (1.000 feet).

Warding Bond turns the villain into a true tanker.
    135 HP, 36 AC (31 BC + 5 Summon's Cover), Resistance against all damage, Death Ward, Advantage against spells, Immunity to fire, Contingency : Teleport, Clone, True Ressurection (Ki-rin summon, inside the temple), Legendary Resistence (1/day)

For example, the only thing capable to hit the villain at 1200 'is Meteor Swarm, but, this is a joke:

- The wizard can not identify the villain and spends his single Meteor Swarm against Major Images or Alter Self (Arcanaloth). The villain begins to laugh at the poor Wizard.

The villain has advantage against spell and can add 2d4 to saving throw (favored of the gods) and is immune to fire: The average damage would be ridiculous 15 damage, if he fails he only receives 30 damage. But of course it is virtually impossible to identify him and hit him before you be easily killed by him.

2) Medium Range: If the enemies is within 600', The Simulacrum casts Distant Earth Bind. If Earth Binded, NK's Silence Spells is devasting against spellcasters. The NK ignores silence effects with subtle spells.

The Simulacrum prepares an action against targets that reach the range 600' (Teleport or flying): Ranged Attack (67 average damage per hit) = You lost your concentration and are down on the ground again (If you were flying, you fell automatically).

Simulacrum can deal 254 average damage with 4 shots

If the Nameless King and his Simulacrum is using concentration spell, he can use Distant(240 feet) or Heightein Tidal Wave (Damage and Knock prone, DC 22 Dexterity saving throw). Just Smashing them.

3) Short Range: Also, Simulacrum's Distant Silence + NK's Wish: Force Cage (Trapping the enemie and the NK) is a deadly sentense.

- Nameless King's Subtle Wish: Antimagic Field + Simulacrum's Ranged Attack (257 average damage + Knock Prone).

- The Nameless King is immune to grapple (Freedom of Movement) and has +10 acrobatic check.

- If you teleport close enough, you can be counterspelled normally and takes shots of Simulacrum (65 average damage per shot + 2d6 necrotic damage + Automatic Knock Prone (Are you flying? No) + Genies prepared actions

- The Ki-rin Prepares a action against any intruder you try approach enough (Teleport or Flying): It casts Silence and uses Legendary actions to detect enemies around. Also, inside the temple: Ki-rin casts Guardians of Faith and true ressurection if the NK is dead. Also, Ki-rins casts Major Image at will (Permanent).

- The Genies prepared action against any intruder you try to approach enough (Teleport or Flying) :
    Djinni (120', Creat Whirlwind DC a DC 18 Strength saving throw or be restrained by it), Djinni also creats Major Images (DC 17) to confuse the enemie. A Djinni cast continually Creat Whirlwind against the Nameless King (He is immune, Freedom of Movement), If the enemies tries attack him in melee range is affected by Whirlwind.
    Marid (60', Water Jet DC 17, 21 average damage and Knock prone). BLINDSIGHT 30'
    The Genies are always alert, trying find an enemies around.

- The YUGOLOTHS They are used to kill Spellcasters and confuse the enemy. :
    Spoiler: Arcanaloth
    Show
    Arcanoloth:
    Innate Spellcasting. The arcanaloth's innate spellcasting ability
    is Charisma (spell save DC 15). The arcanaloth can innately
    cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
    At will: alter self, darkness, heat metal, invisibility (self only),
    magic missile

The most effective tactic is to use Alter Self (Copying the Nameless King), this is NOT ILLUSION.
    Spellcasting. The arcanaloth is a 16th-level spellcaster. Its
    spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit
    with spell attacks). The arcanaloth has the following wizard
    spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): .fire bolt, mage hand, minor illusion,
    prestidigitation
    1st level (4 slots): detect magic, identify, shield, Tenser's
    floating disk
    2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, mirror image, phantasmal
    force, suggestion
    3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, fear, fireball
    4th level (3 slots): banishment, dimension door
    5th level (2 slots): contact other plane, hold monster
    6th level (1 slot): chain lightning
    7th level (1 slot):.finger of death
    8th level (1 slot): mind blank

Spoiler: Nycaloth
    Show

Innate Spellcasting. The nycaloth's innate spellcasting ability is
    Charisma. The nycaloth can innately cast the following spells,
    requiring no material components:
    At will: darkness, detect magic, dispel magic, invisibility (self
    only)
    , mirror image

Spoiler: Ultroloth
    Show

True sight : 120'

Hypnotic Gaze. The ultroloth's eyes sparkle with opalescent
    light as it targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it. If
    the target can see the ultroloth, the target must succeed on a
    DC 17 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or be charmed
    until the end of the ultroloth's next turn. The charmed target is
    stunned. If the target's saving throw is successful, the target is
    immune to the ultroloth's gaze for the next 24 hours.

Innate Spellcasting. The ultroloth's innate spellcasting ability is
    Charisma (spell save DC 17). The ultroloth can innately cast the
    following spells, requiring no material components:
    At will: alter self, clairvoyance, darkness, detect magic, detect
    thoughts, dispel magic, invisibility (self only), suggestion
    3fday each: dimension door, fear, wall of fire
    1fday each: fire storm, mass suggestion

Spoiler: Planetar
    Show

Commune (Obvious uses) + Control Weather (Disadvantage perception check!)

Spoiler: Empyrean
    Show
    High damage and free stun, Immunitybludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from
    nonmagical weapons

Spoiler: Ki-rin (Volo's Guide to Monster)
    Show

Innate Spellcasting. The ki-rin's innate spellcasting ability is
    Charisma (spell save DC 17). The ki-rin can innately cast the
    following spells, requiring no material components:
    At will: gaseous form, major image (6th-level version), wind walk
    1/day: create food and water
    Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If the ki-rin fails a saving throw,
    it can choose to succeed instead.
    Magic Resistance. The ki-rin has advantage on saving throws
    against spells and other magical effects.
    Magic Weapons. The ki-rin's weapon attacks are magical.
    Spellcasting. The ki-rin is a 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting
    ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell
    attacks). It has the following cleric spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): light, mending, sacred flame, spare the dying,
    thaumaturgy
    1st level (4 slots): command, cure wounds, detect e11il and good,
    protection from evil and good, sanctuary
    2nd level (3 slots): calm emotions, lesser restoration, silence
    3rd level (3 slots): dispel magic, remove curse, sending
    4th level (3 slots): banishment.freedom of movement, guardian
    of faith
    5th level (3 slots): greater restoration, mass cure wounds, scrying
    6th level (1 slot): heroes'feast, true seeing
    7th level (1 slot): etherealness, plane shift
    8th level (1 slot): control weather
    9th level (1 slot): true resurrection

If the enemy tries to use get cover (Although, Undeads destroy any kind of cover), the villain will be stealth and the Undeads / Army of Darkness will attack them.
    While the NK is steath, it can freely use his illusions and Subtle Spells

Feeblemind or any save or suck : NK is protected by Heightein Sanctuary (Disadvantage 22 DC). Also, The Nameless King has acess to Greater Restauration Spell and Staff of Swarming Insects (No button and no concentration! You can't see him) and Programmed Illusion. Also, Major Image Spells (Permanent) and Alter self (Arcanoloth and Ultroloth duplicating Nameless King) can be problematic, if you try.

Globe of Invulnerability and Antimagic Field: The Simulacrum uses Oathbow (+14 attack roll + Advantage + 1d8 piercing + 5 Dex + 3 Munition+ 3d6 piercing damage) + Purple Worm Posion (DC 19 or take 42 average damage) + Eldritch Smite (+2d6 + automatic knock prone) + Hexblade's curse = 77 average damage per shot + Advantage, crit range 19~20. Dangerous + Minion's attack.

Indirect Combat Tatic:

Master of Stealth, Dircord and Illusion:

The NK is able to create multiples Major Images (Permanent) around the battleground and can use stealth action to move them. Flying Images against enemies unable to fly and if they fly, They will be vulnerable. He also used Wish: Programmed Illusion on condition of being attacked directly. Distant Casting Minor Image is useful to creat panic.
    This further hinders the enemy from going on an alpha strike, forcing them to spend their teleports and exposing themselves.
    Of course, meanwhile the Undeads are hungry.
    The Nameless King can steal material component bag and spellbooks with Stealth and Sleigh of Hand.

Necromancy:

The Nameless King and his Simulacrum casts Animate Dead, creating a horde of Undeads. The Nameless King prefer Archers (Longbow and Purple Worm Poison, 42 average damage) and Low-level Mages:
    Archers attack from long range and are always alert (It isn’t passive perception) with perception checks to detect any approaching enemy.
    Low-Level Mages casts Earth Bind / Magic Missales/ HEX / Eldritch Blast / Entangle / Aid / Bless / Silence
    Undead don't walk together, they have a space between them, so, they are not an easy target for area spells.
    Undeads destroy any cover available on the battlefield, to make the battlefield as open as possible. No places to hide or run away.

Undeads can deal very high damage with Magic Missale / Hex + Eldrich blast and silencing everything.

PS: It's important to remember. The more powerful enemies are defeated, they are now Undead controlled by the villain. So there can be powerful high level Undeads. So be very careful.

The Nameless King is the best Necromancer of the entire game.

Army of Darkness:

The villain is extremely efficient when summoning demons, as Lawful Evil villain is extraordinarily organized and tyrant.
    Why is he better than the others? Simple, Heightein Metamagic and acess to Planar Binding and Planar Ally. The powerful fiends have an advantage over magic and are very powerful. At the same cost, the villain has the DOUBLE chance of being successful (Heightein Metamagic).

Undoubtedly, this is the most dangerous part of Villain. However, it is easily overcome.
    The villain uses Magic Circle (Heigher Level), every hour the villain applies multiple times Heightein Planar Binding (Heighter Level) against Empyrean until winning.
    The villain prepared the group of fiends to defeat the Empyrean, if necessary.
    First he summons the Coualt, Fiends, Genies and then the Empyrean.

The villain will summon multiple creatures (as much as possible) and use them only in strategic and extreme cases.

The main tactic of the Fiends is to remove any synchrony between the group, to catch the attention of the group while the villain observes the perfect time of the attack. The fiends mages are efficient for counterspell and magic missiles, they are also invisible.

Fiends

- Arcanaloth:
    - Alter self: Duplicate Villain at will, Invisibility at will, Magic Missale at will, MindBlank, Counterspell (Amazing against spellcasters) and others.
    - Ultraloth dispel magic at will, Mass Sugestion, Invisibility at will and others
    - Witches
    - Nycaloth

Celestials:
    - Couatl: Greater Restauration and suporting
    - Empyrean
    - Planetar: Comune and Control Weather
    - Ki-rin : Silence, Major Image, Guardian of Faith, True ressurection.

Elemental
    - Genies : Special tatic

Premises:

- Do not ignore the villain's defenses. How did you identify the true? How did you bypass Sanctuary? Is your character able to see the enemy? How to perceive the presence of the enemy? How did you defeat the Undead perception checks ? How to know the location or who is the enemy?

- Unearthed Arcane is disallowed (Obviouly).

- Wish dependent on DM approval, does not work.

- Teleport (Chance to fail) + Save or Suck (Counterspell) does not work if you do not respond how you beat the villain's defenses.

- The temple of the gods is very well hidden and its location is not obvious (you need be able to locate it), Mighty Fortress + Temple of the Gods work well together and the entire temple is protected by permanent Wall of Stones. Inside the temple has the most powerful Undeads and Fiends ever alert. Inside the Temple is a Clone Spell.

Temple of Gods - Blood Magic's Sacrifice

- All villain equipment has Instant Summon Spell.

- All as permanent and long lasting spells were casted previously and not at the time of battle: Programmed Illusions, Major Images, Planar Binding and others

- Meta-game is not allowed, you (Player) knows the character's build, but not your character. So your character needs to be able to know about villain information. Otherwise, your tactic will NOT be valid.

28. - Top - End - #28

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKnight View Post
    Unfortunately, it's too late to heal me, I'm back at zero damage after becoming Wounded. Only thing you could do to help me would be to grab the Painkillers instead and give it to me on Turn 2 to aid my reduced Endurance and Speed.
    Oh man I didn’t know that that couldn’t be healed...I will have to edit my post. I’m sorry.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

All good, just let me know what's going on and I'll map out accordingly.

30. - Top - End - #30

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    All good, just let me know what's going on and I'll map out accordingly.
    The painkillers say during my activation, I can give them to an adjacent character. Can I do everything I typed, except as part of it give the painkillers? I would still rest to clear stress, just take a different item and “deliver” it a different way.